Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5882797 times)

pizzashit

Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #57780 on: February 01, 2019, 03:01:51 AM »
Kirblar all like HOLD UP ON THE ANALOGIES YA'LL:
I feel like it lessens the legacy of Hitler when you make this comparison.
There was a very, very strong isolationist movement in the US at the time that didn't want the US involved or accepting refugees. Pearl Harbor forcibly dragged us in. Invoking WWII instead of Hitler is probably the much better thing to specify, just to avoid escalation of the analogy.
Just compare it to the most devastating war in human history, not Hitler jeez!

You mean gamergate

:salute

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #57782 on: February 01, 2019, 03:04:42 AM »
You can't go switching parties yet, the plan was relying on you seconding my nomination as McAfee's running mate at the Convention.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #57783 on: February 01, 2019, 03:06:56 AM »
Did you know CPUSA fired all of the Young Communist League recentish, benji? Was kind of hilarious to see them purge the faintest sign of life left in the organization because they didn't want to campaign for the war criminal the Democratic Party runs for president or whatever.

The local here joined the Red Guards which was also kind of hilarious in a "first as tragedy, then as farce" sense.

shosta

« Reply #57784 on: February 01, 2019, 03:15:07 AM »
You can't go switching parties yet, the plan was relying on you seconding my nomination as McAfee's running mate at the Convention.
I can't, I'm already beholden to Sam Seder, who I've been grooming for this role for years.
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #57785 on: February 01, 2019, 03:16:44 AM »
bah! what does he know about being Vice President!

benjipwns

« Reply #57786 on: February 01, 2019, 03:23:56 AM »
http://readsettlers.org/text-index.html
READ SETTLERS
https://thecharnelhouse.org/2017/05/15/dont-bother-reading-settlers-by-j-sakai/
So after I pos­ted this a couple days ago it was picked up by Anti-Fas­cist News, which linked to it along with the sole re­mark that it was “in­ter­est­ing.” This led some fans of Set­tlers to then launch a cam­paign against me per­son­ally, re­fer­ring to me as “a sac­ri­fi­cial pig to be made an ex­ample of” (a Mar­rano, per­haps?) and ap­plaud­ing the fact that I’d been doxxed in the past as a “com­mie Jew” by Storm­front neo-Nazis. One per­son even threatened to send people to my door, all be­cause I cri­ti­cized a book she likes. Joshua Mou­fawad-Paul of the blog M-L-M May­hem, whose meta-re­view I linked and whose name I un­for­tu­nately mis­spelled, also re­spon­ded to the post.

Now the per­son who threatened to send people after me is de­mand­ing a re­trac­tion and an apo­logy, fol­lowed by “mon­et­ary re­par­a­tions will be made to the mul­tiple Black and in­di­gen­ous people who have had to de­fend their his­tory from the de­valu­ation of a White per­son for their labor.”

shosta

« Reply #57787 on: February 01, 2019, 03:29:00 AM »
I've got his credentials right here, buddy
每天生气

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #57788 on: February 01, 2019, 03:30:48 AM »
The Rhizzone gets a shout out in that Charnel House review. :lol

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #57789 on: February 01, 2019, 04:34:00 AM »
We need a President who isn't afraid to do what needs to be done, like nationalizing Yum! brands.

benjipwns

« Reply #57790 on: February 01, 2019, 04:35:29 AM »
YUM! Brands should nationalize the people. :rejoice

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #57791 on: February 01, 2019, 06:02:47 AM »
CP USA sounds like something amirox would join.
Margs

BikeJesus

« Reply #57792 on: February 01, 2019, 07:04:45 AM »
I support UBY. Universal Basic Yum™!

Risible

« Reply #57793 on: February 01, 2019, 07:05:07 AM »
How old is Stinkles?  :lol
He's gotta be in his mid to late 40's at least. He was already writing in British gaming magazines in like 1990.

Do you mean Sumo?

agrajag

« Reply #57794 on: February 01, 2019, 10:00:25 AM »
I've got his credentials right here, buddy

I think you are secretly a MR fan  :hump

KarpalaJoe

« Reply #57795 on: February 01, 2019, 10:02:53 AM »
The insufferable and dumb as a rock Pablo Mesa has been banned permanently and no one told me ?  :o

Time for celebration.

