Author Topic: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo  (Read 609602 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo
« Reply #2160 on: August 01, 2019, 10:34:01 PM »
ya a drinky like is pretty high up there, MAF likes probably have accrued some interest on them too

etoliate likes probably are pretty valuable even if the market has been forced into scarcity by tyrant mods

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2161 on: August 01, 2019, 10:35:33 PM »
overall this thread comprises a major tranche in my like portfolio and i am inclined to prop it up with targeted microinvestments. key outperform assets include: MDRK, JAKE, KARA, ESCH. also helps manage risk versus BENJ and NNTX. filler junk likes are factored vs. overall returns -- pretty much standard op for thebire index.

edit: mods delist LDBY pls, quants see geometric penalties on future transactions
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 10:42:55 PM by Van Cruncheon »
duc

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #2162 on: August 01, 2019, 10:42:15 PM »
oh no, is this the beginning of like inflation

benjipwns

« Reply #2163 on: August 01, 2019, 10:45:47 PM »
who's going to be the first person to move physically closer to The Bire server to increase their abilities in the Like market?

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #2164 on: August 01, 2019, 10:46:50 PM »
who's going to be the first person to move physically closer to The Bire server to increase their abilities in the Like market?

autolike all function when, crash this market with no survivors

El Babua

« Reply #2165 on: August 01, 2019, 10:50:06 PM »
leadbelly is etiolate without the killer instinct smh

Oblivion

« Reply #2166 on: August 01, 2019, 10:56:19 PM »
oh no, is this the beginning of like inflation

beginning? nah, filler's been trying to dilute the purchasing power of like currency for years

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #2167 on: August 01, 2019, 10:57:20 PM »
ya a drinky like is pretty high up there

As previously stated by the bore heads of like economy: a drinky like is a U2 album mysteriously showing up in your playlist AKA worthless.

It’ll get you a handy at the dumpster behind Chuck E Cheez.
serge

agrajag

« Reply #2168 on: August 01, 2019, 10:57:29 PM »
there are some Bore posters notoriously stingy with likes, but I won't name names

:kermit

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2169 on: August 01, 2019, 11:00:30 PM »
can't fight fiat likes
duc

Oblivion

« Reply #2170 on: August 01, 2019, 11:02:07 PM »
filler likes are like paper cuts, everybody gets them regardless of status or whatever they were doing.

so like yang bux?

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #2171 on: August 01, 2019, 11:02:11 PM »
I will respond to you jake later.

I can't believe you scammed a like from jake by lying like that.

You should be ashamed of yourself. This is like fraud.

You people tempt me so much... Jakes pst was utterly irrelevant. I would have only been responding out of politeness.

:gurl

You knw curly, I do remember your post, and was going to let it lie, again, out of politeness, but you have brought it on yourself I guess.

I don't think you're a covert agent I just think your ideas are confused and your fetishism of rational debate is as much about staking out an identity as anyone (God I hate how the other side has no interest in logic, how they never engage in good faith). You have a child's understanding of ideas like liberalism and want us to engage with your childish caricatures of them which is tiresome as fuck.

My original post was about Noam Chomsky. I think it was Shosta who couldn't understand how I could use the term 'classical liberal' and Noam Chomsky in the same breath. So I explained it in simple language so that it could be easily understood and so not to dwell on it. The topic was not about liberalism.

I stated, 'to sum up in one sentence' essentially the essence of classical liberalism is individual freedom. From that develops a series of questions which in turn form a body of work on the subject. For instance questions surrounding state power and the role of the state in protecting individual freedom. Whether state coercion is ever justified. More to the point whether there should be a state altogther. In other words from that foundational principle we get a train of thought that ultimately leads to anarchism, or limited government. If individual freedom is a state of being which is in some sense the right of every man, then the state's power over the individual becomes suspect. This is actually more detailed than my original post, but just to make this clear.

Here's the thing: When someone says 'to sum up in one sentence' anyone with half a brain cell, you would think, could understand that they are intentionally simplifying it. The clue is, you know... 'to sum up in one sentence'. Summing anything up in one sentence can only ever be a simplification. Yet for some unknown reason, people like you seem to interpret that as, this one sentence is literally the entire breadth of liberal thought. As if when I open a text book, I am expecting that one sentence and then, 'the end' (lol). You can't be this dense surely? You seem not to understand basic words, like: to sum up; the essence of; the root of. Words that necessary qualifies a statement a certain way. We were not having a discussion on liberalism. And so when someone like Jake comes along and states shit like, 'you know there is a whole school of thought in liberalism' or 'liberalism is more nuanced than that', well... Yes. It. Is. It is utterly irrelevant and would have turned the discussion on a tangent. We were discussing Noam Chomsky for goodness sake.

