Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5893432 times)

Vertigo

Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #57960 on: February 01, 2019, 08:38:43 PM »
At this point whose not on their outrage shitlist?

First page and almost every reply is virtue signalling. For anything else it would count as thread derailment

https://www.resetera.com/threads/idris-elba-in-talks-to-star-in-max-landis-supernatural-thriller-deeper.97113/

Boredfrom

« Reply #57961 on: February 01, 2019, 08:47:31 PM »
Ew. Max Landis.

I tweeted at Elba, could be entirely possible he didn't know it was a Max Landis project, or about his history of being an awful human being. Elba seems like the kinda guy who wouldn't want to be associated with Landis, but might be lack of knowledge rather than poor judgement.

:doge

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #57962 on: February 01, 2019, 08:48:03 PM »
Ew. Max Landis.

I tweeted at Elba, could be entirely possible he didn't know it was a Max Landis project, or about his history of being an awful human being. Elba seems like the kinda guy who wouldn't want to be associated with Landis, but might be lack of knowledge rather than poor judgement.

:rofl

DIGITALLY MURDERED BY BOREDFROM  :cat :cat :exxy :exxy :six: :six: :trigger :trigger  :stop :stop 

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57963 on: February 01, 2019, 08:48:19 PM »
At this point whose not on their outrage shitlist?

First page and almost every reply is virtue signalling. For anything else it would count as thread derailment

https://www.resetera.com/threads/idris-elba-in-talks-to-star-in-max-landis-supernatural-thriller-deeper.97113/

haha and you get a couple replies down the page

"did anything actually come of the Max Landis #metoo?"

"nope it was just rumor"

but no one will notice and he'll go on being a persona el gratin and now Idris Elba too by proxy
Uncle

Leadbelly

« Reply #57964 on: February 01, 2019, 08:54:00 PM »
Ree’s going to implode if the Jussie Smollett attack turns out to be fabricated.
Celebrities and Reee posters are nuts for putting al their eggs into that basket, there’s almost no shot it happened exactly as he claimed

It sounds crazy, but then there are crazy motherfuckers out there. Like that Youtube video I posted recently of Ryan Stone who got 160 years in prison for going on a crazy rampage robbing cars and speeding down the highway. It happened in 2015 but I only just learned about it. He would go so far then stop, throw someone out of another car and speed off down the highway again. At one point he stole a car with a child still in the back seat. He nearly killed a police officer as well. You would think that is crazy enough, but it was the reason he gave that was beyond belief. He learned that you can actually make money off Youtube. So he hatched a plan to create one of the biggest car chases in history using multiple cars and then eventually making money off the footage on Youtube by copyright striking the channels showing it and claiming the money. What....What?

So yeah, crazy things happen. That said, if it turns out to be fake, I wouldn't be surprised if it is then claimed it was a social experiment(lol). That seems to be what happens when one side gets caught. Like the Democrats making fake Russian bot accounts and then claiming it was a social experiment when they got caught.

Either way, it best to wait and see what happens.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57965 on: February 01, 2019, 09:07:27 PM »
The whole situation is just baffling

If you're a famous actor you don't rub bleach all over your primary source of income and go to the hospital to lie just to earn woke points

But if you're an idiot maga enthusiast in a world full of security cameras and cell phones in the middle of a crowded city, you don't completely get away with something like this with zero sightings/no rations used/Big Boss rank earned

So what the fuck
Uncle

Leadbelly

« Reply #57967 on: February 01, 2019, 09:21:34 PM »
The whole situation is just baffling

If you're a famous actor you don't rub bleach all over your primary source of income and go to the hospital to lie just to earn woke points

But if you're an idiot maga enthusiast in a world full of security cameras and cell phones in the middle of a crowded city, you don't completely get away with something like this with zero sightings/no rations used/Big Boss rank earned

So what the fuck

Yeah the lack of CCTV footage is weird. When that former Russian spy and his daughter got poisoned in Salisbury in the UK, they could pretty much track the agents that did it from Gatwick Airport to London, and from London to Salisbury. In London especially, you could track someone from CCTV camera to camera, from one side of London to the other.

I would imagine in a city like Chicago, it would be difficult to avoid cameras.

Leadbelly

« Reply #57968 on: February 01, 2019, 09:27:51 PM »
That would explain it.

tummyfat

« Reply #57969 on: February 01, 2019, 09:30:08 PM »
He either got beat up for someone other reason and invented an anti-Trump way to sell it or he and his manager are mentally ill and thought this was a good way to up his profile and sell some albums and concert tickets

They have some cooberating footage just no footage of the attack. 

This isn't the UK, surveilance isn't as widespread or organized or done by the government as much.   The police largely have to request footage from a shit ton of random businesses and then piece that together with stuff they control if they have any. 

