Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3752778 times)

Boredfrom

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #11580 on: April 21, 2019, 01:24:33 PM »
Fuck them. It's especially fucking gross that not only is that likely their goal, but it would more than likely result in him getting exonerated in the eyes of his followers. No, he needs to be made an example of in the biggest fucking way possible.

Edit: He has a good grift going with scamming alt-right chuds and incels. Anything less than a courtroom beating is a COLOSSAL win for him since it would exonerate him in the eyes of his cult followers and the alt-right. Him getting shellacked in court will just result in them building some nonsense narrative about this going so deep as to have been done by Sony or something or other. This is about damaging those that stood against him as much as he possibly can and parts of the anime fandom are more than happy to oblige him in this.

Just in case anyone is curious why this is getting so much traction and fervor in the fandom is due to a high profile ongoing anime about a "good honest man" who has his life ruined by a lying woman who accused him of sexual assault and her blind white knight followers called Rising of the Shield Hero. Yes people have made this connection including both fan art and petitions for Vic to voice the titular Shield Hero.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/vic-mignogna-accused-of-homophobia-antisemitism-sexual-harrassment-by-fans-professionals-rooster-teeth-and-funimation-cut-ties-lawsuit-filed.94896/page-83#post-20049657

:trigger

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11581 on: April 21, 2019, 01:45:14 PM »
how the fuck is a happy 420 blazeit day thread 'not political'?

red means straight up illegal, orange is illegal but decriminalised, pink is illegal but no1curr

blue means legal.

Bragging how much you have been participating in whats considered a criminal activity for the majority of the world seems pretty fucking political to me.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #11582 on: April 21, 2019, 01:45:29 PM »
There are a variety of things that aren’t protected under free speech, namely hate speech.
Nope, hate speech is completely protected under the 1st Amendment. There are no laws or regulations against what is commonly viewed as hate speech in the US

(sigh)

and as with every topic about free speech, certain americans are unable to understand the difference between the concept of free speech, as for example outlined in the UN Declaration of Human Rights, and a specific legislature unique to the US constitution known as the First Amendment.

I am an ardent defender of the principle of free speech, and as part of that acknowledge its just fucking common sense that it is not wholly unrestricted and you shouldn't be allowed to incite violence, falsely accuse or defame, or cause actual harm to others such as by screaming 'fire' in a crowded room (a common example of where free speech should be curtailed).
No, absolutely not.

That tortured analogy spawns from the state authorizing itself to suppress the speech of those who protested slavery, it is absolutely not an example of when speech should be punished well after the fact.

The First Amendment makes no exceptions for Congress, to read any into it is an act of tyranny; it is this lack of exceptions that makes the First Amendment absolutely superior to any garbage from the UN or Canada or elsewhere, speech should never be infringed upon by the state, ever, period, end of story. Your so-called "just fucking common sense" is reactionary nonsense used to justify the empowerment of the state's protection of its interests over the protection of human rights.

Quote from: Calvin Coolidge
If all men are created equal, that is final. If they are endowed with inalienable rights, that is final. If governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, that is final. No advance, no progress can be made beyond these propositions. If anyone wishes to deny their truth or their soundness, the only direction in which he can proceed historically is not forward, but backward toward the time when there was no equality, no rights of the individual, no rule of the people. Those who wish to proceed in that direction can not lay claim to progress. They are reactionary. Their ideas are not more modern, but more ancient, than those of the Revolutionary fathers.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #11583 on: April 21, 2019, 01:51:43 PM »
 :confused
Margs

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11584 on: April 21, 2019, 01:54:34 PM »
more like calvin foolbitch amirite

benjipwns

« Reply #11585 on: April 21, 2019, 02:00:40 PM »
You will not insult the founder of Calvinball. I will send the Christian ISIS* against you.

