Author Topic: Snyder Cut of benji/toku Never Getting Over It Snyder Cut Bless Up Thread  (Read 9106 times)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

benjipwns

• time to get in love formation
Re: Snyder Cut of benji/toku Never Getting Over It Snyder Cut Bless Up Thread
« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2019, 03:45:17 PM »
Damn, I never listened to the full version of Diana's theme from her movie:

:lawd

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think it might even be better than the original:

But the short motif version from Justice League :yuck
[close]
[close]

Stro

• #SaturnSquad
« Reply #123 on: November 27, 2019, 04:25:31 PM »
Among the many issues with Justice League is Danny Elfman's ego thinking no one else's established music was worth a shit and thinking his Batman and Williams' Superman themes were the only ones that counted and then went on to fuck both of them up in the movie and ignore the Zimmer themes at the same time. This helped add to the lack of cohesion and continuity that was already visually apparent with Whedon's scenes not at all matching Snyder's look/style/tone.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2019, 04:27:23 PM »
To be fair, I think it sucks they have abandon the William's Superman theme.

Though, I guess it wouldn't fit MoS or BvS.

Stro

• #SaturnSquad
« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2019, 04:32:13 PM »
Elfman brought it back only to use it as a dark reprise for bad Superman. What's the fucking point. He made a big deal about how that was the only Superman theme and that's how he used it :beli

benjipwns

« Reply #126 on: November 27, 2019, 04:34:32 PM »
Justice League brought it back, but it's kinda weird:

Although I don't particularly like Giacchino's Star Trek themes, I did sorta like the way he incorporated the original fanfare. So I don't particularly mind them using the "most known" Superman and Batman themes in there, but like Stro said, they were weird in Justice League.

Here's the Batman one:

benjipwns

« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2019, 04:40:50 PM »
I hope they keep everything about Aquaman's theme going forward too, especially the hardcore 80s/Miami Vice breakdown part.

Stro

• #SaturnSquad
« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2019, 05:15:20 PM »
Perhaps the most ironic part about it is that Zimmer's Superman theme already evoked the Williams theme more than anything Elfman did with the piece.

Nintex

• CORPO
« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2019, 06:04:53 PM »
that's not the aquaman team Benji, this is

GAMER

benjipwns

Snyder did a stream/commentary of BvS a week or so ago talked about some more deets. Apparently he's now selling merchandise with "Zack Snyder's Justice League" on it for charity. Which would probably be the name for any Snyder Cut.

The big thing he revealed is confirming that the "unfilmable" version of Justice League was essentially like Endgame, starting after Darkseid wins and the Anti-Life Equation has conquered the planet. They would form the League "first" in that future to send Flash back to Bruce and Diana to form it sooner. I assume this would also be related to why they had to bring Supes back to life faster. He had mentioned before that the League fighting Superman scene in Justice League was kept over and reworked.

The "Knightmare" in BvS was going to be how the world looked, which is why he was talking about it.

It's funny that now, Warners would probably green light the whole Snyder "Trilogy" if he was pitching it to them fresh rather than calling it unfilmable and being horrified at what he was planning without their oversight. :lol They're producing a New Gods movie, they prefer the "darker" tone to Marvel supposedly, they've signed off on other ideas they were resisting to try and beat Marvel to them, Wonder Woman and Aquaman are both hits, Endgame made billions, etc.

My offer to Warners: I will trade never getting the Snyder Cut for getting an unlimited budget Snyder shot scene of Darkseid's victory speech from Final Crisis for someone else to use in their eventual guaranteed League/Superman vs. Darkseid film unedited.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1262521825789046785
https://twitter.com/AlishaGrauso/status/1262481074912768003
https://twitter.com/DRMovieNews1/status/1262520143172767744
https://twitter.com/GraceRandolph/status/1262483441460957185
https://twitter.com/LazyAndroids/status/1262480410300133376

And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Mark 11:22-24

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Good, now people will finally realize what a hack/fraud Snyder is.
dog

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Good, now people will finally realize what a hack/fraud Snyder is.

Your false prophet joss whedon run out of town, his successors russo bros best work a big budget pale imitation of superior violence...I pray you see the light one day brother

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
which one of you fuckers is gonna go Nacho when it's also shit?

Stro

• #SaturnSquad
The Snyder Cut that Snyder himself talked about is 3 movies, 2 1/2 of which were never filmed in any way so all a Snyder Cut of JL is going to be mostly different green screened backgrounds.

Nintex

• CORPO
yes :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice
GAMER

Tasty

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
If it's going to make more money than it costs to produce of course Warners is gonna say yes. Maybe you have to wait for some producers to quit or get fired but the almighty dolla decides it all at the end of the day :money And fucking Tsujihara isn't even prez anymore which makes it an even easier decision.

