Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5879243 times)

Occam

Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #59400 on: February 05, 2019, 04:23:47 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
He's right, you know.

To be precise, as I have said thrice before, the right way to deal with the issue is to stop using the term race in any official or unofficial capacity because it has no scientific merit. There are no races.
And if there are no races, being racist makes no sense. The end.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 05:03:50 PM by Occam »

agrajag

« Reply #59401 on: February 05, 2019, 04:24:41 PM »
that man's name?

Morgan Freeman

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59402 on: February 05, 2019, 04:25:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/christoph-waltz-loving-doing-press-junket-interviews.97888/post-17610443

Ehh I mean this isn’t like Jessie Eisenberg levels bad

Is Jesse Eisenberg still the benchmark for "uhhhh holy shit" moments in press junkets?
Seems like recent events might have set a new standard...

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #59403 on: February 05, 2019, 04:25:18 PM »
I mean, is not true?

It also goes without saying and just keeps deflecting from the point.   Obviously it's not equal to actually going through with it, but his actions greatly increased the chance that he'd commit murder.   "Well he didn't commit a murder" isn't an argument against the fact his actions were incredibly concerning.

Anyways I think it's a good story and a super interesting moment of reflection personally;  and while for his personal sake he probably shouldn't have shared it's still interesting.

What would you say was the percent chance of committing murder, like, let's say Liam Neeson is at a baseline 1% chance to commit murder every day, but carrying around a beating stick gives him a sense of general empowerment which raises that chance to 3%

Now let's say if he was unarmed yet actively looking to commit murder on a particular day, the chance raises from 1% to 5%

However carrying a weapon might not increase the chance of murder by the same ratio, we might not be looking at 15% per se, and you also have to factor in the chance that the murder attempt might be unsuccessful and simply amount to assault, so we might be looking at numbers closer to 10%, let's say

Then you have to perform the math on the overall number of days he went around with that 10% chance in order to build a more complete picture of the sort of threat we're looking at here

At 1% chance per day for a week, there's about a 6.7% chance of murder every week he's not carrying a weapon with intent to kill

However at 10% chance per day for a week, it's closer to a 52.2% chance of murder every week he's carrying with death in his eyes, an astonishing increase of 45.5%

So I think that honestly reframes the conversation a bit
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59404 on: February 05, 2019, 04:25:50 PM »
that man's name?

Morgan Freeman

I loved him in Pulp Fiction

Boredfrom

« Reply #59405 on: February 05, 2019, 04:25:53 PM »
Morgan Freeman is persona non grata in Reee, though.

Oh, he is? What did he do?
I can't keep up with the unperson list any more

I thought it came out most of that shit was fabricated tho right? I can't keep up... :(

Dunno, I just remember he was kind of an asshole about it and some stuff seemed legit. I remember Silverster Stallone being the one with blatanty fabricated accusations.

agrajag

« Reply #59406 on: February 05, 2019, 04:29:00 PM »
that's some Scott Steiner level maths there, mate

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #59407 on: February 05, 2019, 04:30:16 PM »
that man's name?

Morgan Freeman

I loved him in Pulp Fiction

The film Pulp Fiction was made as an excuse for director Quentin Tarantulino to cameo in it for the sole purpose of getting away with saying nicca in front of everyone, as a white man

I think he's also into feet
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59408 on: February 05, 2019, 04:30:25 PM »
Two plus two is four.
minus one that's three.
quick maths.

:nothot

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #59409 on: February 05, 2019, 04:30:43 PM »
How many black people lived in Ireland during the 70s, other than the guy from Thin Lizzy?
There were hundreds of thousands but like ResetERA.com, Liam Neeson either murdered them or drove them off in fear.

benjipwns

« Reply #59410 on: February 05, 2019, 04:30:59 PM »
How many black people lived in Ireland during the 70s, other than the guy from Thin Lizzy?
There were hundreds of thousands but like ResetERA.com, Liam Neeson either murdered them or drove them off in fear.
I once saw a movie with Liam Neeson in it. Stay safe.

benjipwns

« Reply #59411 on: February 05, 2019, 04:32:35 PM »
Based on what I read on ResetERA.com, the only reason Liam Neeson didn't succeed is that he was trying to lynch a black person. He didn't know this was a mob activity and so constantly failed at doing it by himself. I don't see why we should be rewarding someone for failing. That's lieberal social studies warrior behavior.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #59412 on: February 05, 2019, 04:34:25 PM »
He's actually Japanese. His last name is Nii-san cause he's someone's brother.

