Author Topic: Streets Of Rage 4  (Read 57902 times)

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Re: Streets Of Rage 4
« Reply #600 on: March 24, 2021, 09:53:46 AM »
I kinda gave up at the final boss.. I dunno if I should just suck it up and add a handicap (like an extra life or two) just to beat it.
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #601 on: March 24, 2021, 10:34:10 AM »
I kinda gave up at the final boss.. I dunno if I should just suck it up and add a handicap (like an extra life or two) just to beat it.

Keep trying and you'll get it.  Maybe try another character?
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #602 on: March 24, 2021, 10:36:20 AM »
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #603 on: March 24, 2021, 11:02:55 AM »
Oh... damn, my bad.  Too early in the morning to actually read I suppose.  :-[
It was bumped on REEEEEEEEEE, so I thought it was new news.
The key to the last boss(es) is to just focus on one of them at a time.  Whoever doesn't jump into the robot crab tank thing, just stay on top of them, but let them come to you on the far left or right of the screen.  Should be able to dodge the claws from it in those areas easier.  Once they're down, use the same method to just focus on the left or right claw after it does whatever animation and moves back to it's default stance.  Rinse and repeat.....
... of course, now with the last big update they made, they completely and utterly fucked up the last stage with it's new enemy placement and spawns.   It's now a slog that comes off more annoying than challenging.   :maf  Not sure why they messed with it.  It's like a randomizer was used and left it in this random state.  They really kind of fucked it up..   Wish I got the trophies prior to it.  Hope it gets fixed down the road.... still love playing it from time to time.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 11:59:09 AM by Svejk »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #604 on: March 24, 2021, 12:30:30 PM »

Keep trying and you'll get it.  Maybe try another character?

Hmm, good plan. I've been using Blaze just because she's been my girl for the rest of the series.
My biggest problem is the rush of fat guys you fight prior to the final series of fights. Lose a lot of health there...
^_^

Beezy

« Reply #605 on: April 08, 2021, 09:25:40 AM »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #606 on: April 08, 2021, 09:33:21 AM »
I finally beat this... did a handicap to give me 2 extra lives, and then it turned out I didn't even need them :P
I switched from Blaze to Axel and had a bit easier time with it... though the fight with Y was still a bit draining - she moved just a bit too fast for Axel to keep up with.

I hope a sound test is one of the new features that get added.
^_^

Rman

« Reply #607 on: April 08, 2021, 11:00:15 AM »
dope update.  looks like they added new moves. awesome.

Svejk

« Reply #608 on: April 08, 2021, 11:16:18 AM »
I finally beat this... did a handicap to give me 2 extra lives, and then it turned out I didn't even need them :P
I switched from Blaze to Axel and had a bit easier time with it... though the fight with Y was still a bit draining - she moved just a bit too fast for Axel to keep up with.
I can't tell you how many times that happened to me.  :lol

Looks like a solid update!  More than I expected..  I really hope they unfucked the last level.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #609 on: April 09, 2021, 11:24:27 AM »
Estelle not being an unlockable in the original was really surprising.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
wonder if they added an ending, too. For a game that had cutscenes between levels, just getting a credits roll felt unfulfilling
[close]
^_^

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #610 on: April 09, 2021, 03:10:36 PM »
Tee lopes the god behind Sonic Mania OST  :lawd :lawd :lawd
What

Svejk

« Reply #611 on: April 30, 2021, 11:35:08 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #612 on: April 30, 2021, 12:40:53 PM »
Assuming the last character reveal is Shiva.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #613 on: April 30, 2021, 01:07:26 PM »
Assuming the last character reveal is Shiva.
Sure looks like it.  Would be a nice surprise if it were a completely new character though.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #614 on: April 30, 2021, 01:42:56 PM »
Max's wall jump looks awesome.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #615 on: May 01, 2021, 06:18:15 AM »
is the logo for this expansion really axel doing a three point landing while holding a swordfish?  :lol

Svejk

« Reply #616 on: May 28, 2021, 01:40:43 PM »

Coffee Dog

« Reply #617 on: May 28, 2021, 03:06:50 PM »
Shiva dropping the shadow clones from his boss fight is amazing.  :lol they need to announce a date already.

Svejk

« Reply #618 on: July 01, 2021, 10:29:41 AM »
Finally a date! 
Thought this was going to be free, but still cheap enough for me.

https://twitter.com/Dotemu/status/1410583966436954113

Svejk

« Reply #619 on: July 15, 2021, 01:03:56 PM »
DLC out today!  Seems the latest update already downloads it, but you just have to unlock it.  :doge

Tried it out real quick.  Estel and Shiva are both bad-ass and play really quick and smooth.  Max is... Max, But it's nice to see him playable finally.  Not sure how to unlock customizable moves yet, but I'll hopefully get to that this weekend.. Probably via Boss Rush and/or Survival.  As for character aesthetics, all the SOR4 mains (including the DLC characters) have about 4-5 color palette swaps to select from.  Some for example; they have one with Alex with gray hair, one with Adam wearing all black :lawd, one with Blaze as a blonde  :phil, and one with Shiva wearing all orange with jet black hair.. total nod to Guy from Final Fight.  :marimo  I was hoping they'd have a full-on color palette swap editor, but these selections may be it.  Maybe unlockable later? Still, better than nothing.  And still no "DJ mode" that I wrote and requested back at launch.  :doge  :P

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #620 on: July 24, 2021, 09:42:07 PM »
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #621 on: August 02, 2021, 07:41:34 PM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #623 on: March 29, 2022, 03:35:38 PM »
Mobile port is coming.

ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #624 on: March 29, 2022, 09:00:43 PM »

Svejk

« Reply #625 on: March 10, 2023, 11:13:16 AM »
Dat spit shine!!  :lawd

https://twitter.com/Dotemu/status/1634207725151297538

TBH, I hope to shit that they revised the final level.  The last update completely botched the design and made it unfun.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #626 on: March 10, 2023, 01:25:09 PM »
Pretty awesome to see it still getting support.  This is one of those games I can keep going back to every now and then and with its wide release it's playable on pretty much everything.
:lawd
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #627 on: March 10, 2023, 01:40:19 PM »
Yeah, at some point I'll pick up the DLC and give this another run. Great game for sure.

Svejk

« Reply #628 on: March 10, 2023, 02:08:16 PM »
Yeah, at some point I'll pick up the DLC and give this another run. Great game for sure.
The DLC was under priced, IMO.  It was a generous amount of content for $7.  The survival arenas were way more fun than expected.  Game rules.

Bebpo

« Reply #629 on: March 13, 2023, 01:31:18 AM »
I saw the DLC was half off so I gave it a try along with this new patch.

The survival mode is ok, I like it but it goes on way too long and I hate rogue games that are super long instead of short bursts of challenge. Was ez pz mindless for like 15-20 mins before any challenge, mostly when pit stages started showing up and kept falling into pits. The throwback pixelized stages are neat.

The extra moves you can unlock to switch up your attacks is kinda cool. Messed around with Shiva a bit, haven't tried Max.

Not sure if I'll get more than a few hours out of this since the survival mode runs are just too long for me to play for a bit here and there and not really interested in playing the arcade mode again. But for like $4 I can't really complain.

Bebpo

« Reply #630 on: March 13, 2023, 04:45:40 AM »
So I tried this on my steam deck and tried out wrestling guy once. Was going to call it a night but unlocked his alternate f,f+x move and wanted to try it out.

Turns out his dashing clothesline move is ridiculously broken. Just dashed back and forth non-stop across the screen sending enemies flying while getting all the perks I could to buff the move's strength and use star moves in a punch. First run with it:

lol