Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5900515 times)

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #56820 on: January 27, 2019, 01:43:19 AM »
lol at people mad at dude posting this:
(Image removed from quote.)

That's called grooming!  He's Groooming!!! :gddr5

But for real.  Let's Rap

When two forums devolve into gross games of the most offended olympics and you get joy from watching them and their hatred grow while you feed embers into their hate, is that wrong? 

Like, I never called anyone a cigarillo or (even how much enzom wants it) a such and such fellow.  I go out of my way to shame those who use those words and I do it genuinely.  But watching really dumb leftists attack and eat those deemed only slightly more pragmatic leftist is funny, right?  it's seeing red ants attack black ants and not giving a shit who wins because they are stupid ants. 

In the end the ants lose but you know there are millions more who don't give a shit about the fight.  I don't know what the big deal is.
I really don't.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 02:00:11 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #56821 on: January 27, 2019, 01:44:47 AM »
Quote from: Kirblar
Maduro escalated this to a fullscale civil conflict when he decided to seize power and invalidate elections and the constitution over the last half decade. Countries have been aiding other sides in these conflicts for eons. Like, say, France in 1776! (though to be fair this is a pretty open and shut case of the opposition leader legitimately being the person who should be ruling, unlike the messy geopolitics of the US Revolution.)
He couldn't even wiki this French stuff ffs? And the American Revolution was decidedly NOT a conflict over who should rule the nation of Great Britain, it was a Declaration of Independence.

Maybe getting all your information from Twitter and PoliERA isn't a good idea if you want to branch out into historical references?

edit: further up
Someone earlier provided an an apt analogy to when France was overrun by the Nazis and the Allies recognized the like 5th ranking member of France's government who had escaped as the rightful leader.
Vom, correct me if I'm wrong but "the Allies" (which in this case would be solely Britain) never recognized de Gaulle's Free French forces as the rightful government of France and even once the Allies were on French soil in 1944 they tried to box de Gaulle out of command in favor of Giraud and de Gaulle was handed the Provisional Government chairmanship mostly to keep him busy and away from the fighting lines, only for him to bail the fuck out on the Fourth Republic out of pettiness at the lack of everyone worshiping him as the savior and making him Emperor.

They didn't even let de Gualle attend the Allied Power meetings at Yalta and Potsdam!

benjipwns

« Reply #56822 on: January 27, 2019, 01:56:14 AM »
And yes, this could escalate into a fullscale civil war. But that's not on the opposition figures, that's on the man who seized control of the country using force and destroyed democratic institutions. It's like saying Leia is the actual problem, not the Emperor.
Everything the Emperor did was completely legal, he never used illegal force or fraud. Nor did he destroy democratic institutions. That was Leia's mother through proxy voter Jar Jar Binks.

I mean, FFS is there no canon he can get right?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #56823 on: January 27, 2019, 01:58:50 AM »
How many cans do I have to buy for 2 actual timberwolves

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #56824 on: January 27, 2019, 01:59:29 AM »
maybe he read the script of star wars too fast
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #56825 on: January 27, 2019, 02:07:00 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/did-thanos-actually-pull-a-ozymandias-doctor-manhattan-move.95904/

i love that even describing a comic film's moral questions, they use another comic film as a reference...a plan which failed

bonus:
He's also a murderous dictator who is obsessed with an incredibly stupid ideology that's attempting to solve a very real problem but is wholly incapable of doing so and only leaves sorrow in its wake.

It's why he's a good character, we've seen his type.

if they had never wedged this stupid thing into film Thanos and kept the Infinity Gauntlet's storyline and Thanos' nihilism, we wouldn't have this problem

and Kirblar fucking up canon yet again, Thanos isn't a dictator, nor does he want to rule

benjipwns

« Reply #56826 on: January 27, 2019, 02:14:06 AM »
wait subpar spatula decided to do even worse with the historical canon:
Ozymandias knew that the Russian and American cold war almost certainly would lead to humanity's end. It's been proven time and time again that when a more public and bigger foe appears, enemies will appear as allies. Russia and basically everyone did this when the NAZIs gained power.
except for that whole part where the Soviets and Nazis agreed to carve up Eastern Europe and assist each other with intelligence operations before Barbarossa

