Author Topic: Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Starring RAMBO  (Read 39554 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Mortal Kombat 11
« Reply #240 on: April 24, 2019, 10:59:06 AM »
it's still a UE3 game, which surprised the hell out of me

https://wccftech.com/mortal-kombat-11-custom-unreal-engine-3/

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #241 on: April 24, 2019, 11:30:55 AM »
ど助平

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #242 on: April 24, 2019, 01:37:29 PM »
playing this on switch and man is the image quality bad. So shimmery and jaggy. I don't even remember MK9 on 360 looking this bad.

Buy multiplat games on Switch brehs  :sabu

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #243 on: April 24, 2019, 01:53:34 PM »
that final tier of tutorials is fucking HARD. I stayed up pretty late to finish the entire tutorial because I thought it'd be easy to bang them out...then it turned into "well i'm not sleeping til i finish this shit".

i still ended up going to bed with two final lessons going incomplete. just need the final combo in those two lessons :(

The only ones that really gave me trouble were the perfect block ones. If they want people to actually use them regularly they will probably need to open up the window a bit on those and the enhancers I would think. Not sure if IJ2 had any mechanics with similar strict timings as really didn’t play much.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 02:14:57 PM by Akala »

agrajag

« Reply #244 on: April 24, 2019, 02:00:44 PM »
playing this on switch and man is the image quality bad. So shimmery and jaggy. I don't even remember MK9 on 360 looking this bad.

Buy multiplat games on Switch brehs  :sabu

:badass

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #245 on: April 24, 2019, 02:26:27 PM »
that final tier of tutorials is fucking HARD. I stayed up pretty late to finish the entire tutorial because I thought it'd be easy to bang them out...then it turned into "well i'm not sleeping til i finish this shit".

i still ended up going to bed with two final lessons going incomplete. just need the final combo in those two lessons :(

The only one that really game me trouble were the perfect block ones. If they want people to actually use them regularly they will probably need to open up the window a bit on those and the enhancers I would think. Not sure if IJ2 had any mechanics with similar strict timings as really didn’t play much.

I was thinking the same thing while doing all the tutorials yesterday. The timing is more stroct than something like parrying in Third Strike. Its more akin to getting a red parry/perfect parry in Third Strike compared to anything else.

I love MK11 in general tho with its mechanics and flow. Love that they added a KoF styled neutral hop meant to dodge and punish low attacks. Love the different options on wake up. Really dig meter is gained back automatically over time.

There are some weird or rushed issues, but as a fighting game, this is the bes NRS game since MK9.
OH!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #246 on: April 24, 2019, 02:29:15 PM »
The only ones that really gave me trouble were the perfect block ones. If they want people to actually use them regularly they will probably need to open up the window a bit on those and the enhancers I would think. Not sure if IJ2 had any mechanics with similar strict timings as really didn’t play much.
Yeah the low/high then counter in the last tier was pretty tough. The two combos I'm stuck on are the last side switch one with Raiden and one of the blockstring ones with Baraka in the final tier. Got everything else done but for some reason I had a mental block on those two.

agrajag

« Reply #247 on: April 24, 2019, 03:05:17 PM »
this game is confusing the fuck out of me. There are two versions of each character? And they have different moves? I practiced the shit out of defaut Cassie Cage, and then the one in the story wasn't the default one, so all the moves I learned weren't relevant.. or did I fuck up? At least they give you a move reference... This is what I get for being old, not playing MK except for 9 for the last 10 years, and being a total fighting game n00b in general. :lol

Even on the Switch, the cut scene graphics are pretty impressive. It's incredible how far even mobile technology has come brehs. And boy does Ronda suck at voice acting.  :lol

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #248 on: April 24, 2019, 03:17:47 PM »
this game is confusing the fuck out of me. There are two versions of each character? And they have different moves? I practiced the shit out of defaut Cassie Cage, and then the one in the story wasn't the default one, so all the moves I learned weren't relevant.. or did I fuck up? At least they give you a move reference... This is what I get for being old, not playing MK except for 9 for the last 10 years, and being a total fighting game n00b in general. :lol

Even on the Switch, the cut scene graphics are pretty impressive. It's incredible how far even mobile technology has come brehs. And boy does Ronda suck at voice acting.  :lol

A lot of special moves and attacks are assigned via customization. The thing that sucks is what you described. You basically create a class for your fighter. Except for ranked matches.

