Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5900722 times)

nudemacusers

Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| ERA? I don't know her.
« Reply #38880 on: October 10, 2018, 06:17:01 PM »
I bet they also hate the weathergaters and how they prop up the sexist meteorology industrial complex.  :doge

(Image removed from quote.)

btw she dates a pro Call of Duty player. his disgusting gamer attitudes probably corrupted her
I’m sad that you know this information.  :P
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| ERA? I don't know her.
« Reply #38881 on: October 10, 2018, 06:20:12 PM »
pretty sure i learned it on this forum :lol

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #38882 on: October 10, 2018, 06:20:21 PM »
I bet they also hate the weathergaters and how they prop up the sexist meteorology industrial complex.  :doge

btw she used to date a pro Call of Duty player. his disgusting gamer attitudes probably corrupted her

ftfy

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #38883 on: October 10, 2018, 06:22:10 PM »
so you're saying she left him cause he was a toxic rapist piece of filth gamer

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #38884 on: October 10, 2018, 06:30:21 PM »
what is the deal with the ign outrage? i think you guys are making this shit up no one can be that dumb

none of these guys like to post links.

:hmph

©@©™

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #38885 on: October 10, 2018, 06:34:06 PM »
so you're saying she left him cause he was a toxic rapist piece of filth gamer

He left her for perpetuating rape culture. Then he made a Ree thread about it.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #38886 on: October 10, 2018, 06:44:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13666990/

It’s kind of ironic that the men in this thread concern trolling over “policing what women wear” make this entirely about the woman in the thumbnail isn’t it? None of them seem to want to discuss the male executives at IGN perpetuating sexism/objectification of women, or the industry standard among developers, or the audience that is deliberately catered to.

Strange, no?

God I wish I could tell this person to his face what an absolute moron he is.

*edit* lol even astro is calling him out.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13667039/

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #38887 on: October 10, 2018, 06:54:37 PM »
But why the fuck are they against women just fucking posing. It's not like she's doing anything sexual even

paprikastaude

« Reply #38888 on: October 10, 2018, 06:59:35 PM »
a whole female arm exposed, where is the burka?!? :exxy

stufte

« Reply #38889 on: October 10, 2018, 07:10:44 PM »
But why the fuck are they against women just fucking posing. It's not like she's doing anything sexual even

because they're trying to protect her from the evils of the male gaze.

seriously.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13660654/

Himu

« Reply #38890 on: October 10, 2018, 07:13:20 PM »
Girls please don’t be sexy :brazilcry

Think of feminism. You shouldn’t be sexy. You are oppressed. :brazilcry
IYKYK

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #38891 on: October 10, 2018, 07:19:55 PM »
I know Recess Era like to think every corporation is run by Monty Burns, but anyone actually working at IGN or any old new media site can't fucking wait to jump in front of a camera, get their name and face known, then bail the fuck out taking their audience with them for youtube patreon moneys

Himu

« Reply #38892 on: October 10, 2018, 07:34:52 PM »
For the record, I’m not saying you can’t criticize using women for obvious sex appeal. The character in my avatar dressed with sex appeal pretty much most of the majority of the series. In the first season she is pretty much fan service. There’s criticism and then there’s Puritanism; there’s a difference in those two things. There’s reasonable justification to be concerned some women are sexually objectified. But when you assume that all women that seem to dress sexy are doing so because they’re forced to, or the idea that women shouldn’t ever be sexy because it will titilate a man you take away her personal personhood and are no different or better than the person you accuse of objectification.

In a sentence, not every woman needs to be sexy but just because a woman is sexy doesn’t means the intent is to be objectified. I don’t like how women are made into sex dolls in many Japanese games now but I won’t moan and bitch every time a sexy female character shows up because sexy women fucking exist.
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #38893 on: October 10, 2018, 07:42:48 PM »
For the record, I’m not saying you can’t criticize using women for obvious sex appeal. The character in my avatar dressed with sex appeal pretty much most of the majority of the series. In the first season she is pretty much fan service. There’s criticism and then there’s Puritanism; there’s a difference in those two things. There’s reasonable justification to be concerned some women are sexually objectified. But when you assume that all women that seem to dress sexy are doing so because they’re forced to, or the idea that women shouldn’t ever be sexy because it will titilate a man you take away her personal personhood and are no different or better than the person you accuse of objectification.

