Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5896152 times)

Himu

Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| ERA? I don't know her.
« Reply #39540 on: October 15, 2018, 04:09:26 PM »
I think the best answer would be a combination of factors: Asian culture and the media domination of white people. You could certainly have a debate over which factor is more important though.
IYKYK

jorma

Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| ERA? I don't know her.
« Reply #39541 on: October 15, 2018, 04:19:47 PM »
I think the best answer would be a combination of factors: Asian culture and the media domination of white people. You could certainly have a debate over which factor is more important though.

Come on now, "Asian" isn't a culture.
And you call yourself a weeb, like it isn't an insult.  :doge

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39542 on: October 15, 2018, 04:27:39 PM »
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #39543 on: October 15, 2018, 04:31:36 PM »

Asian isn’t a culture but one constant among various Asian cultures is colorism and valuing light colored skin because it’s a reflection of wealth. Darker skin usually means poverty because you’re working outside. This is true of many if not most Asian cultures. But here’s the thing, white people are generally lighter than a lot of Asian people.

This is why Asian culture is a contributing factor.
IYKYK

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #39544 on: October 15, 2018, 04:33:57 PM »

Asian isn’t a culture but one constant among various Asian cultures is colorism and valuing light colored skin because it’s a reflection of wealth. Darker skin usually means poverty because you’re working outside. This is true of many if not most Asian cultures. But here’s the thing, white people are generally lighter than a lot of Asian people.

Asians also value slaughtering female babies but then want to have sex with female adults.

Cant explain that
:O

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39545 on: October 15, 2018, 04:37:27 PM »

TBH historically that was a worldwide phenomenon, ideas like "bluebloods" because they were pale enough you could see their veins, not working outdoors so they're untanned

There's also a theory about rich people eating with silver utensils and plates getting argyria from all the silver
Uncle

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #39547 on: October 15, 2018, 04:43:57 PM »
Here's the thing. I've done several projects for several difference UC schools. You know what? Those Asian students are subsidizing your education because they'll gladly pay the out of state tuition and then some. So there's a reason that Asians have a disproportionate representation in the UC system. And without it, little blonde mommie's bigot there wouldn't be able to afford to go to her school so she could find a sugar daddy.  So maybe, you should shut your whore mouth.
que

Propagandhim

« Reply #39548 on: October 15, 2018, 04:45:02 PM »
Here's the thing. I've done several projects for several difference UC schools. You know what? Those Asian students are subsidizing your education because they'll gladly pay the out of state tuition and then some. So there's a reason that Asians have a disproportionate representation in the UC system. And without it, little blonde mommie's bigot there wouldn't be able to afford to go to her school so she could find a sugar daddy.  So maybe, you should shut your whore mouth.

This woman's like 73 years old now dude.

Propagandhim

« Reply #39549 on: October 15, 2018, 04:46:15 PM »
Best thing to come out of that UCLA video was this song

Jansen

« Reply #39550 on: October 15, 2018, 04:58:02 PM »
Woman fired after video of her blocking black man from entering his downtown loft goes viral

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13826886/

:heh

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #39551 on: October 15, 2018, 04:58:18 PM »

Not just UC, its everywhere.

Thats why colleges accept chinese kids that cant string a sentence together. Doesnt matter if they dont learn as long as those paychecks cash.

Of course Trump with his anti-immigrant shit has caused massive declines in foreign enrollment, hurting university budgets.