This is not to suggest that ISIS should be associated with a negative connotation due to their Islamic faith, which we as progressives should always respect and never cast stones against, inshallah.
[close]

Boredfrom

« Reply #11586 on: April 21, 2019, 02:36:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hoo-boy-jaxs-ending-in-mk11-is-sparking-controversy-spoilers.112762/

Jax ending sounds awesome, I wonder how hard 4chanReddit/ReeeTwitter are going to ruin it for most of us.

benjipwns

« Reply #11587 on: April 21, 2019, 02:40:29 PM »
More lies from the dating thread. :rejoice

https://www.resetera.com/threads/biggest-red-flags-youve-gotten-on-a-date.112541/
She later got super drunk and molested my hand so I shoulda bailed.
:exxy

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #11588 on: April 21, 2019, 02:44:37 PM »
At least the dude isn't using someone's post count as an argument and dismissal.  That's some 12 year old, ivory tower, shit.

The Kree annihilated :sabu

counterhit

« Reply #11589 on: April 21, 2019, 03:17:58 PM »
More lies from the dating thread. :rejoice

“Pewdiepie did nothing wrong, the media just create click-bait to take him down."

"You won't believe what this 12 year old I went on a date with said... a real red flag!"

PogiJones

« Reply #11590 on: April 21, 2019, 03:29:17 PM »
So is benji really that crazy of a free speech absolutist, or is he trolling? Sometimes it's hard to tell.

And your fling with a different military cat ended pretty quickly, didn't it? Floozy.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11591 on: April 21, 2019, 03:40:43 PM »
At least the dude isn't using someone's post count as an argument and dismissal.  That's some 12 year old, ivory tower, shit.

The Kree annihilated :sabu

those Disneys® Marvels™ Avengers: Endgame© unmarked spoilers :six: :stahp

benjipwns

« Reply #11592 on: April 21, 2019, 04:12:05 PM »
So is benji really that crazy of a free speech absolutist, or is he trolling? Sometimes it's hard to tell.
Welcome to like the whole last decade of my posting in this "community" on the subject of defending an individuals right to speak independently of the state's wishes.

There is no viable defense to make favoring the state suppressing and punishing acts of speech. Not in a liberal society. This is not a "free speech absolutist" position but the "free speech" position. Do not confuse it with the warped "free speech absolutist" position that demands there be no private consequence to an individuals speech and which those like prominent members of ResetERA.com (ne NeoGAF.com) like to use to confuse debate in their push for an activist state suppressing and punishing all speech.

And your fling with a different military cat ended pretty quickly, didn't it? Floozy.
As the person who discovered The Admiral stated, one must care to remain on brand. Consider it a brief Easter Gift (of highly questionable value) to him.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 04:18:58 PM by benjipwns »

PogiJones

« Reply #11593 on: April 21, 2019, 04:58:13 PM »
Welcome to like the whole last decade of my posting in this "community" on the subject of defending an individuals right to speak independently of the state's wishes.

There is no viable defense to make favoring the state suppressing and punishing acts of speech. Not in a liberal society. This is not a "free speech absolutist" position but the "free speech" position. Do not confuse it with the warped "free speech absolutist" position that demands there be no private consequence to an individuals speech and which those like prominent members of ResetERA.com (ne NeoGAF.com) like to use to confuse debate in their push for an activist state suppressing and punishing all speech.

As the person who discovered The Admiral stated, one must care to remain on brand. Consider it a brief Easter Gift (of highly questionable value) to him.

So what's your opinion on vengeful libel that ruins someone's career? What's your opinion on false rape accusations that lands someone in prison? How about swatting that gets someone killed?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11594 on: April 21, 2019, 05:12:27 PM »

Where it is the role of society to adminster justice, to determine crime and to mete out punishments, then so too should speech that leads to the commission of crime be subject to those rules of society.
If someone walks into a bar, says "$5000 to the first guy who beats the shit out of that guy over there I don't like" and that guy gets the shit beaten out of him, a crime has been committed, and the agent provocateur of that crime should hold some accountability for instigating that crime at a criminal level, not just a civil one.

:idont

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #11595 on: April 21, 2019, 05:16:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/to-save-a-life-you-have-to-endure-one-a-lotr-extended-edition-marathon-including-the-hobbit-vs-a-fast-and-furious-marathon.112777/

What a stupid fucking premise:

1. Obviously fuck BronsonLee, don't do anything that would save his short ass
2. The entire FF series is shorter than just LOTR or Hobbit trilogies on their own. Why the fuck would you even consider the options that's twice as long?

