Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5894507 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #59100 on: February 04, 2019, 05:56:44 PM »
missed one mods:
What I find frustrating is that there is definitely some bad faith arguing going on the other side here, including this study which we are told (I even just accepted upthread) as “settled science” then realised one of them studied less than ten people and the person conducting the study had a direct benefit in the results going the way they did.

I think blanket bans without backup are ridiculous like this case. But I do feel being cautious (and more importantly- fund wide studies into this!) is better and also perhaps having a wider social discussion on the matter. Perhaps cis women need to become more accepting of trans women? Perhaps trans women need to understand how it feels for cis women in this matter too? I’ve heard both claims be made quite a lot, and not just in sport.

plus beautiful Platy nonsense:
That is the whole point of that argument. Even on trans people, the studies focus on people who already went through puberty.
If someone went through the right puberty, there will be ZERO differences. Not taller, not wider, not anything.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #59101 on: February 04, 2019, 05:58:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/democrats-are-drafting-a-proposal-for-5-billion-for-border-security-with-%E2%80%98no-new-structures%E2%80%99-no-wall-to-end-shutdown.95245/page-26#post-17193480
Quote from: marrec, not a troll
Border security is not white supremacy
https://www.resetera.com/threads/democrats-are-drafting-a-proposal-for-5-billion-for-border-security-with-%E2%80%98no-new-structures%E2%80%99-no-wall-to-end-shutdown.95245/page-19#post-17162326
Quote from: marrec, nope, not a troll
Are you somehow suggesting that there aren't people trying to cross the border who should be in some way inspected and/or stopped? The GOP are certainly overblowing the issue, but that does not mean the issue is non-existent. Borders need to be secured and the process for incoming migrants needs to be robust and both of these things require funding.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-gave-up-on-finding-a-partner.93961/post-16959702
Quote from: marrec, this isn't trolling at all
Dating after 30 for dudes is easy mode as long as you take care of yourself and are a responsible adult.
Quote from: marrec, who isn't cultivating an identity on restera.com
Why do people always accuse me of not arguing in good faith?
Quote from: marrec, serious poster
There's definitely a discussion to be had about "but what if the Democrats are to blame [for the shutdown]" If we just ban people who have a dissenting opinion what's even the point?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/trump-tweets-daily-wire-meme-warren-1-2020th.91063/page-8#post-16506804
Quote from: marrec, not a connoisseur of racist memes
Yea, the joke is funny.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sam-harris-announces-hes-deleting-his-patreon-for-freedom-of-speech-violation.87537/post-16140772
Quote from: marrec, not making fun of resetera
You clearly have no interest in good faith discussion I've reported this post.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sam-harris-announces-hes-deleting-his-patreon-for-freedom-of-speech-violation.87537/post-16054084
Quote from: marrec, not repeating one of benji's favorite stories or making fun of resetera
I'm 100% for government regulation of social media to be honest. And just so we're not confused, I don't think we're at the point yet where a few oligarchical sites have the power to disenfranchise someone completely, but I could definitely see a route there from here.
每天生气

FStop7

« Reply #59102 on: February 04, 2019, 05:58:50 PM »
I’m going to log in as the RedMercury account to try and take the heat off of the marrec account.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #59103 on: February 04, 2019, 05:59:51 PM »
A friendly reminder that many Native Americans are suffering right now with sky-high rates of sexual abuse, police brutality, incarcerations, unsustainable wages, and unemployment...

... Thank you for your time.

You hear this, Marrec?  They're already being raped.  Once is enough.

:yuck

If someone said this just because the topic of native americans came up I would spread a rumor that they were bigoted against me because I'm native.

Oooh, someone quoted and added this

Don't forget the history of alcohol addiction.

Thanks for the support for my peoples ERA  :itagaki
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 06:07:01 PM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

Boredfrom

« Reply #59104 on: February 04, 2019, 06:00:47 PM »
I'm 100% for government regulation of social media to be honest. And just so we're not confused, I don't think we're at the point yet where a few oligarchical sites have the power to disenfranchise someone completely, but I could definitely see a route there from here.

