Re: Zen
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2018, 11:14:06 PM »
Do a few shots.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2018, 11:15:59 PM »
Do a few shots.
that doesn't work. smoking pot helps but i heard it's not quality sleep and in the long run it can fuck up your REM cycles.

Tasty

« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2018, 11:19:00 PM »
Hmm.

- Cut back on caffeine
- Don't take naps
- Go for a walk
- Have some warm milk
- Read a book for 30 mins and don't look at TV/phone/computer screens
- Find a random benji longpost and attempt to read it

One of these usually does the trick for me.

Tasty

« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2018, 11:20:58 PM »
If you need to be distracted put like, TNG or some sitcom you like but have seen 100 times on in the background. Don't watch it but let the lines and commercials wash over you and drown your thoughts out.

Alternatively, see a therapist and work the issues out. :)

For the record, I love falling asleep to those 8 hour long rain/thunderstorm vids on YouTube, but I don't think that would help with a racing mind.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2018, 05:03:23 AM »
"Truth is one. People call it by various names" ---from the Rig Veda

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2018, 05:38:16 AM »
“Stillness, the ruler of movement.”
― Lao Tzu

EVOL

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2018, 07:34:01 AM »
Any zen tricks to sleeping better or falling asleep faster?

I've been doing time released melatonin that has been working but i still can't stop my mind from racing before bed. Listening to podcasts help a bit, but sometimes if the podcast is good i end up staying up to listen to it. Does waterfall/forest soothing sounds actually work?

It's funny how during the day life is good, but for some reason right before bed the world seems to collapse on you and you sit pondering all your mistakes in life.

Not really 'zen' but meditation is good.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2018, 07:53:34 AM »

agrajag

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2018, 11:37:01 AM »
Speaking of melatonin, I just found out like last year or maybe the year before that it’s not melanin.

For years I didn’t understand how taking skin pigment orally could help you fall asleep.

This is the kind of competence that is leading the Democratic party towards a bright new future.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2018, 11:44:13 PM »
Speaking of melatonin, I just found out like last year or maybe the year before that it’s not melanin.

For years I didn’t understand how taking skin pigment orally could help you fall asleep.

:mindblown

Tasty

« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2018, 11:46:38 PM »
Since it was brought up in this thread, I've been falling asleep to hours-long thunderstorm sound vids on YouTube every night this week. :aah

Tasty

« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2018, 11:46:48 PM »
I wish thundersnowstorms were a thing. Or more of a thing if they already are.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2018, 11:50:42 PM »
thounderstorms or thounder snow storms? i'm confused.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2018, 11:50:58 PM »
I fall asleep with Forensic Files playing on Netflix. Like 400 episodes! So many bodily fluids! From a rainbow of racial/gender/sexual identities!
serge

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2018, 11:52:52 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Gotta say I really dig this one. Might be the cameltoe.
people that deny biology is powerful i always ask them to look at some woman with serious hips.... tell me you dont' imagine her popping out your baby

hampster

« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2018, 01:07:30 AM »
My favorite fall asleep videos are Adam Savage’s One Day Builds on Tested or any Primitive Technology video

If that doesn’t work, you can always hit the hard stuff
Zzz

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2018, 04:31:14 AM »
The advice on sleeping I'd get from the psychiatrist was to not use anything with a screen before sleeping. Apparently the light from a screen triggers the same response in your brain as daylight does.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2018, 09:40:48 AM »
Most sleeping problems can be solved by proper sleep hygiene. Stuff like dim the lights about 30 minutes before bed. Leave your bed only for sex and sleep and don't go into it until you're ready for sleep. No screen time 30 minutes before bed. If you get into bed and can't fall asleep within 15 minutes get out of bed and sit somewhere dim doing something relaxing for 15 minutes...etc. Some studies say that 75% of sleep problems can be dealt with this approach. Google it.
que

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2018, 09:59:06 AM »
1. Go to bed

2. Sleep

Waking up is the problem. If I don't set my alarm I can sleep for 10 - 12 hours on end and it's almost impossible to wake me up if I'm asleep.
Stuff that should wake me up, like sirens, thunder, fire alarms simply doesn't.  :doge
🤴

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2018, 11:13:38 AM »
The advice on sleeping I'd get from the psychiatrist was to not use anything with a screen before sleeping. Apparently the light from a screen triggers the same response in your brain as daylight does.
That's what the melatonin is for. it helps with kick your brain out of thinkign those lights meant daylight.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2018, 11:28:38 AM »
asmr videos work great for me
püp

Tasty

« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2018, 11:30:56 AM »
ASMR videos are dumb.

