Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5890813 times)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Re: The Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash
« Reply #15480 on: June 23, 2018, 12:03:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-free-will-is-an-illusion-then-should-we-be-held-accountable-for-our-actions.50976/

ivd been thinking about this tonight. There’s a video on YouTube where a guy argues that free will isn’t real and yeah. I wanted to post it on era

Not one person in that thread has asked for link to that video.

the fuck mods?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #15481 on: June 23, 2018, 12:19:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fewer-births-than-deaths-among-whites-in-majority-of-u-s-states.50966/

The celebration expressed in that thread is disturbing.
There might be a god after all

Doing my part by not having kids

I’m guessing this forum happy about this!
Good. As a white guy, they deserve to die out. I don't give a shit.

Good.
Without whites, the Republican party will die.

As a white American, good. The sooner white people in America stop being a majority the sooner we can get rid of fascist fuckwits.
Why are they "intentionally" "self-selecting" so that the racist/fascist/GamerGate/Trump share of whites increases?

And what's their time frame here on whites dying out exactly? They're ~80% of the population.
A report by the U.S. Census Bureau projects a decrease in the ratio of Whites between 2010 and 2050, from 79.5% to 74.0%

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:teehee
[close]

daemon

benjipwns

« Reply #15483 on: June 23, 2018, 12:25:57 PM »
I hope my boy is getting paid for this dribble
That masters degree being put to good use.
This scene is chill inducing every time I see it. It is just pure Star Wars greatness.

This is the best shot in the history of this franchise

I am not sure how anyone can watch this bit from the Making of TLJ and not tear up:

tummyfat

« Reply #15484 on: June 23, 2018, 12:26:52 PM »
Threads like that Sarah Huckabee thread are the absolute worst that GAF/RE have to offer.

People are so childish and over emotional and self righteous about it, the Nazi comparisons are so
fucking overblown and they dogpile anyone who says “Well that’s kind of a shitty thing for the restaurant to do” to oblivion. What a cesspool

benjipwns

« Reply #15485 on: June 23, 2018, 12:28:34 PM »
One of the most iconic shots of the entire saga:

benjipwns

« Reply #15486 on: June 23, 2018, 12:29:30 PM »
Luke's action at the end of TLJ has the most galaxy altering impact of any action of his entire life we have seen on screen. He saved the galaxy. In the biblical sense Luke essentially became Jesus in that moment. He truly became a legend and inspired a galaxy of followers from that action.

paprikastaude

« Reply #15487 on: June 23, 2018, 12:30:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fewer-births-than-deaths-among-whites-in-majority-of-u-s-states.50966/

The celebration expressed in that thread is disturbing.
There might be a god after all

Doing my part by not having kids

I’m guessing this forum happy about this!
Good. As a white guy, they deserve to die out. I don't give a shit.

Good.
Without whites, the Republican party will die.

As a white American, good. The sooner white people in America stop being a majority the sooner we can get rid of fascist fuckwits.

Some are calling out the self-loathing

Lol at the self-loathing posts in here. White guilt is for the weak.
This thread is peak nihilism lmao. The (self) hate is real.

I'm sure it's their choice to not have children, not a side effect of being too moronic to realize that they've become lunatic manchild racists. :doge
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 12:57:15 PM by Spieler1 »

benjipwns

« Reply #15488 on: June 23, 2018, 12:31:51 PM »
It’s interesting reading everyone’s perspectives in a civil context. Even those I find baffling.

Good thread, OP.

daemon

« Reply #15489 on: June 23, 2018, 12:33:56 PM »
I hope my boy is getting paid for this dribble
That masters degree being put to good use.
This scene is chill inducing every time I see it. It is just pure Star Wars greatness.

compare the weight of the moves, the impact they have. How the choreography works because they trained for months. The New Trilogy is shit in that regard.

Special attention to the combat narrative on 0:42, you get the feeling of the rage on Obiwan from just the aggressive style he's using, and how he attacks relentlessly.

benjipwns

« Reply #15490 on: June 23, 2018, 12:35:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/9612166/
What's the big twist of 9 then?
I've been teasing the reveal for too long and for that I apologize. It all started when I saw the film a second time and noticed something that seemed really familiar. I googled a bit and it seemed no one else noticed this thing. Some months passed and it appears to have still gone unnoticed. I have scanned through the director's commentary and Rian Johnson says a couple of interesting things at this point in the film. I've run my observation by a few trusted pals, asking them to poke holes in it. None have been able to. A couple think I have spoiled the film for them. I don't really keep up with the EU all that much, but nothing I have found contradicts my observation.