What's worse though is what is implied by your post. If I only have a childlike understanding of liberalism and that it is not worth engaging, what is that suggesting about you? It is suggesting you have an expert understanding of liberalism and so engaging with me is beneath you. Yet, for some reason unbeknowest to me, you are contesting the fact that classical in essence IS about individual freedom. It is the 'root' of it. The foundational principle where all thought stems outward from. I can't for the life of me see why you would if you knew anything.

I mean... read this first sentence curly.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/terms/classical_liberalism.htm

This demonstrates something to me. You are reading my posts at a distance. You're not trying to get the point I am making you are looking for something to get me on. I don't actually think you're as dense as you seem. What I actually think is you were looking for something as a point of contest. It was a short post of me explaining why I associated Noam with Classical liberalism. WHat it was not was an indepth conversation on liberalism. I was not writing an essay on liberalism. So why then do you make it such? Well, I think I know...

Dude this whole post is you making a million inferences and creating a whole psychological profile about your opponents based on the thinnest of evidence! The exact thing you've been complaining about this whole fucking time!

Anyway the point in contention is whether summing up liberalism in a short sentence is a worthwhile and possible endeavor at all, which Jake pretty convincingly shows is not.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #2172 on: August 01, 2019, 11:03:58 PM »
I think the economy should be based on something like a Willco like standard. He’s never coming back so there’s a finite amount, but he distributed them freely enough in his day that they may serve as a substitute for something like gold.
serge

agrajag

« Reply #2173 on: August 01, 2019, 11:07:46 PM »
this is why I took my talents to Twitter, much easier to farm hundreds of likes without breaking a sweat. I suspect that's what Besada was doing.

benjipwns

« Reply #2174 on: August 01, 2019, 11:15:50 PM »
I think the economy should be based on something like a Willco like standard. He’s never coming back so there’s a finite amount, but he distributed them freely enough in his day that they may serve as a substitute for something like gold.
I think he was long gone before the admins crumbled in the face of the people and added likes.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2175 on: August 01, 2019, 11:21:20 PM »
I'm not saying you are. Just don't give me the crap that it has nothing to do with heterodox opinions.

"lots of people make posts about how I'm wrong, but it's only because I'm expressing ideas they believe are wrong!"

really makes u think
I'm reminded of ET's "what I say is dangerous to your worldview, so you reject it" spiel. :aah

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #2176 on: August 01, 2019, 11:22:43 PM »
this is why I took my talents to Twitter, much easier to farm hundreds of likes without breaking a sweat. I suspect that's what Besada was doing.

counterfeit op 

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2177 on: August 01, 2019, 11:38:45 PM »
ETLT likes are priceless  :pimp

BisMarckie

« Reply #2178 on: August 01, 2019, 11:43:39 PM »
I tried to free us from the like economy. I was like Solidus Snake, but then the Patriots CORRUPT MODS removed the incognito like feature.  :maf

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2179 on: August 02, 2019, 12:56:55 AM »
do you think it's possible for one of these tests to ever not have at least one question that you wonder what it's even supposed to mean or what it has to do with the eventual measures?
Like twitch policies, it's left intentionally vague so they can ban you later

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2180 on: August 02, 2019, 01:11:40 AM »
filler likes are like paper cuts, everybody gets them regardless of status or whatever they were doing.
filler likes are like recreational drugs, if you're living solely off them you're probably in the dark place, used responsibly they are euphoric  :ohyeah

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #2181 on: August 02, 2019, 02:42:05 AM »
filler likes are like recreational drugs, if you're living solely off them you're probably in the dark place, used responsibly they are euphoric  :ohyeah

not trusting anything filler is bringing

Oblivion

« Reply #2182 on: August 02, 2019, 03:48:22 AM »
ok now that the vile knave, leadbelly has finally been vanquished, let's get back to wanking dad(s):

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1156903708816527360

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2183 on: August 02, 2019, 01:20:51 PM »
Last Active: 09-07-2019, 09:38:14

Noteworthy profile text:
"Take me back to 2004 when the world was saner."

:lol

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2184 on: August 02, 2019, 05:52:15 PM »
I want the ability to boo posts.
dog

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #2185 on: August 02, 2019, 11:39:21 PM »
Last Active: 09-07-2019, 09:38:14

Noteworthy profile text:
"Take me back to 2004 when the world was saner."

