Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3791022 times)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #11520 on: April 20, 2019, 09:26:41 PM »
Yeah, man the fuck up

Recognize that THE WORLD IS SET UP FOR YOU TO SUCCEED

You want people to hand you a medal for being a dude?  Fuck outta here with this shit, you have every advantage

Be the man they say you are
Uncle

Snoopycat_

« Reply #11521 on: April 20, 2019, 09:28:54 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/nintendo-is-deleting-what-it-deems-inappropriate-super-smash-bros-ultimate-stages.1477633/page-2#post-254059165

“Trans activists” often think they can say and do what they want, and everyone has to sit back and go along with it or else.
Their intimidation tactics aren't surprising.
They’re degenerates.

At this point I think the only reason they don't cheer when a trans person get killed is because they only post news of Muslims doing it, and they hate them just a bit more.
Because they are degenerates trying to recruit children.

Evilore wouldn't have these problems if he'd sent fruit baskets.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #11522 on: April 20, 2019, 09:30:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/guys-dont-get-the-same-sort-of-support-girls-do-i-think.112657/post-20032547

Quote from: bangai o
Hit the gym.

How the hell is this not just a variant on "be a man" that OP has been struggling with his whole life

How is "hit the gym" any different from "put down the fork" et al
Uncle

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #11523 on: April 20, 2019, 10:16:43 PM »
i believe its a lame resetti meme

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #11524 on: April 20, 2019, 10:22:34 PM »
i do like the first reply telling him he's a piece of shit and should repent :doge

This is the second topic on this forum where people’s friends apparently tell them to kill themselves, you all need better friends.

Toxic masculinity is well, toxic, that’s a big reason why. The fact you’ve used the term ‘female’ suggests you have a poor attitude towards women, honestly, as does your whole OP.

and the double down from the same poster super butthurt about "females" being used

I don't think that's true. The only friends I make these days are girls.
I also study feminist theory, and I'm developing a greater understanding each day of the difficulties women face. This is just a Grey area that I don't see touched anywhere that I'm curious about.
Yet you decided to refer to women as ‘females’? You seem to think your being neglected while women get all the attention? That’s toxic masculinity in effect.

nudemacusers

« Reply #11525 on: April 20, 2019, 10:47:17 PM »
Not a good look tbh.. white cisman is concerned about his wellbeing when trump is president/climate change will end universe in 2 years. Yikes. That ain’t it, Chief. #toxic
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11526 on: April 20, 2019, 11:18:38 PM »
Hit your dad.
©@©™

benita

« Reply #11527 on: April 20, 2019, 11:51:34 PM »
It's funny that one of the few cops on the board is a genuine hero and they can't attack him.
Uh, excuse me, can you get this #notallcops bullshit out of here fuck face?

Does he even talk about blowing the whistle on his corrupt, racist colleagues? If not he's just a complicit piece of shit like the rest of the pigs.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #11528 on: April 20, 2019, 11:55:51 PM »
Going in hard on a guy who seems to have some real issues because he used "female" in one sentence is a great show of empathy. Clearly it's the OP who is toxic

tummyfat

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #11530 on: April 21, 2019, 01:18:04 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/could-tropic-thunder-come-out-today.112679/

Elegant Weapon trying to pretend he wouldn't be the one first to make a thread once rumors of a comedy with A-listers and blackface was coming out.  They perceive it as a question attempting to own the "SJW's" so they double down on "of course we are all fun and cool enough to be hip to such an idea."

Topic - I'm so tired.  New Danny McBride "comedy" about blackface set to film.  I'm just so tired of America

Seriously.  Can you imagine the shit storm Era would have if a headline read, "Danny McBride set to star in comedy about blackface?"
sigh

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #11531 on: April 21, 2019, 02:09:37 AM »

Quote from: LexingtonKruger
My father told me this one told when he was making an observation about my life.
I always remember it as he started to cry as he said it.

He noticed that people tend to hurt me and when they see I won't fight back they'll continue to hurt me more, often increasing the degree of hurt.

I think that the reason why people feel it's okay to hit me, to mentally and physically abuse me, is due to this idea that it will make me a man.

Every time work or a friend has hurt me, it was usually prefaced with this overwhelming narrative that I wasn't being manly enough. I've never changed though.

Getting older, I've met lots of girls as friends(mostly as I'm scared of guy friends now) and something I've noticed is that they tend to meet people who support them. They try to support me by telling me that people will help you, that people will care, and my experience of 29 years has told me otherwise.
I never received any sort or care to the degree which they did which likely served as a precedent for them in telling me someone will care.

