Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5896651 times)

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #57660 on: January 31, 2019, 03:00:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nike-faces-demand-to-recall-sneakers-as-muslims-object-to-design.96836/#post-17435824

Exactly what I’d expect from a self professed white person. I bet he’s also opposed to taking down photos of coal miners in bars.

BikeJesus

« Reply #57661 on: January 31, 2019, 03:01:42 PM »
I mean you have Pelosi, Waters, Harris, etc already accepting the narrative and using it in their rhetoric so the time for 'wait and see' has already passed. Unless you consider them to be 'on the fringe'.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nike-faces-demand-to-recall-sneakers-as-muslims-object-to-design.96836/#post-17435824

Exactly what I’d expect from a self professed white person. I bet he’s also opposed to taking down photos of coal miners in bars.

lol

Propagandhim

« Reply #57662 on: January 31, 2019, 03:02:47 PM »
Just like the left waits for all the facts before condemning every conservative as a racist nazi? I will always give the benefit of the doubt, but this story doesn't strike me as believable. It is comic levels of racism. That said, I won't call him a liar even if it does seem unbelievable to me. On the same token, I am not going to blindly believe something that sounds so far-fetched.

A) Its not "the left" or "the right", its the lunatic fringes on either side. Most people that identify as either don't act the way their political paisans do on the internet.

It's not the fringe and it's getting old hearing people try to ameliorate America's issues of divisiveness like this.  There is a huge, mainstream appeal for editorial and media packaging of racial conflict in this country - I can turn on a news channel at any point in the day and see this story being covered with panels, talking heads, up-to-the-minute updates on the police investigation, etc.  It's not even about police shootings and real murder anymore - they take low-level incidents like the Starbucks arrest and Covington and give it tons of coverage for a reason.  It's not lunatic fringe.  It totally is embedded in the normal left/right character and consciousness of this country.

Jansen

« Reply #57663 on: January 31, 2019, 03:03:08 PM »
Jansen, at least try to not sound petty.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #57664 on: January 31, 2019, 03:04:57 PM »
Agressions can get pretty grotesque, I don't know if that's really a smell test that is viable.

There's honestly not much more to say and absence of evidence is not necessarily evidence of absence.
ὕβρις

Boredfrom

« Reply #57665 on: January 31, 2019, 03:05:14 PM »
Being perfectly honest, is also weird that the MAGA crowd is calling this a hoax. Even Trump say “that is terrible” and move on. Feels that if there was an attack or not it would be probably better to wait until the police give their results than play detective.

Any celebrity, no matter how minor, is going to draw more than average interest for any involvement in crime, and the grotesque nature of this one along with the... weirdness of certain things not adding up makes it particularly interesting.

Well yes, i’m just arguing is shallow using this as a political or racial counterpoint given how weird the case is. Why the need of REE like people or MAGA idiots to get obsessed about it when it feels can swing either way.

The backlash about the idiot kids in the rally died almost immediately when Trump caved about the shutdown, so I feel most people don’t genuinely care about this outside cultural war browny points.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57666 on: January 31, 2019, 03:09:07 PM »
Being perfectly honest, is also weird that the MAGA crowd is calling this a hoax. Even Trump say “that is terrible” and move on. Feels that if there was an attack or not it would be probably better to wait until the police give their results than play detective.

Any celebrity, no matter how minor, is going to draw more than average interest for any involvement in crime, and the grotesque nature of this one along with the... weirdness of certain things not adding up makes it particularly interesting.

Well yes, i’m just arguing is shallow using this as a political or racial counterpoint given how weird the case is. Why the need of REE like people or MAGA idiots to get obsessed about it when it feels can swing either way.

The backlash about the idiot kids in the rally died almost immediately when Trump caved about the shutdown, so I feel most people don’t genuinely care about this outside cultural war browny points.

Yeah, I agree; I mean, I know exactly why certain Era posters are hammering F5 for every detail no matter how irrelevant - its because if spiritually true its proof of the bogeyman they keep claiming is out to get them.

There sure is a lot of ass showing in that topic though, from everything from an AP straight reportage being 'clickbait', through to incompetent cops not doing their job properly and treating the victim as suspect, when the victim is actively hindering that selfsame investigation.

BikeJesus

« Reply #57667 on: January 31, 2019, 03:09:52 PM »
The covington thing died down when it turned out most of the media portrayed it is a heavily biased way and had to issue retractions, corrections, etc. They killed the story after it stopped fitting their narrative.

