Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 1560756 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #58920 on: January 14, 2019, 05:04:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-lady-gaga-and-angelina-jolie-are-competing-to-be-noted-egyptian-queen-cleopatra.93453/post-16869515

The new film is billed by the source at Sony as a "dirty, bloody political thriller told from a white feminist perspective".
Fixed that.

:popular

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #58921 on: January 14, 2019, 05:06:42 PM »
I can see a future where REE gets upset that Alexander Hamilton isn't represented as a PoC in a movie.

remy

« Reply #58922 on: January 14, 2019, 05:09:56 PM »
God it was hard going a day without dunking on reset but somehow i survived

PogiJones

« Reply #58923 on: January 14, 2019, 05:29:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bless-you-after-a-sneeze-is-bullshit.93298/#post-16849877

Yelling GEZUNDHEIT!!! is much better, in my opinion.
Isn't it kinda cultural appropiation if you're not jewish?

:snoop

I made this in reaction to that post:

bork, pls add to smileys

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #58924 on: January 14, 2019, 05:35:05 PM »
How much revenue did the bire lose during the time it was offline?

Trick question: demi actually saved money by The Bire being temporarily offline.
dog

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #58925 on: January 14, 2019, 05:42:19 PM »
 :goty2
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #58926 on: January 14, 2019, 05:47:04 PM »
Since I have been here for such a brief period of time I have watched the smiley list BALLOON OUT OF CONTROL

THE EXORBITANT FILE HOSTING COSTS

When is enough enough?!
Uncle

BisMarckie

« Reply #58927 on: January 14, 2019, 05:49:03 PM »

Trick question: demi actually saved money by The Bire being temporarily offline.

There's gotta be a way to monetize gay subtext!

Cauliflower Of Love

• Section 552
« Reply #58928 on: January 14, 2019, 05:56:02 PM »
More like Ruth Masterbader Ginsburg.

mmm

Imagine how sticky that gavel ended up.
titor

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #58929 on: January 14, 2019, 05:57:03 PM »
Since I have been here for such a brief period of time I have watched the smiley list BALLOON OUT OF CONTROL

When is enough enough?!

Still waiting for surprised pikachu though
:O

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #58930 on: January 14, 2019, 06:09:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/police-taser-machete-wielding-man-at-a-london-railway-station-video.93444/

Gotta love the immediate and repeated "well if this happened over here in muhrica..."

Bless the british police for handling the case without shooting left and right :rejoice

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Obviously, not carrying firearms helps, but  :shh
[close]

PogiJones

« Reply #58931 on: January 14, 2019, 06:15:26 PM »

When is enough enough?!

Yeah, but tbf, there are like 15 smileys expressing the exact same emotion, then 15 more expressing another emotion. None of the smileys quite express the subtle disappointment and frustration that this new one would.

I mean, who's going to use this one  :boring instead of this one  :snore

Then there's a bunch that are just worthless. Who would ever use these?  :bedroomeyes :stan :vr :beavis :journo :like :dislike :marimo :rash :drake :busta :betty :flabbypd :win :tocry :nsfanyone :pacspit :PP :borys :fabulous :patel :hmph :meeble :ussrcry :japancry :chinacry :cancry :gbcry :swisscry :auscry :tophat :heartbeat :heart

No one's gonna use those. So they should be culled and new, good ones added.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #58932 on: January 14, 2019, 06:16:17 PM »
All Bore emotes are beautiful and pure.
dog

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58934 on: January 14, 2019, 06:19:58 PM »
UK fact check: an enquiry aboutr a police shooting of a man wielding a knife literally concluded today
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-46861321

:gbcry

No one's gonna use those.

I've literally used all of these in my short time here:
:journo :win :ussrcry

edit:
seriously, charlie sheen in full ive got tiger blood #winning mode is so funny to me to compare to evilore

PogiJones

« Reply #58935 on: January 14, 2019, 06:22:33 PM »
All Bore emotes are beautiful and pure.

:wag

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58936 on: January 14, 2019, 06:24:38 PM »

PogiJones

« Reply #58937 on: January 14, 2019, 06:29:59 PM »
I can see it being used for Lore posts. I figured out of the 20+ emotes smileys I pulled there would be some people liked, but overall, the ones I pulled are mostly worthless.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #58938 on: January 14, 2019, 06:31:07 PM »
You're worthless.

