Author Topic: Streets Of Rage 4  (Read 26973 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Svejk

Re: Streets Of Rage 4 - Out Now
« Reply #601 on: August 27, 2020, 09:05:40 PM »
https://twitter.com/Dotemu/status/1298685894237593600

Hey there! We haven't discussed it yet but we'd like to first focus on SoR4 and continue to add content. But at Dotemu we are currently working on three unanounced similar projects, so stay tuned ;)
:phil

Spieler1

Re: Streets Of Rage 4
« Reply #602 on: August 28, 2020, 01:19:09 AM »

:bolo

Svejk

« Reply #603 on: August 28, 2020, 08:29:03 AM »
With Wonder Boy and most likely Shinobeez covered, I hope they don't get forced to do something lame like Alex Kidd... or, as much as I like the OG back then, Altered Beast.  I'd like them to take on a remake or sequel to Landstalker or Gunstar Heroes or something.

Edit:  Now that I think about it, I bet they're taking on a new Golden Axe... I'd say fuck yes.  DO EET!

Spieler1

« Reply #604 on: August 28, 2020, 10:00:17 AM »
Alex Kidd is already coming back from someone else. http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=47439.0

Svejk

« Reply #605 on: August 28, 2020, 10:26:06 AM »
Alex Kidd is already coming back from someone else. http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=47439.0
Oh yeah.. forgot about that.  Good.. good.

I could see them doing a Oasis (Thor) follow up too... I'd be ok with that as well, what with their animation quality.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #606 on: August 29, 2020, 04:24:00 PM »
Finally got my physical copy in the mail after how many months?
^_^

Svejk

« Reply #607 on: March 24, 2021, 08:57:36 AM »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #608 on: March 24, 2021, 09:53:46 AM »
I kinda gave up at the final boss.. I dunno if I should just suck it up and add a handicap (like an extra life or two) just to beat it.
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #609 on: March 24, 2021, 10:34:10 AM »
I kinda gave up at the final boss.. I dunno if I should just suck it up and add a handicap (like an extra life or two) just to beat it.

Keep trying and you'll get it.  Maybe try another character?
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #610 on: March 24, 2021, 10:36:20 AM »
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #611 on: March 24, 2021, 11:02:55 AM »
Oh... damn, my bad.  Too early in the morning to actually read I suppose.  :-[
It was bumped on REEEEEEEEEE, so I thought it was new news.
The key to the last boss(es) is to just focus on one of them at a time.  Whoever doesn't jump into the robot crab tank thing, just stay on top of them, but let them come to you on the far left or right of the screen.  Should be able to dodge the claws from it in those areas easier.  Once they're down, use the same method to just focus on the left or right claw after it does whatever animation and moves back to it's default stance.  Rinse and repeat.....
... of course, now with the last big update they made, they completely and utterly fucked up the last stage with it's new enemy placement and spawns.   It's now a slog that comes off more annoying than challenging.   :maf  Not sure why they messed with it.  It's like a randomizer was used and left it in this random state.  They really kind of fucked it up..   Wish I got the trophies prior to it.  Hope it gets fixed down the road.... still love playing it from time to time.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 11:59:09 AM by Svejk »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #612 on: March 24, 2021, 12:30:30 PM »

Keep trying and you'll get it.  Maybe try another character?

Hmm, good plan. I've been using Blaze just because she's been my girl for the rest of the series.
My biggest problem is the rush of fat guys you fight prior to the final series of fights. Lose a lot of health there...
^_^

Beezy

« Reply #613 on: April 08, 2021, 09:25:40 AM »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #614 on: April 08, 2021, 09:33:21 AM »
I finally beat this... did a handicap to give me 2 extra lives, and then it turned out I didn't even need them :P
I switched from Blaze to Axel and had a bit easier time with it... though the fight with Y was still a bit draining - she moved just a bit too fast for Axel to keep up with.

I hope a sound test is one of the new features that get added.
^_^

Rman

« Reply #615 on: April 08, 2021, 11:00:15 AM »
dope update.  looks like they added new moves. awesome.

Svejk

« Reply #616 on: April 08, 2021, 11:16:18 AM »
I finally beat this... did a handicap to give me 2 extra lives, and then it turned out I didn't even need them :P
I switched from Blaze to Axel and had a bit easier time with it... though the fight with Y was still a bit draining - she moved just a bit too fast for Axel to keep up with.
I can't tell you how many times that happened to me.  :lol

Looks like a solid update!  More than I expected..  I really hope they unfucked the last level.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #617 on: April 09, 2021, 11:24:27 AM »
Estelle not being an unlockable in the original was really surprising.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
wonder if they added an ending, too. For a game that had cutscenes between levels, just getting a credits roll felt unfulfilling
[close]
^_^

MMaRsu

« Reply #618 on: April 09, 2021, 03:10:36 PM »
Tee lopes the god behind Sonic Mania OST  :lawd :lawd :lawd