Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5892519 times)

marrec

Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #57060 on: January 28, 2019, 10:46:51 AM »
"Doesn't matter if you've ever seen it"

I need a hotline to that "Alt-Right Playbook" dude cause he constantly claims that this kind of shit doesn't happen on the left

PogiJones

« Reply #57061 on: January 28, 2019, 10:47:20 AM »
Pogi-BB: Remember when I said I know a cop:

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/not-your-sheepdog/

That's a yikes for me, wolf.
FTFY.

Yeah, that one sounds like a psycho. Don't know what that has to do with you knowing a cop, though.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #57062 on: January 28, 2019, 10:48:30 AM »
60 Minutes continues to toe the line between news magazine and Public Relations arm.
wow if true

benjipwns

« Reply #57063 on: January 28, 2019, 10:49:20 AM »
lmao the explanation as to how the handmaidens tale one would work is even worse than him not explaining it:
The show is about a dystopian (emphasis on dystopian) theocratic society where much of the population has become infertile so the remaining fertile women are essentially, by order of law, made into concubines and committed to indentured sexual servitude.

Most left-leaning people like it (it's a cautionary tale that is super forthright about being a cautionary tale and not a fantasy. It's about the importance of bodily autonomy and all that). Right-leaning people are, for obvious reasons, apprehensive toward it. If someone says they've never heard of it then you need a follow up statement at some point. Hard to say exactly what that follow up would be without knowing what your social circle is like and the kind of pop culture references they might be aware of, but I think there are a lot of ways to figure out someone's political leanings without explicitly discussing politics. Whether or not they like Colbert would be an obvious one.

benjipwns

« Reply #57064 on: January 28, 2019, 10:52:29 AM »
Could I get some context on the RFK quote? Had no idea that was a borrowed phrase.
RFK ran to primary Johnson in 1968.
NOBODY CORRECTS THIS :maf

benjipwns

« Reply #57066 on: January 28, 2019, 11:00:45 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/robingaming-the-naughty-dog-agenda-an-honest-open-conversation.96135/
User banned (1 week): trolling, posting homophobic, anti-sjw topic, banned persona
THE MOD USED A SLUR IN THE BAN MESSAGE

benjipwns

« Reply #57067 on: January 28, 2019, 11:02:08 AM »
I often wonder what makes people like you wake up and be epic like this. "Yes today I will finally use that cheat sheet I found on 4chan and red pill some dumb libs on era". I can't believe being this fucking pathetic but here we are.
:delicious

benjipwns

« Reply #57068 on: January 28, 2019, 11:04:58 AM »
this is why ban bot site is so great, i would have never even glanced at this thread, but it let me know there was an OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION to view, and it's the last time anyone posted in the non-locked thread :lol
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION
This thread is for discussing the OP and related publications and opinions. Let's keep it focused on this rather than taunting others. Thanks.

I scroll up slightly, and here's Autodidact of Moderate Darling™ Fame going ham on the OP:
Not quite.

You made a thread based on the false premise that people were giving Pelosi all the credit and the unions squat even though major media outlets were either talking about the power of a strike the day before the shutdown ended or giving them credit afterward. These articles paired nicely with ones that gave Pelosi credit for what she did and did well - keeping her caucus united and refusing to pay the hostage taker.

99% of the people in this thread said, "Both parties deserve credit," with many apportioning more praise to the unions.

So you made a thread about an article that criticized something literally nobody was saying just so you could... I don't know? Knock Pelosi down a few pegs? Imply that Democrats are stealing the unions' glory? Are neoliberal shills who ignore the ~~~working class~~~? Who cares.

But people didn't bite, and now you're just searching for random-ass people at B-list or worse publications to support this idea that popular sentiment is ignoring the unions and solely, exclusively, or disproportionately crediting Pelosi.

Like a sad little fire desperately searching for oxygen to sustain itself.

I see you.

PogiJones

« Reply #57069 on: January 28, 2019, 11:05:15 AM »
Colbert was a lot better at lampooning the right through satire than what he does now.

