Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5882785 times)

Jansen

Re: The Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash
« Reply #15360 on: June 22, 2018, 10:38:31 PM »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #15361 on: June 22, 2018, 10:48:53 PM »
:holeup

all of marvel and donny darko on the rewatch list at almost 40 :rofl
a little down the page this conversation occurs:
Quote from: ZattMurdock
All the MCU films? Every year?

I mean, you do you but you couldn't pay me to watch some of those movies again, as much as i love some of the other ones.
Yep, all of them. Warming up to the marathon this year.
Pure masochism
I fucking LOVE IT. Hands down my favorite cinematic universe of all time, it topped Star Wars around Captain America: Civil War for me.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #15362 on: June 22, 2018, 10:53:40 PM »
schuh is so fucking sexy.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15363 on: June 22, 2018, 10:56:16 PM »
incidentally she's was run by russians!

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15364 on: June 22, 2018, 10:58:50 PM »
It'd have to be a terrible feeling to be a vegas whore who falls in love with a drinking to die alcoholic that doesn't want to fuck you and gets another vegas whore to fuck in your bed.

That salmon shirt is pretty nice though.

benjipwns

« Reply #15365 on: June 22, 2018, 11:01:52 PM »
though this post of his in this thread's arguing over whether Disney's Marvel's Black Panther is "the best movie of all time" I found was better: https://www.resetera.com/posts/4775904/
Alright, let me try to help you:

and from the page prior:
The consensus on RT says: Black Panther elevates superhero cinema to thrilling new heights while telling one of the MCU's most absorbing stories -- and introducing some of its most fully realized characters.

All the reasonable signs point out that RT critics at the very least have this film as the best of all time. Same goes for Metacritic. You are being juvenile and clearly showing that this is about "your" movie being dethroned. Don't worry, there's room for both. It's just a fact that Black Panther is more critically acclaimed and will end up doing more than that film at the box office too.
I'm leaving the thread. The gatekeeping here is real.

How dare you this film directed by a black man and with a black cast get to insane record breaking box office numbers and get this kind of critical acclaim, am I right? It is what it is. I'm sure that there are those that want "real cinema" prestiged, but what I'm mostly seeing here is people that are truly pissed because their fav got dethroned. And that's not the way this works.

and before that:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-panther-ranked-as-best-movie-of-all-time-by-rotten-tomatoes.24696/page-12#post-4773605

This has become officially my "Come at us bro" gif. Tell us more about how you feel.
My people has a saying that comes from the Candomblé, we even have a great bad ass song for it:

Não mexe comigo que eu não ando só. It means: "Don't mess with me, because I don't walk alone". I don't expect you to understand it, but it's so true. And so fucking beautiful. :)
Actually, you are more than likely talking to a man that has black blood and is very proud of that and its origins. Candomblé is great and it means that our spiritual guides protect us. When I say "come at us", it has meaning because it means that I represent my people and the spirit of our ancestors is with us, hence "Come at us bro". But sure, think I'm the "dad from Get Out" or whatever. :)
Candomblé, I even gave you guys a link. Afro-Brazilian culture is fucking glorious.
This thread sure got weird...
So do you think that just Afro-Brazilian culture is weird or are you talking Afro culture in general? This is a moment that people like me are celebrating. I bring it up something about Afro-Brazilian culture and you think it's weird? Buddy, you just saw too little of the world yet.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 11:06:14 PM by benjipwns »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15366 on: June 22, 2018, 11:04:52 PM »
Black Panther

Best Movie Of All Time

???

It's a fucking superhero movie that nobody is going to be talking about by next year (if they haven't already). I don't get it.  I liked the movie...and I don't get it.
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #15367 on: June 22, 2018, 11:06:48 PM »
Black Panther

Best Movie Of All Time

???

It's a fucking superhero movie that nobody is going to be talking about by next year (if they haven't already). I don't get it.  I liked the movie...and I don't get it.
Buddy, you just saw too little of the world yet.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15368 on: June 22, 2018, 11:08:31 PM »
"Don't scare me coloniser"

<superhero cinema elevates>

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15369 on: June 22, 2018, 11:09:52 PM »
Jordans method abs vs Ledgers method mental illness

I mean BP wins because nolan is a fucking piece of shit that not even the murder of ledger by the olsen twins could save.

but damn jordan is sexy as shit.

benjipwns

« Reply #15370 on: June 22, 2018, 11:10:36 PM »
Remember, we truly are the Last of Us will now always be able to say "Wakanda Forever"

Tasty

« Reply #15371 on: June 22, 2018, 11:12:13 PM »
Ban benji's bitch ass.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15372 on: June 22, 2018, 11:14:41 PM »
thin ice tasty meat

leave benji alone

Bore Expert

« Reply #15373 on: June 22, 2018, 11:14:48 PM »
Black Panther

Best Movie Of All Time

???

