Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3799701 times)

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #16380 on: May 19, 2019, 02:13:17 AM »
I find him far more likeable personally. Labor's greatest mistake this election was was running a campaign based on the idea of respecting the intelligence of voters.
All the left wants to ever do when it loses an election is blame everyone but themselves. This was a stunning result and a complete rejection of the heavy-handed "we know better than you" attitude of the left. Maybe Labor should try being less condescending and normal people might be interested in voting for them. You should also blame Bob Brown and his convoy of fuckwits who went deep into coal country to tell them what they should be thinking.
Well. Sure but I don't really get why people voted for the libs either whose platform was errr.... more of the same and a collection of politician asslickers that i can't think anyone honestly believes compare favourably to shorten
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 03:01:31 AM by remy »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #16381 on: May 19, 2019, 02:54:59 AM »
Not really the place for a political discussion, but it really boils down to the core philosophies of the parties for me.

Aspiration vs envy
Reward for hard work vs redistribution of wealth
Less red tape vs increased bureaucracy

The libs could definitely do with some more progressive policies, and I hope Morrison sees this as an opportunity to implement some of Labor's good ideas, but Labor really need to better understand the psyche of the middle class if they want to win government.

It boils down to: "I worked hard for what I've got, why should I give a bigger slice of my pie to some cunt who doesn't work as hard as me?"

The problem for Labor is that they see that as "fuck you, got mine". There more to it than that, but Labor don't want to entertain the thought that just maybe "fairness" for most people doesn't revolve around taking from the "rich" and giving to the "poor".

Then you add the progressive left (i.e. The Greens) into the mix with their upper middle class comfort zone and unbelievably condescending and hypocritical attitude to anyone who lives more than 5km outside of the CBD and this is what you get.

Because of what happened to Turnbull, I came closer to voting for Labor this federal election than I've ever come before, but the more they revealed about their tax policies and the more they leant on class warfare tactics, the less palatable they became.

Conversely, the reason I came close to abandoning the libs was because they were straying further and further from the centre-right philosophy that I'm comfortable with. If Morrison decides to take them further right, I'll find someone else to vote for, of he goes closer to the centre, I'll be happy.

InB4  :no1curr

Spud

PogiJones

« Reply #16382 on: May 19, 2019, 03:03:28 AM »
The libs in Australia are conservative?

So no matter your ideology, you can find somewhere in the world some libs to own  :usacry :auscry

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #16383 on: May 19, 2019, 03:07:52 AM »
Yeah, we have what is known as small l liberals and large L liberals. Both major parties are centre right and centre left anyway, so not much difference in the grand scheme
Spud

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #16384 on: May 19, 2019, 03:15:20 AM »
Which party will finally STOP THE BOATS?
每天生气

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #16385 on: May 19, 2019, 03:24:44 AM »
Which party will finally STOP THE BOATS?
Neither. It's a stupid policy and goes against our international human rights obligations.
Spud

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #16386 on: May 19, 2019, 05:11:48 AM »
There is a reason they couldn’t make it to tv which has a fraction of crappy celebrities too but It truly seems to be YouTube has a much higher percentage of famous you tubers being crappy

:taylor

https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-james-charles-sets-record-for-most-subscribers-lost-in-1-day-over-allegations-of-predatory-sexual-behavior.116380/page-8#post-20908716
ὕβρις

Snoopycat_

« Reply #16387 on: May 19, 2019, 05:20:45 AM »
Godbless the Aussies for bringing back the mullet

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #16388 on: May 19, 2019, 05:25:36 AM »
Normally these celebrity stories don't get more than a "huh" from me, but no joke I actually yelled "nooooo" for a good 30 seconds at this one.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/%E2%80%98winnie-the-pooh%E2%80%99-disney-voice-star-jim-cummings-accused-of-rape-animal-abuse-see-staff-post-update-12-may-claims-victory-in-custody-battle.115004/page-5#post-20911692
ὕβρις

