Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5899653 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #58921 on: February 04, 2019, 02:54:57 PM »
I'm getting blueballs here for a "you must be fun at parties" / "all the parties I go to are filled with activists" callback

Trojita

« Reply #58922 on: February 04, 2019, 02:55:16 PM »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #58923 on: February 04, 2019, 02:57:06 PM »
The only Bundy worth knowing is Al, you unfunny bogan cunt.

No need for name-calling.

Also never saw the show. Literally all I know off the cuff is that it is a family sitcom with Alyssa Milano in it

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #58924 on: February 04, 2019, 02:57:21 PM »
Quote from: incelsiorlef
Tolkien was a very prescient writer. So he saw the modern struggles with childhood obesity coming so he presents Froyo as a filthy Habbit, a high sugar food that children should in fact drop like a filthy habit. Now I imagine he started the book series with a much more hardline approach and that end the end he was going to have the Fellowship drop the filthy Habbit Froyo into the volcano... but then I think he realized that moderation and addressing temptation over prohibition was more effective. Hence Gollum who emaciated represents the dangers of prohibition and addiction. The ring of course represents temptation and so in the end Tolkien drops the ring and not the filthy Habbit into the volcano because it is temptation and addiction and not Froyo himself that is dangerous.
so no, not English much

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #58925 on: February 04, 2019, 02:57:29 PM »
I've seen her boobs

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #58926 on: February 04, 2019, 02:57:38 PM »
Twice

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #58927 on: February 04, 2019, 02:57:49 PM »
AmA

benjipwns

« Reply #58928 on: February 04, 2019, 02:59:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fun-thread-ot-post-your-fun-here-and-nowhere-else-update-fun-now-allowed-elsewhere.97671/post-17573417
Pretty sure that turtle is having an anxiety attack due to the water being too warm.

Why would you post this.
she does create fun though

agrajag

« Reply #58929 on: February 04, 2019, 03:00:06 PM »
Tolkien was a very prescient writer. So he saw the modern struggles with childhood obesity coming so he presents Froyo as a filthy Habbit, a high sugar food that children should in fact drop like a filthy habit. Now I imagine he started the book series with a much more hardline approach and that end the end he was going to have the Fellowship drop the filthy Habbit Froyo into the volcano... but then I think he realized that moderation and addressing temptation over prohibition was more effective. Hence Gollum who emaciated represents the dangers of prohibition and addiction. The ring of course represents temptation and so in the end Tolkien drops the ring and not the filthy Habbit into the volcano because it is temptation and addiction and not Froyo himself that is dangerous.
so no, not English much

is she off her meds

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #58930 on: February 04, 2019, 03:00:46 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #58931 on: February 04, 2019, 03:00:57 PM »
The motive behind the murder is not dissolved with the nonaction of murder (in this case, the belief that all black men are rapists and should be approached accordingly), like holy fuck how do people not get this
well i mean, it's kinda a key part in the whole MURDER/NOT MURDER thing

benjipwns

« Reply #58932 on: February 04, 2019, 03:02:07 PM »
Holy fuck, yikes.

When you really examine what he had to say, his actual story speaks to how he tried to hunt down and lynch any black person that gave him the side eye, just waiting to give him the excuse to kill a black person....
Quote from: Nepenthe
What I want to know is how all these folks know from personal experience that trying to lynch folks after trauma is an easily-forgivable reaction.
they're doing this on purpose now, I see you

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #58933 on: February 04, 2019, 03:02:27 PM »
Mediking got warned for that thread post lock too lol.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/yesterday-was-the-first-time-in-my-life-when-i-kissed-a-woman-that-wasn%E2%80%99t-my-mother.97668/#post-17571847

User Warned: Inappropriate content

but he intentionally withheld the details of the fingering.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #58934 on: February 04, 2019, 03:04:21 PM »
Has anyone asked Key and Peele their thoughts on Neeson?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58935 on: February 04, 2019, 03:04:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/liam-neesons-real-life-rape-revenge-tale-see-staff-post.97615/post-17573632
I'll just ask again in a general sense for the new page:
Do you think if it had been a white person he would have gone out looking to kill any white person who started something?

yes?
Have you never been out at a weekend and seen people actively looking for a fight because theres something else going on in their head and they want to lash out at someone?