(IMO)

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2018, 11:39:28 AM »
asmr videos work great for me

Your girlfriend puts you in missionary anything will work for you

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2018, 11:46:58 AM »
k
püp

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2018, 12:28:18 PM »
the iphone setting to change your screen colors after dark works pretty well for me.  That and sex right before bed.  Nothing like falling asleep with her juices still wet on you :drool

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2018, 02:53:25 PM »
the iphone setting to change your screen colors after dark works pretty well for me.  That and sex right before bed.  Nothing like falling asleep with her juices still wet on you :drool

:dayum

you still feel like that after a year of being with her? I take a shower.

Was walking out of the bank today and this little old lady trips and falls. Eats pavement really hard,  breaks her glasses and busts her nose. At first i reacted slowly, but then there was fucking blood everywhere.

I had to help her up and then ask if she was with anyone. Of course her dumbass adult son and his wife were sitting close by at a coffee shop.  I got blood all over my shirt. I felt bad for her, really bad.

Shit ruined my day, my vibe. Now i'm trying to be zen. I hope she's ok.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2018, 03:21:37 PM »

Been with her for almost 13 years and I still love it. 

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2018, 03:35:37 PM »
Sounds like you're bitching about having been inconvenienced to have to help another person to me

You performed a small act of heroism, and it ruined your day?

Get some perspective breh.

I'm bothered that she was hurt you morons and the fact that her son is a careless idiot. I could probably say "guys i'm giving everyone here a million dollars" and i'm sure you fucks would find something to bitch about.

Sometimes i used to wonder "could i have followed my then gf to med school" nahhhh definitely not. That was definitely not in the cards for me. I can't imagine dealing with stuff like that on a day to day basis.

Things that are terrible to Assy:

Still enjoying your significant other after multiple years

Helping another person

Facebook

Asia Argento

Stro

ftfy

Tasty

« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2018, 04:04:55 PM »

Was walking out of the bank today and this little old lady trips and falls. Eats pavement really hard,  breaks her glasses and busts her nose. At first i reacted slowly, but then there was fucking blood everywhere.

I had to help her up and then ask if she was with anyone. Of course her dumbass adult son and his wife were sitting close by at a coffee shop.  I got blood all over my shirt. I felt bad for her, really bad.

Shit ruined my day, my vibe. Now i'm trying to be zen. I hope she's ok.

That sucks. :(

I was walking home one day a few years ago and this like 7-year old was pushing his paralyzed dad's wheelchair on the sidewalk, but hit the curb and tipped the dad over. He yelled at the kid something fierce, I walked over and offered a hand up to help him back into the chair and he just stared at me angrily as he did it himself (which took more time than if he let me help him.)

I felt bad for him and worse for the kid, who was literally trying his best.

Felt bad, man.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2018, 05:08:50 PM »

lol da fug

:yeshrug

i like to shower after. shoot me.

agrajag

« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2018, 05:21:35 PM »
But what does it being after a year matter? lol

If you are finicky about pussay joose I guess I can understand just was confused about the year part.

Me I have a fetish for that shit, give me da joose.

I think he means that sexual attractual/excitement becomes stale in a long term relationship after a while.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2018, 05:22:44 PM »
But what does it being after a year matter? lol

If you are finicky about pussay joose I guess I can understand just was confused about the year part.

Me I have a fetish for that shit, give me da joose.

