Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5878781 times)

Jansen

Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #57420 on: January 29, 2019, 10:33:57 PM »
 :crybaby

Fucking valvetards

I am enjoying all the tears tho  :playa

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #57421 on: January 29, 2019, 10:34:26 PM »
It doesn't even have a search function!
dog

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #57422 on: January 29, 2019, 10:37:16 PM »
And all the people crying about it not being on Steam aren't manchildren? come on now

"No steam, no sale" absolutely pathetic

It's not even like you have to buy another system LMAO

Found the person who has UPlay installed.   ;)

Jansen

« Reply #57423 on: January 29, 2019, 10:40:27 PM »
And all the people crying about it not being on Steam aren't manchildren? come on now

I haven't played a game on PC since Xenoblade Chronicles came out

BisMarckie

« Reply #57424 on: January 29, 2019, 10:44:43 PM »
I rarely buy games when they come out, so I don't really care about timed exclusives.

One more launcher doesn't really bother me either. I'll gladly take their free games :trumps
Just don't have every launcher running and use playnite.link.

kingv

« Reply #57425 on: January 29, 2019, 10:46:10 PM »

-Metro was sold anywhere on PC w/ some places offering it for like $40 in the US. ~$20 in other countries. It's now sold for $50 on Epic.
-It also can't be sold on Humble for any charity bundles like all the other Metro games, and the devs can't sell keys directly to third-party sites for 100% rev. Meaning no 80% off sales on sites like GMG.
-People who already preordered it/paid for it/expected it on Steam got it yoinked 2 weeks in advance
-Steam is a really good platform that has Linux support. Epic, despite being owned by Tencent, lacks even a search button
-With an open market you could choose where you wanted your shit, and you could have also had it available on Epic...now you're required to have another, worse launcher taking up RAM

It's not that deep, if you're a consumer you're just getting fucked over on your end with no benefits whatsoever while GFWL 4.0 tries taking control of PC games.

Steam is honoring the Metro Exodus preorders and keys already sold.

It will be back on steam in a year,  ready for Humble Bundles (which honestly it was not going to be part of a humble bundle much sooner than that anyway).

Edit: not necessarily saying it’s a great situation, but it could be worse.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 10:53:35 PM by kingv »

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #57426 on: January 29, 2019, 11:04:02 PM »

-Metro was sold anywhere on PC w/ some places offering it for like $40 in the US. ~$20 in other countries. It's now sold for $50 on Epic.
-It also can't be sold on Humble for any charity bundles like all the other Metro games, and the devs can't sell keys directly to third-party sites for 100% rev. Meaning no 80% off sales on sites like GMG.
-People who already preordered it/paid for it/expected it on Steam got it yoinked 2 weeks in advance
-Steam is a really good platform that has Linux support. Epic, despite being owned by Tencent, lacks even a search button
-With an open market you could choose where you wanted your shit, and you could have also had it available on Epic...now you're required to have another, worse launcher taking up RAM

It's not that deep, if you're a consumer you're just getting fucked over on your end with no benefits whatsoever while GFWL 4.0 tries taking control of PC games.

Steam is honoring the Metro Exodus preorders and keys already sold.

It will be back on steam in a year,  ready for Humble Bundles (which honestly it was not going to be part of a humble bundle much sooner than that anyway).

Edit: not necessarily saying it’s a great situation, but it could be worse.

I think people are mad because the Epic Games Store seems half baked as well. Just like Fortnite, they made the actual game store be in early access.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #57427 on: January 29, 2019, 11:23:23 PM »
Doesn't at all mean that nothing happened but:

https://twitter.com/AJGuglielmi/status/1090463918286360576

:thinking

BikeJesus

« Reply #57428 on: January 29, 2019, 11:29:01 PM »
It doesn't matter if he faked a hate crime, what matters is the discussion that took place. And even if it was faked, this same thing happens all the time, everyday.

You ain't slick.

BikeJesus

« Reply #57429 on: January 30, 2019, 12:01:02 AM »
Can't you see the important discourse that has resulted from this?