Averon

« Reply #58936 on: February 04, 2019, 03:06:10 PM »
Them trying extra hard to 'prove' they can be fun--in an officially marked fun thread, which in itself is a poor attempt to be funny/cheeky--is just coming off as sort of sad. Squeezing blood out of that stone is futile. They are bitter, uptight people at heart. Bitter, uptight people forcing themselves to be funny comes off as awkward.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #58937 on: February 04, 2019, 03:07:36 PM »
Mediking got warned for that thread post lock too lol.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/yesterday-was-the-first-time-in-my-life-when-i-kissed-a-woman-that-wasn%E2%80%99t-my-mother.97668/#post-17571847

User Warned: Inappropriate content

He kissed a woman and touched her boobies  :nsfw :nsfw :nsfw :nsfw :exxy :exxy :exxy :exxy :nsfw :nsfw :nsfw :nsfw

Bore Expert

« Reply #58938 on: February 04, 2019, 03:08:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fun-thread-ot-post-your-fun-here-and-nowhere-else.97671/post-17573076
oh we have such fun

Era is so "fun" that they quarantine fun to one single thread.

Can’t have any of the fun stuff contaminating the manufactured outrage threads
 :wag

benjipwns

« Reply #58939 on: February 04, 2019, 03:08:40 PM »
Era Clear? Really, that’s what they decided to call it?  :lol

Sounds like an acne medication or something  :lol
Is Pogi dead or something?
killed his kid for playing video games instead of getting a job or something

Bore Expert

benjipwns

« Reply #58941 on: February 04, 2019, 03:10:37 PM »
Quote from: Gender: Male
Banning trans women to uphold the gender division is just compounding sexism with transphobia.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58942 on: February 04, 2019, 03:11:28 PM »
that when he says it was awful, that he looked at himself and said what the fuck are you doing, that he is only talking about the violence aspect, and the racist aspect is wholly separate from that...

He addresses the violence... calls the violence and revenge wrong.

He does not address the racism, never once calls it racism.

These are objective facts.  And what I said was.. that had he addressed or discussed the racism he might have gotten a different reaction.

You can claim all you want you get the "vibe" that he is regrtful for racism.. what is objectively true is that he never once admits to or apologizes for racism.  He does in fact admit to and apologize for violent vengful thoughts.

The pauses he makes are specifically transcribed.
Pauses like that are usually for comedic emphasis (seems unlikely here), for collecting thoughts (possible I suppose), or because what they are about to say are particularly difficult to admit.
He pauses on the racist part, and on the murder part. It seems likely to me those are the aspects he found most difficult to admit.

He doesn't have to explicitly say that it was racist for it to have been racist, and he doesn't have to say he is talking about cold blooded murder of an innocent bystander, for him to be talking about the cold blooded murder of an innocent bystander.

if he was secretly racist, but aware enough of his racism to feel shame, he would have just not mentioned that part. As I say, the story is no less shocking removing that element.
If he was overtly and openly unashamedly racist, it seems likely that that would have cropped up at some point during his career.

Propagandhim

« Reply #58943 on: February 04, 2019, 03:12:50 PM »
so no, not English much

is she off her meds

It's like being at the Church rec youth group and the leader is like, "See!  Just because we're Christians doesn't mean we can't talk about cool, radical things too!"  before immediately going straight to, "You know who was the most radical person of all?"

benjipwns

« Reply #58944 on: February 04, 2019, 03:12:50 PM »
Agreed. We don't need those kinds of people posting here. If anything, I wish mods were stricter. Too many little slap on the wrists that don't amount to anything.
Agreed. Permabans only or go home.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
PLS DON'T BAN ME CORRUPT MODS OF THE BIRE :uguu
[close]

Bore Expert

« Reply #58945 on: February 04, 2019, 03:13:22 PM »
Inappropriate content was the wrong phrasing. It should have been closed and deleted for being fucking weird and pathetic as can be.