BisMarckie

« Reply #59413 on: February 05, 2019, 04:34:39 PM »
Attempted murder. Now honestly what is that? Can you win a Nobel Prize for attempted chemistry?

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #59414 on: February 05, 2019, 04:35:44 PM »
If we need a new Irishman to be mad at it should known that Conan said "jungle fever," last night on Colbert.

9 minute mark

sigh

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #59415 on: February 05, 2019, 04:37:11 PM »
If we need a new Irishman to be mad at it should known that Conan said "jungle fever," last night on Colbert.

9 minute mark

I was surprised he said that, but he's inbred so he doesn't know any better.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #59416 on: February 05, 2019, 04:39:27 PM »
Did that interviewer deliberately pick the "He's right you know" image for that interview?

Some dude on imgur did that. The real interview was on video

Some dude on imgur interviewed morgan freeman?!

Ya know, I actually can't disprove that

clothedmacuser

« Reply #59417 on: February 05, 2019, 04:52:55 PM »
You know, if all it took was power walking for Neesons to calm his murderous hatred of black people I don't think he was that into it.
sigh

Shuri

« Reply #59418 on: February 05, 2019, 04:58:43 PM »
A thread up all day about white house spokeperson threatening to abort women with a gun barely reaches 80 replies. Most of them being reaction shots to a muppet pic.

Resetera posters simply don’t and won’t actually give a fuck about women unless it’s gaming related.

Shameful.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #59419 on: February 05, 2019, 05:00:09 PM »
You know, if all it took was power walking for Neesons to calm his murderous hatred of black people I don't think he was that into it.

Or power walking is just that beneficial
Uncle

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #59420 on: February 05, 2019, 05:00:54 PM »
A thread up all day about white house spokeperson threatening to abort women with a gun barely reaches 80 replies. Most of them being reaction shots to a muppet pic.

Resetera posters simply don’t and won’t actually give a fuck about women unless it’s gaming related.

Shameful.

:O

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #59421 on: February 05, 2019, 05:01:00 PM »
Shameful.
almost as shameful as bore posters talking for like 50 pages about liam neeson and not making his magnum dong the focus of the conversation :beli

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #59422 on: February 05, 2019, 05:01:32 PM »
Wait that Liam Neeson s*** happened 40 fucking years ago? Any reason to believe that he's still gigantic piece of shit?

he's a cis white male

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #59423 on: February 05, 2019, 05:03:04 PM »
Shameful.
almost as shameful as bore posters talking for like 50 pages about liam neeson and not making his magnum dong the focus of the conversation :beli

It should be our mission to determine who has the biggest dick. Liam Neeson, Jon Hamm or Pete Davidson

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #59424 on: February 05, 2019, 05:07:12 PM »

:dsp
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #59425 on: February 05, 2019, 05:08:46 PM »
what if Liam Neeson was hunting down and killing black men so he could once and for all lay claim to having the largest dong in Northern Ireland?

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #59426 on: February 05, 2019, 05:10:12 PM »
what if Liam Neeson was hunting down and killing black men so he could once and for all lay claim to having the largest dong in Northern Ireland?

Agrocrag in here asking the REAL questions.

Bore Expert

« Reply #59427 on: February 05, 2019, 05:14:07 PM »
I walked into Liam Neeson’s house on Bourbon Street tonight and thought of you fellas. A table full of dead people, every shade from cafe au lait to deep mocha. All murdered, wearing scraps. I could feel your thirst all the way from here. Then I ate jambalaya and gumbo.

:delicious

BisMarckie

« Reply #59428 on: February 05, 2019, 05:15:05 PM »
Still the greatest post in GAF history, I can't not like any variation of it.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59429 on: February 05, 2019, 05:21:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-conservative-and-or-regressive-is-your-country-place.97902/post-17612185

Abortion 200% legal

:confused

for every woman who wants an abortion they force someone else who doesn't to have one?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #59430 on: February 05, 2019, 05:21:32 PM »
"i had a better idea.. i kick your wife in the back of the legs and fuck her bareback doggy style, just as i am about to nut i whip out nintendoggy 2 and using the dsi i record me covering her mouth and busting up her nostrils as she fingers my taint. bitch."

mastapiece

BisMarckie

« Reply #59431 on: February 05, 2019, 05:22:22 PM »
1. Besada on Bourbon Street
2.Calm and resolved from over 1000 fights
3. Handshake Gate

« Reply #59432 on: February 05, 2019, 05:26:42 PM »
that man's name?

Morgan Freeman

RIP Morgan, you were one miserable Uncle Tom SOB and a rapey fuck. But I’ll miss you.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

jorma

« Reply #59433 on: February 05, 2019, 05:28:03 PM »
I mean, is not true?