I'll take a marathon of the extended versions of LotR+Hobbit over a single F&F movie, thank you very much.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11596 on: April 21, 2019, 05:21:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-the-report-tool-in-games-mostly-used-for-bullying.112719/post-20044212

this thread is reminding me about Bully Hunters and now im watching YT supecuts and LMAO again

BisMarckie

« Reply #11597 on: April 21, 2019, 05:45:11 PM »
I just can’t believe that Pewdiepie went so far to bomb churches im Sri Lanka, blame it on Islamic extremists only to drive more people to his ideology of white supremacy and vilification of game journalists.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #11598 on: April 21, 2019, 05:45:15 PM »
Fast and the Furious 1-4  :nope
Fast and the Furious 5-whatever they’re on now :ohyeah

:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
:nsfw

benjipwns

« Reply #11599 on: April 21, 2019, 05:46:11 PM »
Where it is the role of society to adminster justice, to determine crime and to mete out punishments, then so too should speech that leads to the commission of crime be subject to those rules of society.
If someone walks into a bar, says "$5000 to the first guy who beats the shit out of that guy over there I don't like" and that guy gets the shit beaten out of him, a crime has been committed, and the agent provocateur of that crime should hold some accountability for instigating that crime at a criminal level, not just a civil one.
So what's your opinion on vengeful libel that ruins someone's career? What's your opinion on false rape accusations that lands someone in prison? How about swatting that gets someone killed?
Actions and speech are different things. Just like society and the state are different things. The latter can criminalize actions without criminalizing speech, it's incredibly simple and any potential unfortunate outliers resulting from someone ignoring the law is totally not something for a liberal to hand-wring about much like the whole guilty before innocent presumption also being "abused" by bad actors.

As for libel/defamation, you have no right to determine how others hold your reputation in their minds. In any case it's usually a civil tort, not a crime, not even in the totalitarian hellhole that is the U.K. where until recently you were required by law to defend any libel/defamation claim against you. (See: David Irving for when doing this to make a quick buck goes horribly wrong.)

A false accusation that lands someone in prison and swatting that leads to a death are so hilariously off track from a free speech debate that I won't even pretend to take that nonsense seriously, especially if you aren't stopping to ask why you're ignoring the violent and incorrect actions of the state in both instances and instead thinking it justifies further violent action by the state to remedy "society" in some way.

Just because criminalizing speech makes it easier for the state to imprison and punish people for their speech does not self-justify it as the correct and proper thing to do if we are decidedly pursuing liberal ends. It is in fact a set of illiberal means that can ultimately only come to serve illiberal ends.

benjipwns

« Reply #11600 on: April 21, 2019, 05:49:45 PM »
I just can’t believe that Pewdiepie went so far to bomb churches im Sri Lanka, blame it on Islamic extremists only to drive more people to his ideology of white supremacy and vilification of game journalists.
I'm just glad that our President no longer has to worry about a witch hunt so that he can focus entirely on bringing down international terrorist PewDiePie.

BisMarckie

« Reply #11601 on: April 21, 2019, 05:55:02 PM »
[
I'm just glad that our President no longer has to worry about a witch hunt so that he can focus entirely on bringing down PewDiePie.

::) Trump would give Pewdiepie the Presidential Medal of Freedom, unlike Obama who only gave it to outstanding contributors to society like Barbara Streisand.
For Trump, only skinfolk are kinfolk.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #11602 on: April 21, 2019, 05:55:14 PM »
Actions and speech are different things. Just like society and the state are different things. The latter can criminalize actions without criminalizing speech, it's incredibly simple and any potential unfortunate outliers resulting from someone ignoring the law is totally not something for a liberal to hand-wring about much like the whole guilty before innocent presumption also being "abused" by bad actors.

As for libel/defamation, you have no right to determine how others hold your reputation in their minds. In any case it's usually a civil tort, not a crime, not even in the totalitarian hellhole that is the U.K. where until recently you were required by law to defend any libel/defamation claim against you. (See: David Irving for when doing this to make a quick buck goes horribly wrong.)

A false accusation that lands someone in prison and swatting that leads to a death are so hilariously off track from a free speech debate that I won't even pretend to take that nonsense seriously, especially if you aren't stopping to ask why you're ignoring the violent and incorrect actions of the state in both instances and instead thinking it justifies further violent action by the state to remedy "society" in some way.