In a sentence, not every woman needs to be sexy but just because a woman is sexy doesn’t means the intent is to be objectified. I don’t like how women are made into sex dolls in many Japanese games now but I won’t moan and bitch every time a sexy female character shows up because sexy women fucking exist.
:exxy

Himu

« Reply #38894 on: October 10, 2018, 07:45:48 PM »

:exxy

IYKYK

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38895 on: October 10, 2018, 07:48:53 PM »
I can't look at Marina Sirtis without remembering the couple of stories told about her on redlettermedia (23:20)
Uncle

stufte

« Reply #38896 on: October 10, 2018, 07:58:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13669109/

I don’t think you understand how enacting change works. Corporations do things out of fear of backlash on a regular basis. Why exactly do you think booth babes are no longer an accepted practice?

Ree trying to take jobs away from women again.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38897 on: October 10, 2018, 08:01:00 PM »

I don’t think you understand how enacting change works. Corporations do things out of fear of backlash on a regular basis. Why exactly do you think booth babes are no longer an accepted practice?

Uncle

Himu

« Reply #38898 on: October 10, 2018, 08:02:21 PM »

My problem is this: why can’t we all get in on the action?

Instead of ban booth babes, introduce booth dudes alongside them. E3 is a fun conference. What’s wrong with booth babes in concept? Cheerleaders at sports games are a bigger problem than booth babes. Here’s a five minute break, get your dick hard. Please introduce male cheerleaders so we can make this egalitarian and we can stare male booty.

The problem isn’t that women are dressed sexy and paraded. The problem is that only women are dressed sexy and paraded. I wanna see those dicks bounce in tight trunks.
IYKYK

Jansen

« Reply #38899 on: October 10, 2018, 08:14:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/superior-burger-patty-smashed-thin-or-regular-thick.74084

Quote from: SweetVermouth, post: 13667931, member: 40665
Patties that are like 2 inches thick are disgusting. It shouldn't be too thin either.

The taste comes mainly from the fat and roasting. These super thick patties taste like nothing on the inside because they're well done and dry on the inside. Burgers should be "well done" because you're using ground beef unlike steaks which taste like gargabe when they're well done.

As someone that lives in Kansas City this post has me :trigger af

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #38900 on: October 10, 2018, 08:19:48 PM »

I remember them celebrating when F1 ditched the grid girls. Went through some big mental gymnastics about how they should not exist while women should be allowed to do what they want.

Jansen

« Reply #38901 on: October 10, 2018, 08:20:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13669719/

Quote from: Bakercat, post: 13669719, member: 15727
A couple enjoying breakfast on their bed? My fiancé and I do this for breakfast all the time. Our kitchen table isn’t even for eating, it’s for arts and crafts for her preschool teacher job lol.

Jansen

« Reply #38902 on: October 10, 2018, 08:23:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13631080/

Quote from: JoeyJungle, post: 13631080, member: 14615
omg this is the videogames version of Charlottesville. MS has been on a streak of buying studios because they closed down nearly all the first party studios they owned. It's why there's been almost no true MS exclusives this generation aside from Forza, Halo, Rare, and Sunset Overdrive. They've burned their third parties (Tomb Raider timed exclusive didn't sell well, Scalebound was canceled late in development, Phantom Dust was canceled late in development) and closed or sold every studio besides Rare that wasn't making core franchises (Aces, Ensemble, FASA, Lionhead,etc.). They've had some exclusives with smaller studios (mainly thinking of PUBG), but they're in this position of needing to rebuild their first party because they were counting on maintaining the 360's momentum of relying primarily on 3rd parties and lost most of their 1st party studios.

Sony's closed studios, but still has a really good relationship with second/third parties and a really strong bench of first parties.

