Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3751198 times)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #11340 on: April 19, 2019, 06:13:57 PM »
has pogi been ignoring you too much lately? go back to your master

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #11341 on: April 19, 2019, 06:14:13 PM »
"My train was distinguished mentally-challenged fellowed by 30 minutes" makes no fucking sense

But it sure it funny.

:no1curr

So you don’t mind if I pirate games?  :-*

LOL, go nuts.

You heard it here first, folks: Notorious game developer mobile game artist stufte doesn't care if you pirate the .apk for his games. Go wild!

:trumps

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #11342 on: April 19, 2019, 06:15:03 PM »
Why does that guy have an extra butthole in his hair?

BisMarckie

« Reply #11343 on: April 19, 2019, 06:16:03 PM »
Why does that guy have an extra butthole in his hair?

:noah

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #11344 on: April 19, 2019, 07:20:49 PM »
Is Reset still a clown show run by incompetent dunces? Is NeoGAF now alt-right shithole?

Give me the juicy dets from like the last ~9 months, thx.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11345 on: April 19, 2019, 07:22:07 PM »
honk honk

counterhit

« Reply #11346 on: April 19, 2019, 07:51:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-took-down-a-smash-stage-containing-trans-flag-and-suspended-the-player-that-posted-it-because-it-was-considered-a-political-statement.112487/#post-20008201

"Everything is political. EVERYTHING IS POLITICAL. Super Mario Bros is very political!"

"wtf what's political about an activist movement flag???"

some mod edit a cute girl pic here, i'm at work.

:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 09:18:39 PM by bork »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11347 on: April 19, 2019, 07:55:50 PM »
your boss can suck my hog!!  :lol

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #11348 on: April 19, 2019, 07:59:12 PM »
"Everything is political. EVERYTHING IS POLITICAL. Super Mario Bros is very political!"

"wtf what's political about an activist movement flag???"

some mod edit a cute girl pick here, i'm at work.

I don't understand it either. Anytime a dev says that they're not being political they get really mad but a flag and the demand for trans rights from politician is somehow apolitical  ???

PogiJones

« Reply #11349 on: April 19, 2019, 08:03:49 PM »
It's not hard to understand. Everything is either political or not political, depending on what they need at the moment to "win."

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11350 on: April 19, 2019, 08:08:32 PM »
Pizza i take all the toppings i have and eat the pizza then toppings after.

Sandwich ill make it all normally and when i eat it ill eat top layer bread separate then other parts after.

Big mac or a burger in general ill eat it in stages of bun content inside then bottom bun.

Sausage rolls ill eat the outside then inside.

Pretty much anything that has layers ill most likely eat it in parts.

I use to eat a curry with chicken cooked separate to all the sauce etc.

Burger sauce \ thousand island dressing on roast dinner with gravy etc too.

Chicken nuggets dipped in ice cream etc.

:stahp

10centtacos

« Reply #11351 on: April 19, 2019, 08:15:55 PM »
That trans flag removal thread

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #11352 on: April 19, 2019, 08:39:14 PM »
With PC-GAF seemingly moving over to metacouncil it's going to be interesting to see if any of the other big communities start moving too. If they do, REEE is dead. The communities are what made GAF, they're what allowed REEE to exist and if they move, REEE will cease to exist overnight.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say REEE ceases to exist in its current form by the end of the year.

Whatever happens, it's gonna be delicious to watch from afar.
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11353 on: April 19, 2019, 08:52:05 PM »
The problem is that Nintendo never owns up and makes this stance clear, and they have had troublesome issues in the not-so-distant past on these things (see the Fire Emblem conversion conversation mentioned earlier). It shouldn't be passive "Nintendo allows it." it should be declarative and affirmative. "Nintendo welcomes it" and "Nintendo will not tolerate any negative stances against people of any nation, creed, sexual orientation, etc".