Then again I'm a moderate, so maybe that dude's onto something.  :yeshrug

agrajag

« Reply #57070 on: January 28, 2019, 11:08:02 AM »
The Colbert show format/persona doesn't really translate to the Late Show

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #57071 on: January 28, 2019, 11:08:59 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/robingaming-the-naughty-dog-agenda-an-honest-open-conversation.96135/
User banned (1 week): trolling, posting homophobic, anti-sjw topic, banned persona

Also they banned Persona, gonna have to find somewhere else to talk about Joker in Smash.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #57072 on: January 28, 2019, 11:10:38 AM »
I thought the never admit mistakes, truthiness, BEAR WATCH, etc. stuff that really had nothing to do with "left" or "right" but was just satirizing the whole cable news cycle that we eventually now live in before it happened was his best stuff. I think he realized that too because he leaned increasingly on that and less so on being a mock conservative pundit to drive the show especially after Bush left the scene. Then he'd often just use that part of the persona for the interviews and such. I do remember a few times when he was obviously joking but the person was clearly assblasted by the fake question.

Also #CancelColbert was pretty epic, I wonder what that thread would look like on ResetERA.com. I seem to remember even NeoGAF.com of the...era...had a few people on board with it. Because HUMOR SHOULD NOT PUNCH DOWN, even though it was humor punching up. :lol

benjipwns

PogiJones

« Reply #57074 on: January 28, 2019, 11:12:04 AM »

What does "banned persona" even mean in this context? He got banned for having a banned persona?

benjipwns

« Reply #57075 on: January 28, 2019, 11:13:49 AM »
holy shit second page
Quote from: Frank O'Connor
I'm American, and reading this in native 1080p, therefore I am native American and pretty fucking offended.
the signs were there long ago :brazilcry

benjipwns

« Reply #57076 on: January 28, 2019, 11:17:39 AM »
look at this fucking troll trying to cause problems by quoting people from the internet: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-colbert-report-under-fire-for-allegedly-racist-sketch.792278/post-106065386
ferrousfellow replied to your post: Life pro tip: parodies don't get automatic immunity from being racist.

the goal of humor is to transform. if it enforces racism, then it has failed as a comedy and redoubled the very crime it had a chance to weaken.
Exactly. A "parody" whose target is an oppressed group has really missed the mark.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-colbert-report-under-fire-for-allegedly-racist-sketch.792278/post-106065851
#CancelColbert because white liberals are just as complicit in making Asian Americans into punchlines and we aren't amused.—
Suey Park (@suey_park) March 27, 2014

#CancelColbert because what he calls "sensitivity" is centuries of subordination.—

#CancelColbert because there are 19 million of us and we will not tune in for race baiting.—

#CancelColbert bc e/t I hear "Ching Chong ding dong" & the like, I relive my shame growing up w White kids who said that to me regularly.—
sui generic (@cheuya) March 28, 2014

#cancelcolbert because we're sick of their transphobia, Asian jokes, and fat shaming.—
Laura (@ClangingBells) March 28, 2014

#CancelColbert because isn't he meant to be liberal? I guess you can only expect so much from privileged white cis men.—
Sophie (@S0phiex0) March 28, 2014

Because white men get endless chances to get it right, but women of color writers are just waiting for a chance. #CancelColbert—
Suey Park (@suey_park) March 28, 2014

I'm sick of my daughter's ethnicity being a punchline. It sure wasn't funny for her when she was mocked in kindergarten. #CancelColbert—
Amy D. Cubbage (@amydcubbage) March 28, 2014

People hit asian americans hard because we have NO anti-defamation leagues in place. You will still be held accountable now. #CancelColbert—
Suey Park (@suey_park) March 28, 2014

POC deal with racism every day and the real life DEADLY effects. & this clown profits off joking about POC pain. #CancelColbert Yes, please.
— William C. Anderson (@williamcander) March 28, 2014

#CancelColbert cause we really don't need another white liberal celebrity trying to justify racism.
— sugar hiccup (@modesofsnuggle) March 28, 2014

White people–please keep #CancelColbert trending until there's an apology. This is NOT the burden of people of color. Fix it. Do something.
— Suey Park (@suey_park) March 28, 2014

Using satire that "ironically" ridicules Asians=not productive for indigenous nor any marginalized group. White humor blows. #CancelColbert
— sui generic (@cheuya) March 28, 2014

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #57077 on: January 28, 2019, 11:19:21 AM »
White people–please keep #CancelColbert trending until there's an apology. This is NOT the burden of people of color. Fix it. Do something.
— Suey Park (@suey_park) March 28, 2014

Sorry, white people were all on Christmas break. You didn't make it the first thing we saw when we came back.
©@©™

PogiJones

« Reply #57078 on: January 28, 2019, 11:19:46 AM »
I thought the never admit mistakes, truthiness, BEAR WATCH, etc. stuff that really had nothing to do with "left" or "right" but was just satirizing the whole cable news cycle that we eventually now live in before it happened was his best stuff. I think he realized that too because he leaned increasingly on that and less so on being a mock conservative pundit to drive the show especially after Bush left the scene. Then he'd often just use that part of the persona for the interviews and such. I do remember a few times when he was obviously joking but the person was clearly assblasted by the fake question.