Just so you know, he's the one who threw hundreds of mails/wrote letters to Nintendo to signal every roms site or torrent trackers on internet to Nintendo. It was his duty to defend his favourite company. He's the one responsible for giving away the idenity of some roms site owners and the lawsuit that followed.

He was also a pedo apologist.

Pablo Mesa if you read me : your mom isn't proud of you.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #57797 on: February 01, 2019, 10:32:02 AM »
I could’ve sworn there was a black history month OT on resetera that vanished after about 5 replies.
Oi Oi

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #57798 on: February 01, 2019, 10:33:14 AM »
I like how booker announcing presidency for the primaries is an ok thread, but a bernie announcement about legislation should "go in the primary thread".

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #57799 on: February 01, 2019, 10:53:46 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/well-its-groundhog-day-again.97056/

Never seen a group of people so thirsty for mirth. How could they not already be entertained by a place so... fun already.

:foodcourt

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #57800 on: February 01, 2019, 10:58:07 AM »
in which resetti seethes with envy over ninja and the nfl at the same time
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ninja-superbowl-commerical.96949/

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #57802 on: February 01, 2019, 11:02:25 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/abolish-ice-ice-confirms-force-feeding-of-detainees-on-hunger-strike.97014/

(Image removed from quote.)

They began the hunger strike at the start of the new year to call attention to what they say are inhumane conditions, repeated verbal threats of deportation and debilitating angst created by a total absence of information about their impending asylum cases.

Confirmed. ResetEra is torture.

:drudge

Boredfrom

« Reply #57803 on: February 01, 2019, 11:05:47 AM »
At least six immigrant detainees on a hunger strike have been force-fed through nasal tubes by immigration authorities, while nine other asylum-seekers are starving themselves, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement confirmed on Thursday.

I suppose that is the detail that Incelsior forgot to highlight while making the thread.

BisMarckie

« Reply #57804 on: February 01, 2019, 11:09:17 AM »

That's the first time I see this dude on video , I hate him already, so cringe worthy. Why is he so popular again? Then again I never got the appeal of streaming.
  :ltg

BisMarckie

« Reply #57806 on: February 01, 2019, 11:11:30 AM »
He's a cashcow and is more popular with the youth than all athletes combined.

:doge

Propagandhim

« Reply #57808 on: February 01, 2019, 11:12:57 AM »

Every. God. Damn. Thread.

We don't hate him because we're jealous of him. We hate him for being a sexist, slur using piece of shit.

This shit needs to be in the OP for every Ninja thread, then we'll soon figure out how much of the NInja defense-force are simply oblivious.

"Why is everyone a "piece of shit" except me?  This should be statistically impossible!"

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #57809 on: February 01, 2019, 11:13:29 AM »
I love the disclamers that posters feel compelled to include in there posts, lest they be piled upon like dogs.

I'm not saying it's right, just explaining what it is and what it is for.

Averon

« Reply #57810 on: February 01, 2019, 11:14:13 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vice-media-laying-off-hundreds-to-reduce-costs-waypoint-possibly-eliminated.97081/

Our favorite site WayPoint may be on the chopping block. I guess Austin and Patrick are gonna have to search for another job. This recent wave of media firings shows that these sites that provide super progressive/"woke" commentary daily isn't a sustainable business. The audience they serve isn't large enough to sustain them and they repel mainstream audiences with their constantly ridiculous hot takes and talking down to people who aren't progressive enough in their minds.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 11:22:31 AM by Averon »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #57811 on: February 01, 2019, 11:18:07 AM »
couldn't have happened to a better pair of scumbags

Boredfrom

« Reply #57812 on: February 01, 2019, 11:18:34 AM »
I think has more to do with the writters quality and commentary rather that just be woke honeypots.

Boredfrom

« Reply #57813 on: February 01, 2019, 11:23:38 AM »
I think has more to do with the writters quality and commentary rather that just be woke honeypots.

That's what I mean. When Shane was still there and they'd cover things no one else was, like Liberia, I was all on board. Then they started getting shitty millennials that don't seem to have an ounce of interest or insight in the topic they're covering and I couldn't handle it anymore.

The post was towards Averon before he edited it.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #57814 on: February 01, 2019, 11:25:38 AM »
I had to look up what waypoint was.

