Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5902606 times)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| ERA? I don't know her.
« Reply #38700 on: October 09, 2018, 01:53:45 PM »
Quote from: args, post: 13589335, member: 22296
yea i don't get people who guzzle soft drinks all day. gross and stupid

Quote from: Mintaro, post: 13589346, member: 46208
Soda is a crime against humanity. Peope who drink that stuff when water is available are psychopaths.

:lol :lol :lol

What is it about soda that does this to people.  A 140 calorie can of soda is like kryptonite to the internet.   It's like these people know that they can't control themselves and would drink 8 a day if they didn't swear it off as poison.

My one and only ban on GAF was telling some dude to fuck off for telling me I was a shitty parent because I let my kids eat McDonald’s once a week.

People on the internet are right assholes about other people’s eating habits.

#NoRAGRETS

You let your kids eat McDonald's?

WOW.

MODS HALP.

Anti-Monitor

Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| ERA? I don't know her.
« Reply #38701 on: October 09, 2018, 02:22:38 PM »
To be fair, Burger King > McDonald's
FITE ME

BisMarckie

« Reply #38702 on: October 09, 2018, 02:24:29 PM »
I am pretty sure promoting non-YUM! Brands restaurants is against the terms of service and bannable. :ufup

Jansen

« Reply #38703 on: October 09, 2018, 02:33:38 PM »
Lmao over the tears that ms is aquiring obsidian

kingv

« Reply #38704 on: October 09, 2018, 02:35:13 PM »
It’s only bad because MS is terrible at supporting their studios.

They have historically been like a worse EA.

That said, they have bought some solid ones lately so maybe they are actually serious about first party now?

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #38706 on: October 09, 2018, 02:43:33 PM »
I am pretty sure promoting non-YUM! Brands restaurants is against the terms of service and bannable. :ufup

Only Taco Bell. benji follows an incorrect line with regard to promoted Bore brands.

Jansen

« Reply #38707 on: October 09, 2018, 02:48:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13613774/

Quote from: nopattern, post: 13613774, member: 34322
stop the self righteous BS. 'I can't in good conscience give them money' PLEASE

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38708 on: October 09, 2018, 02:48:35 PM »
REEE is about to blow up. James Gunn is going to do Suicide Squad for DC/Warner.
🤴

kingv

« Reply #38710 on: October 09, 2018, 03:04:51 PM »
Yo, suicide squad with James Gunn could be pretty fucking good!

Propagandhim

« Reply #38711 on: October 09, 2018, 03:09:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/meta-analysis-violent-video-game-play-associated-with-increased-physical-aggressive-behavior.73759/

Jack Thompson redeemed :rejoice

This is brilliant.  The only way the fish will bite on one of these videogame/violence studies is if you claim whites are the most affected by aggression relative to several other ethnicities.  These researchers figured it out.   

BisMarckie

« Reply #38712 on: October 09, 2018, 03:11:59 PM »

Only Taco Bell. benji follows an incorrect line with regard to promoted Bore brands.

The Bore's own Tito-Stalin split :rejoice

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #38713 on: October 09, 2018, 03:17:21 PM »

It's more a Tito-Michael split.
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #38714 on: October 09, 2018, 03:29:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13613774/

Quote from: nopattern, post: 13613774, member: 34322
stop the self righteous BS. 'I can't in good conscience give them money' PLEASE

what a dumb thread made dumber by the dumb mods with their dumb title change.

dummies

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #38715 on: October 09, 2018, 03:32:55 PM »

It's more a Tito-Michael split.

Taco Bell is a brand about living más (Michael). Pizza Hut is a brand about living on vague association with something better (Tito). Checks out.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #38716 on: October 09, 2018, 03:46:59 PM »
REEE is about to blow up. James Gunn is going to do Suicide Squad for DC/Warner.

Gawd that thread is embarrassing already.

“Disney lost!”
“Greatest mistake ever!”

