Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5901019 times)

agrajag

Re: The Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash
« Reply #31740 on: August 27, 2018, 10:16:58 PM »
Crossing Eden may be even worse than Lime. With Lime, his (her?) shit was so over the top that even ERA could not take them seriously. But with Eden, he's slick enough to couch his rhetoric with enough reasonableness/moderation that he sounds like he knows what he's talking about to ERA. Lime's mistake was that they went in too hard with their bit.

So that's what they mean when they say "not slick enough"

:ohhh

PogiJones

« Reply #31741 on: August 27, 2018, 10:40:15 PM »
I've only had one argument with Crossing Eden, and all he did with every solid point sent his way was not to rebut, but to claim since he was done with the argument I wasn't allowed to respond. He felt entitled to the final word, and grew more and more upset when I wouldn't give it to him.

PogiJones

« Reply #31742 on: August 27, 2018, 10:44:30 PM »
"No, I'm not wrong, you are, here's my whole position again, and don't respond."
"Your position is wrong because of X, Y and Z."
"How dare you respond! Did you not see that I told you not to?!"

That was the gyst of it, repeated 5 times with increasing anger on his part.

Drainage

« Reply #31743 on: August 27, 2018, 10:56:03 PM »
Finally a warning for whining and shitting up the thread!

Warning:Thread whining
Wow... people really are making a big fucking deal about language in the game. I haven't been bothered by it at all while watching the gameplay. It's like you people are looking for things to get mad about. Kind of pathetic.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #31744 on: August 27, 2018, 11:02:12 PM »
I wanted a laugh and I checked the ban site.

I ended up reading the cyberpunk thread.

lol who gives a shit.

BisMarckie

« Reply #31745 on: August 27, 2018, 11:14:45 PM »
I fantasize about making sequels for dormant game series and end up disappointed when they get announced as well.

You won't believe  how mad I was when Shenmue III was announced. In my head Shenmue III had Tom as the protagonist and was basically a tycoon  game about selling hot dogs in 80's Japan.

It also would have been rated AO due to the massive amount of nudity.

Drainage

« Reply #31746 on: August 27, 2018, 11:41:02 PM »
I fantasize about making sequels for dormant game series and end up disappointed when they get announced as well.

You won't believe  how mad I was when Shenmue III was announced. In my head Shenmue III had Tom as the protagonist and was basically a tycoon  game about selling hot dogs in 80's Japan.

It also would have been rated AO due to the massive amount of nudity.

I had the EXACT same idea. I hadn't put even 5 minutes of effort into learning any skills that would help me make this dream a reality, irregardless I was absolutely devastated when Suzuki revealed Shenmue III. I've got this fleeting thought that my our interpretation would be far superior to whatever he will come up with. Obviously I'm a HUGE fan of the first two games!

BikeJesus

« Reply #31747 on: August 27, 2018, 11:46:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-first-person-only-in-cp2077-affected-your-decision-to-buy-it.64782/

So a thread about gameplay perspective gets split off from the gameplay thread with no issue, but the thread attempting to split off discussion of meanie words gets locked.

What a garbage forum.

Finbarfin

« Reply #31748 on: August 27, 2018, 11:49:43 PM »
...well, I suppose my dream of making Streets of Rage 4 died today.

It was a ridiculous one. Never really heading towards a new course in life to make it a reality. Better for it to exist then magically wait it out for me...

It probably would have never been made other wise.

Goodbye, dream. It was fun while it lasted.

Maybe I still have to time to pursue Virtua Cop 4...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/streets-of-rage-4-announced-lizardcube-guard-crush-games-and-dotemu.64633/page-28#post-11962936

:confused :lol

What a fucking odd way to take a surprise revival.

I loved the shit out of Streets of Rage when I was in high school but I couldn't tell you even a single character name or anything else about it other than that it was a colorful cartoony beat em up on the Genesis. Why get attached to a name? Just make a cool sidescrolling fighter it'll be the same thing anyway.

