Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5881852 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #57720 on: January 31, 2019, 05:11:04 PM »
Channel name is SellOut. 20 subscribers.

Come on OP.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

Propagandhim

« Reply #57722 on: January 31, 2019, 05:11:53 PM »
Fuck I hate that fucking guy, but

IQ is NOT the only measure of a person’s worth for heaven’s sake!

Are whites “inferior” for having lower IQs on avg than East Asians?

Of course not.

Knowing the gaps helps us hate each other less, because we have the answer to large group differences, and it’s NOT racism!

Is actually something I agree with. Acknowledging differences is not the same as thinking some people are worth less. Everyone deserves equal treatment regardless of their luck in the genetic lottery.

It's absolutely true that IQ is not the penultimate measure of an individual, but that's not Molyneux's main flex and everyone knows it:  He routinely talks about the futility of raising the threshold level of human welfare in African nations because they just don't have the genetic givens to make it happen.   He says any largescale redistributive or welfare policy is a complete waste on these people, as the limiting factor is their aptitude not environment.  He uses IQ science and historical anecdotes to claim that hispanics , blacks, and arabs are innately unable to independently build an achievable and comparable standard of living to that of 1st world countries because of average IQ.  Okay.

Then goes, "But this has nothing to do with superiority, yo!  "We're just different.  Superior and inferior doesn't mean anything in this context."   Come on.   Nevermind the fact that he suspiciously doesn't ever broach the issues of Eastern European poverty and IQ with the same lens.  Even if you take his hardline stance on IQ determinism, it doesn't completely square.  He doesn't make mention of the fact that Africa's population increased five-fold since the 50s, and so there are over a billion Sub-Saharran Africans that statistically must have more high IQ folk than total populations of entire 1st world nations - we know how many doctors and engineers are employed in African nations - there are assuredly smart people living there: So how does he see racial immutability if one can scale down these populations while selecting for intelligence at the same time like Europe had done?  Talks about high Jewish IQ, but doesn't connect the fact that people like Pinker believe those adaptations for intelligence were achieved through a genetic bottleneck and selective pressure in less than 1000 years.  He just flat out has no hope for certain people because they didn't survive an ice age.  He's a fatalist when it makes absolutely no sense to be.  He believes there are no chances of improvement when the world changes all the time, and rapidly so.  But because of that fatalism, he can't use words like "better" or "superior" because that direction doesn't exist for those people.  But come on.   He fucking knows what is "superior".

He's a rabble rouser that toes that sensationalist line of knowing what to say to claim you're not racist to keep up appearances as a 'philosopher'.  And he just tweets ALL fucking day long about this shit.  Fucking goof.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 05:17:40 PM by Propagandhim »

benjipwns

« Reply #57723 on: January 31, 2019, 05:12:27 PM »
why they gotta hate fun

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #57724 on: January 31, 2019, 05:13:54 PM »
Knowing the gaps helps us hate each other less, because we have the answer to large group differences, and it’s NOT racism!

Is actually something I agree with. Acknowledging differences is not the same as thinking some people are worth less. Everyone deserves equal treatment regardless of their luck in the genetic lottery.
IQ is not "the answer to large group differences." People like Molyneux laser-focus on IQ, a presumably immutable biological marker, to show that social policies to engender equality are hopeless.

e: Go to fix the quote, only to find that I unwrittingly wrote a tl;dr for someone else's post :doge

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #57725 on: January 31, 2019, 05:27:12 PM »
neogaf is leaking in here

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #57726 on: January 31, 2019, 05:31:00 PM »
neogaf is leaking in here

Hasn't it always though?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #57728 on: January 31, 2019, 05:35:21 PM »
The site IS a NeoGAF leak, no? :thinking

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57729 on: January 31, 2019, 05:41:00 PM »
NetJeff: Behave
Uncle

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #57730 on: January 31, 2019, 05:47:32 PM »
Fuck I hate that fucking guy, but

IQ is NOT the only measure of a person’s worth for heaven’s sake!

Are whites “inferior” for having lower IQs on avg than East Asians?

Of course not.