Honestly, I'm not sure what you think my mind needs changing on... Passive IS harmful, especially when mistakes like these happen. They may seem small, but to a trans or any LGBTQ+ person it feels big and when a company makes a mistake and doesn't own to it, it feels dismissive. And as I said, they aren't the only ones watching, if it's not corrected and denounced, the alt-right will see it as support. This is how they function as a whole. They know they aren't welcome in 'polite' society so to speak, this is not a controversial statement. This is well known, it's why the alt-right have a ton of little tells like the OK hand gesture, and coded phrases.

You don't leave room for misinterpretation.

Do they... do they get that "Nintendo will not tolerate any negative stances against people of any ...creed" includes negative stances towards white supremacists, homophobes, racists, misogynists, flat earthers, anti-vaxxers, fucking cannibals, literally any fucking belief anyone might hold?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #11354 on: April 19, 2019, 08:59:04 PM »
time to cancel nintendo?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #11355 on: April 19, 2019, 09:01:44 PM »
The problem is that Nintendo never owns up and makes this stance clear, and they have had troublesome issues in the not-so-distant past on these things (see the Fire Emblem conversion conversation mentioned earlier). It shouldn't be passive "Nintendo allows it." it should be declarative and affirmative. "Nintendo welcomes it" and "Nintendo will not tolerate any negative stances against people of any nation, creed, sexual orientation, etc".

Honestly, I'm not sure what you think my mind needs changing on... Passive IS harmful, especially when mistakes like these happen. They may seem small, but to a trans or any LGBTQ+ person it feels big and when a company makes a mistake and doesn't own to it, it feels dismissive. And as I said, they aren't the only ones watching, if it's not corrected and denounced, the alt-right will see it as support. This is how they function as a whole. They know they aren't welcome in 'polite' society so to speak, this is not a controversial statement. This is well known, it's why the alt-right have a ton of little tells like the OK hand gesture, and coded phrases.

You don't leave room for misinterpretation.

(Image removed from quote.)

Do they... do they get that "Nintendo will not tolerate any negative stances against people of any ...creed" includes negative stances towards white supremacists, homophobes, racists, misogynists, flat earthers, anti-vaxxers, fucking cannibals, literally any fucking belief anyone might hold?

"If not denounced the Alt-right will see this as support"  :stop

Meanwhile in Smash:

They really just want to be mad

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11356 on: April 19, 2019, 09:02:10 PM »
time to cancel nintendo?

Yeah, probably, I mean, they literally just released a song talking about distinguished mentally-challenged fellows

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11357 on: April 19, 2019, 09:03:34 PM »

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #11358 on: April 19, 2019, 09:06:26 PM »
https://twitter.com/MitchyD/status/1119327634528374784

Guy who wrote the Star Wars: Battle Front II single player campaign tries to flex.  :lol

10centtacos

« Reply #11359 on: April 19, 2019, 09:07:12 PM »
They really just want to be mad

Nailed it.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11360 on: April 19, 2019, 09:13:21 PM »
https://twitter.com/MitchyD/status/1119327634528374784

Guy who wrote the Star Wars: Battle Front II single player campaign tries to flex.  :lol

"Writes Star Wars" is kind of an over generous interpretation of the facts

« Reply #11361 on: April 19, 2019, 09:13:54 PM »
With PC-GAF seemingly moving over to metacouncil it's going to be interesting to see if any of the other big communities start moving too. If they do, REEE is dead. The communities are what made GAF, they're what allowed REEE to exist and if they move, REEE will cease to exist overnight.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say REEE ceases to exist in its current form by the end of the year.

A big community is what, 80-200 people at most?  I doubt another purge of one of those would put a dent in the 45,000 non-banned members even if we do assume only a fraction of a fraction of that is active.  Then you take into account that many members aren't even part of specific communities and just post wherever they see something interesting.

Multiple community purges in quick succession would be needed for Era to die in its current form.  That or a scandal.

