Author Topic: Snyder Cut of benji/toku Never Getting Over It Snyder Cut Bless Up Thread  (Read 35715 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Good, now people will finally realize what a hack/fraud Snyder is.

Your false prophet joss whedon run out of town, his successors russo bros best work a big budget pale imitation of superior violence...I pray you see the light one day brother

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
which one of you fuckers is gonna go Nacho when it's also shit?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
yes :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice
🤴

Tasty

If it's going to make more money than it costs to produce of course Warners is gonna say yes. Maybe you have to wait for some producers to quit or get fired but the almighty dolla decides it all at the end of the day :money And fucking Tsujihara isn't even prez anymore which makes it an even easier decision.

But they know it takes time for demand to build. Took them 20 years to release the Donner Cut of Superman II but they did it.

If Snyder Cut was a day 1 with the theatrical Blu-ray release literally no one would care, let alone care anymore these days with everything happening.

But I guess this is where we are now...

Tasty

The Snyder Cut that Snyder himself talked about is 3 movies, 2 1/2 of which were never filmed in any way so all a Snyder Cut of JL is going to be mostly different green screened backgrounds.

Yeah clearly this thing isn't going to be SNYDER'S ORIGINAL AWESOME PLAN with two movies or whatever, but I mean even if they just stick to the original Terrio shooting script there's going to be a LOT of differences compared to after Whedon came on board (who, before the director rumors/official Snyder firing, they even admitted just wrote whole new scenes anyways.)

Combined with different color grading and different takes for certain lines, could certainly still end up being a much difference film.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
finally the super mario bros movie we always needed  :lawd

Rahxephon91

I'll watch this, because it's interesting. I think calling Zack a hack is dumb. He is an edge lord and his sensibilities and vision were'nt a mix for DC. But, he like Micheal Bay have a personal style and know how to make a movie. It's just they chose to make things that are pretty stupid. I've always thought regardless of the fact that the material is what it is, the DC movies were still going for something that the Marvel movies were'nt. They looked way better visually then the pretty standard stuff Marvel was putting out. Them being bad really is'nt the point here. They were trying things and I'm interested in seeing the Justice League movie that was still trying that direction before it got reconfigured into something more Marvelish. I think it will be interesting to see the continuation of that style, those plot lines, and so on that were dropped in order to make a more audience friendly movie.

Now, I don't expect the movie to be good. It's really not about that though.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
I'll watch this, because it's interesting. I think calling Zack a hack is dumb. He is an edge lord and his sensibilities and vision were'nt a mix for DC. But, he like Micheal Bay have a personal style and know how to make a movie. It's just they chose to make things that are pretty stupid. I've always thought regardless of the fact that the material is what it is, the DC movies were still going for something that the Marvel movies were'nt. They looked way better visually then the pretty standard stuff Marvel was putting out. Them being bad really is'nt the point here. They were trying things and I'm interested in seeing the Justice League movie that was still trying that direction before it got reconfigured into something more Marvelish. I think it will be interesting to see the continuation of that style, those plot lines, and so on that were dropped in order to make a more audience friendly movie.

Now, I don't expect the movie to be good. It's really not about that though.

So he's a hack  :doge

thanks for clearing that up for us man

Tasty

Traditionally calling someone a hack denigrates them as a work-for-hire, with no creative passion or ideas of their own.

Whatever you can say of Zack Snyder, he's not that.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Traditionally calling someone a hack denigrates them as a work-for-hire, with no creative passion or ideas of their own.

Whatever you can say of Zack Snyder, he's not that.

Yes. They’re doing their own thing.  Both Snyder and Bay have a unique, auteur style, each approach has the subtlety of a 7-year-old left alone with an air horn.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Snyder's main problem is a similar problem across blockbusters, third acts are disgusting and he pads the length too much with this shit. I know we needed Wonder Woman in action and the heroes to team up, but Doomsday and Superman's Death were entirely unnecessary. It should have been simpler, Lex hires Deathstroke (like in the post-credits clip of JL) and Bruce and Diana beat up a bunch of a thugs and Deathstroke to save Martha while Supes goes and catches a fleeing Luthor. No death, no grand sacrifice, shorter in general, etc.

