Author Topic: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo  (Read 607981 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo
« Reply #1320 on: May 09, 2019, 12:00:45 AM »
As personality grifts grow, there's always some component where you pay for xxxclusive access. This can take the form of a retreat, a camp, a seminar etc. The periphery may give you microtransactions here or there, maybe tickets for a talk in their city,  but the truly faithful will open their wallets all the way

:rejoice
wow low key shots fired at me for not keeping this thread up with souls transferred through the interdimensional pillar

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1321 on: May 09, 2019, 01:31:52 AM »
Was it Mandark who said this is "hotep shit for white people"?

Dang that's a good line. I still have my moments.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1322 on: May 09, 2019, 01:53:06 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #1323 on: May 09, 2019, 04:50:48 AM »
is his team Dave Rubin, H3H3, um... in searching to see if this is named i came across some reddit posts about applying to it, standard skepticism applies, i have spoilered via individual threads for Mandark's convenience

Dude asked too many questions so they rejected him: https://www.reddit.com/r/JordanPeterson/comments/aie2af/letter_i_was_accepted_as_a_peterson_fellow_for/
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dr Peterson, the following is an unedited transcript of the email exchange I have had with Acton since being accepted as a Peterson Fellow. I'm confused. Your message of responsibility speaks to me deeply and it does not seem very "responsible" to ask someone to uproot their life, move across the country, lose a year of wages, go into $65,000+ in debt, all for a program that refuses to answer basic questions about your level of involvement. The Acton MBA seems like a wonderful standard program but Fellows applied for this because of YOUR NAME, not because of Acton. If you just signed off on this as a branding deal I'm profoundly disappointed. I'm flummoxed that you haven't mentioned it once in a public interview that I can find in the past months, not even your recent Q&A.

I spent well over 20 hours working on my submissions for this Fellowship. I'm so sad this time seems to have been wasted.

Perhaps you really are selecting for those "most comfortable with ambiguity" and they will get a chance to work with your team on the revolutionary online university project, I hope that's true, and I wish I could have been a part of it. I can not and will not risk my family's future for something that appears so outwardly unprofessional and sketchy. I hope you understand that I have personally contacted more than a dozen Fellowship Recipients who were fully accepted and rejected the offer for the same reasons I have. We are very unhappy and disillusioned. We are some of your most devoted fans. We deserve answers and an apology. I await your response.

My first email below was in response to my acceptance, I'm happy to provide you screenshots, I wish not to post them publicly to avoid sharing personally identifying information:
CEO (Jeff Sandefer):Hi Topher, I’m replying for Chris, so he can focus on helping the last few applicants with extra financial aid and spend some time with his family. We appreciate the time you’ve spent in the audition process and hope you’ve gotten some value from it. And I applaud your skepticism; it’s a valuable trait. However, it doesn’t sound as if this is the right opportunity for you. The work we’ll be doing together requires a tolerance for ambiguity and will be messy. We’ve got a terrific team and a extraordinary group coming to Austin, but it’s a pioneering bunch. We don’t know many of the answers because emergent growth is unpredictable and we’ll be co-creating the future as we go. As to your questions, there’s a purpose behind every step in the audition process, because with each choice, each of us learns more. For example, we needed to ask for quick turnarounds because we were surprised when over 2300 people answered the call for only 50 spots. With such a limited number of fellowships, we had to rapidly process finalists to assemble the best cohort possible and give each person as timely a response as possible as we filled the last few precious spots. And the last thing we needed was more outreach from Dr. Peterson when we already had far too many qualified people on the waitlist. If you remain interested I’d hope you’d follow what the initial band of Peterson Fellows accomplishes, and if it seems attractive, re-audition for a later cohort where there’s more information available and less risk. Until then, we wish you all the best, Jeff
[close]

A number of people are applying and are skeptical, some background on Acton: https://www.reddit.com/r/JordanPeterson/comments/a3tpep/peterson_fellowship_acton_mba_something_doesnt/
Does anyone else think there’s something mighty suspicious up with this Acton MBA thing Dr. Peterson is now advertising?

I got the email and jumped at the opportunity, applied immediately, got a reply from some “master teacher” saying my replies were consistent with top candidates and I would be auto forwarded to next round. “That’s cute” I thought.

Reached out to a friend, she applied, exact same thing happened, and we filled that form out in very different ways.

So I went on the site, filled out the form entirely randomly, put my name down as something like “w33dsmoker”, put options in the boxes that weren’t even possible, repeated this three times. Every single application had the same thing “wow congratulations auto forwarded to next round”, top candidate.

