Author Topic: ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS - Thread of Gaming Zen  (Read 205140 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS - Thread of Gaming Zen
« Reply #3180 on: August 16, 2020, 10:10:16 AM »
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3181 on: September 25, 2020, 09:26:50 AM »
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #3182 on: November 08, 2020, 12:18:04 PM »

The power of Google Photos... in the palm of my hands...

(Lol literally three days to upload my Switch's 11 GB media payload... -_-)

Protip: the Switch saves media at 720p max (photos and videos), which both fall under Google Photos' free limits, which means you can open a Google account and backup your Switch media at "full res" for free (without hitting the default 15 GB storage limit.)

Tasty

« Reply #3183 on: November 08, 2020, 12:31:24 PM »
Also, sad to see this thread slow down a bit. The other communities I'm apart of which have AC threads/channels have stayed fairly active. The updates are really doing a great job keeping things fresh every month or so. I'm extremely excited for Toy Day next month. :D

Halloween was a lot of fun! I played every day so I had like 30 candies going in. :lol Ended up crafting 1 of every color of every Spooky item that night, placing them all around town, then uploading my Halloween-night island to Dream Suite. Check it out! DA-8053-6297-4495

Also after 230+ days my Museum is coming together. I only have 2 bugs left to catch, 1 fish (pond smelt!!), 5 sea creatures, and... 29 pieces of art. -_- Last night I did get my final KK Slider song though (95 out of 95.) :D

Anyone else going for the seasonal recipes? I've been slacking on the acorn/pine cone stuff so last night I spent two hours shaking trees for materials lol.

Acorn/Pine Cone DIY recipes still needed:

- Tree's Bounty Arch (not spawning until Nov 16th)
- Tree's Bounty Big Tree (not spawning until Nov 16th)
- Tree's Bounty Mobile
- Yellow-Leaf Pile

Mushroom DIY recipes still needed:

- Forest Flooring
- Forest Wall
- Mush Lamp
- Mush Log
- Mush Low Stool
- Mush Table
- Mush Umbrella
- Mush Wall
- Dildo Mushroom Wand
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 11:45:07 PM by Tasty »

Tasty

« Reply #3184 on: November 08, 2020, 12:49:26 PM »
So I bought this but have no idea what I'm doing. Seemed I did all I could for day 1, museum guy on the way and nook is going to get me a house.

This going in to debt shit is too much like real life tho

:existential

If you're still playing and need anything or want advice, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Tasty

« Reply #3185 on: November 09, 2020, 04:19:56 PM »

Edit- Wait this is just everything I knew already :maf

Tasty

« Reply #3186 on: November 11, 2020, 11:49:18 AM »
I'm going through and making the zodiac set since I now have 8 of the recipes. Anyone want to trade fragments?

Need:

- Gemini fragment x1
- Leo fragments x2
- Libra fragment x1
- Scorpius fragment x1 (low priority, could still get one this month I think)

Have:

- Aries fragments x2
- Virgo fragments x3
- Large star fragments x4

I also have a bunch of normal star frags I don't mind throwing in too.

Cryo

« Reply #3187 on: November 11, 2020, 11:55:21 AM »
Still no news on the second fall/winter update?  :'(

Tasty

« Reply #3188 on: November 11, 2020, 12:16:50 PM »

If I had to guess, the trailer for that update will magically appear tomorrow morning, or next Tuesday.

Tasty

« Reply #3189 on: November 11, 2020, 12:29:34 PM »
Speaking of updates...

https://animalcrossingworld.com/2020/11/nintendo-confirms-more-new-animal-crossing-new-horizons-events-to-keep-players-playing-for-a-long-time/

The sales pace of Animal Crossing: New Horizons has eased compared to the period around its initial release, but among all our titles, this one continues to maintain high sales levels. As I mentioned in response to a previous question (Q7), this title is also driving Nintendo Switch hardware sales in Asian markets, which have relatively smaller sales numbers than the markets in Japan, the U.S. and Europe. Going forward, we will continue to implement in-game events and would like to create a situation where consumers will keep enjoying the game for a long time. This will be the first year-end sales season for Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and we hope even more people will take that opportunity to purchase the game.