I bet somebody will be talking about it next year. And the year after that when they release it on VHS and laserdisc   :bobby

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15374 on: June 22, 2018, 11:14:49 PM »
Remember, we truly are the Last of Us will now always be able to say "Wakanda Forever"

Tony Stark could've came up with "Wakanda Forever" in a cave! With a box of scraps!

benjipwns

« Reply #15375 on: June 22, 2018, 11:15:20 PM »
Ban benji's bitch ass.
You're just upset because MY people had a superhero film decades ago:

Tasty

« Reply #15376 on: June 22, 2018, 11:16:23 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #15377 on: June 22, 2018, 11:17:12 PM »
Ban benji's bitch ass.

That's not a Jewish folk hero...

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15378 on: June 22, 2018, 11:17:49 PM »
How is this thread still open, and how are people still RIP ing a pile of garbage?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fox-news%E2%80%99-charles-krauthammer-says-he-is-losing-his-cancer-battle-up-passed-away.47715/page-7

Oh yea,  :reeeee

spoiler (click to show/hide)
pay to play bitches
[close]

So a man just died of cancer and instead of just not commenting or "i disagreed with him but cancer is a shitty way to go" you compare him to a nazi. Im sure you dont realize it but you are part of the problem. You disgust me and are a bad human being.

man is a liberal use that word.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15379 on: June 22, 2018, 11:22:33 PM »
Imagine if all MCU films were as decent as Iron Man 1 or Captain America 1 or Guardians of the Galaxy 1 or The Wolverine.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15380 on: June 22, 2018, 11:25:30 PM »
Ban benji's bitch ass.

In his book on Italian cinema, Howard Hughes described the film as "one of the worst superhero movies of all" noting an "awful script" and that the film was "amateurish in all departments, but the flying sequences stand out, as becaped Puma Man is suspended, flailing, by the seat of his pants from wires."
:heh
ど助平

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #15381 on: June 22, 2018, 11:30:02 PM »
RumpledForeskin

I think I banned him.
serge

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15382 on: June 22, 2018, 11:32:06 PM »
that would explain alot

Rahxephon91

« Reply #15383 on: June 22, 2018, 11:33:52 PM »
I like Marvel movies. I find them fun I really do.

But I feel the people talking as if there the best peice of cinema or something more than fun action movies have the taste of a 12 year old.

But honestly that's an insult of a 12 year old because even though I loved the old Batman movies as a 12 year old they weren't the movies really exciting my imagination and making a mark on what I view as art.

But then I see the discussion these people have and the limited scope they have towards storytelling and well it all makes sense.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15384 on: June 22, 2018, 11:35:16 PM »
The first iron man is a work of art though.

I literally got goosecums when I saw him blow up that tank.

agrajag

« Reply #15385 on: June 22, 2018, 11:35:28 PM »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15386 on: June 22, 2018, 11:40:09 PM »
I mean I kinda agree with the Fox News guy thing. From what i've read and heard Charles Krauthammer actually was a bit of piece of shit. If Charles gave a shit how Liberals thought about him, he didn't show it in life, and to deny people the right to speak of how much they hated him is akin to denying him the legacy that as a political commentator he spent his whole life cultivating

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15387 on: June 22, 2018, 11:44:08 PM »
Plus he was another russian stooge.

at least kelly walked away when ailes faked his death.

benjipwns

« Reply #15388 on: June 22, 2018, 11:49:45 PM »
But honestly that's an insult of a 12 year old because even though I loved the old Batman movies as a 12 year old they weren't the movies really exciting my imagination and making a mark on what I view as art.

But then I see the discussion these people have and the limited scope they have towards storytelling and well it all makes sense.
I assume you mean the Tim Burton ones.

As regular readers know, I contend Batman Returns is not only easily the best live-action Batman film, but I could consider elevating it up a notch as an overall movie until I remember Burton's goofy stuff pervades as much of it as his good stuff (like his portrayal of Gotham), especially early and then the unfortunate insertion of those rocket wearing penguins into the otherwise brilliant full circle of all the parts ending with Bruce, Selina and Christopher Walken.