Oh wait I've made the mistake of thinking this guy knows how to program anything whatsoever. Never mind.

agrajag

« Reply #31749 on: August 27, 2018, 11:58:15 PM »
...well, I suppose my dream of making Streets of Rage 4 died today.

It was a ridiculous one. Never really heading towards a new course in life to make it a reality. Better for it to exist then magically wait it out for me...

It probably would have never been made other wise.

Goodbye, dream. It was fun while it lasted.

Maybe I still have to time to pursue Virtua Cop 4...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/streets-of-rage-4-announced-lizardcube-guard-crush-games-and-dotemu.64633/page-28#post-11962936

:confused :lol

What a fucking odd way to take a surprise revival.

I loved the shit out of Streets of Rage when I was in high school but I couldn't tell you even a single character name or anything else about it other than that it was a colorful cartoony beat em up on the Genesis. Why get attached to a name? Just make a cool sidescrolling fighter it'll be the same thing anyway.

Oh wait I've made the mistake of thinking this guy knows how to program anything whatsoever. Never mind.

So he is a developer, like stufte.

PogiJones

« Reply #31750 on: August 27, 2018, 11:58:52 PM »
What role and place do conservatives and Republicans have on this fourm?

I haven't come across anyone in person from either side that would disagree that minorities deserve both equal treatment and equality of opportunity. I assume any disagreements come after that statement on the follow-up topics. Of course, there are probably some out there that would outwardly disagree, but those folks are generally unsavory.

User Banned (Duration Pending): Political Trolling; junior phase account

Political trolling? For saying most people he's ever met on both sides believe in some sort of equality? This has got to be one of the worst bans ever. What in the wor--

--Oh, I see now.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #31751 on: August 28, 2018, 12:00:56 AM »
Wow this is huge news if true Im at the edge of my seat

Don't worry too much about over-splintering causing things to deaden out. Our 2.1 launch is going to allow you to customize your experience and effectively create your own thread list out of various sections, so you could just, like, click off-topic and politics and have them both show up. Or that plus gaming too. etc.

We're going to stagger implementation of various features a bit though since we have so many concurrent projects. It'll work out.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-great-big-political-sub-forum-poll-and-debate.1464575/post-253415721

Can't wait to customize my list of posts about why the left is horrible
:O

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #31752 on: August 28, 2018, 12:03:58 AM »
That asshole's been around since the beginning of the forum, avatar included! Junior, my ass!
每天生气

james

« Reply #31754 on: August 28, 2018, 12:22:26 AM »
Poliera was trying to argue that if you run for city council in Oklahoma as an R, you're a nazi because that's an endorsement for Trump

Never mind running as a D will get you les votes than the write in candidate

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #31755 on: August 28, 2018, 12:26:15 AM »
Imma gonna develop the shit out of your moms vaginas. WITH MY PENIS.

james

« Reply #31756 on: August 28, 2018, 12:35:32 AM »
So Netflix makes a movie adaptation of a book

Book is written by an Asian lady.

Movie stars an Asian girl.

One character is a black gay man.

Perfect for resetera right?

I honestly would have preferred this be an all white movie as then it wouldnt re-enforce age old tropes.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/to-all-the-boys-ive-loved-before-netflix-teaser-trailer.50617/

:noooo

They're all fucking insane.

Nothing is good enough

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #31757 on: August 28, 2018, 12:41:11 AM »
Sorry y’all I meant front hole when I used the non-inclusive slur of vagina. I’m trying to be better.

agrajag

« Reply #31758 on: August 28, 2018, 12:45:00 AM »
Sorry y’all I meant front hole when I used the non-inclusive slur of vagina. I’m trying to be better.

