Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5891121 times)

Jansen

Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #59640 on: February 06, 2019, 01:01:29 PM »
"You look nice today"

:trigger "Harrassment!"

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59641 on: February 06, 2019, 01:03:35 PM »
For a site that really loves to condemn incels as the worst form of scum to be taking their cues for human interaction from obvious PUA bullshit is bizarre.

Women are generally more tactile than men, and there is a huge fucking difference between a woman stroking your arm saying what a wonderful time she has has at the end of a date that has gone well, and your feeeemale supervisor touching you on the shoulder to get your attention and to discuss a work matter by paying you a compliment, suggesting a way in which you can improve what you have been doing, and then telling you to keep up the good work.

This and the "I ignored someone, fucked up, then they called me an ass, how do I sue???" thread are a real combo double punch

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #59642 on: February 06, 2019, 01:06:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/escapist-how-do-we-finally-talk-about-ethics.97970/

Hard pass my guy

what a fucking transparent way to start an article

this is from a publication that directly catered to gamergate. they can fuck of forever.

Isn't this the dude trying to take politics out of their site? Fuck off with that.

:gamergate

Quote from: NarohDethan"
Put simply: someone involved with GamerGate may have cared about ethics, but the movement was about hurting people.
(Image removed from quote.)

GG was about harassing women from day 1. No one gave shit about 'ethics' or 'journalism'. It originated by the allegations of a salty ex boyfriend, ffs.

Quote from: Icy
Put simply: someone involved with GamerGate may have cared about ethics, but the movement was about hurting people.
This and then all these words to end up with a bunch of absolute nothing.

They're getting all fucked up over the fact that the author didn't word a sentence a little differently

Like I don't know why you have to protest that specific statement which is completely true, someone may have and probably did care about ethics, the point of the statement was that this didn't matter and to condemn the movement completely regardless

They're not making a sneaky sneaky argument that parts of gamergate were good

:mindblown
Uncle

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #59643 on: February 06, 2019, 01:11:41 PM »

agrajag

« Reply #59644 on: February 06, 2019, 01:15:22 PM »
the slowpokes on The Bire haven't even reacted to it yet  ::)

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #59645 on: February 06, 2019, 01:16:32 PM »
These incessant purity tests are why us Dems are going to fucking lose and lose hard in the next election.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #59646 on: February 06, 2019, 01:17:23 PM »
is that jason ultimatums new account, or is it johnny cage in the shower?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59647 on: February 06, 2019, 01:18:34 PM »
They're getting all fucked up over the fact that the author didn't word a sentence a little differently

Like I don't know why you have to protest that specific statement which is completely true, someone may have and probably did care about ethics, the point of the statement was that this didn't matter and to condemn the movement completely regardless

They're not making a sneaky sneaky argument that parts of gamergate were good

Era has a real problem with defining what they actually stand for solely in terms of opposition to things or people they dislike.

Because 'games journalism' pretty clearly has some 'ethics' problems that people are unhappy about, but combine those two specific phrasings and your point is automatically ignored because youre now downplaying the actions of a hate group (or whatever Word Salad Du Jour is on the menu)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #59648 on: February 06, 2019, 01:20:39 PM »
Oh yeah they were as out for blood as anyone when that IGN guy stole others' reviews wholesale

But they never mentioned the dreaded word "ethics" because that would've emitted a sound too high pitched to hear for all but canines
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59650 on: February 06, 2019, 01:26:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/older-women-giving-young-men-unsolicited-compliments-see-staff-post.98006/post-17636163
I've never had this problem but on several occasions I've experienced women make weird comments about my toddler son while out with him.

"Can you be my boyfriend?"
"I'll wait and come back for you in 18 years"
"I want to take you home and make you my BF"
"Hey sexy!"

smh era downplaying thirsty paedo milfs, because compliments are basically sexual abuse when you  :thinking about it

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59651 on: February 06, 2019, 01:27:57 PM »
This wouldn't happen if more people were raised by being left in a cardboard box in front of a games console like Jim Profit

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #59652 on: February 06, 2019, 01:30:11 PM »
is there a REE thread yet?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/virginia-attorney-general-mark-herring-second-in-line-to-be-governor-says-he-wore-blackface-at-college-party-to-look-like-a-rapper.98064/post-17638543

yeah, and it only took until page 2 for a liam neeson comparison

Neeson isn't satisfied with sardonically murdering people in ireland, he's moved to suffocating political careers that involve blackface.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #59653 on: February 06, 2019, 01:31:31 PM »
Boston still the most racist though right?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59654 on: February 06, 2019, 01:36:14 PM »
Neeson isn't satisfied with sardonically murdering people in ireland, he's moved to suffocating political careers that involve blackface.

he has a VERY particular set of skills

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #59655 on: February 06, 2019, 01:38:16 PM »
Quote from: Slayven
And black face only gets "I didn't know any better" if it is 1923.

