Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums  (Read 581489 times)

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #2340 on: March 14, 2018, 11:19:05 PM »
His post about meeting me at some specific restaruants was an "I know where you live" post, too.

I have never met that poster before in my life. As far as I know, that was our very first interaction on this board or GAF.

Holy crap I didn’t catch that, I thought they were naming random restaurants. You might want to get the police involved dude...I’d be really uncomfortable with some anonymous dude on a message board mentioning that they’d meet me at nearby eateries.
:gddr5[

One of those restaurants is a local-only chain where only 2 locations exist, both relatively close to me.

I am someone who is often vocal on message board and has been online since the late 80's. I flat out know of at least 2 private boards which talk about me, I've seen it before. I know that shit exists. Oh well.

I also run a club and have had people show up and start talking to me using web handles without me knowing who they are and it's pretty freaky haha. I just assume nobody is anonymous on the internet.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5507261/

He knows I live in Houston!  Call the cops!  There are only 2 million people he could be talking about.  There are only two restaurants called Katz's there. 

Run sonic avatar guy, run for your life!

Also, we've been found out.  Apparently we talk about this guy along with goats.
sigh

Jansen

« Reply #2341 on: March 14, 2018, 11:22:48 PM »
oh it's Krejlooc

that guy is full of shit

clothedmacuser

« Reply #2342 on: March 14, 2018, 11:39:55 PM »
We need to platform enable or amplify or whatever this post.

Real Hebrews are black...the world is not flat tho.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5547671/

Atheists 0
sigh

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #2343 on: March 15, 2018, 12:44:40 AM »
This thread was on page 22 when I checked it last night

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2344 on: March 15, 2018, 12:50:32 AM »
Now all you fuckers truly know how I feel when you go on about identity politics for pages on end, congrats :lol

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
« Reply #2345 on: March 15, 2018, 12:51:30 AM »
This thread was on page 22 when I checked it last night

You’re welcome?

Hot Slice

« Reply #2346 on: March 15, 2018, 12:57:41 AM »
Hebrews, as in most of those that worked as slaves in Egypt, could not have been all black.

http://biblehub.com/niv/numbers/12.htm

Numbers 12 tells the story of God punishing Miriam, Moses' sister, with leprosy because they were essentially dissing him for marrying a black woman, a child of Kush. She had the disease for 7 days. Most likely, Moses and his family, and most of the freed Hebrews looked like many mizrahi Jews do today, and the children of Jethro were darker. But it’s not like it matters anyways, dark or light, Jews are hated regardless. That’s reality. At least, as a Jew, that’s how I feel.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #2347 on: March 15, 2018, 01:06:23 AM »
serge

clothedmacuser

« Reply #2348 on: March 15, 2018, 01:21:42 AM »
Why does Huelen have information like this.

Hot Slice, did you grow up religious?
sigh

agrajag

« Reply #2349 on: March 15, 2018, 01:26:09 AM »
You know who cares about what skin color the ancient Jews were? Racists do.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2350 on: March 15, 2018, 01:28:18 AM »

Tasty

« Reply #2351 on: March 15, 2018, 01:30:37 AM »

Xhe's claimed to be Jewish.

Drainage

« Reply #2352 on: March 15, 2018, 01:31:22 AM »
This thread was a really dark, depressing place the last 48 hours. Despite our best attempts to stop it, it just felt like a downward spiral of toxicity we couldn’t break out of. It’s time to take a hard pivot away from the hostility, sensationalism and care posts that have been plaguing the dialogue here in recent days.

This chain of threads is likely the most successful shitposting forum gossip series ever, at least in the English language. After the heroic modding efforts we’ve seen in the last hour, I’m energized and mobilized, contrasted with the misery olympics of circa 1 hour ago that I had little desire to continue having a part in.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2353 on: March 15, 2018, 01:32:43 AM »
This thread was a really dark, depressing place the last 48 hours. Despite our best attempts to stop it, it just felt like a downward spiral of toxicity we couldn’t break out of. It’s time to take a hard pivot away from the hostility, sensationalism and care posts that have been plaguing the dialogue here in recent days.