Nintex

• HAHA posts go BRRRRRR
« Reply #58939 on: January 14, 2019, 06:32:21 PM »
The bire smiley list is a internet meme time machine.

:bowsette
🤵🏼

james

« Reply #58940 on: January 14, 2019, 06:35:49 PM »
I use this one whenever I need to pop a quick one at work

:journo :journo :journo

But yes we should retire 10-15 or so

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #58941 on: January 14, 2019, 06:47:21 PM »
And he didnt awnser the question directly obviously but I know how this site is with black people so I'm out I think i have said enough
https://resetera.com//threads/kevin-hart-thinks-being-offended-by-anti-gay-jokes-and-being-gay-is-a-choice.93227/post-16837356

User banned (duration under review): excusing homophobia, bad faith trolling + history of severe infractions

Pointing out Era's harsh and punitive stance on POC, minorities, and women is now "bad faith trolling?"

:bedroomeyes :bedroomeyes :bedroomeyes
sigh

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #58942 on: January 14, 2019, 06:51:44 PM »
Klean and Shani123 got banned (I should know, I got the latter banned by essentially baiting him into defending Rob Porter. Deserved ban.) Rest are smart enough not to come here lmao

Warning: Admitting to previous posts made in bad faith

Members are responsible for their own behavior. Let's not do this. Thank you.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wapo-trump-has-gone-to-extraordinary-lengths-to-hide-details-of-talks-with-putin-such-as-taking-interpreter%E2%80%99s-notes-u-s-officials-say.93083/post-16821431

First they admit that Alimnassor was actually bad faith and now they admit "ban baiting" is a real thing?   :mindblown
sigh

Cauliflower Of Love

• Section 552
« Reply #58943 on: January 14, 2019, 07:02:55 PM »
can someone help me, I can't log in.
titor

Transhuman

« Reply #58944 on: January 14, 2019, 07:10:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-lady-gaga-and-angelina-jolie-are-competing-to-be-noted-egyptian-queen-cleopatra.93453/post-16869515

The new film is billed by the source at Sony as a "dirty, bloody political thriller told from a white feminist perspective".
Fixed that.

This could potentially be the last time Angelina Jolie's breasts are in a movie.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #58945 on: January 14, 2019, 07:15:29 PM »
can someone help me, I can't log in.
Then who was post?
que

Cauliflower Of Love

• Section 552
« Reply #58946 on: January 14, 2019, 07:21:37 PM »

Fixed that.

This could potentially be the last time Angelina Jolie's breasts are in a movie.

wow rude, didn't she have a double mastectomy?
titor

Cauliflower Of Love

• Section 552
« Reply #58947 on: January 14, 2019, 07:21:57 PM »
oh no wait, that was just god's choice
titor

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #58948 on: January 14, 2019, 07:22:31 PM »
And to the surprise of absolutely no one, Polygon, Kotaku, etc. haven't touched the story of the Blizzard guy who was bullied at work.

Transhuman

« Reply #58949 on: January 14, 2019, 07:24:40 PM »

She rebuilt them.

We have the technology.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #58950 on: January 14, 2019, 07:24:53 PM »
Then there's a bunch that are just worthless. Who would ever use these?  :meeble

fuck you

:meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble :meeble
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

• Section 552
« Reply #58951 on: January 14, 2019, 07:28:11 PM »

She rebuilt them.

We have the technology.

now i feel bad, i was just kidding about that.

:'(

--

:meeble is the best emoji

titor

thetylerrob

« Reply #58952 on: January 14, 2019, 07:28:59 PM »
 :patel

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #58953 on: January 14, 2019, 07:34:09 PM »
Uncle

Stro

• I'm just a dragon-canine boye
« Reply #58954 on: January 14, 2019, 07:37:15 PM »
Depending on your point of view, Bubble Bobble is either about the benefits of composting or Jordan Peterson's worst nightmare

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #58955 on: January 14, 2019, 07:41:13 PM »
My wife's tits are named Bubble Bobble.
Oi Oi

Cauliflower Of Love

• Section 552
« Reply #58956 on: January 14, 2019, 07:47:28 PM »
I just call them cum dumps.
titor

Stro

• I'm just a dragon-canine boye
« Reply #58957 on: January 14, 2019, 07:51:34 PM »
No you don't

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #58958 on: January 14, 2019, 07:54:31 PM »
She calls my dick the eggplant wizard.
Oi Oi

Cauliflower Of Love

• Section 552
titor

zepblackstar

« Reply #58960 on: January 14, 2019, 08:01:51 PM »
Me clicking on the last page

She calls my dick the eggplant wizard.
(Image removed from quote.)
My wife's tits are named Bubble Bobble.
I just call them cum dumps.