Without being hyperbolic, these assholes need to be blown from a gun and their family charged a bullet fee.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #57430 on: January 30, 2019, 12:05:12 AM »
I watched The Green Book tonight.  It's a nice movie but it sure as fuck doesn't deserve an oscar for shit and Viggo getting a Actor nom while his ≥ partner Mahershala Ali gets a supporting actor nom is BS. (black dude is better, I forget my crocodile mouth math.)  The cherry on top was this trailer that played before the movie.

Sam Rockwell plays the local leader of the KKK who becomes friends with a black lady (Ann Atwater) over school segregation.   (Wow, Rockwell playing a bigot again after Three Billboards, you ain't slick, I see you.)

Era is gonna freak!

:rage :exxy :rage :exxy

This shit never happens.  Except when it does because it's a true story.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 12:13:29 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

BikeJesus

« Reply #57431 on: January 30, 2019, 12:07:51 AM »
I watched The Green Mile recently and he is in it as well and calls the big black fellow a distinguished gentleman.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #57432 on: January 30, 2019, 12:36:15 AM »
Also the Switch guy who derailed the Steam thread/banned a bunch of longtime members until the community got closed:

(Image removed from quote.)

Literally: Who?

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #57433 on: January 30, 2019, 12:38:52 AM »
Problems with epic games store:

2. tim sweeney is a whiny little bitch crying about windoze, depsite the entire lower half of his body (40%) being owned by tencent/CPC, then thinks the best way for him to correct things is to make another walled garden. to quote the top minds of ree: "stem people are probably stupider than most liberal arts students. go read a book, like the the one about the most shocking and controversial wars by Hobbes".
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #57434 on: January 30, 2019, 12:49:58 AM »

Hey, I have Uplay installed for Assassin's Creed and Tom Clancy's The Division/Splinter Cell!

There's dozens of us! Dozens!!!

2. tim sweeney is a whiny little bitch crying about windoze, depsite the entire lower half of his body (40%) being owned by tencent/CPC, then thinks the best way for him to correct things is to make another walled garden. to quote the top minds of ree: "stem people are probably stupider than most liberal arts students. go read a book, like the the one about the most shocking and controversial wars by Hobbes".

Being fair: That's justified. See: Windows 10 S-mode.

However, instead of Epic helping Gabe and crew with Proton, they decide to do a shitty store-front for their Chinese masters (probably fuel'd by SteamSpy being gimped by Valve because publishers didn't like having "70% accurate sales-data", because like NPD we can't let consumers see how badly shit like Battlefield bombed/not bombed!).

If Epic and Valve actually fucking worked together to get Linux gaming to not be shit, I'd be thrilled because at least then Microsoft would have to fucking worry about their OS being shit. But right now only Valve is the one trying to make that shit possible, to where Sweeney will bitch bitch bitch but show nothing from that bitching.

Ergo: Fuck Epic's game store and fuck Epic. They've been dead since the mid-90's when they dropped "Megagames" from their fucking name.

Also 21337 find me the SteamGAF discord because fuck making an *autistic screeching* account just for that discord so I can actually have SteamGAF back.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #57435 on: January 30, 2019, 02:44:21 AM »

It's perfectly reasonable for large platforms to be suspect of Microsoft and Windows. I applaud Valve's continued effort to support Steam on Linux, and promoting developers to use cross-platform compatible technologies. With the movement away from DirectX to Vulkan it will be far easier to support all relevant platforms (MacOS users are not people) at launch. Unfortunately despite Tim's anti-Microsoft stance, the Epic Game Store will not be supporting Linux. This is a step back as Metro Last Light supported GNU/Loonix, and now Metro Exodus won't even have the option of supporting Richard Stallman's GNU+Loonix.

Ultimately the inconvenience of fracturing game stores promotes piracy, which is perfectly fine from my perspective. Install Gentoo.

this post was brought to you by the Free Software Foundation, to learn more:

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #57436 on: January 30, 2019, 03:26:58 AM »

gee, a consolefag talking out of his ass about PC gaming and PC users...

