Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5898429 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #57180 on: January 28, 2019, 03:23:18 PM »
Be respectful of the fact that others may have different storefront preferences.

:dead :dead :dead

I can't
©@©™

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #57181 on: January 28, 2019, 03:23:36 PM »
User Warned: Threadwhining, Posting in Bad Faith

Take 1000 of the KH story is a mess. He wants clicks and nothing else. Not even going to waste my time watching his video.
???

benjipwns

« Reply #57182 on: January 28, 2019, 03:25:04 PM »
Be respectful of the fact that others may have different storefront preferences.

I can't
don't be storefrontphobic :wag

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #57183 on: January 28, 2019, 03:25:38 PM »

I still can't figure if the mods are trolling the users or vice versa.

I can't
don't be storefrontphobic :wag

Storephrobic?

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #57184 on: January 28, 2019, 03:27:43 PM »
I have trouble with faces.

That’s what she said

benjipwns

« Reply #57185 on: January 28, 2019, 03:28:55 PM »
remember when a Steam thread wasn't allowed because it's not a platform, but now you have to respect others storefront preferences :thinking

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57186 on: January 28, 2019, 03:35:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-incels-are-a-real-and-present-threat-for-canadians.96089/post-17336875

CBC's Fifth Estate had a piece about incels last night. The Lone Wolf
They talked with one of them who made a music video that praised Alek Minassian, the Toronto van mass murderer. The reporter apparently talked with the guy for 3 hours and got him to change his views about the toxic social media he was frequenting. He deleted his music video and is no longer part of that incel scene.

Just talking to these guys and getting them away from that toxic atmosphere makes a difference. Shutting down these terrible social media sites should be a priority.

Just waiting for one of the usual suspects to show up and call this guy a liar because discussion and empathy never solves anything, the only solution is hatred and condemnation

benjipwns

« Reply #57187 on: January 28, 2019, 03:39:42 PM »
Yet again:
It´s basically a mishmash of two core problems, a lot of lonely people and a lot of toxic garbage online that leads to radicalization.

First step should be deplatforming. Crack down on these incel sites and forums. There is no reason why any of those should exist. If there is less exposure to this kind of ideology there will be less people affected.

Second step is to help people that have problems and mental health issues. There needs to be a far bigger focus on metal health in general.
Step one: validate all their wacko theories and eliminate the few support systems they do have.

Step two: get everyone better mental health help.

PogiJones

« Reply #57188 on: January 28, 2019, 03:53:43 PM »
that's true. But I am not talking about who his character was based on, but moreso who he was targeting. You gotta be crazy to think that if the Colbert Show was still running it wouldn't be mocking the Trump administration nonstop.
Who said otherwise?

Pogi did

:bolo

I even said in my first post he was lampooning conservatives. What I agreed with Benji about was the shift in primary purpose. He mocked conservatives with the primary purpose to channel his funny. Now he mocks conservatives and dresses it with some limited humor for the primary purpose of mocking conservatives. IMO, humor was first and foremost on Colbert Report, even though the right was always the target. Now politics seems to be first and foremost.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #57189 on: January 28, 2019, 03:54:15 PM »
 :no1curr

PogiJones

« Reply #57190 on: January 28, 2019, 03:56:48 PM »
It's like how RE thinks they should use their position as a fairly big gaming site to push for social change. Gaming takes a back seat to politics.

FStop7

« Reply #57191 on: January 28, 2019, 04:14:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lol-howard-shultz-wants-to-be-president.96154/page-3#post-17338581

The entirety of the American political spectrum is more right-leaning than the majority of the world

So certain of that, isn't he  :lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-majority-of-americans-consider-someone-making-100k-yr-rich-what-the-f.96273/

Oh this thread's going to go over well
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 04:20:56 PM by FStop7 »

benjipwns

« Reply #57192 on: January 28, 2019, 04:16:22 PM »
while Obama specifically didn't "work with Nazis", he often found compromise from the same party that demonized him and later supported said Nazis
:whew

agrajag

« Reply #57193 on: January 28, 2019, 04:18:52 PM »
that's true. But I am not talking about who his character was based on, but moreso who he was targeting. You gotta be crazy to think that if the Colbert Show was still running it wouldn't be mocking the Trump administration nonstop.
Who said otherwise?

Pogi did

:bolo

I even said in my first post he was lampooning conservatives. What I agreed with Benji about was the shift in primary purpose. He mocked conservatives with the primary purpose to channel his funny. Now he mocks conservatives and dresses it with some limited humor for the primary purpose of mocking conservatives. IMO, humor was first and foremost on Colbert Report, even though the right was always the target. Now politics seems to be first and foremost.

shut up and agree with me that you're wrong Pogi   :maf

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #57194 on: January 28, 2019, 04:44:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-majority-of-americans-consider-someone-making-100k-yr-rich-what-the-f.96273/

Rich people don't have to worry about money whereas a college grad making low six-figures still has to budget, save, finance cars etc. etc.

