Poll

Answer

Yes
40 (58.8%)
No
28 (41.2%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: Should Assy McGee be banned for a week to give him time to read a Daddy P book?  (Read 51361 times)

Tasty

Did I miss something or is Assy's latest excuse really "I can't read it because Daddy P said it's a difficult read"?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Did I miss something or is Assy's latest excuse really "I can't read it because Daddy P said it's a difficult read"?
Didn't i already say i was going to do maps of meaning or 12 steps?

Tasty

Did you? I was honestly asking. I've been on a July 4th bender that's extending to the 5th.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB

serge

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*

What's the correlation between depression and nihilism and enjoying gross ass shit?  >:(

TVC15

What's the correlation between depression and nihilism and enjoying gross ass shit?  >:(

Do you have any examples other than me?
serge

warcock

YES I FOUND IT. YT took the full long version now but someone posted a highlights version.

TVC15

Warcock, would you describe yourself as depressed or a nihilist?
serge

warcock

Depressed. Got a DX of of OCD so my brain is wired funny. OCD responds well to SSRIs but i don't want to dose therapeutically because i enjoy being angry and hopeless. Maybe i'm actually driven by nihilism.  ??? ??? ???

This is contingent on the assumption that the initial psychiatrist made the right call. I ran into a family practitioner whom i asked if she believed in the the plasticity of interpretation of DSM criteria and she said no. I have a hard time buying that. Very hard.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
Anecdotal shit that should be ignored: I found the dry sauna helpful (temperature at over 190 degrees).

A 2016 study published in JAMA, found that a single whole-body hyperthermia produced a significant antidepressant effect in people with major depressive disorder compared to control.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27172277

Inflammation is higher in depressed individuals, even controlling for other factors. Studies where subjects were injected with pro-inflammatory cytokines have been shown to cause depressive symptoms. A burst of inflammation through exercise or whole-body hyperthermia decreases chronic inflammation, thus possibly decreasing symptoms of depression. 

Sauna also increases BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) production, which is also linked with depression. Some people believe that the anti-depressant effects of drugs comes from their ability to raise BDNF.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26519901

team filler

• filler
  • filler

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
Depressed. Got a DX of of OCD so my brain is wired funny. OCD responds well to SSRIs but i don't want to dose therapeutically because i enjoy being angry and hopeless. Maybe i'm actually driven by nihilism.  ??? ??? ???

breh, you have ocd too :'(

my brain is often times "cloudy" due to the way its hardwired but i've grown way too accustomed to the all highs and lows that hits hard once that fog clears so i refuse to be on any dosage

self medication though :drool

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
You all are fucked up, knew it.

The only problems i have is i'm addicted to booty, literally obsessed with fat juicy booty. It practically ruins my life.   :goty2

Flannel Boy

• Icon
If being addicted to the booty is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Don't put the booty on a pedestal.
©ZH

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
If being addicted to the booty is wrong, I don't want to be right.
Only that it ruins relationships. My gf now doesn't have the level of booty i tend to require. So when a nice booty walks by my eyes dart straight to it and i start to salivate. It's almost impossible to hide it from her. 

I'm currently scouting a personal trainer to get her in the right form. It's going to cost $$ but what am i to do?   :trumps

:ufup

stfu

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Why would I want to block the booty?

Flannel Boy

• Icon

Only that it ruins relationships. My gf now doesn't have the level of booty i tend to require. So when a nice booty walks by my eyes dart straight to it and i start to salivate. It's almost impossible to hide it from her. 

Just because you're on a diet, doesn't mean you can't look at the menu.

warcock

breh, you have ocd too :'(

my brain is often times "cloudy" due to the way its hardwired but i've grown way too accustomed to the all highs and lows that hits hard once that fog clears so i refuse to be on any dosage

self medication though :drool

DSM is pretty clear on therapeutic intervention, pharmacological or otherwise. If you feel functional and are relatively well you don't need treatment. I went through a bad spell and initiated, i'm still on it because i'm too lazy and busy to stop. You got no hinderances just keep doing  you.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Gotta get a girl who enjoys looking at booty with you.
Yeah, that doesn't help (though she's more of a melon-felon). She can look all she wants, but as soon as I do, it's "wooahhhhh!" Worse, she argued her freebie list should be twice as long as mine (to include both men and women).