And it doesn't even look like PC Era is dead, the thread is still pretty damn active.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11362 on: April 19, 2019, 09:20:21 PM »

A big community is what, 80-200 people at most?  I doubt another purge of one of those would put a dent in the 45,000 non-banned members even if we do assume only a fraction of a fraction of that is active.  Then you take into account that many members aren't even part of specific communities and just post wherever they see something interesting.

Multiple community purges in quick succession would be needed for Era to die in its current form.  That or a scandal.

And it doesn't even look like PC Era is dead, the thread is still pretty damn active.

There's two kinds of forum deaths; the big drama bleed out, and the slow metastasised cancer.

They're already at the point where they are as actively unwelcoming to newcomers as is possible.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11363 on: April 19, 2019, 09:31:54 PM »
What thread led to metacouncil being created?  ???

EDIT: The forum was created months ago.  Never heard anything about it.
:idont
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 09:36:05 PM by bork »
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11364 on: April 19, 2019, 09:37:50 PM »

it was brought up here by someone, but they thought it was the mythical promised land that women and minorities were leaving in droves heading for

e:
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45505.msg2502511#msg2502511

but I think it had been mentioned earlier
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 09:42:57 PM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11365 on: April 19, 2019, 09:46:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pc-gaming-era-april-2019-goodbye-uzzy-is-your-new-king.108742/page-95#post-19923349

Official Staff Communication

From day one our mission has been to keep as much of this site and community together as possible. After reviewing recent events and everything leading up to them, we concede with broken hearts that at least in part we have failed.

A lot of posts we've seen on the past few pages are embarrassing, toxic, and inexcusable. This is not just about the staff we have lost who have thrown their hands up in frustration and sadness. It's also about the many messages we've received from members who have felt intimidated and driven off. It's about all the posters who don't feel welcome here in a thread about one of the largest platforms in gaming.

Get back on the topic of PC gaming and stay there and do not derail this thread again with metacommentary.

Looks like shit went down on PC Era because of...the Epic Game Store?  ??? :lol ???
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #11366 on: April 19, 2019, 09:47:52 PM »

This is a weak retort, so you know. :girlaff

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11367 on: April 19, 2019, 09:49:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pc-gaming-era-april-2019-goodbye-uzzy-is-your-new-king.108742/page-94#post-19922062

User Banned (permanent): Hostility towards staff

Quote from: Kvik, post: 19922062, member: 4812
Quote from: Jawmuncher, post: 19916404, member: 391
The constant pokes at mods and general negative attitudes from time to time, make this thread hard to post in for anyone, even the old guard.

And why do you think has caused this issue? There won't be any constant poking if the mods are actually doing a good job. I'm not talking about you or JaseC specifically, but most of us here just want a community where we all can feel belong.

When someone got banned for a month for a make-believe infraction while other shitposters with a real history of shitposting practically just got a slap in the wrist, do you think they feel welcome here?

When a community manager basically posting a tired old meme right in the middle of serious discussion without any real substance in the same post, do you think we feel they have our best interest as PC community at heart?

Just food for thoughts.

User Banned (Duration Pending): Hostility towards staff
Quote from: yuraya, post: 19922204, member: 1800
Funny to see moderators talking about toxicity when they allow so much trolling and misinformation to happen for months now. You didn't put your foot down in the first place so ofc all this shit will get out of hand. And spoiler alert..it will only get worse. Anyways.. sad to see JaseC go.

Also best thing that can happen to this community is for it to be called SteamEra again and be put in community section of the forum. No one here gives a shit about EGS, Origin or Bnet here. Whatever popular games those clients have already have their own small communities on Era. And there is no reason for this thread to exist in gaming side either. This was always a bad idea and moderators trying to label Steam as not a platform was always laughable. Like anyone can look into the mirror and say services/platforms aren't the most important things about the entertainment industry today. The amount of shilling that goes on for namebrands on this site has reached an all time high. And Steam is a platform that shits on all these other PC services from the highest mountain. It absolutely needs its own community.