The fact they have footage of him walking around, and 2 guys walking around.. and nothing else.. suggests there's legitimately holes in the area where there are no cameras, or where the police have yet to obtain footage.

Surveillance by the government here is way more specific, like surrounding government buildings, or if it's done by the police in specific hot spots for crime.

You’re wrong. Chicago has a ridiculously wide net of police controlled cameras

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/05/26/us/chicago-police-surveillance.amp.html

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #57970 on: February 01, 2019, 09:33:21 PM »
They have some cooberating footage just no footage of the attack. 

This isn't the UK, surveilance isn't as widespread or organized or done by the government as much.   The police largely have to request footage from a shit ton of random businesses and then piece that together with stuff they control if they have any. 

The fact they have footage of him walking around, and 2 guys walking around.. and nothing else.. suggests there's legitimately holes in the area where there are no cameras, or where the police have yet to obtain footage.

Surveillance by the government here is way more specific, like surrounding government buildings, or if it's done by the police in specific hot spots for crime.

Chicago is different than a lot of US cities though, it has invested a shit ton of money in wide-spread CCTV. The only evidence they have (that has been made public) is that there are 2 people walking in the vicinity of where he claimed to be attacked and a video from the lobby of his complex showing him with a noose around his neck.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57971 on: February 01, 2019, 09:37:21 PM »
You'd think if it was targeted (as in, premeditated such that a threatening letter was sent and they went around with a noose and bleach) there'd be more than "two people walking"

They'd be seen standing around for several hours waiting for him to show up

In -20 degree weather
Uncle

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #57972 on: February 01, 2019, 09:38:49 PM »
For the record, I have no idea what to believe. It's a super fishy story, and the lack of ANY video showing anything is odd, but I'm not going to call the dude a liar. I'm just in it for the Twitter lulz, because the MAGA turds and the Woke turds are fighting an excellent war with a tiny sliver of info to go on.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57973 on: February 01, 2019, 09:43:43 PM »
I'm just as surprised there was no one around, no one looking down from a building above, like what is this an industrial construction zone

No one whipping out a cell phone, no one driving past, like is there even anyone who saw him walking around with a noose in the following minutes?

Apparently he was still wearing the noose in his apartment when the police arrived?
Uncle

stufte

« Reply #57974 on: February 01, 2019, 09:44:06 PM »
It's not that there's gaps, it's that the only thing that they've found is a dark video of 2 randos out walking 30 mins before the attack. There's no footage or eyewitnesses of people running away, or suspicious vehicles, or *anything*.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #57975 on: February 01, 2019, 09:44:18 PM »
his grindr date got too heated so he invented a cockamamie story about being lynched in maga country

he claims he was on the phone while the assault happened but won't allow police to listen to it for intel
also he keeps the noose around his neck for 45 minutes after calling the police
also 2 magapedes walk around chicago at 2am with rope and a bottle of bleach and nothing happens to them
also these magapedes not only watch empire but are intimately familiar with this actor and his work

:beli

:doge

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57976 on: February 01, 2019, 09:46:41 PM »
The phone call is a strict NDA situation, he was discussing his role dubbing some lines for the first black Smash character in upcoming DLC

If the cops heard it they would leak the info and compromise his career
Uncle

stufte

« Reply #57977 on: February 01, 2019, 09:49:41 PM »
yah the phone bit is stupid, lol. And it's what most of the MAGA turds are leaning on on twitter.  :doge

*edit* lol did you even read Uncles post Riotous? hahahahaha

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #57978 on: February 01, 2019, 09:53:51 PM »
If the cops heard it

The fuck are you guys talking about?

How could the cops "hear" a phone call he alleged happened 45 minutes earlier?

wow he really made this hoax involve everything about trump.. pottery

Jansen

« Reply #57979 on: February 01, 2019, 10:00:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/yall-are-sleeping-on-claire-redfield.97203/

Quote from: AdaWong, post: 17491903, member: 29681
Thanks to everyone so far for appreciating the detail! Don't worry, I do this for myself because I love sharing the shit I like to do on my free time haha. But yeah it's hilarious how Era thinks you're trolling if your OP is one line but also thinks you're trolling if your OP has stuff backing up your claims. XD

....yes. You're missing the entire point of all the data I'm crunching. The huge gap but similar clear rate is an important piece to the hypothesis and conclusion.

:no1curr

stufte

« Reply #57980 on: February 01, 2019, 10:04:41 PM »
When SSB jokes go too far. Good job Uncle, you bastard.

BikeJesus

« Reply #57981 on: February 01, 2019, 10:13:36 PM »
Since you guys are back on the jussie situation, a twitter i've been following from a reporter with sources in the cpd said that the police have not seen any evidence of him having a broken rib, and that the security footage of him entering his building shows him still holding his subway sandwich.

