Poll

Answer

Yes
40 (58.8%)
No
28 (41.2%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: Should Assy McGee be banned for a week to give him time to read a Daddy P book?  (Read 51627 times)

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
If TheBore doesn't adhere to the principles of Democracy, then why are we still here? Just to suffer?

We’re leaving Assy unbanned to own the libs.

Admit that this is the real reason Peterson triggers you all. He keeps owning and no one has taken him down. Admit it

You've guys had both a well known black professor, and a well known female english reporter taken a swipe and they both got fucking annihilated. Not to mention the various trans folk he's embarrassed...who is left?
 :jawalrus

seagrams hotsauce

kingv

(Image removed from quote.)

Imagine giving this guy $200/month to tell you to clean your room.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

Fairy tales having some sort of moral behind them and pulling from real life to come up with fiction ain't nothing new

Half of the brother's Grimm work basically comes down to, try not to get raped in the woods. Which might actually be one of the 12 steps. I haven't read 15 pages of that one yet.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
1. Stand up straight with your shoulders back
2. Treat yourself like someone you are responsible for helping
3. Make friends with people who want the best for you
4. Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today
5. Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them
6. Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world
7. Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient)
8. Tell the truth – or, at least, don't lie
9. Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you don't
10. Be precise in your speech
11. Do not bother children when they are skateboarding
12. Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street
Happiness is a pointless goal. Don’t compare yourself with other people, compare yourself with who you were yesterday. No one gets away with anything, ever, so take responsibility for your own life. You conjure your own world, not only metaphorically but also literally and neurologically. These lessons are what the great stories and myths have been telling us since civilisation began.
Bill Jamieson, in a joint review with Steven Pinker's Enlightenment Now for The Scotsman, praised the essays for being "richly illustrated and packed with excellent advice on how we can restore meaning and a sense of progression to our everyday lives", describing both books as "verbal waterboarding for supporters of big government".

David Brooks of The New York Times argued that "The Peterson way is a harsh way, but it is an idealistic way – and for millions of young men, it turns out to be the perfect antidote to the cocktail of coddling and accusation in which they are raised"

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/975941537619107840

benjipwns

Yes, those are the 12 Rules for Life.

benjipwns

These illiterate morons all read it, DUE TO A BET, yet Assimilate can't read something shorter? :thinking

edit: 16:45 for where they start talking about the actual book (and a bit of Maps for Meaning) instead of Peterson in general

spoiler (click to show/hide)
key segment?
[close]
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 08:41:41 AM by benjipwns »

agrajag

Anton LaVey's 11 rules were better

benjipwns

Anton LaVey's 11 rules were better
looks like some social studies warrior idpol lie-btard bullshit to me

benjipwns

Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
:yuck cultural marxism :yuck

nachobro

• Live Más
the mating signal
:mouf

agrajag

Complains about masculinity being destroyed and often speaks of women having a strong need and desire to be dominated by powerful males

Also tells people never to make a sexual advance unless the Batsignal has been lit

Make up your mind, binch

Those were from the dark prince LaVey

benjipwns

why won't LeVay debate Peterson? why are all of Peterson's foes such cowards?

agrajag

Can we have a LaVey thread? I'll be honest, I don't know mich about the guy except that his name would occasionally come up in atheism debates on newsgroups back in the day. But I would love for us to delve into his teachings together. From what I understand he was basically an atheist with a gothlord twist. If anyone, I have complete faith that Benji is sitting on a warchest of extensive Church of Satan trivia.

warcock

Should i display my mating signal reception ratio/percentage on my tinder profile?

MS initiated 0.02
MS Completed 0.000000

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
I like how the 12 steps that make sense are basically repackaged stuff from Marcus Aurelius' Meditations.

agrajag

What would be the Roman Empire equivalent of skaters?

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Kids in homemade carts?

benjipwns

What would be the Roman Empire equivalent of skaters?
Not to feel exasperated or defeated or despondent because your days aren't packed with wise and moral actions. But to get back up when you fail, to celebrate behaving like a human—however imperfectly—and fully embrace the pursuit you've embarked on.

benjipwns

A cucumber is bitter. Throw it away. There are briars in the road. Turn aside from them. This is enough. Do not add, "And why were such things made in the world?"

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
I have complete faith that Benji is sitting on a warchest of extensive Church of Satan trivia.

same

agrajag

you're an edgelord

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Is that the title you get when you mastered the art of edging?

agrajag

yes.

Dogmod, Brazil got banned from the World Cup and Assy already threw his special fellow tantrum over that, and he won't read the book, time to do the deed

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*

yes.

Dogmod, Brazil got banned from the World Cup and Assy already threw his special fellow tantrum over that, and he won't read the book, time to do the deed
I need Daddy P's soothing fatherly voice springing me forward and out of this depression now. I just purchased the 12 steps audiobook.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
JP's speaking is only good when it's ad lib. Whenever he reads something he wrote, it sounds stilted and awkward because he doesn't rehearse.
每天生气

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
JP's speaking is only good when it's ad lib. Whenever he reads something he wrote, it sounds stilted and awkward because he doesn't rehearse.
don't tell me that. i'm sure he put effort into his own audiobook for fuck sakes

shosta

每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
No one picked? The poll should be for either Maps of Meaning or 12 steps.

12 steps is a self help book for teens.

Maps of Meaning or bust.

Maps will most likely be a grind  :-\

I just purchased the 12 steps audiobook.

lmao

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
i'm not sure what you're saying

Mandark

• Icon
This thread would probably be one of the more inscrutable ones to outsiders.