Just because criminalizing speech makes it easier for the state to imprison and punish people for their speech does not self-justify it as the correct and proper thing to do if we are decidedly pursuing liberal ends. It is in fact a set of illiberal means that can ultimately only come to serve illiberal ends.

:derp :derp

:no1curr

Go back to doxxing :bolo
Margs

BisMarckie

« Reply #11603 on: April 21, 2019, 05:56:54 PM »
[
I'm just glad that our President no longer has to worry about a witch hunt so that he can focus entirely on bringing down PewDiePie.

::) Trump would give Pewdiepie the Presidential Medal of Freedom, unlike Obama who only gave it to outstanding contributors to society like Barbara Streisand.
For Trump, only skinfolk are kinfolk.
That‘s such. a terrible shitpost, I won’t even like it myself.

paprikastaude

« Reply #11604 on: April 21, 2019, 06:06:30 PM »
Fast and the Furious 1-4  :nope
Fast and the Furious 5-whatever they’re on now :ohyeah

Don't even remember her in it, but going from edgelord car movies to beautiful nonsense with cheesy The Rock and martial artists from The Raid/Ong Bak and 80s explosions :ohyeah

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #11606 on: April 21, 2019, 06:10:48 PM »

:idont
*immediately punches self in the face*
"I'll take the 5k, thank you very much!"

benjipwns

« Reply #11607 on: April 21, 2019, 06:15:48 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #11608 on: April 21, 2019, 06:18:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-the-pentagon-and-cia-push-venezuela-regime-change-propaganda-in-video-games.112787/
Extremely interesting. I was a kid when Mercs 2 came out

Also I find it hard to believe anyone who has actually played either of the Mercs games thinks it was CIA funded propaganda.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11609 on: April 21, 2019, 06:21:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-the-pentagon-and-cia-push-venezuela-regime-change-propaganda-in-video-games.112787/
It is not that much of a stretch to link the US involvement in Venezuela with the blackouts. The COD stuff is pretty wild though.
Unless a Captain Price and Ramirez show up to launch a raid on Maduro.  :doge
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #11611 on: April 21, 2019, 06:23:27 PM »
Far more interesting than that shitty article and video would have been a look at the good lot of game developers that have their roots in military simulations. Basically every major PC simulation series is borderline this.

Pandemic, I think actually is one of these, Full Spectrum Warrior is a modified military simulation. (Or the other way around, was modified to be a simulation after.)

SingleTrac is arguably the most famous, both WarHawk and Twisted Metal were iterated off their military simulation technology and pitched to Sony. (Nobody else in the world at the time had an as sophisticated 3D engine with all the works that could run on the PS1 so quickly, according to Sony themselves, because only the military had unknowingly funded one.) Bohemia Interactive, home of ARMA, would be the second place or alternative first place I would consider. If we aren't counting people who outright worked for the U.S. Army's own development studio for America's Army.

benjipwns

« Reply #11612 on: April 21, 2019, 06:28:07 PM »
I always found it weird that South America of all places became an evil fascist state in CoD ghosts. Guess we now know why they chose that way.
:lol

benjipwns

« Reply #11613 on: April 21, 2019, 06:28:28 PM »
I wonder if any of the Tom Clancy games have been a part of any such initiatives
I don't think Ubisoft, as a french company, would even be approached by american government bodies for stuff like this.
:neogaf it's fucking TOM CLANCY dude

benjipwns

« Reply #11614 on: April 21, 2019, 06:30:41 PM »
It feels weird going back to games like Black Ops 1 after having such an awakening on US regime change. They literally have you act out trying to over throw Cuba and framing it as a moral overthrowing.

The war on terror did a doozy on the US mind considering how MW1 was just a mishmash of anti Russian anti amorphous middle eastern terror blob.
I was honestly feeling this propaganda years ago. I remember people in schools wanting to join the military after playing COD. It was crazy how effective it was. Me being a minority in the class and seeing this was awkward.
:rofl

benjipwns

« Reply #11615 on: April 21, 2019, 06:36:26 PM »
they're all talking about dark propaganda garbage within Call of Duty's plotlines brainwashing people and shit, when Activision straight up promotes this literally on the home page and the main menus of the game:

The Call of Duty Endowment is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization supported by Activision Blizzard. To date, Activision Blizzard has donated more than $25 million to the Endowment.

