Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5829236 times)

Propagandhim

Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #57900 on: February 01, 2019, 02:47:33 PM »
I would like to take this moment to point out that I, unlike Marrec, would not assume blacks will invariably loot a place for its resources during a disaster and state of emergency.

:bedroomeyes

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #57901 on: February 01, 2019, 02:48:13 PM »
Does retromelon post here?

He got banned for not supporting Kamala
I've been trying to get him to post here for over a year and he refuses. Based on what he told me the last time we talked on discord, I just assumed he was dead by now.

Also links pls
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #57902 on: February 01, 2019, 02:52:20 PM »

:trumps

Why do people keep posting on Ree thinking they'll escape justice.  :cop
🤴

marrec

« Reply #57903 on: February 01, 2019, 02:52:23 PM »
I would like to take this moment to point out that I, unlike Marrec, would not assume blacks will invariably loot a place for its resources during a disaster and state of emergency.

*smug head shake*

Ah but you already did, because I said "neighborhoods" I did not mention race

:patel

Propagandhim

« Reply #57904 on: February 01, 2019, 02:54:13 PM »

*smug head shake*

:pacspit

Boredfrom

« Reply #57905 on: February 01, 2019, 02:59:55 PM »
People in general can be genuinely stupid when is about looting and self preservation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/19/mexico-explosion-deaths-burst-pipeline-gasoline

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #57906 on: February 01, 2019, 03:03:20 PM »

*smug head shake*

Propaganadadamahim annihilated.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57907 on: February 01, 2019, 03:05:50 PM »
They need to stay safe from all the thots and prayers being sent their way
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #57908 on: February 01, 2019, 03:07:35 PM »
Still sucks, dude.

Also, avocados are good for you.  :bolo

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #57909 on: February 01, 2019, 03:09:01 PM »
LMFAOOOO can't believe all u fukkin CACS tellin' folk to go to the police station if they is a zombie outbreak u finna trick us fam we all know that place ain't safe for POC... FOH with that shit and don't give me none of that 'there are black cops, though' BULL SHIT that marvin branagh bitch a fukkin COON :yuck

Boredfrom

« Reply #57910 on: February 01, 2019, 03:11:54 PM »
That was painful, Jenkem.

Leadbelly

« Reply #57911 on: February 01, 2019, 03:23:02 PM »
The other thing is, there are many police stations in America that have a significant percentage of minority police officers. It's not like police departments are just filled with white rednecks.

Would anyone really think, in any case, in the midst of a Zombie Apocalypse, the police would be more concerned about arresting people of colour on trumped up charges than the threat of Zombies all over the city? Plant like cocaine in their back pocket and tell them to put their hands up.

"I told you to put your hands up!"

*Shoots unarmed man*

"I thought I saw a gun"

Now I think y'all are being unfair... a bit. I do think there would be specific communities or neighborhoods who wouldn't trust the police or a police station even in the event of something like a zombie apocalypse... I can think of quite a few neighborhoods in Pittsburgh that would rather loot the police station and make their own safe house. Trust in the police isn't immaterial simply for lack of a proper catalyst.

What's stupid about the line is that it's insulting to even imagine in the context of Resident Evil 2, a remake of a bad cheesy 90s zombie game. There are plenty of things you can critique about Resident Evil 2, but invoking minority distrust of police is just fucking virtue signaling 100%.

Sure there is distrust of the police. And I imagine there would be people who would do things their own way. That would include white people as well I imagine. The types that have a wardrobe full of guns. Part of that post I'm joking. The idea that the police in the middle of a zombie apocalypse would be concerned about fucking over people of colour while zombies are breaking through the windows and shit seems kind of funny to me. lol

And yeah, it's not worth mentioning when critiquing a 20 year old game with a cheesy b-movie plot. I guess, my main issue is not so much whether people would choose not to trsut the police, it is what official measures should authorities take exactly in such a situation? Obviously a ludicrous situation. If it is laughably naive, what exactly is he suggesting? It seems perfectly logical that any safe haven, whether it be the police station, or a sports centre, or whatever, you would want  a significant police or military presence. Early on though, the police would probably be the only option. The alternative is to fend for yourself.

I couldn't imagine even in today's 'woke' society where we are supposed to be more aware about these issues, they wouldn't suggest this as an option.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 03:28:29 PM by Leadbelly »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57912 on: February 01, 2019, 03:24:23 PM »
I suppose my thinking that a police station is a pretty defensible location is partly based on the idea most people in my country that aren't the police don't have any guns, ammo, or body armour.

the other part is I've seen (the original) Assault On Precinct 13.
MEGABLAAAAAAAAST

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #57913 on: February 01, 2019, 03:40:49 PM »

I've been trying to get him to post here for over a year and he refuses. Based on what he told me the last time we talked on discord, I just assumed he was dead by now.