Man of Steel also falls apart with Zod and the whole big fight and plan to terraform the planet and whatever. It's way more fun when you have hobo Clark wandering around, Lois chasing him down, then it coming to the head in Smallville with that epic fight. The escape from the ship was enough, Supes killed all those dudes not just Zod, he just didn't do it directly, an escape that blows up the ship or some shit leaving just Zod to fight would have again been simpler and he still could have done a crazy stupid fight in Metropolis.

300 doesn't have this problem because the third act was written for him by history. The Spartans win but die. So instead Snyder inserted the whole stupid plotline back in Sparta with McNulty. When the film never needed to go back to Sparta, it should have stayed on the battlefield the entire time.

I'm still hyped for this because the Ultimate Cut for me took BvS from "very below average" to "decent" for me. (to upon reflection of how it fits into Snyder's New Gods tale: "this could have worked") I hope he can take Justice League from "unwatchable filth" to "yeah, I don't regret having watched this a second time" and I totally want to see the scraps of what he was actually doing with the New Gods/Knightmare.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I like DC okay. And this has been the best Bats since Keaton, best Wonder Woman in general, etc. Plus he wanted to do Darkseid AS A GOD, not space tyrant, which is an immediate yes from me. :yeshrug
[close]

Rahxephon91

He's great for 1:1 recreations of comic book panels just not the intent or meaning behind any of them
Oh he captured the crapyness of the original 300 well.

Rahxephon91

The Snyder trilogy of DCEU movies are ugly as fuck. Wonder Woman is mostly pretty ugly, too. Aquaman is the only DCEU movie not full of mud and rain and everything being dirty and dingy or dusty.
Eh I disagree. I'd rather put them on in the background in 4k HDR then the blandness of Civil War.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
all of you gag on my dick idc enjoy everything bless up

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1263171731801419781

Tasty

See, that $20-30 mil number is why this has been "A Thing." Snyder basically needed to pull a viral marketing stunt to convince the execs to greenlight this thing, and credit where it's due.

I will say the ongoing plot for The Snyder Cut has been far easier to follow and engage with than any of his films, a shame this fun time now has to come to an end.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
the fun time just started bitch

Tasty

It's going to come out and be forgotten about two weeks later, who are you kidding :snooze

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
I might be the only person alive that actually really enjoyed the theatrical Justice League  :hmph

Anyways, will watch this too.
Margs

Tuckers Law

:jeb :jeb :jeb

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
I’d rather have Sucker Punch 2
WDW

Tasty

Watching the Snyder Cut will probably feel like a sucker punch

More like Donkey Punch

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Watching the Snyder Cut will probably feel like a sucker punch

More like Donkey Punch

:drool
Margs

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Original version going to end up better than this whole "new thing". :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
I’d rather have Sucker Punch 2
after the outstanding success of da snydah cut we can have both  :rejoice

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Original version going to end up better than this whole "new thing". :lol

Ok, Joss.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
It's going to come out and be forgotten about two weeks later, who are you kidding :snooze

:kermit

eleuin

• perennial loser
Happy for those who care bless up

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Dude makes popcorn action movies, and most of them aren't even that great. :heh
dog

team filler

• filler
  • filler
a fellow 5D chess master  :trumps

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
Release the revised Whendon cut.

benjipwns

The executive team who greenlit this are completely different from the now fired guys who said "no, we'll pay $50 million to CGI off that mustache, but not one penny for him to shave it and regrow it. Not. One. Penny."

Even though they were rushing the film out, giving Whedon barely anything to work with, to get bonuses.

Bless up. Dreams can come true in Trump's America.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Release the Daniel Snyder cut!
©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
bless the snyder cut and death to the detractors :rejoice

chronovore

• relapsed dev
As long as we’re doing that, I’d like the modern day David Lynch cut of Dune after turning him loose on the archives. That’d be worth $20M easy if it were marketed correctly.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
I didn't even know David Lynch Dune existed until I saw a trailer pop up the other day in reference to the new DUNE that is coming out.
The publisher did one hell of a job covering up its existence for future generations.
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
I will hate watch this the same way I do with all of Snyder's "movies" and then mercilessly troll it
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I didn't even know David Lynch Dune existed until I saw a trailer pop up the other day in reference to the new DUNE that is coming out.
The publisher did one hell of a job covering up its existence for future generations.