The Call of Duty Endowment was co-founded by Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick. In 2007, during a veterans initiative in Los Angeles, Bobby came to the realization that veteran projects too often focused on symbolism, such as creating monuments and naming public parks.

Few, however, provided the tangible resource veterans most needed: jobs.

Bobby Kotick’s concern led him to lay the groundwork for the Endowment. At that point, he also recognized the momentum the initiative could have if he coupled it with the enormously popular Call of Duty brand. Bobby’s vision came to fruition in November 2009, when Activision Blizzard launched the Call of Duty Endowment with a commitment to donate and raise millions of dollars for the cause.

In 2012, General James L. Jones was introduced as co-chairman of the Call of Duty Endowment. A former National Security Advisor to the President of the United States, European Command/NATO Commander, and Commandant of the United States Marine Corps, General Jones brings over 40 years of experience in military and veterans affairs to the Call of Duty Endowment.

Activision Blizzard has intensely supported veteran employment efforts since 2009, and is committed to funding the placement of 50,000 vets into high-quality jobs by 2019 through the Call of Duty Endowment. The Endowment has also expanded its support internationally to the United Kingdom in 2017, attempting to ensure more of those who have served their nation in uniform are able to find meaningful careers.

this has been how the U.S. military's propaganda has worked for decades, like the Marine commercials where they fight dragons in mazes and everything else, it's straight forward and not subtle at all because it doesn't need to be, this works more than well enough for a modern volunteer military that can outshoot any enemy that theoretically can exist by the ton full

the CIA has recruited since the 1970s through job fairs ffs

benjipwns

« Reply #11616 on: April 21, 2019, 06:40:16 PM »
literally one of the stories on the Call of Duty Endowment is a Marine with multiple tours in Iraq who Blizzard hired :lol

also, https://vetswhocode.io/

benjipwns

« Reply #11617 on: April 21, 2019, 06:43:09 PM »
there's a whole branch of the U.S. Army that's nothing but codemonkeys, they barely even get full basic training because they're never shipped to anywhere combat might legitimately occur (well, okay, they are sent to South Korea but just to die if necessary)

tell em filler

BisMarckie

« Reply #11618 on: April 21, 2019, 06:46:09 PM »

Thanks to the Trump presidency this game makes me do a double take and I think its jingoistic nature isn‘t a coincidence.

benjipwns

« Reply #11619 on: April 21, 2019, 06:54:58 PM »
imagine being a secret CIA agent scenario designer for Call of Duty and still being more of a developer than stufte

Propagandhim

« Reply #11620 on: April 21, 2019, 06:55:38 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #11621 on: April 21, 2019, 06:57:44 PM »
The biggest wtf tonal misfire in that game is seeing fucking lootboxes or whatever they are (not played it)drop onto Normandy beach. Like wtf?
You could tell a lot of those "current day" military shooters felt like more than just inspiration and were eerily grounded. Luckily I hate these outside of MGS series.
It's annoying how the lunacy of conspiracy theorists makes it easy to dismiss honest attempts to investigate actual conspiracies. That said, it usually takes ages to disentangle them, so it's unlikely anyone would've seen the big picture around release.
Wow, that sent chills down my spine.

Guess there is a reason I have yet to see any notable AAA game depicting America be undone by its own military industrial complex's avarice where the beloved capitalists are not shown as anything other than victims and underdogs.
i love this thread so much

benjipwns

« Reply #11622 on: April 21, 2019, 06:58:23 PM »
The 90s were filled with games based on actual wars.
"Let's not get cocky about war." - Sushi-X, 1991

BisMarckie

« Reply #11623 on: April 21, 2019, 07:05:13 PM »
What a surprise that fascist AmeriKKKa doesn‘t fund games about wars that affected women and minorities.  ::)

Brianna 👏 Wu 👏 should 👏 develop 👏 a 👏 game 👏 about 👏 Gamergate.

