Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5876239 times)

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #58980 on: February 04, 2019, 03:54:53 PM »
wtf 7 pages in 6 hours??? what the fuck happened!

ResetEra is sending their best men to find the bodies of the black people Liam Neeson lynched.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58981 on: February 04, 2019, 03:54:53 PM »
Dark revenge fantasies aren't a source of entertainment until Avengers: Endgame drops, 24 April 2019

paprikastaude

« Reply #58982 on: February 04, 2019, 03:55:55 PM »
why are there ten new pages  :busta
Liam Neeson killed all the trans women trying to have fun on ResetERA.com, so all the minorities left Ireland in droves, bazinga

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #58983 on: February 04, 2019, 03:57:25 PM »
oh yeah, they goin back and cleanin things up :lawd
User Banned (1 Week): Rationalizing racism
User banned (5 days): Hostile and inflammatory drive-by in a sensitive topic, community bashing
User Banned (1 Week): Excusing violent racism
User banned (5 days): inflammatory generalizations, drive-by in a sensitive topic
User Banned(2 Weeks): ignoring modpost, arguing in bad faith, dismissing concerns of racism
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissing violent racism
User Banned (1 Week): Excusing racism

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #58984 on: February 04, 2019, 03:58:30 PM »
That last one, how is that excusing racism?

jumping jackalopes

Boredfrom

« Reply #58985 on: February 04, 2019, 03:58:53 PM »
I don't choose to believe anything about Neeson, I really don't care nor do any of us have any clue if he's racist or not.

We also don't even know if Neeson thinks that story of his involves racism, because he didn't address it.... I suspect he does think it was racist,I suspect that he feels regret over that fact.

I do not know that because he didn't say as much, he only expressed regret directly for the concept of revenge and wanting to kill people.

Had he directly addressed the racism (if he actually believes it was racist), there might have been a different reaction to the story.

But I guess I'm just etiolating here.  Fuck you guys are fucking circle jerking morons.

For what it's worth, I agree. Neeson avoids directly addressing the racism in his reaction which is why a lot of black folks aren't exactly ready to forgive and forget.

To be sure, even if he had given a 2 hour lecture on what exactly he's done to address his racism there would still be people ready to "cancel" him.

But of course folks are gunna circle jerk here.

And you dont see anything wrong with that? Why he needs to do a 2 hour lecture for saying a introspective anecdote of something that happened decades ago that ended in him doing nothing. Is not about forgiveness but people in Reee claiming for his head for forgeting his PR and saying "Racism is wrong BTW".

People complain about famous people being shallow assholes but when a little openess cause such a fucking shitstorm...

benjipwns

« Reply #58986 on: February 04, 2019, 04:05:40 PM »
lol at the mods basically endorsing most of those posters by engaging with them for pages on end, then waiting until after they left to go back and take em out

:delicious

Boredfrom

« Reply #58987 on: February 04, 2019, 04:06:30 PM »
lol at the mods basically endorsing most of those posters by engaging with them for pages on end, then waiting until after they left to go back and take em out

The besada way.

marrec

« Reply #58988 on: February 04, 2019, 04:07:03 PM »
You are magically attributing a pause between those 2 statements.. "And my reaction was..... I asked.. did she know who it was?".. as somehow Liam Neesan admitting to and apologizing for racism.

Amazing.

I mean, you're free to interpret what he said however you want, but to my eyes he was telling a personal anecdote - warts and all - to show how he can understand how other people can get caught up in a cycle of hatred - for example the religious intolerance that the Troubles consisted of, or contemporary hate crimes - and that he moved past it and is ashamed that he was ever in that position.

Just seems... weird to me to need footnotes in that anecdote to explain the racist part is racist, and a special condemnation specifically for the racist part to distance himself from it, when literally the entire anecdote is about the shame he feels for that period of his life.

Even if he explicitly said it, most of era would be like "yeah ok sure whatever buddy, don't things don't just go away".

Definitely.

And then they'd go on to forget why they were upset at Liam Neeson in about 3 weeks, until a few days after his death they're reminded by an errant tweet.

So they'd go into a thread on his obituary and smugly remind everyone that Liam Neeson was a violent racist

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58989 on: February 04, 2019, 04:07:14 PM »
I can only imagine theres a big fucking argument in the staff forum / discord

e: also I can't help but believe there's some ban-envy going on that the liam neeson thread didn't get buzzsawed like the weightlifting trans ban thread was

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #58990 on: February 04, 2019, 04:08:44 PM »

Actually, it’s sus to me that Nepethene went back and banned them afterwards.