Of course everyone there is boohoo about fucking games section.

Boredfrom

« Reply #57815 on: February 01, 2019, 11:32:05 AM »
Waypoint‘s great, but they never seemed to gain much traction, so I sadly can‘t say that I‘m surprised. :/

I hope this turns out better than it sounds and that everyone affected will land on their feet.

I wonder why...

Boredfrom

« Reply #57816 on: February 01, 2019, 11:37:26 AM »
Waypoint is/was an important voice in the games space, I really loved that they were willing to dedicate part of their interviews with game devs to discuss labor practices at different studios. They always had unique and thoughtful takes on games and the industry. Austin Walker might be the person in games media that I respect the most.

Hahahaha

Oh wow!

I never followed Patrick and Austin after Giant Bomb but via Twitter I could see Waypoint was putting out quality stuff. Its a real damn shame to lose them and the rest of the team.

“I didn’t know ven bother in looking their stuff but my TL says that the were good”.

:lol

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #57817 on: February 01, 2019, 11:39:21 AM »
He can always start a blog showcasing his creepshots.

BisMarckie

« Reply #57819 on: February 01, 2019, 11:48:21 AM »

Vice and Buzzfeed are just the worst.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #57820 on: February 01, 2019, 11:51:27 AM »
Didn't know TVC worked there.

agrajag

« Reply #57821 on: February 01, 2019, 11:51:34 AM »
worst or best

:shaq

Boredfrom

« Reply #57822 on: February 01, 2019, 11:55:22 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Vice and Buzzfeed are just the worst.

Journalism is taking major hits this week, yo. Buzzfeed, now Vice. I wonder if Vox/Polygon are next.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/vice-media-laying-off-hundreds-to-reduce-costs-waypoint-possibly-eliminated.97081/post-17473565

While I loved loved LOVED Patrick and Austin at Giant Bomb, I think that they both have different goals about what they want to focus on and accomplish with their careers. And so while selfishly it'd be cool if they came back and cool if GB was able to keep them able to pay rent, I think they've sort've grown into a different direction than the 'entertainer' direction

Hipster Video Game critic that is to woke to attract audience without using bot nets?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57823 on: February 01, 2019, 12:00:12 PM »

That's the first time I see this dude on video , I hate him already, so cringe worthy. Why is he so popular again? Then again I never got the appeal of streaming.

At this point is the only actual gotcha they have on him that clip where he starts telling some kid to go fuck himself after the kid called him a taco?
Because it just seems like residual hate memory to go "fuck that guy" everytime hes mentioned

Boredfrom

« Reply #57824 on: February 01, 2019, 12:03:20 PM »
As much as Buzzfeed, Vice, and Vox put out fluff for clicks, they have all provided truly valuable journalism. That's just their business model (that appears to be failing): produce lots of clickbait to fund longform journalism. It looked like they figured out the internet for a minute, but technocapitalism is capricious and ruthless.

(I'm saying this as somebody who accrued a lifetime of student loan debt attending one of the top rated journalism programs in the world)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/vice-media-laying-off-hundreds-to-reduce-costs-waypoint-possibly-eliminated.97081/post-17473950

New Media is pretty fucked if you are the best of the best. No offense, but  :doge

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #57825 on: February 01, 2019, 12:04:55 PM »
“Oh Waypoint, it’s such a unique voice.” *swoon*

It posted the same Uber woke commentary that so many other sites did as well. What the hell was so ‘unique’ about them?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57826 on: February 01, 2019, 12:05:29 PM »
“Oh Waypoint, it’s such a unique voice.” *swoon*

It posted the same Uber woke commentary that so many other sites did as well. What the hell was so ‘unique’ about them?

Clickhole is intentionally funny

Propagandhim

« Reply #57827 on: February 01, 2019, 12:06:33 PM »

At this point is the only actual gotcha they have on him that clip where he starts telling some kid to go fuck himself after the kid called him a taco?
Because it just seems like residual hate memory to go "fuck that guy" everytime hes mentioned

There's basically nothing on the guy anywhere.  It's all just a symptom of general Sartrean misery projected on the radiant millionaire with colored hair.   