:O

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #39553 on: October 15, 2018, 05:29:32 PM »
Yikes

paprikastaude

« Reply #39554 on: October 15, 2018, 05:35:17 PM »
That Squadron game thread just got a spinoff, because someone really wanted to shame another poster for a Black Panther diss  :lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-issue-with-south-parks-satire-the-core-audience-often-misses-the-point.74993/

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #39555 on: October 15, 2018, 05:39:02 PM »
Best thing to come out of that UCLA video was this song

Nah, the taser incident is peak UCLA library.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #39556 on: October 15, 2018, 05:47:04 PM »
dog

nudemacusers

« Reply #39557 on: October 15, 2018, 06:08:09 PM »
Can we talk about the lack of Asian representation in thebore emotes
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39558 on: October 15, 2018, 06:16:03 PM »
Can we talk about the lack of Asian representation in thebore emotes

:miyamoto
Uncle

paprikastaude

« Reply #39559 on: October 15, 2018, 06:32:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rockstar-employees-were-working-100-hour-weeks-for-rdr-2.74873/page-34
Quote from: Patriot Infinity, post: 13831621, member: 29680
If it’s so shitty then why don’t the employees themselves go to these gaming journo’s and (anonymously) speak out against the horrible working conditions at R*?

It's as if fanboys with a microphone aren't real journalists and we should stop calling them that.

Boredfrom

« Reply #39560 on: October 15, 2018, 06:38:38 PM »
With great power, comes great responsibility. As people of this country and members of society, one should learn that at times it's more important to realize when to pull back than to just bang your drum simply because you can. And that line between when it's ok to push the line and when personal judgement should come into play lies well before it starts getting into affecting geopolitics.

Society agrees. It's the same reason we have tons, and tons of laws about what can and cannot be shown to children, like advertising. Because we recognize that children are gullible idiots and sometimes it's not wise to brainwash people just because you can.

Says the guy with a Sonic avatar

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13832562/

Also, lol you guys even defend censorship in fucking virtual pinball recreations:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13832802/

daemon

« Reply #39561 on: October 15, 2018, 06:41:51 PM »
I'm not gonna be saying R* wasn't exploiting. But i'm almost sure that those 100 weekly hours weren't "work". They needed people to be there at those times because they were passing material from one unit to the next one, and based on the final state of the game, they'd have to be there to pick it up. That doesn't make it any less crunchy for you, but it doesn't mean you're writing code or modelling for 14 hours straight a day. That's impossible to achieve. So I feel they just were "there". Maybe you'd have two hours where you're just standing by for the other team to finish their commit on their code branch. Not even QA can work that many hours because things would slip through based on exhaustion alone.

Doesn't make it right though.

To imagine the scenario, you're a coder for whatever branch of the AI logic. You push the changes and they playtest whatever changes happened to see if things break. Now you're 3 hours just minding your own business because the game is literally finished unless more things arise. But at the same time, you can't go home after working 8 hours because the review might come at hour 9 and then it'd need another day to get fixed. It's complicated to sync when you're running out of things to do and now every segment of the team is not in sync
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 06:45:59 PM by daemon »

agrajag

« Reply #39562 on: October 15, 2018, 06:42:33 PM »
That Asian dating thread.  Good thing ResetERA's here to tell Asian women what to think and feel.

I’m not going to tell Asians how to think and feel but I can and will side eye them for getting surgeries that render their eyes non-Asian to reflect Caucasian eyes and their sheer amount of Asian women that wind up with white men.

why you gonna side eye them, cause they got slanty eyes? racist

Boredfrom

« Reply #39563 on: October 15, 2018, 06:43:50 PM »
While I still like South Park quite a bit, I do think the "both sides are stupid" idea has aged poorly or simply does not apply to today's political/social climate. It's insincere and toothless.

Sure i liked the last episode, but all the cracks at PC people being babies got old fast.

:doge

Is so toothless that everyone is still bitching about it and the OP needed to make a thread about “why people think Progressives are obsessed with Black Panther”?

You don't know what censorship is. Censorship is not a person realizing that their words have power, and deciding not to abuse that power. Censorship is authority forcing you to withhold your opinion.

Don't you dare try to conflate censorship with being held responsible for a world view that consists of "I can, so I will."

And what the fuck you guys are doing there?

You are a bunch of scumbags no different from Trump and his cronies getting mad because the world doesn’t recognize you.