They’d have nothing left

benjipwns

« Reply #58946 on: February 04, 2019, 03:15:25 PM »
The fact that this thread is of the same users shows how forced the humor is. I think Era's stance on the weird and bizzare need to be changed because the forum seems to foster a certain attitude and that attitude isn't built for joke-y fun stuff. Every thread I go in is all business. The only ones that seem to shoot the shit are more vocal communities with their inside jokes. Main page threads lack that certain charm.
stop stop he's dead

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #58947 on: February 04, 2019, 03:16:52 PM »
Official Thread For Having Fun (Read OP) (See Staff Post) (Locked Until Mods Can Review The Large Quantity of Reports Being Generated)
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #58948 on: February 04, 2019, 03:20:57 PM »
Quote from: Enzom21
He is a white man and the focus of his hatred was/is black people, of course people here are going to make excuse and defend him.
They are probably just like him.
:lawd

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #58950 on: February 04, 2019, 03:24:50 PM »
You're extrapolating my hardline stance about Shield Hero into a hardline stance about people who enjoy problematic things. Shield Hero is a very special case where the work is very much a manifesto in my eyes. It's not merely "Problematic".
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-anti-anime-left-is-garbage-and-heres-why-dont-let-the-alt-right-claim-anime-stuff-about-orientalism.97504/post-17574485

This isn't just problematic, this is serious

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58951 on: February 04, 2019, 03:25:48 PM »
He pauses on the racist part

No, he didn't...  what account are you reading?  He did not pause on the racism part.

“But my immediate reaction was…” There’s a pause. “I asked, did she know who it was? No. What colour were they? She said it was a black person.

“I went up and down areas with a cosh, hoping I’d be approached by somebody – I’m ashamed to say that – and I did it for maybe a week, hoping some [Neeson gestures air quotes with his fingers] ‘black bastard’ would come out of a pub and have a go at me about something, you know? So that I could,” another pause, “kill him.”

Neeson clearly knows what he’s saying, and how shocking it is, how appalling.

and on the murder part. It seems likely to me those are the aspects he found most difficult to admit.

He explictly and in detail later in the interview describes violence and revenge and killing... he didn't need to merely "pause" to emphasis that as he goes into detail about it.  He did not say a word about racism, or bring that aspect up when he was going into detail about how wrong his vengefuln feelings were.

He talks about revenge killings in northern ireland, which were predominately religion based, but he also doesn't talk about religious prejudice.

I straight up don't get how "racism" is the key takeaway from "I was walking around armed looking to kill a random person"

e: or how him talking about how awful, and ashamed he is of the entire scenario, but mentally put "but didn't explicitly mention racism, so I guess he's fine with that part"

benjipwns

Boredfrom

« Reply #58953 on: February 04, 2019, 03:29:17 PM »
that when he says it was awful, that he looked at himself and said what the fuck are you doing, that he is only talking about the violence aspect, and the racist aspect is wholly separate from that...

He addresses the violence... calls the violence and revenge wrong.

He does not address the racism, never once calls it racism.

These are objective facts.  And what I said was.. that had he addressed or discussed the racism he might have gotten a different reaction.

You can claim all you want you get the "vibe" that he is regrtful for racism.. what is objectively true is that he never once admits to or apologizes for racism.  He does in fact admit to and apologize for violent vengful thoughts.

The pauses he makes are specifically transcribed.
Pauses like that are usually for comedic emphasis (seems unlikely here), for collecting thoughts (possible I suppose), or because what they are about to say are particularly difficult to admit.
He pauses on the racist part, and on the murder part. It seems likely to me those are the aspects he found most difficult to admit.

He doesn't have to explicitly say that it was racist for it to have been racist, and he doesn't have to say he is talking about cold blooded murder of an innocent bystander, for him to be talking about the cold blooded murder of an innocent bystander.

if he was secretly racist, but aware enough of his racism to feel shame, he would have just not mentioned that part. As I say, the story is no less shocking removing that element.
If he was overtly and openly unashamedly racist, it seems likely that that would have cropped up at some point during his career.

Riotous is in EtiolateMode. Dont bother with him right now.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

benjipwns

« Reply #58956 on: February 04, 2019, 03:36:08 PM »
The 13 year old kid who thinks Shield Hero is cool shouldn't be on the internet or watching shield hero
lol

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #58957 on: February 04, 2019, 03:37:02 PM »
If I was mod, I would just change the title of the Serial Killer Neeson thread to "Fun thread |OT| You're TAKEN this too seriously"

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #58958 on: February 04, 2019, 03:37:54 PM »
wtf 7 pages in 6 hours??? what the fuck happened!