The older I get as a man the more I experience this sort of fear of me, that terrifies me as there's no way I can say to every stranger that I'm a good person, or try to convince them in the span of a passing instant.
I recognize that women have to contend with patriarchal terrorism which I only experience in the form of patriarchal dividends maybe.
I've also been called a potential mass murderer as I have extreme anxiety so I have few friends. My girlfriend with anxiety never had to worry about being called crazy as she had support, in addition to being a female, so not fitting the stereotype.

Also, I get told I should kill myself a lot, often by other guys when they realize I'm getting older and am without a girlfriend. The girls I know have had similarly hard lives but no one has ever told them to kill themselves. Why is that justified by my failing to live up to the heteronormative white ideal of masculinity?

I just have been thinking more and more about this. It seems like men have created this world for themselves wherein they have to do everything independently, and society reinforces that.

The older I get the more I try to come up with ways to meet people. There just aren't any. I go to school and work and once my age is disclosed people just seem to not give a fuck past a friendly interest. The guys who get close tell me to kill myself. The girls who get close support help me but I recognize that something about us is dramatically different and it's preventing me from succeeding whereas it helped them.

I'm trying to figure out what that difference is.
I am looking over my appearance,my demeanor...I've tried to change everything and nothing seems to lead me to getting the same friendliness and support they've received.

Any ideas?

There's also this other theory. When I look at like the friends these people have, I see a long list of really strange guys to me, and I think to myself, most of them probably want to have sex with this girl I know.
I know that's fucking awful to think that but could that be part of it?
What a fucking whining pussy.
Spud

benita

« Reply #11532 on: April 21, 2019, 02:21:47 AM »
When Paddy O'Driscoll was adopted by a tribe of Masai warriors after he bounced out the back of his parents' safari jeep as a baby, they raised him as their own.

26 years later and when the Kenyan President goes missing 24 hours before a crucial summit with the Northern Ireland leader there's only one man who can step in to end The Troubles once and for all, and maybe just teach everyone a little bit about their own biases along the way.

Hijinks with heart for the whole family!

Danny McBride is a revelation as...

The Last Distinguished Black Fellow In Dublin

« Reply #11533 on: April 21, 2019, 02:34:16 AM »
Looking at all those comments in the Tropic Thunder thread and the FF7 dialogue thread, is this controversy over distinguished mentally-challenged fellow being used as a slur a real thing now? Should I refrain from saying it in public in case it's now considered some hate language? I feel like I must have gotten pretty old and had this new social justice trend pass me by.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #11534 on: April 21, 2019, 02:34:42 AM »
When Paddy O'Driscoll was adopted by a tribe of Masai warriors after he bounced out the back of his parents' safari jeep as a baby, they raised him as their own.

26 years later and when the Kenyan President goes missing 24 hours before a crucial summit with the Northern Ireland leader there's only one man who can step in to end The Troubles once and for all, and maybe just teach everyone a little bit about their own biases along the way.

Hijinks with heart for the whole family!

Danny McBride is a revelation as...

The Last Distinguished Black Fellow In Dublin
I'd watch that
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #11535 on: April 21, 2019, 02:35:55 AM »
Looking at all those comments in the Tropic Thunder thread and the FF7 dialogue thread, is this controversy over distinguished mentally-challenged fellow being used as a slur a real thing now? Should I refrain from saying it in public in case it's now considered some hate language? I feel like I must have gotten pretty old and had this new social justice trend pass me by.
Calling someone a re-tard has been considered offensive in Australia for decades.
Spud

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11537 on: April 21, 2019, 03:24:55 AM »
Well damn this is an interesting way for things to come full circle for Nicky Rackets/YouTube Lawyer/Blackface Lawyer. He basically got famous from covering the frivolous lawsuit has-been internet celeb Maddox filed against his former podcast cohost Dick Masterson. I thought his legal dissections of the filings were fascinating and sometimes his wife would even come on and they'd sing Disney songs together and shit...but haven't been following what he's been up to since.

That uhh...took a turn, I guess.

:picard :mike

https://www.resetera.com/threads/vic-mignogna-accused-of-homophobia-antisemitism-sexual-harrassment-by-fans-professionals-rooster-teeth-and-funimation-cut-ties-lawsuit-filed.94896/page-82#post-20027318
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #11539 on: April 21, 2019, 03:30:37 AM »
OP committed sudoku, too :lol

« Reply #11540 on: April 21, 2019, 03:36:31 AM »
Calling someone a re-tard has been considered offensive in Australia for decades.
I think that's the case everywhere when it's used as a slur. What I'm wondering is if it's now a taboo word like fgt?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11541 on: April 21, 2019, 03:42:24 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-treat-resetera-as-a-safe-place.112661/

Great thread :teehee

Quote from: Nepenthe
Being a mod I am forcibly exposed to the abyss every single day. Right now, in fact.