:lawd

Reminder that New Leaf got a pretty big free update three years after its release (Welcome Amiibo, Nov 2016.) I expect we'll continue getting monthly/semi-monthly free updates (like we have been) until the ~1 year mark (March.) At that time it starts becoming more likely Nintendo will introduce paid DLC or an expansion pass.

However, by that point New Horizons will be close to content parity with New Leaf (especially if Brewster and gyroids are in one of the next updates, as rumored), so having to purchase DLC will sting less. That said, I hope they're smart about it and they don't fragment the online playerbase any. (Going by the Pokemon expansion pass, they've taken care to avoid the situation there, which gives me hope.)

Tasty

« Reply #3190 on: November 13, 2020, 10:29:02 AM »
New batch of DIY recipes up for grabs:

- Golden seat (gold throne, not a toilet!)
- Iron frame
- Pear wardrobe
- Shell speaker
- Shell table
- Sleigh (Xmas is coming up!)
- Stone table
- Traditional straw coat
- Western-style stone (tombstones!)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 10:33:55 AM by Tasty »

Tasty

« Reply #3191 on: November 13, 2020, 11:50:24 AM »

Man, that first game was magical. I know they say "there's so much less to do" but in a way it was more open-ended. And they're definitely right about the villager personalities being way more interesting.

Weird to think I've played far more of NH than the original game, but it still feels like I've played the original more... Just stands out in my memories so starkly.

Tasty

« Reply #3192 on: November 13, 2020, 01:33:00 PM »

Crazy we've already been through 3 of these, and the last one is only a few weeks away. :o

I strongly associate Animal Crossing with December and the winter season -- I got the GameCube game and City Folk for Christmas the year they came out, and I managed to convince my mom to get my sister and me Wild World on launch day a little earlier in the month than that (December 5th.)

New Leaf and New Horizons being spring/summer means I strongly associate different parts of the series with different seasons, haha. But I'm really really excited for winter in New Horizons!! :hyper

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #3193 on: November 15, 2020, 06:07:16 AM »
Finally got a golden watering can lately and it broke after a few days. Why am I bothering with golden tools?
itm

Tasty

« Reply #3194 on: November 15, 2020, 05:54:13 PM »
Finally got a golden watering can lately and it broke after a few days. Why am I bothering with golden tools?

They last a bit longer but they're not worth the gold expense. More useful as trophies than anything, they're theoretically the hardest recipes to get in the game and thus the rarest items to craft.

Also pilons, buddy... you think you can open your gates come January? :heartbeat The last bug I'll need to catch is a giraffe stag, the one bug I missed last summer. If not that's cool, I'll just wait until July is here again. :P

Tasty

« Reply #3195 on: November 16, 2020, 11:52:53 AM »
Maple leaves have started spawning! Isabelle also sending out DIY recipes for a red leaf pile. :D

Other new recipes include:

- Autumn wall
- Colored-leaves flooring
- Leaf stool
- Maple-leaf pochette
- Maple-leaf pond stone (!!! :heartbeat)
- Maple-leaf umbrella
- Tree's bounty arch
- Tree's bounty big tree

AC going hard celebrating Canada it seems. :P (Though according to Isabelle it's "to mark the end of the fall season.") My favorite season's just around the corner! :hyper
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 11:58:00 AM by Tasty »

pilonv1

« Reply #3196 on: November 17, 2020, 06:12:28 AM »
I can open my gates when I'm on, just shoot me a msg in game or however else (twitter/discord).
itm

Tasty

« Reply #3197 on: November 17, 2020, 09:23:28 AM »
I can open my gates when I'm on, just shoot me a msg in game or however else (twitter/discord).

Thanks! :heartbeat

The bug I need won't spawn on your isle until January. But I'll definitely send you a reminder before then. :P Like a letter. With a gift. :heart

But it should be my last bug. :hyper

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #3199 on: November 17, 2020, 10:12:24 AM »

Tasty

« Reply #3200 on: November 17, 2020, 10:13:43 AM »
Option 2: Resident Move (Single Player Transfer)

Use this feature if you wish to transfer just one resident to a new Nintendo Switch system. The resident, the resident’s home, and most items held by the resident and kept in storage will be transferred to an island on the new Nintendo Switch system. The island resident representative cannot be transferred.