It's absolutely true that IQ is not the penultimate measure of an individual, but that's not Molyneux's main flex and everyone knows it:  He routinely talks about the futility of raising the threshold level of human welfare in African nations because they just don't have the genetic givens to make it happen.   He says any largescale redistributive or welfare policy is a complete waste on these people, as the limiting factor is their aptitude not environment.  He uses IQ science and historical anecdotes to claim that hispanics , blacks, and arabs are innately unable to independently build an achievable and comparable standard of living to that of 1st world countries because of average IQ.  Okay.

Then goes, "But this has nothing to do with superiority, yo!  "We're just different.  Superior and inferior doesn't mean anything in this context."   Come on.   Nevermind the fact that he suspiciously doesn't ever broach the issues of Eastern European poverty and IQ with the same lens.  Even if you take his hardline stance on IQ determinism, it doesn't completely square.  He doesn't make mention of the fact that Africa's population increased five-fold since the 50s, and so there are over a billion Sub-Saharran Africans that statistically must have more high IQ folk than total populations of entire 1st world nations - we know how many doctors and engineers are employed in African nations - there are assuredly smart people living there: So how does he see racial immutability if one can scale down these populations while selecting for intelligence at the same time like Europe had done?  Talks about high Jewish IQ, but doesn't connect the fact that people like Pinker believe those adaptations for intelligence were achieved through a genetic bottleneck and selective pressure in less than 1000 years.  He just flat out has no hope for certain people because they didn't survive an ice age.  He's a fatalist when it makes absolutely no sense to be.  He believes there are no chances of improvement when the world changes all the time, and rapidly so.  But because of that fatalism, he can't use words like "better" or "superior" because that direction doesn't exist for those people.  But come on.   He fucking knows what is "superior".

He's a rabble rouser that toes that sensationalist line of knowing what to say to claim you're not racist to keep up appearances as a 'philosopher'.  And he just tweets ALL fucking day long about this shit.  Fucking goof.

Only just heard of this guy. Lol. He convinces kids to leave their parents on the basis that all parental relationships are abusive by nature? And his profile picture is him in black & white wearing a turtleneck?

:delicious

He's like Alex Jones for angsty brainlords

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #57731 on: January 31, 2019, 05:54:51 PM »
Literally never

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #57732 on: January 31, 2019, 05:57:05 PM »
The site IS a NeoGAF leak, no? :thinking

what?!?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #57733 on: January 31, 2019, 06:02:23 PM »
I didn't know Beto was going to be irrelevant when I made the thread.

Thread created on jan 4 of 2019

:doge

https://www.resetera.com/goto/post?id=17442813

Occam

« Reply #57734 on: January 31, 2019, 06:43:59 PM »
Laugh all you want. I think fox news is shit as well, but at least they have positive and negative stories about Trump. The fake news is only negative. It is actually pretty sad that someone who used to consider themselves on the left has to turn to fox news to get the other side of the story.

There is no other side to reality. You are a moron.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #57735 on: January 31, 2019, 07:04:07 PM »
Can't we all just get along?

-Michael Scott

benjipwns

« Reply #57736 on: January 31, 2019, 07:06:01 PM »
User banned (2 days): drive-by trolling

Please put Canada in the thread title. I thought this was actually important for a second.
:rofl

agrajag

« Reply #57737 on: January 31, 2019, 07:09:48 PM »
I vividly remember when everyone made fun of the hats. Because they were cheaply made in Mexico and China and you had to be dumb to buy a hat from Trump.

Then he won and it was suddenly a KKK hood.

I like how you think that every single issue can be explained and packaged in a neat little 140 character shittake.

BikeJesus

« Reply #57738 on: January 31, 2019, 07:10:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-was-called-by-the-bone-marrow-registry-today.42528/

What the fuck? People telling him to do this without even seeing the patients twitter history?

BisMarckie

« Reply #57739 on: January 31, 2019, 07:14:55 PM »

I like how you think that every single issue can be explained and packaged in a neat little 140 character shittake.

