Author Topic: Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Starring RAMBO  (Read 39547 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Mortal Kombat 11
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2019, 09:39:21 AM »
so he's mad at the krypt? i don't get it, they've been doing that ps2.

also the injustice 2 "grind" wasn't difficult at all. ::) all this reveals is he had no online friends or a clan :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2019, 04:51:41 PM »
Note on the Switch version of the game- the retail release apparently has 32kb of data on the cart and you have to download the full game from the eShop (20gb).  :lol

Canceled my Amazon pre-order and bought it off the eShop instead.  It's pre-loading now, but there's rumblings that there's gonna be a huge day one patch so it doesn't matter.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2019, 04:58:53 PM »
ど助平

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2019, 05:56:18 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #184 on: April 21, 2019, 12:09:38 AM »
Supposedly a dude on reddit has datamined the dlc characters from the switch version of the game.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/bf2kis/from_the_switch_leaked_files/

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Joker
ShangTsung
Night wolf
Terminator
Sindel
Spawn
Ash
Fujin
Sheeva
[close]

I'm not sure I buy it, seems sorta fanfictiony.

Hard to believe that DC would allow for fatalities on the Joker... :thinking
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #185 on: April 21, 2019, 01:18:30 AM »
:batman

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #186 on: April 21, 2019, 01:50:52 AM »
Hard to believe that DC would allow for fatalities on the Joker... :thinking

I thought that too but then I saw people posting about joker cutting off people's faces and wearing them? that's some fatality level business

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #187 on: April 21, 2019, 09:58:21 AM »
yeah but most of those were "PG-13" though IIRC, nothing really bloody anyway.

picked up that fanatical deal, hopefully no issue getting Shao Khan, etc.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #188 on: April 21, 2019, 11:02:12 AM »
I get that people are upset that you have to grind for the ugly costumes, but I played a lot of Injustice 2 and in that game you had to grind for the ugly costumes doing shit like "the joker is playing a prank on you! Take 75% more damage and your controls reverse every three seconds and also the floor is lava"

I just learned to stop caring about ugly costumes.  :snob

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #189 on: April 21, 2019, 12:11:39 PM »
i never actually did any single player other than the story in Inj2 but had so much currency from being in a big clan that i bought all the gear from the lootboxes

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #190 on: April 21, 2019, 01:03:03 PM »
MKX towers I played a lot of cause of the challenging your friends part of it. That added a fun little element to single player that made it more interesting.

Looks like the PS4 preload is live for those that went digital

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #191 on: April 21, 2019, 10:41:31 PM »
Supposedly the towers are so hard that they are almost undoable for people who have finished the towers in injustice 2 and mkx  :lol
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #192 on: April 21, 2019, 11:21:35 PM »
those effect towers were like 70% bullshit. You'd get to the end and it'd just be like, constant acid bubbles and earthquakes.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #193 on: April 21, 2019, 11:24:43 PM »

:lol :lol :lol

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #194 on: April 22, 2019, 01:50:05 AM »
This ending is dumb.

If he uses time travel to undo slavery, he would never become Jax, therefore could not undo slavery :snob
[close]

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #195 on: April 22, 2019, 07:45:36 AM »
The MK9 challenge tower was pretty awesome.

Then they did some online procedurally generated garbage for MKX so I never bothered with it.

Now it’s seemingly the same but much much harder so you need to buy space bucks to actually win.

Fucking assholes :foxx
Margs

Tasty

« Reply #196 on: April 22, 2019, 09:07:42 AM »
Jax is my second favorite character. The idea of steel arms is fucking great. (Winter Soldier is my fave MCU character obviously.)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #197 on: April 22, 2019, 10:17:28 AM »
Glad that not only does he look the best he's ever in the history of the series in this one, he also has an amazing ending  :lol
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 01:24:17 PM by toku »

Coffee Dog

« Reply #198 on: April 22, 2019, 10:20:15 AM »
As someone who played Injustice 2, all of the gameplay altering unlockables like moves actually being available is the best change they could have made, who gives a fuck about customization being locked to mobile game grind? It's hats. Who gives a fuck. Last game I was having to grind for moves.