Basically perfect for families that started with one Switch but now the kids have their own.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3201 on: November 17, 2020, 11:23:59 AM »
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/11/animal_crossing_island_transfer_app_launches_on_switch_this_week_heres_how_it_works

System save transfer app is out this week. 

:ohhh

Now I can definitely upgrade to Switch Pro when the time comes. :rejoice

Do they have this for Splatoon 2?  If not I dunno if I'm ever going to bother going back to it after losing my save when I got the newer Switch.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #3202 on: November 17, 2020, 11:55:29 AM »

:rejoice FAVE AC MONTH :hyper

Tasty

« Reply #3203 on: November 17, 2020, 11:56:06 AM »
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/11/animal_crossing_island_transfer_app_launches_on_switch_this_week_heres_how_it_works

System save transfer app is out this week. 

:ohhh

Now I can definitely upgrade to Switch Pro when the time comes. :rejoice

Do they have this for Splatoon 2?  If not I dunno if I'm ever going to bother going back to it after losing my save when I got the newer Switch.

Splatoon 2 supports the normal Switch system transfer process, but it does not support cloud saves IIRC. I don't play Splatoon 2 tho so don't just go by me. :doge

AC was an outlier on launch because it didn't support cloud saves or transfers of any kind, even system-level. But now things are finally in an OK place. (Provided you've gotten over the one-island-per-Switch rule, which they seem adamant about NOT changing.)

Tasty

« Reply #3204 on: November 17, 2020, 12:05:29 PM »
I want a button to sit on the ground like my animal villagers. :(

HOLY SHIT THEY LISTENED!!!!!!

Tasty

« Reply #3205 on: November 17, 2020, 12:08:04 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #3206 on: November 17, 2020, 12:12:02 PM »

If I had to guess, the trailer for that update will magically appear tomorrow morning, or next Tuesday.

👀 💅🏻

Tasty

« Reply #3207 on: November 17, 2020, 05:48:01 PM »
:drudge Two more secret features not in the trailer!!

- Visit Random Islands in Dreams  – Have you enjoyed dozing off and visiting other islands within dreams? Now you’ll be able to choose to visit random islands while dreaming, opening up new vistas of inspiration for your own island customizations.

- Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp  Collaboration  – To commemorate Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp’s third anniversary, a Pocket Camp smartphone model will become available in  Animal Crossing: New Horizons. To receive this smartphone model, you’ll need to link both the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp app and  Animal Crossing: New Horizons to your Nintendo account. For more information, please visit https://ac-pocketcamp.com/en-US/horizons.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 05:58:46 PM by Tasty »

Tasty

« Reply #3208 on: November 17, 2020, 05:58:11 PM »
It just keeps coming! THEY'RE ADDING ALCOHOL AND A NOOK CATALOGUE APP!!

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/article/b8debafa-60f1-4a91-947c-3b3fd51499d9

- Four season items for New Years (Dec 26-Dec 31) added: "Sparkling Cider" / "12 Grape" / "Berliner" / "Toshikoshi Soba" (LET'S GET DRUNK! :gladbron)
- Yule Log item as update gift
- Southern hemisphere item: Sunflower rug
- Northern hemisphere item: Aurora wall
- Old item but back again: Summer solstice crown
- Old item but back again: Winter solstice sweater
- Catalogue app for Nintendo Switch Online!!!! :hyper

« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 06:11:59 PM by Tasty »

Tasty

Tasty

« Reply #3210 on: November 21, 2020, 06:33:21 PM »
Still need these seasonal recipes if anyone has doubles!

- Forest flooring
- Forest wall
- Mush lamp
- Mush log
- Mush table
- Mush umbrella
- Mush wall
- Tree’s bounty arch
- Tree’s bounty big tree
- Colored-leaves flooring
- Leaf stool
- Maple-leaf pochette
- Maple-leaf pond stone
- Maple-leaf umbrella

I think pretty much all of these are gone after next week. 😬 I need to really comb my island soon.

pilonv1

« Reply #3211 on: November 26, 2020, 04:35:48 AM »
Turkey day event is fucking terrible
itm

Tasty

« Reply #3212 on: November 26, 2020, 09:15:50 AM »
Turkey day event is fucking terrible

Eh it's kinda fun and kitsch. I'm glad these events are a rare thing because completing them can be a PITA, but PITA complete-a-thons are kinda what AC is about lol.