Every single  issue can be explained with Bore emotes. :ufup

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #57740 on: January 31, 2019, 07:19:18 PM »
I got called once before. Was ready to go and then they said they didn't need it anymore. Which mostly meant that it was too late. I was pretty bummed. :(

The Bright Side™!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57741 on: January 31, 2019, 07:20:24 PM »
Laugh all you want. I think fox news is shit as well, but at least they have positive and negative stories about Trump. The fake news is only negative. It is actually pretty sad that someone who used to consider themselves on the left has to turn to fox news to get the other side of the story.

Look man

Trump is shit, and trying to earnestly portray him as somehow 50% good and 50% bad is ridiculous, and "the other side of the story" is phrasing that makes it sound sort of like that

However if a dude murders someone and then goes and purchases a Crunchwrap Supreme, and most of the news stations are reporting about the murder but only one news station also tells you about the Crunchwrap Supreme, then you are objectively getting more information from one of those news sources
Uncle

Occam

« Reply #57742 on: January 31, 2019, 07:23:14 PM »

Look man

Trump is shit, and trying to earnestly portray him as somehow 50% good and 50% bad is ridiculous, and "the other side of the story" is phrasing that makes it sound sort of like that

However if a dude murders someone and then goes and purchases a Crunchwrap Supreme, and most of the news stations are reporting about the murder but only one news station also tells you about the Crunchwrap Supreme, then you are objectively getting more information from one of those news sources
...while at the same time telling you he didn't actually murder anyone.
Furthermore, some "news" is just noise without informational value.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #57743 on: January 31, 2019, 07:24:12 PM »

Look man

It wasn't a murder it was an assisted suicide. The other side™.

agrajag

« Reply #57744 on: January 31, 2019, 07:24:14 PM »
Fox News: Fair and Balanced

benjipwns

« Reply #57745 on: January 31, 2019, 07:24:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-was-called-by-the-bone-marrow-registry-today.42528/

What the fuck? People telling him to do this without even seeing the patients twitter history?
OP, you have steam?, hit me up with your username, and il get you something from your wishlist, you deserve it.
you're going to save someone's life - what an honor and an amazing thing to be part of.
My pizza offer is still valid, OP. 👍
Lots of respect for that. You da real MVP.
fucking white people being celebrated and rewarded yet again smdh

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #57746 on: January 31, 2019, 07:58:41 PM »

Look man

...while at the same time telling you he didn't actually murder anyone.
Furthermore, some "news" is just noise without informational value.
Any news telling you a murder didn't take place is providing objectively less correct information and is therefore beyond the scope of the illustration

And any news pertinent to public perception of Yum! Brands is hardly lacking in informational value
Uncle

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #57747 on: January 31, 2019, 08:03:29 PM »
The Virgin Dylan Roof ate McDonalds McNuggets with creamy ranch.  The "Chad" Ted Bundy was ordering NACHO CHEESE DORITOS® LOCOS TACOS back in the 1970's.
sigh

Jansen

« Reply #57748 on: January 31, 2019, 08:59:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/seven-deadly-sins-anime-we-still-doing-this-stuff-anime.96380/page-4#post-17422797

Quote from: PixelatedProphet, post: 17422797, member: 4338
And this is why any thread about x-anime/fanservice is annoying because the op leaves out revelant details/ people react off of on scene/picture/gif thats out of context.

https://nanatsu-no-taizai.fandom.com/wiki/Elizabeth_Liones#cite_note-137-9-4

:marimo

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #57749 on: January 31, 2019, 09:01:39 PM »
Can't we all just get along?

-Michael Scott

- Wayne Gretzky
Oi Oi

benjipwns

« Reply #57750 on: January 31, 2019, 10:30:33 PM »
If you want to talk about primaries stuff then go to the primaries thread.