I think he means that sexual attractual/excitement becomes stale in a long term relationship after a while.
sorta. that desire to bask in all the dirtiness isn't there and a shower is much more preferred.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2018, 06:58:10 PM »
Lol wut if there’s a shower involved, maybe before. After? Eat or sleep are the only real choices

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2018, 06:58:54 PM »

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2018, 02:09:28 AM »
Being Zen is hard as fuck.

It's so much easier not to.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2018, 03:18:18 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2018, 04:00:19 AM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2018, 08:47:56 AM »

agrajag

« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2018, 01:02:43 PM »

This is the kind of competence that is leading the Democratic party towards a bright new future.

On my worst day I’m more competent than you’ll ever be in your life, you waste of carbon.

In a world where you can be anything: be kind.

Keep trying but failing to not be a sociopath, Jack.  8)

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2018, 01:24:11 PM »
Zen is a journey. Not a destination.  :rollsafe

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2018, 03:19:14 PM »
Atra > AIDS > Agra

Mr Beaks>Atra>AIDS>Agra  :heart

TVC15

« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2018, 03:21:14 PM »

On my worst day I’m more competent than you’ll ever be in your life, you waste of carbon.

What about on that day you were defending the whole abuela thing? That was pretty not so competent.
serge

agrajag

« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2018, 03:46:10 PM »
What about when he came back a couple of days after claiming he's logging out forever and scrambling his password?

agrajag

« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2018, 03:55:34 PM »
 :dead

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2018, 05:00:54 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2018, 05:20:27 PM »

agrajag

« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2018, 09:17:39 AM »
ZEN

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2018, 01:26:20 PM »
But more than twice? Yeah, that he has.
que

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2018, 02:37:28 PM »
©ZH

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2018, 03:04:47 PM »
I'm more Zen than all y'all bitches!
que

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2018, 03:56:59 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2018, 04:03:29 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2018, 01:49:53 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2018, 01:52:12 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2018, 05:05:22 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2018, 01:43:35 AM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2018, 10:45:40 AM »
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2018, 07:57:51 PM »
I like to think of self-will as love turned around. Love is energy, and self-will is that energy focused on oneself. We can learn to free that energy, and when we do, our lives will fill with love – which is what living in heaven means.

In today’s competitive climate, often those who are aggressive about imposing their will on others are labeled “successful.” But the accomplishments of such people are often sadly short-lived, while the damage they do themselves and others can be far-reaching. When self-will is excessive, we end up offending others, feeling offended, and lashing back, and that undoes everything worthwhile we might achieve.

People with little self-will, on the other hand, seldom get upset when life goes against them. They do not try to impose their way on others, or get agitated or depressed or defensive when people hold different views. Being intolerant of other views, Mahatma Gandhi used to say, is a sign that we don’t have enough faith in our own. To get agitated and angry when opposed shows a certain insecurity. If we really believe what we believe, we will not be shaken when someone challenges it.

– Eknath Easwaran, from “Original Goodness: A Commentary on the Beatitudes”

TVC15

« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2018, 08:25:43 PM »
I like to think of self-will as love turned around. Love is energy, and self-will is that energy focused on oneself. We can learn to free that energy, and when we do, our lives will fill with love – which is what living in heaven means.

In today’s competitive climate, often those who are aggressive about imposing their will on others are labeled “successful.” But the accomplishments of such people are often sadly short-lived, while the damage they do themselves and others can be far-reaching. When self-will is excessive, we end up offending others, feeling offended, and lashing back, and that undoes everything worthwhile we might achieve.

People with little self-will, on the other hand, seldom get upset when life goes against them. They do not try to impose their way on others, or get agitated or depressed or defensive when people hold different views. Being intolerant of other views, Mahatma Gandhi used to say, is a sign that we don’t have enough faith in our own. To get agitated and angry when opposed shows a certain insecurity. If we really believe what we believe, we will not be shaken when someone challenges it.

– Eknath Easwaran, from “Original Goodness: A Commentary on the Beatitudes”

If I do find Anne Heche’s naked butthole tonight, I’m posting it in response to this.
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2018, 01:09:56 AM »