:doge

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #59105 on: February 04, 2019, 06:01:38 PM »
I wonder if they'd close a thread about this since it involves ghost primary sanders, but non primary schumer.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/04/schumer-and-sanders-swipe-at-trump-tax-cuts-with-stock-buybacks-plan.html

:thinking

benjipwns

« Reply #59106 on: February 04, 2019, 06:01:40 PM »
I can't believe that "Media can help normalize terrible people / things" is actually being questioned right now.
Questioning the very premise of how media affects people is the only defense people have for this kind of content. It's basically them giving up.

shosta

« Reply #59107 on: February 04, 2019, 06:02:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fun-thread-ot-post-your-fun-here-and-nowhere-else-update-fun-now-allowed-elsewhere.97671/post-17577497
Quote from: Finale Fireworker
What I've learned over the last year or so is that people bring the energy of the world in to the forum with them. The last couple of years have been really, really difficult for most of our members. So much has happened and the landscape of the internet has changed so much.

For me, nothing encapsulates that change more than Twitter itself.

I remember how I used Twitter from 2012-2016. My feed was 100% jokes. I used Twitter to decompress and distract myself while I was in college because I knew if I went there I would have a lot to laugh at. It was cathartic, comedic, and comforting. But without changing who I followed at all my timeline changed dramatically by 2016. My Twitter became all politics all the time and nothing but bad news with the occasional defeatist retweet of a joke from years ago. Twitter is no longer a place I go to have fun. It's a news feed of angry, sad, and occasionally funny people. All the same faces, all the same accounts, but a lot has changed.

I think people also discount the fact a lot of us are simply getting older. It's easy to say things were more fun five or ten years ago. But we are five or ten years older too. We remember things better than they used to be and also tire more easily from how things actually are.

In 2019, we are in the midst of new civil rights movement. Nations are contending with fascist despots causing irreversible damage to their countries. Climate change is rapidly reducing longterm sustainability of the planet. People who didn't use to bother with politics now can't afford to turn their head away. But when I think of 2014, I didn't worry about any of this. I remember Flappy Bird and that Ellen DeGeneres selfie at the Oscars and Justin Bieber getting arrested. It's not like that for me now. Things are different.

The world has changed. I have changed. The internet has changed. We are just collectively madder, sadder, and less likely to be in a good mood when we log on to Twitter or Reddit or ResetEra or anywhere else online. People say it a lot, but the best you can do is be the change you wish to see in the community. Have more patience, react more calmly, and try to stay positive even though it's hard to. I think no matter what we have to still love each other. We are all we have.
This is beyond amazing.
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #59108 on: February 04, 2019, 06:09:18 PM »
Anything to protect anime!
You say that like on gaming side they wouldn't use literally anything to protect games!

benjipwns

« Reply #59109 on: February 04, 2019, 06:11:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ice-has-arrested-21-savage-and-are-claiming-he%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9Cunlawfully-in-the-u-s-%E2%80%9D.97470/post-17579862
Every single mainstream rapper is probably a federal agent or in the intelligence community. Their job is to proliferate Black stereotypes to the masses.

21 Savage is an M15 plant.
little does he know...

benjipwns

« Reply #59110 on: February 04, 2019, 06:13:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/liam-neesons-real-life-rape-revenge-tale-see-staff-post.97615/post-17580537
Quote from: Lonewulfeus
Isn’t charity directly related to guilt? He’s probably only doing it to make up for all of those people he killed back in the 70s.
STEALING CONTENT, I KNOW YOU READ HERE

benjipwns

« Reply #59111 on: February 04, 2019, 06:15:19 PM »
i like this low simmering revolt:
Are you really surprised by this? Era has a problem with plenty of people immediately forgiving or “ just asking questions “ in regards to racial sins committed by a non-POC , see any cop murder thread, the assault on the actor from Empire thread, the MAGA teens thread, this thread, etc.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #59112 on: February 04, 2019, 06:17:42 PM »
i like this low simmering revolt:
Are you really surprised by this? Era has a problem with plenty of people immediately forgiving or “ just asking questions “ in regards to racial sins committed by a non-POC , see any cop murder thread, the assault on the actor from Empire thread, the MAGA teens thread, this thread, etc.