Also #CancelColbert was pretty epic, I wonder what that thread would look like on ResetERA.com. I seem to remember even NeoGAF.com of the...era...had a few people on board with it. Because HUMOR SHOULD NOT PUNCH DOWN, even though it was humor punching up. :lol
That's true. His conservative satire was mostly just a medium through which he conveyed humor. Now (from what I've seen) he just pushes on-the-nose politics that he attempts to lace with humor. It's the opposite approach, and it doesn't do it for me anymore.

benjipwns

« Reply #57079 on: January 28, 2019, 11:20:01 AM »
My favorite ones are the ones that start throwing in their own hobbyhorse like transphobia or fat-shaming.

Actually, I take that back. My favorite ones are the ones ranting about "white humor" that's comedy gold.
Earlier in this thread I said "comedy gold" because of its historical usage not because gold is close to yellow in color and yellow is a term often negatively associated with Asians. I apologize for my uninformed views and ask forgiveness from the oriental or whatever community.
WHY HAS THE BAN JUSTICE PROJECT NOT FREED THE POSTER WHO CREATED SUCH BEAUTIFUL WORDSMITHING

benjipwns

« Reply #57080 on: January 28, 2019, 11:24:45 AM »
mainly i just want to put my avatar back up

agrajag

« Reply #57081 on: January 28, 2019, 11:25:37 AM »
once again Benji is wrong.

"Reality has a liberal bias" was a phrase he coined on the Colbert Show and he primarily lampooned right wing figured by adopting a faux right wing persona.

benjipwns

« Reply #57082 on: January 28, 2019, 11:28:08 AM »
I posted this on March 28, 2014 on NeoGAF.com:
That's just your sense of humor privilege talking. Satire is a tool of oppression.

It's been quite a near five years.

agrajag

« Reply #57083 on: January 28, 2019, 11:29:38 AM »
lmao Colbert has always been ostensibly liberal leaning

benjipwns

« Reply #57084 on: January 28, 2019, 11:32:58 AM »
I never said Colbert wasn't doing Bill O'Reilly, I was saying he added to the character, things that were not specific to mocking conservative punditry, just making him more of an overall blowhard or Ted Baxter. Colbert himself said he added some Keith Olbermann and such to his persona to keep it fresh as he didn't think the O'Reilly parody could last. And I think the show did drift away from specifically targeting O'Reilly and conservative punditry in the later years of the show because Colbert had by then created a whole complete character who had evolved past mere parody into his own creature. Sure, he was still a conservative, but lots of the aspects of the character were not deliberately mirrors of conservatives but instead parts of the Colbert character himself now.

agrajag

« Reply #57085 on: January 28, 2019, 11:35:07 AM »
that's true. But I am not talking about who his character was based on, but moreso who he was targeting. You gotta be crazy to think that if the Colbert Show was still running it wouldn't be mocking the Trump administration nonstop.

benjipwns

« Reply #57086 on: January 28, 2019, 11:36:37 AM »
omg marrec is in this colbert thread, i'm shaking

benjipwns

« Reply #57087 on: January 28, 2019, 11:43:09 AM »
that's true. But I am not talking about who his character was based on, but moreso who he was targeting. You gotta be crazy to think that if the Colbert Show was still running it wouldn't be mocking the Trump administration nonstop.
Who said otherwise? All I was saying is that Colbert made the character stronger by taking him beyond just a parody of Bill O'Reilly, giving him his own non-conservative interests like the Threat Down, the fact that what started as mere arrogance turned into him describing how every part of him was peak humanity, etc.

I don't think that Colbert character would make it today, what Colbert turned his character into is what dudes like Hannity and Lou Dobbs turned themselves into parody of. Only they're serious about it.