So he was on the phone and holding his subway when he was attacked, and neither were damaged or stolen in the 'attack'? Every new piece of info makes it less believable.

https://twitter.com/RaferWeigel/status/1091460453388017666

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #57982 on: February 01, 2019, 10:13:59 PM »
rye sr loves ssb jokes!

#ryedaddy2020

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #57983 on: February 01, 2019, 10:18:37 PM »
yah the phone bit is stupid, lol. And it's what most of the MAGA turds are leaning on on twitter.  :doge

*edit* lol did you even read Uncles post Riotous? hahahahaha

Yes I read the post;  it was the second post in a row that acted like the cops could somehow "listen" to something on his phone.

And yes I read the rest of his joke, it makes no sense because.. again.. what the fuck would the cops "hear"?

so you are saying the cops DON'T need to sit down and listen?  :doge

tummyfat

« Reply #57984 on: February 01, 2019, 10:18:58 PM »
As soon as the investigation turns towards him it’ll fall apart. The phone logs and figuring out where the letter came from will be easy enough

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #57985 on: February 01, 2019, 10:26:10 PM »
Honestly going from tiny Twitter info to info is stupid. Like what does holding his sandwich exactly mean? Was he munching on it? Ok, that's suspicious as hell. Was it wrapped and he just carried it home? That sounds normal to me. I'd carry my stuff home, even if beaten up.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #57986 on: February 01, 2019, 10:31:19 PM »
what type of sammy we talkin' here?

BikeJesus

« Reply #57987 on: February 01, 2019, 10:31:32 PM »
Go fuck yourself, and fuck your family too, for raising such a cunt. Let there be no doubt here, the world would be a better place without you in it.

:lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jussie-smollett-breaks-his-silence-after-vicious-attack-im-ok.97099/post-17487904

And yeah, by itself, him still having his subway doesn't conclude anything. I did also mention how there is no evidence of him having a broken rib, and if he lied about that . . .

Leadbelly

« Reply #57988 on: February 01, 2019, 10:32:12 PM »
So I clicked that link in the article about Chicago's surveillance cameras.

Major European cities, including London, which may be the most surveilled city in the world, have long had networks of linked cameras. Now, in the United States, the technology race is on. Linked cameras are becoming commonplace in cities like New York and Baltimore. The Louisville police are considering using drones to respond to gunshots, and places like Orlando, Fla., and Washington County, Ore., are testing facial recognition software.

It linked to this article. It basically talks about the 5 most surveilled cities in the world. It may surprise you.
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/most-spied-on-cities-in-the-world.html

That said, the original article is talking about networks of linked cameras. It is the technology more than the amount of cameras in itself. And it doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a blind spot in the area that the incident allegedly took place.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 10:37:18 PM by Leadbelly »

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #57989 on: February 01, 2019, 10:37:21 PM »

non-american here, is subway part of YUM conglomerate?

asking for a friend, who will use it as basis of judgement

El Babua

« Reply #57990 on: February 01, 2019, 10:44:27 PM »
Subway is with some fraudulent group called Doctor's Associates.

Leadbelly

« Reply #57991 on: February 01, 2019, 10:46:41 PM »
Must have been a really tasty Subway sandwich then...

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #57992 on: February 01, 2019, 10:47:14 PM »
Subway is with some fraudulent group called Doctor's Associates.

so you could say they are "made-up" doctors? could be a "made-up" story?! follow the dots... or at least the foot-longs

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #57993 on: February 01, 2019, 10:49:24 PM »

non-american here, is subway part of YUM conglomerate?

asking for a friend, who will use it as basis of judgement

YUM! is KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell.
dog

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #57994 on: February 01, 2019, 10:55:44 PM »
the holy trinity :rejoice

Leadbelly

« Reply #57995 on: February 01, 2019, 10:57:49 PM »
Jussie: "Haha it was just a social experiment. Will update you all once we've analysed the results"

Nah... I'll still wait until the police actually say something. I'm starting to wonder though now.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #57996 on: February 01, 2019, 10:58:23 PM »
we all know what "holding his sandwich" really means

:jared

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #57997 on: February 01, 2019, 10:59:21 PM »
“Oh Waypoint, it’s such a unique voice.” *swoon*

It posted the same Uber woke commentary that so many other sites did as well. What the hell was so ‘unique’ about them?
I don't think they wrote much about ride-sharing really.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #57998 on: February 01, 2019, 11:21:01 PM »
This is how you respond to louis ck

I wonder if era finds this problematic

benjipwns

« Reply #57999 on: February 01, 2019, 11:23:37 PM »
I can't, fortunately. Waypoint's brand of criticism goes beyond saying if a game is good or not, and their pieces are intended to touch upon cultural issues and encourage a much wider range of thought surrounding the medium we love. If a particular message doesn't click with you, then that's fine! But there's real value behind what they do precisely because it stimulates a different kind of discussion. Sometimes that requires the reader to put themselves aside and simply listen to the perspective the author brings, and perhaps find an understanding through it.
Have these discussions ever occurred, say for example on ResetERA.com, or is this another instance of "we need to have the conversation in which everyone reads the article and nods along but it's never actually discussed because that implies an invitation to dissent"?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or more likely: "implies an invitation to mock the shitty writing/argument"?
[close]

