Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5900405 times)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Re: The Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash
« Reply #14460 on: June 19, 2018, 03:39:02 PM »
I disagree with your assessment.

Really don't appreciate your tone.

Always coming here all uppity.

Probably due to your lack of finances from getting kid cucked.

Eagerly await your unbanning so you'll post here less.

Killing me worse than Cauliflower spamming.

I might need to put you on ignore.

Doesn't solve the quoting issue though.

Sucks.

:oreilly

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #14461 on: June 19, 2018, 03:40:03 PM »
Riotous outed himself as Dennis.

agrajag

« Reply #14462 on: June 19, 2018, 03:43:57 PM »

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #14463 on: June 19, 2018, 03:44:49 PM »
M, in future don't say things like "with all do respect" and don't couch your positions in modifiers. It might make it harder to convey your argument but it will seem less sus to mods who are always on the hunt for sus even when they have a forum that's quite regulated. (I don't think you said something sus, but when in Rome.)

Dennis

« Reply #14464 on: June 19, 2018, 03:45:04 PM »
Oh look, two people arguing for pages to no one giving a shit.

It is called the bore for a reason.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #14465 on: June 19, 2018, 04:00:52 PM »
I thought objectification was bad because it was too common. Now it's bad because it's not as common as it used to be making it look "out of place."

How about those who are against objectification just say they are against it without trying to attach their rationale to cultural contexts that in the end turn out to be apparently irrelevant for their belief system.

User banned (5 days): inflammatory strawman, dismissing female representation concerns
https://www.resetera.com/posts/9456157/

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #14466 on: June 19, 2018, 04:18:13 PM »
Aren't all strawman by definition imflammatory.

They're made of dry hay for godssake!

Switters

« Reply #14467 on: June 19, 2018, 04:21:22 PM »
 :shaq2
troll

Averon

« Reply #14468 on: June 19, 2018, 04:24:20 PM »
I thought objectification was bad because it was too common. Now it's bad because it's not as common as it used to be making it look "out of place."

How about those who are against objectification just say they are against it without trying to attach their rationale to cultural contexts that in the end turn out to be apparently irrelevant for their belief system.

User banned (5 days): inflammatory strawman, dismissing female representation concerns

What was banworthy about this?

Switters

« Reply #14469 on: June 19, 2018, 04:25:48 PM »

What was banworthy about this?

inflammatory strawman, dismissing female representation concerns
troll

killamajig

« Reply #14470 on: June 19, 2018, 04:26:59 PM »

I believe strawmen would be made of straw not dry hay. Straw and hay are two different things.

themoreyouknow.gif

Averon

« Reply #14471 on: June 19, 2018, 04:29:13 PM »
In any case, those threads always follow the same progression. People come in with their hot takes and a decent discussion takes place in the beginning. Some brave souls dare to disagree with the horde. They are systematically banned. Anyone that would like to add something to the discussion that is not approved by the mods/popular opinion are scared away and the thread devolves into a circle jerk echo chamber where everyone agree with each other.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #14472 on: June 19, 2018, 04:31:37 PM »

I believe strawmen would be made of straw not dry hay. Straw and hay are two different things.

themoreyouknow.gif

This sounds like a hayman arguement.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14473 on: June 19, 2018, 04:31:43 PM »
The character designs look cool, making sexy character designs in a fighting game with no plot does is not an issue (men are treated similarly in the game and everyone is equally as strong), this article has false-just political motivations evident by the laughable implication that a hot girl in a videogame is as dangerous as misinformed medical treatment, and considering multiple people in this thread can’t even spell SoulCalibur I really don’t think the character designs have truly turned off anyone from the game who was truly interested in its mechanics.
:neogaf

Why people think they get away with posts like these on REEEEE is beyond me.

In any case, those threads always follow the same progression. People come in with their hot takes and a decent discussion takes place in the beginning. Some brave souls dare to disagree with the horde. They are systematically banned. Anyone that would like to add something to the discussion that is not approved by the mods/popular opinion are scared away and the thread devolves into a circle jerk echo chamber where everyone agree with each other.
Stalin would be proud.
🤴

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #14474 on: June 19, 2018, 04:31:46 PM »
They really are the lefts version of the religious right and their moral indignation at boobies.

