Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5905992 times)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| You ain't slick
« Reply #40020 on: October 18, 2018, 06:15:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13946548/

Perhaps people have already pointed this out but this is very inconsistent with what happened years ago regarding RDR 1.

A game company can change how they treat their employees over the course of 8 years?

Nah, they must just be lying and tweeting fake tweets for damage control. lol.

It's amazing how many of those who were super concerned about the well being of the developers are now calling them liars

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #40021 on: October 18, 2018, 06:16:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13946548/

Perhaps people have already pointed this out but this is very inconsistent with what happened years ago regarding RDR 1.

A game company can change how they treat their employees over the course of 8 years?

Nah, they must just be lying and tweeting fake tweets for damage control. lol.

It's amazing how many of those who were super concerned about the well being of the developers are now calling them liars

It's because (pay attention Rufus) the WANT to hate, if there's not a problem, they don't get to be outraged.

*edit* this person gets it.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13946808/

Propagandhim

« Reply #40022 on: October 18, 2018, 06:19:09 PM »
Imagine working an $8/hr job at JC Penny, caping for the injustice of physics programmers at an AAA dev studio that tweet that they work a reasonable amount of time with paid overtime. 

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #40023 on: October 18, 2018, 06:19:55 PM »
Sometimes I wonder if Rufus has bizarre sexual fetishes like Germans often do and then I realize that he has no way of knowing because the kink overton window is so skewed in that area of the world.
每天生气

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #40024 on: October 18, 2018, 06:25:59 PM »
You know what's fun game? Coming up with a reply you could have got away with on GAF but would get you nuked in a nanosecond on REEE

https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-dog-was-involved-in-a-hit-and-run.75650/

Did he leave a note?

Like, I hope the dude's dog gets better, but 00's GAF was the fucking wild west.
"Sue the fuck out of that guy."

These dumbfucks don't comprehend leash laws or who is responsible for property damage when a car hits a loose dog.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 06:30:01 PM by Straight Edge »
Oi Oi

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #40025 on: October 18, 2018, 06:32:12 PM »
You know what's fun game? Coming up with a reply you could have got away with on GAF but would get you nuked in a nanosecond on REEE

https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-dog-was-involved-in-a-hit-and-run.75650/

Did he leave a note?

Like, I hope the dude's dog gets better, but 00's GAF was the fucking wild west.
"Sue the fuck out of that guy."

These dumbfucks don't comprehend leash laws or who is responsible for property damage when a car hits a loose dog.

The driver drove away, so he's culpable to the states liability laws and here in forth the damages will be devised from the pertinent information.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #40026 on: October 18, 2018, 06:38:45 PM »
Oof we're in to some serious "truth doesn't matter, it started a conversation" territory here.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13947370/

R* is well known and popular. If we could shine a light on the exploitative practices we can bring further discussion on the subject. Does this mean we ignore other devs? No. By doing this it puts the entire gaming industry under scrutiny.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #40027 on: October 18, 2018, 06:47:54 PM »
Sometimes I wonder if Rufus has bizarre sexual fetishes like Germans often do and then I realize that he has no way of knowing because the kink overton window is so skewed in that area of the world.

Gastarbeiter erasure, smh.

shosta

« Reply #40028 on: October 18, 2018, 07:01:03 PM »
I'm sure migrants are importing all kinds of fetishes into Germany
每天生气

counterhit

Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| ERA? I don't know her.
« Reply #40029 on: October 18, 2018, 07:24:51 PM »
Keep politics out of games so they’re not dated, so they’re mass market and sell more, so they don’t preach shit at people tuning into games and tuning out of the crap that irritates them in the real world.

The NPCs aren’t happy unless everything is reinforcing and regurgitating their brand of nonsense.

Why, must be why people keep asking for a FFVII or love MGS so much, they don't want politics in games.  :doge

Also your post is current-gaf tier. What's your nick in there?

I know you are a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow, but you are really missing that people generally don't give a shit about the "politics" of FFVII and the same could even be said of MGS. They like the worldbuilding, themes, and more than all that, the cool weeaboo fighting scenes and haircuts, which is why anyone from communists to neonazis enjoy them just fine. MGS2 stands out among all of the MGS games, but its point is more philosophical than political, which might be why people on the left don't mind that when they reference it they are doing so in a way that agrees with the evil world-controlling AI.

Kojima: "Metal Gear Solid is about politics".