Nah, she woulda permed them. But yeah, that’s some bad faith modding right there. Retroactive honey pot, but I’d except nothing less from ERA.

Top Tip for ERA posters: NEVER post in contentious threads. Not even once. Neeson’s murder spree 40 years ago is coming back to haunt him, you don’t think Mods there will go back and retroactively action you?

Boredfrom

« Reply #58991 on: February 04, 2019, 04:10:53 PM »

e: also I can't help but believe there's some ban-envy going on that the liam neeson thread didn't get buzzsawed like the weightlifting trans ban thread was

It will end with making Enzom a mod, if Nephente becoming one after the "punch racist old ladies and laugh" thread says anything.

benjipwns

« Reply #58992 on: February 04, 2019, 04:10:56 PM »
errybody dying:
User Banned (1 Week): Promoting harmful racist stereotypes

Trojita

« Reply #58993 on: February 04, 2019, 04:11:11 PM »
Today's Mob Psycho episode was literally about how people can change and be different than they were in the past.

benjipwns

« Reply #58994 on: February 04, 2019, 04:11:33 PM »
i hope they take a buzzsaw to the fucking FUN thread after it drops off after they lock it that would be the peak

« Reply #58995 on: February 04, 2019, 04:11:51 PM »
Top Tip for ERA posters: NEVER post. Not even once.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #58996 on: February 04, 2019, 04:12:24 PM »

It will end with making Enzom a mod, if Nephente becoming one after the "punch racist old ladies and laugh" thread says anything.

I’d demand a ban at that point.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58997 on: February 04, 2019, 04:12:50 PM »
Speaking of posters with the sword of damocles hanging over them and mods itching to lay down some great vengeance and furious anger for past transgressions

https://www.resetera.com/threads/racist-covington-kids-to-sue-everyone-who-thinks-theyre-racists.97679/post-17576554
Basically, the narrative started that the racists kids were mocking a Native American.

New video surfaced that revealed that the racist kids were in a bigoted shouting match with some black Israeli group when the Native American came up to try and defuse the situation. THEN The racist kids started mocking a Native American.

So, because the Native American walked up to them, they and their supporters think their racism is fine.
This is the most disingenuous and factually incorrect summary of the situation I've read yet, congrats.

Nuitangg

« Reply #58998 on: February 04, 2019, 04:16:10 PM »
Doesn't Slayven have an Asian fetish?  :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58999 on: February 04, 2019, 04:21:32 PM »
subpar spatula morrigan and excelsheetthief trying to outdo each other in proving how fun, chill and wacky they can be

parallax

« Reply #59000 on: February 04, 2019, 04:22:55 PM »
people have a problem shield hero? did i miss something?

benjipwns

« Reply #59001 on: February 04, 2019, 04:23:35 PM »
it's an incel manifesto

BisMarckie

« Reply #59002 on: February 04, 2019, 04:26:10 PM »

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #59003 on: February 04, 2019, 04:29:09 PM »
What if Crackdown 3 will be released on Nintendo Switch too with crossplatform? Maybe they downgraded the physics complexity for that. I would totally buy it on Switch with the crossbuy advantage like every other game they could port.

Port-begging from Nintards reaching new levels.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59004 on: February 04, 2019, 04:33:16 PM »

What I want to know is how all these folks know from personal experience that trying to lynch folks after trauma is an easily-forgivable reaction.
He has shown no realization of the virulent racism one must possess to only be stopped from lynching a black man simply because one wasn't found in a reasonable time frame
Nothing he's done suggests he's done anything to confront and remove the amount of racism you have to be indoctrinated by to try and lynch a black man.

is this like candyman or beetlejuice where you say it 3 times and it magically comes true?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #59005 on: February 04, 2019, 04:33:23 PM »
people have a problem shield hero? did i miss something?

It's the worse than Hitler because the protagonist gets falsely accused of rape. A plot point like that is absolutely forbidden

FStop7

« Reply #59006 on: February 04, 2019, 04:33:38 PM »
The meltdowns over Apex Legends are today’s reminder about how wildly out of touch Re is with video games.

agrajag

« Reply #59007 on: February 04, 2019, 04:34:03 PM »
lol at pedantious getting triggered itt

benjipwns

« Reply #59008 on: February 04, 2019, 04:38:30 PM »
marrec's defense of racism getting BTFO: https://www.resetera.com/threads/racist-covington-kids-to-sue-everyone-who-thinks-theyre-racists.97679/post-17577263
Now this is disingenuous. The lengths people go to downplay racism.
That's a lot of words excusing white kids sporting MAGA hats throwing tomahawks at native Americans. This is some truly shameful shit. No one cares who approached who because it doesn't erase the racism.