Plus, it got its toys pulled from McDonald's after people complained about how dark the film was (may have been code for "Catwoman's outfit")...also why it did poorly at the box office supposedly. (Though I also contend that the first film is much darker than people seem to remember, Nicholsen's Joker is seriously a true monster and psychopath. Forever would be remembered differently too if Tommy Lee Jones didn't try to out-ham Jim Carrey, a person whose buffoonery he did NOT condone.)

Nolan's films are comparatively pathetic in characterization to the point of them being nearly absent. In Burton's films and Forever there's a consistent theme of how these are all seriously broken people. Perhaps especially Bruce.

Obligatory, because this is just fucking amazing, and Snyder should have found a way to rip it off somehow:

TVC15

« Reply #15389 on: June 22, 2018, 11:50:14 PM »
RumpledForeskin

I think I banned him.

can you do that again?

No, no. In the past few days, I forgot who I was inside. My stated goal has always been to spread positivity and love, and to make people feel appreciated since nobody has ever done so for me. I’m sorry I was a jerk, Cauliflower. I will try my best to cease dickishness. I just want you to also focus on self-improvement.
serge

Tasty

« Reply #15390 on: June 22, 2018, 11:50:23 PM »
Don't make me do something all of us will regret...

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15391 on: June 22, 2018, 11:50:24 PM »
Everyone remember this thread when a big liberal voice dies and the conservatives say "good riddance" or I'm glad they're dead.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/9602378/

neogaf got boring.

Tasty

« Reply #15392 on: June 22, 2018, 11:52:07 PM »
Everyone remember this thread when a big liberal voice dies and the conservatives say "good riddance" or I'm glad they're dead.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/9602378/

neogaf got boring.
fuk u

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15393 on: June 22, 2018, 11:56:20 PM »
god damnit, I don't know how I'm gonna do all these likes tomorrow.

benjipwns

« Reply #15394 on: June 22, 2018, 11:59:54 PM »
I think one thing that often gets overlooked regarding why people actually liked Batfleck, after the huge doubts like faced Keaton, is that he's the only one in the theatrical versions of Snyder's films (and most modern superhero movies save some mentioned like GOTG, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and the first Iron Man) to have anything resembling an actual character arc for anybody! He's shattered and going through the motions of his unending brutal crusade of suffering to the point to where, as Alfred points out, he essentially chooses to attempt suicide by Superman.

Thankfully, their moms had the same first name though.

Bless up.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15395 on: June 23, 2018, 12:01:06 AM »
I liked batfleck because he actually jumped around, unlike stupid fucking bale's thing outside the first intro scene.

benjipwns

« Reply #15396 on: June 23, 2018, 12:02:24 AM »
Yes, that was the other part.

*insert gif of that guy who randomly falls down in TDKR*

agrajag

« Reply #15397 on: June 23, 2018, 12:03:22 AM »
I haven't seen any Batflek films.

Benji's right, Forever is underrated

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15398 on: June 23, 2018, 12:08:31 AM »
Yes, that was the other part.

*insert gif of that guy who randomly falls down in TDKR*

no way bro, he got shot by the other guys gun going off!

benjipwns

« Reply #15399 on: June 23, 2018, 12:09:41 AM »
Kilmer was good too, but the production was too caught up in what toys they could get out of it, and it also got hacked to death and apparently Schumaker had to talk to all the leads through assistants or whatever:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_Forever#Deleted_scenes
Batman Forever went through a few major edits before its release. Originally darker than the final product, the movie's original length was closer to 2 hours and 40 minutes according to director Joel Schumacher.
There was an undercurrent theme involving Bruce having repressed memories of an aspect of his parents' death that he hadn't faced which was finding his father's diary on the night of his parents' wake and reading that Bruce insisted his parents go to the theater so he could watch one of the shows, meaning the reason he became Batman was out of the guilt that he was responsible for their deaths.