Tasty

« Reply #14475 on: June 19, 2018, 04:35:40 PM »

tummyfat

« Reply #14476 on: June 19, 2018, 04:41:43 PM »
They really are the lefts version of the religious right and their moral indignation at boobies.
Just like the religious moral crusaders had enormous power in the 80's and early 90's before fading into irrelevancy - the social warriors of the 10's and early 20's will hold that power too before 2020 does them in

killamajig

« Reply #14477 on: June 19, 2018, 04:42:07 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)
No it's not God dammit! As a Wisconsinite this triggers me. Next you're going to tell me you can make a strawman out of silage.

Bunch of city slickers.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #14478 on: June 19, 2018, 04:45:38 PM »
I'm not sure why most of those people suddenly care, Soul Calibur has been exactly the way it has been for years, it's not like they'd play it if it were without boobies. They probably never played in the first place. They won't be happy until women in every game they see (not play) is covered, flat chested and demure.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14479 on: June 19, 2018, 04:47:05 PM »
I'm not sure why most of those people suddenly care, Soul Calibur has been exactly the way it has been for years, it's not like they'd play it if it were without boobies. They probably never played in the first place. They won't be happy until women in every game they see (not play) is covered, flat chested and demure.
:-\  :fbm
🤴

Averon

« Reply #14480 on: June 19, 2018, 04:49:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-new-york-times-withheld-audio-of-a-stephen-miller-interview-at-the-white-houses-request.50139/

NYT following journalistic ethics/procedures? Fuck off, Nazi sympathizers!!!

The Albatross is fighting the good fight in that thread, but I fear he's talking to brick walls. And think of the irony of them whining that the NYT won't violate journalistic procedures after spending years complaining about fake news from conservative news outlets and their sloppy journalistic methods--which are often true.

agrajag

« Reply #14481 on: June 19, 2018, 04:50:47 PM »

themoreyouknow.gif

This sounds like a hayman arguement.

:heyman

stufte

« Reply #14483 on: June 19, 2018, 04:52:58 PM »
"Sexuality is rad! Unless it's heterosexuality."

-REEE

killamajig

« Reply #14484 on: June 19, 2018, 04:53:32 PM »
The next Soul Calibur better be more progressive and have women dress like this........

stufte

« Reply #14485 on: June 19, 2018, 04:54:14 PM »
The next Soul Calibur better be more progressive and have women dress like this........

Digging Voldos new costume.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14486 on: June 19, 2018, 04:55:46 PM »
"Sexuality is rad! Unless it's heterosexuality."

-REEE
It's the sequel to:
"All stereo types and jokes are bad and in bad faith, unless Nintendo/Disney use them."
🤴

Jansen

« Reply #14487 on: June 19, 2018, 04:57:01 PM »
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Voldo ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #14488 on: June 19, 2018, 05:05:51 PM »
skull girls is problematique but is probably one of the best fighting games ever made. artistic offsets.
每天生气

Averon

« Reply #14489 on: June 19, 2018, 05:08:52 PM »
I mean, if this E3 has shown us anything, it's that places like Reee, Polygon, and Kotaku will soon have to find news sources for their click bait articles/outrages. The industry, at least in the West, is listening to them and giving them what they want. Getting pissy at SC, a franchise that always had a certain level of sexiness to it, and the random, obscure anime titty game is scraping at the bottom of the barrel for outrage.

The days of easy, cheap sources they can point to for lazy click bait articles about how sexist/homophobic/racist and terrible the industry is is coming to an end.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #14490 on: June 19, 2018, 05:24:18 PM »
Haven't they won already? Dead or Alive is even toning itself down.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #14491 on: June 19, 2018, 05:27:42 PM »
pretty soon they'll ruin Perry the Perv
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14492 on: June 19, 2018, 05:29:24 PM »
soon enough they'll be demanding the evil be taken out of resident evil, the hazards out of biohazard

killamajig

« Reply #14493 on: June 19, 2018, 05:36:38 PM »

What?!?

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #14494 on: June 19, 2018, 05:40:10 PM »

Kinda depends if there was anything to win in the first place. I know this generates a bunch of clickbait buzz but i really wonder how much the vast of majority of gamers care either way.

nudemacusers

« Reply #14495 on: June 19, 2018, 05:43:34 PM »
I asked Sweetnicole or whatever why they closed this thread

https://www.resetera.com/threads/silicon-valley’s-young-atheists-problem.48563/

Sent her a pm but no response at all..