I will rewatch 7 and 8 this week and finally shit or get off the pot. It's not that much work, but I just need to be sure I haven't missed something that clearly negates it all. I'll say this though, it is a shame Carrie Fisher died as it won't have quite the same impact as it could have.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15491 on: June 23, 2018, 12:37:23 PM »
Threads like that Sarah Huckabee thread are the absolute worst that GAF/RE have to offer.

People are so childish and over emotional and self righteous about it, the Nazi comparisons are so
fucking overblown and they dogpile anyone who says “Well that’s kind of a shitty thing for the restaurant to do” to oblivion. What a cesspool

maybe sarah should stop being a piece of shit.

benjipwns

« Reply #15492 on: June 23, 2018, 12:37:59 PM »

compare the weight of the moves, the impact they have. How the choreography works because they trained for months. The New Trilogy is shit in that regard.
The fact that you saw them when you were young still affect your judgement on it. Most of New Trilogy haters are Prequel Trilogy fans that grow with that version of Star Wars. You're just old  :ufup

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15493 on: June 23, 2018, 12:38:48 PM »
Speakin of nines.

Leadbelly

« Reply #15494 on: June 23, 2018, 12:42:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sarah-sanders-and-family-reportedly-denied-service-at-virginia-restaurant.51025/#post-9612531

I thought it was bad to traumatize children tho

It seems a lot of people in this thread agree with the principle of denying service. In fact a number of them, including the OP would like to see it happen more and more. That's interesting.

tummyfat

« Reply #15495 on: June 23, 2018, 12:45:14 PM »

Her job is to be a mouthpiece for a piece of shit

daemon

« Reply #15496 on: June 23, 2018, 12:46:11 PM »

The fact that you saw them when you were young still affect your judgement on it. Most of New Trilogy haters are Prequel Trilogy fans that grow with that version of Star Wars. You're just old  :ufup

Not quite. I just genuinely enjoyed the choreography, just like I enjoyed Ep6 chroeography. The new ones, you can clearly tell that they didn't bother training them properly. Ep7 duel (Rey-Kylo) was a new shot every 0.5 to 1 second. They were trying to mask the lack of dynamic fighting with quick camera cuts. It's really nothing alike mate.

I'll always say that Star Wars movies are like half-finished canvases. The amount of unexplained detail makes for great spinoff content. Felucia, a planet that appeared for just a few seconds in Ep3 has been expanded through third party works. This is what I love about Star Wars. You don't need to explicitly explain everything that appears. An "extra" of Episode 1 became an undercover jedi named Quinlan Vos. This is why I always thought Star Wars was great, because of everything it can offer beyond the movies.

...Now we have Captain Garbage Compactor Firepit Collapsing Phasma, who did nothing meaningful in two movies. And it could be argued she was the secondary villain. At least Episode 8 tried to do a bigger scope of the universe, but 7 was a joke in that regard.

I did like the scene that you posted, I just wish they'd train more for them, so it didn't look iffy even in the cut they thought was production-ready.

benjipwns

« Reply #15497 on: June 23, 2018, 12:47:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sarah-sanders-and-family-reportedly-denied-service-at-virginia-restaurant.51025/#post-9612531

I thought it was bad to traumatize children tho
Nothing would make me happier than knowing that she knows her children loathe her.
nothing? really? your number one is that a press secretary's children openly hate their mother?

well, to each their own i suppose

Leadbelly

« Reply #15498 on: June 23, 2018, 12:53:00 PM »

My issue has nothing to do with whether Sarah is a piece of shit or not, it is how inconsistent these people are on these issues. If it was a Christian baker refusing to make a gay wedding cake, they would respond to it differently. If that is the case, then surely they should object to this on principle?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15499 on: June 23, 2018, 12:55:29 PM »

So stop working at that job?

Like I know fucking mike seemed like ladder climb, but stop.

benjipwns

« Reply #15501 on: June 23, 2018, 12:59:31 PM »
My issue has nothing to do with whether Sarah is a piece of shit or not, it is how inconsistent these people are on these issues. If it was a Christian baker refusing to make a gay wedding cake, they would respond to it differently. If that is the case, then surely they should object to this on principle?
Not at all. People they don't like should be punished/restricted/actioned, people they do like should be rewarded/unrestrained/empowered. Simple. Consistent. Principled. Justice.