The first time I saw David Lynch's Dune was on broadcast television.
dog

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
a lot of dumb bitches in this thread

Tasty

I don't respect Snyder, but I respect a creator getting to realize his original vision (or as close an approximation as possible.)

benjipwns

I still love how they called Snyder's original vision "unfilmable" and then Disney went and made $2 billion off the same basic thing a couple years later while the new heads of the DCEU greenlit a New Gods film

Mostly, on the DC fan front, I'm grumpy about the waste of Batfleck and how they've wasted Superman in the process too, whereas in the alternate universe we've not only had Darkseid and the anti-life equation, but Superman is back with a big key role instead of a last minute cameo and Batfleck's had a nice send off to make way for the younger Batman with the second part of Justice League lining up with a bunch of actual films and probably a younger Batman and even keeping Superman out of the limbo he's going to be in for like a decade until they recast it and try yet another stupid origin film

Snyder's not great, but his plan wouldn't have broken the rest of the DCEU as much as what they did by canceling the film twice though still releasing it

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

we'll always have animated darkseid voiced by michael ironside telling superman "I told you, I am many things but here, I am a God." Which is 1000% the only way you end a major motion picture dc event featuring darkseid but there are dumb bitches everywhere.

benjipwns

animated DC also did the only previous time Batman "beat" Darkseid:

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
*Michael Ironside Voice*
"I told you once Superman, if you would not be my knight, you would be my pawn."

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
I have no dog in this fight, and it's worth noting the Kingdom Of Heaven theatrical cut was a disaster while the director's cut is literally a masterpiece. Snyder is no Ridley Scott, of course, but the point is that this could easily be an entirely different film.

All I can tell you nerds is that I saw about 10 minutes of Justice League on HBO and it was trash. But I've seen about 30 minutes of Batman v Superman on HBO and it was kinda cool.

benjipwns

lol I just looked into the last DC Animated film that came out recently and it also starts with the heroes defeated by Darkseid and uses a number of the tropes Snyder was ripping from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League_Dark:_Apokolips_War

benjipwns

But I've seen about 30 minutes of Batman v Superman on HBO and it was kinda cool.
You can mostly skip the other two and a half hours then, unless you didn't watch the Batman/Superman fight part. Thankfully, it's on YouTube.

kingv

I liked BVS. I’m not afraid to say it.

Also prostate milking vids.

Tuckers Law

I genuinely like BvS ultimate cut, and I consider it better than many Marvel movies that I enjoyed.  Sure would've been nice if WB execs weren't causing so much fuckery at the time with their DC slate.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
The Ultimate cut of BvS is great. As is Snyder's Watchmen extended edition.
I feel like his films need room to breath to give you all the dark and grim atmosphere and backstories.
Otherwise it's missing the Snyderism.

Easy win for him this film. It'll be better than the original release which was garbage and puts him back on the horse for more movies like it.

I enjoyed the Nolanesque intro of JL, with the bank robbery and Wonder Woman then it went downhill fast.
🤴

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
I haven't seen any of the DC movies since Man of Steel (which I reviled) so I'll check out BvS Ultimate Cut... just saying right now though that I strongly question the casting of Lex Luthor.
每天生气

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Wait, Darkseid is going to be in this? He wasn't in the original, was he?

https://twitter.com/Ray__Porter/status/1263982099377188864

that's kind of insane that they cut darkseid out of the movie lol
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
He can't be in too much of the movie if they have some unknown actor playing him.  Probably just shows up in the end to say he'll be the big bad in the second movie.  Bet they spent 10 million CGIing his zigzag rays though. 

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
I genuinely like BvS ultimate cut, and I consider it better than many Marvel movies that I enjoyed.  Sure would've been nice if WB execs weren't causing so much fuckery at the time with their DC slate.

BvS Ultimate cut was just having the Band-Aid ripped off 20% slower
___

Tuckers Law

I would never say that BvS ultimate cut is for everyone, but I found it to be a much, much better movie when compared to the ultra-meh stuff that everyone still creams over, like Cap3 Civil War.
Zack and the production had a clear vision for that movie and were able to deliver it, but because it wasn’t to the liking and expectations of a chunk of their audience (which then proceeded to throw a big and vocal online hissy about it and act like a bunch of smug dickbags towards those that like the movie), dipshit WB execs overcorrected to the detriment of all involved.

