Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5894400 times)

agrajag

Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #57360 on: January 29, 2019, 06:24:31 PM »
peak dahmer > bundy

but when dahmer hit bottom, he really hit bottom.

See, Dahmer is a guy you could claim white privilege for.  Dude's victim -- some indonesian kid, escapes one night and Dahmer catches up with him, who is now with the police, pleading for his life and completely disoriented.  Dahmer proceeds to convince the police that it's just a lover's quarrel, despite the kid being underage and panicking.  Brings him back to the apartment and injects something in his head and dismembers him.   Plus, like 90% of his victims were people of color.

Dude, that's the perfect bogeyman for Era. A white dude who specifically targets and abducts POC's and dismembers them.

:delicious

BisMarckie

« Reply #57361 on: January 29, 2019, 06:26:46 PM »
I would have the "Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs" in my top 10 though. :ufup

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #57362 on: January 29, 2019, 06:26:56 PM »
Don't think Dahmer was racist at all. If anything he was a true progressive, living among the minorities and wanting to be one with them so badly that he ate them. His fathers book is great by the way. Which reminds me that BTK's daughter just released her book... Which I should get soon.

agrajag

« Reply #57363 on: January 29, 2019, 06:27:28 PM »

HH Holmes is my guy

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #57364 on: January 29, 2019, 06:28:19 PM »
I would have the "Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs" in my top 10 though.

I always forget about the more recent cases. Certainly plus points for documenting it so well.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #57365 on: January 29, 2019, 06:28:34 PM »
My Dad was convinced at some point that a coworker of his was the Green River Killer.   He contacted the FBI tip line and everything which ended up with him getting interviewed by them.   

My Dad was patting himself on the back so hard and then was mad that it never went anywhere lol
:lol

BisMarckie

« Reply #57366 on: January 29, 2019, 06:29:59 PM »

Propagandhim

« Reply #57367 on: January 29, 2019, 06:32:25 PM »
Also I think my neighboor murdered his first wife.

The story goes:  they were biking in the summer on some trails here in WA state.  Allegedly she got tired and he left her behind for her to later catch up.  She was found off-trail in the middle of the woods dead days later from exposure / dehydration.   

"Smell ya later, slowpoke!"

Boredfrom

« Reply #57368 on: January 29, 2019, 06:32:27 PM »
Also I think my neighboor murdered his first wife.

The story goes:  they were biking in the summer on some trails here in WA state.  Allegedly she got tired and he left her behind for her to later catch up.  She was found off-trail in the middle of the woods dead days later from exposure / dehydration.   

He keeps a shrine to her in his house, he's remaried but he throws a party in her honor every year... which is wife told me she thinks it's because of "guilt".. which obviously could be because he left her on the trail to apparently die, but I honestly think there could be more to it.   He also very clearly got some sort of settlment out of it;  he has a bunch of "redneck toys" that I know under normal circumstances he couldn't afford (he's the manager of a book store.)

Is this a meme text?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #57369 on: January 29, 2019, 06:33:22 PM »
My Dad was convinced at some point that a coworker of his was the Green River Killer.   He contacted the FBI tip line and everything which ended up with him getting interviewed by them.   

My Dad was patting himself on the back so hard and then was mad that it never went anywhere lol

What do you think made your dad think that? Was he paranoid or easily alarmed/suggestible or something? Or did he just hate your neighbour?

Propagandhim

« Reply #57370 on: January 29, 2019, 06:38:38 PM »
On the topic of murderers and their completely obtuse fuckups:

Chris Watts, guy who killed his wife and kids:  Live footage of him with the cops, discovering that his neighbor's surveillance camera shows that not only did nobody come to his house to kidnap his family (as he claimed), but it captures him loading his truck with his family's bodies.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57371 on: January 29, 2019, 06:41:57 PM »
^ that dude looks lie a serial killer in the making

He looks like Tom Green with a 25% vertical stretch
Uncle

PogiJones

tummyfat

« Reply #57373 on: January 29, 2019, 06:43:09 PM »
I give the Empire actors story about a 3% chance of being true

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #57374 on: January 29, 2019, 06:44:54 PM »
Soft cunts. The golden days of modnation racers with Hitler riding in jewdozers  :preach

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #57375 on: January 29, 2019, 06:46:37 PM »
Bundy was certainly more of a "master manipulator" than an ordinary person would be (if only because ordinary people don't need to manipulate), but it's not like people revere Bundy for it. Some people were dumb enough to think OJ was innocent, but no-one ever called him a "master manipulator". Difference is OJ was wise enough to shut the fuck up in court and let the lawyers duke it out.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #57376 on: January 29, 2019, 06:48:37 PM »

Chris Watts, guy who killed his wife and kids:  Live footage of him with the cops, discovering that his neighbor's surveillance camera shows that not only did nobody come to his house to kidnap his family (as he claimed), but it captures him loading his truck with his family's bodies.

