Poll

Answer

Yes
40 (58.8%)
No
28 (41.2%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: Should Assy McGee be banned for a week to give him time to read a Daddy P book?  (Read 51688 times)

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
serge

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
I am voting "no" to ban assimilate. But I also decided to read this book tonight, and I am hoping Assimilate will do the same. It is my first introduction to Peter Daddy (never even watched one of his videos) and I have to say, it is pretty rough going so far. I haven't gotten very far yet, but I did come upon this paragraph that I hope speaks to assimilate, and encourages him to read the book instead of avoiding it.

The individual threatened by chaos can merely refuse to look, can step away, and avoid. Such refusal is as simple as “not doing.” This is not active repression, full processing followed by effortful forget-ting. Not doing, not attending, is instead the default position (Peterson,1999)—a sin of omission, not commission. The brain circuits that mediate fear do not respond so well to omission and avoidance, how-ever. They are hard-wired and single-minded, and they scan the environment for everything unknown and threatening (Gray &McNaughton, 2003). They facilitate alertness and preparation for action. Because their job is so important, they cannot be fooled. The un-act of avoiding, much like the act of running away, is definition as much as behavior. If it cannot even be looked at, if it must be made distant, then it must be more dangerous than everything else, previously encountered and mastered. To avoid, to run away, is therefore to label the threat unmanageable, de facto, and the self unworthy. Once a threat, minor in its first manifestation, has been amplified in importance by the act of avoidance, it becomes increas-ingly able to elicit outright panic. It is in this manner that small problems transform themselves into disasters.

WDW

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
I posted this in the original wank dad thread

:bolo

No one read that shit tho.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
OMG Assimilate, there is a sentence about a dragon having an ugly beak. :omg :omg :omg   MUST READ
WDW

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
OMG Assimilate, there is a sentence about a dragon having an ugly beak. :omg :omg :omg   MUST READ

:thinking

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
For the record- Assy is the easiest decision I've ever made for ignoring someone on here. Kosma I'll still click all of his posts to see them, but he has to stay on ignore until he's no longer a blind fanboy. Even JayDubya I will usually click on his posts just in the off chance he ever posts anything as butt fuckingly stupid as insisting that "natural rights exist because they do." Assy tho? No urge to see what he has to say because he's just 100% a troll with no interesting or redeeming qualities. Who cares?

I mean, I still voted to ban him, though. If only because then filler won't have anyone's posts to like.
yar

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
Big Mood

"This is absolutely a terrible thing I am looking at, yet I can do it!”
WDW

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Who is Daddy P?

Sean “Puffy” Combs

Some hip hop fans consider him a joke, but songs like this were pretty good

Also, that beat is fire. He probably stole it from somewhere, but it's fire nonetheless.

great album

spoiler (click to show/hide)

:'(
[close]

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
For the record- Assy is the easiest decision I've ever made for ignoring someone on here. Kosma I'll still click all of his posts to see them, but he has to stay on ignore until he's no longer a blind fanboy. Even JayDubya I will usually click on his posts just in the off chance he ever posts anything as butt fuckingly stupid as insisting that "natural rights exist because they do." Assy tho? No urge to see what he has to say because he's just 100% a troll with no interesting or redeeming qualities. Who cares?

I mean, I still voted to ban him, though. If only because then filler won't have anyone's posts to like.
My god can this wuss be anymore triggered? I don't even know who he is

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
just some creepy old guy

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
LOL, found a typo

How should sense me made of the order, the hierarchical order, represented by the merger of dozens or hun-dreds of tribes, over great spans of time?—

nerf Marduk
[close]
WDW

TVC15

My god can this wuss be anymore triggered? I don't even know who he is

serge

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
I am voting "no" to ban assimilate. But I also decided to read this book tonight, and I am hoping Assimilate will do the same. It is my first introduction to Peter Daddy (never even watched one of his videos) and I have to say, it is pretty rough going so far. I haven't gotten very far yet, but I did come upon this paragraph that I hope speaks to assimilate, and encourages him to read the book instead of avoiding it.