But at least we got this out of it:
Schumacher had problems filming with Kilmer, whom he described as "childish and impossible", reporting that he fought with various crewmen, and refused to speak to Schumacher during two weeks after the director told him to stop behaving in a rude way.[30] Schumacher also mentioned Tommy Lee Jones as a source of trouble: "Jim Carrey was a gentleman, and Tommy Lee was threatened by him. I'm tired of defending overpaid, overprivileged actors. I pray I don't work with them again."[31] Carrey later acknowledged Jones was not friendly to him, telling him once off-set during the production, "I hate you. I really don't like you ... I cannot sanction your buffoonery."

benjipwns

« Reply #15400 on: June 23, 2018, 12:26:13 AM »
fucking trailer recuts man :lawd

this one is fun since Burton would've had Billy Dee and Robin Williams in his:
[close]

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15401 on: June 23, 2018, 12:26:29 AM »
RumpledForeskin

I think I banned him.

can you do that again?

No, no. In the past few days, I forgot who I was inside. My stated goal has always been to spread positivity and love, and to make people feel appreciated since nobody has ever done so for me. I’m sorry I was a jerk, Cauliflower. I will try my best to cease dickishness. I just want you to also focus on self-improvement.
::)

benjipwns

« Reply #15402 on: June 23, 2018, 12:26:47 AM »
super obligatory since i mentioned trailer recuts

TVC15

« Reply #15403 on: June 23, 2018, 12:29:45 AM »
RumpledForeskin

I think I banned him.

can you do that again?

::)

I’ll be here for you too, my prodigal son. You are loved.
serge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #15404 on: June 23, 2018, 12:31:13 AM »
Colour me skeptical. Shockingly, all films would be masterpieces if only X didn't force Y to leave all good bits on the cutting floor / in the original script, according to Y. And I say that as someone who'll at least credit the two Schumacher films with some small nudges of appreciation (some of the sets are pretty good, in a grotesquely neon and bombastic reimagining of the Burton style through the TV series filter).

Batman & Robin is a total trainwreck but honestly I now find it more endearing for just how goofy it is.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #15405 on: June 23, 2018, 12:31:37 AM »
oh god i forgot this one:

the fucking Train song :dead

Тамара Баранова
3 months ago
Hey Guys, do you want the entire movie? Visit Google and type: "CineHub4U" you can enjoy the complete movie immediately.
Виктория Кохан
3 months ago
honestly worked.

Марина Рябова
3 months ago
the survey was really simple.

Тамара Цветкова
3 months ago
Amazing   Definitely worked well

Тамара Цветкова
3 months ago
actually genius. fantastic method

Святослава Николаева
3 months ago
actually genius. super trick

Милена Матвеева
3 months ago
Amazing   Eventually worked well

Kevin Ryan
3 months ago
Surprise   Eventually worked well

Екатерина Матвеева
2 months ago
Good.. It helped everyone..
[close]

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #15406 on: June 23, 2018, 12:33:51 AM »
The 1966 movie is kind of the best one, obviously.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #15407 on: June 23, 2018, 12:34:55 AM »
oh god i forgot this one:

the fucking Train song :dead

Тамара Баранова
3 months ago
Hey Guys, do you want the entire movie? Visit Google and type: "CineHub4U" you can enjoy the complete movie immediately.
Виктория Кохан
3 months ago
honestly worked.

Марина Рябова
3 months ago
the survey was really simple.

Тамара Цветкова
3 months ago
Amazing   Definitely worked well

Тамара Цветкова
3 months ago
actually genius. fantastic method

Святослава Николаева
3 months ago
actually genius. super trick

Милена Матвеева
3 months ago
Amazing   Eventually worked well

Kevin Ryan
3 months ago
Surprise   Eventually worked well

Екатерина Матвеева
2 months ago
Good.. It helped everyone..
[close]

Fifty Shades Darker HD Full Movie *shady link*
ὕβρις

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #15408 on: June 23, 2018, 12:35:46 AM »
Dammit, someone throw a fucking chair in that Krauthammer thread.  This is so boring.  Even Enzom lost his balls.  It is funny how often ERA paints the right as Jew haters or tries to use that as a "Nazi Gotcha", all the while there is an uncomfortable undercurrent of anti-semitism on the board.

Anyway, the man was my go to conservative after Christopher Hitchens died and only his global warming denial really irked me.  I guess all I have left is David Brooks columns and let's face it, he's more soy boy than MRA.
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #15409 on: June 23, 2018, 12:38:22 AM »
Colour me skeptical. Shockingly, all films would be masterpieces if only X didn't force Y to leave all good bits on the cutting floor / in the original script, according to Y. And I say that as someone who'll at least credit the two Schumacher films with some small nudges of appreciation (some of the sets are pretty good, in a grotesquely neon and bombastic reimagining of the Burton style through the TV series filter).