Occam

« Reply #56827 on: January 27, 2019, 02:14:38 AM »
https://twitter.com/MichaelBeatty/status/1089221321039466502

that smug, condescending smirk makes me want to punch a million nazi's  :punch

spoiler (click to show/hide)
the apostrophe's for our autisty friend occam
[close]

Appreciated. :)

benjipwns

« Reply #56828 on: January 27, 2019, 02:15:25 AM »
how many draft picks do you also have?

clothedmacuser

« Reply #56829 on: January 27, 2019, 02:15:52 AM »
Kirblar is hated by everyone.  Smart people and comic book fans.  Liberals and Conservatives.  The literati and comic book fans.

Even Adults and comic book fans can agree he's a fucking schmuck.  Yet he keeps Trucking on.  I admire that about a detested person.  He's the Ted Cruz of GAF/Era
sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #56830 on: January 27, 2019, 02:24:45 AM »
how many draft picks do you also have?

The only timberwolves draft pick I actually care about:

benjipwns

« Reply #56831 on: January 27, 2019, 02:30:40 AM »
lmao at Kirblar's explanation on why people like Sandy:
Not Pigeon, but my take would be that she's very, very good at messaging and communicating things in a way that's extraordinarily rare.

benjipwns

« Reply #56832 on: January 27, 2019, 02:33:19 AM »
I don’t think I could even hold my nose to vote Bernie if he won the nom. What to do as a left of center Dem....
holy shit

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #56833 on: January 27, 2019, 02:33:25 AM »
she tells it like it is  :trumps

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #56834 on: January 27, 2019, 02:55:44 AM »
Call me naive but after reading that comment it only just now dawned on me how crazy this next year is going to be in politically.

PogiJones

« Reply #56835 on: January 27, 2019, 02:56:42 AM »
little does he know the fine print on his deal says he has to go lead a genocidal space war against the Buggers

benji, sometimes your work is underappreciated

PogiJones

« Reply #56836 on: January 27, 2019, 02:57:53 AM »
But Bean wasn't the leader

:bolo

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Until the lame retcon in Ender's Shadow, which I refuse to acknowledge.
[close]

PogiJones

« Reply #56837 on: January 27, 2019, 02:59:37 AM »
He couldn't even wiki this French stuff ffs?
He could, but the articles are just so short why bother

benjipwns

« Reply #56838 on: January 27, 2019, 03:03:58 AM »
I only ever read Ender's Game and in like 8th or 9th Grade or whatever. Then later two of my roommates had all the books and were like oh it's just the best thing ever. So I started Speaker was like what...then looked it up online and was like lol nope not gonna.

But I guess that's what you get from people who never watched Trek. At least the one roommate I saved, when he randomly saw First Contact and wanted to know more so I showed him The Wrath of Khan and The Undiscovered Country. Then gave him a little thing called Deep Space Nine. Then after I was done, I also gave him the TV series.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #56839 on: January 27, 2019, 03:06:28 AM »
you gave him the ol' deep space nine"  :-[

benjipwns

« Reply #56840 on: January 27, 2019, 03:13:25 AM »
Call me naive but after reading that comment it only just now dawned on me how crazy this next year is going to be in politically.
don't worry, confining everything to a single OT will work out perfectly

i mean, it works for the bire doesn't it?

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX

PogiJones

« Reply #56842 on: January 27, 2019, 03:18:38 AM »
I haven't read any of them since middle school either.

But I remember that Speaker, Xenocide, and Children got worse and worse with each one, and they are so far removed from Ender's Game that they're not even really sequels, except that the characters happen to have the same names as characters in Ender's Game. Ender is a completely different character in action and thought, and IIRC Valentine is the only other returning character. I remember liking Speaker okay, though, on its own.

Ender's Shadow is more of a sequel than the actual sequels, even though it's just a retelling. The retcon bugged me so much that I never read the other Shadow books, though.

benjipwns

PogiJones

« Reply #56844 on: January 27, 2019, 03:25:29 AM »
There's a critical part in Ender's Game where Bean comes in Ender's room and finally opens up emotionally, and really shows how he really is just a kid and how he looks up to Ender. Bean is brilliant but much younger and less experienced than Ender. And that part basically cements Ender as the leader.