It also goes without saying and just keeps deflecting from the point.   Obviously it's not equal to actually going through with it, but his actions greatly increased the chance that he'd commit murder.   "Well he didn't commit a murder" isn't an argument against the fact his actions were incredibly concerning.

Anyways I think it's a good story and a super interesting moment of reflection personally;  and while for his personal sake he probably shouldn't have shared it's still interesting.

What would you say was the percent chance of committing murder, like, let's say Liam Neeson is at a baseline 1% chance to commit murder every day, but carrying around a beating stick gives him a sense of general empowerment which raises that chance to 3%

Now let's say if he was unarmed yet actively looking to commit murder on a particular day, the chance raises from 1% to 5%

However carrying a weapon might not increase the chance of murder by the same ratio, we might not be looking at 15% per se, and you also have to factor in the chance that the murder attempt might be unsuccessful and simply amount to assault, so we might be looking at numbers closer to 10%, let's say

Then you have to perform the math on the overall number of days he went around with that 10% chance in order to build a more complete picture of the sort of threat we're looking at here

At 1% chance per day for a week, there's about a 6.7% chance of murder every week he's not carrying a weapon with intent to kill

However at 10% chance per day for a week, it's closer to a 52.2% chance of murder every week he's carrying with death in his eyes, an astonishing increase of 45.5%

So I think that honestly reframes the conversation a bit

52% chance of him murdering a black man every week, 52 weeks in a year times 40 years. That's like a thousand black men murdered, and you guys want to forgive him? white people, i swear

He probably came clean about this just to celebrate kill number 1000.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #59434 on: February 05, 2019, 05:32:29 PM »

So you're hypothesizing a St Patrick driving all the snakes out of Ireland kind of scenario?
serge

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #59435 on: February 05, 2019, 05:45:26 PM »
He's right, you know.

To be precise, as I have said thrice before, the right way to deal with the issue is to stop using the term race in any official or unofficial capacity because it has no scientific merit. There are no races.
Removing the word removes the concept, too? :thinking

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #59436 on: February 05, 2019, 06:09:56 PM »

Agrocrag in here asking the REAL questions.

It's been asked already.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #59437 on: February 05, 2019, 06:15:31 PM »
 :snob

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #59438 on: February 05, 2019, 06:16:26 PM »
"i had a better idea.. i kick your wife in the back of the legs and fuck her bareback doggy style, just as i am about to nut i whip out nintendoggy 2 and using the dsi i record me covering her mouth and busting up her nostrils as she fingers my taint. bitch."

mastapiece

He had a few sensational posts

zepblackstar

« Reply #59439 on: February 05, 2019, 06:35:31 PM »
 :yuck :yuck :yuck

Discord being populated by furries  in charge making policy explains so much..

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59440 on: February 05, 2019, 06:54:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/liam-neeson-good-morning-america-interview.97829/post-17608162
It's incredible how closely tied Trayvonn, Jussie Smollet, and this Liam incident are tied.

Trayvonn stalked and killed by a lunatic and somehow it was his fault.

Jussie's story is somehow in unbelievable, doesn't make sense.... Questioned and doubted.

Liam admits to wanting hunt black men in a racist rage and that's a beautiful moment of growth that he's reminiscing on.

Its incredible how none of those are fucking anything like each other

clothedmacuser

« Reply #59441 on: February 05, 2019, 06:58:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/liam-neeson-good-morning-america-interview.97829/post-17608162
It's incredible how closely tied Trayvonn, Jussie Smollet, and this Liam incident are tied.

Trayvonn stalked and killed by a lunatic and somehow it was his fault.

Jussie's story is somehow in unbelievable, doesn't make sense.... Questioned and doubted.

Liam admits to wanting hunt black men in a racist rage and that's a beautiful moment of growth that he's reminiscing on.

Its incredible how none of those are fucking anything like each other

I assumed that was a Slayven post.   It's Digital OP.  Even though it's dumb, it at least isn't base level, Family Guy, goldfish level of thinking. 

Slayven's thought in yesterday's post was "boy, this sounds racist because he cared about the race of the attacker and not the victim."
sigh

Occam

« Reply #59442 on: February 05, 2019, 06:59:01 PM »
He's right, you know.