Yeah, I agree; I mean, I know exactly why certain Era posters are hammering F5 for every detail no matter how irrelevant - its because if spiritually true its proof of the bogeyman they keep claiming is out to get them.

There sure is a lot of ass showing in that topic though, from everything from an AP straight reportage being 'clickbait', through to incompetent cops not doing their job properly and treating the victim as suspect, when the victim is actively hindering that selfsame investigation.

If a cop is doing their job properly, everyone is a suspect until eliminated as one. If the guy won't give up phone records to help corroborate his story, it makes sense they would find that suspicious.

Boredfrom

« Reply #57668 on: January 31, 2019, 03:09:56 PM »
I mean you have Pelosi, Waters, Harris, etc already accepting the narrative and using it in their rhetoric so the time for 'wait and see' has already passed. Unless you consider them to be 'on the fring

Dude, fucking Trump said “this is terrible”. They are politicians and, while horrible, the if he lies people are only going to shit on the actor or if is true the actor is going to be a martyr; everything in between is going to be forgotten unless there is something more horrible behind that.

Boredfrom

« Reply #57669 on: January 31, 2019, 03:12:41 PM »
The covington thing died down when it turned out most of the media portrayed it is a heavily biased way and had to issue retractions, corrections, etc. They killed the story after it stopped fitting their narrative.

Being fair, the story was killed because the true story was a not story (assholes screaming to assholes in a political demonstration). The fact that the other side of the media really wanted to put this kids as martyrs when the truth come out should be your bigger concern.

BikeJesus

« Reply #57670 on: January 31, 2019, 03:13:50 PM »
I mean you have Pelosi, Waters, Harris, etc already accepting the narrative and using it in their rhetoric so the time for 'wait and see' has already passed. Unless you consider them to be 'on the fring

Dude, fucking Trump said “this is terrible”. They are politicians and, while horrible, the if he lies people are only going to shit on the actor or if is true the actor is going to be a martyr; everything in between is going to be forgotten unless there is something more horrible behind that.

Saying 'this is horrible' makes sense. Going on to say 'this is because of Trump and the environment he created' does not make sense.

Being fair, the story was killed because the true story was a not story (assholes screaming to assholes in a political demonstration). The fact that the other side of the media really wanted to put this kids as martyrs when the truth come out should be your bigger concern.

So the issue is not that the media did everything in their power to smear some high-school kids, it is that other people came to their defense? Some of those kids seems like dumb shitheads, but it wasn't in anyway like the media portrayed it. And using their position of power to go after highschool kids is disgusting. When the story broke you didn't see any mention of the black israelites calling them incest babies, future school shooters, etc etc. You didn't hear about how the native guy came up to them. Instead, it was that the kids surrounded the native guy.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 09:42:20 PM by BikeJesus »

Boredfrom

« Reply #57671 on: January 31, 2019, 03:18:17 PM »

Saying 'this is horrible' makes sense. Going on to say 'this is because of Trump and the environment he created' does not make sense.

Why? Trump is a scumbag and the people still supporting him at this point are insane or idiots. The fact that MAGA idiots are more concerned about this being a hoax or not is kind of horrible in its own right.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57672 on: January 31, 2019, 03:19:32 PM »
So the issue is not that the media did everything in their power to smear some high-school kids, it is that other people came to their defense?

I mean, that makes 'the media' seem more actively complicit than they were; it was really more that unknown Bad Faith Actors created a neat little packaged narrative that some people wanted to be true, and they just ran with what they got served up in a neat little bow.

Which is just shitty lack of due diligence on their part less than active maliciousness. Although the end results might end up the same, and in a climate where people are actively attempting to undermine the concept of a free press really doesn;t help things.

BikeJesus

« Reply #57673 on: January 31, 2019, 03:20:19 PM »

Why? Trump is a scumbag and the people still supporting him at this point are insane or idiots. The fact that MAGA idiots are more concerned about this being a hoax or not is kind of horrible in its own right.

So are the journalists following the story and reporting facts also 'MAGA idiots'? I mean that is where the information is coming from.

So the issue is not that the media did everything in their power to smear some high-school kids, it is that other people came to their defense?

I mean, that makes 'the media' seem more actively complicit than they were; it was really more that unknown Bad Faith Actors created a neat little packaged narrative that some people wanted to be true, and they just ran with what they got served up in a neat little bow.

Which is just shitty lack of due diligence on their part less than active maliciousness. Although the end results might end up the same, and in a climate where people are actively attempting to undermine the concept of a free press really doesn;t help things.

