Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5874357 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #57540 on: January 30, 2019, 04:30:13 PM »
wat i can see all kinds of creases?

they obviously won't be visible in the still healing skin around the tattoo?

BikeJesus

« Reply #57541 on: January 30, 2019, 04:32:56 PM »
The whole EPIC store and Metro Exodus issue would be way less scummy if the Publisher just talked to Valve beforehand.

Deep Silver: "Hey Gabe, EPIC offered us a shit-load of money to be exclusive to them for a year. I know it is late notice, but our last 2 games didn't do great at launch, and this guarantees we won't have to shut down the studio".

Gaben: "I understand, games are expensive as fuck to make and we would hate to see the Metro series die, best of luck with your decisions".

Instead they use Steam to market and sell the game until 2 weeks before launch, don't give Valve a heads up, continue releasing news updates on Steam with a trailer that doesn't list Steam as a platform or the new Steam release date, remove the ability to pre-order the game on Steam, even though it does have a release date, piss off a ton of their fans, generate a lot of bad press, and have their previous games Steam reviews nuked from orbit.

This was the worst way to go about this. You know you've fucked up when Valve needs to put a disclaimer on your store page and basically apologize to the Steam community for a publishers bitch move.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 04:40:55 PM by BikeJesus »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #57542 on: January 30, 2019, 04:34:44 PM »
MetaCouncil?

Jesus bois, slow down with the spin offs already. You're running this brand straight into the ground  :success
🤴

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #57543 on: January 30, 2019, 04:48:11 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:thinking
QueenOfHunting

kinder amazing how every epic threads gets like 2 - 3k posts from what many say are pc gamers, and yet are non existent in other pc threads including the main ot.

i smell alot of bullshit trolls but hey thats nothing new and clearly will not change.

i now take my leave, see you on metacouncil if you end up there sometime

another woman leaves restera and joins the migrant caravan
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

benjipwns

« Reply #57544 on: January 30, 2019, 05:14:08 PM »
so that's -2 women just today if we count the one who wouldn't sign up but still saw an article she knew she needed to troll ResetERA.com with

BikeJesus

« Reply #57545 on: January 30, 2019, 05:34:07 PM »
hundreds of hours of surveillance footage and nothing?! HOW?!?! come on ya'll these police are crooked, they gotta find SOMETHING on these Nazis!!! Tell me how nobody saw 2 white men wearing ski marks with MAGA hats, bleach and rope AT 2AM in Chicago and nobody beat their asses!!!! Infuriating.

:teehee

Laying it on a little thick.

benjipwns

« Reply #57546 on: January 30, 2019, 05:34:40 PM »
lol according to ban bot the only person to have more bans than dookie is ZATT MURDOCK ESQ

benjipwns

« Reply #57547 on: January 30, 2019, 05:36:53 PM »
Trump should take notice of what's happening to Maduro, Putin's something of a "fair-weather friend" when things go south for his partners.
:putin

ResetBanBot

« Reply #57548 on: January 30, 2019, 05:39:26 PM »
Were there any further developments on that Linux code of conduct thing?  Where a bunch of longtime problematic devs were suddenly getting roasted and threatening to tear the whole thing down because a bunch of the code is their own?
Nothing much happened, it kinda seemed like no one in the decision making process realized they were getting scammed by SJWs when they adopted the Contributor Covenant. After the fact they modified some of the more contentious SJW-based language and clarified that there would be no retroactive enforcement. They basically neutered the Contributor Covenant once realizing some the political implications. They also never spoke to Corey/Coraline Ehmke, which is a good thing.

The ultimate canary in this situation is Ted Tso, who has been targeted by Sarah Sharp for years. As long as Ted Tso remains, I think things are going to be okay. For example: https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/9hg9to/sage_sharp_claims_top_linux_kernel_developer_theo/

The other situation is the legal debate about revocation of the GPLv2 license as a consequence of the CoC. This has only been talked about, and has not been attempted in a serious way. If this were to actually happen it would destabilize all GPLv2 FOSS software, including the entire Linux kernel and it would be extremely difficult if not practically impossible to re-license the entire kernel and all code from all contributors under something else (at least without throwing away a lot of code). Richard Stallman has stated the revocation under GPLv2 is not possible, as well as others (https://lwn.net/Articles/766784/). Of course this all a matter of opinion that has yet to be put in front of a judge for ultimate interpretation of the license.

To follow along please see: https://kiwifarms.net/threads/open-source-software-community.38130/

benjipwns

« Reply #57549 on: January 30, 2019, 05:41:04 PM »
Has Trump made any statements yet?

