Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5829221 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #56880 on: January 27, 2019, 10:21:28 AM »
although the survey did not appear to take into account Patton Oswalt potentially donating to them all increasing the amount of Nazi propaganda exponentially

benjipwns

« Reply #56881 on: January 27, 2019, 10:27:28 AM »
Holocaust deniers, Flat Earthers, Anti-vaxxers, Trump supporters... Basically unchanged from the dumb illiterate masses of the dark ages
the funny part being that the idea of "the dark ages" is almost universally considered to be unfounded now by historians

benjipwns

« Reply #56882 on: January 27, 2019, 10:29:13 AM »
I’m sure the actual number is a little bigger thanks in no small part to the internet. Places like 4chan are swarming with holocaust deniers and people posting infographics about the evil Jewish menace.
dang 4chan yet again

Averon

« Reply #56883 on: January 27, 2019, 10:29:56 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/patton-oswalt-donate-to-help-pay-medical-bills-of-guy-trolling-him-on-twitter-and-prompts-others-to-do-the-same.95556/page-12#post-17284774

It's great this can be treated with such derision and contempt by posters that they feel the need to make drive-by comments without actually saying anything of substance. It's not hard to see why minority voices are silenced when everything is a joke for some people.

People bend over backwards to make sure racist gets a payday and to wash away all his actions. Minorities are ignored, shamed or laughed at. Hang this thread up on the mantle as an example of everything absolutely backwards and upside down with how society functions. There's your good deed; hope everyone is proud. You did it again, round of applause and pats on the back all around.

/exhausted.

The silencing of women and minorities on ERA continues in droves  :'(

Also, he's so exhausted, guys. All these righteous online slap fights can be a drag on your fingertips due to all that furious typing, after all. Any suggestions on how a brotha can get some :snore?

BisMarckie

« Reply #56884 on: January 27, 2019, 10:30:09 AM »
Call your movement the "Enlightenment" and get people to believe you for centuries, brehs. :rejoice

benjipwns

« Reply #56885 on: January 27, 2019, 10:31:38 AM »
Within ten years of the last survivor dying we will see upwards of 30% of the population denying its existence entirely. You can already see the right and its talking heads priming that direction.
Almost not surprised: with the World War 2 generation almost fully passed, morons are voting against peace in Europe and Nazism is beginning to once again rear its ugly head.
lol

benjipwns

« Reply #56886 on: January 27, 2019, 10:32:19 AM »
UK off the hook, France now on notice: https://www.resetera.com/threads/five-per-cent-of-uk-adults-do-not-believe-the-holocaust-took-place-and-one-in-12-believes-its-been-exaggerated.95989/post-17290512
The poll, commissioned by the Holocaust Memorial Day Trust, a charity established and funded by the UK government to promote and support the international day of remembrance, echoes the findings of a survey carried out in seven European countries in November.
That poll found that one in three people knew little or nothing about the Holocaust, and an average of 5% said they had never heard of it. In France, 20% of those aged 18-34 said they had never heard of the Holocaust; in Austria, the figure was 12%.

BisMarckie

« Reply #56887 on: January 27, 2019, 10:32:56 AM »
I’m sure the actual number is a little bigger thanks in no small part to the internet. Places like 4chan are swarming with holocaust deniers and people posting infographics about the evil Jewish menace.
dang 4chan yet again

benjipwns

« Reply #56888 on: January 27, 2019, 10:35:00 AM »
people on ResetERA.com are suspiciously knowledgeable and sure like to talk about the Holocaust/Nazis a lot :thinking

Propagandhim

« Reply #56889 on: January 27, 2019, 10:37:15 AM »
UK off the hook, France now on notice: https://www.resetera.com/threads/five-per-cent-of-uk-adults-do-not-believe-the-holocaust-took-place-and-one-in-12-believes-its-been-exaggerated.95989/post-17290512
The poll, commissioned by the Holocaust Memorial Day Trust, a charity established and funded by the UK government to promote and support the international day of remembrance, echoes the findings of a survey carried out in seven European countries in November.
That poll found that one in three people knew little or nothing about the Holocaust, and an average of 5% said they had never heard of it. In France, 20% of those aged 18-34 said they had never heard of the Holocaust; in Austria, the figure was 12%.