The individual threatened by chaos can merely refuse to look, can step away, and avoid. Such refusal is as simple as “not doing.” This is not active repression, full processing followed by effortful forget-ting. Not doing, not attending, is instead the default position (Peterson,1999)—a sin of omission, not commission. The brain circuits that mediate fear do not respond so well to omission and avoidance, how-ever. They are hard-wired and single-minded, and they scan the environment for everything unknown and threatening (Gray &McNaughton, 2003). They facilitate alertness and preparation for action. Because their job is so important, they cannot be fooled. The un-act of avoiding, much like the act of running away, is definition as much as behavior. If it cannot even be looked at, if it must be made distant, then it must be more dangerous than everything else, previously encountered and mastered. To avoid, to run away, is therefore to label the threat unmanageable, de facto, and the self unworthy. Once a threat, minor in its first manifestation, has been amplified in importance by the act of avoidance, it becomes increas-ingly able to elicit outright panic. It is in this manner that small problems transform themselves into disasters.

I thought he wrote the book to solve the Cold War...but citations are from 1999 and 2003?

I actually just hit a weird non-sequitur paragraph that mentioned both communism and fascism but the next few paragraphs he starts talking about Mesopotamian emperors/kings (he uses both interchangeably) performing rituals where they are stripped of their "emblems of power" and tell the high priest that they are innocent and true followers of Marduk.  :doge

I just ctrl+f'd communism and came up with 1 match :goty
WDW

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Someone fell on the sword. Ok, time to perma Assy, Dogbot.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
Dang, after this ritual the Mesopotamian King gets a mime show and is mated to a ritual prostitute, sounds pretty sweet.
WDW

benjipwns

gotta sit through a mime show and are mated to a "ritual" prostitute :donot

not to mention gotta be a "true follower" of cowardly Mandurk :jeanluc
[close]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

TVC15

Is that the lead in to redistribution of pussy?

I want you to be my ritual prostitute. You could slip a grapefruit in me without touching the rim by the time you’re done.
serge

benjipwns

I thought he wrote the book to solve the Cold War...but citations are from 1999 and 2003?
oh, so you want him to use outdated information to solve the Cold War rather than information after it's over?!?

he finished his PhD in 1991, so he was a little late to get into solving the Cold War
[close]

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
Ok, this sentence legit made me laugh, didn't realize Peter daddy had jokes

He was the founder of the Egyptian state, from the mytho-logical perspective—an individual like Romulus or Remus, in the case of Rome (both mythological figures) or George Washington for the U.S. (who, like Elvis, is well on the way to becoming mytho-logical).
WDW

benjipwns

i know that i teach that everything in this is historically accurate and confirmed by scholars

he's coming he's coming he's coming
[close]

benjipwns

Jinyo Lay
1 year ago
Would this be an acceptable source for a research paper?
make sure to use chicago style citations

TVC15

Why does he hyphenate mythological like that? We really need to spray anthrax all over Canada.
serge

thisismyusername

Yeti, take photos of the actual book because I can't believe some editor at a publishing house okayed half those sentences.

benjipwns

I cited this episode in a paper about the film "The War Room" because I said Carville did something "cajun style" multiple times and I'm half posting it just to see if it's been copyright blocked:

edit: i should clip just the last part actually and make it public if it's not being blocked and you can upload 30 rock clips now

[close]
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 12:04:33 AM by benjipwns »

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
She searches all over Egypt until she finds his phallus. With it, she makes herself pregnant.

Can you guess what point Mr. P is trying to make?

That when order/culture collapses it can be reborn, oftentimes in a different form

All right, I admit I left out a little context
[close]
[close]
WDW

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
Yeti, take photos of the actual book because I can't believe some editor at a publishing house okayed half those sentences.

I'm just reading it straight off the link that Mandark posted in the Wank Dad 2 thread

https://www.academia.edu/20852194/RELIGION_SOVEREIGNTY_NATURAL_RIGHTS_AND_THE_CONSTITUENT_ELEMENTS_OF_EXPERIENCE
WDW

TVC15

This has grown boring for TVC. I’m going to masturbate to this episode of <moves mouse to see name of whatever show is on TV> Sister, Sister.
serge

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
Kosma ain’t even that bad

Cept that Star Wars tat

And not realizing he still exists because of how great America is
dur

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
No, jesus fuck why do you guys even want to ban people, just ignore them if they annoy you, close your eyes niccas lol

Mandark

• Icon
No, jesus fuck why do you guys even want to ban people, just ignore them if they annoy you, close your eyes niccas lol

you locked a thread instead of not reading it

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
Ok, I finally finished reading it. So, like police officers who tase/mace themselves to get an idea of how painful their tools are, I now have a clearer conscience in inflicting this book on Assimilate.