This chain of threads is likely the most successful shitposting forum gossip series ever, at least in the English language. After the heroic modding efforts we’ve seen in the last hour, I’m energized and mobilized, contrasted with the misery olympics of circa 1 hour ago that I had little desire to continue having a part in.
Hey Tyler, unban my neogaf account man.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #2354 on: March 15, 2018, 01:36:40 AM »
Drainage living up to his username
每天生气

Cream

« Reply #2355 on: March 15, 2018, 01:37:03 AM »

You’re welcome?

shosta

« Reply #2356 on: March 15, 2018, 01:39:15 AM »
Also Huelen's like SUPER Jewish. It's a little attractive, not going to lie.
每天生气

Drainage

« Reply #2357 on: March 15, 2018, 01:42:25 AM »
Cream, engaging with the entire user base at once is difficult and you couldn’t have been expected to handle it as well as the typical celebrity.

Cream

« Reply #2358 on: March 15, 2018, 01:43:59 AM »
Cream, engaging with the entire user base at once is difficult and you couldn’t have been expected to handle it as well as the typical celebrity.

I started off strong, coasted, then fell off hard once I got too triggered.

shosta

« Reply #2359 on: March 15, 2018, 01:54:04 AM »
That's basically what sex is like for me.
每天生气

Hot Slice

« Reply #2360 on: March 15, 2018, 01:54:35 AM »

Believe it or not, Other way around. My parents and I weren’t religious. When I hit my tweens/teens, I stumbled Judaism and fell in love with how much sense it made to me, and then was told by my parents that we were indeed Jewish, descendants of the few in our family who was able to flee the Spanish Inquisition. I talked to them and basically figured out that if I am a Jew, and I am going to be hated for it regardless of what I believe, should I love and embrace my people and it’s history instead and go out on my terms?

I learned my parents on Judaism. Even without practicing it, I never ate anything non-kosher. Both my mom and father were raised with basic Jewish laws unknowingly, and my father and mother both learned they were Jewish because my Aunt told my father on her deathbed, and then my mom asked her mom. It was almost like... it was at the ready for someone to embrace it again, and it ended up being me. I don’t share the story with people often, and I think that most should keep personal beliefs to themselves, but I love my heritage, and am proud of embracing it.

Like, the teachings just make total sense to me. Like one of the rabbinical view on atheism.

“There is a famous story told in Chassidic literature that addresses this very question. The Master teaches the student that God created everything in the world to be appreciated, since everything is here to teach us a lesson.
One clever student asks “What lesson can we learn from atheists? Why did God create them?”
The Master responds “God created atheists to teach us the most important lesson of them all – the lesson of true compassion. You see, when an atheist performs and act of charity, visits someone who is sick, helps someone in need, and cares for the world, he is not doing so because of some religious teaching. He does not believe that god commanded him to perform this act. In fact, he does not believe in God at all, so his acts are based on an inner sense of morality. And look at the kindness he can bestow upon others simply because he feels it to be right.”
“This means,” the Master continued “that when someone reaches out to you for help, you should never say ‘I pray that God will help you.’ Instead for the moment, you should become an atheist, imagine that there is no God who can help, and say 'I will help you.’””

FUME5

« Reply #2361 on: March 15, 2018, 02:00:49 AM »
Why don't you post that little Q&A thing you had with voat.

Hot Slice

« Reply #2362 on: March 15, 2018, 02:04:15 AM »
I've never posted on voat. In fact, last I checked, they didn’t even have open registration any more. Besides, I hate Reddit anyways, so why bother with a clone?

Tasty

« Reply #2363 on: March 15, 2018, 02:06:45 AM »

Believe it or not, Other way around. My parents and I weren’t religious. When I hit my tweens/teens, I stumbled Judaism and fell in love with how much sense it made to me, and then was told by my parents that we were indeed Jewish, descendants of the few in our family who was able to flee the Spanish Inquisition. I talked to them and basically figured out that if I am a Jew, and I am going to be hated for it regardless of what I believe, should I love and embrace my people and it’s history instead and go out on my terms?

I learned my parents on Judaism. Even without practicing it, I never ate anything non-kosher. Both my mom and father were raised with basic Jewish laws unknowingly, and my father and mother both learned they were Jewish because my Aunt told my father on her deathbed, and then my mom asked her mom. It was almost like... it was at the ready for someone to embrace it again, and it ended up being me. I don’t share the story with people often, and I think that most should keep personal beliefs to themselves, but I love my heritage, and am proud of embracing it.

Like, the teachings just make total sense to me. Like one of the rabbinical view on atheism.