Cauliflower Of Love

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15503 on: June 23, 2018, 12:59:54 PM »
Sarah Sanders seems to genuinely enjoy her job. A job she wouldn't have gotten in any other administration.
These are usually posts that go to people that are either close to the candidate or have the credentials and/or looks.
Sarah is not someone anyone would put in front of a camera. Well, anyone but Trump.

Imagine being fat, dim and unattractive and having Mike Huckabee as your dad for your whole life.
Then by sheer coincidence you get one of the most public and visible jobs in the world. You get to be the face and main liaison to the public and press of a US government.

I really can't fault her for taking this chance.
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15504 on: June 23, 2018, 01:01:00 PM »
wait what the fuck is this IF thing?

If it was a Christian baker refusing to make a gay wedding cake

That's what happened.

benjipwns

« Reply #15505 on: June 23, 2018, 01:01:40 PM »
These are usually posts that go to people that are either close to the candidate or have the credentials and/or looks.
Imagine being fat, dim and unattractive
Sean Spicer.

sphagnum

« Reply #15506 on: June 23, 2018, 01:03:14 PM »

You're conflating a sexual orientation with someone being a racist's voluntary functionary. The principle isn't "companies should be able to serve who they want", it's "people who didn't do anything wrong shouldn't be punished, people who have done something wrong should".

agrajag

« Reply #15507 on: June 23, 2018, 01:05:07 PM »

The only principle they operate on is tribal warfare.

With that said, I have no problem with the Homeland Security lady getting chased out of a restaurant by protesters.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15508 on: June 23, 2018, 01:07:52 PM »
I cant wait until colbert has a good laugh with sarah sanders on late night with stephen colbert on cbs every night after your local news!

fucking cowards

Leadbelly

« Reply #15509 on: June 23, 2018, 01:12:19 PM »
Not at all. People they don't like should be punished/restricted/actioned, people they do like should be rewarded/unrestrained/empowered. Simple. Consistent. Principled. Justice.

Yeah. I notice a lot of them can't even grasp this point. It's like a free speech advocate defending the speech of ass holes. They don't do it because they agree with what they say, they do it simply to defend the principle. Of course in terms of denying service the issues are complex, but if it is a denial of service they disagree with, they don't give a shit about the complexity of the matter, it is straightforward to them.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #15510 on: June 23, 2018, 01:12:52 PM »
Aren't fucked up stories against the rules? Like what is there to discuss about this?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/15-yr-old-bronx-teen-dragged-out-of-store-stabbed-repeatedly.51010/#post-9610187

It's official, Trump presidency isn't too fucked up even for ERA. Checkmate.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #15511 on: June 23, 2018, 01:13:24 PM »
The principle isn't "companies should be able to serve who they want", it's "people who didn't do anything wrong shouldn't be punished, people who have done something wrong should".
And yet ERA preemptively refuses to tolerate us Doxxer-Americans through no fault of our own, causing our very humanity to be questioned:
We have a zero-tolerance policy on hate speech, bullying, harassment and doxing. Any users found to be involved in this behaviour will be banned.

tummyfat

« Reply #15512 on: June 23, 2018, 01:13:39 PM »
Look at this post I found on stormfront about Masterpiece Bakery

If this happened to a normal person, they would go home and reflect and have an epiphany because her kids are probably asking her why she was denied service, but this is not a normal human, so she will continue being the scum that she is.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15513 on: June 23, 2018, 01:16:03 PM »
Aren't fucked up stories against the rules? Like what is there to discuss about this?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/15-yr-old-bronx-teen-dragged-out-of-store-stabbed-repeatedly.51010/#post-9610187

It's official, Trump presidency isn't too fucked up even for ERA. Checkmate.

That shit is ether.

I find this to be a particularly idiotic and pathetic question. If we can spend multiple pages discussing the death of some abusive rap star, why not keep that same energy with an innocent(?) 15 yr old kid?

I dunno. Fuck it lock the thread since it bothers yall so much.

jorma

« Reply #15514 on: June 23, 2018, 01:16:18 PM »

You're conflating a sexual orientation with someone being a racist's voluntary functionary. The principle isn't "companies should be able to serve who they want", it's "people who didn't do anything wrong shouldn't be punished, people who have done something wrong should".

Private companies probably shouldn't be mandated to "punish people who do wrong".

benjipwns

« Reply #15515 on: June 23, 2018, 01:18:44 PM »
So transphobia and racism gets you a one week ban (or three days or five days) usually. But...
User Banned (two weeks): History of bad faith arguments, moving goalposts, to defend a company.

That what I said... Epic choose the easy way to code just an account block instead to handle it in a proper way.