But it’s not even just that.

This course starts in February, and seems to be pretty much full time. For a man who’s preaching responsibility and getting your life together this seems like a rather large contradiction in terms. “Please uproot your entire life in 3 months”.

In addition there’s literally no detailed information as to what this course is, where it came from, and how involved Dr. Peterson actually is. If at all.

Does anyone feel something is up here? Perhaps some data gathering exercise, something gone massive wrong, or just a selling of the “Peterson” name to some institution?
Quote from: another guy
I just completed step 2 and preparing for step 3. You need to provide professional history, educational history, link to your LinkedIn profile, video response to a dilemma they pose and a Wonderlic test (link provided). I will complete this and let you know what happens next.
Quote from: yet another dude
I might be able to offer some perspective. I too have been accepted, but I have some "ties" to the Acton founder, Jeff Sandefer.

So it should be known that Jeff Sandefer is a somewhat conservative "activist." He founded the Acton Institute, which is a think tank that promotes individual liberty, and the Acton Academy, a homeschooling program that's based in the Hero's Journey (and challenging the modern public school system). He has been on the board of the Texas Public Policy Foundation, which is a conservative/libertarian group that advocates for economic freedom and individual liberty in Texas. He's spoken at Freedom Works too.

I spoke to someone who is personal friends with Sandefer (I promised not to disclose their name, so I'll just refer to them as "Earl"). Earl is like Sandefer - a very wealthy entrepreneur. From what Earl said, it sounds like the program is trying to get students to be able to have at least one one-on-one session with JBP. But it doesn't sound like JBP will be very involved besides that. Sandefer is a big believer in a lot of what Peterson announces. Note that Sandefer started Acton b/c he was fed up with the tenured business academics standing in the way of innovation.

It may be that JBP just accepted the deal knowing Sandefer is a big believer in individual liberties (he's spoken at FreedomWorks), and that Sandefer's school is different enough and not to bureaucratic to be able to accept JBP's name.

So, take what you will from this, but I figured I'd add this.
Quote from: another
You got a voicemail and everything? All I got was the following email:

"Dear ________

Congratulations again on making it to the finals of the Peterson Fellowships. Because of the high volume of top quality auditions, we’re having to make some difficult decisions as we get to the final selections and hope you will take a special test recommended by Dr. Peterson’s team to help us with these final selections.

Are you up to the challenge? If so, here are your next steps:

Watch this video

Take this assessment within the next 72 hours (please allow at least 45 minutes to complete the assessment).

Sincerely,

Acton MBA Admissions Team"

What do you think of this? It doesn't seem to resemble your experience at all. I'd like to find out whats on the other end of the assessment but I wont be able to complete it until tomorrow. Maybe they had their initial draft picks, and then their second ones? I guess I'd fall into that camp ?
[close]

Peterson himself explains the way to transform how the world learns: https://www.reddit.com/r/JordanPeterson/comments/8h9fis/last_night_in_dc_jbp_expanded_on_the_direction/
Quote from: Jordan Peterson
I met today with my now three-person team to further develop the online university. We're employing a variety of statistical and computational strategies aimed at mapping out the most relevant domains of knowledge, as well as developing technology that will help people assess their knowledge in those domains, so they will be able to determine what they know and what they have yet to learn.
Quote from: Jordan Peterson
Initially – we’ll try to get beta users to do this to begin with – we want you to submit questions and we want you to submit the source of the answer to the questions. And then we’ll put the questions up and have people vote on their utility but also answer them, and then we can rank-order the questions in terms of difficulty.

You can do a process called item response theory. So, imagine you take a multiple choice test, and then you give a score on it, and then you analyze each of the questions: the good questions will be answered correctly by the people who did well on the test. And so you can analyze every single question for its utility as a marker for the knowledge domain. So you can organize questions – if they’re contributed by a large number of people – with regards to the utility of the questions. and so, we envision – to begin with – to set up a system that would enable people to map their domains of knowledge and then to chart a pathway to learning more. So that’s one set of modules, let’s say. We also want to figure out how we can help people learn to write and to speak and to think and to read, so there will be a knowledge domain and skill domain.

Now, how can you help? At the moment you can’t. it’s not easy to have people help on things. It’s hard to organize. But we do want to use as many people as we possibly can. Because one of the things we want to build into the system is a distributed administration, so that it’s not dependent on any one to administer…. So that it’s self-organizing and self-improving, so that the system will just get better and better as people use it. And so we’re going to try to build that into the architecture.