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57829 on: February 01, 2019, 12:10:49 PM »
It's all just a symptom of general Sartrean misery

its pretty amazing he nailed hell is other people without the benefit of evidence provided by the internet.
Although I suppose he was french and so was everyone he knew.

Boredfrom

« Reply #57830 on: February 01, 2019, 12:11:10 PM »
The number of people that feel the need to say they've never liked what these people do for a living but they're sad for them or whatever really brings home why Waypoint wasn't very sad to see GAF die.

Sometimes if your opinion is mostly "I don't like these people, but I don't want them to starve" you could probably just leave out the first part. Really.

I mean, I bet half of Reee are trying to not come and say: “they were a bunch of hypocritical nitpicky assholes that were annoying cunts at GB and other sites, their attempts at journalism and criticism were deflated by their own shitty attitude towards their potential audience and their half assed political commentary. But, hey, I don’t want them to starve.”

Averon

« Reply #57831 on: February 01, 2019, 12:13:10 PM »
Look at it this way: they can finally stop pretending they are interested in the industries they cover and go and be a full time political activist, which is were the true passions lay for many of these people.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #57832 on: February 01, 2019, 12:14:30 PM »
i'm sure as usual austin will find someone to throw under the bus to mask his own failure before moving on to grift money from some other dopey company. I'm honestly surprised Patrick didn't get that treatment for his creepshot history, though I guess when it comes to friends it's okay to cover up their misdeeds

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #57833 on: February 01, 2019, 12:16:23 PM »
I have never heard of Waypoint but

Damn and they just started a podcast talking about Kingdom Hearts lore.

if these are the business decisions they made, no wonder theyre closing
:O

Boredfrom

« Reply #57834 on: February 01, 2019, 12:18:02 PM »
Look at it this way: they can finally stop pretending they are interested in the industries they cover and go and be a full time political activist, which is were the true passions lay for many of these people.

They are not talented enough to run a video game website without creating self inflicted controversies every two months.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #57835 on: February 01, 2019, 12:18:14 PM »
The number of people that feel the need to say they've never liked what these people do for a living but they're sad for them or whatever really brings home why Waypoint wasn't very sad to see GAF die.

Sometimes if your opinion is mostly "I don't like these people, but I don't want them to starve" you could probably just leave out the first part. Really.

I mean, I bet half of Reee are trying to not come and say: “they were a bunch of hypocritical nitpicky assholes that were annoying cunts at GB and other sites, their attempts at journalism and criticism were deflated by their own shitty attitude towards their potential audience and their half assed political commentary. But, hey, I don’t want them to starve.”

I’ve been laid off from jobs my fair share, both circumstances that were and weren’t beyond my control. I have sympathy when your just part of the collateral damage. But if Waypoint wasn’t proving its value statement to the company, well, that’s kinda on those guys. They determined the content. I’ll pull an ERA classic: I feel real sorry for their families and hope they get through it alright.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #57836 on: February 01, 2019, 12:19:25 PM »
But who will tell me now that Monster Hunter World has problematic colonial elements, only to complain one sentence later about repetitive quests?

« Reply #57837 on: February 01, 2019, 12:20:51 PM »
RE wants to be what GAF was in the 00s to the gaming industry (the exclusive club that Devs post on, leaks and news broke on), except that GAF wasn’t even what GAF was before they jumped to RE in 2017. Message boards have been outmoded as a form of internet communication. They are used to having their own tightly moderated echo chambers, and won’t use the other platforms so they are bitter over it.

I think that’s where the continued salt over Ninja comes from.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 12:29:53 PM by ZombieSupaStar »

Propagandhim

« Reply #57838 on: February 01, 2019, 12:24:07 PM »
But who will tell me now that Monster Hunter World has problematic colonial elements, only to complain one sentence later about repetitive quests?

*okay 90% was an exaggeration.  But Dragon Quest XI is harmless.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 12:28:33 PM by Propagandhim »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #57839 on: February 01, 2019, 12:24:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-many-devices-are-on-your-home-network-spoilers.97061/post-17469336

What, and I'm supposed to think $100k a year makes me well off? How the fuck am I supposed to keep the latest versions of my 34 IOT devices on my high speed hub all up to date on that kind of money?
What, like I'm supposed to go and turn my lights on when its getting dark by myself? What is this, communist russia?