Said that the biggest issue with Crossplay for platform holders is the share of the revenue from purchase... that is thing that the developers/publishers will have to find a solution in the middle way where all platform holders get a share to make them accept Crossplay.

While they didn’t reach a consensus for all parts Crossplay won’t work in a business sense.

But that is another talk not related to the account block... that is on Epic side to fix the things.

tummyfat

« Reply #15516 on: June 23, 2018, 01:18:53 PM »
I wish it was Ben Carson who was denied service so the forum would eat itself

sphagnum

« Reply #15517 on: June 23, 2018, 01:19:20 PM »

Private companies probably shouldn't be mandated to "punish people who do wrong".

Who mandated it?

benjipwns

« Reply #15518 on: June 23, 2018, 01:20:12 PM »
also, this is fun:
User Warned: Personal attacks against another member (avatar shaming).
I will 100% be going with Xbox as my main platform over PlayStation next gen if Sony doesn't change.
Looking at you avatar that was the case this gen as well. Nothing lost, nothing gained.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15519 on: June 23, 2018, 01:21:02 PM »
ben carson already denied service to having self respect.

The travesty that is happening in HUD is just as bad at the HHS things, and everything happening at the EPA, and every fucking thing.

Leadbelly

« Reply #15520 on: June 23, 2018, 01:21:13 PM »

Especially when 'done wrong' means being the press secretary to an unpopular president, and nothing more.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15521 on: June 23, 2018, 01:25:02 PM »

The travesty that is happening in HUD is just as bad at the HHS things, and everything happening at the EPA, and every fucking thing.
I wonder how Rick Perry and the nukes are doing.  :marimo
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #15522 on: June 23, 2018, 01:28:07 PM »
hey, remember that time Robert Gibbs responded to a question about an American citizen, who was a minor, being assassinated on the President's orders without any form of due process by saying "I would suggest that you should have a far more responsible father"

it's gonna be hard to top that one, i wish Sarah the best in making history :american

sphagnum

« Reply #15523 on: June 23, 2018, 01:28:41 PM »

Especially when 'done wrong' means being the press secretary to an unpopular president, and nothing more.

Her job - which is voluntary - is to lie and spin PR for a monstrous idiot. She's not doing some noble work, trying to keep a department from imploding under his misrule. Toss her to the wolves - she has nobody to blame but herself.

KarpalaJoe

« Reply #15524 on: June 23, 2018, 01:31:08 PM »

MF.

It's even more true for Star Wars though. The people bitching about how the prequels are bad are 100% nostalgia biased. The reality is none of the Star Wars movies are good. They have their moments from time to time, but that's it.

I've watched the OG trilogy recently and it was embarassing. I'll never forget this scene :

The action, the acting, the writing, the dialogue, the cheeziness... It's worse than bad.

The whole Star Wars franchise can't hold a single candle to the true GOAT : the OG LOTR trilogy.  :trumps

sphagnum

« Reply #15525 on: June 23, 2018, 01:35:24 PM »
Obi-Wan vs Maul in Rebels remains the best lightsaber duel

benjipwns

« Reply #15526 on: June 23, 2018, 01:36:43 PM »
noticing a lot of posters without avatars on this page, how are we supposed to be avatar shaming properly?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15527 on: June 23, 2018, 01:37:02 PM »

I wonder how Rick Perry and the nukes are doing.  :marimo

I think he's distinguished mentally-challenged enough to

omg rick perry is head of the Department of Energy

jfc

Coax

« Reply #15528 on: June 23, 2018, 01:38:31 PM »
I've watched the OG trilogy recently and it was embarassing. I'll never forget this scene :

The action, the acting, the writing, the dialogue, the cheeziness... It's worse than bad.

Tbf RotJ has no redeeming qualities. ESB is at least a decent flick and has the fewest changes over time of the three. There are far more rewarding films to watch but same could be said of most films.

Leadbelly

« Reply #15529 on: June 23, 2018, 01:43:11 PM »
Her job - which is voluntary - is to lie and spin PR for a monstrous idiot. She's not doing some noble work, trying to keep a department from imploding under his misrule. Toss her to the wolves - she has nobody to blame but herself.

I am reminded of a case in Ireland where a baker refused to make a gay wedding cake. They didn't refuse to actually bake them a wedding cake, they refused to make a specifically gay wedding cake. It was the messaging of the cake they took issue with. They apologised and gave them the number of another cake shop that would do what they wanted.

I remember Patrick Stewart weighing in on this. He said something interesting which I agree with.