"So there's a poster, he really likes this one author. Always talking about how smart the guy is, defending him, talking about how you really need to know this guy's body of work to understand his ideas. Says that this author has changed the way he sees religion, stuff like that."

"Sounds like a really big fan."

"Exactly. So there's a thread where the rest of the forum is bullying into reading one of the guy's books. He's resisting pretty hard though. Hates the idea."

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
This thread would probably be one of the more inscrutable ones to outsiders.

"So there's a poster, he really likes this one author. Always talking about how smart the guy is, defending him, talking about how you really need to know this guy's body of work to understand his ideas. Says that this author has changed the way he sees religion, stuff like that."

"Sounds like a really big fan."

"Exactly. So there's a thread where the rest of the forum is bullying into reading one of the guy's books. He's resisting pretty hard though. Hates the idea."

:pitbull

Tasty

No one picked? The poll should be for either Maps of Meaning or 12 steps.

12 steps is a self help book for teens.

Maps of Meaning or bust.

Maps will most likely be a grind  :-\

I just purchased the 12 steps audiobook.

lmao

Life comes at you fast.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator

Can we have a LaVey thread? I'll be honest, I don't know mich about the guy except that his name would occasionally come up in atheism debates on newsgroups back in the day. But I would love for us to delve into his teachings together. From what I understand he was basically an atheist with a gothlord twist. If anyone, I have complete faith that Benji is sitting on a warchest of extensive Church of Satan trivia.

He was essentially an r/atheist edgelord who worshipped Satan to troll christians.

The end.

I bet he never even read any of Satan's books.
©@©™

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
i'm not sure what you're saying

Must be the word filter;  giant dad lib giant dad lib?

Giant dad = man who watches his girl get boned.
That's what it's called? I thought it was called getting cucked or something?

agrajag

Giant dad = cluck
Made into a giant dad = clucked

:birb

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
ooh. it's word filtered.

this fucking dogmod yo geez 

i'm slow tonight, drunk, depressed, getting a cold. :goty2

Mandark

• Icon
Sounds like you should curl up with a good book.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
i am, an audiobook. Daddy P will up my spirits.

And pizza

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

kingv

He was essentially an r/atheist edgelord who worshipped Satan to troll christians.

The end.

I bet he never even read any of Satan's books.

Everybody has read Catcher in the Rye.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

i'm slow tonight, drunk, depressed, getting a cold. :goty2

One of us! One of us! Gooba gobble! Gooba gobble!

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
He’s doing a fucking audiobook? You should ban him just for that. That’s pretty pathetic.
serge

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

And pizza

It's been 12 hours. At least give us a Chapter 1 report. :doge

TVC15

And pizza

It's been 12 hours. At least give us a Chapter 1 report. :doge

Nah. Sorry girl. Don’t validate this charade. Anyone that’s read a book and listened to an audiobook will tell you that they aren’t nearly equivalent. Assy needs to read a book, like the thread title says, or he gets banned until he gives us a full 2500 word book report on -any- book over 300 pages.  Don’t let this piece of shit take advantage of our kindness.
serge

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
#bantvcforbeingacrybaby

TVC15

Fuck off shit head. I hope you get hit by a car and go full Schiavo and live the rest of your days in Florida.
serge

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Fuck off shit head. I hope you get hit by a car and go full Schiavo and live the rest of your days in Florida.

:oreilly

damn bro. harsh

TVC15

I’m only tough because I know you can be better.
serge

shosta

there's nothing fun about this thread, there was never anything fun about this thread, the premise is now stale and has devolved into never-ending harassment. Some of you might find this ironic because of the :beak stuff but there is such a thing as "being better" than someone else. Just let the dude save face and lock the thread.
每天生气

benjipwns

there's nothing fun about this thread, there was never anything fun about this thread, the premise is now stale and has devolved into never-ending harassment. Some of you might find this ironic because of the :beak stuff but there is such a thing as "being better" than someone else. Just let the dude save face and lock the thread.
VOTER SUPPRESSION TACTICS

Nabbis

• oops
I can't read this shit and i mostly post in the distinguished mentally-challenged fellow thread.  :doge The Bore has gone too far.

thisismyusername

No. I want him to read the goddamn book (it's 46 pages!) and report back.

Mandark

• Icon
I’m only tough because I know you can be better.

Can he tho

This has all the makings of a Very Special Episode of The Bore.

You've got Assimilate as the archetypal bully (and even filler as his weaselly sidekick). He already has several posts where he hints that his behavior is the result of persistent unhappiness and dissatisfaction with his offline life.

The big turn is going to come when we find out that he's illiterate, and that the shame he's been carrying with him makes him lash out. Then we all band together to help him learn to read and to value himself without needing to tear down others.

The question is when we get to the montage sequence where we're teaching him to read, what music do we set it to? I vote something earnest and 2000's-y, like Coldplay or Pink.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Then how do i reply on the bore if i can't read?

:confused

autisty logic

:nintendo

guys he's illiterate 

agrajag

text to speech you dumb biatch

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
I'll read the book and report back.

I went ahead and purchased Maps of Meaning as well.

So far the only thing this thread has done is put money in Daddy P's pocket and have others that have no interest in him read his work.

Dogmod is a Peterson shill

:clap

thisismyusername

So far the only thing this thread has done is put money in Daddy P's pocket and have others that have no interest in him read his work.

But was this your plan all along? :thinking

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*

etoilet set the plan in motion. 

I mean, where do you think he got all those pics of starving dead children? :omg

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator

Wow, looks like you guys all took the bait. Here comes another dump truck full of L's for Mandark.
©@©™