:journo

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #57437 on: January 30, 2019, 05:21:17 AM »
I like how Epic is owned by Tencent. A true nickel and dime store.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #57438 on: January 30, 2019, 05:25:21 AM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #57439 on: January 30, 2019, 05:26:07 AM »
Without being hyperbolic, these assholes need to be blown from a gun and their family charged a bullet fee.

This is fucking horrible I'm so mad
You should be. Everyone should be. We should all keep this in mind the next time a white person uses the word "civility."

One's sexuality no longer guarantees that a person thinks or acts in the best interests of LGBTQ people.

Did it ever ?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 05:33:13 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #57440 on: January 30, 2019, 05:43:54 AM »
So when can the American public storm that White House and drag his ass out? I think y'all are way past waiting for your own government to do the right thing and kick his ass out.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/trump-is-watching-sicario-day-of-the-soldado-and-spreading-it-as-real-news-rachel-maddow-piece.96523/page-3#post-17392353

Typically ousting is a freeform affair, there's no "when" to wait for.
ὕβρις

Jansen

« Reply #57441 on: January 30, 2019, 06:25:53 AM »

Aw does the lil crybaby gaben fuckboi need a tissue

jorma

« Reply #57442 on: January 30, 2019, 06:37:31 AM »

Aw does the lil crybaby gaben fuckboi need a tissue

jesus, how can you waste that much negative energy on an issue you don't even have any stake in? weird as fuck.

did gaben fuck your mom in front of your dad or something? if so i understand and apologise.

Jansen

« Reply #57443 on: January 30, 2019, 06:43:20 AM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57444 on: January 30, 2019, 06:49:56 AM »

It's perfectly reasonable for large platforms to be suspect of Microsoft and Windows. I applaud Valve's continued effort to support Steam on Linux, and promoting developers to use cross-platform compatible technologies. With the movement away from DirectX to Vulkan it will be far easier to support all relevant platforms (MacOS users are not people) at launch. Unfortunately despite Tim's anti-Microsoft stance, the Epic Game Store will not be supporting Linux. This is a step back as Metro Last Light supported GNU/Loonix, and now Metro Exodus won't even have the option of supporting Richard Stallman's GNU+Loonix.

Ultimately the inconvenience of fracturing game stores promotes piracy, which is perfectly fine from my perspective. Install Gentoo.

this post was brought to you by the Free Software Foundation, to learn more:

Were there any further developments on that Linux code of conduct thing?  Where a bunch of longtime problematic devs were suddenly getting roasted and threatening to tear the whole thing down because a bunch of the code is their own?
Uncle

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #57445 on: January 30, 2019, 07:12:52 AM »
 :drudge Benji :drudge

Hobbes
Freelance Games Journalist

Like the war it’s based on, MP1st suffered a great blow :salute
Margs

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57446 on: January 30, 2019, 07:50:10 AM »
I would recommend that he consider educating himself on the methods used to program software
Uncle

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #57447 on: January 30, 2019, 07:53:06 AM »
The more market share Valve loses the sooner they will be forced to make Half-life 3!
Oi Oi

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #57448 on: January 30, 2019, 08:51:04 AM »
I try to avoid Steam as much as i can tbh, though they make it real hard sometimes.
I prefer GOG, because i don't want to have to phone the president every time i want to play offline, or share my library with family/friend.

That said, also fuck all these tiny companies thinking they need their own launcher.
I mean R* releases a game every 8 years (and on PC, double that time frame), do they really need their own fucking thing?

Snoopycat_

« Reply #57449 on: January 30, 2019, 08:56:39 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/40-of-americans-only-one-paycheck-away-from-poverty.96571/#post-17395465

When you live your life as a perpetual child saving money seems like an impossible achievement that only the elite can achieve

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57450 on: January 30, 2019, 09:46:10 AM »
Can we please have a thread revisiting the Blurred Lines video?