Also yeah, nothing political about stopping a giant corporation from destroying the planet. Oh wait, but I thought Globarn Warning was a hoax? How does your NPC-brain process this information now?  :lol

which is why anyone from communists to neonazis enjoy them just fine
It's called being an hypocritical. Did the devs not put that word in the dictionary?

Also no, neo-nazi would not be fine with anti-racism themes that are so prevalent in many Japanese games. Stop using words you don't understand.

lol at saying nazis are not "fine" with the Japanese or their media.

Sure, you can conjure up a political framework for games. I didn't say these games didn't have "politics" within them. Evil corporation bad, mother earth goddess good, 80s action movie inspiration, blah blah blah. What I did say is that people generally don't actually care beyond its use as an escapist narrative framework, assuming it moves beyond just being an excuse for action. This is why when there's a game with secret "pro-police" or "pro-colonial" message (or is not sufficiently anti-police or anti-colonial, as with Spiderman and Tomb Raider) , the only ones who give a shit are card carrying DSA waypoint or vice writers, who go to pen things like "What Crash Bandicoot ReVengeance tells us about being a gay man in Trump's America", because they want to talk about gay men, not mascot platformers. Outside a few message boards, liberals don't care Batman is an explicit fascist fantasy about using power and money to outsmart and then crush (mentally ill/italian) criminals. No one actually cares the most popular videogame genre right now, battle royal games, are about dominating "living space" and murdering everything that gets in your way (either alone or with a small "clan"). Now are these people "hypocritical", or are you just an idiot?

This is also why Kojima can pretend he's a hollywood director and say some random shit about politics in an interview, but his games are actually about sexy snipers in bikini tops doing impossible shots and the finale of his magnum opus have various supersoldiers, warlords, and dictators hugging it out before one them dies to emotional string and piano music. WAR IS BAD! But also cool and masculine and I cried manly tears when Big Boss died again. Metal Gear Solid falls in line with Kojima's trailers: big bold words are said, but it's actually about the slick camera angles, cool tech, and masculine melodrama. And the other game we are talking is a JRPG which features a guy with spikey hair and a giant sword who sometimes rides a motorcycle. That's not to say there is nothing meaningful or worthwhile about these games, but it's the depth isn't in the politics and if there is any truly meaningful politics, it's going to be dwarfed by the game itself, making it very easy to ignore.

Also randomly throwing in "I thought global warming was a hoax!!" is 100% Ubisoft-tier NPC scripting.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #40031 on: October 18, 2018, 07:29:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-common-is-it-to-not-hear-back-after-an-interview.75697/

The kicker is after each interview I paused my job search because I was sure I got the job.

John Doe

stufte

« Reply #40032 on: October 18, 2018, 07:38:20 PM »
Penultimate NPC name right there.

« Reply #40033 on: October 18, 2018, 08:04:11 PM »
I feel like RE has some game streaming (project stream, psnow) astro turfing going on lately.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #40034 on: October 18, 2018, 08:28:45 PM »
This doesn’t seem like anything new. It’s baseline alt-right “libs are sheep” rhetoric.

I was watching a twitch stream the other day and the dude jokingly said something along the lines of “take that you Asian” and then remarked that people were going to get up in arms about racism.

So I said “there are Latino children in literal prison camps. I think some amount of discretion when joking about race is reasonable.”

He said that me saying something like that is just me trying to control the conversation and he didn’t see how that was related, etc, then said “all I know is what I’ve heard from my brother in law (who is from Mexico and voted for Trump)” so I asked why he was basing his world view on anecdotes when he has concrete information at his fingertips.

After a standard round of “educate me/where is your evidence/etc,” he said “all I have is anecdotes. My opinions may be anecdotal but at least they’re my own” and then proceeded to tell me that my outrage was not my own and I was just parroting other people and I was being puppeted.

Then he mentioned that Jordan Peterson has really been helping him out lately.

This is standard anti-intellectualism.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13938913

This dude fucks.
sigh

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #40035 on: October 18, 2018, 08:52:14 PM »
This doesn’t seem like anything new. It’s baseline alt-right “libs are sheep” rhetoric.

I was watching a twitch stream the other day and the dude jokingly said something along the lines of “take that you Asian” and then remarked that people were going to get up in arms about racism.

So I said “there are Latino children in literal prison camps. I think some amount of discretion when joking about race is reasonable.”

He said that me saying something like that is just me trying to control the conversation and he didn’t see how that was related, etc, then said “all I know is what I’ve heard from my brother in law (who is from Mexico and voted for Trump)” so I asked why he was basing his world view on anecdotes when he has concrete information at his fingertips.