If you don't use a guide or couldn't prepare/gather ingredients ahead of time I could see it being even more annoying, especially if you don't have much time to spend in-game case of the IRL holiday.

This is a good guide: https://animalcrossingworld.com/2020/11/how-to-prepare-for-turkey-day-the-ingredients-youll-need-in-animal-crossing-new-horizons/

Tasty

« Reply #3213 on: November 26, 2020, 11:24:06 AM »

Changed into my cooking uniform early!

Cooking partners with my GameCube BFF!

Finished the Turkey Day quests, took about two hours all told. I meant to prepare and gather ingredients ahead of time but too much IRL stuff happening lol.

It’s important to note that regardless of how much you “complete” Turkey Day, or even do any of it, you can still get the Turkey Day DIY recipes from Nook’s starting tomorrow and lasting until the end of the month. :) It’s a set that includes 8 recipes.

Now, there are four Turkey Day exclusive items (wall, rug, flooring, and cornucopia) that aren’t craftable, so you’ll miss those if you don’t participate today.

I’m glad these holiday events are rare. They’re kind of pain-in-the-ass collectathons but that’s kind of the Animal Crossing DNA lol. Fun but would be too much if too often.

Time to sit back and enjoy the meal. :)

Tasty

« Reply #3214 on: November 27, 2020, 09:25:04 PM »

😭 Favorite season is almost here. Gonna be torture waiting for the ground to switch to snow (then it'll feel like forever until it's grass again looool.)

pilonv1

« Reply #3215 on: November 28, 2020, 04:38:29 AM »
Winter? That was so six months ago
itm

Tasty

« Reply #3216 on: November 28, 2020, 10:54:32 AM »
Winter? That was so six months ago

Just let me know when you start seeing giraffe stags pop up on your isle. ;)

Tasty

« Reply #3217 on: November 30, 2020, 12:46:58 PM »
:drudge

https://animalcrossingworld.com/2020/11/why-you-should-use-nooklinks-surprisingly-great-new-catalog-feature-in-animal-crossing-new-horizons/

I am so so so so so such an amazing new addition! NookLink literally added 5000% more functionality and useless to the NSO app all on its own.

Tasty

« Reply #3218 on: December 01, 2020, 10:51:51 AM »

Nearly finished with my music room! Just need a bench and a stool. Inspiration taken from Reddit. :)

Tasty

« Reply #3219 on: December 01, 2020, 11:32:26 AM »

Worth it for your reaction, Blathers. :D

Fossils: 73/73
Fish: 80/80
Sea Creatures: 38/40
Bugs: 78/80
Works of Art: 15/43

Tasty

« Reply #3220 on: December 01, 2020, 01:29:38 PM »
pilons I've only had 3 birthdays so far but the next couple weeks are stacked, let me know if you want to attend. :)

December 26: Pashmina
January 1: Bob
January 4: Diana
February 20: Sprinkle
March 15: Julian
March 18: Dom
April 6: Hopper

Tasty

« Reply #3221 on: December 01, 2020, 01:41:03 PM »
Be sure to buy the seasonal toys in Nook's Cranny! There's eight types of toys, but lots of variations. However they work like the Nook Miles catalog items, where each variation is randomized and locked per island.

https://animalcrossingworld.com/guides/new-horizons/christmas-toy-set-furniture-items-at-nooks-cranny/

So check every day! There's some stockings and possibly other toys I'd like to trade with if possible!

Today I got the brown/yellow dinosaur toy, for the record.