Also links pls

If you support Kamala Harris you disgust me and I would rather have trump than her

User Banned (Duration Pending): Trolling, disingenuous posting. History of similar behavior, including previous bans.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wapo-sen-cory-booker-of-new-jersey-joins-the-2020-presidential-race.97037/page-3#post-17472619

I dont know if we should invite someone with a history here. Yikes.
:O

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57914 on: February 01, 2019, 03:43:55 PM »
what the fuck dude that's not lack of supporting Kamala, that's active support of Trump  :dizzy
Uncle

shosta

« Reply #57915 on: February 01, 2019, 03:48:18 PM »
LMFAO. There's no way he actually meant that, it's just his usual kind of humor. If you're gonna go out, though, it should be over something way better than that
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #57916 on: February 01, 2019, 03:51:10 PM »
Obama ordered drone strikes that killed children if we're gonna play that game

I'm sure you're very upset with him. Come back king! We miss you

:smug

shosta

« Reply #57917 on: February 01, 2019, 03:52:09 PM »
:dead ok that's good
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #57918 on: February 01, 2019, 03:55:12 PM »
The other thing is, there are many police stations in America that have a significant percentage of minority police officers. It's not like police departments are just filled with white rednecks.

Would anyone really think, in any case, in the midst of a Zombie Apocalypse, the police would be more concerned about arresting people of colour on trumped up charges than the threat of Zombies all over the city? Plant like cocaine in their back pocket and tell them to put their hands up.

*Shoots unarmed man*

"I thought I saw a gun"

No need for all that in a zombie apocalypse, just say they were bitten.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #57919 on: February 01, 2019, 03:55:44 PM »
Waypoint is gutter trash.
Glad it's gone or about to be demolished.

Also if her haters were smart they'd flood AOC with poems, Sonic/AOC fanart or something else she can't report.  :thinking

Sadly, they're this guy.

(Image removed from quote.)
A rare MAG who eventually evolved into MAGA.

That's a Pokemon you don't see often in the wild.

At least he makes it easy to identify him as an inbred. Between the sign, the do-rag and the Cardinals t-shirt, I mean.

Are you a degenerate enough dude to save the President ?
ὕβρις

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #57920 on: February 01, 2019, 03:56:46 PM »

*Shoots unarmed man*

"I thought I saw a gun"

This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read. There’s hordes of zombies roaming around. Just shoot the bastard and say he was definitely a zombie.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #57921 on: February 01, 2019, 04:01:00 PM »
That Danielle Riendeu girl has brought up that she's an emt at least 1000 times since starting at that site. Jesus christ get a personality or something.

I like Riendeau but I only listened to podcasts, never read her stuff. Yeah she brought the EMT bit some times here too but I thought she was fairly personable for a videogame journalist.
ὕβρις

jorma

« Reply #57922 on: February 01, 2019, 04:01:22 PM »

*smug head shake*

Wait a minute, now it sounds like you are suggesting that other races and possibly even white people could have it as bad as black people do when it comes to police treatment, because why else would they prefer to loot the station?  You aint as slick as you think.

besides, the police station is hardly a safe house, because it's fucking crawling with zombies, AND they loot the fuck out of that place. Waypoint annihilated for the second time today.

jorma

« Reply #57923 on: February 01, 2019, 04:04:27 PM »
what the fuck dude that's not lack of supporting Kamala, that's active support of Trump  :dizzy

"I hate Kamala so much i would rather vote for Trump" is hardly support of Trump :lol

This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read. There’s hordes of zombies roaming around. Just shoot the bastard and say he was definitely a zombie.

force of habit?

james

« Reply #57924 on: February 01, 2019, 04:07:36 PM »
LMFAO. There's no way he actually meant that, it's just his usual kind of humor. If you're gonna go out, though, it should be over something way better than that

One does not simply walk away from disingenuous posting

thetylerrob

« Reply #57925 on: February 01, 2019, 04:14:17 PM »
That Danielle Riendeu girl has brought up that she's an emt at least 1000 times since starting at that site. Jesus christ get a personality or something.

I like Riendeau but I only listened to podcasts, never read her stuff. Yeah she brought the EMT bit some times here too but I thought she was fairly personable for a videogame journalist.
How many podcasts did you listen to? I only listened to a couple but she consistently brought it up at least once an episode. She struck me as just another boring white girl that does well in academia but has no authenticity whatsoever.