OK, yeah, I see why some of them left.  The thread is still pretty active, though.
ど助平

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #11368 on: April 19, 2019, 09:51:41 PM »

Why would cream invite you?
:O

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11369 on: April 19, 2019, 09:51:55 PM »
nah, its because JaseC said DSOgaming did some shitty clickbait 'games journalism', one of not-allowed-to-be-called-steam-purplegaf went

is this villifying journalism?
                  /

which is a stupid fucking rule that era has, and JaseC went "ehhhhhh fuck this, I'm out".

Jawmuncher then decided to lecture steamgaf on what shitty people they are that they made a moderator quit, steamgaf then turned it around on what shitty moderation must you have to have an entire community feel got at, then the admins swooped in to put nerdlinger house on double super secret ultimate final warning.

did you really miss all this? it was amazing. Go back some pages.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #11370 on: April 19, 2019, 09:52:52 PM »

Evilore nuked the football community twice without issue.

But when he went after popgaf it all started unraveling
:O

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11371 on: April 19, 2019, 09:54:59 PM »

Why would cream invite you?

Who?  ???
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11372 on: April 19, 2019, 09:55:58 PM »

Looks like it.  Also don't really care. 
 :heyman

The Laura Kate Dale/Kotaku stuff is way more LOLZY to me.
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #11373 on: April 19, 2019, 10:02:59 PM »

:trumps

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11374 on: April 19, 2019, 10:03:22 PM »

Looks like it.  Also don't really care. 
 :heyman

The Laura Kate Dale/Kotaku stuff is way more LOLZY to me.

which also is getting swept under the "no useful discussion" rug of their shitty don't villify clickbait outrage generators games journalism rule :idont

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11375 on: April 19, 2019, 10:08:36 PM »
Oh, fuck era- have been seeing the Laura drama continue on twitter and the like.

BronsonLee isn't a mod anymore?  And then he went into a bunch of random threads to mention it like it's a big deal?
:neogaf
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #11376 on: April 19, 2019, 10:24:20 PM »
mods be cray cray

amirite?

Tripon

« Reply #11377 on: April 19, 2019, 10:30:27 PM »

retort it.

Tripon

agrajag

« Reply #11379 on: April 19, 2019, 10:52:56 PM »

retort it.

distinguished mentally-challenged fellow it

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11380 on: April 19, 2019, 11:07:30 PM »
https://nichegamer.com/2019/04/19/opinion-the-questionable-ethics-of-laura-kate-dale/

To give an idea of how off-base Laura was, even the users of RESETera, a notoriously toxic forum in which those who expressed wrong think outside of the general far left woke consensus often get banned, were opposed to her line of thinking.

Looks like etiolate landed on his feet after getting banned.

PogiJones

« Reply #11381 on: April 19, 2019, 11:22:42 PM »

Breaking: TIMU uses a disability slur.

PogiJones

« Reply #11382 on: April 19, 2019, 11:23:41 PM »
Screw you guys, taking my joke but executing it worse.

counterhit

« Reply #11383 on: April 19, 2019, 11:29:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pc-gaming-era-april-2019-goodbye-uzzy-is-your-new-king.108742/page-95#post-19923349

Official Staff Communication

From day one our mission has been to keep as much of this site and community together as possible. After reviewing recent events and everything leading up to them, we concede with broken hearts that at least in part we have failed.

A lot of posts we've seen on the past few pages are embarrassing, toxic, and inexcusable. This is not just about the staff we have lost who have thrown their hands up in frustration and sadness. It's also about the many messages we've received from members who have felt intimidated and driven off. It's about all the posters who don't feel welcome here in a thread about one of the largest platforms in gaming.

Get back on the topic of PC gaming and stay there and do not derail this thread again with metacommentary.

Looks like shit went down on PC Era because of...the Epic Game Store?  ??? :lol ???