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #58959 on: February 04, 2019, 03:39:41 PM »
I don't choose to believe anything about Neeson, I really don't care nor do any of us have any clue if he's racist or not.

We also don't even know if Neeson thinks that story of his involves racism, because he didn't address it.... I suspect he does think it was racist,I suspect that he feels regret over that fact.

I do not know that because he didn't say as much, he only expressed regret directly for the concept of revenge and wanting to kill people.

Had he directly addressed the racism (if he actually believes it was racist), there might have been a different reaction to the story.

But I guess I'm just etiolating here.  Fuck you guys are fucking circle jerking morons.

:umad

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #58960 on: February 04, 2019, 03:40:20 PM »
riotous is such a tool, can’t imagine how disappointed riotous sr. must be.

#ryedaddy2020
Margs

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #58961 on: February 04, 2019, 03:40:34 PM »
wtf 7 pages in 6 hours??? what the fuck happened!

like, 4 fun threads dropped out of an EraClear lootbox at the same time.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 03:49:34 PM by who is ted danson? »
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #58962 on: February 04, 2019, 03:41:24 PM »
Also, it's one of these days where benji is off his meds.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #58963 on: February 04, 2019, 03:42:18 PM »
You know what they need is a race war thread. A thread with no moderation and no hard feeling where people can say what they REALLY think about mayos and nuggets

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58964 on: February 04, 2019, 03:42:31 PM »
You are magically attributing a pause between those 2 statements.. "And my reaction was..... I asked.. did she know who it was?".. as somehow Liam Neesan admitting to and apologizing for racism.

Amazing.

I mean, you're free to interpret what he said however you want, but to my eyes he was telling a personal anecdote - warts and all - to show how he can understand how other people can get caught up in a cycle of hatred - for example the religious intolerance that the Troubles consisted of, or contemporary hate crimes - and that he moved past it and is ashamed that he was ever in that position.

Just seems... weird to me to need footnotes in that anecdote to explain the racist part is racist, and a special condemnation specifically for the racist part to distance himself from it, when literally the entire anecdote is about the shame he feels for that period of his life.

marrec

« Reply #58965 on: February 04, 2019, 03:42:50 PM »
I don't choose to believe anything about Neeson, I really don't care nor do any of us have any clue if he's racist or not.

We also don't even know if Neeson thinks that story of his involves racism, because he didn't address it.... I suspect he does think it was racist,I suspect that he feels regret over that fact.

I do not know that because he didn't say as much, he only expressed regret directly for the concept of revenge and wanting to kill people.

Had he directly addressed the racism (if he actually believes it was racist), there might have been a different reaction to the story.

But I guess I'm just etiolating here.  Fuck you guys are fucking circle jerking morons.

For what it's worth, I agree. Neeson avoids directly addressing the racism in his reaction which is why a lot of black folks aren't exactly ready to forgive and forget.

To be sure, even if he had given a 2 hour lecture on what exactly he's done to address his racism there would still be people ready to "cancel" him.

But of course folks are gunna circle jerk here.

Trojita

« Reply #58966 on: February 04, 2019, 03:43:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-anti-anime-left-is-garbage-and-heres-why-dont-let-the-alt-right-claim-anime-stuff-about-orientalism.97504/page-8#post-17571357

Quote from: CatSoul, post: 17571317, member: 49440
How can you condemn a group of people entirely based on what you admit is your own opinion/viewpoint?

Quote from: Kitsunelaine, post: 17571357, member: 3829
As humans we do this every day. It's quite easy.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #58967 on: February 04, 2019, 03:43:58 PM »
You know what they need is a race war thread. A thread with no moderation and no hard feeling where people can say what they REALLY think about mayos and nuggets
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #58968 on: February 04, 2019, 03:44:45 PM »
You are magically attributing a pause between those 2 statements.. "And my reaction was..... I asked.. did she know who it was?".. as somehow Liam Neesan admitting to and apologizing for racism.

Amazing.

