Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5878949 times)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| That ain't it, chief
« Reply #47880 on: December 13, 2018, 08:23:59 AM »
I don't even care about the dude so I don't know why I'm doing this
It's principle for me, I hate seeing this happen to anyone even people i personally dislike like JP. It's become so prevalent in our daily lives and sorta sucks that people dont call these faux news out for obvious garbage because they already hate someone so principles be damned.

Tiops

« Reply #47881 on: December 13, 2018, 08:31:39 AM »
I don't even care about the dude so I don't know why I'm doing this
It's principle for me, I hate seeing this happen to anyone even people i personally dislike like JP. It's become so prevalent in our daily lives and sorta sucks that people dont call these faux news out for obvious garbage because they already hate someone so principles be damned.

Exactly. It just helps generating these dishonest discussions and people taking sides just because it aligns with your views.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #47882 on: December 13, 2018, 08:45:50 AM »
So, Danny O'Dwyer (noclip) gave a hot take about the PewdiePie situation:

(Image removed from quote.)

And as always, people went to search his profile to find something. It's better than expected:

Posting pictures as he deleted those tweets and his profile is currently private. Didn't find any discussion about this on Era, though.

Era had a thread about this about a month ago but it was quickly closed because they assumed that it had been Kia who dug up the tweets. There was also lots of "but he's a good guy now"

https://www.resetera.com/threads/has-danny-odwyer-made-a-statement-on-this-tweet.76460/ :doge
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 08:51:29 AM by HaughtyFrank »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #47883 on: December 13, 2018, 08:45:53 AM »
It's principle for me
I just like to argue on the internet, instead!

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #47884 on: December 13, 2018, 08:58:27 AM »
I used to, but smoking weed is more fun :doge

marrec

« Reply #47885 on: December 13, 2018, 09:01:53 AM »
What's with this idea that someone cannot criticize another simply because they have also done bad thi-

o god

You're all russians

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47886 on: December 13, 2018, 09:50:45 AM »
What's with this idea that someone cannot criticize another simply because they have also done bad thi-

o god

You're all russians

Is this intended as criticism
Uncle

marrec

« Reply #47887 on: December 13, 2018, 09:51:21 AM »

o god

You're all russians

Since I have done bad things in the past I legally cannot criticize anyone

paprikastaude

« Reply #47888 on: December 13, 2018, 09:54:25 AM »
What is with these absolute mainiacs that think Sony can STILL make a suscessful smash clone? They don’t have the roster or mascot depth. Nathan Drake and Joel Lastofus are the same fucking guy. Nobody cares.
what about all those SONY mascots like Jin heihachi cloud bloodborne man, dark souls, dante chris redfield

My favorite is when someone earnestly suggested Deacon and Bike from Days Gone :lol :lol :lol

It could have included industry icon Kevin Butler, but he betrayed Sony by making Mario Kart commercials. :wag

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #47889 on: December 13, 2018, 10:27:35 AM »

o god

You're all russians

Not sure, since the application of "it's in the past, so it's water under the bridge" seems awfully selective and arbitrary.
Same for whether or not an "apology" is deemed as a "non-apology" or not.

So it could be legal after all.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #47890 on: December 13, 2018, 10:31:29 AM »
It's probably more like if you use edgelord humor in which you are not being literal you shouldn't mischaracterize others' edgelord humor. He's being incredibility disingenuous by saying PewDiePie "calls for the extermination of Jews." Others would be similarly disingenuous if they said Danny hates black people and Muslims while ignoring the context of his tweet (someone said he had zero followers, and if that were true, then there would be no consequences to what he tweetws [insert faux-outrageous opinion]).

kingv

« Reply #47891 on: December 13, 2018, 10:41:29 AM »
What is with these absolute mainiacs that think Sony can STILL make a suscessful smash clone? They don’t have the roster or mascot depth. Nathan Drake and Joel Lastofus are the same fucking guy. Nobody cares.
what about all those SONY mascots like Jin heihachi cloud bloodborne man, dark souls, dante chris redfield

My favorite is when someone earnestly suggested Deacon and Bike from Days Gone :lol :lol :lol

It could have included industry icon Kevin Butler, but he betrayed Sony by making Mario Kart commercials. :wag

For their game and watch equivalent you can u lock the red e!