But now the press and everyone are freaking out because they want to willingly grind out like, hats for kung lao and slightly different Kano eyepieces, and its like, dont fucking ruin this for me just because i'm not dumb enough to try and get all the loot in a loot game. Whatever happened to people saying "its cosmetic, who gives a fuck"?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #199 on: April 22, 2019, 10:24:21 AM »
As someone who played Injustice 2, all of the gameplay altering unlockables like moves actually being available is the best change they could have made, who gives a fuck about customization being locked to mobile game grind? It's hats. Who gives a fuck. Last game I was having to grind for moves.

But now the press and everyone are freaking out because they want to willingly grind out like, hats for kung lao and slightly different Kano eyepieces, and its like, dont fucking ruin this for me just because i'm not dumb enough to try and get all the loot in a loot game. Whatever happened to people saying "its cosmetic, who gives a fuck"?

Why are we defending stupid "loot box" shit?  They made it difficult to unlock stuff so that people will pony up and pay real money to get it faster.  That's crap- WB is never going to learn.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #200 on: April 22, 2019, 10:28:48 AM »
i'm still not seeing how its any different than the previous krypt other than being able to spend irl money on stuff (which was also in X)

Coax

« Reply #201 on: April 22, 2019, 10:41:09 AM »
Also Brutalities can be obtained from the Krypt in MK11.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #202 on: April 22, 2019, 10:48:57 AM »
i'm still not seeing how its any different than the previous krypt other than being able to spend irl money on stuff (which was also in X)

Yanked a review snippet from US Gamer via REEEEEEEE:

augments also drop at random, in five different types: Soul, Netherflame, Order, Chaos, and Dragon Blood. When you level up a piece of gear, the augment slot you unlock will be one of these types as well. So if you have a Hat for Raiden, once you unlock the first augment slot—by equipping that piece of gear and using it in fights—it might be a Dragon Blood slot, but you've only received Soul and Order augments. Plus, those augments have to be for A) Raiden and B) Raiden's Hat. You're trying to fit two pieces of a puzzle together, but they're both pulled out of a box at random.

But wait, there's more! You've only leveled up that single hat. Raiden has 30 different hats and you have to level each one on its own. You can unequip an augment, but that costs 1,000 Koins. So for one character, you have three gear slots with 30 different pieces per slot, gained at random. Each piece of gear levels on its own, with random slots for specific types of augments, which also drop at random for any character.

Augments come at random, and since they're random, they may not fit the items you have.

I just dinged Dead or Alive 6 for its unlock system (which the developer improved post-launch) and Mortal Kombat 11's is much worse. Even if they had gone back to Injustice 2's system, with Mother Boxes dropping random loot for every character in the game, it would've been better than this. That was at least straightforward.

Mortal Kombat 11 is fighting itself. In addition to Koins there are at least four other different currencies, like Time Krystals, Hearts, Soul Fragments, Tower Skip Tokens, and XP Boosts Tokens for each gear item. I can't even give you the full scope of currencies, because some of them either aren't available or don't do anything until launch.

The one thing to wait on here is the day one patch, which could change things up...but this being a WB game, I'm not getting my hopes up.  They never learn.
ど助平

Coffee Dog

« Reply #203 on: April 22, 2019, 11:14:28 AM »

Why are we defending stupid "loot box" shit?  They made it difficult to unlock stuff so that people will pony up and pay real money to get it faster.  That's crap- WB is never going to learn.

Because the rewards dont actually seem to impact the decisions that you make whilst playing the game. It's only to peacock on people online. Why would I give a shit about the monetization involved in playing dress up in mortal kombat?

Its a fighting game. You pay, or in this case, gamble, for skins. It doesnt impact you as a consumer unless you are a sucker who gives in to the peer pressure and feels an intense NEED to give Scorpion racing stripes or whatever.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #204 on: April 22, 2019, 11:31:40 AM »

Because the rewards dont actually seem to impact the decisions that you make whilst playing the game. It's only to peacock on people online. Why would I give a shit about the monetization involved in playing dress up in mortal kombat?

Its a fighting game. You pay, or in this case, gamble, for skins. It doesnt impact you as a consumer unless you are a sucker who gives in to the peer pressure and feels an intense NEED to give Scorpion racing stripes or whatever.