I understand not wanting to lose money and needing to adjust to improve your turnout, but they went about it in probably the worst way possible.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 05:35:27 PM by Tuckers Law »

benjipwns

When they rewrote Justice League, Darkseid mostly was going to be saved for the second part, BUT he was going to appear in the first part when Diana tells the story (it also wasn't going to be a voiceover infodump but the start of the film) of the prior Apokolips invasion. It wasn't going to be Steppenwolf who came before, it was going to be Darkseid himself who was beaten back. Steppenwolf's plotline was that he was coming this time to try and gather the mother boxes to restore his place in the eyes of Darkseid as he had fallen out of favor and thus open the way for Darkseid to come and acquire the Anti-Life Equation.

In the theatrical cut, Steppenwolf still has like a single line left about how this is why he's even in the film. A ton of his dialogue was cut out because that plotline was excised and that's why the Justice League has to spend so much time standing around and explaining what the plot is. (A bunch of those scenes were added by Whedon, you can tell by if Wonder Woman is not in the shot with anyone else, Gal Godot couldn't shoot her scenes with the rest.) Then they stuck Steppenwolf back in the prior invasion so he seemed more dangerous and powerful and stuff rather than just being a Darkseid lackey since Darkseid was excised from the film too.

BvS suffers in the theatrical cut for similar reasons as Clark's plotline, and parts of Lois' got sliced out. That's why the Ultimate Cut seems shorter despite adding 30 minutes, there's a clear build up of events for all the characters, with Luthor at the center of it. You actually see Clark and Lois investigating and uncovering the plot, you see Clark investigating Batman and realizing that he's become dangerous too, etc. It doesn't just jump to Luthor suddenly telling them to fight, you're shown how he's manipulated everyone.

Also amusingly, Luthor's craziness is explained better in the Ultimate Cut, as the scene where he talks with Batman in his cell is extended. He explains his constant crazed obsession with gods and everything in the film is due to having been told by the Kryptonian ship about Darkseid, and that he essentially was planning everything in order to eliminate what would attract Darkseid back to Earth: Superman. Except they've screwed up, there's more superheroes, there's mother boxes on Earth, it now doesn't matter, Darkseid is coming anyway.

And he's a god.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 02:42:21 AM by benjipwns »

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race

I've seen them both, i actually have them on vudu for some reason.  Literally cannot tell the difference and the idea of a "new cut" is hilarious, which is why this new "cut" will make this film any better.

For the record I actually enjoyed Justice League.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
When they rewrote Justice League, Darkseid mostly was going to be saved for the second part, BUT he was going to appear in the first part when Diana tells the story (it also wasn't going to be a voiceover infodump but the start of the film) of the prior Apokolips invasion. It wasn't going to be Steppenwolf who came before, it was going to be Darkseid himself who was beaten back. Steppenwolf's plotline was that he was coming this time to try and gather the mother boxes to restore his place in the eyes of Darkseid as he had fallen out of favor and thus open the way for Darkseid to come and acquire the Anti-Life Equation.

In the theatrical cut, Steppenwolf still has like a single line left about how this is why he's even in the film. A ton of his dialogue was cut out because that plotline was excised and that's why the Justice League has to spend so much time standing around and explaining what the plot is. (A bunch of those scenes were added by Whedon, you can tell by if Wonder Woman is not in the shot with anyone else, Gal Godot couldn't shoot her scenes with the rest.) Then they stuck Steppenwolf back in the prior invasion so he seemed more dangerous and powerful and stuff rather than just being a Darkseid lackey since Darkseid was excised from the film too.

BvS suffers in the theatrical cut for similar reasons as Clark's plotline, and parts of Lois' got sliced out. That's why the Ultimate Cut seems shorter despite adding 30 minutes, there's a clear build up of events for all the characters, with Luthor at the center of it. You actually see Clark and Lois investigating and uncovering the plot, you see Clark investigating Batman and realizing that he's become dangerous too, etc. It doesn't just jump to Luthor suddenly telling them to fight, you're shown how he's manipulated everyone.

Also amusingly, Luthor's craziness is explained better in the Ultimate Cut, as the scene where he talks with Batman in his cell is extended. He explains his constant crazed obsession with gods and everything in the film is due to having been told by the Kryptonian ship about Darkseid, and that he essentially was planning everything in order to eliminate what would attract Darkseid back to Earth: Superman. Except they've screwed up, there's more superheroes, there's mother boxes on Earth, it now doesn't matter, Darkseid is coming anyway.

And he's a god.

JL really needs 30 more minutes of characters explaining themselves.  I've always said it.