This might be peak Weird Al

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57451 on: January 30, 2019, 09:46:56 AM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57452 on: January 30, 2019, 09:52:36 AM »
Here's why that Metro thing is bullshit;

imagine you have a new album from a band you like on preorder, and its been pimped on wherever you usually buy music from for a fucking year now, lets say Amazon, and you like buying your shit on amazon because you get autoplay MP3s, you got your prime membership already, you got some store credit you can use to pay it off, you use a Fire TV stick and it works well with your Amazon music library, whatever.

Now fucking Tidal show up 2 weeks before release and announce they've locked that shit down as a Tidal exclusive for a year, and the only fucking way to listen to that new album is by installing Tidal, you can't add it to your existing library or use your preferred MP3 player, because Tidal did a backroom deal to lock that shit up exclusively to try and get people using Tidal, because nobody gives a fuck about Tidal.
And its not the band who wanted that deal, or the record label who wanted that deal - it was the bands manager, because they got a personal kickback to do that deal. The Label and the band both want their shit available as widely as possible.

There's your fucking epic game store console morans

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #57453 on: January 30, 2019, 10:02:23 AM »
sounds like an album i'd pirate and listen to just fine without throwing a tantrum about it

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57454 on: January 30, 2019, 10:05:18 AM »
sounds like an album i'd pirate and listen to just fine without throwing a tantrum about it

Its an album ill pick up on deep discount in a years time, and I'll say Tidal are being dicks here, but I'm not gonna cry about it.
I'm also not gonna shed any tears when a bunch of people do just torrent that album instead of buying it.

e:
Because there's plenty of music available that doesn't need me to install Tidal

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57455 on: January 30, 2019, 10:08:28 AM »
lol lol crie more amazon music stans lol also they should port tidal to the switch
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57456 on: January 30, 2019, 10:21:05 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-youre-gonna-tell-the-guy-with-the-four-thousand-dollar-vidya-collection-theyre-bad-with-money-come-on.96571/

this whole thread is amazing, literally everyone I know whos come from a poor background are super fucking careful about having a rainy day nest egg, because they know what poor actually looks like, and it isn't crying about having to give up one of your multiple monthly entertainment subscription services

e:
although tbf i am yuropeen and our version of Breaking Bad is a guy gets diagnosed with cancer so gets treatment for it on the communist healthcare system

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57457 on: January 30, 2019, 10:33:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ny-times-can-we-finally-stop-talking-about-%E2%80%98male%E2%80%99-and-%E2%80%98female%E2%80%99-brains.96548/post-17398752

NYT: Can We Finally Stop Talking About ‘Male’ and ‘Female’ Brains?
ResetERA: Well, actually.

I didn't know ResetEra had so many phrenologist posters.

:doge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #57458 on: January 30, 2019, 10:43:09 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-youre-gonna-tell-the-guy-with-the-four-thousand-dollar-vidya-collection-theyre-bad-with-money-come-on.96571/

this whole thread is amazing, literally everyone I know whos come from a poor background are super fucking careful about having a rainy day nest egg, because they know what poor actually looks like, and it isn't crying about having to give up one of your multiple monthly entertainment subscription services

e:
although tbf i am yuropeen and our version of Breaking Bad is a guy gets diagnosed with cancer so gets treatment for it on the communist healthcare system

"I keep 12 months of expenses in savings".
"That's too much, why not just 6, look for aggressive investments !"

In a thread about households living paycheck to paycheck, on the heels of a shutdown that put hundred thousands without pay for a couple of weeks and struggling, in living and fresh memory of the subprime crisis and amidst worries of a global recession coming.

:yeshrug
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 10:49:34 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Jansen

« Reply #57459 on: January 30, 2019, 10:43:30 AM »
Here's why that Metro thing is bullshit;

imagine you have a new album from a band you like on preorder, and its been pimped on wherever you usually buy music from for a fucking year now, lets say Amazon, and you like buying your shit on amazon because you get autoplay MP3s, you got your prime membership already, you got some store credit you can use to pay it off, you use a Fire TV stick and it works well with your Amazon music library, whatever.