Or is he waiting for polls to see if it would help or hurt him with his base first?
If you are a member of the GOP you support this racism and hate crime. Period. This is base power block of your party. If you want to be conservative, fine, but if you stay a member of the GOP you are giving tacit permission to this kind of behavior and I'm going to consider you a shit bag and a racist.
wait wait wait i just noticed people talking about boogie. does his tag actually include "1488?" like he legit shoved that specific of a dog whistle in his tag?
How could no footage have shown up by now? Also why would you leave a rope around your neck for 40 ish minutes. Man we live in a fucked up world where we have to even consider that someone could make this up as a plausbile outcome. But. After lochte and some others you never know. I don’t think Jussie would though. He knows how hard a gay poc has it. And how damaging this would be if not true.
AP has been trash. First during Bush 2, i noticed they had a habit of always repeating the company line and cherry picking their sources. You have to dig into who is writing their shit, but there is always some status quo asshole in the mix.
this thread lol

benjipwns

« Reply #57550 on: January 30, 2019, 05:41:46 PM »
I doubt this is the case here but the situation has happened before faking hate crimes. It’s unfortunate because it causes a pall over situations like this
WORDING

BisMarckie

« Reply #57551 on: January 30, 2019, 05:43:19 PM »
Trump should take notice of what's happening to Maduro, Putin's something of a "fair-weather friend" when things go south for his partners.
:putin

What do they expect? That Putin  moves the Black Sea Fleet to Caracas? :doge

benjipwns

BisMarckie

« Reply #57553 on: January 30, 2019, 05:48:02 PM »
Please excuse this semi carepost and this maybe ignorant European take:

The fact that two guys send these obvious suspicious letters via mail(!) is kinda hard to believe already.
But to wait in the middle of the night in Chicago of all places (where it's like -20) for this guy, only to pour some bleach onto him and basicallly let him leave unharmed is pretty far out there.

benjipwns

« Reply #57554 on: January 30, 2019, 05:53:28 PM »
MAGA hat wearers are weird in their racism, just look at SmockyDave. :trumps

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #57555 on: January 30, 2019, 06:14:23 PM »

This might have racist undertones because of a common Mexican and panda stereotype

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pics-that-make-you-laugh-ot-2019-best-friends-forever.90699/post-17397808
sigh

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57556 on: January 30, 2019, 06:15:21 PM »
Please excuse this semi carepost and this maybe ignorant European take:

The fact that two guys send these obvious suspicious letters via mail(!) is kinda hard to believe already.
But to wait in the middle of the night in Chicago of all places (where it's like -20) for this guy, only to pour some bleach onto him and basicallly let him leave unharmed is pretty far out there.

https://twitter.com/JussieSmollett/status/2614532113

:thinking
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #57557 on: January 30, 2019, 06:17:18 PM »
never forget: http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/09/technology/clorox-emoji-tweet/
The tweet, which Clorox (CLX) since deleted, showed a Clorox bottle made up of the new emojis released by Apple (AAPL) as part of this week's iOS 8.3 update. Clorox tweeted, "New emojis are alright but where's the bleach."
"You need to clean up your PR person. Put some bleach on your distasteful marketing ideas," tweeted @DriNicole. "Black emojis were added today. Saying this implies you'd rather the emojis be only white, by adding bleach."

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #57558 on: January 30, 2019, 06:19:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/empires-jussie-smollett-hospitalized-after-two-men-wrap-noose-around-his-neck-pour-bleach-on-him-this-is-maga-country.96410/post-17402612

Chicago police say detectives have reviewed hundreds of hours of surveillance footage but haven’t found any yet that shows the alleged attack on “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett.
Yo.

Wtf is this latest trend of AP's twitter people being gutter trash, and carelessly pushing damaging narratives?

First it was the "it takes two to tango" bullshit about the shutdown, and now this crazy clickbait?

:crazy

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #57560 on: January 30, 2019, 06:23:10 PM »
If we can demonize Trump supporters forever with this video evidence, I will be jubilant.
yes, this is what truly matters

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #57561 on: January 30, 2019, 06:24:42 PM »

How is this weird?

benjipwns

« Reply #57562 on: January 30, 2019, 06:26:00 PM »
Kamala has the third most progressive voting record of any senator. She has been a steadfast progressive since the day she walked into the senate.

Why is it, that no one ever questions the motives of male congress members votes? But women senators motives for voting progressive are far more often doubted and motives questions?