But keep peddling this both sides shit for privileged, racist white kids who are rich enough to hire PR firms to spin for them while you and the media gobble it up.
We're now at the point of the thread where treating native Americans like a sports mascot is dancing and singing
All these "probablies" and "maybes". I can't hold them
Then maybe you shouldn't be disingenuous with your framing, arguing that the confrontation was "mostly nothing". Bullshit.

Did your additional context also link the videos where these kids were shouting rape jokes and catcalling women walking by? Or the kid who told the native Americans their land was supposed to be stolen because that's just now it goes?

But.. yeah, must be mostly nothing I guess
Because you posted half assed context, which I just brought to your attention. Read my post again. You left out damning parts of the video.
There were multiple videos from multiple cameras, taken at various times throughout the day. What is your point?

Yet here you are choosing and selecting a context that leaves out racist and sexist behavior.

Are you ignorant to the full context or just posting in bad faith?
Haha I can't even with these fucking people.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59009 on: February 04, 2019, 04:43:27 PM »

« Reply #59010 on: February 04, 2019, 04:43:53 PM »
everyone is online and 24 guests lol o7

hey era mods dont you have people to ban for wrongthink?

benjipwns

« Reply #59011 on: February 04, 2019, 04:46:29 PM »
Ah, you're a racist apologizer. That puts the nuanced context on your earlier response to me.
Oh, ok, so you are posting in bad faith. As if the context of these kids catcalling, making sexist jokes and racist commentary about justifying native Americans' stolen land is irrelevant to what transpired. Since their entire defense relies on spinning the narrative into "we were just innocent choirboys doing silent prayers until the mean minority inserted himself into the situation". Give me a fucking break.

Or is this all just under your category of "mostly nothing"?
It's so fucking infuriating isn't it? It's like these fucks don't uderstand why it hit a cord. I'm so tired of this bulllshit. Especially whatever the fuck that is about how this is now a partison tool. Fuck you.
BOOM

BisMarckie

« Reply #59012 on: February 04, 2019, 04:46:56 PM »
Marrec getting dogpiled :phil :noah

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #59013 on: February 04, 2019, 04:47:39 PM »
His new movie is now a comedy apparently:

"Hey Liam, I need you to do an interview about your snow plow comedy. All you have to do is just sit through the interview and not say anything psycho, can you do that? Just make jokes about how much you hate cold weather, definitely don't say anything about the time you walked around with racism spurred murderous intent, okay?"

imdb:

A snowplow driver seeks revenge against the drug dealers he thinks killed his son. Based on the 2014 Norwegian film 'In Order of Disappearance'.

:thinking

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #59014 on: February 04, 2019, 04:49:35 PM »
i've reported that marrec post for inappropriate history of a history in a sensitive topic THREE TIMES NOW. Nicole, Slayven, wake up!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Boredfrom

« Reply #59015 on: February 04, 2019, 04:49:53 PM »
Speaking of posters with the sword of damocles hanging over them and mods itching to lay down some great vengeance and furious anger for past transgressions

https://www.resetera.com/threads/racist-covington-kids-to-sue-everyone-who-thinks-theyre-racists.97679/post-17576554
Basically, the narrative started that the racists kids were mocking a Native American.

New video surfaced that revealed that the racist kids were in a bigoted shouting match with some black Israeli group when the Native American came up to try and defuse the situation. THEN The racist kids started mocking a Native American.

So, because the Native American walked up to them, they and their supporters think their racism is fine.
This is the most disingenuous and factually incorrect summary of the situation I've read yet, congrats.

Why even get angry about that summary, the kids still come as racist assholes but with the context of them getting triggered by other assholes.

Jansen

« Reply #59016 on: February 04, 2019, 04:50:34 PM »
Mediking got warned for that thread post lock too lol.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/yesterday-was-the-first-time-in-my-life-when-i-kissed-a-woman-that-wasn%E2%80%99t-my-mother.97668/#post-17571847

User Warned: Inappropriate content

He kissed a woman and touched her boobies  :nsfw :nsfw :nsfw :nsfw :exxy :exxy :exxy :exxy :nsfw :nsfw :nsfw :nsfw

Rat face is just jealous that's why she had to lock the thread

Averon

« Reply #59017 on: February 04, 2019, 04:52:31 PM »
Racist apologizer marrec getting btfo.