The presets available for Towers, local practice and vs. stuff, and Kasual online matches, are different than the presets for ranked matches, story mode, and Kombat league when it launches.
OH!

agrajag

« Reply #249 on: April 24, 2019, 03:24:14 PM »
Why in the world would anyone think that' is a good idea? Ain't nobody got time for memorizing ten million move sets.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Shuri

« Reply #251 on: April 24, 2019, 10:07:40 PM »
I kept myself on a media blackout  for this one.

Having spent a couple hours with it..

The fatalities are fun to watch once, and that's it, and quite a few of them are just so edgelordy.. I wish there was a way to do quick executions. Just a decapitation, or something quick and thats it.  Conclude with a badass pose. thats it.

The non stop spamming of coin earnings and items after each map is so fucking awful. It makes the game feel like a mobile game for the chinese market.

The actual fighting and gameplay is great, but There are kind of losing me with all those various modes, tournament stuff, being able to add costume items to your characters but you can only use them in ranked match online (wtf?), and tbh I kinda dont care about this.

The story mode has incredible production values but, as a fan of mk since arcade days , but the actually story feels like bootleg 500 pages fanfiction bs wrote by fans. It's hard to really put in words how annoyed I am by the storyline itself.

The crashing timelines stuff is  :doge and feels like leftover story points for MK Armageddon. MK11 feels like the MK4 of this generation. Incredible hype and production values, but the end product feels flawed and underwhelming.

But unlike MK4, the gameplay is fine in this game!  The wrapping around it is just problematic.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #252 on: April 24, 2019, 10:44:49 PM »
aren't brutalities kind of quick executions? have you seen those? may be tied to BS like not blocking etc.

can't comment on story much as saving for the weekend, but tried the Krypt tonight and pretty much wasted 200k KOINS and 250 hearts.   :rage

agrajag

« Reply #253 on: April 25, 2019, 04:15:37 AM »
I feel like I missed out big not playing X.

How do you set off a brutality? I did it once, but by accident.

Coax

« Reply #254 on: April 25, 2019, 07:23:21 AM »
Tried it out on PC and found nothing updated in the in-game shop.  Why?  :lol

Looks great on PC though.  Ultra-widescreen 21:9 support :drool

Don't leave us hanging bork, post some ultrawide screenshots. I'm also stunned it's built on UT3 as it looks killer.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #255 on: April 25, 2019, 08:59:56 AM »
I feel like I missed out big not playing X.

How do you set off a brutality? I did it once, but by accident.
it's different per character, and they each have multiple

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/04/guide_mortal_kombat_11_-_how_to_perform_all_brutalities

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #256 on: April 25, 2019, 09:02:23 AM »
lol newsweek ftw with first google result.

:whatisthis

https://www.newsweek.com/mortal-kombat-11-brutality-list-how-do-finishing-move-1402758

also:

HOW TO PERFORM A MERCY IN MORTAL KOMBAT 11

Once you get to the “Finish Him/Her” part of the match, input the following commands:

Hold L2, Down, Down, Down, then release L1 at mid range.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #257 on: April 25, 2019, 04:47:10 PM »
Tried it out on PC and found nothing updated in the in-game shop.  Why?  :lol

Looks great on PC though.  Ultra-widescreen 21:9 support :drool

Don't leave us hanging bork, post some ultrawide screenshots. I'm also stunned it's built on UT3 as it looks killer.

You got it!

:yukasalute

They're 2560x1080, so will put in a spoiler-tag.  But here's a smaller one to show how well it fits!