Law & Order : Shit Posts Unit
ὕβρις

clothedmacuser

« Reply #11542 on: April 21, 2019, 03:48:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-treat-resetera-as-a-safe-place.112661/

Great thread :teehee

:D Good Job Agent.

Also, Post 109

If you look around and you're thinking there is too much of some kind of discussion, you can ignore threads or you can start your own that have nothing to do with the stuff you don't want to talk about. If you feel like you have to walk on eggshells about a topic, examine why you feel that way and if maybe you could do some thinking on it, or don't participate if you don't want to. If you want advocates to stop advocating, examine why that is your reaction. If you feel like you're being "dogpiled", read what the people are actually saying instead of getting frustrated they are saying things. None of us are perfect, we all need to learn and grow! if you say something that's maybe a bit sexist or has negative racial connotations or whatever, instead of getting mad for people being sensitive to that, think about saying "You know, yeah, maybe what I said was a bit ignorant, I'm sorry", and I can almost guarantee you it will be well-received.

LOL, yeah, admitting your mistake always works on ERA.
sigh

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #11543 on: April 21, 2019, 03:50:25 AM »
No people jump down each other’s throats over everything, including me.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-treat-resetera-as-a-safe-place.112661/post-20032580

This is the second topic on this forum where people’s friends apparently tell them to kill themselves, you all need better friends.

Toxic masculinity is well, toxic, that’s a big reason why. The fact you’ve used the term ‘female’ suggests you have a poor attitude towards women, honestly, as does your whole OP.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/guys-dont-get-the-same-sort-of-support-girls-do-i-think.112657/post-20031998

well at least he's being honest

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11544 on: April 21, 2019, 03:55:13 AM »

Another guy who wrote a care post by the end of the thread apparently demanded to have his account nuked as well.

Is it me or have we seeing this happen more and more ?
ὕβρις

BIONIC

« Reply #11545 on: April 21, 2019, 04:25:56 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-treat-resetera-as-a-safe-place.112661/page-3#post-20037955

You guys missed the best post.

Look at all the different kinds of fun they’re having at ree  :girlaff
Margs

BisMarckie

« Reply #11546 on: April 21, 2019, 04:45:05 AM »
Meanwhile at the Bire:

benita

« Reply #11547 on: April 21, 2019, 04:50:57 AM »
Holy fuck at genuinely thinking "hey, 7/40 threads aren't complete trashfires" is a good thing.

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #11548 on: April 21, 2019, 04:51:28 AM »
No, Era certainly isn't a safe space and it really isn't designed to be one. It's a very left leaning site, and it's a way better environment than most out there, but the structure of the site and the moderation is one that encourages education and learning more than anything. While a safe space would likely show those people the door immediately, people are given chances to learn, improve, and grow as people on these issues. This isn't a negative thing or a fault at the moderation, but we aren't ignoring the realities of the world because we talk about those atrocities in the world, discrimination that exists, politics, and try to discuss and educate people on how to better challenge their own views in the world.

:sabu  :neogaf

Get bent, Ketkat, you demented asshole.

PogiJones

« Reply #11549 on: April 21, 2019, 05:06:08 AM »

Dude's last few posts were
Well, I appreciate the fact that even mentioning what racists in my family say can be a warn / bannable offense. It happened to me, but that just makes me like the forum even more.

Good moderation. The real world isn’t as well moderated unfortunately.

and

This is probably the most passive aggressive place on the internet.

OT ERA is probably the nicest place to post in as long as you agree with the hive mind. If you stray from that, prepare for some absolutely vile things thrown your way that might as well belong on 4chan

So be smart and don’t stray from it
Yep.

Dude was passive-aggressively knocking the forum, so they banned him. "Self-requested," come on.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #11550 on: April 21, 2019, 05:08:11 AM »
"Self-requested," come on.
As in "he asked for it".  8)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11551 on: April 21, 2019, 05:42:43 AM »
"Self-requested," come on.
As in "he asked for it".  8)

Le pouvoir de l'autocritique, camarade.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11552 on: April 21, 2019, 06:07:02 AM »
Na, I'm pretty comfortable telling a friend they are an asshole if they want to skimp out on the tip. If you can't afford to tip at least 13%, then you shouldn't be eating out.