Insinuating that PoCs can be racist. I see you.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #59113 on: February 04, 2019, 06:32:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/liam-neesons-real-life-rape-revenge-tale-see-staff-post.97615/post-17580537
Quote from: Lonewulfeus
Isn’t charity directly related to guilt? He’s probably only doing it to make up for all of those people he killed back in the 70s.
STEALING CONTENT, I KNOW YOU READ HERE

marrec needs to be more slick with his content stealing alts.

benjipwns

« Reply #59114 on: February 04, 2019, 06:37:12 PM »
It’s so odd to me that on as a progressive site as Resetera there are a good number people who are willing to defend shit like Goblin Slayer and Shield Hero. Why some people want to die on that hill is beyond me.
jansen explain why this hill

benjipwns

« Reply #59115 on: February 04, 2019, 06:40:21 PM »
That New Knowledge experiment sounded risky and lucky not to face charges. It's cool that they pulled it off and got good data. If they are for keeping elections clean going forward that information would be helpful in recognizing and tracking interference. Something other nations might be able to learn and adapt to secure their own elections.
shosta explain

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #59116 on: February 04, 2019, 06:41:43 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #59117 on: February 04, 2019, 06:43:30 PM »
People have become more savvy so as to not Violate the TOS, they take the “ just asking questions “ approach to just stir shit up
he's giving away all the secrets!!!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
You're confused by people getting mad about an attempted lynching?
:maf :maf :maf
[close]

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #59118 on: February 04, 2019, 06:43:45 PM »
Oh neat. The Covington kids are back and living rent free in their heads again.  I hope they sue the shit out of everyone LOL.

Also love how the Black Israelites get off scot-free, I wonder why.
israel gets away with everything  :-\

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #59119 on: February 04, 2019, 06:46:43 PM »
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #59120 on: February 04, 2019, 06:54:55 PM »
Explains a lot about Discord tbh

then he went to work for discord

Jansen

« Reply #59121 on: February 04, 2019, 07:15:06 PM »
It’s so odd to me that on as a progressive site as Resetera there are a good number people who are willing to defend shit like Goblin Slayer and Shield Hero. Why some people want to die on that hill is beyond me.
anime fans are anything but Progressive

They will overlook an eleven-year-olds camel toe and still wonder why their fandom is constantly shat on

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #59122 on: February 04, 2019, 07:17:55 PM »
This Shield hero argument on here proves to me that trying to take back anime from the alt-right is a lost cause. When these types of shows are consistently popular and even on here elicit a "Well ACTUALLY" type of response it feels like this war was already lost before it even begun.
You don't even need to look as far as Twitter, the first couple of posts in this thread defending shield hero already fall into the pattern described above "well actually they LIKE being his slaves (so it's ok)" "well actually she's a bad person too (so she deserved it)"
:usacry  :japancry

I haven't followed a lot of more recent anime, what's the deal with Shield Hero and why is it sparking so much outrage?
^_^

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #59124 on: February 04, 2019, 07:30:23 PM »
This Shield hero argument on here proves to me that trying to take back anime from the alt-right is a lost cause. When these types of shows are consistently popular and even on here elicit a "Well ACTUALLY" type of response it feels like this war was already lost before it even begun.
You don't even need to look as far as Twitter, the first couple of posts in this thread defending shield hero already fall into the pattern described above "well actually they LIKE being his slaves (so it's ok)" "well actually she's a bad person too (so she deserved it)"

I haven't followed a lot of more recent anime, what's the deal with Shield Hero and why is it sparking so much outrage?

Slavery is actually cool and slutty women are bad.
dog

iPaul

« Reply #59125 on: February 04, 2019, 07:34:26 PM »
The "Journalist"

(Image removed from quote.)

I guess his mod hat is off.
Who thought making a commie sympathizer a moderator would be a good idea?

Jansen

« Reply #59126 on: February 04, 2019, 07:37:08 PM »

Slavery is actually cool and slutty women are bad.

Plus that false rape accusation as a playful plot device

Boredfrom

« Reply #59127 on: February 04, 2019, 07:38:38 PM »
anime fans are anything but Progressive

They will overlook an eleven-year-olds camel toe and still wonder why their fandom is constantly shat on

:doge

Why do you want to watch an eleven year old cameltoe.

parallax

« Reply #59128 on: February 04, 2019, 07:39:33 PM »
people have a problem shield hero? did i miss something?

It's the worse than Hitler because the protagonist gets falsely accused of rape. A plot point like that is absolutely forbidden

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/anime/amp/2019/01/08/the-rising-of-the-shield-hero-anime-controversy-explained/

oh, its an outrage train thing. gotcha

Boredfrom

« Reply #59129 on: February 04, 2019, 07:41:36 PM »
I think the “slavery being good” and the hero being a edgelord  seem to be more annoying that the other two.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #59130 on: February 04, 2019, 07:55:24 PM »
I appreciate what you trying to do but in an effort to sound smart you are confusing most people coming in here. Remember that the majority of people on this site are pretty fucking dumb. You gotta keep it simple and short. An 80 page essay isn't necessary, just explain that the corn syrup added to beer is fermented and turned to alcohol so there isnt any actual corn syrup in the final product.