:lol You PM'd the mods about a moderation action? Enjoy your permaban for harassment.  :lol
Pretty sure I predicted mmarsu wandering obliviously into another ban. Water is wet.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14496 on: June 19, 2018, 06:00:47 PM »
No that's just Koei playing them.
They already said that there would be DLC costumes and such lol.  :doge
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #14497 on: June 19, 2018, 06:13:04 PM »

The whole point of a strawman argument is that you are constructing a man made of straw because it's easier to knock him down, nobody ever constructs a strawman just so they can have a friend to enjoy a nice time with

also nobody ever constructs a straw woman with wicked rude straw titties
Uncle

Rahxephon91

« Reply #14498 on: June 19, 2018, 06:17:09 PM »

Kinda depends if there was anything to win in the first place. I know this generates a bunch of clickbait buzz but i really wonder how much the vast of majority of gamers care either way.
I don't care at all. There is a time and a place for TNA. Does something like The Last of Us need extreme sexuliziation? No, but Soul Calibur is an extreme fantasy. It is about larger than life people beating each other up. Racial and ethnic stereotypes, mythological legends and so on are played up. TNA has a place in the designs.

I find both sides annoying in this. I don't like the side that hand waves these arguments and resist them to side step criticism.

"Oh well some women have these body types so this actually being unfair to them"

"There should be no politics involved, they are just games"

But I also am becoming increasingly annoyed with the other side that is outraged at every slight instance of sexulization. Men and yes even women love sexy women. It is not bad to sometimes feature this. Now I belive there are some better ways to handle tna then others, but not everything has to be this super progressive proclamation.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #14499 on: June 19, 2018, 06:21:35 PM »
This generation just wants to validate themselves on social media and the best way to do that is to be outraged by everything. Get the click buzz going, feel good about themselves like they're important.

Once corporations realize these people are fucking losers that don't mean shit and that the vast majority of people don't think like that the whole thing will finally stop.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #14500 on: June 19, 2018, 06:23:08 PM »
Companies should be unapologetic in this climate and release high budget games with 90s style sexy women like "yeah whatup this is what we made, don't buy it if you don't like it"

Just to see all the complaints and also high sales
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14501 on: June 19, 2018, 06:29:27 PM »
Companies should be unapologetic in this climate and release high budget games with 90s style sexy women like "yeah whatup this is what we made, don't buy it if you don't like it"

Just to see all the complaints and also high sales
Isn't that basically what the Witcher 3 devs did?

- Women should not be sexualized
- Diverse representation is necessary in modern vidya games
- Single player games are dead

CD PROJECT RED: Time to plow bitches

Platinum Games is much the same. Including the hilariously wrong Twitter persona of Kamiya.
🤴

Jansen

« Reply #14502 on: June 19, 2018, 06:38:28 PM »
It bears mention that a common grunt within the Mushroom Kingdom is a "goomba," which is also a racial epithet of Italians stemming from an Italian word for "gangster."

In Japanese, the enemy is called Kuribo (see; Kuribo's Boot).
Find my replies within the thread. They're written to foster and cultivate discussion; such as why is the enemy called "goomba" in NA regions - a disparaging Italian epithet stemming from the word for "gangster," when it's Kuribo in Japanese?
You don't think at any point they'll recast the character more culturally thoughtfully? Or rework he character's caricatural leanings?

Do you think they'd make the character's voice and casting differently if they did it today, thirty years later?

His frenzied gesticulations; his babbling mock-Italian; his dreams of pasta.

For conversation;

Would this character be voiced and cast in the same manner today that he was in 1990?

such obvious trolling yet they didn't get banned lol

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #14503 on: June 19, 2018, 06:48:12 PM »

It's impressive how they always argue that they don't want to ban every single game with boobs and yet get so bend out of shape over the one game at e3 with tits.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #14504 on: June 19, 2018, 06:53:45 PM »
Nah, DOA devs just put on a show for the announcement. They already confirmed that titty bounce and clothes falling apart during a match is still a thing.

Averon

« Reply #14505 on: June 19, 2018, 06:57:13 PM »

I don't care at all. There is a time and a place for TNA. Does something like The Last of Us need extreme sexuliziation? No, but Soul Calibur is an extreme fantasy. It is about larger than life people beating each other up. Racial and ethnic stereotypes, mythological legends and so on are played up. TNA has a place in the designs.