So...you're defending loot box shit.   :doge

They have thrown customization, gear, and even fatalities and intro animations behind this virtual paywall and by current accounts it's worse than their previous games have been.  It's fucking stupid.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #205 on: April 22, 2019, 11:32:21 AM »
 i'm not trying to level up a hat or whatever, get just some costume pieces and it still sounds like you can do that the same way as always. either way i had just planned to buy the "unlock all krypt" dlc once that hits :yeshrug

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #206 on: April 22, 2019, 11:32:47 AM »
FUN FUN FUN

:mindblown
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #207 on: April 22, 2019, 11:34:43 AM »
i'm not trying to level up a hat or whatever, get just some costume pieces and it still sounds like you can do that the same way as always. either way i had just planned to buy the "unlock all krypt" dlc once that hits :yeshrug

I'm all about just getting in and playing versus too, but I'm not going to defend these shitty microtransaction-oriented "features." 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #208 on: April 22, 2019, 11:49:41 AM »
Looks like we can not give a fuck about augments:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mortal-kombat-11-review-thread.112859/page-6#post-20074918
Quote from: MHWilliams, post: 20074730, member: 989
Augments are not cosmetic.
Quote from: flyingman, post: 20074918, member: 55998
Augments are not online in anyway. They are not in local modes or normal towers. They are only specisific for Tower of Time single player mode.

I am saying this over few pages its useless shit just to equip you or your CPU character to get more powerful like Test Your Might thing in MK9

MHWilliams is the guy who wrote the review I posted the text from earlier.  :thinking
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #209 on: April 22, 2019, 11:52:38 AM »
But funnily enough, someone on REEEE posted a pretty in-depth "review" of the tower of time mode, shitting all over it, and WB blocked it on Youtube.  :lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mortal-kombat-11-roster-stages-discussion-thread.85607/page-170#post-20021355
It's a 7/10 for the story and 5/10 on towers of time as they currently stand, for a 6/10 overall for the single player suite of the game. If you are in it for single player + online or just for online and the competition, then the game is easily a 9/10 or 10/10. But if you're someone who only wants to fight the AI, use the game to relieve stress, watch fatalities and unlock stuff, then I would recommend you wait till launch or a few weeks after to see if the final product is different. Or wait for a sale.

The thing is...I want to unlock stuff.  But I'm not gonna grind, either.  Give me that purchasable unlock key.  :doge
ど助平

Coffee Dog

« Reply #210 on: April 22, 2019, 12:01:01 PM »

So...you're defending loot box shit.   :doge

They have thrown customization, gear, and even fatalities and intro animations behind this virtual paywall and by current accounts it's worse than their previous games have been.  It's fucking stupid.

Negatives: I cant access cosmetic things that dont matter

Positives: gameplay affecting elements are all available in the base purchase

That sure seems a lot better for me. Injustice 2 had additional moves locked behind loot boxes and stat altering equipment in casual matches, locked behind the exact same mode (multiverse). That impacts the game. Skins do not.

I'm fine when whales dump thousands into my game for shiny skins as long as I can still whoop their ass online in a fair environment. The only consumer who comes out with a worse experience with MK11's economy is someone who both only plays single player and has a craving for useless loot.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #211 on: April 22, 2019, 12:21:24 PM »
Coffee- I get where you're coming from and I largely don't care about this stuff, but on the other hand...it still sucks.  Nothing is going to change until people start "talking" with their wallets, and I recognize that I am fully part of the problem.  :doge

Very impressive- Perhaps more so than the Doom port.  If it weren't for all the people who will be playing this on shitty wireless connections, I'd totally just get this on Switch.

:leon
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #212 on: April 22, 2019, 12:35:41 PM »
Lmao jax
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #213 on: April 22, 2019, 12:36:03 PM »
The benefit to the towers mode in Injustice 2 was you could get better gear to do harder missions/worlds/whatever the fuck they were called and got to nerd out over deep cut references. It didn't mean shit for the story mode or even arcade modes, and idk if you could even take them online. It sounds exactly the same as Injustice 2 which was fun enough to play for a while and grind up after you've beaten story and arcade modes and wanted to do something different than just replay the arcade mode over and over and over.

I don't really see the problem unless they're hiding moves/fatalities that you can only get via grinding loot boxes.

There are apparently locked fatalities (brutalities?) in there.  If this is going to be like MKX was, a DLC unlock key will pop up to unlock all that shit.  Knowing WB...it will cost $20 or something.  :-\
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #214 on: April 22, 2019, 12:40:03 PM »
It seems like the biggest cutbacks are in the backgrounds... which makes sense and is a good choice.