Suck my front hose and my outer spheres.

stufte

« Reply #31759 on: August 28, 2018, 12:48:39 AM »
This discourse is it.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #31760 on: August 28, 2018, 12:57:26 AM »
Ethan Hawke didn't think Logan was one of films great achievements, so naturally...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ethan-hawke-now-we-have-the-problem-that-they-tell-us-logan-is-a-great-movie.64699/page-7#post-11946920
Quote from: CapG
He's an ignorant piece of shit. Black Panther has done more to advance filmmaking than anything Hawke has ever touched.

:dead :dead :dead

I'll take Training Day alone over every comic book movie

daemon

« Reply #31762 on: August 28, 2018, 01:28:33 AM »
Ethan Hawke didn't think Logan was one of films great achievements, so naturally...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ethan-hawke-now-we-have-the-problem-that-they-tell-us-logan-is-a-great-movie.64699/page-7#post-11946920
He's an ignorant piece of shit. Black Panther has done more to advance filmmaking than anything Hawke has ever touched.

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #31763 on: August 28, 2018, 01:45:52 AM »
:whew
first reformed was some good shit

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #31764 on: August 28, 2018, 02:39:19 AM »
I feel like it would be super easy to astroturf the shit out of Resetera if you a.) got a prolific poster on board and b.) geared it towards the forums sensibilities. like you could sell some of these guys anything as long as you tick their boxes

Rahxephon91

« Reply #31765 on: August 28, 2018, 02:57:11 AM »

What a great thread. He's talking about people like the posters and they totally miss the point. Attacking him on small points like the tight comments because they don't actually understand how real humans talk.

And he's right.

I like these superhero movies, but in no way are they great films and it's kind of sad that people think they are.

I like super hero movies, I like the marvel movies. But I don’t see them as something actually valuable. I see them as these big budget action figure soap operas come to life that are fun to watch. But to me they don’t express an actual craft, an actual idea, vision, or belief that the best films do. They don’t seem to ever have a creators touch or feel like works filled with lots of personal passion put into them. They don’t feel like things with their own style or personality. They are the definition of commercial, which is fine. But even something like John Wick feels a bit more authored. A bit met personable in what is trying to be.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 03:08:10 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Bore Expert

« Reply #31766 on: August 28, 2018, 03:12:21 AM »
I feel like it would be super easy to astroturf the shit out of Resetera if you a.) got a prolific poster on board and b.) geared it towards the forums sensibilities. like you could sell some of these guys anything as long as you tick their boxes

Zelda buttplugs?
 :money

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #31767 on: August 28, 2018, 03:13:53 AM »

What a great thread. He's talking about people like the posters and they totally miss the point. Attacking him on small points like the tight comments because they don't actually understand how real humans talk.

And he's right.

I like these superhero movies, but in no way are they great films and it's kind of sad that people think they are.

I like super hero movies, I like the marvel movies. But I don’t see them as something actually valuable. I see them as these big budget action figure soap operas come to life that are fun to watch. But to me they don’t express an actual craft, an actual idea, vision, or belief that the best films do. They don’t seem to ever have a creators touch or feel like works filled with lots of personal passion put into them. They don’t feel like things with their own style or personality. They are the definition of commercial, which is fine. But even something like John Wick feels a bit more authored. A bit met personable in what is trying to be.

UH OH

Waiting for Green Shinobi Jack Remington to come here and tell us how Dark Knight should have won an Oscar for Best Film.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #31768 on: August 28, 2018, 03:22:56 AM »
Well actually I think Dark Knight and maybe even Logan kind of go beyond simply being good comic book movies just like things like Watchmen or The Dark Knight Returns go beyond simply being good comic books.