Dude it's 100% true that MS has very few exclusives this generation because of their poor studio management/closures/canceled projects. There's nothing to give away.

stufte

« Reply #38903 on: October 10, 2018, 08:24:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13669851/

No that is actually a pose trying to be attractive and since you are using this as an example why didn't you find one of the thumbnails where a male host of the show is ironically posing like this or doing the equivalent.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13669884/

:dead :neogaf :heh :gladbron :aah

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #38904 on: October 10, 2018, 08:28:11 PM »
Look at him thrusting his chest out in the last picture, what a slut.
©@©™

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38905 on: October 10, 2018, 08:36:00 PM »

omg this is the videogames version of Charlottesville. MS has been on a streak of buying studios because they closed down nearly all the first party studios they owned. It's why there's been almost no true MS exclusives this generation aside from Forza, Halo, Rare, and Sunset Overdrive. They've burned their third parties (Tomb Raider timed exclusive didn't sell well, Scalebound was canceled late in development, Phantom Dust was canceled late in development) and closed or sold every studio besides Rare that wasn't making core franchises (Aces, Ensemble, FASA, Lionhead,etc.). They've had some exclusives with smaller studios (mainly thinking of PUBG), but they're in this position of needing to rebuild their first party because they were counting on maintaining the 360's momentum of relying primarily on 3rd parties and lost most of their 1st party studios.

Sony's closed studios, but still has a really good relationship with second/third parties and a really strong bench of first parties.

Dude it's 100% true that MS has very few exclusives this generation because of their poor studio management/closures/canceled projects. There's nothing to give away.

I don't understand why MS buying Obsidian freaks people out so much.

Switters

« Reply #38906 on: October 10, 2018, 08:37:40 PM »
If someone sends that IGN girl a link to that thread her only rational response would be to tell her friends and family goodbye and join the witness protection program.

troll

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38907 on: October 10, 2018, 08:47:03 PM »
If someone sends that IGN girl a link to that thread her only rational response would be to tell her friends and family goodbye and join the witness protection program.

And on the matter of agency, I'd actually love to ask the Daily Fix women about their experiences at work. It would be awesome if they posted here and settled some matters. But I can only assume if they're currently employed by IGN, they're going to tow the company line and only say nice things about them. That's the reality of being an employee for a company and any discussion here about agency can't disregard that.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13669468/

Wouldn't it be awesome if they posted here to settle some matters about how sexualised their breasts are?

(But even if they'd post here, they'd probably lie to defend their employer)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #38908 on: October 10, 2018, 08:49:15 PM »

How previous PC-ass companies like FASA, Aces, Ensemble, Digital Anvil and Lionhead ended up.

Switters

« Reply #38909 on: October 10, 2018, 08:56:33 PM »
On the Venn diagram where REE, Incels, Gamergate and the alt-right intersect is a profound hatred of a woman's power over her sexuality.
troll

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38910 on: October 10, 2018, 09:10:23 PM »

How previous PC-ass companies like FASA, Aces, Ensemble, Digital Anvil and Lionhead ended up.

Ok, that's actually not a bad point.

Jansen

« Reply #38911 on: October 10, 2018, 09:14:18 PM »

A couple enjoying breakfast on their bed? My fiancé and I do this for breakfast all the time. Our kitchen table isn’t even for eating, it’s for arts and crafts for her preschool teacher job lol.

Dafaq i thought I linked this post https://www.resetera.com/threads/hotel-apologizes-for-sexist-ad-of-couple-enjoying-breakfast-in-bed.74112/#post-13669788

Quote from: Rapscallion, post: 13669788, member: 4699
It’s a micro aggression.

May seen miniscule, but this stuff adds up. If people are offended by it then it’s a valid concern, and we should respect that. Given their response the hotel seems to respect that as well.

Jansen

« Reply #38912 on: October 10, 2018, 09:21:48 PM »

Ok, that's actually not a bad point.

Eh digital anvil made brute Force. They didn't deserve to exist after that and lionhead kept making fable worse.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38913 on: October 10, 2018, 09:24:55 PM »

Quote from: 99Luffy
I mean this is only a bit better than an ad where the guy is reading the paper and the wife is in the kitchen getting dinner ready. But I guess youre fine with that as well. Good for you.