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #258 on: April 25, 2019, 04:48:56 PM »
is that the training room? that's some hideous shit. First bad looking stage I've seen
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #259 on: April 25, 2019, 04:56:20 PM »
is that the training room? that's some hideous shit. First bad looking stage I've seen

There isn't a dedicated training level.  That one is called "Tournament."  The color scheme is obnoxious, but the arcade machines in the back with the old games are a nice touch.  :)
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #260 on: April 25, 2019, 05:48:05 PM »
So is there traditional MK tournament stage? Like this one?

Or the one in MKII?
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #261 on: April 25, 2019, 06:33:20 PM »
Kotal's stage is like a arena/coliseum. That's probably the closest, but I don't have two stages yet since I haven't finished the stiry

thetylerrob

« Reply #262 on: April 25, 2019, 06:36:59 PM »
I will never get over how shitty these games feel to actually combo in. Why the fuck do they want you to dial a combo as you land a jump in instead of inputting the combo naturally as the animation plays out? Just feels like garbo.

Himu

« Reply #263 on: April 25, 2019, 06:40:09 PM »
So it has buffer? I don’t think MK is a chain game.
IYKYK

thetylerrob

« Reply #264 on: April 25, 2019, 06:45:58 PM »
I think you’re not supposed to be able to hit confirm a jump in punch idk

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #265 on: April 25, 2019, 07:08:03 PM »

They have that exact same one, only it's the future and all the monks are dead.  :o

It totally is.  :lol

Agree with rob it doesn't feel natural at all, basically more like MK3 than MK2 just without the run.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #266 on: April 25, 2019, 07:14:33 PM »
aka perfection

its not nearly as fast as a umk3 or something but it's still quite good imo. they fixed the major issue i had with x, namely too many 50/50s mainly from jump ins, and the additions like the defensive rolls are cool. hard to tell much else definitively at the moment but i'll just say the feel and flow of the game feel very "traditional mk" in a good way.

i do miss run but also skarlet has a teleport and a healing fireball that i can cancel into at the end of every kombo so it's a fair trade off

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #267 on: April 25, 2019, 08:21:26 PM »
there really are a ton of teleports in the game. feels like most of the chars have decent tools, just gotta lern sum muvs.  :derp :punch

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #268 on: April 25, 2019, 08:31:11 PM »
I will never get over how shitty these games feel to actually combo in. Why the fuck do they want you to dial a combo as you land a jump in instead of inputting the combo naturally as the animation plays out? Just feels like garbo.

One of the reasons why I will always be a Netherrealm 'casual' and just can't take their games seriously.  Even after all this time, MK still feels so damn STIFF compared to everything else.  That said, MK11 does feel like a step in the right direction.

i do miss run but also skarlet has a teleport and a healing fireball that i can cancel into at the end of every kombo so it's a fair trade off

:phil
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #269 on: April 25, 2019, 08:39:20 PM »
there really are a ton of teleports in the game. feels like most of the chars have decent tools, just gotta lern sum muvs.  :derp :punch
yeah it cracks me up how almost everyone has either a teleport or a projectile and if you have both you are top tier immediately :lol

a lot of the combos in the movelist can be strung together in a longer juggle setup and almost all of them can be canceled into a special move. that's a good starting place if you feel like you are doing low damage or don't know where to start with longer strings.

thetylerrob

« Reply #270 on: April 25, 2019, 08:59:03 PM »
Currently doing every characters tutorial because I like to do all the boring shit first. Do you get anything besides the skins for finishing all of them?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #271 on: April 25, 2019, 09:06:26 PM »
i think it's just the skins. you get shao kahn announcer stuff for the mechanics tutorials but that's about it for those unlocks.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #272 on: April 26, 2019, 07:47:37 AM »
First set online last night was against a Scorpion player.

Match 1:

THROW OUT SPEAR (ducked)
TELEPORT PUNCH (blocked and punished)

...That's it.  Over and over for two rounds.