Now, I don’t know if we can pull this off. And like I said, it’s premature to even talk about it. But that’s the sort of thing we’ve started to discuss. As soon as we can possibly manage it, we’ll start inviting people to contribute, because we can build huge databases of questions very, very rapidly if we have lots of users. And if we get the statistical processes right, we can really start to map out these domains of knowledge.

So we’re thinking that would be a good way of making testing non-punitive. ‘Cause if you’re at high school or university and you take a test and you fail, it’s like someone’s beating you with a stick. Your ignorance is revealed, but in a catastrophic way. This would do it differently. It’d say, “Look: you know about as much about biology to put you above 20% of the people who’ve done this exam. So, that’s not too bad, it’s not nothing. You’re better than 1 in 5. But if you want to know more about it, here’s a pathway forward. You spend 15 hours on this and you’ll put yourself up in the 30th percentile.” And you can do that with all sorts of different domains. And so hopefully we can make those pathways to knowledge available to everyone…

So the goals are:

To educate the largest number of people possible

With the minimal possible overhead and cost

In the most efficient possible way

That’s the mission statement. And I think we’ve got the technology - especially if people collaborate on this - to do that... to make a deadly, deadly learning system.
[close]

I'm surprised at how negative these threads about it on the r/JordanPeterson subreddit are, especially looking at what I guess is the normal content for the subreddit, at least these people are being skeptical about their wank dad though they seem to think it's less his fault and he, as the Tsar in the desiccated castle, may be unaware

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1324 on: May 09, 2019, 09:25:31 AM »
https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1126185463226687488

:girlaff :snob

Or: The five books everybody has to read in high school English class.
dog

BisMarckie

« Reply #1325 on: May 09, 2019, 09:27:53 AM »
I have read three of them in an ESL class. AMA

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1326 on: May 09, 2019, 09:32:08 AM »
I have read three of them in an ESL class. AMA

Sounds like you're ready to apply for a Peterson Fellowship at the Tough Acton Tinactin School of Business.
©@©™

BisMarckie

« Reply #1327 on: May 09, 2019, 09:38:34 AM »
Is Jordan gonna be there or is this a Kamp Krusty situation?

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1328 on: May 09, 2019, 09:40:18 AM »
I wish I'd had to read Moby Dick in high school.

BisMarckie

« Reply #1329 on: May 09, 2019, 09:44:38 AM »

What did you have to read instead? Pasternak?   :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #1330 on: May 09, 2019, 10:06:22 AM »
Is Jordan gonna be there or is this a Kamp Krusty situation?
let's just say you don't want to get your hopes up about seeing that fireworks factory

Kara

« Reply #1331 on: May 09, 2019, 10:11:48 AM »

The year we studied U.S. literature we read The Scarlet Letter and The Great Gatsby.

agrajag

« Reply #1332 on: May 09, 2019, 10:12:59 AM »

The year we studied U.S. literature we read The Scarlet Letter and The Great Gatsby.

wtf did we go to the same school?

agrajag

« Reply #1333 on: May 09, 2019, 10:18:15 AM »
https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1126185463226687488

:girlaff :snob

Or: The five books everybody has to read in high school English class.

I never had to read East of Eden or Moby Dick

:ufup

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1334 on: May 09, 2019, 10:47:42 AM »
✔️ Learn how to make money.

...by starting a Patreon.  :doge
©ZH

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1335 on: May 09, 2019, 11:01:43 AM »
✔️ Learn how to make money.

...by starting a Patreon.  :doge

Woah, looks like we've got an Acton grad on the board.
©@©™

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1336 on: May 09, 2019, 12:05:35 PM »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1337 on: May 09, 2019, 04:29:28 PM »
Never heard of East of Eden but I have heard South of Heaven. :rock
©ZH

agrajag

« Reply #1338 on: May 09, 2019, 08:36:59 PM »

Rubin has a cartoon caricature dumb person voice

team filler

• filler
  • filler

BisMarckie

« Reply #1340 on: May 10, 2019, 01:01:53 PM »
A real milkshake duck .:rodney

agrajag

« Reply #1341 on: May 10, 2019, 01:02:11 PM »
more like Milkshaked Fuck

agrajag

« Reply #1342 on: May 10, 2019, 01:04:30 PM »
they missed. Fake news liberal media Esch

BisMarckie

« Reply #1343 on: May 10, 2019, 01:06:04 PM »
The left can‘t meme throw.