Batman & Robin is a total trainwreck but honestly I now find it more endearing for just how goofy it is.
Yeah and Schumacher has always been a total bullshitter about that type of thing, but iirc in recent years he actually finally admitted that B&R was a complete shit show and he had basically given up after the promises he got that were all broken by the studio on Forever so was just going through the motions for the paycheck, I saw a clip of some interview where he was laughing about Clooney's remark that he had played Batman/Bruce as gay and that he could totally see it. I want to say he apologizes for the movie at the end of the Directors Commentary they finally let him do on the one release.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15410 on: June 23, 2018, 12:39:48 AM »
Dammit, someone throw a fucking chair in that Krauthammer thread.  This is so boring.  Even Enzom lost his balls.  It is funny how often ERA paints the right as Jew haters or tries to use that as a "Nazi Gotcha", all the while there is an uncomfortable undercurrent of anti-semitism on the board.

Anyway, the man was my go to conservative after Christopher Hitchens died and only his global warming denial really irked me.  I guess all I have left is David Brooks columns and let's face it, he's more soy boy than MRA.

what the fuck is this post did you mean to post this on neogaf?

benjipwns

« Reply #15411 on: June 23, 2018, 12:44:31 AM »
The 1966 movie is kind of the best one, obviously.
films ending is way too dark for me, especially the part where they deliberately mixed all the dehydrated world leaders up and then just leave out the window

talk about batman crossing a line, way worse than having guns on the batmobile imo

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #15412 on: June 23, 2018, 12:46:41 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-panther-ranked-as-best-movie-of-all-time-by-rotten-tomatoes.24696/page-13#post-4774804

Is there even a top 1000 film list? It's normally a top 100 right?

But yeah, a few Marvel films would go into a top 1000 films of all time list if there was such a thing.

:confused
I don't think this guy has a good grasp of the scale of movie history.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #15413 on: June 23, 2018, 12:51:07 AM »
I'm leaving the thread. The gatekeeping here is real.

How dare you this film directed by a black man and with a black cast get to insane record breaking box office numbers and get this kind of critical acclaim, am I right? It is what it is. I'm sure that there are those that want "real cinema" prestiged, but what I'm mostly seeing here is people that are truly pissed because their fav got dethroned. And that's not the way this works.

:girlaff :crowdlaff

That was also the guy who got ridiculously heated over Brand New / Taking Back Sunday back at the start of Era, right ?
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #15414 on: June 23, 2018, 01:03:13 AM »
imdb's always had a top 250: https://www.imdb.com/chart/top-english-movies
   4. The Dark Knight (2008)
   9. Fight Club (1999)
   13. Inception (2010)
   17. Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
   18. The Matrix (1999)
   27. Interstellar (2014)
   29. American History X (1998)
   55. The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
   61. Braveheart (1995)
   93. Batman Begins (2005)
   116. V for Vendetta (2005)
   158. Logan (2017)
   185. Donnie Darko (2001)
   196. Deadpool 2 (2018)
   203. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
   208. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
   226. Sin City (2005)
   227. The Avengers (2012)
:bolo

166. Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

yet no Disney's Marvel's Black Panther :thinking fucking white people

Rahxephon91

« Reply #15415 on: June 23, 2018, 01:06:02 AM »
Mad Max does not deserve to be that low on anything.

benjipwns

« Reply #15416 on: June 23, 2018, 01:06:08 AM »
https://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom

lol at how many of these i've seen thanks to MST3K (i'm going to assume that also plays a large role in why they have enough votes to make the list)

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #15417 on: June 23, 2018, 01:07:49 AM »
Krauthammer heating up. 

ArrogantBastard called Enzom antagonistic and Enzom says he doesn't care about anti-black racism.

But get this, ArrogantBastard has a rep of correct thinking on race issues.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fox-news%E2%80%99-charles-krauthammer-says-he-is-losing-his-cancer-battle-up-passed-away.47715/page-8#post-9603911

Oooooh, who is gonna get actioned?!
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #15418 on: June 23, 2018, 01:09:52 AM »
Black Panther (2018)           7.5
I DEMAND A SPECIAL COUNSEL INVESTIGATION

benjipwns

« Reply #15419 on: June 23, 2018, 01:13:58 AM »
more importantly, Enzom dodges this question:
Quote from: Enzom21
Are you russian?
Oh so you can actually see my posts. What idiotic point are you attempting to make here?