It is great that you think they just made an oopsie. I actually think it was malicious and part of an agenda.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #57674 on: January 31, 2019, 03:21:15 PM »

People calling MAGA hats the new KKK hood are also insane though. It's not like this fervor is entirely Trumps fault, people are spiraling out of their minds these days.

Boredfrom

« Reply #57675 on: January 31, 2019, 03:24:15 PM »

Given how fast the defenders dropped the issue when the spotlight was on “Trump stupid shutdown plan fails”, I will say they didn’t have the intention to push this a a separate affair of “poor Trump supporters”.

Jansen

« Reply #57676 on: January 31, 2019, 03:25:46 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #57677 on: January 31, 2019, 03:26:34 PM »

People calling MAGA hats the new KKK hood are also insane though. It's not like this fervor is entirely Trumps fault, people are spiraling out of their minds these days.

He is pretty comfortable in allowing people branding his followers like that, though. Hell, he is pretty comfortable on encouraging the worst of people in either side.

BikeJesus

« Reply #57678 on: January 31, 2019, 03:26:45 PM »

Given how fast the defenders dropped the issue when the spotlight was on “Trump stupid shutdown plan fails”, I will say they didn’t have the intention to push this a a separate affair of “poor Trump supporters”.

So they shouldn't cover current news and should instead focus on something they already debunked?

The fact that the other side of the media really wanted to put this kids as martyrs when the truth come out should be your bigger concern.

So you want it both ways. Call them out for covering it, then call them out for moving on after.

Boredfrom

« Reply #57679 on: January 31, 2019, 03:28:00 PM »

So they shouldn't cover current news and should instead focus on something they already debunked?

???

Boredfrom

« Reply #57680 on: January 31, 2019, 03:33:25 PM »

The fact that the other side of the media really wanted to put this kids as martyrs when the truth come out should be your bigger concern.

So you want it both ways. Call them out for covering it, then call them out for moving on after.

I’m saying the ones in the media that moved after (Fox News and others in the conservative machine) the shutdown failed are not genuinely concerned about reporting the truth or make self reflection given they were almost of making martyrs those kids. You think is coincidence that a cunt like Ann Coulter was trying to hype those kids visiting the White House before Trump caves?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57681 on: January 31, 2019, 03:34:01 PM »
It is great that you think they just made an oopsie. I actually think it was malicious and part of an agenda.

I think most traditional news outlets have less reach than whatevers trending on twitter, so their journalistic standards slip into covering things that "everyone is talking about" regardless of where that story came from or the veracity of it, because they're actually competing with all the other news sources, not collaborating with them in a social engineering experiment.

which is just as depressing, but for entirely different reasons.

Boredfrom

« Reply #57682 on: January 31, 2019, 03:42:02 PM »

I think most traditional news outlets have less reach than whatevers trending on twitter, so their journalistic standards slip into covering things that "everyone is talking about" regardless of where that story came from or the veracity of it, because they're actually competing with all the other news sources, not collaborating with them in a social engineering experiment.

which is just as depressing, but for entirely different reasons.

Is more depressing when you consider that people,like those in Reee, that would be okay if the media was a giant social engineering experiment as long they were allies to them.

BikeJesus

« Reply #57683 on: January 31, 2019, 03:42:11 PM »
I’m saying the ones in the media that moved after (Fox News and others in the conservative machine) the shutdown failed are not genuinely concerned about reporting the truth or make self reflection given they were almost of making martyrs those kids. You think is coincidence that a cunt like Ann Coulter was trying to hype those kids visiting the White House before Trump caves?

I mean they reported on what happened. How long do you expect them to stay with the story? I am sure it isn't completely out of the medias mind. They debunked the fake news and moved on. You complain that they stood up for the kid and them complain that they moved on to other news. I don't know what you want and I don't know what anne coulter has to do with it.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #57684 on: January 31, 2019, 03:44:14 PM »
Guys I need some help.

All the data shows that I should delete Facebook for my mental health.

However, I only use Facebook to post photos of my expensive trips to exotic destinations.

If I delete Facebook, I wont be able to show people how much fun I have.

What do I do
:O

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57685 on: January 31, 2019, 03:45:50 PM »
I haven't been following the Jussie Smolett thing that much

He was hospitalized for being attacked with bleach, right?  Is he still in the hospital, is he out?  Did he get actual bleach burns or was it a splash that he wiped off real fast and a couple bruises and he didn't really need to go to the hospital at all?