Yes, this one director lost is going to crumble EVERYTHING Marvel has built. It’s a good get for DC, and I’d be somewhat interested in seeing it, but get the fuck over yourselves. Would love to see it be worse than the first SS if... that... were metaphysically possible. It was one dogshit of a movie.

nudemacusers

« Reply #38717 on: October 09, 2018, 03:55:08 PM »
Disney was pretty stupid tbh. Plus Gunn has a good handle on mining pop nostalgia in a vibrant edgy way vs ayer’s tattoo cholo fetish.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #38718 on: October 09, 2018, 03:55:46 PM »
poor james gunn is now just gonna be "funny superhero director man" for the rest of his life :-\

nudemacusers

« Reply #38719 on: October 09, 2018, 03:59:04 PM »
Well at least he’ll have the troma stink off him.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

HaughtyFrank

Propagandhim

« Reply #38721 on: October 09, 2018, 04:15:32 PM »
Astro Bot on PSVR proves the contrary. Do you remember the time you first played Mario 64 when you were a kid in the 90s? Do you remember that sentiment of awe you had when you placed the controller in your hand, pressed the joystick and had Mario moving exactly the way you wanted? Do you remember that euphoria you felt when jumping in a painting for the first time, seeing the ripples deforming it? Do you remember what gaming meant to you as a kid? Do you remember jumping on the big X on the back of the final mob in the first level, grabbing that star, only to have Mario jumping back out of the painting and having to move on to the next "world"? Meanwhile, do you remember all the thoughts you had when you were a kid about what gaming would be later in your life?

That wasn't the game, that was being 11 years old, buddy.  AstroBot is not a time machine. 

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #38722 on: October 09, 2018, 04:19:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13617803/

Quote from: Patrick Klepek, post: 13617803, member: 881
I remain frustrated at how Disney handled this, but it's also EXTREMELY funny how it came to a conclusion.

:ufup

This post was a strategical error
spoiler (click to show/hide)
not in the strategy game sense…
[close]
Margs

Jansen

« Reply #38723 on: October 09, 2018, 04:23:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/buying-a-videogame-console-for-one-single-game-is-a-good-idea-astrobot-thread.73770/

This level of shilling is just fucking unreal

This has to be astroturfing. Just has to be

Yeah seems obvious but you'd get banned or warned for stating so in that thread.

Boredfrom

« Reply #38724 on: October 09, 2018, 04:33:28 PM »
Is funnier to me that Venom is doing well rather that Gunn going to DC. Probably because I didn’t dislike Suicide Squad and Venom is doing the same thing of “trashy and bad superhero film gets people excited” in the Sony side.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #38725 on: October 09, 2018, 04:47:56 PM »
The venom thread is great on era. There's like three or four people that are super salty about it being enjoyed that they just can't stop posting.

kingv

« Reply #38726 on: October 09, 2018, 05:00:07 PM »
Well at least he’ll have the troma stink off him.

In retrospect it’s pretty funny that people are shocked that the director for Tromeo and Juliet and Citizen Toxie made offensive tweets. Like those whole movies are basically just offensive tweets in movie form.

thetylerrob

« Reply #38727 on: October 09, 2018, 05:16:02 PM »
So in the same week both DC fans and Taylor Swift are no longer alt right nazis?  :batman

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38728 on: October 09, 2018, 05:43:59 PM »
Now watch James Gunn persuade Warner to sign the GoTG cast and do a find replace on his GOTG3 script.
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #38729 on: October 09, 2018, 05:54:10 PM »
I guess Millie Bobby Brown in the running for Harley Quinn?

She’s hot but a little old.
:jared

:heh :ohyeah

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #38730 on: October 09, 2018, 06:01:50 PM »
We live in the United States of Dunning-Kruger, a fetid field of “self-educated” dilettantes shrieking from sea to shining sea, addicted to confirmation bias and allergic to reading.

not everyone lives in the US OF DUNNING-KRUGER A :bobby ... stop forcing your Citizenship agency on me. I don't consent.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #38731 on: October 09, 2018, 06:16:02 PM »
instead of banning people, can we somehow force bobbsrobbs to post here?