I guarentee you if she was a man you wouldn’t see all of these posts questioning her motives and her actual belief in her consistent unflinching progressive voting record. We all know this. But it’s part of the game women candidates must play.
Beto is a perfect example as proof the nonsense attacks on questioning Kamalas motives for her progressive votes!

People got mad at him over his actual voting record for being “too moderate”. They did not claim his votes were somehow not his true intentions masking some hidden agenda.

So thank you for helping to make it even more clear this nonsense attack on women candidates that far far far less people throw at male candidates comes from a sexist mindset
Cheebs doin work

BisMarckie

« Reply #57563 on: January 30, 2019, 06:26:20 PM »
I always ate those when I came home from school. #latchkeykid

benjipwns

« Reply #57564 on: January 30, 2019, 06:36:08 PM »
https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1090294813918822400

it's like his one goal in life is to piss off ResetERA.com

benjipwns

« Reply #57565 on: January 30, 2019, 06:40:31 PM »
2016's "head is head" got Donald Trump elected

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #57566 on: January 30, 2019, 06:42:54 PM »
https://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/01/30/your-complete-guide-ny-times-support-us-backed-coups-latin-america
(Image removed from quote.)
yikes, vilifying journalism :doge
Wow, that latest installment took a long time to release. I wonder what went wrong during development.
It sucks so far even after all this time. I wonder if they'll axe the team and do a reboot with a more competent developer.
🤴

clothedmacuser

« Reply #57567 on: January 30, 2019, 06:49:41 PM »
Tyson Foods Recalls 36,000 Lbs. of Chicken Nuggets Due to Possible Rubber Contamination
https://people.com/food/tyson-food-chicken-nuggets-recall-possible-rubber-contamination/

I expect a cranky week at Era.
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #57568 on: January 30, 2019, 06:51:46 PM »
how did the rubber get contaminated?

benjipwns

« Reply #57569 on: January 30, 2019, 06:56:53 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #57570 on: January 30, 2019, 07:08:20 PM »

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #57571 on: January 30, 2019, 07:36:23 PM »
what is knee pad stuff about?

Jansen

« Reply #57573 on: January 30, 2019, 07:48:12 PM »
Tyson Foods Recalls 36,000 Lbs. of Chicken Nuggets Due to Possible Rubber Contamination
https://people.com/food/tyson-food-chicken-nuggets-recall-possible-rubber-contamination/

I expect a cranky week at Era.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #57574 on: January 30, 2019, 07:49:59 PM »
Do I want to know what that is?

benjipwns

« Reply #57575 on: January 30, 2019, 07:56:41 PM »
chicken nugget with abscesses prolly

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #57576 on: January 30, 2019, 07:58:35 PM »
riotous, this ur dad: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/7seals/public-forum-f66/

"There are many different logical arguments given in the words of the Buddha and subsequent commentaries to prove the existence of past and future lives. In brief, they come down to 4 points: the logic that things are preceded by things of a similar type, the logic that things are preceded by a substantial cause, the logic that the mind has gained familiarity with things in the past, and the logic of having gained experience of things in the past." - https://www.dalailama.com/the-dalai-lam ... ncarnation

I added Buddhists' 4 Points to Seal #7: Reincarnation Theory & its 26 Principles including Theory of Luck Equation. This would also add a second reference to Buddhism in the "7 Seals"/'Beyond Einstein Theories'; http://7seals.blogspot.com .

tummyfat

« Reply #57578 on: January 30, 2019, 08:21:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/empires-jussie-smollett-hospitalized-after-two-men-wrap-noose-around-his-neck-pour-bleach-on-him-this-is-maga-country.96410/page-13#post-17417338

I can’t wait for Royalans sidestep “Well stuff like this DOES happen all the time” when this story turns out to be something other than Trump supporting Empire watchers putting a noose on a guy which he inexplicably leaves on for an hour after they leave

Jansen

« Reply #57579 on: January 30, 2019, 08:21:38 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #57581 on: January 30, 2019, 08:34:34 PM »
Samban has 281 posts including the ones spreading lies in that thread, obvious alt-right MAGA troll, put a bullet in his head mods

plus ban is right in his name, make it happen

benjipwns

« Reply #57582 on: January 30, 2019, 08:35:36 PM »
New Fang? because just plain Fang got permed? obvious alt account troll, ban this filth too

joined the day registrations were open, so obvious GamerGate account that snuck in