Reason User Banned (Duration Pending): Consistent history of hostility and antagonizing other members; numerous accumulated infractions

https://resetera.com//threads/bud-light-corn-syrup-ad-a-bunch-of-misinformation-and-fear-mongering.97553/post-17559526
sigh

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #59131 on: February 04, 2019, 07:58:33 PM »
I think the “slavery being good” and the hero being a edgelord  seem to be more annoying that the other two.

Could be, but you throw all that stuff together and baby you got a stew going.
dog

tummyfat

« Reply #59132 on: February 04, 2019, 08:00:00 PM »
Can someone PM me the marrec account password? I have a good Tom Brady post

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #59133 on: February 04, 2019, 08:00:55 PM »
I appreciate what you trying to do but in an effort to sound smart you are confusing most people coming in here. Remember that the majority of people on this site are pretty fucking dumb. You gotta keep it simple and short. An 80 page essay isn't necessary, just explain that the corn syrup added to beer is fermented and turned to alcohol so there isnt any actual corn syrup in the final product.

Reason User Banned (Duration Pending): Consistent history of hostility and antagonizing other members; numerous accumulated infractions

https://resetera.com//threads/bud-light-corn-syrup-ad-a-bunch-of-misinformation-and-fear-mongering.97553/post-17559526

Please stop. We're not dumb. The post is written at an appropriate level for the forum.

This is making me laugh too much.

tummyfat

« Reply #59135 on: February 04, 2019, 08:27:04 PM »
I thought "snitching" was looked down on in the wealthy upscale black suburban community

Snoopycat_

« Reply #59137 on: February 04, 2019, 09:00:16 PM »
Those damn turf accountants have struck again

clothedmacuser

« Reply #59138 on: February 04, 2019, 09:14:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/usa-powerlifting-bans-all-trans-women-from-competing-as-women-read-op.97448/post-17584024

:marimo

It's amazing the self-denial of that guy.  "What?!  I'm not angry,"  "I'm not passive-aggressive, I say what I mean,"  "I'm not a backseat moderator!"

Week after week with that shit.  How many times must you say, "I'm not a bad driver, it's everyone else," before a modicum of self awareness sets in?
sigh

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #59139 on: February 04, 2019, 09:32:02 PM »
Is the Game Industry starting to become like Something Awful? :doge First Randy, now a Hi-Rez employee. :doge :doge

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #59140 on: February 04, 2019, 09:32:35 PM »
The internet changed indeed. We let the boomers, corporations and normies on.

We should've trolled them away and hacked their brands ages ago. Making the internet more profitable, inclusive and diverse has lead us down a path that cannot be undone.

Everything was fine until we let in the feminazis and queers and they started telling everyone we had to wear dresses when we shitpost.

tummyfat

« Reply #59141 on: February 04, 2019, 09:41:25 PM »
lol the guy who correctly pointed out that enzom was backseat modding got a three day ban

Jansen

« Reply #59142 on: February 04, 2019, 09:47:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cutting-out-family-members.97733/#post-17585611

Quote from: Hobbes, post: 17585611, member: 18944
If they don't spark joy, throw em away.

Hobbes  :cat

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #59143 on: February 04, 2019, 09:53:23 PM »

Photo of Liam Neeson, c. 1978, Dublin IRL (colorized, animated)
Uncle

Jansen

« Reply #59144 on: February 04, 2019, 10:15:40 PM »
Lime
Banned for use of an alt account

Lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #59145 on: February 04, 2019, 10:21:49 PM »
Is the Game Industry starting to become like Something Awful? :doge First Randy, now a Hi-Rez employee. :doge :doge

Holy shit...

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #59146 on: February 04, 2019, 10:24:57 PM »
You are magically attributing a pause between those 2 statements.. "And my reaction was..... I asked.. did she know who it was?".. as somehow Liam Neesan admitting to and apologizing for racism.

Amazing.

I mean, you're free to interpret what he said however you want, but to my eyes he was telling a personal anecdote - warts and all - to show how he can understand how other people can get caught up in a cycle of hatred - for example the religious intolerance that the Troubles consisted of, or contemporary hate crimes - and that he moved past it and is ashamed that he was ever in that position.