https://www.jta.org/quick-reads/15-of-non-christians-say-holocaust-is-exaggerated-french-survey-finds

:cac

BisMarckie

« Reply #56890 on: January 27, 2019, 10:38:37 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/patton-oswalt-donate-to-help-pay-medical-bills-of-guy-trolling-him-on-twitter-and-prompts-others-to-do-the-same.95556/post-17289620
There's that garden variety dismissal and insults that the "nice warrior" spews. No concern for the fellow Era member and their anger at this topic and how poorly they're treated.

:doge

Averon

« Reply #56891 on: January 27, 2019, 10:39:49 AM »
people on ResetERA.com are suspiciously knowledgeable and sure like to talk about the Holocaust/Nazis a lot :thinking

That's because Gamergate brought about The Fourth Reich in the form of Trump and the alt-right.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #56892 on: January 27, 2019, 10:41:20 AM »
little does he know the fine print on his deal says he has to go lead a genocidal space war against the Buggers

:delicious

benjipwns

« Reply #56893 on: January 27, 2019, 10:42:36 AM »
they also seem to know a lot about what's said on 4chan, a site i would never visit willingly of course

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #56894 on: January 27, 2019, 10:52:04 AM »
I can't believe that patton oswalt thread is still going, and I can't believe that the mods haven't figured out just how badly a Not A Good Look for the site it represents and locked it up with some wishy washy unproductive run its course camouflage.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #56895 on: January 27, 2019, 10:52:55 AM »
Now that the last WW2 veterans are dying out WW2 will be sort of this mythical pop culture thing.

Soon enough the argument will be that just like the Egyptians couldn't have build the pyramids the Nazis couldn't have killed all those people.
I once thought it might be a good idea to air the Nuremburg trials again as a sort of worldwide broadcast event but that would probably end in people trolling during the broadcast and filling up the live chats with Swastika's.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
"LMAO GOERING IS SO FAT. Did he eat all the jews?"
[close]
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #56896 on: January 27, 2019, 10:59:04 AM »
Nobody would want to watch the Nuremburg Trials, they're boring and all the best criminals aren't there. It'd be like if you had an investigation into Russian theft of the 2016 Presidential Election and all you got was Paul Manafort who loves crime so much he can't stop committing crimes plus a bunch of nobodies taking pleas for lying to investigators...

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #56897 on: January 27, 2019, 11:02:03 AM »
So what you're saying is that we need J.J. Abrams to do a Schindlers List reboot with lens flares and a Hans Zimmer soundtrack?
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #56898 on: January 27, 2019, 11:02:57 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/adorable-puppy-saves-young-girls-life-from-drowning.60334/

Saved a white girl. Typical privilege that we're supposed to be glad about that.
Why is this even news while there are children literally in cages?
Nobodies saving me, and I'm socially awkward. Why the fuck are some of you cheering this like I'm supposed to care about it?
People on twitter are saying the dogs owner might be racist, so I hope you're fucking glad that you're supporting white supremacy OP
People are literally trying to destroy who I am, and y'all cheering white supremacy while I'm literally dying, fuck outta here with this shit
Oh, what a surprise, all these low post count members suddenly appear to try and gaslight us how this is somehow a good thing. No wonder women and minorities have real problems with this site nowadays.

:teehee

[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #56899 on: January 27, 2019, 11:04:30 AM »
Quote from: Hecht, in August
The intent of the feedback thread was to only have it open/visible for the weekend, at which point we'd take the information provided and use it to update our policies going forward. The thread isn't erased, we still have it in our moderation forum so we can analyze the feedback and adjust our practices going forward.