benjipwns

« Reply #57583 on: January 30, 2019, 08:41:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ny-times-can-we-finally-stop-talking-about-%E2%80%98male%E2%80%99-and-%E2%80%98female%E2%80%99-brains.96548/post-17417515
Quote from: brainchild
I'm still waiting for people to stop acting like intersex people don't exist, or that it's not just about male sex vs female sex. If we can't even graduate beyond those fundamental facts, it's no wonder people continue to misunderstand the subject.
MILD

https://www.resetera.com/threads/psa-for-midwest-residents-life-threatening-frigid-cold-stay-inside.96631/post-17415371
Finally made it back home, but while I was out I heard that a homeless person died about a mile away from the store I was shopping at :(
Yeah, my house is way too cold, and our thermostat caps out at 75° degrees, so we'll just have to walk around the house with jackets on 😂
MILD
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 08:48:00 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #57584 on: January 30, 2019, 08:45:06 PM »
what is going on in this thread https://www.resetera.com/threads/2020-democratic-presidential-primary-ot-democrats-in-disarray-oh-wait-no-just-tulsis-campaign.91234/post-17417511
Quote from: Kirblar
My solution is to prevent ownership over multiple game cycles as the between-generation passdowns are what I see as the biggest problem. I want people to have an equal opportunity to succeed and fail. I see something like Netflix emerging with Blockbuster dying as a good thing. I see businesses as increasingly driven by a small number of highly successful firms with a lot of mediocre ones struggling beneath them. When the owner/operator of superstar firms moves on/passes away the enterprise usually suffers tremendously. I think the entire economy is polarizing along those lines and it's part of why we need to change how things are being regulated. I don't think a billionaire emerging through building a powerhouse business is a policy failure, I think letting not skimming off those efforts enough via proper taxation and letting inequality widen by helping him pass as much as possible down to his descendents is. is.
Quote from: Kirblar
Without a state monopoly on violence you leave it up to the "free" market.

Which gets you what you have in Mexico, turf wars between private cartels.

Quote from: samoyed
If you define capitalism as “private ownership of the means of production”, what that grocer does is not strictly capitalism. If you define capitalism as “the normative market process of modern developed nations”, then that is “capitalism”.

Going by Marx, the grocer adding value to an item and then selling it for a profit to sustain themselves is simply an example of the labor theory of value, and is a feature of markets, not capitalism. Value derived from labor predates formal capitalism (I.e Adam Smith) by several thousand years.
That’s just what you described though? A commodity enters someone’s hands, they perform some mixture of actions on it to give it more value, the product is then sold for a cost such that it accounts for the cost of acquisition and the cost of the labor.

Like what do you think “own the means of production” implies? Under capitalism, that +X% is further split into Y% and Z%. The Y% goes to paying the grocers wages. The Z% goes into the pockets of the owner of the grocery chain. Marx says, “we don’t need chain owners, give the grocery to the grocer so he or she can keep the entire X%.”
Theres one more feature of this iterated game. The players can, after a certain number of turns, introduce house rules or repeal previously introduced house rules, except this one and these are subject to general votes. For a while, players used these house rules to force the Park Place cartel to give it up to someone else. However, over time, a new strategy developed among frequent Park Place owners where people trade away their Monopoly money in exchange for votes.

I believe you are a student of games? Both economic ones and entertainment ones. You know that once a winning strategy is found, asking people not to use it is nearly impossible. The only cases where it happens is when there’s strong social costs to deploying the strategy or when an external authoritative force kills the strategy.

Relevant passage from Berkman's What is Communist Anarchism?

mod edit: can we not quote giant book excerpts outside of quote tags please?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #57585 on: January 30, 2019, 08:56:59 PM »
I'm honestly shocked that Marx isn't banned on ResetERA.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #57586 on: January 30, 2019, 09:43:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/2020-democratic-presidential-primary-ot-democrats-in-disarray-oh-wait-no-just-tulsis-campaign.91234/post-17418107
User warned: thread derail
NO JUSTICE NO PEACE

Jansen

« Reply #57587 on: January 30, 2019, 09:55:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/seven-deadly-sins-anime-we-still-doing-this-stuff-anime.96380/page-4#post-17386764

Quote from: Zubalon, post: 17386764, member: 35977
You do realize thats his girl for like 10.000 years... I do this kinda stuff to my wife and vice versa.. Not a big deal

benjipwns

« Reply #57588 on: January 30, 2019, 10:02:32 PM »
and yet Donald Trump wants to make it real smh

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #57589 on: January 30, 2019, 10:05:15 PM »
"I believe you are a student of games?" is pretty good.
每天生气

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #57590 on: January 30, 2019, 10:16:50 PM »
Who is the COWARD who gave sphagnum and others warnings in the primaries thread for posting socialist anime memes? Show yourself!
每天生气

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #57591 on: January 30, 2019, 11:44:49 PM »
Failed attempt at outrage thread gets locked, but not after a few virgins manage to get in a line about how any sex with alcohol is rape.