Jansen

« Reply #39564 on: October 15, 2018, 06:50:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13829700/

Quote from: loquaciousJenny, post: 13829700, member: 2024
South parks "satire" of trans issues is so good I want to puke.
Also they took the easy way out on Trump don't give me that "they fucked him in the ass to death" shit

Souh park has not been good to me in years but I love the responses it generates

Jansen

« Reply #39565 on: October 15, 2018, 06:52:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13830927/

Hey look slayven is so fucking dumb he doesn't even get south park

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39566 on: October 15, 2018, 06:52:53 PM »
That Asian dating thread.  Good thing ResetERA's here to tell Asian women what to think and feel.

I’m not going to tell Asians how to think and feel but I can and will side eye them for getting surgeries that render their eyes non-Asian to reflect Caucasian eyes and their sheer amount of Asian women that wind up with white men.

When a scalpel's too subtle use a sledgehammer I guess
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #39567 on: October 15, 2018, 06:53:56 PM »
They are fucking insane, they were saying that SNL is complicity of Kanye rant because they should have expected him going full distinguished mentally-challenged on Trump  :lol

agrajag

« Reply #39568 on: October 15, 2018, 06:54:00 PM »

When a scalpel's too subtle use a sledgehammer I guess

Breh like I am gonna read all the posts before I hit that reply button when I got a zinger lined up

Boredfrom

« Reply #39570 on: October 15, 2018, 06:56:09 PM »

Slayven is Dwayne McDuffie worst nightmare.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39571 on: October 15, 2018, 06:56:27 PM »

Literally an example of the same behavior criticized earlier in the thread

Worse still, I think some folks intentionally ignore the point being made entirely.

For example, the Chipotlaway gag (video for reference): https://vimeo.com/241424126

The actual gag is what Kyle alludes to, which is the behaviour of buying stuff to solve problems caused by our own behaviour instead of changing our behaviour to stop the problem, because we don't want to sacrifice anything.

To most people, though, all the joke says is "HAHA, Chipotle gives people bloody diarrhea!" and everything else is ignored, because the crassness of the joke is apparently the point of it, and anything else just gets in the way of the funny stuff.

"HAHA, Token is the token black character!"
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #39572 on: October 15, 2018, 06:58:54 PM »
Maybe Slayven can understand satire if someone mentions Faceless and “it was sarcasm” defense.

tummyfat

« Reply #39573 on: October 15, 2018, 07:00:54 PM »
They burned a cross on the black family’s lawn. They said it was a lower case T but it looked just like a cross. How is that satire?

paprikastaude

« Reply #39574 on: October 15, 2018, 07:04:56 PM »
Blaming South Park and video games for social problems. They are truly becoming 90s conservatives :doge Though they forgot to blame the awful influence of that aggressive Marylin Manson music.  :(

There's some stupid trumpsters, but going by online reactions, even the last ones understood that South Park is blatantly insulting them by the end of last year. Meanwhile, reee is still believing that this show is promoting some Trump-cult. So much for being the smart ones - Holy shit, I forgot how much they hate that show, those PC cartoons must have really hit home. It hasn't even been that good past season 10 to deserve this much salt, but here we are.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 07:13:24 PM by Spieler1 »

Boredfrom

« Reply #39575 on: October 15, 2018, 07:17:20 PM »
There's some stupid trumpsters, but going by online reactions, even the last ones understood that South Park is blatantly insulting them by the end of last year. Meanwhile, reee is still calling the show pro-Trump, because they are too dumb to look beyond "they made fun of me too = they are nazis". :doge Holy shit, I forgot how much they hate that show.

Because is not about pissing Trumptards but getting validated by pop culture products. The fact that South Park recognizes that Trump is a scumbag makes it “worse” because they don’t totally subscribe to the “correct ideology” and are a bunch of “cowards” for not taking sides.