After a standard round of “educate me/where is your evidence/etc,” he said “all I have is anecdotes. My opinions may be anecdotal but at least they’re my own” and then proceeded to tell me that my outrage was not my own and I was just parroting other people and I was being puppeted.

(Image removed from quote.)

This dude fucks.

I love that his response to "all I have is anecdotes" is too... give an anecdote?

bdoughty

« Reply #40036 on: October 18, 2018, 09:16:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mass-shooting-in-crimea-college-student-kills-19-and-wounds-40.75464/#post-13921509

Mass shooting: student kills 19 and wounds 40

Number of replies. 20.  Crimea? Does not fit my narrative.

Honestly shocked at how tame the Married with Children thread is. Guess they are too busy huffing and puffing about how they are not going to buy RDR2.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #40037 on: October 18, 2018, 09:47:20 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

This dude fucks.

I love that his response to "all I have is anecdotes" is too... give an anecdote?

[meaning: the preceding post]

Also look I know Peterson and his thoughts and arguments aren't perfect, but I wasn't under the impression that he was giving actual bad advice in general?  It's obvious stuff repackaged but if someone feels like his advice is helping them out then more power to them, sometimes all it takes is being told the obvious in a way that resonates with you

I think he's only a symbol of the alt-right because he's willing to talk to anyone who will listen, and because he's against compelled speech and theoretically shares some beliefs on that front, I don't get the impression he is giving any real politicized advice
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #40038 on: October 18, 2018, 09:55:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mass-shooting-in-crimea-college-student-kills-19-and-wounds-40.75464/#post-13921509

Honestly shocked at how tame the Married with Children thread is. Guess they are too busy huffing and puffing about how they are not going to buy RDR2.

reeers are probably shriveled up in the corner of a room trying to figure out how to digest satire from the 90s.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #40039 on: October 18, 2018, 10:13:04 PM »
The heart and soul of Era laid bare in a single post.

It’s why I scoff at all the progressive postering here and in similar communities. People here are infinitely more interested in finding villains and shitting on them from high than in putting an iota of effort into bettering their communities, especially if it comes at personal inconvenience
:O

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #40040 on: October 18, 2018, 10:22:55 PM »

Haha yeah it's like, Crimea river, am I right fellas
Uncle

shosta

« Reply #40041 on: October 18, 2018, 10:46:13 PM »
So much emphasis. To rephrase some old grammar advice, you should use no more than two or three phrases that are boldfaced or italicized per 100,000 words of prose.
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #40042 on: October 18, 2018, 11:04:01 PM »
I feel sad for the few people on era that are actual people, that are being manipulated by slaven and comrade morrigan and nikole.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #40043 on: October 18, 2018, 11:04:29 PM »

Haha yeah it's like, Crimea river, am I right fellas

This is too good to ignore.

(Don't act like you don't know it)

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #40044 on: October 18, 2018, 11:09:20 PM »
First time I watching cry me a river video. How did I not know this was about britney?

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #40045 on: October 18, 2018, 11:15:12 PM »
So much emphasis. To rephrase some old grammar advice, you should use no more than two or three phrases that are boldfaced or italicized per 100,000 words of prose.

Bitch, next you’ll be criticizing my em dash usage.
serge

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #40046 on: October 19, 2018, 12:44:43 AM »
em dashes are for pussies.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #40047 on: October 19, 2018, 12:52:04 AM »
sideways ones are for asians

Cravy

« Reply #40048 on: October 19, 2018, 01:01:01 AM »
I feel sad for the few people on era that are actual people, that are being manipulated by slaven and comrade morrigan and nikole.

Who are these real human beings.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #40049 on: October 19, 2018, 01:03:59 AM »

I respect them to much to call them out.

Cravy

« Reply #40050 on: October 19, 2018, 01:12:33 AM »

Name names you goddamn coward.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #40051 on: October 19, 2018, 02:30:21 AM »
Lol @ Zatt getting bopped for what is by Reset standards a very tame "implying the other person is problematic" post. The mods and their friends must think he's annoying as fuck to wield their double standard so freely.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/that-family-guy-skit-with-the-supreme-court-drinking-game-hasn’t-aged-well.75741/#post-13957352

Bore Expert

« Reply #40052 on: October 19, 2018, 02:37:15 AM »
Isn’t era birthday coming up? 🎂 Any stats? Post count winners?