You ain't slick enough for ERA, marrec.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59018 on: February 04, 2019, 04:54:14 PM »
If you haven't already packed your bags for an extended vacation at Camp Bore, you might want to just bow out of that thread marrec.
You can almost smell the blood in the water.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #59019 on: February 04, 2019, 04:54:47 PM »
Oh neat. The Covington kids are back and living rent free in their heads again.  I hope they sue the shit out of everyone LOL.

Also love how the Black Israelites get off scot-free, I wonder why.

BisMarckie

« Reply #59020 on: February 04, 2019, 04:55:00 PM »
Racist apologizer marrec getting btfo

It's not like we didn't warn them about him. :wag
It's like people being surprised about Hitler after Mein Kampf was out for years.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #59022 on: February 04, 2019, 04:55:53 PM »
Why even give them attention?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59023 on: February 04, 2019, 04:57:34 PM »
This movie was horrible

:hhh

If you can't find the value in the Dead Zone as a standalone, watch it randomly inserted somewhere in a rewatch of the West Wing

shosta

« Reply #59024 on: February 04, 2019, 04:59:18 PM »
The West Wing is also terrible, what's wrong with you?
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #59025 on: February 04, 2019, 05:00:33 PM »
Hating on indigenous people. :wag marrec

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59026 on: February 04, 2019, 05:00:44 PM »
 :snob

the west wing is peak Sorkin

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #59027 on: February 04, 2019, 05:02:23 PM »
Oooh, looky that. Lime/Vela finally got got for their alt account

https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-anyone-explain-whats-happening-in-venezuela-dictator-maduro-hated-by-majority-but-trump-admin-vp-pence-and-bolsonaro-backing-opposition.95295/post-17217821

https://www.resetera.com/threads/worlds-richest-1-get-82-of-the-wealth-says-oxfam.18023/post-3654712

Amazing.

Anyway, as a country don't we literally have black celebrities who talk about being drug dealers and actual, non-thought crimes from their youth?  Look how respected JayZ is as a businessman.  We are a redemptive nation even when actual violence is committed.
sigh

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #59028 on: February 04, 2019, 05:04:54 PM »
Marrec, buddy, abandon ship.

shosta

« Reply #59029 on: February 04, 2019, 05:06:13 PM »
We're all cheering for you, Marrec! The entire Bore stands behind your account and your posts!  :supergay
每天生气

stufte

« Reply #59030 on: February 04, 2019, 05:06:34 PM »
:dead

marrec

« Reply #59031 on: February 04, 2019, 05:06:43 PM »
Y'all motherfuckers are doing your best to make sure I get banned I see you

Mods who are currently reading The Bore, I am not trolling or being disingenuous

stufte

« Reply #59032 on: February 04, 2019, 05:08:00 PM »

Mods who are currently reading The Bore, I am not trolling or being disingenuous

Just like we practiced, excellent. Excellent.

You'll be a ranking member of our hate site in no time.  :-*

shosta

« Reply #59033 on: February 04, 2019, 05:08:39 PM »

No, we totally believe you! You're being 100% sincere, and we support you!  :supergay Like, this post right here:

Quote from: marrec
That's... exactly what happened though? I'm not downplaying anything. There were racists mocking him there were also kids dumbfounded by the situation. If you watch the video that's clear.
Some of those MAGA kids were good people! There are good people on both sides! :)
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #59034 on: February 04, 2019, 05:08:43 PM »
Haha Marrec, you should post something like:
"The ones who didn't actively participate in the racist mocking? Again, there is video."

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #59035 on: February 04, 2019, 05:09:59 PM »

Marrec is going full Neeson.

BisMarckie

« Reply #59036 on: February 04, 2019, 05:10:42 PM »
Or you should try to downplay this whole thing by posting something like:

"I mean, we mock people in other situations all the time. It's human nature. Like, people are all over the 21 Savage thread mocking him for getting picked up by ICE, I think that's inappropriate as well but clearly others don't."

shosta

« Reply #59037 on: February 04, 2019, 05:11:48 PM »
Quote from: Marrec, who is totally not a concern troll
You keep saying incorrect things like I'm defending them or I'm stanning for them, I've none nothing of the sort.
Quote from: Also Marrec, who is still totally not concern trolling
it was clear they didn't confront Nathan Philips as initially presented

每天生气

stufte

« Reply #59038 on: February 04, 2019, 05:12:27 PM »
RUN AINTSLICK.EXE

« Reply #59039 on: February 04, 2019, 05:13:11 PM »
marrec rn triggering reeeetards