But I see Hawks point being that these movies are fine, but not the best of the art form. But people’s standards and interests in movies as an art form have kind of lowered. And I don’t think he’s wrong. I’ve had coworkers tell me Infinity War is one of the greatest movies ever. You have reset people acting like Black Panther is God’s gift to cinema. None of these movies are bad, but none of them really fill me with a sense of wonder or stimulating imagination that the best movies do. None of them really leave me admiring all the craft and work out into them. None of them make me feel like I’ve seen a creators vision.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31769 on: August 28, 2018, 03:31:46 AM »

To be fair the guy get dragged a lot on Era for it. His following responses also highlight how he visibly doesn't understand the difference between film craftsmanship, film popularity and culture. He's an idiot.
ὕβρις

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #31770 on: August 28, 2018, 04:59:56 AM »
Eh, i had hopes for the game but then you went on and voiced your support for it.  :maf

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #31771 on: August 28, 2018, 09:08:25 AM »
That’s pretty much exactly how Meixcans in New Mexico talk 🤷🏻‍♂️
a la verga these pinche gringos like crossing eden talking out their ass, ay guey?

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #31772 on: August 28, 2018, 09:11:33 AM »
remember when gaf used to go to rapture-ready forums and make fun of their hilarious puritanical stances, their need to criticize popular media, and chicken little attitudes that the world was ending

good times
rub

james

« Reply #31773 on: August 28, 2018, 09:38:51 AM »
remember when gaf used to go to rapture-ready forums and make fun of their hilarious puritanical stances, their need to criticize popular media, and chicken little attitudes that the world was ending

good times

Are they the baddies now?

nudemacusers

« Reply #31774 on: August 28, 2018, 09:49:49 AM »
RLM is alt right now mods pls delete the thread from here  :yuck
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #31775 on: August 28, 2018, 09:53:38 AM »
Lol at cheebo doing his best virtue mod bat signaling against the alt tight pandering tfa review while simultaneously enjoying the prequel ones with skits of women tied up and being tortured.

:wow
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Averon

« Reply #31776 on: August 28, 2018, 09:56:49 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/red-letter-media-star-wars-the-last-plinkett-review.64851/

Cheebo is already shitting up the thread. He's the biggest and most pathetic Star Wars fanboy there is on ERA. I would hope he is at least getting paid for his shilling.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #31777 on: August 28, 2018, 10:18:52 AM »
resetti criticizes movies and studios for pandering to minorities by giving them minor roles for a marketing push while directorial and major roles are still mostly white: good, smart criticism that cuts to the heart of the issues

RLM criticizes movies and studios for pandering to minorities by giving them minor roles for a marketing push while directorial and major roles are still mostly white: attacking minorities and diversity, alt-right talking points

it's almost like they are being willfully ignorant in these responses. one could even say they were posting in...bad faith

Boredfrom

« Reply #31778 on: August 28, 2018, 10:44:18 AM »
Mod says:

I don't think RLM "pander to the alt-right", at least not intentionally, but they are critical of diversity in some questionable ways and it's been a noticeable point they've hit in several videos, not just the TFA review, and it was enough for me to become uncomfortable with their content. Some of the talking points they hit you'll see mirrored in the far right anti-diversity crowd.

So? Many people despise opinions from Tumblr but they often agree with the core message. Dismiss stuff because “talking point” only reinforces those places.

Averon

« Reply #31779 on: August 28, 2018, 10:52:57 AM »
A large portion of ERA really, really want to label RLM as alt-right racists but they don't have anything solid to pin them on, so they infer, and imply, and misconstrue RLM's content to fit the narrative they built up about them in their heads. That has been the case even back on GAF.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #31780 on: August 28, 2018, 10:53:00 AM »
also random new mod no ones heard of before.

dur

nudemacusers

« Reply #31781 on: August 28, 2018, 10:54:53 AM »
Lmao yes how dare they criticize Disney’s cynical approach to side character diversity while also making their first major black Star Wars character into a eunuch (not to mention turning Zoe Saldana into a bug) and firing James Gunn because an alt right loser signal boosted dumb jokes on twitter.

Truly a company on the right side of history. RLM should be ashamed.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Boredfrom

« Reply #31782 on: August 28, 2018, 10:55:39 AM »
Luchashaq hot take on film criticism and individuality:

It's honestly better to just not mention it vs. being lumped in with the douchebags who are making the film the focus of their entire lives/wait until the drama has died down.