This "Official Staff Communication" is bizarre in tone. It's like "can't we all get along? we are listening! let's be better :(" then the last sentence is "now bend the knee".

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #11384 on: April 19, 2019, 11:35:56 PM »
Screw you guys, taking my joke but executing it worse.

maybe you should execute yourself.

agrajag

« Reply #11385 on: April 19, 2019, 11:41:20 PM »
Pogi retire bitch!

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #11386 on: April 19, 2019, 11:57:15 PM »
I'm just kidding, don't kill yourself pogi, you got someone's kid that's looking up to you as a dad to take care of.

benita

« Reply #11387 on: April 20, 2019, 12:26:36 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/speedrunner-calebhart42-banned-from-twitch-for-racism.112504/

Maybe he's mentally ill like the black streamer that was throwing around racist and homophobic slurs?

Fuck him then, nuke his account
Sucks to find out he's shitty. Hope GDQ bans him promptly
Yeah. No, fuck Caleb.

:whatsthedeal

agrajag

« Reply #11388 on: April 20, 2019, 12:48:42 AM »
If that is true, why'd you PM me that "it's time for Pogi to get the Old Yeller treatment," Cauiliflower?

:gopnik

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #11389 on: April 20, 2019, 12:51:17 AM »
??? resetera admins approved my account named "shosta", and then deleted it a day later? why the dick tease!  :doge
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #11390 on: April 20, 2019, 12:52:33 AM »
??? resetera admins approved my account named "shosta", and then deleted it a day later? why the dick tease!  :doge

You're approval slipped through the deputies, and I had to take executive action.

agrajag

« Reply #11391 on: April 20, 2019, 12:53:42 AM »
haha, shosta is now a persona non grata on Reee. How the mighty have fallen.

shosta

« Reply #11392 on: April 20, 2019, 12:55:03 AM »
I just want what any normal person wants: to force thousands of people to read what I think.
每天生气

PogiJones

« Reply #11393 on: April 20, 2019, 01:13:27 AM »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #11394 on: April 20, 2019, 01:13:49 AM »
I just want what any normal person wants: to force thousands of people to read what I think.

It's a noble goal.

PogiJones

« Reply #11395 on: April 20, 2019, 01:15:17 AM »
TBH I've liked shosta way more since I found out he was half Filipino. Freaking love Pinoys.

Cauliflower, you got any redeeming ancestry?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #11396 on: April 20, 2019, 01:18:02 AM »
TBH I've liked shosta way more since I found out he was half Filipino. Freaking love Pinoys.

We built mathematics as the current pleebs understand it before the egyptians stole and took credit for it.

That and a long lineage of big dicks.

« Reply #11397 on: April 20, 2019, 01:19:57 AM »

There's two kinds of forum deaths; the big drama bleed out, and the slow metastasised cancer.

They're already at the point where they are as actively unwelcoming to newcomers as is possible.

This is true, but the question is if the newcomers even realize it, or if they do, will they just suck it up because of some illusion of influence the site has?  Era and Gaf before it are very cult-like in a lot of ways with a lot of non "true believers" that toe the line because they see some level of desirability there, whether it be from industry people posting there or just finding a highly active forum (for 2019 at least) appealing despite any shortcomings.  For some, those shortcomings will outweigh any positives and those people will turn elsewhere.

Do we actually have recent activity metrics?  Just based on the member count, they're gaining more than they're bleeding via bans, but member count is meaningless if its a bunch of alts, people that post once and then never again, and/or people that leave of their own will.

PogiJones

« Reply #11398 on: April 20, 2019, 01:38:14 AM »

We built mathematics as the current pleebs understand it before the egyptians stole and took credit for it.

That and a long lineage of big dicks.

:snore

shosta

« Reply #11399 on: April 20, 2019, 01:44:59 AM »
I don't know whether Cauliflower is saying he's black or Iraqi
每天生气