Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5899659 times)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #58200 on: February 02, 2019, 03:34:14 PM »

Too meta for autodidacct

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #58201 on: February 02, 2019, 04:12:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/notorious-website-4chan-to-be-shutdown-update-fake.95995/

one of the resetera alt minions, you can get some free right side of history points with this probably: Regulate social media now. The future of democracy is at stake.
There is a precedent for this historical moment. In the 1920s and 1930s, democratic governments suddenly found themselves challenged by radio, the new information technology of its time. Radio’s early stars included Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin: The technology could clearly be used to provoke anger and violence. But was there a way to marshal it for the purposes of democracy instead? One answer was the British Broadcasting Corp., the BBC, which was designed from the beginning to reach all parts of the country, to “inform, educate and entertain” and to join people together, not in a single set of opinions but in the kind of single national conversation that made democracy possible. Another set of answers was found in the United States, where journalists accepted a regulatory framework, a set of rules about libel law and a public process that determined who could get a radio license.

The question now is to find the equivalent of licensing and public broadcasting in the world of social media: to find, that is, the regulatory or social or legal measures that will make this technology work for us, for our society and our democracy, and not just for Facebook shareholders. This is not an argument in favor of censorship. It’s an argument in favor of applying to the online world the same kinds of regulations that have been used in other spheres, to set rules on transparency, privacy, data and competition.

We can, for example, regulate Internet advertising, just as we regulate broadcast advertising, insisting that people know when and why they are being shown political ads or, indeed, any ads. We can curb the anonymity of the Internet — recent research shows that the number of fake accounts on Facebook may be far higher than what the company has stated in public — because we have a right to know whether we are interacting with real people or bots. In the longer term, there may be even more profound solutions. What would a public-interest algorithm look like, for example, or a form of social media that favored constructive conversations over polarization?

If we don’t do it — if we don’t even try — we will not be able to ensure the integrity of elections or the decency of the public sphere. If we don’t do it, in the long term there won’t even be a public sphere, and there won’t be functional democracies anymore, either.

WHAT YOU SHOULD NOT DO is post this puff piece of the alt-right fascist non-journalism NYSlimes: In the Pale of Winter, Trump’s Tan Remains a State Secret
it's not from also non-journalist MAGA Habermann, sure, but it MIGHT AS WELL BE

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #58203 on: February 02, 2019, 04:33:43 PM »
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION

Updated Thread Title. It is difficult to confirm the authenticity of this currently. Instead of locking the thread and waiting for news, we will simply mark the thread as unconfirmed currently and see how the discussion plays out.
huh, that's a new one

Boredfrom

« Reply #58204 on: February 02, 2019, 04:37:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chinese-writer-tianyi-sentenced-to-10-years-in-prison-for-gay-erotic-novel.97238/

Harmful books shouldn't be published.

Oh wait, my bad, People's Republic of China thread.

Harmful books shouldn't be published.
Yikes censorship !

Eras "muh freeze peach" idiocy always annoys me, because there are regimes where people are actually literally risking life and liberty in pursuit of an ideal that era are so accustomed to having that they have become contemptuous of it, pretty much solely down to butthurt that they are not culturally equipped to handle dissent.

Reee has argued in the past that China censorship is totally okay in principle or that they were living in a country with only state media and know that suddenly they have free press they miss the state control.

benjipwns

« Reply #58205 on: February 02, 2019, 04:42:23 PM »
Quote from: Hobbes
What's interesting is that the sources I went to in an attempt to confirm or deny [Apex Legends] said something along the lines of "why would EA not market their game and just release it?"
:fbm i think i made a mistake hiring this guy

benjipwns

« Reply #58206 on: February 02, 2019, 04:43:49 PM »
Quote from: SweetNicole
I lost years of my life into both of those games [Battlefield Heroes and Battlefield Play4Free]. People like to make fun of them, but those were some of my favorite games.
good god if a confederate redneck hick who writes nonsensical ban messages couldn't get any worse

Boredfrom

« Reply #58207 on: February 02, 2019, 04:45:38 PM »
I don’t believe her...

benjipwns

« Reply #58208 on: February 02, 2019, 04:48:53 PM »
(she's bi)

tummyfat

« Reply #58209 on: February 02, 2019, 04:49:22 PM »
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION

Updated Thread Title. It is difficult to confirm the authenticity of this currently. Instead of locking the thread and waiting for news, we will simply mark the thread as unconfirmed currently and see how the discussion plays out.
huh, that's a new one

Weird the Jussie Smollett thread didn’t get that treatment

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #58210 on: February 02, 2019, 04:51:12 PM »
It's funny that the "Apex legends" thread even survived the first page considering it was "The quartering" who broke the news. Apparently this guy is cool while Colin Moriarty remains the one who shall not be named.

benjipwns

« Reply #58211 on: February 02, 2019, 04:54:58 PM »
Hobbes shot down The Quartering as an valid source for anything weeks ago though. I'm starting to think he just doesn't have the ear of anyone important and I've made a huge mistake.