Ender's Shadow really wants Bean to be the real protagonist, but that scene is a thorn in its side, so the book retcons it by having Bean acting the entire time. He's just so gosh darn smart that he knows he has to act like he's having an emotional moment to manipulate Ender. And thus Bean was the true smartest and true leader the whole time!

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #56845 on: January 27, 2019, 03:25:57 AM »
don't worry, confining everything to a single OT will work out perfectly

i mean, it works for the bire doesn't it?

I meant crazy like crazy in the press. There's like 8 or so democrats running/"considering running". Imagine how much dirt is going to be dug up and flung around, weird conspiracy shit, allegations of sexual impropriety, e.t.c.

I feel like it's just gonna be absolutely crazy this time around

benjipwns

« Reply #56846 on: January 27, 2019, 03:38:22 AM »
Having just clicked through to the guy's gofundme page, it seems the thread was rushing so fast to have a moral fight over Patton's actions that they really kind of downplayed the likelihood of Patton feeling a personal connection to such a situation. Patton wasn't trying to cure the guys racism or assholery, he saw another person who could have had a sudden death like his wife related to an undiagnosed issue. This guy had sepsis and coded TWICE but came back, so now he knows about his further blood condition related to his diabetes. Patton's wife dying was the only way they learned about her previously unknown heart condition.

Sure, he might be a cool enough guy to have done the same if the dude had a not terminal cancer or some other not immediately threatening issue. But I'm sure if he clicked onto the guys profile and saw that the guy had a similar near sudden death, along with the mentions of the wife's reactions to it all, he connected to it way more than had it been for something else. I bet if they get into contact with one another that's the kind of thing they'd talk about.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #56847 on: January 27, 2019, 03:39:10 AM »
There's a critical part in Ender's Game where Bean comes in Ender's room and finally opens up emotionally, and really shows how he really is just a kid and how he looks up to Ender. Bean is brilliant but much younger and less experienced than Ender. And that part basically cements Ender as the leader.

Ender's Shadow really wants Bean to be the real protagonist, but that scene is a thorn in its side, so the book retcons it by having Bean acting the entire time. He's just so gosh darn smart that he knows he has to act like he's having an emotional moment to manipulate Ender. And thus Bean was the true smartest and true leader the whole time!

I read Ender's Game, and then Speaker for the Dead which was okay, but when I read on Wikipedia that Bean was supposed to be genetically modified super-genius I realised the rest of the series probably wasn't worth it.

benjipwns

« Reply #56848 on: January 27, 2019, 03:39:33 AM »
I meant crazy like crazy in the press. There's like 8 or so democrats running/"considering running". Imagine how much dirt is going to be dug up and flung around, weird conspiracy shit, allegations of sexual impropriety, e.t.c.

17 Republicans were running in 2015-2016.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #56849 on: January 27, 2019, 03:44:12 AM »
I read the whole ender literary universe, loved every book  :-[

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #56850 on: January 27, 2019, 03:44:57 AM »

17 Republicans were running in 2015-2016.

Mostly nobodies who had no chance of winning though. Then again, that's what I thought about Trump.

benjipwns

« Reply #56851 on: January 27, 2019, 04:17:42 AM »
Mostly nobodies who had no chance of winning though. Then again, that's what I thought about Trump.
Nah, a good chunk of the Republicans running were far more well known. 2008 runner-up Huckabee, 2012 runner-up Santorum, once 2012 front runner Perry, Chris Christie, Rand Paul, Scott Walker, Jeb!, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz. Warren's the only one with that type of clout and she's still under 5% when "hypothetical" likelys are included.

Just because I like looking at these sorts of things...