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47892 on: December 13, 2018, 10:53:16 AM »
Guess which thread SweetNicole closed after finding it redundant ?

Given the number of similar threads on the topic, we're consolidating a number of the Epic Store threads down to a single thread. Please use this new thread for discussion about the Epic Store. New threads can of course be made if they are significant enough to fall under the "new news = new thread."

:badass

https://www.resetera.com/threads/no-steam-no-buy-an-explanation-about-competition-launchers-storefronts-and-monopolies-on-pc.86685/post-15923168

Yeah, its a bad look to have a topic about Steam and a topic about the Epic store both open and active at the same time pm the front page, when they're basically covering the exact same thing.
You don't want too many redundant threads all talking about the same thing!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-need-to-talk-about-unlocking-characters-in-smash-ultimate.86017/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/super-smash-bros-ultimate-ot-ultimate-showdown-of-ultimate-destiny.84900/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/japans-current-obsession-smash-characters-blushing.86902/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/super-smash-bros-ultimate-dlc-character-predictions.78587/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/super-smash-bros-ultimate-competitive-and-matchmaking-ot-lan-adapter-must-have.85137/

If they'd made the thread title sound more like an intervention, maybe it would have escaped the lock.

"Darling, I think it's time to discuss your use of PC Storefronts"

marrec

« Reply #47893 on: December 13, 2018, 11:01:43 AM »
It's probably more like if you use edgelord humor in which you are not being literal you shouldn't mischaracterize others' edgelord humor. He's being incredibility disingenuous by saying PewDiePie "calls for the extermination of Jews." Others would be similarly disingenuous if they said Danny hates black people and Muslims while ignoring the context of his tweet (someone said he had zero followers, and if that were true, then there would be no consequences to what he tweetws [insert faux-outrageous opinion]).

It's hard for me personally to dismiss PDPs pattern of behavior as "edgelord humor", but I can see how someone would conflate the two.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47894 on: December 13, 2018, 11:10:11 AM »
Looks Like Pc Storefronts Seem To Be Developing Quite The Fan Art Following... (NSFW)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #47895 on: December 13, 2018, 11:12:32 AM »
I don't know about you guys, but I'm FUCKING HYPED for the new storefronts coming to my PC.

These storefronts....are makin' me thirsty!
©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47896 on: December 13, 2018, 11:12:37 AM »
It's hard for me personally to dismiss PDPs pattern of behavior as "edgelord humor", but I can see how someone would conflate the two.

Is your problem with that idea the idea that he's joking, or that he's an edgelord?

marrec

« Reply #47897 on: December 13, 2018, 11:15:48 AM »

Is your problem with that idea the idea that he's joking, or that he's an edgelord?

The idea that the jokes (they are jokes) don't come from a deeper truth based on his continued "slip ups".

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47898 on: December 13, 2018, 11:24:48 AM »

The idea that the jokes (they are jokes) don't come from a deeper truth based on his continued "slip ups".

It doesn't take a lot of deduction to figure out they probably don't

In the case of the message thing, clearly he thought "what is the absolute worst most embarrassing thing I could have them write or say, there's no way they will actually do this"

i.e. the whole point of the joke is knowing that it is a terrible thing to say that no one should say, and not endorsement

If I had the opportunity to force excelsheet to write something on a sign and parade it around I might even do something similar

And what other jokes are we even talking about, the only other example we have here is something he didn't even do from an Onion parody account
Uncle

marrec

« Reply #47899 on: December 13, 2018, 11:24:52 AM »
Can we all just agree that PDP is a nazi, much like Boogie, Geoff, YongYea, Brad Schumacher, and move on?