agrajag

« Reply #1344 on: May 10, 2019, 01:09:04 PM »
not enough calcium in those almond boys' diets

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1345 on: May 10, 2019, 01:52:50 PM »
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #1346 on: May 10, 2019, 02:23:25 PM »
Quote from: Ben Shapiro
Here’s how this sort of thing typically works. A liberal says something decent about a person who has said things not in keeping with the liberal agenda; Twitter trolls drag comments out of context to suggest that this person is actually an evil human being; liberal retracts. That’s not unusual. It’s now happened to Kevin Williamson, Bari Weiss, Daniella Greenbaum, Sam Harris, Bret Weinstein, Dave Rubin, Jason Riley, Heather MacDonald, Jordan Peterson, Charles Murray, and many others.

:dead

Brehvolution

« Reply #1347 on: May 10, 2019, 02:55:00 PM »
I wish they would show the 3 Sears xmas catalogs he was sitting on.
©ZH

El Babua

Kara

« Reply #1350 on: May 10, 2019, 04:32:29 PM »
Quote from: Ben Shapiro
Here’s how this sort of thing typically works. A liberal says something decent about a person who has said things not in keeping with the liberal agenda; Twitter trolls drag comments out of context to suggest that this person is actually an evil human being; liberal retracts. That’s not unusual. It’s now happened to Kevin Williamson, Bari Weiss, Daniella Greenbaum, Sam Harris, Bret Weinstein, Dave Rubin, Jason Riley, Heather MacDonald, Jordan Peterson, Charles Murray, and many others.

:dead

Himu

« Reply #1352 on: May 10, 2019, 05:41:59 PM »
This shit is why I said you should debate people like Shapiro. Expose him. Instead Reeeeee's were like NO YOU CAN'T DEBATE THEM lmao. Refusing to debate them and not allowing them to debate on college campuses allowed them to make talking points like,"see? they won't debate, they limit freedom of speech" when really, you should send in someone experienced and destroy them. The cowardice has allowed people like Milo and Ben to fester and profit off it. Well, maybe not Milo as he's 1 million in debt apparently. Basically, you, by denying a platform to debate allowed them to build a cult of personality. But this going against liberal values of open debate? Where has it gotten you? And then this real nicca on the BBC interviews Ben? He DESTROYS Ben Shapiro in one minute.

GG college tards and communist dumb asses
IYKYK

Kara

« Reply #1353 on: May 10, 2019, 05:43:33 PM »
Ben Shapiro's career is absolutely ruined. He'll never get another welfare make work job from a bourgeois again.

Kara

« Reply #1354 on: May 10, 2019, 05:43:46 PM »
That's sarcasm btw.

Himu

« Reply #1355 on: May 10, 2019, 05:56:35 PM »
I don't really care. Not everything has to be a purity test. I'm enjoying him own Shapiro. I got sick of "BUT HE DID THIS THAT ONE TIME" sjw-ism a long ass time ago. Who gives a fuck.
IYKYK

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1356 on: May 10, 2019, 06:23:50 PM »
Lmao this dude

Pushed heavily for Britain to enter the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, hired the UK's foremost Holocaust denier to translate Goebell's diaries, climate change denier, AIDS denier, all around shit head by every single account about him online.

A real one  :tocry
Margs

Himu

« Reply #1357 on: May 10, 2019, 06:27:29 PM »
I don't really care. Not everything has to be a purity test.

Ah yes... The purity test of..... *checks notes* not fucking with people after they show support for Hungarian fascists

What does that have to do with owning Ben Shapiro? Who really gives a fuck during this point and time? I sure don't. "One time he said" is one of the most bs leftist purity tests there is. Cheering the dude on for owning Shapiro and making funny one liners is completely irrelevant to his support for Hungarian fascists. No one has the time for that kind of virtue signaling when we're all trying to enjoy the guy one up this mewling man baby.

This is the problem with leftism. Dude has a good interview and owns Shapiro. People pat dude on the back as if that means they support him, when really, they're just laughing at lil' Benny.

Leftists: But what about the time he supported fascists and supported the Iraq war?

Who cares.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1358 on: May 10, 2019, 06:30:06 PM »
"The mainstream media doesn't dare to debate!"

*mainstream media interviews*

"HALP HALP I'm being harassed!"
🤴

Himu

« Reply #1359 on: May 10, 2019, 06:32:24 PM »
"The mainstream media doesn't dare to debate!"

*mainstream media interviews*

"HALP HALP I'm being harassed!"