:lol

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=34032.msg2348383#msg2348383

I'm going to share something batshit crazy with you all since I feel like we're starting to gel now - and something ive been thinking about for a long time that I feel I need to get off my chest and random strangers on the internet is the best to do this because i would get laughed at irl.

I helped Maria sharapova win wimbledon 2004.

I was a young sad, lonely 14 year old boy. I lived with my grandparents, who were out all day, so that meant I got to steal the livingroom tv which had cable at the time. I was never a tennis fan, but flicking through the channels the live feed for the wimbledon match sharapova vs williams came on - when I saw sharapova I had a crush instantly, and learned she was 17, not much older than me ! :o

I dont know what came over me, I started shouting at the tv, as if I was trying to speak to her directly. I was keeping her updated on the scores ( so she could focus and not be distracted by looking away), reassuring her whenever she made a fumble, going nuts when she won a point, and generally giving her moral support the whole time.

By the end, Maria did amazing and won. From her focus to the stupid hints i tried to leave to test to see if she could actually hear me or not - I was pretty convinced she could hear me the whole time. I did something really sad, i recognise that now, so please dont laugh too much. I told her my name, and slowly told her my phoned number over and over  (i had a mobile back then).  Could not fucking believe my eyes, after hugging her dad, she does a b-line for her phone! Any rational person would think shes going to call someone shes close to but is not there - like her mum, but 14-year old me, especially after seeing he spend a randomly long amount of time fiddling with her phone before trying to make a call - obviously thought she was putting in my number.

So, I did one more test...

I told her "You can thank me if you want, but please dont say my name" - just before she was about to commence the post-match interview. Obviously in moments like these, the winner likes to remind everyone who helped them by shouting them out as thank. I know you're not going to believe me when I say this, but this is 100% fact. At the very end of that list of thank yous, she said " And I want to thank one more person, i wont say who you are, but you know who you are". I know right?

WHAT THE FUCK?[/color][/glow][/b]

So the show ended, and I was left in a state of disbelief. I sat there looking at my phone, no notifications. Was I being an actual dumb fuck? I went into my room to play some melee and fall asleep. I thought about it for a few days after, but then life took over and a few weeks passed and I was on holiday at my grandparents caravan up north.

My grandparents were out to the market so I thought - being alone, I would chill with some burnout 3. As I was playing, my mobile - which was in my left pocket - went off. Someone was calling, as I pull the phone out my pocket, I quickly read the screen. It's an unknown number, but its weird, it doesnt look like a UK number. Back then, mobile numbers were not so spammed by telemarketers as they were landlines, and websites werent so desperate to try get as much personal info as possible. So really the only people who had my number were my family and friends from school. Plus it wasnt a company or premium number either, I cant remember what it looked like, but best guess would be a foreign area code.

When I saw that foreign number, my heart stopped, the thought of it actually being Maria Sharapova lasted for about half a second before my mind was dominated with "what if someone near by heard you back then, and is playing a prank on you? you were pretty loud.", but i couldn't not answer it, right?

So I answered the call, put it to my ear, "Hello is this Greg?" in a motherfucking russian accent. But it didnt sound exactly like her on the tv, so I was like nah fuck this shit mentally me response was rather aggressive "what is this a fucking prank? FUCK OFF". And hung up.

That was the only time that number ever called me.

In the years to follow, I wouldnt think about it so much, just from time to time. I've always pinned it as a prank, but I just can't help but think, really? I mean, it was a foreign number, and I lived next to an elderly couple and family gang house who knew nothing about technology. Anything past those houses you wouldnt have heard me clearly enough, and anyway, if it was a prank, would they really have given up after one try after going to all that effort?

I just dont fucking know man, what if, y'know?

There used to be a video on youtube of the full match with the post match interview, but its gone I think. When I find it, I will update this story, so if you have doubts that my intentions behind this post are genuine, hopefully you will see how this story fits into place. So far the best I could I find is a clip of her going for her phone (but this really lacks context of the whole event) and an interview where she tries to over explain being on her phone for so long by forgetting her mum would be on a flight at that time - but no - I want you to see the actual event.

:hans1
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #2186 on: August 02, 2019, 11:47:11 PM »
I want the ability to boo posts.

I want the ability to poo posts
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 01:46:21 PM by agrajag »

Oblivion

agrajag

« Reply #2188 on: August 06, 2019, 01:46:47 PM »
 :brain

agrajag

« Reply #2189 on: August 06, 2019, 05:15:09 PM »

shosta

« Reply #2190 on: August 06, 2019, 05:23:12 PM »
reminds me of

每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #2191 on: August 06, 2019, 06:16:37 PM »

YouTuber Steven Crowder set up one of his “Change My Mind” panels outside of the White House Monday and asked people to change his mind that President Donald Trump is not a racist.