“There is a famous story told in Chassidic literature that addresses this very question. The Master teaches the student that God created everything in the world to be appreciated, since everything is here to teach us a lesson.
One clever student asks “What lesson can we learn from atheists? Why did God create them?”
The Master responds “God created atheists to teach us the most important lesson of them all – the lesson of true compassion. You see, when an atheist performs and act of charity, visits someone who is sick, helps someone in need, and cares for the world, he is not doing so because of some religious teaching. He does not believe that god commanded him to perform this act. In fact, he does not believe in God at all, so his acts are based on an inner sense of morality. And look at the kindness he can bestow upon others simply because he feels it to be right.”
“This means,” the Master continued “that when someone reaches out to you for help, you should never say ‘I pray that God will help you.’ Instead for the moment, you should become an atheist, imagine that there is no God who can help, and say 'I will help you.’””

What's the Torah's views on The Gays?

Hot Slice

« Reply #2364 on: March 15, 2018, 02:11:37 AM »
Nothing really. What it does forbid is the homosexual act of lying together between males. Nothing else is said about queerness to my knowledge, and nothing applies to females. So basically, gay male acts aren’t allowed by Jews biblically, yet being gay, as in being sexually attracted to the same sex itself isn’t forbidden. Come to think of it, I know a gay orthodox Jewish guy, who has chosen to stay with his sect by taking a vow of celibacy. Not common, but definitely not forbidden.

Lots of things in The Jewish text are about the action, not thoughts or tendencies. This is different than with Christians where it is said you can commit adultery in your heart, not just by doing it physically.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 02:17:51 AM by Hot Slice »

FUME5

« Reply #2365 on: March 15, 2018, 02:22:50 AM »
Huelen impersonators, what the fuck is the world coming to.

EDIT

That babygoats shit is annoying.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/137806239362056192/423729175728488448/HuelenVoat.png
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 02:28:56 AM by FUME5 »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #2366 on: March 15, 2018, 02:27:46 AM »
My parents and I weren’t religious. When I hit my tweens/teens, I stumbled onto nihilism and fell in love with how much sense it made to me, and then was told by my parents that we were indeed living in a purposeless godless universe and the human condition was to experience existential agony until we die. I talked to them and basically figured out that if I am a nihilist pussy, and I am going to be hated for it regardless of what I believe, why shouldn't I be a sad whiny bitch who bothers people on Facebook the rest of my life?

shosta

« Reply #2367 on: March 15, 2018, 02:31:25 AM »
Why are a bunch of your stupid shitposts lately just lazy word substitution?
每天生气

thetylerrob

« Reply #2368 on: March 15, 2018, 02:47:51 AM »
How do we know this Huelen is the real one?

shosta

« Reply #2369 on: March 15, 2018, 02:48:23 AM »
I can vouch.
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #2370 on: March 15, 2018, 03:31:53 AM »
More misinformed opinions. Mao did not kill 40 million people. the GLF was a cultural success, resulted in huge increases in grain production, but the industry that resulted was a little lacking in quality. Famine was naturally occuring, and the level of death in China only slightly surpassed that of India. The Cultural Revolution is a similar story.

Stalin wasn't a dictator and I struggle to call him evil. Look up Nikolai Yezhov, the leader of the Secret Police under Stalin. He obviously made many mistakes, and I don't agree with his brand of communism, but the guy isn't hitler.
每天生气

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #2371 on: March 15, 2018, 03:52:00 AM »

LOL what celebrities? You mean ones from this board?

Kurt Russell

« Reply #2372 on: March 15, 2018, 04:29:01 AM »
Alright so here’s my honest question.

I understand now that mod instructions are complete bullshit.

So can someone say why they think Joe Molotov would make a big red post saying to not do something when he should know that it would be ignored?

Irony.
woke

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #2373 on: March 15, 2018, 04:40:58 AM »
I can vouch.

But how do we know you're the real Shostarvoich?

Kurt Russell

« Reply #2374 on: March 15, 2018, 05:07:16 AM »
More misinformed opinions. Mao did not kill 40 million people. the GLF was a cultural success, resulted in huge increases in grain production, but the industry that resulted was a little lacking in quality. Famine was naturally occuring, and the level of death in China only slightly surpassed that of India. The Cultural Revolution is a similar story.

Stalin wasn't a dictator and I struggle to call him evil. Look up Nikolai Yezhov, the leader of the Secret Police under Stalin. He obviously made many mistakes, and I don't agree with his brand of communism, but the guy isn't hitler.