Uncle

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #38914 on: October 10, 2018, 09:25:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13669851/

No that is actually a pose trying to be attractive and since you are using this as an example why didn't you find one of the thumbnails where a male host of the show is ironically posing like this or doing the equivalent.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13669884/

:dead :neogaf :heh :gladbron :aah

Reported

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38915 on: October 10, 2018, 09:33:47 PM »
Serious question, is there anything legally preventing the talent from leaving as a group to form a new company when a big company does a hostile takeover of a smaller company?

I get it, people want to keep their jobs, and all the computers and office space and all that is right there, you might as well keep using them and get paid until Microsoft shuts you down

I just wondered how that works, assuming there aren't yearly contracts in place or anything like that

Under normal circumstances outside of company buyouts it seems to be an accepted thing that a bunch of your talent can just walk out on you together to form their own company, is it any different when the company is publicly traded or otherwise up for sale

MS buys Obsidian and surprise you now own some IPs and computers, everybody fucked off to form Onyx Entertainment where they are making Columns of Infinity
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 09:38:00 PM by Uncle »
Uncle

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #38916 on: October 10, 2018, 09:39:29 PM »
Getting real tired of these moderate dog whistle threads.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13670694
sigh

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #38917 on: October 10, 2018, 09:42:59 PM »
Serious question, is there anything legally preventing the talent from leaving as a group to form a new company when a big company does a hostile takeover of a smaller company?

I get it, people want to keep their jobs, and all the computers and office space and all that is right there, you might as well keep using them and get paid until Microsoft shuts you down

I just wondered how that works, assuming there aren't yearly contracts in place or anything like that

Under normal circumstances outside of company buyouts it seems to be an accepted thing that a bunch of your talent can just walk out on you together to form their own company, is it any different when the company is publicly traded or otherwise up for sale

MS buys Obsidian and surprise you now own some IPs and computers, everybody fucked off to form Onyx Entertainment where they are making Columns of Infinity

Isn't this what happened with Rare -> Free Radical after the MS buyout?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38918 on: October 10, 2018, 09:44:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hotel-apologizes-for-sexist-ad-of-couple-enjoying-breakfast-in-bed.74112/page-4#post-13671804

Quote from: PhoenixDark
Shouldn't apologize and legitimize extremists.

Thin ice breh  :mjcry
Uncle

clothedmacuser

« Reply #38919 on: October 10, 2018, 09:45:52 PM »
It's defaulting men to reading about things like finances while women read about coffee tables. It plays to gender stereotypes. I don't see what's so difficult about understanding that.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13670623

Subpar Spatula is a robot
sigh

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38920 on: October 10, 2018, 09:47:59 PM »
The man is fucking lazy and didn't do his research ahead of time so he has to sacrifice his relaxing breakfast time playing catch-up for work, meanwhile the woman is fully in control of her life and on top of things so she gets to do whatever she feels like (exercising her agency)
Uncle

clothedmacuser

« Reply #38921 on: October 10, 2018, 09:49:32 PM »
The fact that several of y’all even reposted that clip of Jessica Chobot sexualizing an interaction with a handheld device, and without a spoiler tag, states volumes to me.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13658196

I wasn’t trolling. I felt it was very symptomatic. I study psychology. Have a degree in it and study continuously. This is me.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13658885

Oh, well if you study psychology

:neogaf
sigh

Jansen

« Reply #38922 on: October 10, 2018, 10:09:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13671198/

Quote from: The Gunslinger, post: 13671198, member: 31466
It's a microaggression that enforces gender stereotypes.

Why not show them both reading the same thing? Or her reading the Economist and him reading the New York Times?

Propagandhim

« Reply #38923 on: October 10, 2018, 10:18:41 PM »
It’s a micro aggression.

May seen miniscule, but this stuff adds up. If people are offended by it then it’s a valid concern, and we should respect that. Given their response the hotel seems to respect that as well.