BikeJesus

« Reply #57926 on: February 01, 2019, 04:14:52 PM »

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #57927 on: February 01, 2019, 04:23:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ny-times-y-a-author-pulls-her-debut-after-pre-publication-accusations-of-racism.97146/

Weird how none of these posters seem to recognize this behavior in themselves

So far the responses are all reasonable in that thread. Is this the turning point? Does the derangement fever start going down from here?

james

« Reply #57928 on: February 01, 2019, 04:28:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ny-times-y-a-author-pulls-her-debut-after-pre-publication-accusations-of-racism.97146/

From the twitter character:

Sensitivity Reads

In sensitivity reads, I will thoroughly read through your manuscript for any plot points, language, imagery, etc. that is likely or prone to offend marginalized people. This will include both a line by line indication of any insensitivities as well as a report detailing any major plot elements that should be reexamined and/or changed. I will only read for marginalizations that I have first-hand experience with. The responses I provide are to help you improve your manuscript and mitigate harm. My sensitivity reads are in no way an endorsement for your writing or allyship. You may choose to accept or reject any advice I provide and I do not guarantee that any sensitivity reads will protect you from critique or offense.

Note: As I’ve said many times before, marginalized people are not a monolith. I can only provide knowledge and advice per my own experience with these marginalized identities. Other members of the same marginalization may very well disagree with what I consider sensitive or insensitive.

I will read for the following marginalizations:

Black/Black American/Black Caribbean/African Diaspora*/Afro-Latinx
    East Asian/Asian American/Chinese*/Japanese
    Latinx/Puerto Rican*
    Mental Illness/ADHD/Anxiety/Depression/Suicide/Bipolar Disorder
    Queer/Bisexual*/Pansexual/Aromantic/Asexual/Genderfluid/Genderqueer*/trans*/mlm*/wlw relationships*

*- identities that I share for whom my expertise is less refined. I’ll read for all of these identities, but I recommend secondary readers whose experiences may align more closely.

Please include which identities you’d like me to read for when submitting your manuscript. I will point out all sensitivity issues I see (even for marginalizations that I do not share if pertinent), but my focus will be on the identities requested.

I require a minimum of two (2) weeks for sensitivity reads, but completion time may vary depending on traffic. For sensitivity reads, I charge $.01/word with a $10 minimum charge. All sensitivity reads for stories under 1,000 words will cost $10. *Discounts are available for students and marginalized authors. Please email for a specialty quote.
https://ctcallahan.com/author-services/

If the good folks at resetera ever followed a link (they dont, they only read titles) theyd find out that their outrage culture could be profitable!

A sensitivity consultation is where I will discuss with you the premise of your story, character tropes, and other potential insensitive material before you begin writing. This service is intended to help you determine if a story is too sensitive for you to write outside of your lane, to determine potential pitfalls, and examine the safest approaches to your work before dedicating your time to the writing process. Many problematic stories would benefit from this service more so than a sensitivity read because it protects stories from being written on a problematic foundation. For a sensitivity consultation, I will read over a summary of your story as well as a summary of its characters. I will then send a detailed analysis featuring any potential problems I see along with explanations and advice on how to avoid these pitfalls. Additional consultations may be requested as alterations are made to the original concept drafts.

aaaaaand this is why people use pen-names.

Bonus: This is what the same twitter character does:

https://twitter.com/MuMD0G/status/1091363266318790659

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #57929 on: February 01, 2019, 04:31:12 PM »

How many podcasts did you listen to? I only listened to a couple but she consistently brought it up at least once an episode. She struck me as just another boring white girl that does well in academia but has no authenticity whatsoever.

A bunch of "idle weekends". And yeah she brought it up several times along with her relation to her parents, the New England upbringing and a few other things. I probably wouldn't have listened if Rob Zacny didn't co host though. She's wayyyy too much into Nintendo for me.
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57930 on: February 01, 2019, 04:35:02 PM »
Uncle

Jansen

« Reply #57931 on: February 01, 2019, 04:38:03 PM »
Quote from: Pata Hikari, post: 17481316, member: 38421
They love it because there aren't any minorities.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-dont-understand-anyone-that-loves-rural-living.97097/page-5#post-17481316

Yes they are all racist

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57932 on: February 01, 2019, 04:41:38 PM »
Quote from: Pata Hikari, post: 17481316, member: 38421
They love it because there aren't any minorities.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-dont-understand-anyone-that-loves-rural-living.97097/page-5#post-17481316

Yes they are all racist

PATA HIKARI BITCH AN ASIAN CHICK JUST PUT A DIVERSE CAST IN HER BREAKOUT BOOK AND PEOPLE RAN HER OUT OF TOWN BECAUSE SHE PUT TOO MANY MINORITIES IN IT
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57933 on: February 01, 2019, 04:44:40 PM »
"Oh Ms. Zhao we are delighted to see you didn't let the criticisms get you down and have resubmitted your novel!  How are you tackling the subject of race this time?  Have you managed to address the issues while maintaining a diverse cast?"