Get those fucking poors out of my restaurant !

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-tips-won-grub-street-an-article-on-the-failure-of-the-many-no-tip-experiments-in-us-restaurants.112473/page-4#post-20028366
ὕβρις

clothedmacuser

« Reply #11553 on: April 21, 2019, 06:22:58 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-treat-resetera-as-a-safe-place.112661/page-3#post-20037955

How does anyone older than 12 not realize saying, "this is fun!  Aren't we having so much fun!  We are fun people," is a giant red flag of despair? 
sigh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11554 on: April 21, 2019, 06:33:27 AM »
Why are people so weird about the ignore feature?

Some of us aren't here for The Discourse so much as trying to scrape up anything they can to counteract the media being complicit in gaslighting us every day.

If it weren't for the 1000 person limit I'd be blocking literally anyone who negatively affected my mental health even the smallest iota.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot4-sum-up-the-last-400-pages-in-4.110586/page-96#post-20041902
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #11555 on: April 21, 2019, 06:39:57 AM »
More lies from the dating thread. :rejoice

“Pewdiepie did nothing wrong, the media just create click-bait to take him down."

The biggest red flag I’ve had is when my date and I were walking back to our town, drunk, and decided to take a shortcut through a graveyard. My date decided she needed a piss, then decided she was going to piss on one of the graves, then decided she had to pick a name which “sounds like a black name”. I left her there, in a graveyard in the dead of night, doing her racist piss, and never saw her again.

I slept with a nice girl on the first date and after the sex she was smiling in a strange way looking at me, when I asked her what was that funny she told me "I was thinking how cute our babies will be"

BisMarckie

« Reply #11556 on: April 21, 2019, 06:41:13 AM »
Now that I can like my own posts, I can ignore every single one of you. :aah

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11557 on: April 21, 2019, 06:43:14 AM »
More lies from the dating thread. :rejoice

“Pewdiepie did nothing wrong, the media just create click-bait to take him down."

The biggest red flag I’ve had is when my date and I were walking back to our town, drunk, and decided to take a shortcut through a graveyard. My date decided she needed a piss, then decided she was going to piss on one of the graves, then decided she had to pick a name which “sounds like a black name”. I left her there, in a graveyard in the dead of night, doing her racist piss, and never saw her again.

I slept with a nice girl on the first date and after the sex she was smiling in a strange way looking at me, when I asked her what was that funny she told me "I was thinking how cute our babies will be"

My red flag story :

Maria is still crying while she's telling me all this. She's still trying to rationalize the Blond Lady's thinking.

"I just can't believe she would do something like that. You did nothing wrong! You could have been hurt for no reason! I just don't understand why she would do something like this. I can understand someone posing a threat to our center, but we have security! You are just sitting in the parking lot... when I came out, I saw you just looking at your phone, you were in Instagram world (lol) or whatever, you didnt even notice what was going on. This isn't right, none of this is right. Does this woman even know what she did was wrong? Im angry for you... I feel ashamed for you... Im just so scared because I have a 19 year old son, and he has autism and sometimes he has trouble communicating and I can't imagine how he would cope in a situation like this."

I straight up told Maria that Im used to it. Its 100% not right for sure.... But it is what it is. This wasn't my first rodeo, Ive had cops called on me before for no reason. Its just a reality of the country we live in and a sign of the times basically.

She said "this country has always been like this"
ὕβρις

BIONIC

Margs

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #11559 on: April 21, 2019, 06:50:11 AM »
Why are people so weird about the ignore feature?

Some of us aren't here for The Discourse so much as trying to scrape up anything they can to counteract the media being complicit in gaslighting us every day.

If it weren't for the 1000 person limit I'd be blocking literally anyone who negatively affected my mental health even the smallest iota.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot4-sum-up-the-last-400-pages-in-4.110586/page-96#post-20041902

Why not ignore the gaslighting from the media?  :whatsthedeal

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11560 on: April 21, 2019, 06:56:00 AM »
Pete is the sort of guy where if some shocking alt-right history exposed! stories came out, I just wouldn't be surprised at all.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot4-sum-up-the-last-400-pages-in-4.110586/page-93#post-20028319

Yes that’s what I mean when I say that trump has something on them (I associate Russia with Trump). He knows what Russia has and let’s the republicans know that they need to stay in line.
ὕβρις

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #11561 on: April 21, 2019, 07:40:25 AM »

Bananas

« Reply #11562 on: April 21, 2019, 07:46:05 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/jaxs-mk11-tower-ending-gets-hella-woke-aka-wakanda-ending.1477774/

Preachy? Check!
Liberal infused? Check!
Hard Left-leaning? Check!
Regressive agenda? Check!
Character assasination? Check!
"I ain't waiting for people to get woke"? CHECK!