RCP Averages
January 22, 2019: Biden 31, Sanders 12, Robert Francis 7, Harris 5, Booker 5, Warren 4, Bloomberg 4, Castro 4, Tulsi 4, Sherrod Brown 2, Gillibrand 1

January 22, 2015: Jeb! 17, Christie 11, Rand 9, Carson 8, Walker 8, Huckabee 8, Cruz 6, Rubio 5, Perry 4, Jindal 3, Kasich 2

June 22, 2015: Jeb! 13, Walker 12, Rubio 11, Carson 10, Huckabee 9, Rand 8, Cruz 7, Christie 5, Perry 4, Trump 3, Fiorina 2, Santorum 2
August 6, 2015*: Trump 24, Jeb! 13, Walker 10, Huckabee 7, Carson 6, Cruz 6, Rubio 5, Rand 5, Christie 4, Kasich 3
October 13, 2015**: Trump 23, Carson 19, Rubio 10, Fiorina 8, Jeb! 7, Cruz 7, Kasich 3, Rand 3, Huckabee 3, Christie 3, Jindal 1
January 1, 2016: Trump 36, Cruz 19, Rubio 12, Carson 9, Christie 5, Jeb! 4, Rand 3, Fiorina 2, Kasich 2
February 1, 2016 (Iowa): Trump 36, Cruz 20, Rubio 10, Carson 7, Jeb! 5, Christie 3, Kasich 2, Rand 2, Huckabee 2
February 9, 2016 (NH): Trump 30, Cruz 21, Rubio 18, Carson 8, Jeb! 4, Kasich 4, Christie 3, Fiorina 3
March 1, 2016 (Super Tuesday): Trump 36, Cruz 20, Rubio 17, Carson 9, Kasich 9
March 15, 2016: Trump 32, Cruz 26, Rubio 19, Kasich 18
*day of the first GOP debate
**day of the first DIMM debate

Occam

« Reply #56852 on: January 27, 2019, 04:25:47 AM »
I haven't read any of them since middle school either.

But I remember that Speaker, Xenocide, and Children got worse and worse with each one, and they are so far removed from Ender's Game that they're not even really sequels, except that the characters happen to have the same names as characters in Ender's Game. Ender is a completely different character in action and thought, and IIRC Valentine is the only other returning character. I remember liking Speaker okay, though, on its own.

Ender's Shadow is more of a sequel than the actual sequels, even though it's just a retelling. The retcon bugged me so much that I never read the other Shadow books, though.
Glad I didn't waste my time with those books.

Occam

« Reply #56853 on: January 27, 2019, 04:38:08 AM »
wait subpar spatula decided to do even worse with the historical canon:
Ozymandias knew that the Russian and American cold war almost certainly would lead to humanity's end. It's been proven time and time again that when a more public and bigger foe appears, enemies will appear as allies. Russia and basically everyone did this when the NAZIs gained power.
except for that whole part where the Soviets and Nazis agreed to carve up Eastern Europe and assist each other with intelligence operations before Barbarossa

Not only that. The Soviets greatly helped the Nazi war effort by supplying the Reich with oil, raw materials and grain: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/German%E2%80%93Soviet_Commercial_Agreement_%281940%29

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #56854 on: January 27, 2019, 05:15:25 AM »
the bore  :gentleman

the boor :mike 

the boar  :rash

the boer :drudge

niels bohr  :nerds

the bire   :rogan

the b*re   :bowsette

bo*** r**e***  :bobby

clothedmacuser

« Reply #56855 on: January 27, 2019, 05:29:22 AM »
I heard the author of those books became a nazi decades later.  I'm glad I never read the books and always knew there was something off about him.  I mean, books about fighting bugger aliens in space?  Nah.  We haven't even wiped out gay people on Earth.  No way they could thrive in space.
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #56856 on: January 27, 2019, 05:39:05 AM »
Orson Scott Card was always a Nazi, that's why he played a key role in founding GamerGate when he forced his alt-right views into Shadow Complex, which was a game about murdering homosexuals, with fellow gators Chair Entertainment who were upset over Obama's election.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #56857 on: January 27, 2019, 05:57:06 AM »
Shadow Complex is so good :lawd

Still waiting for a sequel :goty
Margs

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #56858 on: January 27, 2019, 05:59:34 AM »
"Shadow Complex"

Even the name sounds racist

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #56859 on: January 27, 2019, 06:15:53 AM »
Joe Biden is either from a time when adults knew that children need attention, hugs and comfort or else they'd get depressed and die and caring for and raising kids was the responsiblity of everone in the community not just the parents.