Uncle

jorma

« Reply #57934 on: February 01, 2019, 04:48:04 PM »
"Oh Ms. Zhao we are delighted to see you didn't let the criticisms get you down and have resubmitted your novel!  How are you tackling the subject of race this time?  Have you managed to address the issues while maintaining a diverse cast?"

no, she should probably just change them all into werewolves  :lol :lol :lol

« Reply #57935 on: February 01, 2019, 04:53:29 PM »
The only way to stop a bad guy with a dickwolf is a good guy with a werewolf

jorma

« Reply #57936 on: February 01, 2019, 04:55:21 PM »

but for the love of god, don't give your werewolf a surname derived from Scandinavian culture unless you're actually from Scandinavia. "James Wolfson" is a big no no. Stay in your lane you murican bitches.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57937 on: February 01, 2019, 05:07:21 PM »

Yes the solution to tackling issues of race is the Zootopia model, make everyone a furry and then everyone criticizing you is kinkshaming  :rollsafe
Uncle

jorma

« Reply #57938 on: February 01, 2019, 05:13:26 PM »

Yes the solution to tackling issues of race is the Zootopia model, make everyone a furry and then everyone criticizing you is kinkshaming  :rollsafe

Akshually, i read her thread and surprise, surprise - it turns out that everyone who criticizes her awful take is a troll.  ::)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57939 on: February 01, 2019, 05:36:53 PM »

So some Twitter asshole wrecked someone's career to try and push their 'woke consultant' grift.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #57940 on: February 01, 2019, 05:42:46 PM »

So some Twitter asshole wrecked someone's career to try and push their 'woke consultant' grift.

Note: As I’ve said many times before, marginalized people are not a monolith. I can only provide knowledge and advice per my own experience with these marginalized identities. Other members of the same marginalization may very well disagree with what I consider sensitive or insensitive.

They literally undercut the service they are offering.

:girlaff

james

« Reply #57941 on: February 01, 2019, 05:56:26 PM »

They also undercut it right here.

"Yes, this is someone I would like to hire"

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #57942 on: February 01, 2019, 05:56:26 PM »
This account's Tweets are protected.
Only confirmed followers have access to @AuthorCCallahan's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request.

"HELP I'M BEING HARASSED FOR POSTING MY HORRIBLE TAKES!"

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57943 on: February 01, 2019, 06:01:48 PM »

They also undercut it right here.

"Yes, this is someone I would like to hire"

um no all of those things provide them with more credibility

"oh look honey he's so culturally/racially sensitive that he even acknowledges his own privileged point of view, and look he has all the disorders as well so we know his suffering provides him with maximum perspective on how to be sensitive to those issues"
Uncle

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #57944 on: February 01, 2019, 06:15:30 PM »
If you write characters who are DEFINED by their sexuality/skin color/etc. in a book where those traits have no bearing on the plot, then those are badly written characters.

"Lieutenant, engage the FTL drive."
"I'm a disabled pansexual, right away!"

Occam

« Reply #57945 on: February 01, 2019, 06:31:02 PM »

Sadly, they're this guy.

Talking about useless information, a reporter actually identified the man a couple of years ago. His name is Josh 'Randy' Sullivan and he is exactly as smart as you thought he was. This is his twitter account: https://mobile.twitter.com/BirdsOnBats06

Relevant part of the interview:
"Randy, thanks for talking with me. First off, let's get some background. Where are you from, and what do you do?

I'm from Decatur, Illinois, born and raised. And until a few months ago, I worked at the local corn sugar factory.

As I'm sure you know, the photograph of you at the‒

‒I can't talk about that. I'm in the process of suing that photographer and a bunch of internet people, if I can find a lawyer who'll represent me. [To tape recorder] If anyone listening to this is a lawyer or an attorney, please contact my twitter so I can sue somebody."
Source: https://www.sbnation.com/2011/7/17/2279239/get-a-brain-morans

Yep, he thought people were listening to the journalist's tape recorder.
Presumably he never found anyone to help him sue those pesky internet people, poor guy.