Me and my wife thought the new ghostbusters was awful (was bummed since we both had multiple actresses in it we liked) but I'd rather say nothing than be lumped in with sexist nerds throwing a collective hissy fit over their soiled diapers.

“I’m going to pretend that I like eating shit rather than saying I don’t like eating shit like the alt right”.

agrajag

« Reply #31783 on: August 28, 2018, 10:58:45 AM »
Lmao yes how dare they criticize Disney’s cynical approach to side character diversity while also making their first major black Star Wars character into a eunuch (not to mention turning Zoe Saldana into a bug) and firing James Gunn because an alt right loser signal boosted dumb jokes on twitter.

Truly a company on the right side of history. RLM should be ashamed.

He's not a eunich, he's boning that disgusting asian lady.

nudemacusers

« Reply #31784 on: August 28, 2018, 10:58:48 AM »
Can’t blame the dude when you have obsessives in every thread baiting you to get banned.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Boredfrom

« Reply #31785 on: August 28, 2018, 11:03:04 AM »
Can’t blame the dude when you have obsessives in every thread baiting you to get banned.

I’m pretty sure he has participated in getting people banned because petty things or justifying dumb stuff.

BisMarckie

« Reply #31786 on: August 28, 2018, 11:06:55 AM »
Good on him for being honest. Hopefully he can move forward from this
User Banned (Duration Pending): Downplaying sexual harassment.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/11973075/

:confused

BisMarckie

« Reply #31787 on: August 28, 2018, 11:09:44 AM »
Banbot site has mod actions form the cyberpunk thread :aah

User Warned: Downplaying the importance of progressive efforts
This place would be so much better if everyone would stop trying to out-woke each other and just talk games. Technical aspects, gameplay, story. Not, how offended can we get about anything. So very much better.

Downplaying the importance of progressive efforts on a videogame forum. :rejoice
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 11:15:12 AM by KennyLoggins »

BisMarckie

« Reply #31788 on: August 28, 2018, 11:12:05 AM »
Funny you mention shutting down the discussion because every day there are multiple banning of posters who express contrary opinions to these, in fact it's likely not long before the mods come and have a nice little ideological purge of this thread. The fact is that shutting down the discussion is the modus operandi of ResetEra, I have never seen a forum so hostile to debate, ever.

User Banned (Duration Pending): Junior phase account with a history of history and concern trolling
https://www.resetera.com/posts/11957848/

A history of history :rejoice

Tiops

« Reply #31789 on: August 28, 2018, 11:14:25 AM »
Account with a history of history, ban this filth already!

nudemacusers

« Reply #31790 on: August 28, 2018, 11:19:23 AM »
Lmao
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31791 on: August 28, 2018, 11:20:53 AM »
benji's history of history is why he's banned from this forum
©@©™

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #31792 on: August 28, 2018, 11:25:30 AM »
He suggested that one simply moves on from sexual harassment.
Oi Oi

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #31793 on: August 28, 2018, 11:25:36 AM »
you banned benji? = (

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #31794 on: August 28, 2018, 11:26:19 AM »
ban me then bro

agrajag

« Reply #31795 on: August 28, 2018, 11:28:35 AM »
ban cauliflower anyway

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #31796 on: August 28, 2018, 11:29:06 AM »
make it so cauliflower cant log out

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #31797 on: August 28, 2018, 11:38:16 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/red-letter-media-star-wars-the-last-plinkett-review.64851/

Cheebo is already shitting up the thread. He's the biggest and most pathetic Star Wars fanboy there is on ERA. I would hope he is at least getting paid for his shilling.
skimmed this shit, lmao @ this loser trying to put alt right and RLM together in enough sentences that people will believe his stupid ass. get fucked turbo nerd

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #31798 on: August 28, 2018, 11:38:38 AM »
strike me down and I shall rise again.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #31799 on: August 28, 2018, 11:39:24 AM »
strike me down and I shall rise again.
I tried this once, I'm still permed :fbm