South Park can be shitty and preachy, but is not that different from self righteous Trumptard and Reee usual bitching.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #39576 on: October 15, 2018, 07:44:25 PM »
It hasn't even been that good past season 10 to deserve this much salt, but here we are.

it's been at it's best in the last 10 years, not sure what the fuck you watch.

since 2016 the last 2 seasons have sucked though and this one doesn't look to be much better.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #39577 on: October 15, 2018, 08:30:58 PM »
south park has completely changed from the fun boundary pushing show i enjoyed watching as a kid when it was only the uptight puritanical older generation who hated it, to now that i'm an adult and it's become a platform for problematic viewpoints which is doing more harm than good.

Leadbelly

« Reply #39578 on: October 15, 2018, 08:31:12 PM »

It hits too close to home I imagine. They think instinctively that they're the butt of the joke and so watch it at a distance looking for things wrong with it.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #39579 on: October 15, 2018, 08:33:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13740880/

Quote from: RyoonZ, post: 13740880, member: 5867
Why fight? I'd rather they make love.

:rash

Gross, reported

I feel vindicated. Resetera should make me a mod.
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39580 on: October 15, 2018, 08:41:56 PM »
It feels like it's been a long time since they just made episodes where stuff happens

Like Cartman wants to go to a birthday party at Casa Bonita but can't go unless someone else can't make it, so he tricks Butters into believing there's been a zombie outbreak, and Butters stays in a shelter for a couple days and comes out into a junkyard where he "rebuilds society" and thinks he's going to have to procreate with the garbage lady until he gets set straight, which leads to everyone finding out and Cartman's desperate attempt to enjoy Casa Bonita before he is dragged out

It's not about a recent movie, or politics, or Uber or Costco or Black Lives Matter or Louis CK, it's just some entertaining stuff happening
Uncle

agrajag

« Reply #39581 on: October 15, 2018, 08:56:56 PM »
Or when Cartman cryogenically freezes himself because he can't wait for the Wii to come out and wakes up in the future in which the planet is ravaged by two warring atheist factions, one of which is sea otters.

That was the best South Park. When they get too topical it makes the show very dated. I do like the occasional lampooning of an insane celebrity though.

BikeJesus

« Reply #39582 on: October 15, 2018, 08:57:22 PM »

My gf is Chinese, parents from China, they don't speak any English. You know why Chinese girls don't want to be with Chinese guys? Because the guys in Chinese culture have everything done for them by their mothers. Their girlfriends are then expected to take over the mother role. Obviously this doesn't apply to all of them, but it is in the culture.

Calling them racist for not wanting to be a part of that shit makes you sound dumber than usual.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 12:24:14 AM by BikeJesus »

BikeJesus

« Reply #39583 on: October 15, 2018, 09:01:54 PM »
They burned a cross on the black family’s lawn. They said it was a lower case T but it looked just like a cross. How is that satire?

Can't tell if this is serious or not. The joke is the rednecks are so dumb they put up a T for 'Time to leave'.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #39584 on: October 15, 2018, 09:16:12 PM »
Cindi, feel free to share more of your thoughts on Asians. Aside from the ending, most of book 1 takes place in Japan.
serge

Himu

« Reply #39585 on: October 15, 2018, 09:22:54 PM »
Cindi, feel free to share more of your thoughts on Asians. Aside from the ending, most of book 1 takes place in Japan.

Huh?
IYKYK

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #39586 on: October 15, 2018, 09:26:46 PM »

Huh?

Jeez, you need to pay better attention to what’s going on around here. Book 1 of the trilogy of novels I’m working on based on some of the fantasy scenarios you’ve inspired.
serge

« Reply #39587 on: October 15, 2018, 09:31:43 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/popular-pokemon-youtuber-is-an-alt-right-propaganda-machine.74896/

Pokemon GO to the polls! Yasss queeen slay!

Some guy on youtube who talks about pokemon supports Trump  :noooo pokemon is for children!

Boredfrom

« Reply #39588 on: October 15, 2018, 10:20:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/popular-pokemon-youtuber-is-an-alt-right-propaganda-machine.74896/

Pokemon GO to the polls! Yasss queeen slay!