Chaos ensued when an aggressive anti-Trump protester sat down at his table to discuss the topic. The protester refused to leave at Crowder’s request and prompted security to step in and physically remove him.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2192 on: August 08, 2019, 08:20:37 AM »

YouTuber Steven Crowder set up one of his “Change My Mind” panels outside of the White House Monday and asked people to change his mind that President Donald Trump is not a racist.

Chaos ensued when an aggressive anti-Trump protester sat down at his table to discuss the topic. The protester refused to leave at Crowder’s request and prompted security to step in and physically remove him.
Jesus Christ sure has let himself go

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2193 on: August 08, 2019, 04:56:42 PM »
Racism doesn’t exist, it’s all a Jewish conspiracy. :brain
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2194 on: August 08, 2019, 05:02:46 PM »
 :piss :larry :piss2

Oblivion

« Reply #2195 on: August 08, 2019, 05:43:23 PM »
So the skull measuring enthusiasts at quillette had some guy who claimed he was a marxist-leninist to concern troll about how the DSA sucks and all, but it was so obviously fake that everyone mocked it six ways from sunday. apparently it got bad enough that quillette decided to suppress the man's first amendment rights quietly pull it from their website:

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1159570826154430465

Oblivion

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2197 on: August 09, 2019, 07:36:32 AM »
can't fight fiat likes

What about Hyundai ones?

agrajag

« Reply #2198 on: August 09, 2019, 07:19:40 PM »

Oblivion

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #2200 on: August 09, 2019, 08:14:22 PM »
Whenever an authority figure says something about taking "full responsibility" without any material consequences, I just imagine Michael Scott yelling "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!"

Oblivion

« Reply #2201 on: August 09, 2019, 10:59:34 PM »
Yeah, it's the PR equivalent of 'thoughts and prayers'.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2202 on: August 10, 2019, 12:31:01 PM »
Putting this here:  This guy was a very well known name in speech recognition

https://www.wbal.com/article/404440/127/professor-fired-over-confrontation-with-protesting-students
http://danielpovey.com/leaving.html

What I do find very odd, though, is that any straight white male would buy into it. It's the same as if a gay Jew were to join the Nazi party and begin endlessly apologizing for his ancestors having lent money to Aryans at too-high rates of interest; and agreeing that he needs to recognize his "problematic Jewishness" and "toxic homosexuality", stop talking, and make space for Aryan voices to be heard. He might even take pride in having acknowledged the uniquely cancerous and exploitative nature of the Jewish people, despite being one himself. So is this person virtuous, or is he just too-easily manipulated? You decide.

He was also well known to be batshit. 

shosta

« Reply #2203 on: August 10, 2019, 05:04:08 PM »
Cindi, I think you have some ideas mixed up. Libertarianism is about deleting your Facebook and joining a Mastodon server so you can buy loli porn with bitcoin

like clockwork
每天生气

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2204 on: August 11, 2019, 06:35:26 PM »
Did you read Settlers?
©@©™

shosta

每天生气

agrajag

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #2207 on: August 12, 2019, 01:22:56 AM »
tfw too smart for reality

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2208 on: August 12, 2019, 03:38:26 AM »
The djinn did it

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2209 on: August 12, 2019, 09:42:01 AM »
©@©™

Oblivion

« Reply #2210 on: August 13, 2019, 04:52:33 PM »
becoming a fan of karl marx for all the wrong reasons to own the libs:

https://twitter.com/clairlemon/status/1160737386776522752

Oblivion

shosta

« Reply #2212 on: August 13, 2019, 07:49:18 PM »
Ok i saw that today and what I really want to know is why @getfiscal is retweeting benjamin pwns
每天生气

Oblivion

« Reply #2213 on: August 13, 2019, 08:21:43 PM »
is that really benji?

cause shit, i'm jealous. the highest number of likes i've gotten on twitter was a mere 500

agrajag

« Reply #2214 on: August 13, 2019, 08:57:22 PM »
aren't we all benji, really?

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #2215 on: August 14, 2019, 09:47:53 AM »
Are there any rightists that don't whine about leftists all day?
©ZH

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2217 on: August 15, 2019, 04:29:49 AM »
Every subreddit founded on circlejerk or counter-circlejerk is pure trash.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2218 on: August 15, 2019, 04:49:12 AM »
Every subreddit founded on circlejerk or counter-circlejerk is pure trash.

Well, except our own shit thread, obviously.
ὕβρις

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2219 on: August 15, 2019, 04:51:57 AM »
Naturally 😰