Finbarfin

« Reply #38924 on: October 10, 2018, 10:22:09 PM »

No, there's almost certainly not anything keeping anyone from jumping ship, but nobody cares. People who own or are in charge of companies think their staff consists of interchangeable pieces and that talent can be measured in terms of numbers of people applied to a task. I've recently been put in charge of development teams (not in the games industry thank god) and the people who own shit will just cycle my developers in and out of my team whenever they feel like it and they don't seem to have any concept of why that might not be good for their delivery dates. They think that assigning me two junior developers because they need their senior guy on another project should be equivalent to leaving me with the senior guy.  Believe me, people at the top have no fucking idea how software works in any way.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #38925 on: October 10, 2018, 10:41:03 PM »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38926 on: October 10, 2018, 10:41:24 PM »
It's defaulting men to reading about things like finances while women read about coffee tables. It plays to gender stereotypes. I don't see what's so difficult about understanding that.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13670623

Subpar Spatula is a robot

russian bots aren't what they used to be!

Jansen

« Reply #38927 on: October 10, 2018, 11:25:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13674038/

Quote from: Slayven, post: 13674038, member: 2504
You talk made shit for a guy with his own private plane

:derp

EightBitNate

« Reply #38928 on: October 10, 2018, 11:31:36 PM »
Sony dorks spamming GIFs in there  :lol

There's barely even a chance that they are all just heavily invested Obsidian fans on PlayStation.

Just basement dwellers fighting the fight since Primary School :lol

The PlayStation Discord is a mess right now. Lots of Xbox trolls were in there after Obsidian news broke spamming Xbox memes. Today everyone’s catty.

Himu

« Reply #38929 on: October 10, 2018, 11:55:48 PM »
Xbox fans gloating about obsidian? Ms will Kavanaugh Obsidian :brazilcry
IYKYK

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #38930 on: October 10, 2018, 11:56:27 PM »

omg this is the videogames version of Charlottesville.
a false flag by crisis actors?

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #38931 on: October 11, 2018, 12:02:38 AM »
Xbox fans gloating about obsidian? Ms will Kavanaugh Obsidian :brazilcry

I’m not sure how much longer for this world Obsidian was without a buyout from someone.
serge

clothedmacuser

« Reply #38932 on: October 11, 2018, 12:02:49 AM »
I think organizing psyops on a Discord server is among the lamest and most pathetic things a human being could do.

Yeah.  At least we do it in the open where they can see it with mod-munity
sigh

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #38933 on: October 11, 2018, 12:04:23 AM »

:thinking

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #38934 on: October 11, 2018, 12:10:17 AM »
Shit I missed this week's edition of resetera or taliban
:O

EightBitNate

« Reply #38935 on: October 11, 2018, 12:12:35 AM »
I definitely prefer Discord to RE. If RE were /r/games, then the Discord servers would be the smaller subreddits. More tightly knit communities, no drive-by posts, no backward ass rules. Plus it’s fun to switch between different servers to see how they respond to news.

I can get screencaps gimme one sec

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38936 on: October 11, 2018, 12:25:00 AM »
All this thread has taught me that the reason ResetEra is so boring and "diplomatic" is that all the real dumb shit happens on discord servers now.

Forums truly are dead.

links!!!

:rage

EightBitNate

« Reply #38937 on: October 11, 2018, 12:27:58 AM »
Eh actually looking at it again and it appears to mostly be Sony fans spamming Phil Spencer memes and circlejerking Xbox sarcastically. I don’t really pay attention to the server but just an example of some of the messages:

Just imagine this but for a lot longer. Just some very salty Sony fans.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #38938 on: October 11, 2018, 12:30:29 AM »
What's the unspoken rules of just lurking Discords?

Are they strict with invites? Do you have to fake usernames so as not to get banned?

I don't know any of this secret clan meetup shit.

Just know a guy that knows a guy.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #38939 on: October 11, 2018, 12:32:16 AM »

:thinking

:rejoice :rejoice :rejoice

As woke americans we know more about chinese food than you with actual years of experience.  The closest these tendie eating poindexters get to "authentic" developing nation cuisine is Anthony Bourdain. 

sigh