Bananas

Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| ERA? I don't know her.
« Reply #40053 on: October 19, 2018, 03:21:32 AM »
Keep politics out of games so they’re not dated, so they’re mass market and sell more, so they don’t preach shit at people tuning into games and tuning out of the crap that irritates them in the real world.

The NPCs aren’t happy unless everything is reinforcing and regurgitating their brand of nonsense.

Why, must be why people keep asking for a FFVII or love MGS so much, they don't want politics in games.  :doge

Also your post is current-gaf tier. What's your nick in there?

I know you are a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow, but you are really missing that people generally don't give a shit about the "politics" of FFVII and the same could even be said of MGS. They like the worldbuilding, themes, and more than all that, the cool weeaboo fighting scenes and haircuts, which is why anyone from communists to neonazis enjoy them just fine. MGS2 stands out among all of the MGS games, but its point is more philosophical than political, which might be why people on the left don't mind that when they reference it they are doing so in a way that agrees with the evil world-controlling AI.

Kojima: "Metal Gear Solid is about politics".

Also yeah, nothing political about stopping a giant corporation from destroying the planet. Oh wait, but I thought Globarn Warning was a hoax? How does your NPC-brain process this information now?  :lol

which is why anyone from communists to neonazis enjoy them just fine
It's called being an hypocritical. Did the devs not put that word in the dictionary?

Also no, neo-nazi would not be fine with anti-racism themes that are so prevalent in many Japanese games. Stop using words you don't understand.

lol at saying nazis are not "fine" with the Japanese or their media.
like you don't know about the alt-right fetish for everything Japanese. Take a trip to /v/ or something.

Sure, you can conjure up a political framework for games. I didn't say these games didn't have "politics" within them. Evil corporation bad, mother earth goddess good, 80s action movie inspiration, blah blah blah. What I did say is that people generally don't actually care beyond its use as an escapist narrative framework, assuming it moves beyond just being an excuse for action. This is why when there's a game with secret "pro-police" or "pro-colonial" message (or is not sufficiently anti-police or anti-colonial, as with Spiderman and Tomb Raider) , the only ones who give a shit are card carrying DSA waypoint or vice writers, who go to pen things like "What Crash Bandicoot ReVengeance tells us about being a gay man in Trump's America", because they want to talk about gay men, not mascot platformers. Outside a few message boards, liberals don't care Batman is an explicit fascist fantasy about using power and money to outsmart and then crush (mentally ill/italian) criminals. No one actually cares the most popular videogame genre right now, battle royal games, are about dominating "living space" and murdering everything that gets in your way (either alone or with a small "clan"). Now are these people "hypocritical", or are you just an idiot?

This is also why Kojima can pretend he's a hollywood director and say some random shit about politics in an interview, but his games are actually about sexy snipers in bikini tops doing impossible shots and the finale of his magnum opus have various supersoldiers, warlords, and dictators hugging it out before one them dies to emotional string and piano music. WAR IS BAD! But also cool and masculine and I cried manly tears when Big Boss died again. Metal Gear Solid falls in line with Kojima's trailers: big bold words are said, but it's actually about the slick camera angles, cool tech, and masculine melodrama. And the other game we are talking is a JRPG which features a guy with spikey hair and a giant sword who sometimes rides a motorcycle. That's not to say there is nothing meaningful or worthwhile about these games, but it's the depth isn't in the politics and if there is any truly meaningful politics, it's going to be dwarfed by the game itself, making it very easy to ignore.

Also randomly throwing in "I thought global warming was a hoax!!" is 100% Ubisoft-tier NPC scripting.

This is very nice and cute, but at the end of the day you realize MGS and FFVII and many other games still have and are about politics-- which you are dismissing because of the aesthetics and refuse to acknowledge they still there.  If you
it's going to be dwarfed by the game itself, making it very easy to ignore.
it just means your NPC scripting didn't rise past basic level and your lack of self-awareness and inner voice make you more like a child- you see something but you don't truly understand it.

If you take the "politic" (Or rather the pro environment message) from FFVII you get a completely different game. You don't like FFVII? Take FFX as another example, the game anti-religious themes are so obvious and ingrained into the narrative that if you "remove the politics" you basically don't have a game anymore. You don't like FFX? Take Persona 5. I could go on forever, you know? No, of course you don't. You either don't play videogames or fail to realize what these narratives literally spoonfeed to you- videogames aren't deep but somehow you still fail to understand the hamfisted author's message, that's what makes you an NPC.