If we do that, can we perma-ban you?
kiss kiss  :supergay
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 10:26:01 PM by filler »

FStop7

« Reply #38733 on: October 09, 2018, 06:23:36 PM »

I remain frustrated at how Disney handled this, but it's also EXTREMELY funny how it came to a conclusion.

[close]

I wonder if he added any pics of James Gunn to his creepshot archives

Shuri

« Reply #38734 on: October 09, 2018, 06:34:01 PM »

[close]

he still works at Vice despite knowing that dozens of employees came forward with stories of sexual harassment

https://www.narcity.com/news/dozens-of-female-vice-employees-are-coming-forward-with-terrifying-sexual-harassment-claims

I wonder if he added any pics of James Gunn to his creepshot archives

Shuri

« Reply #38735 on: October 09, 2018, 06:34:50 PM »

he still works at Vice despite knowing that dozens of employees came forward with stories of sexual harassment

https://www.narcity.com/news/dozens-of-female-vice-employees-are-coming-forward-with-terrifying-sexual-harassment-claims

Shuri

« Reply #38736 on: October 09, 2018, 06:35:28 PM »
edit: double posteru

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #38737 on: October 09, 2018, 06:56:40 PM »
Joker + Harley Quinn
Joker Movie
Suicide Squad Reboot

DCEU :rejoice

Gunn does what Whedon't: Revives the DCEU?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38738 on: October 09, 2018, 07:35:30 PM »
You know it took me this long to realize that resetera's liberals are angry that a Gunn was fired but now happy that the same Gunn is going to be used for Suicide  :ohhh
Uncle

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #38739 on: October 09, 2018, 07:39:03 PM »
They're now getting their panties in a twist over people making Bomba jokes for game sales.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-sale-41-99-amazon-44-99-xbl-digital.73725/

Is "bomba" in the title really necessary?
Nope. Not sure why people get some weird jollies doing stuff like this. You can call something a sale without the need to shout at the rooftops that it “failed”

No fun allowed on Era. No one should be offended by "Bomba". Come on. Just like people are suddenly offended by "moist."
There's nothing fun about mocking a game that supposedly has under-performed. Talented teams work on these games and their work is held to a certain standard set forth by the publisher and when it doesn't make it these teams can face repercussions. Lay offs and studio closures are rampant today.

Who cares? Lighten up man. This place is so devoid of humor.
If someone finds calling games “bombas” humorous then maybe they’re better off commenting on YouTube videos

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #38740 on: October 09, 2018, 07:45:46 PM »
Wario64 bomba
©@©™

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #38741 on: October 09, 2018, 08:14:12 PM »
Just want to point out the hypocrisy of people whining for years that MS has no devs and then they turn around and get mad that Obsidian's games won't be coming to PlayStation anymore.

paprikastaude

« Reply #38742 on: October 09, 2018, 08:35:24 PM »
Also people always cry for multiplat everything blabla anticonsumer (when it their main platform is being left out) but then concern troll/mock MS because they gave up exclusives. At the end of the day, it always comes back to fanboyism :doge
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 08:39:53 PM by Spieler1 »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38743 on: October 09, 2018, 08:45:39 PM »
If it happens I just hope they don't fuck anything up as far as their games coming to Steam or gog

Microsoft's attempt at a walled garden with UWP/Win 10 store is still utter shit

Couldn't care less about what platforms their games are on as long as they're not exclusively there

Uncle

Coffee Dog

« Reply #38744 on: October 09, 2018, 08:58:14 PM »
I backed both Pillars games and even I'm not dumb enough to think that they can penetrate the AAA mass market unless they make a Bioware style pivot. Every game of theirs is regarded as high quality for things that don't sell games, and their quality itself has been in question for like 5 years now.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38745 on: October 09, 2018, 08:58:49 PM »
You know it took me this long to realize that resetera's liberals are angry that a Gunn was fired but now happy that the same Gunn is going to be used for Suicide  :ohhh

I remember them screaming that the Nazis won. Turns out DC won

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #38746 on: October 09, 2018, 09:02:26 PM »

honestly same difference

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #38747 on: October 09, 2018, 09:23:18 PM »
I can understand why Era would be mad at "moist"  :dead

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #38748 on: October 09, 2018, 09:44:17 PM »

No fun allowed on Era. No one should be offended by "Bomba". Come on. Just like people are suddenly offended by "moist."
There's nothing fun about mocking a game that supposedly has under-performed. Talented teams work on these games and their work is held to a certain standard set forth by the publisher and when it doesn't make it these teams can face repercussions. Lay offs and studio closures are rampant today.