I find both sides annoying in this. I don't like the side that hand waves these arguments and resist them to side step criticism.

"Oh well some women have these body types so this actually being unfair to them"

But I also am becoming increasingly annoyed with the other side that is outraged at every slight instance of sexulization. Men and yes even women love sexy women. It is not bad to sometimes feature this. Now I belive there are some better ways to handle tna then others, but not everything has to be this super progressive proclamation.

:drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge
Best be careful with that 'ol fence sitting. You're just one step away from being a Nazi as far as Reee is concerned.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #14506 on: June 19, 2018, 07:17:49 PM »
such obvious trolling yet they didn't get banned lol

Rahxephon91

« Reply #14507 on: June 19, 2018, 07:38:42 PM »

:drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge
Best be careful with that 'ol fence sitting. You're just one step away from being a Nazi as far as Reee is concerned.
I'm already perma at that place, I don't care about Era. It's a terrible forum.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #14508 on: June 19, 2018, 07:43:41 PM »
It's not so much trolling as it is pointing out that Indian Americans are seen as a protected class that must be depicted in a way that removes all possibility of racial entanglements (Apu). On the otherhand, Mario is white so fuck Italians.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #14509 on: June 19, 2018, 07:46:38 PM »
But do you still care about GAF? :thinking

Jansen

« Reply #14510 on: June 19, 2018, 07:49:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/9461405/

Actually ive only seen one bond movie cause im not a fan of the series, but yet, any woman would "kill" for the oportunity to be the next bond girl, like i said, if you wanna change mentalities, ill will have to start with the womans, its a shitty industry but if we want to start to see progress we gotta start do something.

Im sorry if i look like a mysoginist or something but this is a topic that upsets me, going a little off topic,
Woman in my country are always asking for equal rights, yet i dont see none of them complaining when they go to a night club where their entrance is free with 2 drinks and man must pay 15 euros just to get in, where is the stand up for that for example?

Jansen

« Reply #14511 on: June 19, 2018, 07:50:35 PM »

rah can't let gaf go. gonna drag that cross to the grave

nudemacusers

« Reply #14512 on: June 19, 2018, 07:51:35 PM »
Getting banned in that thread is like jumping off a empty pool’s diving board. I’ll feel bad you got hurt but you should know better.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Rahxephon91

« Reply #14513 on: June 19, 2018, 07:56:25 PM »
GAF is dead man.

stufte

« Reply #14514 on: June 19, 2018, 07:56:47 PM »
REEEE mods really embodying the REEEE in ResetERA these days. Good job you losers. (I know you read these alt-right nazi boards)  :-*

Rahxephon91

« Reply #14515 on: June 19, 2018, 07:57:40 PM »

Actually ive only seen one bond movie cause im not a fan of the series, but yet, any woman would "kill" for the oportunity to be the next bond girl, like i said, if you wanna change mentalities, ill will have to start with the womans, its a shitty industry but if we want to start to see progress we gotta start do something.

Im sorry if i look like a mysoginist or something but this is a topic that upsets me, going a little off topic,
Woman in my country are always asking for equal rights, yet i dont see none of them complaining when they go to a night club where their entrance is free with 2 drinks and man must pay 15 euros just to get in, where is the stand up for that for example?
Clubs have that so women come..... which hopefully means men will come.

Propagandhim

« Reply #14516 on: June 19, 2018, 08:35:16 PM »
I had to block the Italian Elon Musk twitter account.  No amount of CAC credit that wasps have given us will make me put up with that Mickey Rooney level Breakfast at Tiffany's shit that gets retweeted into the stars.   "I'ma senda da rockets to a da space with a my pasta"  Where's the fucking joke, nicca?!!?   You're wasting perfectly good pasta!

FStop7

« Reply #14517 on: June 19, 2018, 08:35:16 PM »

They probably have to raise it to 3 free drinks and no cover for women to show up at a club where they let in fuckasses like him.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #14518 on: June 19, 2018, 08:35:37 PM »

Assimilate?
Bitches want shit for free but it's ok since it's a "male- patriarchy industry"   :trumps

Not me though. I didn't waste my fucking time on that awful site filled with psycho cheeseburger mods.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
let's see who gets offended by the word first  :doge
[close]

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #14519 on: June 19, 2018, 09:12:53 PM »
#banassimilate
#youdonthavetounbananyonejustpleasebanassimilateplease
serge