I noticed the crowd was a lot thinner in the skarlet fight and the missile thing in the baraka fight was kind of hurting looking.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2019, 12:43:49 PM »
The benefit to the towers mode in Injustice 2 was you could get better gear to do harder missions/worlds/whatever the fuck they were called and got to nerd out over deep cut references. It didn't mean shit for the story mode or even arcade modes, and idk if you could even take them online. It sounds exactly the same as Injustice 2 which was fun enough to play for a while and grind up after you've beaten story and arcade modes and wanted to do something different than just replay the arcade mode over and over and over.

I don't really see the problem unless they're hiding moves/fatalities that you can only get via grinding loot boxes.

There are apparently locked fatalities (brutalities?) in there.  If this is going to be like MKX was, a DLC unlock key will pop up to unlock all that shit.  Knowing WB...it will cost $20 or something.  :-\

If its like the past games, the fatalities that "unlock" just display the move combination to do them on the move list. If you already know what buttons to hit you get the fatality regardless of what you've unlocked.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #216 on: April 22, 2019, 12:46:44 PM »

:trumps
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #217 on: April 22, 2019, 08:13:57 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #218 on: April 22, 2019, 09:15:51 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #219 on: April 22, 2019, 09:19:31 PM »
ど助平

Coax

« Reply #220 on: April 23, 2019, 05:24:52 AM »
Watching Maximilian's stream where he's looking into the grind and shop. He's really not liking what he's discovering when looking deeper, despite casually opening things in the Krypt and progressing through some of the initial towers in a previous stream. He didn't expect it would be as bad as it is and retained the benefit of the doubt until now. Considers grinds in other titles like 'receiving a new Mercedes' compared to this.

Also thinks it's doubtful there will be a similar DLC unlock for the Krypt items for 11, tower unlockables aside, or at least will be priced far more and be per-character. Estimates he's already spent 500k coins obtained in-game in the Krypt and still hasn't obtained any outfits or brutalities for the character he wants since the items are all randomized, while one of the others with him completed the story without any outfit unlocks and took four hours with the towers to unlock one skin for a character.

Haven't played it so can't give my own thoughts but it's it's weird seeing the stance that would consider customizing a character someone likes abnormal. Players do it for most games when given the chance. Yet add randomized lootboxes and such grinding and it's suddenly considered superfluous to a game and only for whales and suckers? The way people have become primed to it over the years is unfortunate. Looks stellar otherwise.
[close]

Ed: top of page. Wrapped the rest in spoiler tags to not be so wall of text-y :doge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #221 on: April 23, 2019, 08:59:51 AM »
Heads up for those interested in easy unlocks: doing each character's tutorial gives you a skin for them. Also doing ALL the tutorials gives you Shao Kahn as an announcer. Linking your game/account with MK Mobile gives you Kronika as an announcer.

Also, because NRS is NRS, the default variations in practice modes are not the tournament variations. :lol Here's how to use the tournament variations in practice

https://twitter.com/Wazminator/status/1120500565736345603
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 09:07:24 AM by nachobro »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #222 on: April 23, 2019, 09:37:15 AM »
Seems tower/progression hotfix incoming today. PC not even unlocked till noon.  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #223 on: April 23, 2019, 10:54:23 AM »
Brought my Switch to the office and have been messing with MK11- very impressive port overall.  My only complaint right now is that some menu screens have text that can be either too small or a bit blurry.  In-game looks great.

Heads up for those interested in easy unlocks: doing each character's tutorial gives you a skin for them. Also doing ALL the tutorials gives you Shao Kahn as an announcer. Linking your game/account with MK Mobile gives you Kronika as an announcer.

Also, because NRS is NRS, the default variations in practice modes are not the tournament variations. :lol Here's how to use the tournament variations in practice

https://twitter.com/Wazminator/status/1120500565736345603

Are you warp_ on metacouncil or did you just take his post?  :P

Started doing this, but you have to go through several other tutorial sessions before you can get to the character-specific tutorials, it seems.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #224 on: April 23, 2019, 10:58:26 AM »
 :badass

you got me

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #225 on: April 23, 2019, 11:01:35 AM »
 :asuka
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #226 on: April 23, 2019, 01:57:43 PM »
Also, can confirm that it's not easy fatalities to unlock, but actual extra fatalities- going through a training exercise the move list has one fatality listed for Raiden with the second one listed as "Locked."
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #227 on: April 23, 2019, 02:01:56 PM »
Can you still do the "locked" fatality if you do the correct inputs? That's how it was in the old games. Usually doing it once would "unlock" it in the movelist too.