Again, the fact you can stand those "politics" while you complain about keeping "politics out of our games! "makes you an hypocrite, that's all there is to it.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #40054 on: October 19, 2018, 03:27:38 AM »
go argue somewhere else turbo nerds

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #40055 on: October 19, 2018, 03:46:58 AM »
why are there like a dozen new dumbass juniors talking about this shit in earnest, did voat finally shit the bed?

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #40056 on: October 19, 2018, 03:53:55 AM »
Rank the final fantasy games gogo
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

PogiJones

« Reply #40057 on: October 19, 2018, 04:07:36 AM »
7 > 6 (but 6 would be better as a remake) > 10 > 4 > 9.  Haven't played any others. Still liked 9, though.

As an aside, anything interesting happen in the past week? Haven't been here in a while.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #40058 on: October 19, 2018, 04:19:01 AM »
5 > 10 > 7 > 8 > (6 = 4) >  14 > 11 > X2 > 12 > 9 > (1 = 2 = 3) > 15 > 13 (in all forms)

*tactics and other spinoffs excluded, X2 included because why not.

Bore Expert

« Reply #40059 on: October 19, 2018, 04:19:52 AM »
7 > 6 (but 6 would be better as a remake) > 10 > 4 > 9.  Haven't played any others. Still liked 9, though.

As an aside, anything interesting happen in the past week? Haven't been here in a while.

Evilore announced he’s starting a professional football league. Bobby won an Oscar.

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 04:26:39 AM by Bore Expert »

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #40060 on: October 19, 2018, 05:06:27 AM »
13>9>7>8>10>10-2  :doge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Bananas

« Reply #40062 on: October 19, 2018, 05:26:11 AM »
Lol, “environment good, evil corporation bad” plots are now woke af and super political, and not just some pap you eyeroll at in between fight scenes?

Such politics, much wow.
>60 hours story heavy RPG featuring environmental themes
Not political
>2 chicks kissing at the E3 for 30 seconds
OMG, STOP SHOVING DOWN POLITICS DOWN MY THROAT FUCKING SJW

You fuckers cannot possibility be real, it's like you completely lack of any thought process.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #40063 on: October 19, 2018, 05:58:12 AM »
Lol, “environment good, evil corporation bad” plots are now woke af and super political, and not just some pap you eyeroll at in between fight scenes?

Such politics, much wow.

:nope Aang fighting someone

:ohyeah Aang talking about the environment or balance or some shit

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #40064 on: October 19, 2018, 06:04:06 AM »
FFT > *

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #40065 on: October 19, 2018, 06:33:29 AM »
I'm boring, Shos. To the very core of my being. :esports

I'm sure migrants are importing all kinds of fetishes into Germany
I'm struggling to think of any, honestly. But then, I don't consume and Turkish, Russian, Greek or Italian media to have unwittingly absorbed knowledge of anything specific enough that would warrant a mention. You're making me wonder, though...

Wait, FF7 was supposed to be taken seriously as a political messaging game...

Truly the hottest of dumbfuck hot takes.
How did you miss all the mother nature is dying, the apocalypse is looming themes from that era? edit: Oh, nevermind, you don't think that's politics. :dead

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #40066 on: October 19, 2018, 06:38:20 AM »
I remember the sad backstory for Mr Silver in God Hand. When you try to use the ball-buster it doesn't work on him.

You find out after the fight that he has lost his balls in the vietnam war.  :(

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #40067 on: October 19, 2018, 07:31:00 AM »
Resetera has infinite thread material now that the template “This scene in [insert decades old media] is problematic “ has been discovered.
Oi Oi

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #40068 on: October 19, 2018, 07:48:53 AM »

Name names you goddamn coward.

I'm gonna unfuck your shit up tight mother fucker if you say that again.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #40069 on: October 19, 2018, 07:55:36 AM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #40072 on: October 19, 2018, 08:34:19 AM »
I 100% believe that his social media manager was even worse, but that doesn't change TB's actions or the fact that he used his considerable influence to support a hate group. the effects of those actions are still felt today in American politics and similar nerd "gate"s.

again, honestly asking: did he ever show any kind of sincere regret or give an apology for his actions? or did he just brush it off as you did with something like "oh i just care about ethics in games journalism"?