Not open for further replies.
Bernie Sanders is not a candidate in any of the primaries currently. :huh

benjipwns

« Reply #57751 on: January 31, 2019, 10:31:52 PM »
meanwhile, in said primary thread:
Agreed. Oprah wouldn't get special attention for endorsing medicare for all or whatever, and she's not controversial enough (nor does she want to destroy her reputation by trying to be) in order to stay in headlines the way Trump did. If we're talking about our version of Trump, the closest thing we have is probably Michael Avenatti, honestly. Or maybe like, Sean Penn. It's kinda hard to rile up the media when left-leaning people tend not to say things that are outright racist or sexist or obviously stupid. There's a reason Fox News' obsession with AOC also relies on consistently misconstruing what she's saying or taking things out of context, after all. In context and presented honestly, it would be hard to drum up outrage or shock. Shocking, "politically incorrect" language just isn't congruent with the left's world view.

benjipwns

« Reply #57752 on: January 31, 2019, 10:35:46 PM »
Kirblar all like HOLD UP ON THE ANALOGIES YA'LL:
I feel like it lessens the legacy of Hitler when you make this comparison.
There was a very, very strong isolationist movement in the US at the time that didn't want the US involved or accepting refugees. Pearl Harbor forcibly dragged us in. Invoking WWII instead of Hitler is probably the much better thing to specify, just to avoid escalation of the analogy.
Just compare it to the most devastating war in human history, not Hitler jeez!

benjipwns

« Reply #57753 on: January 31, 2019, 10:38:21 PM »
Modern diplomacy and politics has failed the people. Rwanda, Syria, Srebrenica. Venezuela, Syria, Cuba, Turkey, Iran, Rohingya, Uyghurs. Who knows how much more. All terrible regimes or genocides that have happened and continue to happen and "stern words against" are the only opposition.

Pacifism is to blame. War has its place in the world as a check and balance. Despots do whatever they want because they know there aren't any concequences.

benjipwns

« Reply #57754 on: January 31, 2019, 10:40:32 PM »
We don't quite know yet. The debates begin in June. We don't know yet what the qualifing threshold is to make it in to the debate field, but Perez promised that it would be "low."
Who the heck is Perez? Perez Hilton?!
:lol

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #57755 on: January 31, 2019, 11:03:17 PM »
Insane, maybe. But anyone with a MAGA hat on at this point is suspect. I'm sorry, but someone has to say it.
Yep, they're like Bernie Sanders supporters, only slightly less interested in established a white supremacist ethnostate.

You're goddamn right.

...HEY WAIT A MINUTE!!!

benjipwns

« Reply #57756 on: January 31, 2019, 11:04:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/for-people-who-oppose-sanctions-on-foreign-dictators-or-leaders-who-commit-humanitarian-abuses-what-do-you-suggest.96947/post-17457660
Quote from: Frank O'Connor, Franchise Development Director of the Halo Franchise at 343 Industries
Two minutes of post history tells quite a tale! Verily! Like a Nigerian Prince scam-bot handing in a first year polisci essay two years early. Dat Venezuela take. Phew.

Jansen

« Reply #57757 on: January 31, 2019, 11:24:38 PM »
Jesus f*** does anybody here read all the politics s*** that Benji posts

Nothing makes me scoll harder

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #57758 on: January 31, 2019, 11:27:03 PM »
TOP DEFINITION
scoll
A ginger male with green teeth, low standards of hygene and a purple penis that dry's his clothes via the underfloor heating.
Look at that stinky scoll over there his cock looks like a tiny lightsabor.
每天生气

Jansen

« Reply #57759 on: January 31, 2019, 11:28:44 PM »

Jansen

« Reply #57760 on: January 31, 2019, 11:30:43 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #57761 on: January 31, 2019, 11:30:49 PM »

Like the war it's based on, this post is my own personal World War II. But no matter what, you aren't my personal Hitler, that'd be too far.

Jansen

« Reply #57762 on: January 31, 2019, 11:32:58 PM »

Like the war it's based on, this post is my own personal World War II. But no matter what, you aren't my personal Hitler, that'd be too far.

Nuitangg

« Reply #57763 on: January 31, 2019, 11:33:33 PM »
How old is Stinkles?  :lol

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #57764 on: January 31, 2019, 11:36:01 PM »
If you want to talk about primaries stuff then go to the primaries thread.