« Reply #58212 on: February 02, 2019, 05:17:44 PM »

« Reply #58214 on: February 02, 2019, 05:44:57 PM »
valentines thread barely 2 pages after 6 hours, latest thread about twitter bulllshit at 295 pages after 15 minutes.

Im shocked, shocked!

benjipwns

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #58216 on: February 02, 2019, 06:17:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-look-inside-one-of-pc%E2%80%99s-most-toxic-games-rocket-league.97316/
Jesus christ. Throwing a hissy fit because you get called a noob on the internet.
Game journo's more like christian soccer moms.
🤴

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #58217 on: February 02, 2019, 06:18:43 PM »
Qdoba for 50% off special and my seed to hopefully finally make a baby.

who said restera's don't know about romance

agrajag

« Reply #58218 on: February 02, 2019, 06:27:10 PM »
Q -

:thinking

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58219 on: February 02, 2019, 06:42:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-look-inside-one-of-pc%E2%80%99s-most-toxic-games-rocket-league.97316/

:umad :aweshum :ufup :heh

I like how the writer, an intellectual, fucks the game up for the player just playing the game by getting in a midmatch flame war while thinking how they can use getting flamed for a fuck up into an article about how toxic the rl community is.

Because 2 of the people on that team were being dicks, but only one of those dicks wanted to turn that into course work

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #58220 on: February 02, 2019, 07:41:22 PM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #58221 on: February 02, 2019, 07:56:24 PM »
With a sigh, I write back, “How about shutting up and playing the game you child?”
By this point, the only players playing are the three players on the opposite team, and the one player choosing to not get involved. Both I and KevinKellyKay are parked on the pitch engaging in a war of words.
KevinKellyKay: “Learn 2 play”

You, foolish: “lrn2play newb”

Me, an intellectual: “I am already aware of the optimal strategy for engaging in this online video game. It is you who needs to practice until your skills have improved beyond that of a small child before again joining in a online lobby with me. And I say good day, sir!”
©@©™

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #58222 on: February 02, 2019, 08:00:09 PM »
Even Sean Hannity of all people has the decency to not call himself a "journalist."  For shame vidya game writers, for shame.
sigh

KarpalaJoe

« Reply #58223 on: February 02, 2019, 08:05:34 PM »
What's the best way to have a quick disposable mail ?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #58224 on: February 02, 2019, 08:13:06 PM »

I think there are like 500 sites that offer this

gmail, microsoft live.com for a hotmail or outlook address
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #58225 on: February 02, 2019, 08:19:02 PM »

USPS.com

KarpalaJoe

« Reply #58226 on: February 02, 2019, 08:47:02 PM »

Yeah no, I need a mail with a personal domain name. So I can register on Resetera, unleash hell, be banned, register again etc. I have hundreds of IP adress at my job, but no personal domain mail I can easily obtain without buying a full web domain.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #58227 on: February 02, 2019, 08:52:53 PM »

Yeah no, I need a mail with a personal domain name. So I can register on Resetera, unleash hell, be banned, register again etc. I have hundreds of IP adress at my job, but no personal domain mail I can easily obtain without buying a full web domain.

I thought they opened the floodgates to anybody who wanted to register?  Didn't think it was paid only like gaf used to be

Like in recognition that forums are a dying brand anyway and you need to take as many people as you can get and just ban the ones with a history of history

EDIT: huh guess it does say that on their registration page
Uncle

KarpalaJoe

« Reply #58228 on: February 02, 2019, 08:57:13 PM »
"Please note that we do not accept free email addresses for registration. Most ISP, school, and professional emails are welcome."

Nope, doesn't work with normal adress. So back to my question, what is the quickest way to have personal mail domain I could burn for some resetera quicky ? 

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #58229 on: February 02, 2019, 09:01:15 PM »
"Please note that we do not accept free email addresses for registration. Most ISP, school, and professional emails are welcome."

Nope, doesn't work with normal adress. So back to my question, what is the quickest way to have personal mail domain I could burn for some resetera quicky ?