Some guy on youtube who talks about pokemon supports Trump  :noooo pokemon is for children!

One guy said something reasonable, but don’t worry, they got him.

Nah, but he didn’t deserve the dogpile for his opinion.

tummyfat

« Reply #39589 on: October 15, 2018, 10:25:53 PM »

Can't tell if this is serious or not. The joke is the rednecks are so dumb they put up a T for 'Time to leave'.
I was making fun of Slayven, chill

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #39590 on: October 15, 2018, 10:34:45 PM »
It feels like it's been a long time since they just made episodes where stuff happens

Like Cartman wants to go to a birthday party at Casa Bonita but can't go unless someone else can't make it, so he tricks Butters into believing there's been a zombie outbreak, and Butters stays in a shelter for a couple days and comes out into a junkyard where he "rebuilds society" and thinks he's going to have to procreate with the garbage lady until he gets set straight, which leads to everyone finding out and Cartman's desperate attempt to enjoy Casa Bonita before he is dragged out

It's not about a recent movie, or politics, or Uber or Costco or Black Lives Matter or Louis CK, it's just some entertaining stuff happening
But they kind of went back to that in the last two seasons and it was terrible. I actually enjoyed the long narrative structure they had going for a while there. It had a great build up, it was relevant, and the payoffs were awesome. I know they got frustrated with Trump winning while they were writing a Hilary win in but I still thought it was the right way to go for the show during this period.

I was never into early South Park. I thought the show was stupid in the beginning. It didn't get good until the mid 2000s I think.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #39591 on: October 15, 2018, 10:43:09 PM »

Huh?

Jeez, you need to pay better attention to what’s going on around here. Book 1 of the trilogy of novels I’m working on based on some of the fantasy scenarios you’ve inspired.

Do you want to play Lucky Hit?

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #39593 on: October 15, 2018, 11:22:51 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13816552/

Soooooooooooooooo, the only training mods seems to get on resetera is using the word 'actioned' instead of moderation or modding, etc. But not training on how to actually mod a website.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #39594 on: October 15, 2018, 11:26:43 PM »
That’s because being moderate is equivalent to being a Nazi.

BikeJesus

« Reply #39595 on: October 16, 2018, 12:02:07 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-poll-more-see-trump-win-likely-46-as-biden-leads-crowded-democratic-field.74906

Holy shit, they hate it when someone makes a thread that can be seen as positive about Trump. Just going hard at the OP.

"You sure on a mission this morning."

"I'm starting to think this OP has an agenda."

Those are the first two posts! But it doesn't stop there.

OP tries to defend themself:

"I’ve done multiple threads about the midterms and encouraging voter registration. There’s room for both. I read a poll I found interesting, so I posted it."

But no, not good enough:

"Ehh you’re doing a bit more than that. Who do you want to be President there anyways buddy? Are you good with the current one or want someone different. That answer will go a long way to show what you are truly trying to do here."

"Hey don’t go ignoring me. Who are you wanting as President? Do you like who it currrently is or who you rather have someone else, and if so, who?"

OP: "I’m a huge democrat lol, check my thread history if you’re confused by today"

"Which democrat do you want to run in 2020 and what are the qualities that you like about them?

What are the qualities that you think the democratic party should embrace more?"

OP is being interrogated for making the thread. They assume it was in bad faith. Every fucker harassing the OP should be removed from the forum.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 12:19:52 AM by BikeJesus »

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #39596 on: October 16, 2018, 12:37:59 AM »
Russian bots arguing with Russian bots.

It's pretty awesome.

Kara

« Reply #39597 on: October 16, 2018, 12:43:17 AM »
(she's Chinese)

counterhit

« Reply #39598 on: October 16, 2018, 01:09:22 AM »
Furries are either degenerate communists or genocidal nazis. Nothing in between.

Bore Expert

« Reply #39599 on: October 16, 2018, 01:09:52 AM »
Sweetnicole could probably kick all our asses.