God I hate when idiots just automatically label problematic dopes like PDP nazis... when we have actual Nazis like GEOFF RUNNING AWARDS SHOWS

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47900 on: December 13, 2018, 11:29:18 AM »

I think its a kind of dangerous route to go down trying to ascertain the psychological makeup of someone and make conclusions as to their character based on an analysis of their jokes, especially when their jokes are deliberately intended to be transgressive for shock value.

Especially to the extent of focusing on them when there are plenty of people saying things overtly horrible that are not intended as jokes at all.

Boredfrom

« Reply #47901 on: December 13, 2018, 11:34:22 AM »

o god

You're all russians

My problem is getting in the high horse and deleting the tweets when called out.  I thought Danny would know better. Don’t think he is a particularly bad guy or anything and I’m not a PewDiePie fan, is just annoying that people care so much about what a edgelord says in his YT channel when you are only pushing his viewership to take his side.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #47902 on: December 13, 2018, 11:37:18 AM »
marrec is an edgelord

Boredfrom

« Reply #47903 on: December 13, 2018, 11:40:20 AM »
Congrats, Philip. You are now filler tier.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47904 on: December 13, 2018, 11:43:01 AM »

marrec

« Reply #47905 on: December 13, 2018, 11:43:01 AM »

In the case of the message thing, clearly he thought "what is the absolute worst most embarrassing thing I could have them write or say, there's no way they will actually do this"

i.e. the whole point of the joke is knowing that it is a terrible thing to say that no one should say, and not endorsement

If I had the opportunity to force excelsheet to write something on a sign and parade it around I might even do something similar

And what other jokes are we even talking about, the only other example we have here is something he didn't even do from an Onion parody account

There's a lot of histrionics surrounding PDP, especially immediately after his Fiverr bullshit (that WSJ article... whew lad), but he used a lot of nazi imagery and jokes during that period and for some time before that. Some was in response to being called a nazi, but some was just him joshing around with fans. He's compared Leslie Jones to Harambe during the alt-right politically motivated backlash against her.

He's since stopped using nazi iconography and doing ironic nazi salutes but he continues to have his "slip ups" like saying the n-word and now recommending a very questionable YouTube channel, as well as cozying up to alt-right figures like Ben Shapiro.

I don't think the dude wants to exterminate jews, but given a long established pattern of behavior, the dude's likely got some pretty fucked up views or is at least entertaining the fucked up views of our current crop of alt-right figureheads.

Takuan

« Reply #47906 on: December 13, 2018, 11:51:03 AM »
There's a lot of histrionics surrounding PDP, especially immediately after his Fiverr bullshit (that WSJ article... whew lad), but he used a lot of nazi imagery and jokes during that period and for some time before that. Some was in response to being called a nazi, but some was just him joshing around with fans. He's compared Leslie Jones to Harambe during the alt-right politically motivated backlash against her.

He's since stopped using nazi iconography and doing ironic nazi salutes but he continues to have his "slip ups" like saying the n-word and now recommending a very questionable YouTube channel, as well as cozying up to alt-right figures like Ben Shapiro.

I don't think the dude wants to exterminate jews, but given a long established pattern of behavior, the dude's likely got some pretty fucked up views or is at least entertaining the fucked up views of our current crop of alt-right figureheads.
At best, he fails to grasp the influence he has when he makes these reference in the name of "jokes". He's brazenly naive, as one would expect from someone who went from average Swedish nerd to 20-something with fuck you money.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #47907 on: December 13, 2018, 12:01:43 PM »
Mods help, there's a bunch of sonic furries in here

marrec

« Reply #47908 on: December 13, 2018, 12:03:05 PM »
Mods help, there's a bunch of sonic furries in here

I wont stop careposting until SEGA shows me sonics dick

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #47909 on: December 13, 2018, 12:03:24 PM »

he didn't compare Leslie Jones to Harambe. Protip, if someone says something about someone they hate, fact check it.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47910 on: December 13, 2018, 12:07:10 PM »
Uncle

marrec

« Reply #47911 on: December 13, 2018, 12:09:42 PM »

he didn't compare Leslie Jones to Harambe. Protip, if someone says something about someone they hate, fact check it.

