Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5901233 times)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| ERA? I don't know her.
« Reply #38760 on: October 10, 2018, 07:17:32 AM »
So to recap:

1. Don't buy homeless people food.
2. Don't give homeless people money
3. Give heroin to homeless people.
4. Ask them about their story (but still don't give them anything)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| ERA? I don't know her.
« Reply #38761 on: October 10, 2018, 08:15:22 AM »
you need to at least get a homeless persons twitter handle so that you can check their timeline to see if they ever said anything problematic or as a joke at some point in their life that makes being a social pariah with no job what they deserve

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38762 on: October 10, 2018, 08:20:06 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lol-jet-set-radio-is-terrible-gameplay-wise.18565/page-7

Quote from: Asbsand, post: 13641118, member: 27565
Roses are rerrible
and Jet Set Radio is Terrible

Hahah! Take that you olders!

:whatisthis
ど助平

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38763 on: October 10, 2018, 08:27:57 AM »
That's a terrible haiku
Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38764 on: October 10, 2018, 08:38:30 AM »
POST THE FUCKING URL :punch

https://www.resetera.com/threads/known-mess-azalea-banks-picks-the-wrong-white-girl-lana-del-rey-did-not-come-to-play.73882/

So, why is what Lana replied to Banks 'savage'? Is this what passes for beef in hip hop now?

Everything about that OP, from the thread title, to the avatar, makes me go :confused

ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #38765 on: October 10, 2018, 08:52:40 AM »
Will Gunn get fired again? How many Gunns have to be recklessly fired before Congress passes some dang Gunn control

boooo

hisssss

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #38766 on: October 10, 2018, 08:55:48 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lol-jet-set-radio-is-terrible-gameplay-wise.18565/page-7

Roses are rerrible

JSRF is better tbh

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38767 on: October 10, 2018, 08:56:32 AM »

Roses are rerrible

JSRF is better tbh

Who cares; it's the awful post that was being highlighted.  :doge
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also U WRONG

spoiler (click to show/hide)
NO RLY U WRONG
[close]
[close]

ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #38768 on: October 10, 2018, 08:57:43 AM »
:trumps

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38769 on: October 10, 2018, 09:02:30 AM »
Of all the things to not a post a link to, that's the one that I would been ok with not reading.

#changeyourmods

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38770 on: October 10, 2018, 09:03:56 AM »

get em

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38772 on: October 10, 2018, 09:08:01 AM »
bikejesus posted it already,

or does bore discriminate and ignore against juniors too?

for shame bigot bork!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38773 on: October 10, 2018, 09:17:59 AM »
bikejesus posted it already,

or does bore discriminate and ignore against juniors too?

for shame bigot bork!

How many posts up was that?  Other shit was posted after!
 :cmonson :stop :insane :morans :trigger
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38774 on: October 10, 2018, 09:19:42 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/whats-the-best-way-to-read-wolverine-comics.1466700/

Quote from: RoyBrown7777, post: 253499619, member: 745703
With your eyes. Or braille if you like hard made.
:rimshot
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #38775 on: October 10, 2018, 09:21:09 AM »
was tesseract already banned on resetti? :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38776 on: October 10, 2018, 09:35:16 AM »
was tesseract already banned on resetti? :lol

Perm'd.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cbp-released-photos-of-texas-facility-where-children-separated-from-parents-are-housed-in-cages.49780/page-5#post-9384884
User Banned (Permanent): Long history of trolling political threads.
Quote from: Tesseract, post: 9384884, member: 32531
has obama not commented, not even a tweet? feel like he's kinda complicit if he's silent

No idea who this poster is!
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38777 on: October 10, 2018, 09:36:09 AM »
I have a profile-picture of my face (for accountability). I wish more people did the same; or felt the same.

:heh

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #38778 on: October 10, 2018, 09:36:09 AM »
 :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38779 on: October 10, 2018, 09:37:59 AM »
I have a profile-picture of my face (for accountability). I wish more people did the same; or felt the same.

:heh
ど助平

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38780 on: October 10, 2018, 09:38:28 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-ign-objectifying-women.73960/

:noooo won't somebody please protect this woman? Surely she has no choice in how she presents herself

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38781 on: October 10, 2018, 09:39:38 AM »
benji no!

wait

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #38782 on: October 10, 2018, 09:44:09 AM »
Surely she has no choice in how she presents herself

:journo

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38783 on: October 10, 2018, 09:56:25 AM »
Yup and it's fucking disgusting. Sex has no place in the Video Games Industry. Sex is being used to turn women into objects. Even if she agrees it's still wrong because, sh'es been brain washed into thinking this shit is acceptable.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13644471

Why can't the mods figure out that Alimnassor is a troll?