Match 2:

THROW OUT SPEAR (ducked)
TELEPORT PUNCH (blocked and punished)
GET CLOSE AND DO A LOW KICK (blocked/punished)

...That's it.  Over and over again.

Match 3:

THROW OUT SP-- I just start doing jump kicks and overheads, which he doesn't block, and he loses and quits immediately.

This is like the MK equivalent of the Ryu/Ken player who does random fireball/dragon punches and jump in RH, crouching RH over and over.  Some things never change.

Then I got matched up with a much higher-ranked player, who completely destroyed me.  :lol
[close]
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #273 on: April 26, 2019, 08:41:50 AM »
Update on Towers of Time & Krypt issues, plus PC performance.

Hello all,

First, we wanted to say thank you all for your feedback on Mortal Kombat 11 so far. We’re dedicated to bringing you the best experience possible and working to get the latest updates and patches live across all platforms.

We’re aware of the difficulty issues in Towers of Time, and while we’ve made some changes, rest assured there are more on the way. To help you along your way, everyone will receive:

· 500,000 Koins

· 500 Hearts
· 1,000 Soul Fragments
· 1,000 Time Krystals

We’ve broken down the updates coming to each platform below. As always, if you’re experiencing issues, please send a ticket to our CS team at https://support.wbgames.com/hc/en-us. Thank you for being a part of the Mortal Kombat Kommunity!

PS4/Xbox:

We’re aiming to release the patch early next week. This patch will include:

· Reduce AI difficulty · Increased Kurrency rewards in Towers of Time · Thank you gift (500,000 Koins, 500 Hearts, 1,000 Soul Fragments and 1,000 Time Krystals)

Switch:

For the Nintendo Switch, we have two patches in progress. We’re aiming to have the first patch in this series released in the next day or two.

· Character tuning to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time · Reduce AI health to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time · Reduce effects and frequency of most difficult modifiers in Towers of Time · Overall improvements to stability

The second patch is in progress and we’ll let you know as soon as we have a release date. This update will include:

· Reduce AI difficulty · Increased Kurrency rewards in Towers of Time · Thank you gift (500,000 Koins, 500 Hearts, 1,000 Soul Fragments and 1,000 Time Krystals)

PC:

For PC, we have two patches in progress. We’re aiming to have the first patch in the series released in the next day or two. This patch will include:

· Character tuning to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time

· Reduce AI health to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time

· Reduce effects and frequency of most difficult modifiers in Towers of Time

· Updates to character move values

· Overall improvements to stability, including crash fixes in menus and navigating UI

· Fixed a problem where the game would not load using certain keyboard configurations

· Fixed a problem where the game would not load due to non-English characters in the Windows user name

We’re aiming to release the next patch in the series early next week. This patch will include:

· Reduce AI difficulty · Increased Kurrency rewards in Towers of Time

· Thank you gift (500,000 Koins, 500 Hearts, 1,000 Soul Fragments and 1,000 Time Krystals)

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #274 on: April 26, 2019, 09:13:32 AM »
hopefully there is continued effort going forward to try and have parity with the patches. and DLC...

Himu

« Reply #275 on: April 26, 2019, 10:09:19 AM »

They have that exact same one, only it's the future and all the monks are dead.  :o

It totally is.  :lol

Agree with rob it doesn't feel natural at all, basically more like MK3 than MK2 just without the run.

:o

Show me a clip of the that monk stage
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #277 on: April 26, 2019, 01:48:22 PM »
PC 262MB update going live :hyper

**@ Cindi, spoiler as yuge

[close]

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 05:40:33 PM by Akala »

agrajag

« Reply #278 on: April 26, 2019, 11:54:24 PM »
beat story mode on medium, chronica was easy as fuck, although I admit I used very cheap tactics to beat her. I just wanted to get it over with.

Coax

« Reply #279 on: April 28, 2019, 08:00:03 AM »
You got it!