I knew MK11 had some serious axe to grind with straight males but I did not also knew it had an axe to grind with WHITE straight males! Oh well, this game is hard pass for me and I hope it is the same for a lot of people.

What?  ???

BisMarckie

« Reply #11563 on: April 21, 2019, 08:17:31 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/multiple-bomb-blasts-across-sri-lanka-on-easter-sunday-138-killed-and-over-40-injured.112698/page-3
Never would have expected it to happen somewhere like that, in all the photos that I see it looks like such a beautiful and peaceful place.

Geopolitical experts at resetera surprised by violence ina country that fought a bloody civil war a few years ago.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11564 on: April 21, 2019, 08:28:46 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/jaxs-mk11-tower-ending-gets-hella-woke-aka-wakanda-ending.1477774/

Preachy? Check!
Liberal infused? Check!
Hard Left-leaning? Check!
Regressive agenda? Check!
Character assasination? Check!
"I ain't waiting for people to get woke"? CHECK!

I knew MK11 had some serious axe to grind with straight males but I did not also knew it had an axe to grind with WHITE straight males! Oh well, this game is hard pass for me and I hope it is the same for a lot of people.

What?  ???

I have the right to pinpoint (and mock) inaccuracies

A black mark on such an historically accurate franchise.
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11565 on: April 21, 2019, 08:54:24 AM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11566 on: April 21, 2019, 08:56:03 AM »
I wonder if there are people in Sri Lanka who see a report of a mass shooting in America and post "Never would have expected it to happen somewhere like that"

literally nobody in the world in the 21st century hears about a mass shooting in the US and has a reaction anything close to "well that was unexpected"

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11568 on: April 21, 2019, 09:20:20 AM »
 :goty2

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11569 on: April 21, 2019, 09:21:13 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/irresponsible-parent-uses-their-child-as-a-prop-to-make-fun-of-alexandria-ocasio-cortez.112728/post-20045029

from the headline, I was expecting some idiot on twitter going "OH YEA? WELL I DIDN'T VACCINATE ANY OF MY KIDS SO THERE" or something

10centtacos

« Reply #11571 on: April 21, 2019, 10:36:18 AM »

:what

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #11572 on: April 21, 2019, 10:56:24 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:what

Is this christa-... chrisph-.... christianophobia?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11573 on: April 21, 2019, 11:09:18 AM »
Christians havn't committed mass murder or terrorist acts?

:iface

Bananas

« Reply #11574 on: April 21, 2019, 12:13:57 PM »
tfw you realize Africa is 50% catholic  :lol

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #11575 on: April 21, 2019, 12:42:40 PM »

Well, I appreciate the fact that even mentioning what racists in my family say can be a warn / bannable offense. It happened to me, but that just makes me like the forum even more.

and

OT ERA is probably the nicest place to post in as long as you agree with the hive mind. If you stray from that, prepare for some absolutely vile things thrown your way that might as well belong on 4chan

Yep.

Dude was passive-aggressively knocking the forum, so they banned him. "Self-requested," come on.

Two bans within the same thread, spot the difference

Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #11576 on: April 21, 2019, 12:49:55 PM »

Quote from: RedMercury
None of those are divisive, or political, or anything, just people talking about stuff.

But Mr. Mercury!  I was told EVERYTHING is political!

When people say they just want to have a nice time and talk about video games, and for people complaining about how the women are clothed to leave the generally positive thread alone, everyone likes to point out that you can't escape politics, too bad, and a desire to stay positive is  :thinking extremely  :thinking suspicious  :thinking
Uncle

Jansen

« Reply #11577 on: April 21, 2019, 12:53:58 PM »

Wow what a way to diminish Christian's contributions. it's almost like they're being erased

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #11578 on: April 21, 2019, 01:04:36 PM »

Wow what a way to diminish Christian's contributions. it's almost like they're being erased

Don't worry, Jered Petty has the definitive answer to all of this.

https://twitter.com/pettycommajared/status/1119987652982267905

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11579 on: April 21, 2019, 01:14:50 PM »

and

Yep.

Two bans within the same thread, spot the difference

:whatisthis