We're working on a way to communicate the answers provided in thread in a digestible format in the near future.
can't wait

benjipwns

« Reply #56900 on: January 27, 2019, 11:05:55 AM »
So what you're saying is that we need J.J. Abrams to do a Schindlers List reboot with lens flares and a Hans Zimmer soundtrack?
Wow, stanning for a movie where a literal Nazi is the hero, not a cute look at all Nintex.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #56901 on: January 27, 2019, 11:13:14 AM »
Wow, stanning for a movie where a literal Nazi is the hero, not a cute look at all Nintex.
He could also adapt Come and See for new audiences but that makes the Russians look like the victims so it would likely be #boycotted. 
:idont
🤴

Propagandhim

« Reply #56902 on: January 27, 2019, 11:16:23 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/adorable-puppy-saves-young-girls-life-from-drowning.60334/

Saved a white girl. Typical privilege that we're supposed to be glad about that.
Why is this even news while there are children literally in cages?
Nobodies saving me, and I'm socially awkward. Why the fuck are some of you cheering this like I'm supposed to care about it?
People on twitter are saying the dogs owner might be racist, so I hope you're fucking glad that you're supporting white supremacy OP
People are literally trying to destroy who I am, and y'all cheering white supremacy while I'm literally dying, fuck outta here with this shit
Oh, what a surprise, all these low post count members suddenly appear to try and gaslight us how this is somehow a good thing. No wonder women and minorities have real problems with this site nowadays.

:teehee

[close]

wrong link or did they nuke the thread?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #56903 on: January 27, 2019, 11:23:55 AM »

Nah, its a fanfic of what that story would look like on era, and I linked to a different thread for bonus jokes.

Turns out you can write whatever you want for the long URL, you just need to keep the thread number for it to link correctly.

Which I'm sure nobody will use for metacommentary lulz.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/straight-men-of-era-do-you-like-butt-stuff-not-gay-hotwings-sports.95963/

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #56904 on: January 27, 2019, 11:31:22 AM »

Nah, its a fanfic of what that story would look like on era, and I linked to a different thread for bonus jokes.

Turns out you can write whatever you want for the long URL, you just need to keep the thread number for it to link correctly.

Which I'm sure nobody will use for metacommentary lulz.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/straight-men-of-era-do-you-like-butt-stuff-not-gay-hotwings-sports.95963/
Guy from the Bire knows Russian Hacker tactics.
Big fucking surprise.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #56905 on: January 27, 2019, 11:45:45 AM »
While 95% sounds good, if there are 5 people in every group of 100 that denies the holocaust, that’s way too many.

% how do they work ?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/five-per-cent-of-uk-adults-do-not-believe-the-holocaust-took-place-and-one-in-12-believes-its-been-exaggerated.95989/page-4#post-17291536
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #56906 on: January 27, 2019, 12:33:21 PM »
Guy from the Bire knows Russian Hacker tactics.
Big fucking surprise.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #56907 on: January 27, 2019, 12:38:39 PM »
wait subpar spatula decided to do even worse with the historical canon:
Ozymandias knew that the Russian and American cold war almost certainly would lead to humanity's end. It's been proven time and time again that when a more public and bigger foe appears, enemies will appear as allies. Russia and basically everyone did this when the NAZIs gained power.
except for that whole part where the Soviets and Nazis agreed to carve up Eastern Europe and assist each other with intelligence operations before Barbarossa

Not only that. The Soviets greatly helped the Nazi war effort by supplying the Reich with oil, raw materials and grain: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/German%E2%80%93Soviet_Commercial_Agreement_%281940%29

Alas the Soviet Union lacked a bourgeoisie who could, oh, I don't know, computerize the Holocaust, or help Germany rearm.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #56908 on: January 27, 2019, 01:03:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tech-support-era-printer-connectivity-issue.96025/post-17293891

run a test print and if it says subscribe to pewdiepie then its all setup correctly