I watched this not long ago, and holy shit what a terrible liar.

This is also a great video

When he finally gives in and just says 'get a map'' :o

Also some amazing interview with a couple who's home be had broken into by him, and stolen their dildos. The news report guy 'where all their sex toys had been stolen, or as they called it, their dildos' and then cute to two overly tanned maniacs.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #57377 on: January 29, 2019, 06:50:07 PM »

Propagandhim

« Reply #57378 on: January 29, 2019, 06:51:14 PM »

I watched this not long ago, and holy shit what a terrible liar.

This is also a great video

When he finally gives in and just says 'get a map'' :o

Also some amazing interview with a couple who's home be had broken into by him, and stolen their dildos. The news report guy 'where all their sex toys had been stolen, or as they called it, their dildos' and then cute to two overly tanned maniacs.

Hahaha, yeah.  I posted that in the bad vibes thread.  Surreal shit.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #57379 on: January 29, 2019, 06:54:26 PM »
Oh yeah I forgot I actually watched it because of this place. Thanks breh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #57380 on: January 29, 2019, 06:56:10 PM »

What timecode do I go to. I only want to see his Ralph heartbreak moment

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #57381 on: January 29, 2019, 06:58:29 PM »
your dad sounds amazing

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #57382 on: January 29, 2019, 06:59:18 PM »

54:50 is when he starts. But it's a slow good take down from that interviewer, he slowly but surely takes all confidence out of him.

Propagandhim

« Reply #57383 on: January 29, 2019, 07:00:19 PM »

~55:45.  But the buildup is what makes it.  He goes into the interrogation super confident and then everything is pulled apart in front of him. 

Leadbelly

« Reply #57384 on: January 29, 2019, 07:01:15 PM »

Yeah. I actually watched the video that was leaked at the time. It was just curiosity, but kind of wished I didn't. I felt a weird sadness for ages after and couldn't stop thinking about it.

2 guys 1 hammer the video was called. And it was basically one of the murder videos that was played in court. It was leaked by a Russian news site. You know like Youtube reaction vids? Well there were people who did fucking reaction videos to that. Talk about fucked up.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 07:06:43 PM by Leadbelly »

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #57385 on: January 29, 2019, 07:01:21 PM »
Also that hair is just unacceptable

Propagandhim

« Reply #57386 on: January 29, 2019, 07:01:41 PM »
your dad sounds amazing

Your dad sounds like Randy Marsh

Leadbelly

« Reply #57387 on: January 29, 2019, 07:08:27 PM »
Fuck me. You still have them on youtube.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #57388 on: January 29, 2019, 07:10:09 PM »
your dad sounds amazing

Sounds like the Green River Killer to me

agrajag

« Reply #57389 on: January 29, 2019, 07:14:51 PM »
your dad sounds like the time cube guy

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #57390 on: January 29, 2019, 07:17:44 PM »
riotous' dad>>>ritous

get him to post here, pls

Propagandhim

« Reply #57391 on: January 29, 2019, 07:18:41 PM »
If we get Riotous Sr. to post here then TheBore will have more industry insiders than Era. 

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #57392 on: January 29, 2019, 07:20:20 PM »
I wish the camera angle was different so you can see his eyes and facial expression when he's doing the mental calculation is his head of "Is there any possible way I can come out of this".

I imagine it's like the look in people's eyes after a long game 3 in MTG when you achieve lethality and your opponent looks at your boardstate and then at their boardstate and then at their hand, and they just keep cycling between them because they're so desperate for a way out that they forget you're even there.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #57393 on: January 29, 2019, 07:24:09 PM »
riotous' dad is exactly like the guy from A Beautiful Mind, only without the beautiful mind

Propagandhim

« Reply #57394 on: January 29, 2019, 07:24:45 PM »
I wish the camera angle was different so you can see his eyes and facial expression when he's doing the mental calculation is his head of "Is there any possible way I can come out of this".

I imagine it's like the look in people's eyes after a long game 3 in MTG when you achieve lethality and your opponent looks at your boardstate and then at their boardstate and then at their hand, and they just keep cycling between them because they're so desperate for a way out that they forget you're even there.