Um...what

Yeah, seriously. Shostakovich, I love you to bits, but Stalin was responsible for the murder of north of 20 million people. That's a metric fuckton of "mistakes".

Edit: I don't fucking know who originally posted that shite. MODS HALP.
woke

etiolate

« Reply #2375 on: March 15, 2018, 05:35:21 AM »
Mao did not kill 40 million people. the GLF was a cultural success, resulted in huge increases in grain production, but the industry that resulted was a little lacking in quality. Famine was naturally occuring, and the level of death in China only slightly surpassed that of India. The Cultural Revolution is a similar story.

edit: BONUS

right on, my China history is a lot better than my USSR history. And I am also a History BA in the working.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 05:40:42 AM by etiolate »

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #2376 on: March 15, 2018, 05:50:08 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-didnt-realize-that-the-latestagecapitalism-subreddit-loves-communism.29285/page-7#post-5536289

Be so into communism that you'll go out of your way to defend Stalin as not a bad guy

right on, my China history is a lot better than my USSR history. And I am also a History BA in the working.

goodwillhuntingbaretherscene.gif

Jerry

« Reply #2377 on: March 15, 2018, 05:55:12 AM »
Cream, if you are sick of being called an alt account prove that you are not by making a post on ERA with the following terms then link it here:

- Feet
- My waifu is ruining my laifu
- Sonic vore
- Vita > 3DS

Only then will you be taken seriously.
COYS

paprikastaude

« Reply #2378 on: March 15, 2018, 08:15:25 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5599569/

How exactly did you put a 10/10 on the destructoid review and not fix it after people asked you to? Why am I having to fix this OP.

Do NOT under any circumstances make a review thread and alter the scores. Whether it be from posting the wrong ones or rounding them up.

At first I thought this was a joke (considering the mod anyway), but now I think this is a serious warning. The shame of the typo.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #2379 on: March 15, 2018, 09:01:14 AM »
It would appear that Cream is sleeping.

What does Cream dream about?
woke

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #2380 on: March 15, 2018, 09:09:48 AM »

No, race isn't a major life advantage, income is. The fact that you have to talk about income to prove that race is important proves that by far the biggest issue here is income. High poverty rates result in crime, broken families, lower education and marginalization worldwide, income is the fucking key to everything and explains most of the statistics. Furthermore, bitching about a vague systemic racism that is keeping blacks down won't do jack shit for black people.

The economic system you support by voting for corporate shills like Obama and Clinton is what is keeping blacks down, the complaints you and people like you have are nothing but superficial posturing and result in a big fat nothing. The best you can offer is third rate treatment for the symptoms instead of focusing on the root of the problem. And of course you won't focus on the problem, you're part of it.

And race is a probabilistic component of the family you are born into, and white families are more likely to be economically and geographically positioned. You acknowledged this before you clawed back on it.

And the historical structural advantages that white people have established for themselves over the last 300 years, in the aggregate, often gives white people a leg up in many aspects of life. Which I gave examples of on the other page.

This will apparently remain the case until we get to your capitalism-less utopia you promise. In the meantime, whether you think the root of this disparity and the cause of these identifiable advantages is capitalism, that advantage exists presently. And by all accounts it is a notable one in the aggregate.

This is one of the most pretentious ways I've witnessed a poster ignore ALL my fucking arguments and continue to be talking out of their ass with talking points I already addressed. What I said has been completely skipped over in every part of the post, amazing.

Coitus

« Reply #2381 on: March 15, 2018, 09:18:44 AM »
Can’t blame him tbh.

Cream

« Reply #2382 on: March 15, 2018, 09:43:33 AM »
So Emmitt Till was beaten and killed by white men not for flirting with a white woman, but because he had low income?

When they assassinated MLK and X, they didn’t do it because they were racist. They did it because those men had a low income!

And the data that showed people guessing HIGHER ages for photos of black children compared to white children, suggesting a societal bias to see black kids as older? It’s just because of income! Not race at all.

Or how about the number that showed doctors giving drugs for pain to black patients less because of a suggested bias of black people having a higher pain tolerance? Income.

Black people getting stopped and frisked far more? Well if they had more income, wouldn’t happen. Unless you’re Lebron James, or another famous starlets I guess.

Innocent black people getting shot by the police? Just fix the income problem and that would surely stop.