:rejoice

Favorite part is where he accuses him of money grabbing. Money grabbing via the BBC... :lol
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1360 on: May 10, 2019, 06:35:53 PM »
Stro went and googled him and found almost all of his terrible reactionary positions in the time you spent typing that up :rejoice

I'll be frank. I'm past the point of caring.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1361 on: May 10, 2019, 06:43:52 PM »
Those are not reactionary positions. Those were positions from a time when it was assumed the governments in democratic countries were at least telling some form of the truth.
Instutions such as governments, intelligence services, news media and banks were considered trustworthy.That illusion disolved quickly past 2008.
🤴

Himu

« Reply #1362 on: May 10, 2019, 06:48:54 PM »

Instutions such as governments, intelligence services, news media and banks were considered trustworthy.That illusion disolved quickly past 2008.

:sabu
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #1363 on: May 10, 2019, 06:50:18 PM »
Robert Baratheon lied to us!

:brazilcry

Himu

« Reply #1364 on: May 10, 2019, 06:53:02 PM »
intelligence institutions, governments;etc were NOT trusted widely before 2008. what made you come to the conclusion, nintex?
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1365 on: May 10, 2019, 06:55:29 PM »
You cannot deny that there is a difference between how people looked at government before the Iraq war and 2008 crash and after.
Trust in the institutions eroded.
🤴

Himu

« Reply #1366 on: May 10, 2019, 07:06:59 PM »
someone posts:

A normal person: Haha! Get him Obama!

A leftist: Haha Obama owned Trump in this video but did you guys know that he sent drones to arab nations that bombed innocent people using terrorist watch lists, expanded the deportation of illegal immigrants, and sold weapons to cartels in Mexico?

Normal person: In this context, who really gives a shit?

Leftist: But don't know you how twisted Obama is?!
IYKYK

BisMarckie

« Reply #1367 on: May 10, 2019, 07:15:17 PM »
That's a totally valid response to Obama going on a late night show acting like a regular celebrity?

Himu

« Reply #1368 on: May 10, 2019, 07:15:28 PM »
*someone posts Bill Maher*

A normal person: Haha, I don't like him but I think he made a good point!

A leftist fgt: But did you know that he said transphobic things before?! He is a transphobe!!

:idont

Don't care.
IYKYK

BisMarckie

« Reply #1369 on: May 10, 2019, 07:17:19 PM »
Bill Maher is a dude on TV who says dumb shit.

Obama promised to shut down Guantanamo.

See the difference?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 07:23:49 PM by KennyLoggins »

BisMarckie

« Reply #1370 on: May 10, 2019, 07:21:02 PM »
as an sjw i find characterizing bill maher as someone capable of entertaining very offensive  :maf

I already edited it bb, because I thought the same thing.  :-*

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1371 on: May 10, 2019, 07:22:17 PM »
Cindi reeeing :rejoice
Margs

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #1372 on: May 10, 2019, 07:25:16 PM »
normal people  :nope
spending your day off trawling the internet for info about the latest DSA shitstorm  :ohyeah

agrajag

« Reply #1373 on: May 10, 2019, 07:25:36 PM »
I think I'd rather watch a Conservative Comedy (TM) show than listen to Bill Maher for even 10 seconds. Just the worst.

here you go, bap bap bap

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL75B74ED15E990CB2

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #1374 on: May 10, 2019, 07:27:42 PM »
you, an idiot: Bill Maher is funny and makes good points

me, an intellectual:
https://twitter.com/SoellerPower/status/1125394120229388288

Kara

« Reply #1375 on: May 10, 2019, 07:28:49 PM »
 :nope giving a shit about what people with power do and how they're uncritically given mass media platforms

:ohyeah giving a shit about how the bad TV show with dragons doesn't live up to the bad books about dragons whose author can't even be arsed to finish them

BisMarckie

« Reply #1376 on: May 10, 2019, 07:43:13 PM »
With all the leftists here, I should change my name to BisMarckie to offer a much needed monarchist voice. :gopnik

BisMarckie

« Reply #1377 on: May 10, 2019, 07:56:27 PM »
Seeing national socialism and fascism lumped together. :jeanluc

They 👏 are 👏 not 👏 the 👏 same.

Do the differences really matter? lol no
but I wrote a paper about those differences once :smug

it was not very good though. :goty2

BisMarckie

« Reply #1378 on: May 10, 2019, 08:09:00 PM »
I could rewrite it with wrestling terms so you are able to understand it. :hulk