At some point in the interview the investigator asks, "Are there pictures on the computer?" and he responds with something to the effect of, "Yeah there are pictures on the computer, and on some other drive, which the investigators probably have found already."  I believe he hit full capitulation the moment he learned about the truck tire match and the investigator says that they have a warrant to search the house.

BisMarckie

« Reply #57395 on: January 29, 2019, 07:26:07 PM »
Daddy P told me that the way things are going, this is going to be the official uniform of the Canadian military in a few years anyway. :trumps

Propagandhim

« Reply #57396 on: January 29, 2019, 07:29:37 PM »
Your dad must have done something brilliant to go from TV repairman to VP of Microsoft.  Did something like this happen?

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #57397 on: January 29, 2019, 07:31:48 PM »
He also thinks he's discovered some crazy math theory involving prime numbers and has a web site about it.. and is the laughing stock in academic math circles and found himself banned from a bunch of online math forums.

(and he spent a good year when I was a kid obsessing over prime numbers and using yard upon yard of paper to draw these giant graphs and shit, and drawing numbers in circles and trying to find some pattern with prime numbers lol)

link?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #57398 on: January 29, 2019, 07:33:27 PM »

"Don't laugh at this next part"

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #57399 on: January 29, 2019, 07:37:08 PM »
paranoia must run in the family

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #57400 on: January 29, 2019, 08:03:06 PM »
Is that the one where you have two urethras?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #57401 on: January 29, 2019, 08:13:37 PM »
riotous sr would have posted the video, jr continues to not measure up to dear ol' dad  :beli

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57403 on: January 29, 2019, 08:23:21 PM »

If he wanted to get out of it at that point you ask for the lawyer, I would think, since he was told that was an option from the very beginning

It looks bad to "lawyer up" but what they had at that point was still all circumstantial
Uncle

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #57404 on: January 29, 2019, 09:04:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/squidward-tentacles-to-introduce-super-bowl-halftime-maroon-5-to-perform-sweet-victory.96470/

Greenblatt: When we were storyboarding “Band Geeks,” we knew that we had to have a big number at the end where everyone rallies together for Squidward. The story outline called for making it a really great marching band sequence, and it usually helps to have the music ahead of time to board to, so we started searching around. Luckily, Nickelodeon happened to have a large library of royalty-free music we were allowed to use. We sat there listening to marching tune after marching tune and they all sort of sound the same. And the more we heard, it didn’t seem terribly funny that the finale was just them playing marching band music well. But nestled in among the traditional marching band tunes was this over-the-top, ’80s-style rock song called “Sweet Victory.” It was different than what we were looking for, but it was so amazing that we knew we had to use it. So we boarded the sequence to the music, and it felt like such a better ending than any song we could have written on our own. We even got to give it an ’80s jump freeze-frame ending. I think my favorite part was Aaron Springer’s drawings of Patrick on the electric drums. That and SpongeBob saying, “It’s the thrill of one more kill.”

How crazy is it that because some archivist misfiled a CD, SpongeBob got one of it's greatest episodes?

BisMarckie

« Reply #57405 on: January 29, 2019, 09:23:59 PM »
:goty2

Cauliflower Of Love

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #57408 on: January 29, 2019, 09:37:01 PM »
Some people just radiate cunt

Jansen

« Reply #57409 on: January 29, 2019, 09:40:28 PM »
Era has some hardcore valve Stan's on the mod team. Anytime someone criticizes how valve doesn't make games they get warned or banned

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #57410 on: January 29, 2019, 09:45:49 PM »
-steam thread forced to change into general PC gaming thread because "steam isn't a platform."
-despite this there are threads about the epic game store and it being "an exciting new platform for pc gaming"

:thinking

-console users continually shitpost against steam and/or pc gaming in news-related threads, nothing happens
-steam users shit on epic game store, users warned or banned for "storefront shaming"

-china's social credit system is what resetera aspires to
-china is literally resetera: the country

:chinacry :chinacry :chinacry

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #57411 on: January 29, 2019, 09:49:41 PM »
Not very crazy.

I don't know, I love the idea that something important or interesting wouldn't have happened if not for one tiny and inconsequential event. Makes you think about how even though we know we're ultimately cogs at the mercy of predestined series of events, ripples of our lives will echo throughout the rest of human history.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #57412 on: January 29, 2019, 09:55:07 PM »
Also how do you even cultivate a """"hyper-toxic pro-consumer user base"""" via "inaction and avoidant rhetoric" :doge

I took this, along with other comments from developers around the start of the Epic store, about how Steam discussion forums are toxic, and Valve doesn't do anything about it... and Epic store made a huge deal about how there won't be discussion forums because they are toxic.. But the thing is, on Steam, a game's discussion forum can be moderated by the developer/publisher or anyone they choose to give access to. So they were literally whining about not taking care of their own shit.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #57413 on: January 29, 2019, 09:55:34 PM »
Also how do you even cultivate a """"hyper-toxic pro-consumer user base"""" via "inaction and avoidant rhetoric" :doge

I took this, along with other comments from developers around the start of the Epic store, about how Steam discussion forums are toxic, and Valve doesn't do anything about it... and Epic store made a huge deal about how there won't be discussion forums because they are toxic.. But the thing is, on Steam, a game's discussion forum can be moderated by the developer/publisher or anyone they choose to give access to. So they were literally whining about not taking care of their own shit.