Now fucking Tidal show up 2 weeks before release and announce they've locked that shit down as a Tidal exclusive for a year, and the only fucking way to listen to that new album is by installing Tidal, you can't add it to your existing library or use your preferred MP3 player, because Tidal did a backroom deal to lock that shit up exclusively to try and get people using Tidal, because nobody gives a fuck about Tidal.
And its not the band who wanted that deal, or the record label who wanted that deal - it was the bands manager, because they got a personal kickback to do that deal. The Label and the band both want their shit available as widely as possible.

There's your fucking epic game store console morans
:boring :snore

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #57460 on: January 30, 2019, 10:50:54 AM »

e:

"I keep 12 expenses in savings".
"That's too much, why not just 6, look for aggressive investments !"

In a thread about households living paycheck to paycheck, on the heels of a shutdown that put hundred thousands without pay for a couple of weeks and struggling, in living and fresh memory of the subprime crisis and amidst worries of a global recession coming.

:yeshrug

Yeah I love on how the first page alone half of the posts are shitposts giving side-eye to the person that actually does what is sensible instead of spending all their free cash on shit like Amiibos.

I especially like the guy complaining how $14/hour isn't enough to pay his bills.  My Filipino relatives whose idea of a big night out is going to Jollibee and then having bootleg sodas in plastic bags would probably get a good laugh from that.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #57461 on: January 30, 2019, 10:54:08 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ny-times-can-we-finally-stop-talking-about-%E2%80%98male%E2%80%99-and-%E2%80%98female%E2%80%99-brains.96548/post-17398752

A lot of ERA posters have PhDs from Wikipedia University, with a strong focus on the Summary.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57462 on: January 30, 2019, 10:54:55 AM »
I think a lot of it is the phrase "Living as I've become accustomed to", where if you talk to someone who regularly spunks cash up the wall and has little impulse control so will buy something immediately on credit rather than save up for something they'll freak out like you're asking them to live under house arrest at the idea of any sacrifice to 'their lifestyle'.
When the brutal truth is if your outgoing expenses equals your income, you're already living a lifestyle you can't afford.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #57463 on: January 30, 2019, 10:59:03 AM »
You gotta spend money to make money, and amiibos are only going up in value
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Boredfrom

« Reply #57464 on: January 30, 2019, 11:00:03 AM »

Feels that thread is a big stealth troll thread.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #57465 on: January 30, 2019, 11:26:35 AM »

This article will shake resetera to their very core.
Oi Oi

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57466 on: January 30, 2019, 11:27:55 AM »

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #57467 on: January 30, 2019, 11:30:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ny-times-can-we-finally-stop-talking-about-‘male’-and-‘female’-brains.96548/#post-17399481

“If you're saying there's no male or female brains, isn't the implication that gender dysphoria is not real?”

Abort abort!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 12:09:30 PM by bork »
Oi Oi

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #57468 on: January 30, 2019, 11:41:54 AM »

One guy pointed out why this could have some controversial implications but noone jumped on it

If you're saying there's no male or female brains, isn't the implication that gender dysphoria is not real?

Edit:  >:(

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #57469 on: January 30, 2019, 11:46:29 AM »
I've gone down that path on era before.

Now I'm on hate site bire.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #57470 on: January 30, 2019, 11:47:20 AM »
Could it be legal for the FBI to bug Trump somehow?

Then get Putin in a RICO lawsuit.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/trump-met-putin-without-staff-or-note-takers-present-—-again.96531/#post-17389615

I'm convinced that they are doing or trying. However, surely every time Trump has been alone with the Russians, they're probably patting him down anyway.

It's not a fifties crime movie !?  :ltg
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57471 on: January 30, 2019, 11:55:49 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/empires-jussie-smollett-hospitalized-after-two-men-wrap-noose-around-his-neck-pour-bleach-on-him-this-is-maga-country.96410/post-17389024
Quote from: RedMercury
Who walks around at 2am with a rope and a bottle of bleach
People who want to attack someone with a rope and bleach?