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #56909 on: January 27, 2019, 01:08:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tech-support-era-printer-connectivity-issue.96025/post-17293891

run a test print and if it says subscribe to pewdiepie then its all setup correctly

Not sure if we can provide help yet. Have they checked the printer's twitter yet? Probably all out of color.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #56910 on: January 27, 2019, 01:14:26 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/resetera-reflects-this-place-sucks-we-want-gaf-back.1465402/post-253746538
Quote from: evilore
Gaming forum is getting steadily vibrant again here with time, and I'm never going to tolerate those overbearing moderation practices here again. The people here are largely pretty reasonable on all levels nowadays, and that's the side that I'm on, so you can count on me. 😊

:ego :snob :win

agrajag

« Reply #56911 on: January 27, 2019, 01:21:53 PM »
benji

Quote from: shiba5
These people are bad with analogies. It's more like Pelosi went to the Trump restaurant and refused to buy the overpriced grisly Trump steaks and faux-elite Trump water, and then kicked him hard in the balls on the way out. And then shutdown his restaurant for health violations.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #56913 on: January 27, 2019, 01:42:51 PM »
That Patton Oswald thread really is the gift that keeps on giving. I haven’t seen so much salt since Stumpokapow was bitter about Colin Moriarty making like $40,000 on Patreon. Could plow the roads all winter with that much salt.

counterhit

« Reply #56915 on: January 27, 2019, 01:57:12 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/resetera-reflects-this-place-sucks-we-want-gaf-back.1465402/post-253746538
Gaming forum is getting steadily vibrant again here with time, and I'm never going to tolerate those overbearing moderation practices here again. The people here are largely pretty reasonable on all levels nowadays, and that's the side that I'm on, so you can count on me. 😊

I looked and found a three page long games of the year vote thread and just felt kind of bad for the site and left.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #56916 on: January 27, 2019, 02:03:53 PM »

I looked and found a three page long games of the year vote thread and just felt kind of bad for the site and left.

I was just thinking the other day that Moot sold 4chan and jumped to google. Evilore just sort of stuck with what Neogaf currently is and hoping it'll be enough to survive on because he has no other options.

PogiJones

« Reply #56917 on: January 27, 2019, 02:11:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/antz-vs-its-a-bugs-life.96013/post-17292897
I rewatched Antz lately and thought it was really quite interesting with its social politics. It's ruined by Woody Allen as the feeble and irritating Jewish stereotype perpetually complaining about his ankles or some shit, and bar the insane general plotting to genocide the workers, is really the villain, ruining things for everyone with his ineptitude and lazyness.
Antz. It’s anti-fascist
:cat

Snoopycat_

« Reply #56918 on: January 27, 2019, 02:18:22 PM »

Throw in some Benny Hill style slapstick and it'll be perfect.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #56919 on: January 27, 2019, 02:40:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/antz-vs-its-a-bugs-life.96013/post-17292897
I rewatched Antz lately and thought it was really quite interesting with its social politics. It's ruined by Woody Allen as the feeble and irritating Jewish stereotype perpetually complaining about his ankles or some shit, and bar the insane general plotting to genocide the workers, is really the villain, ruining things for everyone with his ineptitude and lazyness.
Antz. It’s anti-fascist
:cat

"the feeble and irritating Jewish stereotype perpetually complaining about his ankles or some shit" is a dreadfully long way of saying nebbishy kvetcher. Gentiles smh.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #56920 on: January 27, 2019, 02:50:38 PM »

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/anyone-else-afraid-to-associate-with-other-non-white-races.1471591/

Ahh yes.
Oi Oi

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #56921 on: January 27, 2019, 02:58:31 PM »

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/anyone-else-afraid-to-associate-with-other-non-white-races.1471591/

Ahh yes.

Jesus fuck

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #56922 on: January 27, 2019, 04:10:56 PM »
I went to the grocery yesterday and had a Latinx woman as my cashier and an older black woman as the bag lady and felt it wasn't a good look for me as a white male tbh

So you denied them the dignity of work?