:confused

Not quite. There’s this denial that it wasn’t - quite shamefully - seen as acceptable in a certain context until very recently indeed in mainstream, even liberal circles.

Remember how SNL thought to portray Barack Obama from 2008-12?

YIKES!

Leadbelly

« Reply #59656 on: February 06, 2019, 01:46:44 PM »
Going back to the well that keeps on giving...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/liam-neeson-good-morning-america-interview.97829/post-17631875
It is like a bunch of people watched a dude beat his wife then ran up to him made bandaged his knuckles and tsk tsk the wife for not being more considerate. Honestly is is just as damaging because it allows such hate to be continued and never addressed.

What? No. No, no it isn't.

Did you learn similes from watching Seth Mcfarlanes awkwatd forced segues in Family Guy?
Because your post reminds me of the time I did a duet of It Wasn't Me with Scooby Doo

I still don't get it. It happened 40 years ago, and he was ashamed of what he done. People keep going on about what he did, said or thought. The implication is, if you have anything racist in your past, it doesn't matter how far in your past it is, you are completely irredeemable. It doesn't matter how genuine you are, we are going to treat you it as if nothing has changed. You're a racist piece of shit, and will always be a racist piece of shit.

And if that isn't what you think, then what is it we should be upset about?  I don't get it.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59657 on: February 06, 2019, 01:49:38 PM »
Era are already clowning this dude, but this thread is still entertaining

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-was-called-an-ass-at-work.97964/post-17618745

Now bearing in mind OPs are always the most charitable towards the OP possible take on what actually happened...
I only work with this tech every other week once. I snapped on her in the past for something that was building up
This person is older with a lot of experience and I think she feels I don’t listen to her. And honestly I don’t really respect her
The incident was me not knowing any better. She tried to go out of her way but I didn’t listen to her. But honestly it probably turned out fine the way I did it. At worst a patient had to get poked again. But yeah, I probably should have known better honestly.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59658 on: February 06, 2019, 01:53:07 PM »
I still don't get it. It happened 40 years ago, and he was ashamed of what he done. People keep going on about what he did, said or thought. The implication is, if you have anything racist in your past, it doesn't matter how far in your past it is, you are completely irredeemable. It doesn't matter how genuine you are, we are going to treat you it as if nothing has changed. You're a racist piece of shit, and will always be a racist piece of shit.

And if that isn't what you think, then what is it we should be upset about?  I don't get it.

On that page someone says:
What erases murderous racist intent?

When actual murderous actions get 'erased' by letting someone out of prison for the murder they were convicted for in a period that can be as short as just a single decade, let alone 40 years with no possibility of parole which would be some kind of spectacularly horrific murder with never displaying any sense of remorse

e:
My only hypothesis is that people on era don't actually understand the concept of time, so because something is new to them it is basically the same as if it literally just happened

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #59659 on: February 06, 2019, 01:53:36 PM »
Because the CEOs, CFOs, etc. are specialized positions. You can't fire them without first obtaining all their knowledge and expertise. Whereas accounting departments crunch numbers, IT departments only have a few specialized employees, so they are way easier to cut /downscale.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/disney-fox-merger-expected-to-cut-4-000-jobs.98065/page-4#post-17642464

Ah yes, where would we be without those absolutely essential CEOs, CFOs, etc... Because that's where the know how and craftsmanship really is.
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59660 on: February 06, 2019, 01:57:02 PM »
Ah yes, where would we be without those absolutely essential CEOs, CFOs, etc... Because that's where the know how and craftsmanship really is.

Without Wolverine in Avengers 5: The Avengering

Leadbelly

« Reply #59661 on: February 06, 2019, 02:11:19 PM »

On that page someone says:
What erases murderous racist intent?

When actual murderous actions get 'erased' by letting someone out of prison for the murder they were convicted for in a period that can be as short as just a single decade, let alone 40 years with no possibility of parole which would be some kind of spectacularly horrific murder with never displaying any sense of remorse

e:
My only hypothesis is that people on era don't actually understand the concept of time, so because something is new to them it is basically the same as if it literally just happened

It's not just Era. I've watched shows on TV talking about this where everyone seems to be missing the point. 