Fatality inputs: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/04/guide_mortal_kombat_11_-_how_to_perform_all_fatalities
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 02:06:01 PM by nachobro »

Coffee Dog

« Reply #228 on: April 23, 2019, 04:17:00 PM »
Yeah you can still do locked fatalities. Can confirm that i just bought the game and ripped Kano in half with Saibot despite not having gone to the Krypt yet.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #229 on: April 23, 2019, 04:56:27 PM »
Steam unpacking sucks, this is gonna take forever. I don't remember DOA taking this long.

Looks like Shao Khan is unlocked so no issues there at least. Initial PC impressions seem pretty good, only worry is patches/etc will come later than XBO/PS4.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #230 on: April 23, 2019, 06:29:35 PM »
So is frost an unlockable character or something you have to buy don't want to pay for a cheat...

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #231 on: April 23, 2019, 06:43:39 PM »
It's a cheat, Frost is unlockable...heard get after beating the story.

First impressions are pretty good, will play more later.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #232 on: April 23, 2019, 06:44:19 PM »
Just gotta beat ch4 of the story to get her

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #233 on: April 23, 2019, 06:54:22 PM »
skarlet really is the distinguished mentally-challenged zoner i always wanted. waifu fo sho

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #234 on: April 23, 2019, 08:47:44 PM »
Looks like the Switch version is not up to date and the other versions are a patch or two ahead.  This would explain why I can't do character tutorials on there.  >:(

Time to check it out on PS4.  Probably PC tomorrow.  Yes, I'm insane and bought this on three platforms.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/bgipp9/mortal_kombat_11_is_not_parity_with_the_other/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Mortal Kombat 11 is not "parity" with the other versions they lied to us. The more I play the more I notice missing
Discussion

Things I've noticed so far feel free to add anything

1: Can't select announcers in the Switch version

2: No option to connect to the mobile game

3: Character Lessons are disabled on the Switch

4: Move list doesn't detail how to perform krushing blows. Only says "can trigger krushing blow" (apparently the Switch version is a few balance patches behind the other versions as well)
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #235 on: April 23, 2019, 10:35:14 PM »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #236 on: April 24, 2019, 10:11:58 AM »
Character tutorials are way worse than expected coming off of the advanced tutorials. would have liked more character-specific combo training or maybe an advanced tier past just a few special moves.

There is really no reason to gate them like they did tbh, can see a lot of people hitting a wall in the advanced group and never seeing them. On bright side easy non revenant/zombie skins for most though, sadly not Kitana.  :'(

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #237 on: April 24, 2019, 10:26:22 AM »
that final tier of tutorials is fucking HARD. I stayed up pretty late to finish the entire tutorial because I thought it'd be easy to bang them out...then it turned into "well i'm not sleeping til i finish this shit".

i still ended up going to bed with two final lessons going incomplete. just need the final combo in those two lessons :(

agrajag

« Reply #238 on: April 24, 2019, 10:46:11 AM »
playing this on switch and man is the image quality bad. So shimmery and jaggy. I don't even remember MK9 on 360 looking this bad.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #239 on: April 24, 2019, 10:55:41 AM »
Parity doesn't seem to be there in all versions of the game- tried it out on PC and found nothing updated in the in-game shop.  Why?  :lol

Looks great on PC though.  Ultra-widescreen 21:9 support :drool

playing this on switch and man is the image quality bad. So shimmery and jaggy. I don't even remember MK9 on 360 looking this bad.

MK9 looks cleaner than this, yeah, but the models and level of detail is way lower.  But considering that this is a port of an Unreal Engine 4 game (which the Switch is not supposed to be able to support or whatever), running at 60 FPS, and with all the animation and content intact, it's pretty impressive for what it is.  There's way more detail in this game compared to Dragonball FighterZ, but I still think Dragonball is the better port since it looks so much closer to the other versions of the game.  MK11 is definitely one of the most technically-impressive ports on the system.  It beats out Doom IMO.

IIRC this is the first Switch third-party game to run in the 'high performance' mode when undocked.
ど助平