Propagandhim

« Reply #11624 on: April 21, 2019, 07:12:42 PM »
Quote from: benjipwns

Wow, that sent chills down my spine.

Guess there is a reason I have yet to see any notable AAA game depicting America be undone by its own military industrial complex's avarice where the beloved capitalists are not shown as anything other than victims and underdogs.
i love this thread so much

What's the reason?   ???

edit: Oh, just read the OP
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 07:18:29 PM by Propagandhim »

benjipwns

« Reply #11625 on: April 21, 2019, 07:24:49 PM »
Remember that AAA game series that depicted an American capitalist flying around the world murdering people of color by the thousands and then stealing all their cultural artifacts?

Exclusively on PlayStation.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #11626 on: April 21, 2019, 07:26:52 PM »
how the fuck is a happy 420 blazeit day thread 'not political'?
420blazeit is very political

Marc Emery is a political martyr
[close]

Boredfrom

« Reply #11627 on: April 21, 2019, 07:34:50 PM »
I always found it weird that South America of all places became an evil fascist state in CoD ghosts. Guess we now know why they chose that way.
:lol

Are this guys 10 years old?

benjipwns

« Reply #11628 on: April 21, 2019, 07:40:04 PM »
It totally makes sense to me that the CIA funded Ghosts' plot to prepare the ground for Trump's capitalist invasion of Venezuela (which is proper and good /Kirblar) like a decade later and not the Call of Duty guys going "okay we've done Russia, China, the Middle East...we need a new villain and location we haven't used yet..."

edit: maybe it was only Battlefield that had done China, in any case I bet they got CIA funding too, except for DICE being Swedish, wait a minute...

BisMarckie

« Reply #11629 on: April 21, 2019, 07:48:01 PM »
This political climate must be a dream come true for lazy storywriting in games.

Russians are back on the menu, boys humans!

Or you can make the bad guys Nazis and actually get credit for your political poignancy. :rejoice

Boredfrom

« Reply #11630 on: April 21, 2019, 07:48:54 PM »
What about Postal 3?

Also, Bad Day L.A scrapped the bottom of the barrel already with
Mexico invading.
[close]

nudemacusers

« Reply #11631 on: April 21, 2019, 07:50:19 PM »
Did you guys know there are military members playing games online with your kids right now??
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

skullstorm

« Reply #11632 on: April 21, 2019, 08:00:50 PM »
:jared

Snoopycat_

« Reply #11633 on: April 21, 2019, 08:03:31 PM »
I always thought the stolen valour videos were brilliant. Watching a bunch of yahoos throwing hissy fits over some other yahoo playing dress up will never not be funny

benjipwns

« Reply #11634 on: April 21, 2019, 08:05:50 PM »
Did you guys know there are military members playing games online with your kids right now??
Those poor brave men and women, this is how we treat our heroes. :usacry

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #11635 on: April 21, 2019, 08:28:07 PM »
It totally makes sense to me that the CIA funded Ghosts' plot to prepare the ground for Trump's capitalist invasion of Venezuela (which is proper and good /Kirblar) like a decade later and not the Call of Duty guys going "okay we've done Russia, China, the Middle East...we need a new villain and location we haven't used yet..."

edit: maybe it was only Battlefield that had done China, in any case I bet they got CIA funding too, except for DICE being Swedish, wait a minute...

No one wants to really touch China anymore once it became a huge market. The most blatant case was the Red Dawn remake where they changed the villain from China to North Korea late in production

BisMarckie

« Reply #11636 on: April 21, 2019, 08:28:39 PM »

This reminds me of this terrible German PSA. For some reason they made an English(and 30 other languages) version.

Why do I remember a dumb PSA from 14 years ago? :stahp

benjipwns

« Reply #11637 on: April 21, 2019, 08:30:55 PM »
lmao at the stereotypical names they gave everybody

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11638 on: April 21, 2019, 08:32:23 PM »
I still remember all the fake G.I. Joe PSAs from 14 years ago.

©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #11639 on: April 21, 2019, 08:32:45 PM »
I don't think anybody will ever top Canada's horrifying PSA series:

the one in the store always makes me laugh though, especially how she yells "SOMEBODY HELP" but the woman in the background stays on the phone with whoever totally ignoring the situation