Unless it's something Ree doesn't like.. then, mock away!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38749 on: October 09, 2018, 10:09:07 PM »

It is a play on words my dude  :doge
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38750 on: October 09, 2018, 10:13:32 PM »
I can understand why Era would be mad at "moist"  :dead

It reminds them of the safe moist place they once came from

Also holy fuck that guy was actually prophetic, predicting PSVR and even Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes in 2010  :neo
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38751 on: October 09, 2018, 10:14:38 PM »

It is a play on words my dude  :doge

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #38752 on: October 10, 2018, 02:43:19 AM »
So what you're saying is that immediately after getting fired, James Gunn hops straight into bed with team alt-right/Russia (DC)? Hmm, maybe it was better that Disney fired him after all.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #38753 on: October 10, 2018, 03:21:20 AM »
Will Gunn get fired again? How many Gunns have to be recklessly fired before Congress passes some dang Gunn control

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #38754 on: October 10, 2018, 03:42:59 AM »
also interesting that this thread is filled with extremely ableist discriminatory language like calling people crazy psychos is acceptable on a board that supposedly aligns itself with social justice lol

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13635859

Enable Azalea Banks but get mad over Kayne craziness. 

That misandry slickness ain't slick at all.
sigh

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #38755 on: October 10, 2018, 03:43:54 AM »
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1049741047235059712
Is it set in the DCEU? Is it set in a new DCEU? Is the OG Suicide Squad train still going to keep running with Harley & Joker?  Who the fucks knows.
So to recap:

1. David Ayer is hired to write and direct a dark, gritty Suicide Squad film.
2. The trailer company cuts it together comedically with "Bohemian Rhapsody" and another trailer continues this vibe.
3. Warner tries to desperately edit the film to match the trailers. Only they can't because nobody bothered to shoot anything for that. This ultimately results in The Joker being almost entirely cut out of the movie.
4. Film still makes $750 million.
5. Ayer is shoved off to go do Gotham City Sirens (with Leto), while Warner also considers a sequel (with Leto), another Joker film (Phoenix's project), and a Joker and Harley film (with Leto) all of which may exist separately from each other and the DCEU in canon.
6. Justice League destroys the DCEU.
7. James Gunn is fired from his comedic misfit group comic film because cybernazis.
8. Warner hires him to make the Suicide Squad movie they didn't know they wanted until that trailer took off. Fires Ayer and probably will also fire Leto and everyone else who isn't Margot Robbie, including Will Smith.

obviously we just need Warner to schedule it against Guardians 3 to complete the cycle

BikeJesus

« Reply #38756 on: October 10, 2018, 03:47:26 AM »
lol ree gave me a perm for making the Trump rally thread. My previous warning threatened severe consequences for future infractions. I guess it is a good time to get out, considering the number of users calling for murder on their forum.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/trump-rally-in-topeka-kansas.73242/

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #38757 on: October 10, 2018, 04:33:51 AM »
lol ree gave me a perm for making the Trump rally thread. My previous warning threatened severe consequences for future infractions. I guess it is a good time to get out, considering the number of users calling for murder on their forum.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/trump-rally-in-topeka-kansas.73242/

It's strange how on a forum that makes a thread for every fart, both literal and mental Trump makes, they ban you for that. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 06:15:28 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #38758 on: October 10, 2018, 04:59:13 AM »
So to recap:

1. Don't buy homeless people food.
2. Don't give homeless people money
3. Give heroin to homeless people.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #38759 on: October 10, 2018, 06:57:49 AM »
It's really the only humane way to cull them.