Not open for further replies.
Bernie Sanders is not a candidate in any of the primaries currently. :huh

That's hilarious.

benjipwns

« Reply #57765 on: January 31, 2019, 11:38:34 PM »
How old is Stinkles?  :lol
He's gotta be in his mid to late 40's at least. He was already writing in British gaming magazines in like 1990.

Jansen

« Reply #57766 on: January 31, 2019, 11:45:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/anime-ot-winter-2019-stand-with-the-mob-or-stand-with-your-friends.90921/page-44#post-17451477

Quote from: Steroyd, post: 17451477, member: 13160
Shield Hero isn't using it as shock value, more of a device to have Naofumi hate the world he's in, which seems to be playing a part of how his powers are manifesting, then again I could probably say the same thing about how Goblin Slayer's rape is used to portray how evil the goblins are that being said the first episode was for shock value.

The latest episode of Shield Hero has offered 2 opposing perspectives of slavery which is a galactic step up from the usual Isekai trash.

:doge

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #57767 on: January 31, 2019, 11:52:15 PM »
Vic Berger seems to be on Joe Rogans side here.  Giving him a platform (yikes!) and editing him to not be a nazi (double yikes!)

sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #57768 on: January 31, 2019, 11:55:32 PM »
Vic Berger seems to be on Joe Rogans side here.  Giving him a platform (yikes!) and editing him to not be a nazi (double yikes!)
Pacifism is to blame. War has its place in the world as a check and balance. Despots do whatever they want because they know there aren't any concequences.

benjipwns

« Reply #57769 on: February 01, 2019, 12:05:05 AM »
Frank tries lawyering: https://www.resetera.com/threads/fbi-arrests-roger-stone.95642/post-17458531
Quote from: Frank O'Connor, Franchise Development Director of the Halo Franchise at 343 Industries
Huh,. This article from a week ago was speculating that the reason for Stone's arrest was mostly about getting access to his devices and data.
Access can also be a legal and discovery semantic. If someone forwarded a string of Stone emails from a server or a recipient they'd need to verify or alternatively use that as justification for a warrant.

benjipwns

« Reply #57770 on: February 01, 2019, 12:09:44 AM »
Mrs. Stinkles does them. She's obsessive about it and still balances her checkbook, despite that not having the slightest bit of meaning.
i feel better knowing he has a good caregiver

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #57771 on: February 01, 2019, 12:28:03 AM »
Insane, maybe. But anyone with a MAGA hat on at this point is suspect. I'm sorry, but someone has to say it.
Yep, they're like Bernie Sanders supporters, only slightly less interested in established a white supremacist ethnostate.

benjipwns

« Reply #57772 on: February 01, 2019, 12:34:34 AM »
“Great works measure up, inspire higher standards of intellectual and moral honesty, and, when appreciated for what they are, serve as a guide for those among us who intend a transformation of reality. Settlers should serve as a reminder (to anyone who needs one) of the genocidal tendencies of the empire, the traitorous interplay between settler-capitalist, settler-nondescript, and colonial flunkies."
—Kuwasi Balagoon, Black Liberation Army

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #57773 on: February 01, 2019, 12:35:32 AM »
#DamnItsTrue

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #57774 on: February 01, 2019, 02:31:33 AM »
Kara made me read it this week, was a transformative experience, thinking of registering for the CPUSA now

Also from now on I'm spelling it "Amerika"
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #57775 on: February 01, 2019, 02:46:58 AM »
Amerikkka please.

benjipwns

« Reply #57776 on: February 01, 2019, 02:47:04 AM »
CPUSA :neogaf

benita

« Reply #57777 on: February 01, 2019, 03:00:13 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/trailer-for-peter-jacksons-wwi-movie-they-shall-not-grow-old.71515/page-2#post-17457561

Saw this in 3D and damn, it was oppressive. Great narration from the folks who fought. Completely immersive experience outside of some illustrated moments. It's a chilling moment when the frame widens and the restoration is introduced. War is hell. 4/5

Shawn Elliott would be proud.

Kara

Kara

« Reply #57779 on: February 01, 2019, 03:01:01 AM »
READ SETTLERS