:comeon

Cauliflower Of Love

• Section 552
« Reply #58961 on: January 14, 2019, 08:15:09 PM »
is there a another name for straight edge's wife's tits?
titor

Transhuman

« Reply #58962 on: January 14, 2019, 08:18:24 PM »
A breast by any other name would smell as sweet

Cauliflower Of Love

• Section 552
« Reply #58963 on: January 14, 2019, 08:21:02 PM »
not if its covered in cum likes straight edge's wife's breast.
titor

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #58964 on: January 14, 2019, 08:22:35 PM »

When is enough enough?!

:gentleman :gentleman :gentleman :gentlemanNEVER ENOUGH :gentleman :gentleman :gentleman :gentleman
ど助平

Transhuman

« Reply #58966 on: January 14, 2019, 08:23:05 PM »
Nah he probably respects his wife too much to do that.

Nothing but missionary the way god intended

Cauliflower Of Love

• Section 552
« Reply #58967 on: January 14, 2019, 08:25:12 PM »
titor

Cauliflower Of Love

• Section 552
« Reply #58968 on: January 14, 2019, 08:26:09 PM »
i just realized that first couple of lines are super racist.

titor

james

« Reply #58969 on: January 14, 2019, 08:33:33 PM »
Me too. Might support them by buying more Gillette blades 

These rubes are such easy marks

Boredfrom

« Reply #58970 on: January 14, 2019, 10:04:22 PM »
Then it seems useless to mention that. This conversation is obviously in the context of advertising.
If all messaging is just pandering, then what's the point of bringing that up?
Ads placement still affects human behavior. So if an ad carries a positive message, then I'd rather see positive messages being conveyed. Advertising is obviously going to exist no matter what.

Much like if an ad carries a really terrible message, pandering to our worse natures should be identified, discussed, and ideally condemned.

I sure I like corporations telling me what is right or wrong without nuance.

I don't like what seems to be the consensus that the backlash to this is coming from a vocal minority. It's telling that unless communities such as ResetEra weed out posts like the comments on this video then they tend to be the majority political consensus of that given community. A bunch of men are offended by an ad that asks them. to respect women and each other, and if we just handwave it away as a bunch of basement-dwelling incels then we're ignoring a huge problem.

So close yet so far from the mark...

spoiler (click to show/hide)
the message is not totally wrong (just hyperbolic), but is preachy as fuck that it hurts.
[close]
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 10:11:30 PM by Boredfrom »

Transhuman

« Reply #58971 on: January 14, 2019, 10:32:25 PM »
People are offended because the ad is evoking domestic violence to sell shaving products.

Cauliflower Of Love

• Section 552
« Reply #58973 on: January 14, 2019, 10:53:07 PM »
shaving products are intrinsically domestically abusively
titor

JayDubya

« Reply #58974 on: January 14, 2019, 11:43:36 PM »
Gillette just ensured a lot of people won't be buying anything from them ever.  What a needless self-inflicted injury.

thisismyusername

• Dirty Anarcho-Socialist for Grandpa Communism #ACAIB ☭☭☭☭☭#VOTECOMMIENOMATTERWHO☭☭☭☭
« Reply #58975 on: January 15, 2019, 12:02:04 AM »

When is enough enough?!

:gentleman :gentleman :gentleman :gentlemanNEVER ENOUGH :gentleman :gentleman :gentleman :gentleman

All these smileys and I can't get :kermiT

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #58976 on: January 15, 2019, 12:09:55 AM »
not getting your razors in the mail in 2019 :jeanluc

james

« Reply #58978 on: January 15, 2019, 12:17:49 AM »
not getting your razors in the mail in 2019 :jeanluc

Not using an electric razor in 2019

:goldberg :goldberg

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #58979 on: January 15, 2019, 12:20:20 AM »
they leave bumps on my delicate skin