Assimilate: Yes, there are very few pages, and the margins are huge, but this book is still a bit of a slog. The first few pages are especially bad, but it does get easier as you go.

There were a few times where I thought to myself "This is kind of interesting" but then I realized that all of those times were just him retelling different myths, and I probably would have enjoyed them better reading them off a Wikipedia page. Jordan's contribution is pretty much just him going "This person represents order, and this person represents chaos" only a lot more dry and long winded.

So with that I am off to drink myself to sleep.
WDW

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

you locked a thread instead of not reading it
Completely consistent with what I just said. Besides, I skimmed that Daddy P thread the other day and it's a trash fire. I could see my thread going that way and I wanted fuck all to do with anything like that going forward.

Mandark

• Icon
There were a few times where I thought to myself "This is kind of interesting" but then I realized that all of those times were just him retelling different myths, and I probably would have enjoyed them better reading them off a Wikipedia page. Jordan's contribution is pretty much just him going "This person represents order, and this person represents chaos" only a lot more dry and long winded.

The thing that struck me the most when I read it is how disjointed it is. There's some theory of the mind stuff, then he recaps Egyptian mythology, and then  is all "...and this proves objective morality" out of fucking nowhere. Like he wants to tie in evo psych but doesn't even bring it up until after the "conclusion" header.

It's like someone in a manic phase explaining an idea to you and they're too excited about it to organize their thoughts, instead just telling you about the various aspects of it in no particular order.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
the spergularity encroaches, and daddy p is its herald
duc

Tasty

Folks should just not take his bait. He's basically harmless.

Barring that, a compromise solution would be to only let him use consonants in his posts.

True compromise would be leper status.

And I agree he's harmless. Like I said before, he's the annoying kid brother of the Bore.

I've given you likes Tasty, you fucker  :bolo

Lol regardless, I don't want you banned. My initial post was obviously a joke - no one would read Jordan Peterson willingly.

benjipwns

No, jesus fuck why do you guys even want to ban people
Typical lieberal cultural marxist answer to everything. Just look at the Holodomor for example.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
I could see my thread going that way and I wanted fuck all to do with anything like that going forward.
Valid reason for bans, too. From the perspective of a mod/admin.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Is this the Jordun Peter's son bookclub thread now?

I might try to get through the introduction to maps of meaningless garbage.

agrajag

I might try to get through the introduction to maps of meaningless garbage.

he's circumventing the word filter, mods halp!

thisismyusername

Yes. And Assy still hasn't read it.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Peterson himself says that Maps of Meaning is a hard read, and if you aren't familiar with his work one of those journals or condensed works such as the link Mandark posted would be nearly impossible to follow.

So is any of this surprising? If the point of this was for a real conversation that we could actually have on the merits of what he is attempting then the book should be 12 steps, or in fact Maps of Meaning.

Like i said, i am open to doing one of those two.

So which is it and whose doing it with me?  :-*

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
I'm already consuming a monument to the banality of white culture, sorry.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
I read 15 pages of Maps of Meaning and it isn't so much a hard read, it's more that it's awfully written. It basically seems like his laid out helieve system to get him through the day.

"Life is chaos thus we need x and y"

With neither life, chaos, x or y properly defined.

It's philosophy 101 by a guy that can't write and gets tripped up by his own train of thought.

TVC15

Peterson himself says that Maps of Meaning is a hard read, and if you aren't familiar with his work one of those journals or condensed works such as the link Mandark posted would be nearly impossible to follow.

So is any of this surprising? If the point of this was for a real conversation that we could actually have on the merits of what he is attempting then the book should be 12 steps, or in fact Maps of Meaning.

Like i said, i am open to doing one of those two.