User Banned (Duration pending): Lazy devs rhetoric

Jansen

« Reply #57414 on: January 29, 2019, 10:00:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/valve-time-allow-valve-employees-to-have-healthy-work-life-balance.96347/#post-17356117
https://www.resetera.com/threads/metro-exodus-for-pc-a-timed-exclusive-for-the-epic-store-steam-preorders-honoured-physical-copy-with-epic-key-thread-update-see-threadmark.96225/page-42#post-17345648
https://www.resetera.com/threads/valve-time-allow-valve-employees-to-have-healthy-work-life-balance.96347/page-2#post-17356800
https://www.resetera.com/threads/epic-stores-way-of-competing-is-one-that-actively-hurt-the-market.96268/page-14#post-17354879
https://www.resetera.com/threads/metro-exodus-for-pc-a-timed-exclusive-for-the-epic-store-steam-preorders-honoured-physical-copy-with-epic-key-thread-update-see-threadmark.96225/page-44#post-17348889
https://www.resetera.com/threads/metro-exodus-for-pc-a-timed-exclusive-for-the-epic-store-steam-preorders-honoured-physical-copy-with-epic-key-thread-update-see-threadmark.96225/page-46#post-17353912
https://www.resetera.com/threads/metro-exodus-for-pc-a-timed-exclusive-for-the-epic-store-steam-preorders-honoured-physical-copy-with-epic-key-thread-update-see-threadmark.96225/page-46#post-17352015
https://www.resetera.com/threads/metro-exodus-for-pc-a-timed-exclusive-for-the-epic-store-steam-preorders-honoured-physical-copy-with-epic-key-thread-update-see-threadmark.96225/page-48#post-17355395
https://www.resetera.com/threads/metro-exodus-for-pc-a-timed-exclusive-for-the-epic-store-steam-preorders-honoured-physical-copy-with-epic-key-thread-update-see-threadmark.96225/page-49#post-17357865
https://www.resetera.com/threads/metro-exodus-for-pc-a-timed-exclusive-for-the-epic-store-steam-preorders-honoured-physical-copy-with-epic-key-thread-update-see-threadmark.96225/page-51#post-17360337
https://www.resetera.com/threads/metro-exodus-for-pc-a-timed-exclusive-for-the-epic-store-steam-preorders-honoured-physical-copy-with-epic-key-thread-update-see-threadmark.96225/page-52#post-17363115
https://www.resetera.com/threads/epic-stores-way-of-competing-is-one-that-actively-hurt-the-market.96268/page-17#post-17356563
https://www.resetera.com/threads/valve-time-allow-valve-employees-to-have-healthy-work-life-balance.96347/#post-17356309
https://www.resetera.com/threads/valve-time-allow-valve-employees-to-have-healthy-work-life-balance.96347/page-2#post-17358643
https://www.resetera.com/threads/valve-time-allow-valve-employees-to-have-healthy-work-life-balance.96347/page-3#post-17360500
https://www.resetera.com/threads/valve-time-allow-valve-employees-to-have-healthy-work-life-balance.96347/page-3#post-17359432

But yeah you're allowed to shit on valve on era... Lol wrong dumbass

BisMarckie

« Reply #57415 on: January 29, 2019, 10:02:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/would-hank-hill-vote-for-donald-trump.96512/

I can’t figure it out. I wanna know Hank’s thought process through the 2016 election so bad

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #57416 on: January 29, 2019, 10:09:49 PM »
The fuck is that shit

BisMarckie

« Reply #57417 on: January 29, 2019, 10:09:57 PM »

:no1curr

Jansen

« Reply #57418 on: January 29, 2019, 10:18:45 PM »
And all the people crying about it not being on Steam aren't manchildren? come on now

"No steam, no sale" absolutely pathetic

It's not even like you have to buy another system LMAO

Drainage

« Reply #57419 on: January 29, 2019, 10:28:21 PM »
No steam, no sale... cept Astrobot