I mean, you're free to interpret what he said however you want, but to my eyes he was telling a personal anecdote - warts and all - to show how he can understand how other people can get caught up in a cycle of hatred - for example the religious intolerance that the Troubles consisted of, or contemporary hate crimes - and that he moved past it and is ashamed that he was ever in that position.

Just seems... weird to me to need footnotes in that anecdote to explain the racist part is racist, and a special condemnation specifically for the racist part to distance himself from it, when literally the entire anecdote is about the shame he feels for that period of his life.

Even if he explicitly said it, most of era would be like "yeah ok sure whatever buddy, don't things don't just go away".

benjipwns

« Reply #58969 on: February 04, 2019, 03:44:59 PM »
i did like the part of the Neeson one where the mods said no punishment for endorsing race-based murder

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #58970 on: February 04, 2019, 03:45:21 PM »
why are there ten new pages  :busta
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #58971 on: February 04, 2019, 03:47:22 PM »
We shouldn't let them claim anything. Hell, we should unite and fight to take back Pepe the frog. He's a victim.
The original artist tried. I don't remember where that lawsuit ended up, but he spent quite a bit of money to get the proper rights returned to him.

Memes are funny though. Even if he went after the right wing elements using pepe the frog, they probably would still use it.
wut

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #58972 on: February 04, 2019, 03:49:07 PM »
I can practically see the veins bulging in Deepwater’s head right now. And given that guy’s history, it’s hilarious that he’s acting like he hasn’t wanted harm on someone for being white.

please don't equate killing up with killing down  :doge

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #58973 on: February 04, 2019, 03:49:16 PM »

check the threadmarkers

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58974 on: February 04, 2019, 03:49:31 PM »

All I said was he'd probably have gotten a different reaction had he addresed the racism aspect.

Like.. what is controversial about my statement?   "Well he paused bro"... why did you argue that?

I never once stated how I interpreted his comments.

I mean... you had issues that "my vibe" was that he knew it was racist of him, and he was ashamed of that, but you're saying that you suspect that to be the case as well.
He probably is going to put out a comment specifically addressing racism, because - depressingly - that seems to be the only aspect of this story that certain people give a fuck about.

benjipwns

« Reply #58975 on: February 04, 2019, 03:49:40 PM »
Liam Neeson killed all the trans women trying to have fun on ResetERA.com, so all the minorities left Ireland in droves, bazinga

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #58976 on: February 04, 2019, 03:49:42 PM »

For what it's worth, I agree. Neeson avoids directly addressing the racism in his reaction which is why a lot of black folks aren't exactly ready to forgive and forget.

To be sure, even if he had given a 2 hour lecture on what exactly he's done to address his racism there would still be people ready to "cancel" him.

But of course folks are gunna circle jerk here.

Well, if you want a sane answer, I think he should address them as well. He didn’t dance around the race issue, but focused on the him feeling violent and fantasizing about it. Given it is 40 years, and to me knowledge. No other signs otherwise, I’m willing to wait and see if he does address it. If he doesn’t, then that’s kinda an answer.

But, despite the insane in that thread, I totally understand having irrational rage after having a friend raped. I mean, it is believable and understandable, though not condonable.

And before anyone else it does it...

:no1curr

BisMarckie

« Reply #58977 on: February 04, 2019, 03:52:09 PM »
Quote from: Nepenthe
Dismantlement of white supremacy. A South African style recognition of the problem with a German-style purging of white supremacist symbols in society. Significant cash flow routed back to ailing neighborhoods and businesses of color. Tax breaks and debt waivers for people of color. The whole shebang.

It will never happen, but things like that are the least you could do for the shit y'all continue to pull.
thanks, will write a letter to my congressman

Good thing they said symbols instead of people, because you better not dig too deep in most German politicans CV after the war until like the 90s. :teehee
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 04:52:33 PM by KennyLoggins »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58978 on: February 04, 2019, 03:52:46 PM »
also still  :-* even if your dad is the green river killer

benjipwns

« Reply #58979 on: February 04, 2019, 03:53:26 PM »
they went back and did it!
User Banned (3 Days): Drive-by posting and inflammatory false equivalencies

This will teach me a lesson. Nobody should be forgiven for their young mistakes unless they direct a Marvel movie.