Or he has been molesting kids all this time in public as a member of gamergate.

Whichever it is. We better start dragging him through the mud on the internet just to be safe.  :shaking
🤴

kingv

« Reply #56860 on: January 27, 2019, 06:32:00 AM »
I can't think of a single piece of entertainment media that's not conservative

Being entertained is an individualist activity, saying what makes me happy in this moment, rather than thinking collectively about what problems I could be helping to solve instead

Being entertained means deciding your own pleasure is worth more than aiding actual people suffering around the world

Wrong.

Destiny II is a communist manifesto. You need other people to achieve you goals, and the chance at great rewards is identical regardless of your overall performance compared to the rest of your team.

Is this before or after you go to the Loot Box Store and give all your money to a megacorp. :yuck

Ah, but all loot boxes have meaningless cosmetics proving the pointlessness of capitalism.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #56861 on: January 27, 2019, 06:40:46 AM »
They didn't even let de Gualle attend the Allied Power meetings at Yalta and Potsdam!

Your description is certainly more accurate than Kirblar's. The British and Americans basically did their best to find a replacement until 43-44 (I do believe in the Casablanca conference in 1943 the main French intermediary was Nogues, and they exchange some choice and dated words about Jews with Roosevelt), for some reason the Americans in particular were dead set on people within the Vichy regime and IIRC even when France was being liberated and the legitimacy was pretty evident on the ground (I guess the fact that US troops did arrange things so that the Free French could roll up on front in liberated cities was proof they recognized his leverage tho). France becoming a victory party is very much ad hoc and as you pointed De Gaulle was certainly not on an equal footing with the trifecta.
ὕβρις

kingv

« Reply #56862 on: January 27, 2019, 06:41:16 AM »
the best part about Morrigan and incelsiorlef being the most buttmad in this thread are that they're both Canadian, and Morrigan is even worse, French Canadian

I thought Québécois woman were supposed to be attractive...

benjipwns

« Reply #56863 on: January 27, 2019, 07:06:56 AM »
I thought Québécois woman were supposed to be attractive...
this will be the last thing that passes through your mind if she manages to get you tangled in that five foot long rats nest

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #56864 on: January 27, 2019, 07:22:26 AM »

Your description is certainly more accurate than Kirblar's. The British and Americans basically did their best to find a replacement until 43-44 (I do believe in the Casablanca conference in 1943 the main French intermediary was Nogues, and they exchange some choice and dated words about Jews with Roosevelt), for some reason the Americans in particular were dead set on people within the Vichy regime and IIRC even when France was being liberated and the legitimacy was pretty evident on the ground (I guess the fact that US troops did arrange things so that the Free French could roll up on front in liberated cities was proof they recognized his leverage tho). France becoming a victory party is very much ad hoc and as you pointed De Gaulle was certainly not on an equal footing with the trifecta.
Roosevelt didn't want to do this all over again so he mostly tried to have Europe change its ways compared to pre-WWII and even pre-WWI.
In fact, the US nearly cancelled their aid to the Netherlands when the first thing our government did when we had a functioning army again was try to restore colonial rule in territory freed from Japan.

FDR was quite shocked that Stalin and Churchill were dividing up the spoils and deciding the future of Europe as Hitler and Stalin had done years prior.
He had hoped that both would realize the path forward would require not repeating the mistakes of the past.

The US probably figured that France headed up by De Gaulle would revert back into their old ways of empire building and starting foreign adventures.
Which is not entirely wrong if you look at the events that followed.
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #56865 on: January 27, 2019, 07:27:42 AM »
You do know that Roosevelt died before the war ended?

benjipwns

« Reply #56866 on: January 27, 2019, 07:45:28 AM »
FDR knew exactly what Stalin wanted and was fine with it. He personally saw to ensuring that American diplomacy did nothing to piss off Stalin. It was the White House who insisted on abandoning the southern front after fighting all the way up Italy to re-invade Europe from the north because Stalin didn't want allied troops coming north from the Balkans. Since the United States was the only power capable of launching amphibious invasions that settled the question even though Churchill and the British government thought it mad. Especially since France wasn't considered to be needing "liberation" once the German war machine collapsed.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #56867 on: January 27, 2019, 08:01:37 AM »
I checked and will correct that at Casablanca both De Gaulle and Giraud were present.