But there's a whole video and half of it is predicated on the joke?

Edit: also more nazi iconography lol jokes tho
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 12:13:51 PM by marrec »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47912 on: December 13, 2018, 12:10:43 PM »

I suppose you're gonna pretend he didn't hack a bunch of printers to propagate anti-bollywood propaganda too? you ain't slick

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #47913 on: December 13, 2018, 12:16:12 PM »

But there's a whole video and half of it is predicated on the joke?

Edit: also more nazi iconography lol jokes tho
did you actually watch what you posted and you came to that conclusion?

marrec

« Reply #47914 on: December 13, 2018, 12:18:43 PM »
did you actually watch what you posted and you came to that conclusion?

Did you?

He's playing up the "joke" as if 'oh no! The computer said Leslie Jones is Harambe! Lets show it over and over again and be overly dramatic in my denial of it'

Please, he included it in the video because he thinks it's funny to compare Jones to a gorilla.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47915 on: December 13, 2018, 12:19:17 PM »
Are console games still closer to metal than Pc games?

NOPE

PC games = Metal As Fuck since 1993

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #47916 on: December 13, 2018, 12:19:17 PM »
Lol okay marrec, you do you.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #47917 on: December 13, 2018, 12:25:19 PM »
Subtext doesn't exist, clearly.

Also, PDPs "heated gaming moment" is already forgotten, huh?

Added context for c) I looked into it and the guy seems to be a massive edgelord that likes being offensive, but i'm not sure there is actual belief behind it. It's kinda like taking filler at face value.
He has DMs of saying that he uses jokes to redpill when it gets real.

Also, he has had 3 or 4 deleted alt accounts on YT, algorithm kept recommending one where he said a whole bunch of slurs and had like an hour serious essay on some really heinous shit.
Is there a link dump of this stuff somewhere?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47918 on: December 13, 2018, 12:25:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/epic-games-store-discussion.86783/post-15932648

The OP of this thread is also completely "accurate". Are mods going to start editorialising across all threads now, tempering the OPs intentions?

:thinking

https://www.resetera.com/threads/epic-games-store-discussion.86783/post-15936055
Basically: not having your community on steam doesn't give you any advantages beyond not being on steam. It's not something that helps devs and it doesn't help customers. It helps.... forum hosters?

:thinking  :thinking  :thinking  :thinking :thinking

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #47919 on: December 13, 2018, 12:45:45 PM »
I dislike how the average words per page goes up whenever marrec’s online

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #47920 on: December 13, 2018, 12:51:01 PM »
Quote pyramids don't help.

marrec

« Reply #47921 on: December 13, 2018, 12:51:28 PM »
me sorry

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #47922 on: December 13, 2018, 12:56:33 PM »
me sorry

Why can’t you be like the rest of us and result to ad hominem attacks whenever someone disagrees with you?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47923 on: December 13, 2018, 01:05:57 PM »
Uncle

Drainage

« Reply #47924 on: December 13, 2018, 01:10:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/graphics-tech-discussion-rdr2.86933/

Finally, let's talk about games! Specifically the technical aspects of RDR2.

Quote from: First Post
It sometimes look like a painting. It's an amazing feat.

However, I'll never forget all I see on the screen was made with literal blood and tears from exploited workers whose work was held in ransom unless they complied to awful working conditions.