I'll bow to expert knowledge

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57472 on: January 30, 2019, 12:05:00 PM »
Did we talk about Era mods using their editing powers to play damage control for Bioware?
Because I feel like we need to talk about era mods using their editing powers to play damage control for Bioware

https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-look-at-anthems-featured-store-items-cost-prices-not-final-everything-purchasable-with-earned-currency.95524/post-17200324

also, completely unrelated link

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #57473 on: January 30, 2019, 12:06:15 PM »
I think a lot of it is the phrase "Living as I've become accustomed to", where if you talk to someone who regularly spunks cash up the wall and has little impulse control so will buy something immediately on credit rather than save up for something they'll freak out like you're asking them to live under house arrest at the idea of any sacrifice to 'their lifestyle'.
When the brutal truth is if your outgoing expenses equals your income, you're already living a lifestyle you can't afford.

Pretty much.

Unlimited data plan: $50/month: $600
High Speed Internet: $50/month: $600
6 games a year: $360
PS Plus/Xbox Live: $60
Streaming services/rentals: $20/month: $240
Daily $5 coffee/juice: $1825
Eating out/delivery 5 times a week at $15 per: $3900

Those are kind of iffy figures but probably a lot of the "poor" people on REEE are bitching about it while they're basically pissing away $7500+ per year.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #57474 on: January 30, 2019, 12:06:41 PM »
So basically they believe that a cis straight man and a cis gay woman have identical brains, and any difference in behaviour is purely cultural.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #57475 on: January 30, 2019, 12:09:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/empires-jussie-smollett-hospitalized-after-two-men-wrap-noose-around-his-neck-pour-bleach-on-him-this-is-maga-country.96410/post-17389024

When nazis are stalking POC, my gut tells me we should be stalking the nazis. Mercilessly. This is off-the-cuff and possibly naive, but think it should be POC leading the charge and if white folks want to be a part of it, they can be invited.

"Let's stalk Nazis but only if minorities invite us to their patrol"

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57476 on: January 30, 2019, 12:14:42 PM »

When nazis are stalking POC, my gut tells me we should be stalking the nazis. Mercilessly. This is off-the-cuff and possibly naive, but think it should be POC leading the charge and if white folks want to be a part of it, they can be invited.

"Let's stalk Nazis but only if minorities invite us to their patrol"

RedMercury has rope and bleach. And possibly Duct tape, zipties, and chloroform.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #57477 on: January 30, 2019, 12:14:43 PM »
thass what I'm saying. I never heard that narrative until this article debunking it came out.
this is why we need everything actively and constantly debunked before anyone accidentally believes it

also the debunking needs to be extensively debunked

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #57478 on: January 30, 2019, 12:17:28 PM »
Can something be debunked if it hasn't yet been bunked?
©@©™

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #57479 on: January 30, 2019, 12:25:16 PM »
re: bundy

every serial killer is called a mastermind after they're caught because nobody likes to believe that they got away with it for so long, and after the fact it's pretty easy to put together evidence because you have the connecting piece

the Green River Killer was thought to be some brilliant scheming mastermind or riotious' dad until they realized nobody really gives a shit about druggie prostitutes so a bunch of them turning up dead doesn't actually bother anyone to investigate it too closely as long as the dude simply moves a couple miles every time he kills one of them, almost entirely randomized rather than a scheme

terrorist attacks, school shooters, etc. these always after the fact have "we should have seen the signs" because everything is now known

9/11 was a mastermind scheme until everyone realized it wasn't, it was a failure of (to pick one) the FBI HQ not caring about a bunch of Saudi's who are learning to fly planes but don't care about the landing part no matter how often agents in the field screamed about it for a year straight

the Unabomber went uncaptured for decades, and they had hundreds of false leads, until HIS BROTHER said HEY THAT CRAZY MANIFESTO LOOKS LIKE MY BROTHERS CRAZY MANIFESTO

then there's stuff like the Atlanta Olympics bombing, where it took the guy to start a separate bombing campaign against abortionists and lesbian bars before anyone figured out it was obviously him, this was despite the fact he called the police before the bombing and said "I PUT A BOMB AT THE OLYMPICS" and it still took seven more years for them to catch him because the dude camped in a forest