But they know it takes time for demand to build. Took them 20 years to release the Donner Cut of Superman II but they did it.

If Snyder Cut was a day 1 with the theatrical Blu-ray release literally no one would care, let alone care anymore these days with everything happening.

But I guess this is where we are now...
🕊

Tasty

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
The Snyder Cut that Snyder himself talked about is 3 movies, 2 1/2 of which were never filmed in any way so all a Snyder Cut of JL is going to be mostly different green screened backgrounds.

Yeah clearly this thing isn't going to be SNYDER'S ORIGINAL AWESOME PLAN with two movies or whatever, but I mean even if they just stick to the original Terrio shooting script there's going to be a LOT of differences compared to after Whedon came on board (who, before the director rumors/official Snyder firing, they even admitted just wrote whole new scenes anyways.)

Combined with different color grading and different takes for certain lines, could certainly still end up being a much difference film.
🕊

Stro

• #SaturnSquad
But I think Snyder left the project before a lot of the script was shot, hence the Whedon doing his own shit, so I go back to it's mostly going to be the same movie with different green screen backgrounds/effects and maybe scenes in slightly different order.

But if there's Supermustache, I'll prob watch

filler

• filler
  • filler
finally the super mario bros movie we always needed  :lawd

Rahxephon91

I'll watch this, because it's interesting. I think calling Zack a hack is dumb. He is an edge lord and his sensibilities and vision were'nt a mix for DC. But, he like Micheal Bay have a personal style and know how to make a movie. It's just they chose to make things that are pretty stupid. I've always thought regardless of the fact that the material is what it is, the DC movies were still going for something that the Marvel movies were'nt. They looked way better visually then the pretty standard stuff Marvel was putting out. Them being bad really is'nt the point here. They were trying things and I'm interested in seeing the Justice League movie that was still trying that direction before it got reconfigured into something more Marvelish. I think it will be interesting to see the continuation of that style, those plot lines, and so on that were dropped in order to make a more audience friendly movie.

Now, I don't expect the movie to be good. It's really not about that though.

Stro

• #SaturnSquad
The Snyder trilogy of DCEU movies are ugly as fuck. Wonder Woman is mostly pretty ugly, too. Aquaman is the only DCEU movie not full of mud and rain and everything being dirty and dingy or dusty.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
I'll watch this, because it's interesting. I think calling Zack a hack is dumb. He is an edge lord and his sensibilities and vision were'nt a mix for DC. But, he like Micheal Bay have a personal style and know how to make a movie. It's just they chose to make things that are pretty stupid. I've always thought regardless of the fact that the material is what it is, the DC movies were still going for something that the Marvel movies were'nt. They looked way better visually then the pretty standard stuff Marvel was putting out. Them being bad really is'nt the point here. They were trying things and I'm interested in seeing the Justice League movie that was still trying that direction before it got reconfigured into something more Marvelish. I think it will be interesting to see the continuation of that style, those plot lines, and so on that were dropped in order to make a more audience friendly movie.

Now, I don't expect the movie to be good. It's really not about that though.

So he's a hack  :doge

thanks for clearing that up for us man

Tasty

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
Traditionally calling someone a hack denigrates them as a work-for-hire, with no creative passion or ideas of their own.

Whatever you can say of Zack Snyder, he's not that.
🕊

Stro

• #SaturnSquad
He's great for 1:1 recreations of comic book panels just not the intent or meaning behind any of them

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Traditionally calling someone a hack denigrates them as a work-for-hire, with no creative passion or ideas of their own.

Whatever you can say of Zack Snyder, he's not that.

Yes. They’re doing their own thing.  Both Snyder and Bay have a unique, auteur style, each approach has the subtlety of a 7-year-old left alone with an air horn.

benjipwns

Snyder's main problem is a similar problem across blockbusters, third acts are disgusting and he pads the length too much with this shit. I know we needed Wonder Woman in action and the heroes to team up, but Doomsday and Superman's Death were entirely unnecessary. It should have been simpler, Lex hires Deathstroke (like in the post-credits clip of JL) and Bruce and Diana beat up a bunch of a thugs and Deathstroke to save Martha while Supes goes and catches a fleeing Luthor. No death, no grand sacrifice, shorter in general, etc.

Man of Steel also falls apart with Zod and the whole big fight and plan to terraform the planet and whatever. It's way more fun when you have hobo Clark wandering around, Lois chasing him down, then it coming to the head in Smallville with that epic fight. The escape from the ship was enough, Supes killed all those dudes not just Zod, he just didn't do it directly, an escape that blows up the ship or some shit leaving just Zod to fight would have again been simpler and he still could have done a crazy stupid fight in Metropolis.