You see, it seems to me that some people are doing the same thing so many misguided and so-called liberals are doing. They can’t possibly fathom the idea of dismantling any racism, so they go for an easy answer.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #2383 on: March 15, 2018, 09:48:25 AM »
micro macro macro macro micro micro macro micro macro micro micro macro micro macro macro micro

rub

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2384 on: March 15, 2018, 09:51:06 AM »
So Emmitt Till was beaten and killed by white men not for flirting with a white woman, but because he had low income?

When they assassinated MLK and X, they didn’t do it because they were racist. They did it because those men had a low income!

And the data that showed people guessing HIGHER ages for photos of black children compared to white children, suggesting a societal bias to see black kids as older? It’s just because of income! Not race at all.

Or how about the number that showed doctors giving drugs for pain to black patients less because of a suggested bias of black people having a higher pain tolerance? Income.

Black people getting stopped and frisked far more? Well if they had more income, wouldn’t happen. Unless you’re Lebron James, or another famous starlets I guess.

Innocent black people getting shot by the police? Just fix the income problem and that would surely stop.

You see, it seems to me that some people are doing the same thing so many misguided and so-called liberals are doing. They can’t possibly fathom the idea of dismantling any racism, so they go for an easy answer.

What does this have to do with another forum?  ???

Time to shine the bat-signal?
:batman
Seriously, guys- go post this shit in the politics thread or if it doesn't fit there make a new thread or something.
ど助平

Kurt Russell

« Reply #2385 on: March 15, 2018, 09:52:01 AM »

Don't shitcan another thread just because Cream is sperging in it.
woke

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2386 on: March 15, 2018, 09:53:14 AM »

:whatsthedeal

Why would you think I'd shitcan the whole thread?
ど助平

Cream

« Reply #2387 on: March 15, 2018, 09:54:51 AM »

You shouldnt disparage people with aspergers just because me expressing my opinions makes you uncomfortable.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #2388 on: March 15, 2018, 09:57:21 AM »

You shouldnt disparage people with aspergers just because me expressing my opinions makes you uncomfortable.

You do you and I'll do me.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fucktard
[close]
woke

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2389 on: March 15, 2018, 09:57:44 AM »
OK, Cream, this is an actual warning now, my friend.  I'll even do it in REEEEE red for you.  Stop shitting this thread up (something that's hard to do with how shitty it already is).  There's nothing stopping you from posting in other threads.
ど助平

Kurt Russell

« Reply #2390 on: March 15, 2018, 10:00:35 AM »
OK, Cream, this is an actual warning now, my friend.  I'll even do it in REEEEE red for you.  Stop shitting this thread up (something that's hard to do with how shitty it already is).  There's nothing stopping you from posting in other threads.

:drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge                                                                           :batman HOLY FUCKING SHIT :batman
:drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge
Hey Cream - there's some of that mod proactiveness you were crying out for yesterday.
woke

Cream

« Reply #2391 on: March 15, 2018, 10:03:52 AM »

:drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge                                                                           :batman HOLY FUCKING SHIT :batman
:drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge
Hey Cream - there's some of that mod proactiveness you were crying out for yesterday.

Yeah I noticed.

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #2392 on: March 15, 2018, 10:15:17 AM »
You fucking people are no fun. We have out own drama generating MACHINE in here and you're putting obstacles to his wonderful path. Shame on all of you.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2393 on: March 15, 2018, 10:19:56 AM »
 :trumps
ど助平

Jerry

« Reply #2394 on: March 15, 2018, 10:21:44 AM »
I'm still not convinced Cream isn't an alt account until she makes a post on ERA fitting my criteria.
COYS

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #2395 on: March 15, 2018, 10:24:32 AM »
Can we please allow Cream to continue? The bore is a lot more fun this way.

Cream

« Reply #2396 on: March 15, 2018, 10:24:49 AM »
I'm still not convinced Cream isn't an alt account until she makes a post on ERA fitting my criteria.

Even if I cared to prove myself to you your criteria is silly

Jerry

« Reply #2397 on: March 15, 2018, 10:27:02 AM »

I'll settle for just the sonic vore.

COYS

Cream

« Reply #2398 on: March 15, 2018, 10:28:52 AM »

I'll settle for just the sonic vore.

Ok but again no.  All that would even prove is that I’m the same poster as the one on Era.  Wouldn’t stop the stupid idea that I am Cindi though

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2399 on: March 15, 2018, 10:30:59 AM »

I agree with Bork, I'm willing to sacrifice my beloved US Politics thread