The US probably figured that France headed up by De Gaulle would revert back into their old ways of empire building and starting foreign adventures.

That would have been any French government, France would have not relinquished imperial possessions (and the British wouldn't be too eager to force it). That's what happened, in fact, since the IVth Republic didn't need De Gaulle to participate in the Suez Canal crisis and clinging on Algeria (and Indochina, but in truth it was a continuation of the Japanese occupation during the war.

I'd imagine De Gaulle was already a pain in the ass at the time, not very pliable to "anglo-saxons" and basically exhibiting the same sort of attitude he would have later with regards to NATO.
ὕβρις

Propagandhim

« Reply #56868 on: January 27, 2019, 08:05:42 AM »
Imagine if you people took an interest in the casualties of POC in 2019 as you do in your old white wars.  Fuckin encyclopedic knowledge only when it concerns white casualties HMMMMMMM.

Propagandhim

« Reply #56869 on: January 27, 2019, 08:13:09 AM »
It's funny because I've never heard Benji talk about Tulsa ONCE.

benjipwns

« Reply #56870 on: January 27, 2019, 08:20:29 AM »
really anyone who talks about World War II or Europe in general is kinda sus, because like World War II had Nazis, and Nazis came from Europe and controlled all of Europe, and Europe invented slavery too, plus colonialism and capitalism, plus Russia likes to mention how it's part of Europe and GamerGate was invented by Russia, plus CD Projekt Red is in a former Soviet state and probably has many Christians on staff

and how does talking about Europe stop Latinx @mericans from being racist to People of Color? it doesn't, it just lets them continue to gaslight and sealion PoC instead of paying it forward

benjipwns

« Reply #56871 on: January 27, 2019, 08:25:49 AM »
A search confirms that I mentioned the horrors of modern dystopian Tulsa before ResetERA.com was even a twinkle in the eye of the Shillary Clinton Approved NeoGAF.com Astroturfer Program:
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=42757.msg2043155#msg2043155
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=43921.msg2142071#msg2142071

Propagandhim

« Reply #56872 on: January 27, 2019, 08:27:43 AM »
A search confirms that I mentioned the horrors of modern dystopian Tulsa before ResetERA.com was even a twinkle in the eye of the Shillary Clinton Approved NeoGAF.com Astroturfer Program:
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=42757.msg2043155#msg2043155
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=43921.msg2142071#msg2142071

:lol

tummyfat

« Reply #56873 on: January 27, 2019, 08:56:30 AM »
Tulsa should have been America’s Wakanda by now.

It pains me to think of what was robbed

benjipwns

« Reply #56874 on: January 27, 2019, 09:06:24 AM »
Thankfully we now have New York's 14th congressional district though.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #56875 on: January 27, 2019, 09:34:12 AM »
Racist getting a Payday.

I guess Medicare for all isn't really supported on hate site era.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #56876 on: January 27, 2019, 10:05:48 AM »
little does he know the fine print on his deal says he has to go lead a genocidal space war against the Buggers

Nicknamed after a character created by notorious homophobe Orson Scott Card. I wouldn't accept that peanut butter.
Oi Oi

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #56878 on: January 27, 2019, 10:20:00 AM »
yeah, if you had asked me i would have guessed 15% probably, the UK has been where some of the most famous Holocaust deniers with actual history doctorates have come from (runner up, Canada)

also, 1/12 being 8%, both figures being with a MoE of 3%, so potentially 2% and 5% respectively aka noise not something to be worried about/horrified by

Propagandhim

« Reply #56879 on: January 27, 2019, 10:20:39 AM »
On topic, in terms of population and believing in stupid crazy shit, 5% denial of the Holocaust actually seems pretty good all things considered. Although it is one of the more hardcore conspiracies, and is directly tied into white nationalism, so it makes sense it's so low.

https://www.jta.org/2017/09/12/global/british-muslims-twice-likelier-than-others-to-espouse-anti-semitic-views-survey-suggests

:iface