Propagandhim

« Reply #38784 on: October 10, 2018, 10:05:27 AM »
Brain washing is a strong, loaded term. I meant society has convinced her this is acceptable.

Men to the rescue!

jorma

« Reply #38785 on: October 10, 2018, 10:28:57 AM »
Oh... so they're all just white knights!

For a while, I thought they felt that women were able to make their own decisions, even if it doesn't line up with their beliefs, and accept them.

You need to shut up and listen to women.
No, not those women - fuck those bitches. You need to listen to these women.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #38786 on: October 10, 2018, 10:52:21 AM »

:noooo won't somebody please protect this woman? Surely she has no choice in how she presents herself

Where is the line between objectification and slut shaming drawn

Propagandhim

« Reply #38787 on: October 10, 2018, 11:21:46 AM »

Where is the line between objectification and slut shaming drawn

I want to see the cross-section of users that still whine about Chobot and that fucking PSP 15 years later and those with an encyclopedic knowledge of Mia Malkova's work.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38788 on: October 10, 2018, 11:52:55 AM »

OMG IGN IS OBJECTIFYING MEN TOO!!!

:rage
ど助平

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #38789 on: October 10, 2018, 12:23:54 PM »
Women aren't allowed to have agency over their bodies if it makes a male peen even remotely twitch.

DISGUSTING WHORES!

-Ree, probably

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy

Propagandhim

« Reply #38791 on: October 10, 2018, 12:49:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/netflix-casts-ciri-and-yennefer.73984/#post-13649691

Lol no PoC Ciri? Fuck off.

I was under the impression that they already casted Ciri as a PoC.  You mean people were whining about auditions for Ciri simply being open to PoC?  That's fucking stupid.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #38792 on: October 10, 2018, 12:58:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/netflix-casts-ciri-and-yennefer.73984/#post-13649691

I was under the impression that they already casted Ciri as a PoC.  You mean people were whining about auditions for Ciri simply being open to PoC?  That's fucking stupid.

I don't even think it was that specific to the Ciri character. I thought it was just a casting call for teenaged PoC, and people just assumed it was for the Ciri part.

Propagandhim

« Reply #38793 on: October 10, 2018, 01:00:53 PM »

I don't even think it was that specific to the Ciri character. I thought it was just a casting call for teenaged PoC, and people just assumed it was for the Ciri part.

Oh brother

stufte

« Reply #38794 on: October 10, 2018, 01:11:52 PM »
Completely unsubstantiated rumor that a white character would be played by a PoC: "LOL CRY MOAR WHITE TEARS U MANCHILDREN"

White character confirmed to be played by a white actress: "THIS IS AN OUTRAGE, HOW DARE YOU"

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38795 on: October 10, 2018, 01:18:38 PM »
Today I found out Five Guys uses KRAFT Cheese.

:gddr5

stufte

« Reply #38796 on: October 10, 2018, 01:20:56 PM »

Cauliflower Of Love is a cunt who doesn't link to his/her/their posts

stufte

« Reply #38797 on: October 10, 2018, 01:22:35 PM »
Pretty sad that Idris Elba wasn't cast as Ciri. Way to go Mayowood.

Boredfrom

« Reply #38798 on: October 10, 2018, 01:26:00 PM »
Idris Elba as Geralt would be cool even if it makes no sense given the character and the backstory.

thetylerrob

« Reply #38799 on: October 10, 2018, 01:35:46 PM »
Idris Elba in whiteface with yellow cat eyes  :ohyeah

thetylerrob

« Reply #38800 on: October 10, 2018, 01:50:13 PM »
The extra privilege makes white people the only believable horror movie protagonists though.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38801 on: October 10, 2018, 01:59:10 PM »

The specific casting call was only for PoC so people assumed they were determined to cast someone non-white. True though that people jumped the gun over a mere rumor.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38802 on: October 10, 2018, 01:59:49 PM »
Quote from: stufte date=1539192056

who said this?!

stufte

« Reply #38803 on: October 10, 2018, 01:59:59 PM »
I'm honestly just tired of seeing white people in everything. Especially horror movies. White people are fucking dumb in horror movies.

If people are being overly stupid in horror movies, then it's not a good horror movie.

stufte

« Reply #38804 on: October 10, 2018, 02:00:45 PM »
Quote from: stufte date=1539192056

who said this?!

dunno, too lazy to find/post the link.  :yeshrug

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #38805 on: October 10, 2018, 02:00:47 PM »
of course cauliflower would let that joke go right over his head :lol
每天生气

stufte

« Reply #38806 on: October 10, 2018, 02:04:09 PM »
I'm honestly just tired of seeing white people in everything. Especially horror movies. White people are fucking dumb in horror movies.