If I was going to put on a big hoax to get people even more angry at maga folks, and I was a famous actor, I probably wouldn't do anything potentially disfiguring to myself

I'd make some bruises or cuts in convenient locations that can be covered up when I'm acting

I wouldn't dunk my face in bleach or carve a backwards T on my cheek
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #57686 on: January 31, 2019, 03:48:32 PM »

I mean they reported on what happened. How long do you expect them to stay with the story? I am sure it isn't completely out of the medias mind. They debunked the fake news and moved on. You complain that they stood up for the kid and them complain that they moved on to other news. I don't know what you want and I don't know what anne coulter has to do with it.

Wait, what?

You were the one mentioning “they killed the story because narrative”

I’m just mentioning that the republican conservative machine is also part of the mass media.

Propagandhim

« Reply #57687 on: January 31, 2019, 03:51:01 PM »
Just like the left waits for all the facts before condemning every conservative as a racist nazi? I will always give the benefit of the doubt, but this story doesn't strike me as believable. It is comic levels of racism. That said, I won't call him a liar even if it does seem unbelievable to me. On the same token, I am not going to blindly believe something that sounds so far-fetched.

A) Its not "the left" or "the right", its the lunatic fringes on either side. Most people that identify as either don't act the way their political paisans do on the internet.

It's not the fringe and it's getting old hearing people try to ameliorate America's issues of divisiveness like this.  There is a huge, mainstream appeal for editorial and media packaging of racial conflict in this country - I can turn on a news channel at any point in the day and see this story being covered with panels, talking heads, up-to-the-minute updates on the police investigation, etc.  It's not even about police shootings and real murder anymore - they take low-level incidents like the Starbucks arrest and Covington and give it tons of coverage for a reason.  It's not lunatic fringe.  It totally is embedded in the normal left/right character and consciousness of this country.

How often does that stuff come up in your day to day life? The news also spent most of my life scaring the shit out of me because a stranger would abduct me, computer would shut down forever on Jan 1st 2000, Black people are dangerous and commit all the crime, etc.

Stories like that behoove them because they're forced to be on the air 24/7 and literally have nothing of note to talk about. Most people have enough sense to realize the world isn't as bad as CNN and FOX make it out to be.

So yes, it is to appeal to the fringe, the most vocal and active.

Most if not all of my friends are left leaning, yet I don't think we ever talk politics. If what you're suggesting is true, being a liberal means constant activism and conversation, which just doesn't happen in real life. Normal people have shit to do and bills to pay.

I see it as more pervasive, but that could be because of my location or my industry.

BikeJesus

« Reply #57688 on: January 31, 2019, 03:51:30 PM »

Wait, what?

I’m just mentioning that the republican conservative machine is also part of the mass media.

I am saying that the fake news stopped attacking the kids and so fox stopped defending them.

Boredfrom

« Reply #57689 on: January 31, 2019, 03:54:24 PM »

Wait, what?

I am saying that the fake news stopped attacking the kids and so fox stopped defending them.

:sabu :woody :girlaff :whatisthis  :doge

Dude...

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57690 on: January 31, 2019, 04:07:10 PM »
Guys I need some help.

However, I only use Facebook to post photos of my expensive trips to exotic destinations.

What do I do
Thats really more an Instagram or Tabris thread thing to do than FB

BikeJesus

« Reply #57691 on: January 31, 2019, 04:09:43 PM »
Laugh all you want. I think fox news is shit as well, but at least they have positive and negative stories about Trump. The fake news is only negative. It is actually pretty sad that someone who used to consider themselves on the left has to turn to fox news to get the other side of the story.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #57692 on: January 31, 2019, 04:10:26 PM »
Guys I need some help.

What do I do
Thats really more an Instagram or Tabris thread thing to do than FB

I dont use Instagram and I am banned on resetera dot com
:O

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #57693 on: January 31, 2019, 04:15:08 PM »
It is actually pretty sad that someone who used to consider themselves on the left has to turn to fox news to get the other side of the story.
what's sadder is getting your news from any cable corporate propaganda :donot

Boredfrom

« Reply #57694 on: January 31, 2019, 04:15:21 PM »
Laugh all you want. I think fox news is shit as well, but at least they have positive and negative stories about Trump. The fake news is only negative. It is actually pretty sad that someone who used to consider themselves on the left has to turn to fox news to get the other side of the story.