PogiJones

« Reply #56923 on: January 27, 2019, 04:18:48 PM »
He's fighting against the culture of work worship  :rejoice

PogiJones

« Reply #56924 on: January 27, 2019, 04:20:25 PM »
/exhausted

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #56925 on: January 27, 2019, 04:28:38 PM »
Latinx always makes me think of Jasonx

Uncle

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #56926 on: January 27, 2019, 04:37:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chris-cuomos-perfect-response-to-%E2%80%9Cbut-venezuela-%E2%80%9D.96064/post-17298905

"Illegal alien"

When did that become a thing?
Are they calling illegal immigrants for non-humans?

:derp

Its very consistent among right-wing circles, sadly. Dehumanization of people from other countries is a necessary prerequisite to passing hurtful legislations towards them.

I've been hearing that term for a very long time. It's such a naked way of dehumanizing people.

Also doesn't help that it's written that way in law. Much like how they call social programs 'entitlements' to give it a negative connotation.

why are leftists such stupid fucking feggits? for people so obsessed with words they can never understand what they mean without some twisted ideology attached to it..

BisMarckie

« Reply #56927 on: January 27, 2019, 04:41:28 PM »
Also doesn't help that it's written that way in law

:doge

Very few people know that the Latinx "alienus"was borrowed from Ridley Scott's hit movie franchise.

BisMarckie

« Reply #56928 on: January 27, 2019, 04:43:05 PM »
Leftists? On Resetera? :neogaf

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #56929 on: January 27, 2019, 04:47:52 PM »

this is how they identify. i am not going to deadname them.  :doge

BisMarckie

« Reply #56930 on: January 27, 2019, 04:49:59 PM »
It's old legal language for non-citizens.
Lol tell me you dont actually buy into that nonsensical explanation? Because the real reason it’s used is very clear to everyone.

Kara

« Reply #56931 on: January 27, 2019, 05:05:09 PM »

Mods keep drone striking posters in the socialism thread. Critical support for the sphagnumian revolution. 🤝✊⛳

Trojita

« Reply #56932 on: January 27, 2019, 05:22:55 PM »
Latinx always makes me think of Jasonx

(Image removed from quote.)

Yup, same lol.

tuna_love

« Reply #56933 on: January 27, 2019, 05:26:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/people-tweet-shaggy-memes-to-matthew-lillard.96026/page-2#post-17296655

I'm usually into extremely online jokes but these fall flat for so many reasons. ML isn't a big name anymore, the SD movie is way outta date, and the concept in general is just played out. It seems like some small irrelevant fandom trying its damnedest to break out past its own stratosphere and into mainstream relevance.

ML not really embracing it, whether ironic or not, doesn't help either

not sure if this shaggy meme is punching up or down tbh

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #56934 on: January 27, 2019, 05:47:54 PM »
It's old legal language for non-citizens.
Lol tell me you dont actually buy into that nonsensical explanation? Because the real reason it’s used is very clear to everyone.

Classic RE argument.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #56935 on: January 27, 2019, 05:49:12 PM »
I get a feeling that the people on era arguing why illegal alien is dehumanizing is because of the alien part and not the illegal part.

:thinking

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #56936 on: January 27, 2019, 06:00:25 PM »
I get a feeling that the people on era arguing why illegal alien is dehumanizing is because of the alien part and not the illegal part.

:thinking
I have no doubt about it. This guy believes alien means non-human

"Illegal alien"

When did that become a thing?
Are they calling illegal immigrants for non-humans?

Propagandhim

« Reply #56937 on: January 27, 2019, 06:09:56 PM »
Illegal aliens built the pyramids

benjipwns

« Reply #56938 on: January 27, 2019, 06:10:20 PM »
wake up sheeple the Latinx first landed here in Roswell, New Mexico illegally!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