I think if anyone mentioned it here you'd be immediately suspect

"this guy over at that hate site is trying to register with a freepaidemail.com address lol"

I'd guess actual hate sites probably specialize in these things and have secret discords where they hook each other up with paid domain names they don't give a shit about tarnishing
Uncle

clothedmacuser

« Reply #58230 on: February 02, 2019, 09:21:30 PM »

I'd guess actual hate sites probably specialize in these things and have secret discords where they hook each other up with paid domain names they don't give a shit about tarnishing

Yeah . .  hate sites probably have those things.

:money

Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.
sigh

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #58231 on: February 02, 2019, 09:22:51 PM »

your isp doesn't let you make aliases?

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #58232 on: February 02, 2019, 09:54:47 PM »

:umad :aweshum :ufup :heh

I like how the writer, an intellectual, fucks the game up for the player just playing the game by getting in a midmatch flame war while thinking how they can use getting flamed for a fuck up into an article about how toxic the rl community is.

Because 2 of the people on that team were being dicks, but only one of those dicks wanted to turn that into course work

Options->Hide All Chat (or some other option, forgetting). Done.

Boom, suddenly all the "toxicity" of Rocket League is gone. But no, that wouldn't be a stupid article if the OP did that, eh?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #58233 on: February 02, 2019, 09:57:19 PM »
Uncle

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #58235 on: February 03, 2019, 12:33:21 AM »

No-one wants to read some shitty videogame blogger's pointless gonzo journalism

This is it. You've peaked with a good post. You have no where to go but down now.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #58236 on: February 03, 2019, 01:24:44 AM »
also way to trade up...little girl to gorgeous woman
User Banned (1 week): Misogyny and body shaming.

FR, Ariana looks like a little kid playing dress up in her moms clothes. Don't get her appeal at all.
User Banned (3 Days) Inappropriate Commentary

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pete-davidson-is-officially-dating-kate-beckinsale.97334/post-17515115

Mods seem a little aggressive in their stance that Ariana Grande it totes a fully mature and age appropriate looking woman.   :money :jared :expert
sigh

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #58237 on: February 03, 2019, 01:36:55 AM »
There doesn't seem to be any actual discussion in this thread, as such it has been locked.

that never stopped them before...

:success

Cryo

« Reply #58238 on: February 03, 2019, 02:46:04 AM »

have you considered doing something more productive and beneficial with your spare time than trying to troll a board full of pretend outrage trolls?

edit: I’m a real boy now!!!!!!!!

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #58239 on: February 03, 2019, 02:47:41 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/well-its-groundhog-day-again.97389/

Who said redneck ree admins can’t have some fun?

:gamer
Margs

KarpalaJoe

« Reply #58240 on: February 03, 2019, 03:08:47 AM »

your isp doesn't let you make aliases?

Nope  :( Only solution is to pay and I don't want to. I'll just let it go.

have you considered doing something more productive and beneficial with your spare time than trying to troll a board full of pretend outrage trolls?

Nope. I wouldn't be registered on The Bore if I was a functional individual.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #58241 on: February 03, 2019, 04:35:26 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nyt-japan’s-working-mothers-record-responsibilities-little-help-from-dads.97281/

:goldberg
Quote from: MANUELF, post: 17524855, member: 3599
Isnt this pretty much what's going on in every pokemon game? The father is nowhere to be seen while the mother is a housewive? Also I watch some female mexicans married with japanese men on youtube and not one of them work, all of them are housewives and the husband is out like 6-6 every day

ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #58242 on: February 03, 2019, 05:03:07 AM »
when prime wokeness makes you become... the I'm_an_expert meme? :confused

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #58243 on: February 03, 2019, 05:04:30 AM »
Didn't they call out the f-word (female) in that post.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #58244 on: February 03, 2019, 05:24:44 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/well-its-groundhog-day-again.97389/

Who said redneck ree admins can’t have some fun?

:gamer

Era is the Reader's Digest of humor and thought.

"Ahaha, we have fun.  Thank god we aren't lame like Heathcliff or too edgy like Marmaduke." 

But Bore is like  :kinison

PS

God, I can't believe a stick-up-ass mod made that thread.  How much more michael scott can you get?

« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 05:42:26 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

SantaC

« Reply #58245 on: February 03, 2019, 05:42:42 AM »
Posts that will cause outrage on era:

-saying anything negative about zelda botw
-saying negative stuff about switch
-microtransactions in japanese games are fine; EA doing the same cause 100 pages of hate.
-Nintendo can charge whatever they want for their shoddy online service. One bad customer support experience from sony causes outrage.

paprikastaude

« Reply #58246 on: February 03, 2019, 06:19:43 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-you-more-interested-in-team-sonic-racing-or-in-crash-team-racing-nitro-fueled.97261/page-4

Quote from: Zubz, post: 17514722, member: 349
If we’re really just boiling it down to character rosters, both are generally equally appealing. TSR has more blemishes like Zavok & the lingering reminder we lost Gum, Vyse, & Ulala for Zavok, though, while CTR’s only flaw to me is Ripper Roo being problematic after having developed a greater understanding of how people are stigmatized by poor representations of mental health disorders in media over the past 20 years. But Pinstripe’s there so it’s not all bad.