It's like when we try to one step further ResetERA.com and they catch up now in days instead of months or weeks. Only they're serious about it.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #57088 on: January 28, 2019, 11:44:48 AM »
marr(k) Cernovich
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #57089 on: January 28, 2019, 11:51:23 AM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57090 on: January 28, 2019, 11:55:33 AM »
The brightest minds in Poliera have it all figured out!

They now have a surefire way to determine if someone is a member of the right and should be deleted from your life.

I've made a habit the last few years of dropping leftist dog whistles in my conversations to weed these people out. Just casually saying things like "The new season of Handmaid's Tale is so good" will work miracles. Doesn't matter if you've even seen it.

Shit, I thought the show was too slow and drawn out compared to the book, so I guess I'm conservative.

I think there are a lot of ways to figure out someone's political leanings without explicitly discussing politics. Whether or not they like Colbert would be an obvious one.

Shit, I think the only good late night show has been Craig Ferguson so I guess I'm conservative.

(Image removed from quote.)

Stay safe.

I'd even say certain musical tastes can clue you in. To give an obvious example: do they think Macklemore is the only rapper with something to say? Possibly Republican. Do they think Kendrick is a genius? Probably democratic. Do they think Kendrick winning a Pulitzer is ridiculous and unironically use the phrase rap is crap? Definitely Republican.

Welp, I'm a nazi.

These hot tips start here
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot2-presidentpelosi.95742/page-32#post-17311788

I don't have a fucking clue about any of these things

Not engaging in the same media?  Probably republican
Uncle

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #57091 on: January 28, 2019, 11:56:36 AM »

What does "banned persona" even mean in this context? He got banned for having a banned persona?

I think it means the maker of the YouTube video is banned there.

marrec

« Reply #57092 on: January 28, 2019, 11:58:21 AM »
omg marrec is in this colbert thread, i'm shaking

I think I would be banned for those posts were it on ERA :-/

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #57093 on: January 28, 2019, 11:58:28 AM »
It's kinda sad they have to ban topics.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #57094 on: January 28, 2019, 12:01:11 PM »
The brightest minds in Poliera have it all figured out!

They now have a surefire way to determine if someone is a member of the right and should be deleted from your life.

I've made a habit the last few years of dropping leftist dog whistles in my conversations to weed these people out. Just casually saying things like "The new season of Handmaid's Tale is so good" will work miracles. Doesn't matter if you've even seen it.

Shit, I thought the show was too slow and drawn out compared to the book, so I guess I'm conservative.

I think there are a lot of ways to figure out someone's political leanings without explicitly discussing politics. Whether or not they like Colbert would be an obvious one.

Shit, I think the only good late night show has been Craig Ferguson so I guess I'm conservative.

Stay safe.

I'd even say certain musical tastes can clue you in. To give an obvious example: do they think Macklemore is the only rapper with something to say? Possibly Republican. Do they think Kendrick is a genius? Probably democratic. Do they think Kendrick winning a Pulitzer is ridiculous and unironically use the phrase rap is crap? Definitely Republican.

Welp, I'm a nazi.

These hot tips start here
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot2-presidentpelosi.95742/page-32#post-17311788

I don't have a fucking clue about any of these things

Not engaging in the same media?  Probably republican

This is exactly the same sort of shit racists use to separate the "good" from "bad" minorities.

These people are all miserable anti-social fucks and need to be on meds and intensive therapy.

benjipwns

« Reply #57095 on: January 28, 2019, 12:06:00 PM »
It's kinda sad they have to ban topics.
No, what's sad is they haven't banned enough topics or personas yet for women and minorities to feel safe even looking at the site.

agrajag

« Reply #57096 on: January 28, 2019, 12:09:53 PM »
Who said otherwise?

Pogi did

:bolo

benjipwns

« Reply #57097 on: January 28, 2019, 12:24:47 PM »
i don't know her

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #57098 on: January 28, 2019, 12:31:57 PM »
(she's bi)

agrajag

« Reply #57099 on: January 28, 2019, 12:36:13 PM »

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #57100 on: January 28, 2019, 12:38:01 PM »
My trick is to ask where Wakanda is on a map. Can’t find it? Totes Republican.
Oi Oi

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57102 on: January 28, 2019, 12:44:00 PM »

I think it means the maker of the YouTube video is banned there.