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59662 on: February 06, 2019, 02:16:23 PM »
It's not just Era. I've watched shows on TV talking about this where everyone seems to be missing the point.

Well, TV news services have to feed the beast that is a rolling 24 / 7 / 365 newscycle that constantly needs new things to discuss to justify its own existence, but most normal people understand that just because they've only just heard about something doesn't mean it has only just happened, or that you need to allocate significant amounts of your waking life to thinking about whatever is current king of the newscycle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59663 on: February 06, 2019, 02:19:06 PM »
Admittedly I have spent more time than it strictly necessary thinking about Kate Uptons tits and Pippa Middletons arse, but it wasn't because the press were telling me that those things were important at that very minute

Nuitangg

« Reply #59664 on: February 06, 2019, 02:46:58 PM »
No Vanessa Tyson thread?  Interesting.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #59665 on: February 06, 2019, 02:50:22 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-was-called-an-ass-at-work.97964/post-17618745

Now bearing in mind OPs are always the most charitable towards the OP possible take on what actually happened...
I only work with this tech every other week once. I snapped on her in the past for something that was building up
This person is older with a lot of experience and I think she feels I don’t listen to her. And honestly I don’t really respect her
The incident was me not knowing any better. She tried to go out of her way but I didn’t listen to her. But honestly it probably turned out fine the way I did it. At worst a patient had to get poked again. But yeah, I probably should have known better honestly.

At worst a patient had to get poked again.

Fuck this guy. 

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #59666 on: February 06, 2019, 02:53:06 PM »

At worst a patient had to get poked again.

Fuck this guy.
Uncle

BisMarckie

« Reply #59667 on: February 06, 2019, 02:56:37 PM »
That patient's name? Albert Einstein.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #59668 on: February 06, 2019, 03:05:26 PM »

Gotta include Riposte's follow up.

I hope he wasn't banned for that, though.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #59669 on: February 06, 2019, 03:09:28 PM »
Abuse healthcare ethics... by being shit at drawing blood.  :doge Mengele would be proud.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #59670 on: February 06, 2019, 03:44:28 PM »
they still haven't caught that chicago lynch mob, huh?  :doge

marrec

« Reply #59671 on: February 06, 2019, 03:56:14 PM »

Why would the police arrest themselves  :doge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #59672 on: February 06, 2019, 04:07:23 PM »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #59673 on: February 06, 2019, 04:17:00 PM »

Gotta include Riposte's follow up.
I hope he wasn't banned for that, though.
You know that of course he was.

Plus besada and the mods deleted all the incriminating Titanoboa posts describing and defending his actions further. As well as changed his username. Then warned the thread about derailing from the topic, which was JonTron going Liam Neeson on non-whites.

benjipwns

« Reply #59674 on: February 06, 2019, 04:18:08 PM »
That was a Cerium Brand Outrage Thread™ IIRC as well.

tummyfat

« Reply #59675 on: February 06, 2019, 04:21:05 PM »
They are trying to find footage of the MAGA mob buying the rope now, surely it will be two redneck looking white dudes buying it once they find the product match.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59676 on: February 06, 2019, 04:21:33 PM »
Still dogging Qui-Gon, huh?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/liam-neeson-good-morning-america-interview.97829/post-17647545
I bet that his intention was a to tell a bullshit story just to try and sound badass

wow, you cracked the code

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #59677 on: February 06, 2019, 04:24:01 PM »

Neeson’s movie is premiering in Chicago?

Oh god.
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #59678 on: February 06, 2019, 04:25:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/days-gone-sara-and-deacon-invite-you-to-their-wedding-on-feb-13th-at-2pm-gmt.98038/post-17642715
Quote from: Finale Fireworker
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION

Stop arguing back and forth over the individual preferences and tastes of your fellow members. You don't have to like certain video games. You also don't need to take every single opportunity to express that you don't like video games. Please stop focusing on these things and get back on topic.
that's not the topic on gaming side?

benjipwns

« Reply #59679 on: February 06, 2019, 04:26:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/next-wwe-saudi-blood-money-event-confirmed-for-may-3.97864/post-17625258
User Banned (1 day): inflammatory generalisations of a community
You can't just not watch the saudi show and pretend you aren't supporting their bullshit. If you watch WWE in any capacity at all, you are supporting a pro genocidal dictatorship company.
This right here. WrestleEra is full of cowards and apologists. I'm so glad I left that community.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59680 on: February 06, 2019, 04:27:40 PM »
Quote from: marrec
It's so hard to immediately forgive because America isn't so far removed from public lynchings. Young black men are killed in modern lynchings every week by people who never face accountability. Young black women are abused and die in police custody on the regular. We have a president who paid for a full page ad trying to convince a city to participate in the modern lynching of five innocent young black men.