Just seems... weird to me to need footnotes in that anecdote to explain the racist part is racist, and a special condemnation specifically for the racist part to distance himself from it, when literally the entire anecdote is about the shame he feels for that period of his life.

Even if he explicitly said it, most of era would be like "yeah ok sure whatever buddy, don't things don't just go away".

Definitely.

And then they'd go on to forget why they were upset at Liam Neeson in about 3 weeks, until a few days after his death they're reminded by an errant tweet.

So they'd go into a thread on his obituary and smugly remind everyone that Liam Neeson was a violent racist

marrec you prescient slut

this exact scenario has already played itself out once before

almost exactly one year ago

Liam Neeson has described the wave of sexual misconduct allegations that have swept the entertainment industry as “a bit of a witch-hunt” and appeared to dismiss breast groping as “childhood stuff” in an interview on Irish television.

Speaking on The Late Late Show on RTE, the Hollywood A-lister said “there’s some people, famous people, being suddenly accused of touching some girl’s knee, or something, and suddenly they’re being dropped from their program, or something”.

:social :holeup :whoo

HE WAS ALREADY UNPERSONED AT RESETERA ONE YEAR AGO

IS THERE ANYONE WE CAN COUNT ON TO HAVE RECALLED THIS TAKING PLACE

Quote from: Nepenthe
And fuck this growth shit. Black people aren't allowed to grow. We aren't even allowed the privilege of a situation assessment.

And now y'all want me to pat a white, rich-ass celebrity on the back for happenstance preventing him from adding another notch on the board.

I await all of you asking where the forgiveness was for the next police brutality thread, if you even bother to post in it. I've got a long memory.

I've got a long memory.

:mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #59147 on: February 04, 2019, 10:34:20 PM »
I’m pretty sure Nephente is pretty okay with not growing up.

Propagandhim

« Reply #59148 on: February 04, 2019, 10:34:22 PM »
Fuck this growth shit

agrajag

« Reply #59149 on: February 04, 2019, 10:36:46 PM »
yea, we Peter Panning in this bitch

clothedmacuser

« Reply #59150 on: February 04, 2019, 10:39:21 PM »
I kind of wonder if Nepenthe even has ban ability or do they just give her the title and turn that option off.  You know, like Slayven. 

Also  :lol at Slayven checking into the Liam Neesons thread to say "gorsh, this sounds almost racist!" 

Great read!   :itagaki
sigh

shosta

« Reply #59151 on: February 04, 2019, 10:41:46 PM »
You joke but literally all Slayven did for the three weeks I had access to the moderator logs is change the titles of threads.
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #59152 on: February 04, 2019, 10:49:45 PM »
He's the one who goes around changing titles?

That's hilarious because his posts are always gibberish.

shosta

« Reply #59153 on: February 04, 2019, 10:54:51 PM »
No, only for fixing typos for comic book threads or whatever.
每天生气

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #59154 on: February 04, 2019, 10:59:38 PM »
You joke but literally all Slayven did for the three weeks I had access to the moderator logs is change the titles of threads.

New thread started by DeepWater: Michael Cera: "Popeye's Chicken is too street for me"

Post title edited by Slayven (17:08): Michael Cera raceist remmark: "Popeye's Chicken is too street for me"

Post title edited by Slayven (17:09): Michael Cera's raciest remmark: "Popeye's Chicken is too street for me"

Post title edited by Slayven (17:12): Michael Cera's racest remerk: "Popeye's Chicken is too street for me"

Post title edited by Slayven (17:14): Michael Cera's racism: "Popeye's Chicken is too street for me"
Uncle

shosta

每天生气

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #59156 on: February 04, 2019, 11:09:13 PM »
where the fuck does he get off copping bronsonlee's style with the beardface wild look guy
Uncle

clothedmacuser

« Reply #59157 on: February 04, 2019, 11:10:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/white-woman-injects-melanin-to-become-black-believes-she-will-have-black-children.94781/post-17080399

:fbm

Good Lord.  The story from slayven is like the song Johnny B. Goode.  But instead of being a musical savant he became a forum mod who can't write no good. 

where the fuck does he get off copping bronsonlee's style with the beardface wild look guy

LOL, not an original thought in his head.

Godbless that comics teach politeness and basic manners.  Otherwise he would be carrying around flash cards to understand emotions.
sigh

agrajag

« Reply #59158 on: February 04, 2019, 11:11:47 PM »

that is the face de #résistance