If people are being overly stupid in horror movies, then it's not a good horror movie.

That's the case for 98% of horror movies.

Well obviously 98% of horror movies are trash.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38807 on: October 10, 2018, 02:15:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-ign-objectifying-women.73960/page-8#post-13655390

Quote from: KALOSMANI, post: 13654037, member: 26941
Quote from: John Kowalski, post: 13653913, member: 13173
Objectification, being a kind of dehumanization, is a personal and social health risk. Objectification has measurable negative impact on the mental health of people. She can be ok with it. That's her. Doesn't make it any less of a concern, because it still has negative impact on potential viewers, especially women.
Well sorry to tell you but that's just how the world works

People are free to click on a different thumbnail. GameSpot have less of this stuff so why not go to GameSpot if you feel this is something you don't like. You have a ton of variety of content these days it's all down to the users. If IGN want to make money and feel secs sells that's on them. If you don't like it click on another YoutUbe channel

Quote from: KALOSMANI, post: 13655280, member: 26941
Again I'm asking where did I say it's okay for women to be sexually assaulted.

Please quote me where I was sexist?

Basically what happened was you wanted to hear something different and you were trigger happy to call someone sexist too soon. So take your own advice and post respectfully.
Quote from: Dice, post: 13655390, member: 2688
So tell me, if someone grabbed your wife's ass in public would you tell her "well babe, you looked great and that's just how the world works"?
Quote from: Dice, post: 13655469, member: 2688
I'm expanding the topic.  You talked about thumbnails, which fine, can be innocuous, but I'm changing the scenario where women are taken advantage of in the real world, where "it's just how the world works" in another instance.

If women are constantly put on a pedestal for their appearance, then this is where it leads.  Not all people can divorce what they see with how they act in the real world; and in the real world sexualized imagery does start to invite real consequence
:mindblown
ど助平

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38808 on: October 10, 2018, 02:29:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-ign-objectifying-women.73960/page-8#post-13655390
Quote from: Dice, post: 13655469, member: 2688
I'm expanding the topic.  You talked about thumbnails, which fine, can be innocuous, but I'm changing the scenario where women are taken advantage of in the real world, where "it's just how the world works" in another instance.

If women are constantly put on a pedestal for their appearance, then this is where it leads.  Not all people can divorce what they see with how they act in the real world; and in the real world sexualized imagery does start to invite real consequence
:mindblown

"Pray that I'm not expanding the topic any further"

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38809 on: October 10, 2018, 02:30:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-ign-objectifying-women.73960/page-9
Quote from: John Kowalski, post: 13655516, member: 13173
Quote from: KALOSMANI, post: 13655011, member: 26941
I like attractive females in some of the movies I watch. I'm not gonna lie. Hell I know some women eat h a movie because Brad Pitt is in it as he is good looking.

I'm married
I haven't sexually abused a women
I haven't been sexist to anyone
I have female co workers and they seem to like me

So where does that leave me because I enjoyed a attractive female on a form of media does that mean I'm due to sexually assauly a girl soon?
Sorry, i don't really care about solving this for you. And if the only way you can think of this is to somehow think that i'm arguing that you specifically will sexually assault a woman (good use of "girl", very subtle) then i should care even less really. But since you've gone for such candidness, let me return the favour. I don't believe you've never been sexist, and take you saying it as further evidence of what is either wilful ignorance or spineless naivety.
Quote from: KALOSMANI, post: 13655754, member: 26941
This his h8larious now are you acusing me being a pedo cause i used the word girl.

Damn some of the posters in here are something else lol
:neogaf

---

Quote from: Dice, post: 13655390, member: 2688
So tell me, if someone grabbed your wife's ass in public would you tell her "well babe, you looked great and that's just how the world works"?
Quote from: oledome, post: 13655532, member: 5557
You're describing sexual assault, a woman oogling over Brad Pitt is not, what's your point?
Quote from: Mr. Fantastic, post: 13655575, member: 42716
I swear some people on ERA would see models go out of business.
:obama
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #38810 on: October 10, 2018, 02:33:14 PM »
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1049741047235059712
Is it set in the DCEU? Is it set in a new DCEU? Is the OG Suicide Squad train still going to keep running with Harley & Joker?  Who the fucks knows.
So to recap:

1. David Ayer is hired to write and direct a dark, gritty Suicide Squad film.
2. The trailer company cuts it together comedically with "Bohemian Rhapsody" and another trailer continues this vibe.
3. Warner tries to desperately edit the film to match the trailers. Only they can't because nobody bothered to shoot anything for that. This ultimately results in The Joker being almost entirely cut out of the movie.
4. Film still makes $750 million.
5. Ayer is shoved off to go do Gotham City Sirens (with Leto), while Warner also considers a sequel (with Leto), another Joker film (Phoenix's project), and a Joker and Harley film (with Leto) all of which may exist separately from each other and the DCEU in canon.
6. Justice League destroys the DCEU.
7. James Gunn is fired from his comedic misfit group comic film because cybernazis.
8. Warner hires him to make the Suicide Squad movie they didn't know they wanted until that trailer took off. Fires Ayer and probably will also fire Leto and everyone else who isn't Margot Robbie, including Will Smith.

obviously we just need Warner to schedule it against Guardians 3 to complete the cycle

9. James Gunn releases the Snyder cut.
©@©™

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38811 on: October 10, 2018, 02:37:12 PM »
t applies to everyone. All the women comfy with their bodies and dressing to highlight their sexuality should be aware of this.

Body and sex positivity is great, but this is about more than the individuals. Until we reach a point where women are not treated as sexual objects in the ingrained sexist ways they are, we all need to be aware of how our actions can contribute to the perpetuation of these things.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13656706/

is this woke sexism?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38812 on: October 10, 2018, 02:39:36 PM »
t applies to everyone. All the women comfy with their bodies and dressing to highlight their sexuality should be aware of this.

Body and sex positivity is great, but this is about more than the individuals. Until we reach a point where women are not treated as sexual objects in the ingrained sexist ways they are, we all need to be aware of how our actions can contribute to the perpetuation of these things.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13656706/

is this woke sexism?

Quote from: oledome, post: 13656917, member: 5557
Quote from: astro, post: 13656706, member: 3591
It applies to everyone. All the women comfy with their bodies and dressing to highlight their sexuality should be aware of this.

And I hope all the women in your life get the sit-down chat with you soon.
:neogaf
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38813 on: October 10, 2018, 02:42:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-ign-objectifying-women.73960/page-10#post-13656539
Quote from: Surfinn, post: 13657149, member: 1199
Quote from: mute, post: 13657103, member: 7231
I forgot about the IGN Babes section lol.
Yep, I remember this. Hasn't quite aged well has it, lol
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38814 on: October 10, 2018, 02:43:16 PM »
REEEE in a nutshell.

:donot :exxy :gamergate
🤴

stufte

« Reply #38815 on: October 10, 2018, 02:43:37 PM »
I feel like that ign thread could be turned into a game of "Islamist or Woke Gamer".

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38816 on: October 10, 2018, 02:46:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-ign-objectifying-women.73960/page-9#post-13655726
Quote from: Dizagaox, post: 13655726, member: 40400
Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves, it's as simple as that.

Sydney wasn't just hired based on her looks. She is a gamer that built a core fanbase over at Buzzfeed with her videos there, and was poached by IGN to take over producing Daily Fix as well as host it. I'm familiar with her enough to say she'd tell some of you to go fuck yourselves for suggesting she has no actual gaming knowledge, no production knowledge, no say in the show, no skills in Photoshop to do her own thumbnails for her own videos, and also for deciding what she should do with her body and appearance on the show she produces.

This thread should be locked. It's facilitating the type of sexist crap that belongs on KotakuInAction.
Quote from: AstralTurfWarrior, post: 13656729, member: 14472
Do you have any links pointing out that she's the producer? I honestly have no clue, and I believe you, but I think it would do good for the thread to have some well sourced information on it.
Quote from: Audioboxer, post: 13657113, member: 888
(Image removed from quote.)

"I believe you, but"
 :hitler
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #38817 on: October 10, 2018, 02:46:35 PM »
I don't think you have to be Hermann Rorschach to say that if you see this picture:

and describe it as
suggestive as fuck, it looks like a man's arm holding the back of her head and her looking up at him and smiling

that maybe you're projecting something about your own inner world

stufte

« Reply #38818 on: October 10, 2018, 02:47:59 PM »
So, what I'm assuming, is that seeing women in "seductive" images, makes them feel guilty for feeling something, because somehow some women and feminist men told them that they shouldn't feel those things.

So the entire thing is about them. They couldn't give less of a fuck about women.

ding ding ding.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38819 on: October 10, 2018, 02:48:37 PM »
I don't think you have to be Hermann Rorschach to say that if you see this picture:
and describe it as
suggestive as fuck, it looks like a man's arm holding the back of her head and her looking up at him and smiling

that maybe you're projecting something about your own inner world

Wow she might as well do the Hitler salute if she's pandering to the alt right like this.

Also where's the console diversity. I only see an Xbox controller. Doesn't she know that Nintendo Switch has a Pro Controller as well?
Showing off with an Xbox controller... she might as well wear a MAGA hat and a tiki torch and piss in the faces of all those wronged by American Imperialism

White trash scum
🤴