Tasty

« Reply #3222 on: December 02, 2020, 11:10:35 AM »
https://animalcrossingworld.com/2020/12/get-your-limited-time-aurora-wall-or-sunflower-rug-in-animal-crossing-new-horizons-this-month/

Don't miss the Aurora Rug! It was just what I was looking for to complete my second floor bedroom. (Galaxy Flooring to match.) :)

Edit- For pilons it would be a neat Sunflower Rug.

pilonv1

« Reply #3223 on: December 03, 2020, 05:54:56 AM »
The RC Helicopter is awesome

Caught my first new fish in maybe 4 months today :rejoice
itm

Tasty

« Reply #3224 on: December 04, 2020, 12:58:46 PM »

Finished up my bedroom! This month's seasonal Aurora Wall was the perfect final piece!

My bedroom used to be a red/black imperial style with a ton of junk everywhere lol. One of my villagers Julian has the full Zodiac set (I'm not jelly... not at all...), but I like the balance I have here with the piano and bed. Going to be hard to find room for the remaining 6 pieces... though I suppose 2 can stick on the wall. :thinking

G The Resurrected

« Reply #3225 on: December 04, 2020, 01:16:23 PM »

Feelings... :'(

kingv

« Reply #3226 on: December 04, 2020, 01:27:54 PM »
Tasty makes me want to play this again

Tasty

« Reply #3227 on: December 04, 2020, 01:42:48 PM »

Feelings... :'(

If this is canon it's blowing my mind. Redd at the same table as Nook?? In the next seat over?!?

They would have fucking knives at each others' necks if this were back in the GameCube days. :lol Guess being an uncle for 20 years mellowed Nook out a bit.

Tasty makes me want to play this again

No time like the present! You don't even really get penalized as much in this game for ditching it for long periods. AFAIK you have to explicitly give the OK to any villager before they're able to move out. Worst you'll have to deal with is some weeds I think.

The game had a good amount of content to start but now it's really coming into its own after all these free updates. 

kingv

« Reply #3228 on: December 04, 2020, 05:05:16 PM »
Going to put in an hour or two a week prior to Christmas. Step my town up a bit.

pilonv1

« Reply #3229 on: December 05, 2020, 05:27:43 AM »
Whats the deal with inviting campsite visitors to your island? I thought you could just ask them and then pick who you want to boot out. Every time one of them show up I have to play a card game to get them to stay
itm

Tasty

« Reply #3230 on: December 05, 2020, 08:50:57 AM »
They make it as difficult as possible. IIRC for Hopper I had to scan the Amiibo card and try on multiple separate days because it is not a super easy process.

Tasty

« Reply #3231 on: December 05, 2020, 09:27:40 AM »
Going to put in an hour or two a week prior to Christmas. Step my town up a bit.

Make sure to get the toy every day at Nook's, there's lots of variations to trade for. :)

And omg I can't wait until the 11th and 15th when the Snowflake and Toy Day recipes start spawning (respectively.) 🤩

Tasty

« Reply #3232 on: December 05, 2020, 10:49:26 AM »
Happy 15th birthday to Animal Crossing: Wild World! The game that took the series from niche to mainstream.

I remember getting this launch day with my sister, waiting until mom came home from work was agonizing. 😩

But getting it "early" instead of at Christmas was still amazing. :heartbeat

pilonv1

« Reply #3233 on: December 06, 2020, 05:31:48 AM »
Make sure you're stocking up on the snowflakes for the recipes.
itm

Tasty

« Reply #3234 on: December 06, 2020, 09:51:55 AM »
Make sure you're stocking up on the snowflakes for the recipes.

Also ornaments on cedar trees starting on the 15th!

pilonv1

« Reply #3235 on: December 07, 2020, 05:20:30 AM »
I'm still waiting for these "summer shells" Isabelle was talking about, haven't seen one yet
itm

Tasty

« Reply #3236 on: December 07, 2020, 04:39:50 PM »
They're blue and make some sweet recipes.

pilonv1

« Reply #3237 on: December 08, 2020, 04:56:10 AM »
I know they're blue, I was stating that I haven't seen one on my island yet andy-kun :gurl
itm

Tasty

« Reply #3238 on: December 08, 2020, 09:58:42 AM »
Oh... you want some free ones mailed to ya?

pilonv1

« Reply #3239 on: December 09, 2020, 06:09:11 AM »
No I just wanted to find one, sick of Isabelle's bullshit
itm