So which is it and whose doing it with me?  :-*

serge

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Mods, please change Assy's name to Loud Sputter. Thx
dog

agrajag

Mods, please change Assy's name to Loud Sputter. Thx

You ARE mods

Did Rumbler forget to log in to his alt  :thinking

Kara

Cops often mock those they police by parroting back their slogans, videlicet "blue lives matter."

agrajag

Cops often mock those they police by parroting back their slogans, videlicet "blue lives matter."

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a golden retriever paw stamping on a human face - forever.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
I read 15 pages of Maps of Meaning and it isn't so much a hard read, it's more that it's awfully written. It basically seems like his laid out helieve system to get him through the day.

It's philosophy 101 by a guy that can't write and gets tripped up by his own train of thought.
  Hot takes hot takes and more hot takes.

"I read 15 pages and have a full grasp of the entirety of this book and it's author"  Imagine being so woke, so intelligent, that you can figure everything out in a few pages.

Some of you should be scholars. Shit is so easy it seems.

Harvey Shepard, writing in the religion column of the Montreal Gazette, stated: "To me, the book reflects its author's profound moral sense and vast erudition in areas ranging from clinical psychology to scripture and a good deal of personal soul searching. ... Peterson's vision is both fully informed by current scientific and pragmatic methods, and in important ways deeply conservative and traditional".[10] Sheldon H. White from Harvard University described it as a "brilliant enlargement of our understanding of human motivation...a beautiful work",[5] while Keith Oatley from University of Toronto as "unique...a brilliant new synthesis of the meaning of mythologies and our human need to relate in story form the deep structure of our experiences".[11]

Dan Blazer in the American Journal of Psychiatry emphasized that it "is not a book to be abstracted and summarized. Rather, it should be read at leisure (although it is anything but light reading) and employed as a stimulus and reference to expand one’s own maps of meaning".[4] Maxine Sheets-Johnstone in Psycoloquy described it as an "original, provocative, complex, and fascinating book, which is also at times conceptually troubling, unduly repetitive, and exasperating in its format", however the "positive values of the book far outweigh its detractions".[12]

The psychologists Ralph W. Hood, Peter C. Hill, and Bernard Spilka, in their book The Psychology of Religion: An Empirical Approach (2009), stated that in regard of the relationship of five factor model to religion, the "dynamic model for the tension between tradition and transformation has been masterfully explored by Peterson (1999) as the personality basis for what he terms the architecture of belief".[13]

In 2017, Camille Paglia commented that there's a link between Maps of Meaning and her Sexual Personae.[5] Although there has been praise for the book, Peterson commented that until 2018 there has been lack of serious critique and he does not "think people had any idea what to make of the book".[5]

In 2018, writing for The Bore Review of Scholarly Autistys Hardcore Retro said "this crap is philosophy 101"

TVC15

That’s 15 more pages than you read, you fucking troglodyte. Get fucked and die.

Also, there are a LOT of videos of people shitting on YT and I’m getting into it.
serge

agrajag

that's still 15 more pages than you've read

:ufup

edit:

god fucking damnit TVC, fuck it, I quit

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Assy McGee is making a poor case for his continued employment at The Bore, LLC. Meanwhile, Hardcore Retro and Yeti will be getting a recommendation for promotion to senior management positions.
dog

TVC15

that's still 15 more pages than you've read

:ufup

edit:

god fucking damnit TVC, fuck it, I quit

You can take over, girl. I need to find a reasonably clean pair of underwear and try to accomplish something in my life.
serge

agrajag

I need to find a reasonably clean pair of underwear and try to accomplish something in my life.

The Daddy P Effect.

I'm pretty sure one of the 12 rules is

"Wash your underwear, bucko."

See, there was some utility for TVC's life from good ol' Jay Pete.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
if

if he had the proper narcissistic loathing of fellow canuck pseudointellectual r. scott bakker, he would turned this into 7 giant volumes of grimdark allegorical fantasy
duc

TVC15

Ugh, I just found something so disgusting in my apartment that the smell made me force myself to throw up and I’m not even 100% what it is.
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Ugh, I just found something so disgusting in my apartment that the smell made me force myself to throw up and I’m not even 100% what it is.
clean your room  8)

agrajag

I would just move out, just in case. Or kinda section off that part of your apartment and never come near it again. Then when whatever thing it is gains self-awareness and starts speaking to you, you could just fuck it.

thisismyusername

^Newsfeed.