Boredfrom

« Reply #57946 on: February 01, 2019, 06:35:37 PM »

That situation is pretty horrible and is pretty depressing she cave. Huge mistake for her.

Reee lack of self awareness is also pretty shitty. Bunch of scumbags.

james

« Reply #57947 on: February 01, 2019, 06:37:04 PM »
Randy from the corn sugar factory, for fucks sake.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57948 on: February 01, 2019, 06:40:01 PM »

um no all of those things provide them with more credibility

"oh look honey he's so culturally/racially sensitive that he even acknowledges his own privileged point of view, and look he has all the disorders as well so we know his suffering provides him with maximum perspective on how to be sensitive to those issues"

It also waived indemnity for outrage insurance if you fall for their grift purchase their extremely valuable insight and they tell you your pansexual Alaskan never nude would definitely enjoy ice cream, and some twitterati ends up calling you an insensitive shitlord and starting a gofundme to have your books withdrawn and pulled because they're lactose intolerant

Boredfrom

« Reply #57949 on: February 01, 2019, 06:41:45 PM »
According to that article, YA publishers are now hiring sensitivity readers to read manuscripts and point out any problematic or harmful aspects promoted or present in the text.

Oh boy, that is horrible. Fuck this world.

Boredfrom

« Reply #57950 on: February 01, 2019, 06:46:41 PM »
Did you read the entire point she was making or just the first line?

What she was talking about wasn't that books with problematic content should be shut down, but that there are numerous hands that touch a book before it comes out who have the ability to guide the author, so it's not entirely just the author who is to blame if it come out.

Frankly, I think it's entirely justifiable to question the motives of people who are focusing on that one line at the expense of the main thrust of the argument.

That is what Literature needs, books created by committees and focus testing.

Go fuck yourself L Thammy, I hope you die in a fire.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57951 on: February 01, 2019, 06:52:05 PM »
According to that article, YA publishers are now hiring sensitivity readers to read manuscripts and point out any problematic or harmful aspects promoted or present in the text.

All I can think of is the Penn & Teller Sensitivity Training Bullshit episode
Uncle

FStop7

« Reply #57952 on: February 01, 2019, 06:55:21 PM »
Ree’s going to implode if the Jussie Smollett attack turns out to be fabricated.

Boredfrom

« Reply #57953 on: February 01, 2019, 06:57:26 PM »
If you read the entire article it seems publishing is changing and you have more editorial focus on sensitive content. It’s rather interesting.

Censorship is always interesting.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #57954 on: February 01, 2019, 07:06:55 PM »

What a racket. Publishers going to sue their sensitivity readers if they pass a story and someone on Twitter blows up on it? It’s NEVER enough. I’m rather impressed, wonder how much they get paid. You go Little Queer Werewolf.

tummyfat

« Reply #57955 on: February 01, 2019, 07:15:57 PM »
Ree’s going to implode if the Jussie Smollett attack turns out to be fabricated.
Celebrities and Reee posters are nuts for putting al their eggs into that basket, there’s almost no shot it happened exactly as he claimed

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #57956 on: February 01, 2019, 07:26:18 PM »
Celebrities and Reee posters are nuts for putting al their eggs into that basket, there’s almost no shot it happened exactly as he claimed

nah like stories before it, once it doesn't fit their narrative they will never speak of it again and if someone brings it up then it will be labelled as a dogwhistle 

Boredfrom

« Reply #57957 on: February 01, 2019, 07:34:52 PM »
Okay, so look at it this way. Someone wants to publish a book in which they've accidentally included content which, if actually published, would cause controversy that might give the author blowback. What are the author's options?

They can go through publishing it themselves or go through vanity publishing, both options in which the author pays for the book to be out instead of getting paid by the publisher, in which case no one's going to care about editing their work and they'll just have to suck up the blowback. Look at the Saving the Pearls novel mentioned earlier, which involves oppressed white characters that have to use blackface to fit into society.

Or they can go through a traditional publisher, in which case the publisher can reject it to avoid the issue completely, provide guidance so that the blowback can be avoided while still getting the thing out, or can publish it anyway and let the blowback potentially hit the author.

Between these situations, the only one where someone is actually taking the interest in helping the author is the one where the author is being given guidance.

And those people are the Editors you bitch. If you care about the author you will not riot because the mean book said something that troubled you.

« Reply #57958 on: February 01, 2019, 07:59:01 PM »
no it wont because whoever says I told you so will be banned

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #57959 on: February 01, 2019, 08:37:07 PM »
It's not fabricated.