Was poking around and found this new mod that fixes some of the issues players with ultrawide have experienced (removes black bars on the Krypt and menus) while making fatal blows, fatalities and the Krypt run at 60fps.

According to a comment it also has the side effect of fixing the cutscene audio desync on PC. Apparently runs as a separate program and binds the F10/F11 to its own toggleable functions. Run at own risk I guess.

Would be nice if there were further improvements to the ultrawide res since from what I've seen around it's a little unpolished in places.

Show me a clip of the that monk stage

Mod video above also showcases it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #280 on: April 28, 2019, 05:03:43 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

thetylerrob

« Reply #283 on: April 29, 2019, 12:20:41 PM »
 :salute all the scrubs complaining that the tutorials are too hard.

Himu

« Reply #284 on: April 29, 2019, 12:26:59 PM »
Tried this the other day at a local and gosh it feels like I’m underwater while playing it. Any suggestions for someone not used to this weighty feeling in a fighter?
IYKYK

thetylerrob

« Reply #285 on: April 29, 2019, 12:56:16 PM »
I think you just really have to get used to it. That's the trademark NRS feel we were talking about earlier, it's bad but some people don't mind it.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #286 on: April 29, 2019, 07:36:53 PM »

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #287 on: April 29, 2019, 08:42:37 PM »
People say it's weighty but i still think it feels like shit. I need like 100% of my concentration and the little kombo list on screen to even have a chance at doing my strings, and the the timing is so strict that half the time my shit just completely whiffs.

And the towers are so frustrating. It's hard enough for me to execute in this game when I'm not getting hit by missles from the BG and a burn DOT, when all the "fun" modifiers are on I feel like I can't play at all.

like 1v1 against people who also suck is fun but man, that singleplayer is ass. at least beating on the ai in streetfighter is occasionally fun

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #288 on: April 30, 2019, 12:00:37 AM »
ps4 rewards hit for the krypt shit being wack. 500k koins plus a bunch of other stuff. seems other platforms are getting it this week. got a bunch of stuff including skarlet's heart chest and did some customizing

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #289 on: April 30, 2019, 10:26:17 AM »

so sonicfox will win more free money? yawn. wake me when there's a new competitor on the scene
fat

thetylerrob

« Reply #290 on: April 30, 2019, 11:43:43 AM »
Don't worry I'm sure everyone will take the game seriously this time and he will get some actual competition, people definitely won't drop it in 3 months.  :doge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #291 on: April 30, 2019, 06:27:36 PM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #292 on: May 01, 2019, 06:57:34 PM »
Got my first Quitality :rejoice

Didn't get a screenshot :fbm

Was just zoning with high/low fb the whole round and then he finally timed a jump in right...to land into my uppercut. RIP. Was kinda weird cause we were having a back and forth long set of matches but I got a bit lucky with timing and he wasn't having it. :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #293 on: May 01, 2019, 07:06:13 PM »
Oh I guess I did get a shot, but I just don't know how a PS4 works. :lol Doesn't show his tag but it was like Kevthegod which made it funnier

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #294 on: May 01, 2019, 07:37:47 PM »
Nice!  :lol  Got my first one the other day on Switch.  "Scot" didn't like getting zoned to death with Cetrion's earthquakes and plant grabs.

ど助平

thetylerrob

« Reply #295 on: May 02, 2019, 12:55:04 AM »
So those boss battle challenge towers are actually super fun. Just beat the Scorpion one by getting him down to like 10% as the point player and the randoms I matchmade with we’re getting hype on their mics.

Raist

« Reply #296 on: May 02, 2019, 02:06:56 AM »
The fuck's a Quitality?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #297 on: May 02, 2019, 02:08:16 AM »
Rage quit.

Raist

« Reply #298 on: May 02, 2019, 02:10:02 AM »
Lolz, I'm a dumdumb.

They should have called it Ragequitality TBH.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #299 on: May 02, 2019, 09:54:42 PM »
I switched from Kitana to Scorpion and am having a lot more fun. I think Kitana was just whack  :doge