Oh fuck off with this shit.  Yeah, trying to survive on minimum wage sucks, but I was able to do fine for myself once I got some real experience and was able to get jobs around $12/hour, which is a little under $25K a year.  Of course, I didn't have the latest iPhone, all the new games, was eating within a budget and cooking at home, living in a small apartment, etc. If you're not an idiot and don't run up huge high interest credit card payments, $100K a year is more than enough to live well outside of inflated places like Manhattan.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57195 on: January 28, 2019, 04:47:31 PM »
It's like how RE thinks they should use their position as a fairly big gaming site to push for social change. Gaming takes a back seat to politics.

They don't want to change shit, they just want carte blanche to act like a cunt to people online while pretending they're fighting the good fight, not just being an obnoxious miserable shit like they wanted to be anyway.

Eras dirty little secret is that they couldn't be fucking happier Trump got the presidency, it gives them a daily dose of fauxtrage.

benjipwns

« Reply #57196 on: January 28, 2019, 04:50:16 PM »
It's probably in part because wages have stagnated. 100k isn't going to get you what it did 20-30 years ago
what

benjipwns

« Reply #57197 on: January 28, 2019, 04:51:33 PM »
It's not rich.

Rich means you don't have to work – at all.
neat

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #57198 on: January 28, 2019, 04:54:11 PM »
If I was making $100k, I'd be rolling in Vita games. :success

Oh wait, I already am. #blessed 
©@©™

PogiJones

« Reply #57199 on: January 28, 2019, 04:54:37 PM »

They don't want to change shit, they just want carte blanche to act like a cunt to people online while pretending they're fighting the good fight, not just being an obnoxious miserable shit like they wanted to be anyway.

Eras dirty little secret is that they couldn't be fucking happier Trump got the presidency, it gives them a daily dose of fauxtrage.

Yeah, that might be a more proper framing for the userbase.

But I think the staff thinks it's a City Upon The Hill to be admired by all:

Quote from: Cerium
If you are new to our community, we welcome you with open arms. What we ask is that you be aware of our history, of what we went through to get here, and what values we cannot compromise on. Women, minorities, and LGBTQ have all played key roles in making ResetEra happen. This is a place where their concerns can be aired without fear of intimidation or petty sniping. This is a place where respect and decency will always matter.

We cannot police the whole internet, but we can set standards for our community. If those standards were unclear before, we expect they are no longer. This is who we are.

This is ResetEra.

That "This is ResetEra." gets me every time.

BisMarckie

« Reply #57200 on: January 28, 2019, 04:56:14 PM »
be aware of our history, of what we went through to get here

:popular

PogiJones

« Reply #57201 on: January 28, 2019, 04:56:29 PM »
This is a place where respect and decency will always matter.

:holeup Cerium a "nice warrior"? Alt-right dogwhistle from the Admins? No wonder there's a mass migration of women and minorities away from ResetEra.com.

PogiJones

« Reply #57202 on: January 28, 2019, 04:59:20 PM »
Can you imagine a self-righteous spiel that ends with "This is r/gaming."

benjipwns

« Reply #57203 on: January 28, 2019, 05:01:15 PM »
This is a place where their concerns can be aired without fear of intimidation or petty sniping.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #57204 on: January 28, 2019, 05:02:27 PM »
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION

Please list all of your alt accounts, off-site accounts and personal address and information when contacting mod captains. This is to ensure that your information is kept safe with the admins.

With the great idea of the "Mod Captain" rank, why not rebrand "Admins" as "Admirals"?

we have ERA CLEAR (lol sounds like an acne medication tbqh) we need ERA SEA ORG too

PogiJones

« Reply #57205 on: January 28, 2019, 05:08:08 PM »
It's probably in part because wages have stagnated. 100k isn't going to get you what it did 20-30 years ago
what

No, they're actually right.

https://www.measuringworth.com/calculators/ppowerus/

$100k in 1980 bought you a lot more goods than $100k in 2019.

EDIT: Guess I should have done 1990 or 2000, but it still holds true.

PogiJones

« Reply #57206 on: January 28, 2019, 05:09:29 PM »
This is a place where their concerns can be aired without fear of intimidation or petty sniping.

That's the key word.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #57207 on: January 28, 2019, 05:16:11 PM »

As a poor motherfucker, that thread was hilarious to read.

I like the locations deflections though... maybe the fact that you live in a decent house in San Fran in the first place, is a sign you're rich? ;)
If someone from a 3rd world country called me rich, because i have running water and internet, i wouldn't argue against it.