:dsp

Boredfrom

« Reply #47925 on: December 13, 2018, 01:11:02 PM »
What will the antagonism against PewDiePie will accomplish, outside losing his contract with Disney he is still dirty popular and his demographic is not the one that will be ashamed of edgelord or borderline racist jokes? Jontron was more vile in his tirade and took a 9 month hiatus... and his last video got a lot of clicks.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 01:27:01 PM by Boredfrom »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #47926 on: December 13, 2018, 01:12:09 PM »

NOPE

Devil Crush and Thunder Force IV came out a bit earlier and show console games can be metal af as well!
^_^

marrec

« Reply #47927 on: December 13, 2018, 01:16:18 PM »
What will the antagonism against PewDiePie will accomplish, outside losing his contract with Disney he is still dirty popular and his demographic is not the one that will be ashamed of edgelord or borderline racist jokes? Jot Ron was more vile in his tirade and took a 9 month hiatus... and his last video got a lot of clicks.

You're a nazi

*turns and gives a thumbs up to Nate*

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47928 on: December 13, 2018, 01:22:53 PM »
Devil Crush and Thunder Force IV came out a bit earlier and show console games can be metal af as well!

The court will accept the defences plea for Metal-As-Fuck status to be considered for Devil Crush, and will further stipulate Gynoug and Splatter House

Boredfrom

« Reply #47929 on: December 13, 2018, 01:26:09 PM »
Subtext doesn't exist, clearly.

Also, PDPs "heated gaming moment" is already forgotten, huh?

I remember that, he was really an asshole about that.

I don’t think marrec is wrong about PewDiePie baiting and getting borderline alt right, I just dunno why is a hot topic again given he is still massively popular and his audience is not exactly Gaf/Reee. Being a bad influence to kids makes me think that if people believe that people should not give him the antagonist attention he partially wants.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47930 on: December 13, 2018, 01:27:01 PM »
On a completely unrelated note, every time I type thebore into the address bar it takes me to the same page facing the same post, it's whatever chrome decided was the most relevant bore page to go to and then I click through to the forums

And it always takes me to this post

Quote from: EightBitNate
But real talk; why can't someone be transracial? Asking not to troll but because I hear this asked a lot but I don't know what the response is.

If you say race is a genetic thing, well so is sex. If you bring up gender is different than sex, and gender is just a social construct, can't it be argued that the way a "race behaves" is also a social construct? There is no analogous term for race like their is for gender/sex, but I don't see why you'd let the lack of language determine whether something exists or not.
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #47931 on: December 13, 2018, 01:36:55 PM »
What will the antagonism against PewDiePie will accomplish, outside losing his contract with Disney he is still dirty popular and his demographic is not the one that will be ashamed of edgelord or borderline racist jokes? Jot Ron was more vile in his tirade and took a 9 month hiatus... and his last video got a lot of clicks.

You're a nazi

Worse, I’m from Mexico.  :goty2

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #47932 on: December 13, 2018, 01:54:20 PM »

NOPE

You bet

That game had a chainsaw blade before it was cool
What

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #47933 on: December 13, 2018, 02:04:03 PM »

NOPE

You bet

That game had a chainsaw blade before it was cool

They should give this another shot. RE losing their minds over it would be an added bonus

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47934 on: December 13, 2018, 02:09:09 PM »

fuck off Doom, murdering zombies with a chainsaw was always cool

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #47935 on: December 13, 2018, 02:24:50 PM »

You're a nazi

Worse, I’m from Mexico.  :goty2

Explains why your posts are so lazy.

marrec

« Reply #47936 on: December 13, 2018, 02:42:06 PM »
Never notice pretty women and berate anyone who does for being a shitlord.

That’s the way to be woke.

Stop being so stupid.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47937 on: December 13, 2018, 02:49:12 PM »
that fucking mod edit is like thee times the size of the original post

:lol

:umad

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47938 on: December 13, 2018, 02:51:56 PM »
Also, are people made they can't refunds on games after they realize the game sucks?

marrec

« Reply #47939 on: December 13, 2018, 02:54:17 PM »
Never notice pretty women and berate anyone who does for being a shitlord.

That’s the way to be woke.

Stop being so stupid.

Oh fuck right off back to your Orwellian shithole if they'll still have you.  Last I knew you were banned, so maybe alternatively consider using at least 100% less oxygen than you do now.

:hump :hump :hump