:doge

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13963850/

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #40073 on: October 19, 2018, 08:39:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/john-%E2%80%9Ctotalbiscuit%E2%80%9D-bain-to-be-inducted-into-esports-hall-of-fame-as-first-non-player.75774/

I wonder how this will go

I don’t. You don’t need a oujia board to template that thread from the get go. Only variable is when moderation will kick in.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #40074 on: October 19, 2018, 08:59:56 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/john-%E2%80%9Ctotalbiscuit%E2%80%9D-bain-to-be-inducted-into-esports-hall-of-fame-as-first-non-player.75774/page-3#post-13964290

The things people post on this forum.. I’ve been here for a few weeks and it’s mindblowing how petty and single minded a lot of you are. What a cesspool of whiny negativity. I’m out..

Nailed it.

sorry, I mean
User Banned (Permanent): Downplaying ongoing harrassment by a hate movement and mischaracterisation of moderator actions while a junior account, false equivalency of implying totally legitimate campaign of continously targetting a dead persons memory is 'petty', history of inflammatory bad faith, Flibbertygibbetting
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 09:13:39 AM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #40075 on: October 19, 2018, 09:15:02 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/john-%E2%80%9Ctotalbiscuit%E2%80%9D-bain-to-be-inducted-into-esports-hall-of-fame-as-first-non-player.75774/#post-13963615

Quote from: Brock Reiher
Quote from: nasirum
Yall motherfuckers never heard about not talking ill of the dead have you?

Disgusting folks some of you.
none of us did when he first died out of respect, but that was months ago now. you gotta bring it up sooner or later, especially if he's gonna keep getting awards like nothing happened.

Holy shit now that's fucking rich

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45505.msg2433151#msg2433151

The only way he's ever impacted my life has been negatively, but RIP anyway I guess.

I understand his family is experiencing pain and people want to be respectful of that, but how about we also respect the victims of the systematic harassment campaign he was a supporter of. Just because someone passes away doesn’t erase half their history. You have to consider their entire life.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/8312856/

"It's too early to discuss gun control"
"It's too early to discuss toxicity in the gaming community"

Cancer being as awful as it is does not preclude a discussion of Totalbiscuit's actions (anti-Romani rhetoric, transphobia, harassing several people, including one time where he told someone to get cancer and die, etc.) nor does it make it inappropriate for one to reflect on their legacy, what the results of their actions cause.  See also:  Cancer taking Rob Ford doesn't erase the damage he dealt to Toronto, Ontario and Canada in general nor does it make those that point out the consequences inappropriate for doing so.

Condolence to his family, in any case.

To reiterate:  Cancer sucks.

I'm not trying to cope. He helped radicalized a hate group that harassed women on line, and that someone of which eventually became neonazi's. Amongst other horrid shit's he's done. My sympathies run thin. All i'm doing here is saying, if other posters wish to say that maybe we all shouldn't forget that he was also a person who did bad shit, while also being talented in other regards, then there is value in that.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/8313379/

I mean Total Biscuit did leave a complicated legacy, there’s no denying that. Like it’s hard for me to mourn because he blocked me on Twitter for telling him to cool it with saying “it’s about ethics in games journalism” because it was vague and playing into the hands of a terrible movement.

You can mourn. But don’t get onto people who felt like he caused harm (I.e Gamergate victims). As long as they don’t disrespect the family of the deceased.

Also for the record I had two people who I knew die that who I thought were terrible people die in recent years. It’s hard to parse out the feelings for that sort of thing.

This is the funniest thread since the last time Era mods banned people for being mean to dead bigoted trash.
Uncle

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #40076 on: October 19, 2018, 09:17:18 AM »
I..: I legit cannot understand resetera’s obsession with Gamergate. I hadn’t even heard that was a thing that happened until I started re-visiting this forum and yet they act like it was Holocaust 2: Holocauster. Like what the fuck

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #40077 on: October 19, 2018, 09:20:14 AM »
Our Vietnam

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #40078 on: October 19, 2018, 09:28:50 AM »
I..: I legit cannot understand resetera’s obsession with Gamergate. I hadn’t even heard that was a thing that happened until I started re-visiting this forum and yet they act like it was Holocaust 2: Holocauster. Like what the fuck

Oh yeah they even remember the date like it was September 1, 1939

https://www.resetera.com/threads/vg247-pulls-support-and-coverage-of-gog-com-following-pro-gamergate-tweet-update-gog-apology.56374/

August 2014 is when Gamergate started. It's specifically a pro-gamergate message. Games Journalism is just an excuse for the right-wing harassment campaign that it actually was.
Plus it's the date Zoe Quinn started to get death threats.
Uncle