FStop7

« Reply #57208 on: January 28, 2019, 05:23:25 PM »

As a poor motherfucker, that thread was hilarious to read.

I like the locations deflections though... maybe the fact that you live in a decent house in San Fran in the first place, is a sign you're rich? ;)
If someone from a 3rd world country called me rich, because i have running water and internet, i wouldn't argue against it.

It's a discussion that requires a lot of context and nuance, both of which are signs of being alt right Nazis in resetera land.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #57209 on: January 28, 2019, 05:23:53 PM »
If I was making $100k, I'd be rolling in Vita games. :success

Oh wait, I already am. #blessed

the lord truly blessed us with the sony playstation vita.

thetylerrob

« Reply #57210 on: January 28, 2019, 05:26:22 PM »
Someone who knows economy explain to me, do ps4 games cost $180 in California?

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #57211 on: January 28, 2019, 05:27:46 PM »
Someone who knows economy explain to me, do ps4 games cost $180 in California?

it's called inflation and capitalism.

thetylerrob

« Reply #57212 on: January 28, 2019, 05:33:41 PM »
I may be distinguished mentally-challenged here but if your wages go up with the cost living (rent, bills, etc) isn't all that other shit that isn't regionally priced a lot cheaper? That's all I'd like to know thank you.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57213 on: January 28, 2019, 05:39:43 PM »
what

(Image removed from quote.)

Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57214 on: January 28, 2019, 05:40:54 PM »
If you are new to our community, we welcome you with open arms. What we ask is that you be aware of our history, of what we went through to get here, and what values we cannot compromise on. Women, minorities, and LGBTQ have all played key roles in making ResetEra happen. This is a place where their concerns can be aired without fear of intimidation or petty sniping. This is a place where respect and decency will always matter.

We cannot police the whole internet, but we can set standards for our community. If those standards were unclear before, we expect they are no longer. This is who we are.

This is ResetEra.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57215 on: January 28, 2019, 05:53:12 PM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57216 on: January 28, 2019, 05:54:13 PM »
I may be distinguished mentally-challenged here but if your wages go up with the cost living (rent, bills, etc) isn't all that other shit that isn't regionally priced a lot cheaper? That's all I'd like to know thank you.

Yeah I was just talking about this with some people the other day

Income taxes vary by state just like living expenses, often in the same way, more costly in richer areas

You're making almost $10,000 a month but maybe paying 2-4000 a month for rent

Then someone in the midwest makes $3000 a month but maybe pays 5-700 a month for rent, similar ratio

But you're both paying the same $300 for that sweet, sweet Nintendo Switch  :rejoice
Uncle

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #57217 on: January 28, 2019, 05:58:21 PM »
The Retired Expat move.

benjipwns

« Reply #57218 on: January 28, 2019, 06:06:49 PM »
what

No, they're wrong, it has nothing to do with wages stagnating. Inflation is a separate unrelated mechanism. I won't even get into the things not available for purchase 30 years ago.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #57219 on: January 28, 2019, 06:34:57 PM »
What I always enjoy about "budget" discussions on ResetEra the artist formerly known as NeoGAF.

"I'm sticking with my Wii U, I can't afford to buy a Xbox One for $199. I'm playing my Wii U on my PC monitor because I can't really afford a TV. I literally only have money for about 3 video games a year."

*posts picture of 40+ Amiibo collection*
🤴

skullstorm

« Reply #57220 on: January 28, 2019, 06:59:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/report-mueller-investigation-close-to-being-done.96287/post-17343782

Why don't you find one of those reports and back up your whataboutism for your 39th post after one year.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #57221 on: January 28, 2019, 07:01:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/five-police-officers-shot-in-houston-tx.96299/

One of my best friends growing up is a Houston cop. We drifted apart for political reasons, but I hope he's okay.

Paging RedMercury, Paging RedMercury.  A person is showing concern over a disgusting Nazi, Minority-killer.
sigh

PogiJones

« Reply #57222 on: January 28, 2019, 07:10:50 PM »

This is ResetEra.

You know that's not true. That "What I really do" shows them outdoors.

PogiJones

« Reply #57223 on: January 28, 2019, 07:15:14 PM »
what

No, they're wrong, it has nothing to do with wages stagnating. Inflation is a separate unrelated mechanism. I won't even get into the things not available for purchase 30 years ago.
Alright, I thought your "what" was in response to "100k isn't going to get you what it did 20-30 years ago". And that's a true statement. You're right that wages stagnating is a different thing.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #57224 on: January 28, 2019, 07:17:19 PM »
From the socialism thread
It’s getting obvious that we’re being stamped out one-by-one. The dream goal for ERA’s administration is trying to make an HQ for centre-left types that wouldn’t dare think of criticizing the bourgeoise liberalism that got us into this political hell.