300 doesn't have this problem because the third act was written for him by history. The Spartans win but die. So instead Snyder inserted the whole stupid plotline back in Sparta with McNulty. When the film never needed to go back to Sparta, it should have stayed on the battlefield the entire time.

I'm still hyped for this because the Ultimate Cut for me took BvS from "very below average" to "decent" for me. (to upon reflection of how it fits into Snyder's New Gods tale: "this could have worked") I hope he can take Justice League from "unwatchable filth" to "yeah, I don't regret having watched this a second time" and I totally want to see the scraps of what he was actually doing with the New Gods/Knightmare.

I like DC okay. And this has been the best Bats since Keaton, best Wonder Woman in general, etc. Plus he wanted to do Darkseid AS A GOD, not space tyrant, which is an immediate yes from me. :yeshrug
[close]

Rahxephon91

He's great for 1:1 recreations of comic book panels just not the intent or meaning behind any of them
Oh he captured the crapyness of the original 300 well.

Rahxephon91

The Snyder trilogy of DCEU movies are ugly as fuck. Wonder Woman is mostly pretty ugly, too. Aquaman is the only DCEU movie not full of mud and rain and everything being dirty and dingy or dusty.
Eh I disagree. I'd rather put them on in the background in 4k HDR then the blandness of Civil War.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
all of you gag on my dick idc enjoy everything bless up

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1263171731801419781

Tasty

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
See, that $20-30 mil number is why this has been "A Thing." Snyder basically needed to pull a viral marketing stunt to convince the execs to greenlight this thing, and credit where it's due.

I will say the ongoing plot for The Snyder Cut has been far easier to follow and engage with than any of his films, a shame this fun time now has to come to an end.
🕊

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
the fun time just started bitch

Tasty

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
It's going to come out and be forgotten about two weeks later, who are you kidding :snooze
🕊

BIONIC

• Live Laugh Love. Wanderlust. The Office. Pizza. Dog mom. #Blessed
I might be the only person alive that actually really enjoyed the theatrical Justice League  :hmph

Anyways, will watch this too.
Wine

Stro

• #SaturnSquad
I enjoyed JL a lot more than MoS/BvS certainly

Tuckers Law

:jeb :jeb :jeb

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
I’d rather have Sucker Punch 2
WDW

Stro

• #SaturnSquad
Watching the Snyder Cut will probably feel like a sucker punch

Tasty

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸

More like Donkey Punch
🕊

BIONIC

• Live Laugh Love. Wanderlust. The Office. Pizza. Dog mom. #Blessed

More like Donkey Punch

:drool
Wine

Cauliflower Of Love

• Section 552
Original version going to end up better than this whole "new thing". :lol
titor

filler

• filler
  • filler
I’d rather have Sucker Punch 2
after the outstanding success of da snydah cut we can have both  :rejoice

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Original version going to end up better than this whole "new thing". :lol

Ok, Joss.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
It's going to come out and be forgotten about two weeks later, who are you kidding :snooze

:kermit

eleuin

• perennial loser
Happy for those who care bless up

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Dude makes popcorn action movies, and most of them aren't even that great. :heh
dog

filler

• filler
  • filler
a fellow 5D chess master  :trumps

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
Release the revised Whendon cut.

benjipwns

The executive team who greenlit this are completely different from the now fired guys who said "no, we'll pay $50 million to CGI off that mustache, but not one penny for him to shave it and regrow it. Not. One. Penny."

Even though they were rushing the film out, giving Whedon barely anything to work with, to get bonuses.

Bless up. Dreams can come true in Trump's America.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Release the Daniel Snyder cut!
©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
bless the snyder cut and death to the detractors :rejoice

chronovore

• relapsed dev
As long as we’re doing that, I’d like the modern day David Lynch cut of Dune after turning him loose on the archives. That’d be worth $20M easy if it were marketed correctly.

Stro

• #SaturnSquad
25 minutes of the warty/puss-y guy yelling HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nintex

• CORPO
I didn't even know David Lynch Dune existed until I saw a trailer pop up the other day in reference to the new DUNE that is coming out.
The publisher did one hell of a job covering up its existence for future generations.
GAMER

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
I will hate watch this the same way I do with all of Snyder's "movies" and then mercilessly troll it
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I didn't even know David Lynch Dune existed until I saw a trailer pop up the other day in reference to the new DUNE that is coming out.
The publisher did one hell of a job covering up its existence for future generations.

The first time I saw David Lynch's Dune was on broadcast television.
dog