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Sounds like a ditzy broad, swerve.
每天生气

Flannel Boy

• Icon

shosta

每天生气

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
You gonna read one of those stupid books or not?
dog

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
You gonna read one of those stupid books or not?
No one picked? The poll should be for either Maps of Meaning or 12 steps.

Mandark

• Icon
12 steps is a self help book for teens.

Maps of Meaning or bust.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
He prob needs 12 Steps more tbh
Hilariously ironic considering most of you clearly do.

12 steps is a self help book for teens.

Maps of Meaning or bust.
Maps will most likely be a grind  :-\

curly

• cultural maoist
50 votes?  :o We must be nearing a 100% participation rate

agrajag

the momentum swings in this poll tho

curly

• cultural maoist
Lazy mods still haven't removed my vote  :maf

Mandark

• Icon

Kris Kobach tried to warn us about this.

Tasty

I haven't voted yet fwiw.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Will this be the first poll we actually take seriously. I;m not ready to be disappointed again.

We'll see what happens. :trumps
dog

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*

Tasttyyyyyyy, we coo right?

:ohyou

agrajag

It's only a week, bucko

Tasty

Tasttyyyyyyy, we coo right?

:ohyou

Send nudes

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I didn't vote
[close]

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
It's only a week, bucko

A real player would take the ban and read the book anyway.

curly

• cultural maoist

curly

• cultural maoist

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
When you fools have something legitimate on the guy then i'll read the book. How about that?

agrajag

When you fools have something legitimate on the guy then i'll read the book. How about that?

:banplz

agrajag

You're being a sore loser but I don't blame you, nobody wants to be forced to read a dumb Daddy P book.

ftfy

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*

You're being a sore loser but I don't blame you, nobody wants to be forced to read a Daddy P book.
I mean it's not like you guys crushed him in anyway?

The only thing you guys have is "derp he talks about dragons" like ok? It says right there in the outline of his book, and a ton of his lectures that he investigates the connection between values and meaning from myths and beliefs.

I've never understood the scandal, so what's the purpose in reading the book?

agrajag

You're being a sore loser but I don't blame you, nobody wants to be forced to read a Daddy P book.
I mean it's not like you guys crushed him in anyway?

The only thing you guys have is "derp he talks about dragons" like ok? It says right there in the outline of his book, and a ton of his lectures that he investigates the connection between values and meaning from myths and beliefs.

I've never understood the scandal, so what's the purpose in reading the book?

It's pseudo-science.

Mandark

• Icon
Come on, guys. I don't believe any of his bullshit about mythical archetypes or genetic memory. You know this. I know this. Why make it difficult on me? I was just trying to have some fun on the internet and now you want me to read a book? By a guy even I think is an idiot? For what? For why?

I admire your honesty and vulnerability.

shosta

At least assimilate can have a little fun and we can all laugh at the end. As far as I can tell Optimus just screams until he passes out.
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

Ok, Dogbot. It's been shown he won't read the book. Perma, please.

eleuin

• perennial loser
If TheBore doesn't adhere to the principles of Democracy, then why are we still here? Just to suffer?

curly

• cultural maoist

you're a worse campaigner than hillary clinton

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
If TheBore doesn't adhere to the principles of Democracy, then why are we still here? Just to suffer?

men have been known to take pleasure in their suffering

Tasty

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
(Image removed from quote.)

I prefer it when people use real intellectuals in this meme. Makes it funnier.

Tasty

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator

We’re leaving Assy unbanned to own the libs.
©@©™