Now do you think any of these people on RE would be this nuanced on cases like this? And that's the thing, the issue is complex, and you have to think about it carefully and seriously.

The way I see it, if you think it is fine to refuse Sarah Sanders on some kind of moral grounds, then you have to carefully consider the point of view of others who you may disagree with. Otherwise it becomes merely arbitrary and without any real principle to it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 01:51:47 PM by Leadbelly »

BisMarckie

« Reply #15530 on: June 23, 2018, 01:44:23 PM »
:no1curr

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #15531 on: June 23, 2018, 01:45:00 PM »
REE users still stealing content to syphon advertising money away from people who actually, you know, work, and into the pockets of anonymous forum owners.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/game-of-thrones-kit-harington-and-rose-leslie-marry-in-scotland.51041/

Funny, they copied and pasted the entire article, but skipped this part:

Since you’re here …
… we have a small favour to ask. More people are reading the Guardian than ever but advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. And unlike many news organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. The Guardian’s independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too.

Fish<

agrajag

« Reply #15532 on: June 23, 2018, 01:45:38 PM »
Sohagum, do you think it is a good practice for forum mods to ban members for things they've done outside of the forum?

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #15533 on: June 23, 2018, 01:49:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/eroticising-and-sexualising-researcher-slams-ad-campaign-featuring-pregnant-12-year-old-girl.44803/

So now it's okay not to take a black woman's word on how that content is viewed as problematic?  :lol

On a somewhat related note, do these dumbasses understand what type of shitstorm it would cause in Finland if a government financed media outlet would go against this woman in the current political climate? The only result is that it would seem racist.

benjipwns

« Reply #15534 on: June 23, 2018, 01:49:55 PM »
REE users still stealing content to syphon advertising money away from people who actually, you know, work, and into the pockets of anonymous forum owners.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/game-of-thrones-kit-harington-and-rose-leslie-marry-in-scotland.51041/

Funny, they copied and pasted the entire article, but skipped this part:

Since you’re here …
… we have a small favour to ask. More people are reading the Guardian than ever but advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. And unlike many news organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. The Guardian’s independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too.

I'm afraid you're mistaken:
IV. Other Disallowed Content

Copyrighted material and piracy: Do not post copyrighted material such as magazine scans. This policy also applies to copying and pasting entire articles or reports for redistribution on ResetEra.

nudemacusers

« Reply #15535 on: June 23, 2018, 01:50:13 PM »
Sohagum, do you think it is a good practice for forum mods to ban members for things they've done outside of the forum?
Is this the first step in the amirox resetera mod campaign? :thinking
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #15536 on: June 23, 2018, 01:51:11 PM »
Is this the first step in the amirox resetera mod campaign? :thinking
none of the ResetERA mods and admins even knew his name

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15537 on: June 23, 2018, 01:51:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/eroticising-and-sexualising-researcher-slams-ad-campaign-featuring-pregnant-12-year-old-girl.44803/

So now it's okay not to take a black woman's word on how that content is viewed as problematic?  :lol

On a somewhat related note, do these dumbasses understand what type of shitstorm it would cause in Finland if a government financed media outlet would go against this woman in the current political climate? The only result is that it would seem racist.

I like how they have no problem with a pregnant 12 year old. Whatsoever.  :doge
🤴

sphagnum

« Reply #15538 on: June 23, 2018, 01:52:26 PM »

I am reminded of a case in Ireland where the baker refused to make a gay wedding cake. They didn't refuse to actually bake them a wedding cake, they refused to make a specifically gay wedding cake. It was the messaging of the cake they took issue with. They apologised and gave them the number of another cake shop that would do what they wanted.

I remember Patrick Stewart weighing in on this. He said something interesting which I agree with.

Now do you think any of these people on RE would be this nuanced on cases like this? And that's the thing, the issue is complex, and you have to think about it carefully and seriously.

The way I see it, if you think it is fine to refuse Sarah Sanders on some kind of moral grounds, then you have to carefully consider the point of view of others who you may disagree with. Otherwise it becomes merely arbitrary and without any real principle to it.

It's not complex. SHS is being judged based on her actions. That's it, the end. There's no sticky question about religious freedoms or whatever. If you must boil it down to some neutral principle, the equivalent would be a restaurant refusing to serve Obama because he pushed for the ACA or whatever.

Depends on what they did.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15539 on: June 23, 2018, 01:54:08 PM »
It's tricky really,
No it's not. It's as easy as not sticking your dick in a 12 year old and/or photographing or filming them.  :doge
🤴