I can't find a list of this shit

their general FAQ has a list of banned games, sure

As a general measuring stick, if a game is not appropriate for broadcast on Twitch it is unlikely to be appropriate here. Games that Valve hides on Steam by default due to "adult only sexual content" are also prohibited. Do not discuss these games or create threads about them. Other games will only be considered for this list if the staff receives a complaint from the community. After review, the following games have also been prohibited:

Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library
Gal Gun
Hatred
Huniepop
Monster Monpiece
Negligee: Love Stories
Omega Labyrinth Z
Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal
Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura
Super Seducer: How to Talk to Girls
Super Seducer 2
Tits N Tanks

but how the hell do I know which people I'm not allowed to talk about???
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57103 on: January 28, 2019, 12:44:09 PM »
I see Jim Sterling threads continue to be immune from "Don't just post a video as your OP you lazy fucking chimp"
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-jimquisition-kingdom-hearts-is-stupid-gibberish.96191/post-17324266
Quote from: entirety of OP outside of as youtube link

when literally yesterday...
https://www.resetera.com/threads/social-justice-can-be-a-clout-game-heres-how-to-avoid-it-leftist-analysis-angie-speaks.96122/post-17311522
Quote from: SweetNicole
If you want to make an OP based on a video don't just drop a link and call it a day. Tell us why you think the video deserves discussion.

Hey, maybe I'm being unfair, maybe SweetNicole just didn't see this topic and therefore any inconsistency in moderation is just down to indiv..
Is this a copypasta? Kinda smells like one
Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from this thread. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is KH3 plot a mess? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the plot is awful. I want a future to believe in. I want Nomura to be CEO and make KH3 great. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought the story was easy to understand???? This is so fucked.

Oh, just straight copypasta meme shitposting.
I see.

:itagaki

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57104 on: January 28, 2019, 12:47:17 PM »
I guess era mods know that jim sterling fans, like the war they're based on, are incapable of doing anything more than c+ping other peoples opinions to substitute any attempt at thinking for themself

benjipwns

« Reply #57105 on: January 28, 2019, 12:50:43 PM »
until like two weeks ago i assumed jim sterling was a gamergator and never understood why ResetERA.com had threads for his every video

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57107 on: January 28, 2019, 12:56:48 PM »
until like two weeks ago i assumed jim sterling was a gamergator and never understood why ResetERA.com had threads for his every video

Uncle

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #57108 on: January 28, 2019, 12:57:03 PM »
the "chad meme" is kinda funny to me because all the real Chads I've ever known were all gross losers and not in the fun The Bire way, but that guy, that guy right there is a total Chad

The only Chad I know is a pretty friendly, easygoing 400lb dude.
^_^

benjipwns

« Reply #57109 on: January 28, 2019, 12:59:46 PM »
An important reminder

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-reminder-publishers-can-generate-steam-keys-for-free-and-sell-them-anywhere-they-please-0-cut.96236/
Not sure this cut is justified. Valve should be paying these pubs and devs for selling outside of Steam.
what is this i can't even

benjipwns

« Reply #57110 on: January 28, 2019, 01:01:01 PM »
So the question is: why don't they? Why are there not more smaller developers offering their games directly on their own website with the choice of an executable or a link to a Steam key? Is it too much hassle? Are they scared they won't get visibility if they're not for sale directly on Steam?
They are, pal.

agrajag

« Reply #57111 on: January 28, 2019, 01:01:13 PM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57112 on: January 28, 2019, 01:02:12 PM »
Is that a giant steam key on his arm
Uncle

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #57115 on: January 28, 2019, 01:04:31 PM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57117 on: January 28, 2019, 01:05:37 PM »

He was what everybody would immediately imagine the very exemplar of an incel is.
You can Choose Your Own Adventure on whether his change of heart was down to finding someone seemingly willing to do sex things with him, deciding there was more money to be made from the ess jay dubyas, or landing on the right side of history by being anti ethics in journalism.

benjipwns

« Reply #57118 on: January 28, 2019, 01:06:05 PM »
SECRETLY
The meeting was revealed in Ford's appointment calendar for October and November....

CBC News cannot find any record of Ford or Peterson publicly mentioning that their Oct. 18 meeting took place.

jorma

« Reply #57119 on: January 28, 2019, 01:06:42 PM »
An important reminder

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-reminder-publishers-can-generate-steam-keys-for-free-and-sell-them-anywhere-they-please-0-cut.96236/
Not sure this cut is justified. Valve should be paying these pubs and devs for selling outside of Steam.
what is this i can't even

i'm pretty sure that dardan just leveled up in his trolling game