Sorry OP, you come at the queen you best not miss

https://www.resetera.com/threads/am-i-crazy-or-does-this-mean-that-amy-schumer-is-confessing-that-she-actually-raped-people.96737/
:O

benjipwns

« Reply #57592 on: January 30, 2019, 11:47:38 PM »
Failed attempt at outrage thread gets locked, but not after a few virgins manage to get in a line about how any sex with alcohol is rape.

Sorry OP, you come at the queen you best not miss

https://www.resetera.com/threads/am-i-crazy-or-does-this-mean-that-amy-schumer-is-confessing-that-she-actually-raped-people.96737/
Or maybe is a comedian stealing others' stories for a laugh?
fixed?

benjipwns

« Reply #57593 on: January 30, 2019, 11:49:35 PM »
Uh, is this thread for real? It's an obvious Gamergate-esque hit piece from a Reddit
YIKES

benjipwns

« Reply #57594 on: January 30, 2019, 11:50:54 PM »
And also a lot of posts about PewDiePie.
WOOF

benjipwns

« Reply #57595 on: January 30, 2019, 11:51:35 PM »
why is OP not banned for bad faith threadening?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57596 on: January 31, 2019, 12:05:54 AM »
why is OP not banned for bad faith threadening?

Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #57597 on: January 31, 2019, 12:07:10 AM »
User banned (duration pending): defending a child molester

I won’t defend him but all of those saying he’s out there sexually abusing children really need to stop that. It’s not like he’s skulking around playgrounds, sneak-touching little kids. I mean yeah it’s disgusting what he did with a 13 (?) year old girl but it could have been worse. She seemed to be consenting and they didn’t have sex (did they?) and it’s not like he went for her because she was so young, it was just an unfortunate mistake.

But yeah he certainly hasn’t done himself any favours so far in his life, but I feel like he realises this now and just wants to make music and be rich. He fired literally everyone he associated with but it was too little too late. Maybe snitching will get him a shorter sentence and he can be out of jail sooner than in 30 years or whatever.

I don’t know why but I’ve got some kind of soft spot for him. I absolutely LOVE his music and it amuses me how hard he tries to be a baddass, whereas really he is just a cartoon loser. He needs to sort himself out before the trouble he’s seemingly sought out results in his own premature death.

I’d legitimately love to meet him. Like he’s what 22 now? If there was a big budget blockbuster movie about his life so far, it would be awesome. He needs to get out of jail so he can help make that movie, and keep adding bits to it.
nice try 4chan, but the junior accounts posting from Russia won't work anymore

clothedmacuser

« Reply #57598 on: January 31, 2019, 01:02:55 AM »
User banned (duration pending): defending a child molester

I won’t defend him but all of those saying he’s out there sexually abusing children really need to stop that. It’s not like he’s skulking around playgrounds, sneak-touching little kids. I mean yeah it’s disgusting what he did with a 13 (?) year old girl but it could have been worse. She seemed to be consenting and they didn’t have sex (did they?) and it’s not like he went for her because she was so young, it was just an unfortunate mistake.

But yeah he certainly hasn’t done himself any favours so far in his life, but I feel like he realises this now and just wants to make music and be rich. He fired literally everyone he associated with but it was too little too late. Maybe snitching will get him a shorter sentence and he can be out of jail sooner than in 30 years or whatever.

I don’t know why but I’ve got some kind of soft spot for him. I absolutely LOVE his music and it amuses me how hard he tries to be a baddass, whereas really he is just a cartoon loser. He needs to sort himself out before the trouble he’s seemingly sought out results in his own premature death.

I’d legitimately love to meet him. Like he’s what 22 now? If there was a big budget blockbuster movie about his life so far, it would be awesome. He needs to get out of jail so he can help make that movie, and keep adding bits to it.
nice try 4chan, but the junior accounts posting from Russia won't work anymore

Compare that to the Michael Jackson thread where half the thread is defending MJ and saying the 8-year-old who he gave diamonds to and held a mock wedding is only doing it for the money.
sigh

agrajag

« Reply #57599 on: January 31, 2019, 01:08:11 AM »
Quote from: ILikeFeet
since when was Amirox was allowed to post again?

:dead

hey remember how any mention of Amir0x on GAF was scrubbed with hydrochloric acid post pedogate?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 01:22:47 AM by agrajag »