At the end of the day, the 2 games need to sell themselves off gameplay. CTR sold itself quite well on that before & looks to do so again, while TSR’s team concept isn’t sparking too hot of a reaction from fans online & people that have played it. TSR will probably sell more, but only because Sonic’s stuck around & maintained brand recognition, while Crash had a hiatus.

Clearly the success of your cartoon kart game hinges on the problematic nature of this edgy cartoon animal, as wokeness has granted us much greater wisdom since the dark ages of year 2000.  :social Also imagine knowing all these supposed characters from Sonic :lol

samir

« Reply #58247 on: February 03, 2019, 06:24:43 AM »
SweetNicole is a hillbilly?  :neogaf

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #58248 on: February 03, 2019, 06:31:04 AM »
Benji keeps calling her a hick redneck confederate, so I’ll take his word for it  :doge
Margs

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #58249 on: February 03, 2019, 06:40:38 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/planning-a-disney-vacation-is-practically-a-job.97279/

...go somewhere else perhaps ? It sounds miserable and I'm the type to plan ahead my trips.
ὕβρις

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #58250 on: February 03, 2019, 06:43:00 AM »

just an average day for sweetnicole  :doge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #58252 on: February 03, 2019, 07:24:39 AM »
For all the French people here, is it offensive if I send an email to you with "Bonjour <your name>" in a professional setting?

Quote from: Stinkles
I think once you know them, and they know how you are in real life you'll have more opportunities to be colloquial or warmly polite with a French phrase, you'll be fine.

On the other hand it's almost essential that you learn how to say please, thank you and maybe apologetically ask if they speak English in ANY country's native tongue you're visiting phsyically. Some places are more uptight than others but most places, even notoriously tricky Quebec, appreciate any effort. If they're rude about it after your best shot then relax, that's them, not you.

And then it varies by country on email ettiquette - for example, while it looks cringey in print, typing "Nakamura-san" rather than "Mr. Nakamura" is not only OK, it can be expected - and while BOTH are acceptable ettiquette, the easiest way to decide which to choose is to take your cues from the respondent. If they describe "Nakamoto-san" then it's appropriate to use that form. same goes for any language. If they started the mail thread with "Bonjour" and the rest in English, go nuts. Bonjour away. As long as you're not being condescending you're good.

:whatisthis

Someone get him help !

https://www.resetera.com/threads/for-all-the-french-people-here-is-it-offensive.97313/#post-17510741
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #58253 on: February 03, 2019, 07:52:56 AM »
From the guy that culturally appropiated the name "Chief"  ::)
🤴

Propagandhim

« Reply #58254 on: February 03, 2019, 07:57:43 AM »
Imagine caring about offending the French

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #58255 on: February 03, 2019, 07:59:07 AM »
Just say "Hello" since French people do say "Hello" even in French anyway

Wat

jorma

« Reply #58256 on: February 03, 2019, 08:04:40 AM »
...and then you actually send and receive professional emails from people all over the world and find out that they're actually pretty chill and give about the same number of fucks about proper email etiquette as you do.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #58257 on: February 03, 2019, 09:03:52 AM »
SweetNicole is a hillbilly?  :neogaf

they're all hill billies even tabris

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #58258 on: February 03, 2019, 09:13:58 AM »
also way to trade up...little girl to gorgeous woman
User Banned (1 week): Misogyny and body shaming.

FR, Ariana looks like a little kid playing dress up in her moms clothes. Don't get her appeal at all.
User Banned (3 Days) Inappropriate Commentary

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pete-davidson-is-officially-dating-kate-beckinsale.97334/post-17515115

Mods seem a little aggressive in their stance that Ariana Grande it totes a fully mature and age appropriate looking woman.   :money :jared :expert

Someone should tell Team Ninja that they just have to base their next character on Ariane Grande to get that RE approval

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #58259 on: February 03, 2019, 09:26:37 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/planning-a-disney-vacation-is-practically-a-job.97279/

...go somewhere else perhaps ? It sounds miserable and I'm the type to plan ahead my trips.
like most tasks resetti finds impossible to get their heads around, planning a disney trip is actually pretty simple if you aren't a complete idiot