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #58000 on: February 01, 2019, 11:24:11 PM »
White ERA, what's up with white people and shying away from their history of racism

:neogaf

Jansen

« Reply #58002 on: February 01, 2019, 11:28:36 PM »
White ERA, what's up with white people and shying away from their history of racism

:neogaf

"Come on whites let us hate on you some more" - era

benjipwns

« Reply #58003 on: February 01, 2019, 11:29:28 PM »
RE wants to be what GAF was in the 00s to the gaming industry (the exclusive club that Devs post on, leaks and news broke on), except that GAF wasn’t even what GAF was before they jumped to RE in 2017. Message boards have been outmoded as a form of internet communication. They are used to having their own tightly moderated echo chambers, and won’t use the other platforms so they are bitter over it.

I think that’s where the continued salt over Ninja comes from.
An example of this, where they didn't "grasp" the "culture" ala Ninja or PewTheNazi, I liked because it was entirely self-inflicted and someone they themselves elevated first. ResetERA.com had a thread jerking off over some streamer named "Destiny" who sometimes would argue with alt-right people I guess or something so they loved him for the same stupid reason they love ContraPoints horseshit, and then he started posting in the thread and they were all YAAASSSS KINNNNGGGG WE ARE YOUR LEGIONS. Then a few months later he said faggit or nicca or something on stream, they decided he was always problematic and never worth championing, he posted in his thread that they were losers missing the forest for the trees, so they perma banned him. :lol

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #58004 on: February 01, 2019, 11:31:47 PM »
wait, they permabanned destiny?  :lol
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #58006 on: February 01, 2019, 11:33:27 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #58007 on: February 01, 2019, 11:36:16 PM »
wait, they permabanned destiny?  :lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/twitch-has-a-racist-problem.59828/post-11099812
User Banned (Permanent): Homophobic and racial slurs have caused great pain for many members of our community and the defense of their use is not acceptable here.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #58008 on: February 01, 2019, 11:41:11 PM »
anyone who uses twitch and isn't getting paid is a pathetic piece of shit.

Point blank.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #58009 on: February 01, 2019, 11:44:03 PM »
“Oh Waypoint, it’s such a unique voice.” *swoon*

It posted the same Uber woke commentary that so many other sites did as well. What the hell was so ‘unique’ about them?
I don't think they wrote much about ride-sharing really.

Maybe then it would have added more value to their site. Their loss.

benjipwns

« Reply #58010 on: February 01, 2019, 11:53:07 PM »
This Destiny fellow was pretty sus anyway, only had 17 posts over nine months. Like come on. We see you.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #58012 on: February 02, 2019, 12:06:34 AM »
"video game journalism" still makes me laugh every single time.

Critics for movies aren't called journalists, neither are food critics, or wine connoisseurs.

Fucking gamers.

agrajag

« Reply #58013 on: February 02, 2019, 12:08:35 AM »
Nice Waypoint you got there. Would be a shame if something happened to it.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #58014 on: February 02, 2019, 12:16:42 AM »
Yeah, tell him, Hobbes!
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #58015 on: February 02, 2019, 12:19:27 AM »
"video game journalism" still makes me laugh every single time.

Critics for movies aren't called journalists, neither are food critics, or wine connoisseurs.

Fucking gamers.

This is a dumb take.

go on

there's a different between what journalists do and what critics do.

One is important and isn't subjective, the other one stinks.

Propagandhim

« Reply #58016 on: February 02, 2019, 12:20:32 AM »
Sources close to the Smolett case claim that there are no records of a hospital visitation due to broken ribs.  Sources also state that Jussie has claimed to have tried but failed to check himself into Northwestern Medical, when upon arriving the practicing physicians screamed, "This hospital is MAGA Land, you dirty shit.  And no, I don't care if you star in what critics rave as a bold new take on Shakespearean whimsy...but with spice.  And fuck Tulsa!"
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 12:33:01 AM by Propagandhim »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #58017 on: February 02, 2019, 12:21:52 AM »
Where's the picasso journalists?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #58018 on: February 02, 2019, 12:29:10 AM »
BBC journalist here  :-[

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #58019 on: February 02, 2019, 12:29:33 AM »
Where's the picasso journalists?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arts_journalism

Note the sidebar for more categories. Can't find a link to just that. :doge

I would complain about the elitism around the term, but the games press has built it up themselves to deflect criticisms (that didn't need deflecting), so fuck it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 12:34:21 AM by Rufus »