Removing the word removes the concept, too? :thinking
The term and the concept are the same.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #59443 on: February 05, 2019, 07:02:47 PM »
reminiscing

1) Find a dictionary

2) Go fuck yourself.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #59444 on: February 05, 2019, 07:04:22 PM »
I also like the narrative that neeson 40 years ago was like the punisher or something. As if there was no chance he would have gotten curbstomped.

these are people who think wakanda is real, that comic books are historical documents and that there is no difference between fiction and reality. to ERA, Taken was a documentary.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #59445 on: February 05, 2019, 07:09:43 PM »
Actually while I was doxxing Liam Neeson earlier apparently he won some youth ireland championships.

I was at school, I was doing my O-levels, I was getting more heavily involved in amateur drama and there just wasn’t the time. By that stage, 16 or 17 years of age, I was a big, tall guy; I was always a hard trainer but at that age and at that weight — I was, I guess, a middle weight, 11 stone or something — I certainly felt that I needed to be training five or six nights a week and I just couldn’t put that time in. And I thought, ‘If I can’t put the time in, that’s when you get hurt.’ So I bowed out gracefully. By that stage I knew I was a competent boxer. I wasn’t great. I was competent. I won a few titles. I had a good left jab.

:punch

I wonder how many people he killed in the ring before he retired.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #59446 on: February 05, 2019, 07:11:52 PM »
How comfortable are you guys with the idea of armed people walking around near you having revenge fantasy's hoping you'll start shit with them?

I mind my own business and don't fuck with random people on the street... so I'm very comfortable with that.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59447 on: February 05, 2019, 07:13:55 PM »
Another day, another scumbag white guy getting interviews and calls for forgiveness.

Why don't I get interviews? Why don't I get calls for forgiveness? I have social anxiety

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59448 on: February 05, 2019, 07:15:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/liam-neeson-good-morning-america-interview.97829/post-17609137
I'm white, I don't have PoC friends and I perfectly understand why. We are disgusting, still to this day and stories like that prove it.

Maybe if you did you wouldn't believe they're magically infallible super humans from wakanda, and are just regular people like anyone else and can be as shitty as anyone else

:idont

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #59449 on: February 05, 2019, 07:18:41 PM »
I don't know why some people just can't admit that the reason they're forgiving is because they also have thoughts about killing random black people.

jesus fuck

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #59450 on: February 05, 2019, 07:29:47 PM »
Why don't I get interviews? Why don't I get calls for forgiveness? I have social anxiety

|/

Uncle

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #59451 on: February 05, 2019, 07:30:53 PM »
I have the color sensing abilities of a woman;  I get perfect scores on any color grading accuracy testing.

Same. I really want to buy a paper version of one of those tests, because a monitor can only show so many shades subtleties.

Sadly all the know cases of Tetrachromacy have occured in women, so no matter how good we are, we'll never be perfect

BikeJesus

« Reply #59452 on: February 05, 2019, 08:16:18 PM »

Occam

« Reply #59453 on: February 05, 2019, 08:24:40 PM »
I have the color sensing abilities of a woman;  I get perfect scores on any color grading accuracy testing.

Same. I really want to buy a paper version of one of those tests, because a monitor can only show so many shades subtleties.

Sadly all the know cases of Tetrachromacy have occured in women, so no matter how good we are, we'll never be perfect

Interesting, I have perfect color vision as well, did a test a few years ago. I wonder how common this is.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #59454 on: February 05, 2019, 08:41:14 PM »
:O

Boredfrom

« Reply #59455 on: February 05, 2019, 08:45:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/battlefield-v-did-not-meet-sales-expectations-despite-selling-7-3-million-copies.97931/

Quote from: IndustryInsiderHobbes
I just think what's interesting is that people expected this game to really undersell and maybe it's just me but 7.3 million is a fuck load of people.

Quote from: RandomDude
For context, that's about half of what Battlefield 1 sold in a simalar timeframe (15m, JPM estimate).

https://venturebeat.com/2017/01/23/morgan-stanley-raises-battlefield-1-sales-estimate-to-15-million/

:lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #59456 on: February 05, 2019, 08:48:03 PM »
HOLY FUCK HOBBES

This is like saying 30 million switch sales is pretty fucking bad compared to the wii.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/battlefield-v-did-not-meet-sales-expectations-despite-selling-7-3-million-copies.97931/post-17615095

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #59457 on: February 05, 2019, 08:51:14 PM »
I think I understand why he didn't even get a paycheck from that mp1st site

benjipwns

« Reply #59459 on: February 05, 2019, 08:53:28 PM »
Can't wait for the era thread.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/washington-post-elizabeth-warren-listed-her-race-as-%E2%80%9Camerican-indian%E2%80%9D-on-a-1986-form-for-the-texas-bar.97968/
woah two years before i was born woaaaaah

stay safe
Please regulate all discussion to the Democratic Primary thread, thank you.

Closed for replies.