Shit, even GAF wasn’t afraid to push back on neolib bullshit when Bernie was running.

Besides the fact that this is probably true, I think it's mega ironic that the historical development of this thread has ended in paranoia about account assassinations, as well as advice to never enter a room without a friend

Thread skews ultra-leftist / libsoc, so I guess it's ironic that they ended up like groups to their right, but you probably didn't mean ironic that way.

#HandsOff sphagnumia.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #57225 on: January 28, 2019, 07:19:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/report-mueller-investigation-close-to-being-done.96287/post-17343782

Why don't you find one of those reports and back up your whataboutism for your 39th post after one year.

My life seems to alternate around "The Mueller investigation is almost done" and "The next Nintendo Direct is due any day now"

:dead
🤴

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #57226 on: January 28, 2019, 07:20:56 PM »
Anytime wages are discussed on Ree, some dipshit mentions the high cost of living in CA and NYC like he cracked a fucking code.
Oi Oi

thetylerrob

« Reply #57227 on: January 28, 2019, 08:31:20 PM »
Trust me brehs I listen to the giant bombcast, I know how tough it is in the Bay Area

BikeJesus

« Reply #57228 on: January 28, 2019, 08:45:46 PM »
remember when a Steam thread wasn't allowed because it's not a platform, but now you have to respect others storefront preferences :thinking

I like how Steam was shoved into a catch-all PC gaming thread, but now Epic Games Store has its own dedicated thread.

Also, I laughed quite a bit at this post from the Steam free key generation thread:

Not only does Steam not let you use their servers and all of the benefits of Steam for 100% free without listing your game on Steam, Gabe doesn't even come to your house and perform weekly fellatio. Frankly, it's unjustified.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #57229 on: January 28, 2019, 09:12:03 PM »
Who's the mod or mods to talk to about some less than stellar moderating practices?

User Banned (permanent): Abuse of the contact system, Inflammatory PM's towards staff, troll account

https://www.resetera.com/threads/who-to-reach-to-here-about-subpar-moderating-incidents.96157/#post-17319448

Transparency
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 12:20:34 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #57230 on: January 28, 2019, 09:38:09 PM »
kirblar and piecake tag-teaming to stan for maduro's ouster is actually kind of gross
每天生气

Bounceounce

« Reply #57232 on: January 28, 2019, 11:23:15 PM »
Resetera has coronated Kamala Harris.
Primary season will be incredible.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #57233 on: January 29, 2019, 12:22:17 AM »
Feel good story.  A unpaid prison guard cries on NPR about not being able to afford a present for his childs b-day.  Many listeners call in to find his address and sen him money

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/24/688372788/how-the-government-shutdown-is-affecting-this-louisiana-town

If that were posted on ERA how long would it take to call it racist?
sigh

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #57234 on: January 29, 2019, 12:22:56 AM »
Resetera has coronated Kamala Harris.
Primary season will be incredible.

can i get a YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS QUEEN!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:shaking
[close]

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #57235 on: January 29, 2019, 12:36:46 AM »
Fake GAF likes throwing people in prison and assessing wildly inappropriate sentences to defendants so getting on the Kamala Harris hype train is very on brand.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #57236 on: January 29, 2019, 01:44:48 AM »
Fake GAF likes throwing people in prison and assessing wildly inappropriate sentences to defendants so getting on the Kamala Harris hype train is very on brand.

I thought the sentences part was in reference to the ban messages at first.

:girlaff

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #57237 on: January 29, 2019, 02:57:48 AM »
User Warned: Inflammatory storefront commentary
Sad to see Metro Exodus was delayed until Feb 2020. At least that will give 4A time to iron out that crippling Epic bug!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/metro-exodus-for-pc-a-timed-exclusive-for-the-epic-store-steam-preorders-honoured-physical-copy-with-epic-key-thread-update-see-threadmark.96225/post-17352015

:rofl
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

BisMarckie

« Reply #57238 on: January 29, 2019, 03:46:28 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/boston-red-sox-will-visit-trump-first-team-to-visit-since-2017.84880

Good to see that GAF's irrational hatred for Boston is alive and well at Resetti, despite the thread being based on something that is false.

Celebrate them choosing to meet the head Nazi? Nah. A cool honor is celebrating with the fans that you won the world series, or meeting a president who isn't a Nazi.

Checkmate. :smug

jorma

« Reply #57239 on: January 29, 2019, 04:03:46 AM »
Quote from: Kitsunelaine, post: 17356294, member: 3829
"move the party further left"

"no not like that, we want our guy"

i love feeling pure schadenfreude

Politics are tribal. Other candidates are a threat to the tribe. It's not confusing at all-- especially when Bernie was very populist.

I don't think it's possible to project harder than this. jfc