None of which were things that liam neeson did, so... isn't it kind of... fucked up to be looking for a random white person to hold accountable for things other people of his skin colour have done that were wrong?

Difference being you're looking to do that today. Not 40 years ago. And are seemingly doing it in a fully rational state of mind, And not seeming to show any shame that you are thinking that way.

e:
like, this isn't supposed to be a 'gotcha', but you see how you're projecting right?

marrec

« Reply #59681 on: February 06, 2019, 04:30:30 PM »
Quote from: marrec
It's so hard to immediately forgive because America isn't so far removed from public lynchings. Young black men are killed in modern lynchings every week by people who never face accountability. Young black women are abused and die in police custody on the regular. We have a president who paid for a full page ad trying to convince a city to participate in the modern lynching of five innocent young black men.

None of which were things that liam neeson did, so... isn't it kind of... fucked up to be looking for a random white person to hold accountable for things other people of his skin colour have done that were wrong?

Difference being you're looking to do that today. Not 40 years ago. And are seemingly doing it in a fully rational state of mind, And not seeming to show any shame that you are thinking that way.

e:
like, this isn't supposed to be a 'gotcha', but you see how you're projecting right?

Man, people are going to work toward forgiveness at their own pace. White people clearly are gunna forgive him in a split second but it's gunna take some black people a minute and that's because black people face systemic racism every day so it's hard to immediately absolve some rich white dude of his racist past.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59682 on: February 06, 2019, 04:39:22 PM »
Man, people are going to work toward forgiveness at their own pace. White people clearly are gunna forgive him in a split second but it's gunna take some black people a minute and that's because black people face systemic racism every day so it's hard to immediately absolve some rich white dude of his racist past.

Like, I don't want to get into it again, but the stories now not about liam neeson, its about black americans wanting some retribution for the things they have suffered that they are literally never going to get.
Thats why its become 'about racism' when he obviously had no intention of the rapists skin colour being the point of the story.
Its not "hes white so he gets a pass".
I'd be saying literally the same things if it had been a prominent black actor talking about something that happened 40 years ago that never actually came to anything, I'd just be probably saying it to different people.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #59683 on: February 06, 2019, 04:41:47 PM »

BikeJesus

« Reply #59684 on: February 06, 2019, 04:43:22 PM »
Notorious Fun site resetera at it again:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sunny-d-may-suck-but-people-still-care.97936/

the more I think about this the angrier I get
Because of the way it is exploitative of suffering. It is wholly devoid of any level of empathy or consideration for why people are suffering. It takes the basic level of recognition that there is pain and distorts it into a grotesque joke. It is the "let them eat cake" of the 21st century.

This is reprehensible behavior and nobody should stand for it.
It's funny because it reminds me when my actual friends posted suicidal messages, hilarious!!
Haha I too love fake emotions presented from a faceless beverage designed to capitalize on an Anglo-centric feeling of sadness and trepidity.
I reported that tweet for being offensive. Making light of suicide to get followers is fucking infuriating.
I mean my opinion on this is basically orthogonal to the quality of the product itself. Sunny D could be a drink mixed from the veritable cum of God and I still would want them to burn in hell for these antics
Companys pretending to be suicidal to make themselves relatable to millennials is the most dystopian thing I've ever experienced.
Sorry dog but a brand twitter account is a marketing tool and they would not leave a tweet up if it was not serving the brand. Yes brands are weaponizing depression and millennial angst to reach a new generation of consumers because that content gets engagement on Twitter.

So much Fun! at least one person has a brain:

Don’t “sorry dog” me, you condescending clown.

It was literally about the fucking Super Bowl. It wasn’t some fake cry for help. It wasn’t making fun of actual depression. It was someone joking about how bad the big sports game was.

I know it’s fun and cool to get outraged over nothing because the world is terrible, but maybe look at context. What were they tweeting about minutes before? What had they been tweeting about all night? Oh, right. the fucking Super Bowl.

This is absolutely infuriating as someone with actual depression. You all could be doing so much more for people with mental health struggles, but instead spend time reading too much into a fucking tweet because it comes from a brand.