I feel is worse that you are a Trumptard than anything else.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #57695 on: January 31, 2019, 04:18:15 PM »
It is actually pretty sad that someone who used to consider themselves on the left has to turn to fox news to get the other side of the story.
what's sadder is getting your news from any cable corporate propaganda :donot

Exactly. Has Kirblar taught you nothing?
Margs

BikeJesus

« Reply #57696 on: January 31, 2019, 04:20:27 PM »
Ok, great, call me a Trumptard. I don't agree with a lot of the shit he does. If it makes you feel better though, go ahead.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #57697 on: January 31, 2019, 04:22:04 PM »
more like the young jerks

Boredfrom

« Reply #57698 on: January 31, 2019, 04:22:59 PM »
Honestly, don’t really. At this point is mostly sad.

BikeJesus

« Reply #57699 on: January 31, 2019, 04:28:34 PM »
Yeah but at least I get more filler likes than my dad does.

edit:  :rejoice
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 04:35:36 PM by BikeJesus »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #57700 on: January 31, 2019, 04:30:01 PM »
Just get all your latest Trump news from:

@realDonaldTrump

Why use a filter when you can go in raw
🤴

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #57701 on: January 31, 2019, 04:31:28 PM »

People calling MAGA hats the new KKK hood are also insane though.

Insane, maybe. But anyone with a MAGA hat on at this point is suspect. I'm sorry, but someone has to say it.

Boredfrom

« Reply #57702 on: January 31, 2019, 04:33:04 PM »

Insane, maybe. But anyone with a MAGA hat on at this point is suspect. I'm sorry, but someone has to say it.

I will not call them racist or bigots by default, but I will say they are most probably  scumbags.

Boredfrom

« Reply #57703 on: January 31, 2019, 04:34:36 PM »
Just get all your latest Trump news from:

@realDonaldTrump

Why use a filter when you can go in raw

Real tallk, at least BikeJesus is genuine rather than you and filler.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #57704 on: January 31, 2019, 04:35:09 PM »
Ok, great, call me a Trumptard. I don't agree with a lot of the shit he does. If it makes you feel better though, go ahead.

benjipwns

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #57706 on: January 31, 2019, 04:36:10 PM »

I will not call them racist or bigots by default, but I will say they are most probably  scumbags.

It's a huge troll though. It's akin to a "the future is female" shirt to piss of the cons, or a "liberal snowflake" shirt on a bikejesus to piss off the libs. It's all assholes posturing trying to push buttons, because clearly pisses people off.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 04:41:07 PM by stufte »

benjipwns

« Reply #57707 on: January 31, 2019, 04:36:49 PM »

stufte

« Reply #57708 on: January 31, 2019, 04:38:24 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
that poor man in the yellow shirt :brazilcry

They finally released the Jussie assault video?  :letsfukk

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #57709 on: January 31, 2019, 04:39:02 PM »
The other players keep picking on him, even though he's so unsteady on his feet. :(

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #57710 on: January 31, 2019, 04:39:03 PM »
I vividly remember when everyone made fun of the hats. Because they were cheaply made in Mexico and China and you had to be dumb to buy a hat from Trump.

Then he won and it was suddenly a KKK hood.

🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #57711 on: January 31, 2019, 04:39:58 PM »
Yep, they're like Bernie Sanders supporters, only slightly less interested in established a white supremacist ethnostate.

Boredfrom

« Reply #57712 on: January 31, 2019, 04:42:24 PM »
I feel you still need to be a dumbass to buy a MAGA hat from Trump.

Propagandhim

« Reply #57713 on: January 31, 2019, 04:43:21 PM »
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 04:47:25 PM by Propagandhim »

BikeJesus

« Reply #57714 on: January 31, 2019, 04:46:50 PM »
Fuck I hate that fucking guy, but

IQ is NOT the only measure of a person’s worth for heaven’s sake!

Are whites “inferior” for having lower IQs on avg than East Asians?

Of course not.

Knowing the gaps helps us hate each other less, because we have the answer to large group differences, and it’s NOT racism!

Is actually something I agree with. Acknowledging differences is not the same as thinking some people are worth less. Everyone deserves equal treatment regardless of their luck in the genetic lottery.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #57715 on: January 31, 2019, 04:54:41 PM »
I get all of my opinions from The Young Turks

:snob
https://twitter.com/stefanmolyneux/status/1085250172303503360

I don't watch YT, but I would watch a YT XXX parody called the Hung Turks.
©@©™

stufte

benjipwns

« Reply #57719 on: January 31, 2019, 05:10:28 PM »
100% more Keith :leon