They tried to play it off when other brand accounts engaged. Big deal. “Weaponizing depression?” Give me a break 🙄

Go outside and get some perspective, the lot of you.

:gladbron

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #59685 on: February 06, 2019, 04:49:56 PM »
weaponizing depression      weaponizing depression     weaponizing depression

Era is the fucking USSR during the 80's in that dept.
sigh

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #59687 on: February 06, 2019, 04:50:49 PM »
That stuff was absolutely awful! It felt like it was slicing my throat on the way down.
:neogaf
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #59688 on: February 06, 2019, 04:50:53 PM »
Haha I too love fake emotions presented from a faceless beverage designed to capitalize on an Anglo-centric feeling of sadness and trepidity.
Anglo-centric?

marrec

« Reply #59689 on: February 06, 2019, 04:51:50 PM »
Anglo-centric?

gotta meet the buzzword quota

benjipwns

« Reply #59690 on: February 06, 2019, 04:53:21 PM »
It is the "let them eat cake" of the 21st century.
Fake news?

BisMarckie

« Reply #59691 on: February 06, 2019, 04:53:24 PM »
Anglo-centric?

Appropriating the feeling of sadness. :wag

BisMarckie

« Reply #59692 on: February 06, 2019, 04:54:54 PM »

I would just like to point out that that poster, Carnby, followed me across multiple boards, multiple discords, and kept the conversation going once I was banned or gone from every where he was, all to tell me how awful I was and how I was ruining the Wrasslegaf community.

Note: I've not been a part of that community for 5 years, and in fact there was a list of names they'd blame everything on for it being a shitty community of self loathing and shit heads sniping at each other constantly. All of those names have been gone for years as well. They still complain about me and some of the others from time to time, but the reality is their community got WORSE once all those names got ran off or banned and all the same complaints are there despite all the people being the alleged root of the complaints being long gone.

incelsiorlef: arewethebaddies.gif

Leadbelly

« Reply #59693 on: February 06, 2019, 04:59:42 PM »

They've been caught on camera:

https://twitter.com/WayneDupreeShow/status/1091768752444751875

BisMarckie

« Reply #59694 on: February 06, 2019, 05:00:17 PM »
I'm going to hell for laughing at this.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #59695 on: February 06, 2019, 05:01:12 PM »
 :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #59696 on: February 06, 2019, 05:02:06 PM »
And even internet savy people (eg on here) are lapping it up and celebrating orange juice companies mocking people with mental health issues to sell more of their shitty products. It's sickening.
talk about overthinking it

also, claiming it's orange juice :nope

BikeJesus

« Reply #59697 on: February 06, 2019, 05:02:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/monsanto-aka-evilcorp-i-find-it-very-hard-to-know-what-is-true-and-what-isnt.98010/#post-17631660

User Banned (Duration Pending): Advocating mass death and violence
Each continent should grow most of their own food (in addition, no fertilizer imports, fishing only in their territorial waters, and growing largely native crops), and have strict food export limits.

No doubt blood will be shed in the process. But I look at things not from a modern political human rights perspective, but from the beginning, and far into the future. I want there to still be wilderness on this planet 1,000 years from now.

benjipwns

« Reply #59698 on: February 06, 2019, 05:04:50 PM »
It's always been strange how the people most vocal about depression/mental health/etc. on NeoGAF.com and ResetERA.com always seem to present tropes from popular media versions of said things and not the actual symptoms. :thinking

Someone should do a study after they get done putting trans women into every female sport and seeing if they win everything to see if they have an advantage.

benjipwns

« Reply #59699 on: February 06, 2019, 05:07:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/monsanto-aka-evilcorp-i-find-it-very-hard-to-know-what-is-true-and-what-isnt.98010/#post-17631660

User Banned (Duration Pending): Advocating mass death and violence
Each continent should grow most of their own food (in addition, no fertilizer imports, fishing only in their territorial waters, and growing largely native crops), and have strict food export limits.

No doubt blood will be shed in the process. But I look at things not from a modern political human rights perspective, but from the beginning, and far into the future. I want there to still be wilderness on this planet 1,000 years from now.
Sorry, too late pal, we only have 11.9 years left. Or less, let me check the latest ResetERA.com thread on how we've irreversibly destroyed the planet and should just end it early rather than suffer. Stuff like how the Amazon Forest is the only thing "keeping our heads above water" or whatever stupid shit.