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #16389 on: May 19, 2019, 05:33:28 AM »
It boils down to: "I worked hard for what I've got, why should I give a bigger slice of my pie to some cunt who doesn't work as hard as me?"
This is at the heart of lefty thought as well. The differences are in how labour/power should be divided. Currently, it's seen as well and good that capital/employers deserve the lion's share. Workers are seen as fungible and treated accordingly, unless highly specialized or represented by strong unions.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 05:31:59 AM by Rufus »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #16390 on: May 19, 2019, 05:48:02 AM »

Some more from the Aus election thread:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/australia-2019-federal-election-ot-scott-morrison-shat-his-pants-at-engadine-maccas-in-1997-after-the-sharks-lost-the-grand-final.114725/post-20917781

i want to sit down and write something about how i feel about the election but doing that requires thinking about the election and i don't know if i'm ready to grapple with it really yet, it's just so dispiriting

:crybaby
This muppet works in The Guardian's Aus newsroom. Doesn't think The Guardian is biased.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/australia-2019-federal-election-ot-scott-morrison-shat-his-pants-at-engadine-maccas-in-1997-after-the-sharks-lost-the-grand-final.114725/post-20918305

I'm not surprised by what has happened, but I am just extremely disappointed.Time to pin hopes on this Liberal Government being difficult to manage - the last 3 years weren't exactly a shining light of stability.

Yay, let's hope for utter chaos for the next three years so OUR SIDE can have a chance of winning the next election.

These partisan assholes would rather watch the country burn than see the "other side" succeed and maybe create something positive for the country.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/australia-2019-federal-election-ot-scott-morrison-shat-his-pants-at-engadine-maccas-in-1997-after-the-sharks-lost-the-grand-final.114725/post-20918438

Sad, unfortunate results. All those who voted conservative should be shamed for their support of racist institutions.

Literally  :reeeee

#waltdisneywasracist
Spud

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #16391 on: May 19, 2019, 05:58:37 AM »
i want to sit down and write something about how i feel about the election but doing that requires thinking about the election and i don't know if i'm ready to grapple with it really yet, it's just so dispiriting

:crybaby
This muppet works in The Guardian's Aus newsroom. Doesn't think The Guardian is biased.

It doesn't really affect their objectivity because I doubt that guy is one of their writers if he's that's bad at it (and that sensitive).

https://www.resetera.com/threads/australia-2019-federal-election-ot-scott-morrison-shat-his-pants-at-engadine-maccas-in-1997-after-the-sharks-lost-the-grand-final.114725/post-20918305

I'm not surprised by what has happened, but I am just extremely disappointed.Time to pin hopes on this Liberal Government being difficult to manage - the last 3 years weren't exactly a shining light of stability.

Yay, let's hope for utter chaos for the next three years so OUR SIDE can have a chance of winning the next election.

These partisan assholes would rather watch the country burn than see the "other side" succeed and maybe create something positive for the country.

I mean the Liberals would be thinking precisely the same had Labor won, can't fault that either.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 06:10:17 AM by Transhuman »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #16392 on: May 19, 2019, 09:03:41 AM »
Except furries are pro LGBTQ+ and sex positive. Conservatives aren’t exactly welcome in the fandom. Unlike bronies we make an active effort to kick out bad actors

:snob

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-the-mlp-fandom-so-toxic-full-of-bigots-mra.117681/page-3#post-20904255
ὕβρις

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #16393 on: May 19, 2019, 09:07:34 AM »
Except furries are pro LGBTQ+ and sex positive. Conservatives aren’t exactly welcome in the fandom. Unlike bronies we make an active effort to kick out bad actors

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-the-mlp-fandom-so-toxic-full-of-bigots-mra.117681/page-3#post-20904255
Why do they mention sex positive as if they tolerated that

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #16394 on: May 19, 2019, 09:34:21 AM »

This is something that baffles me. MLP is a feminist show and teaches kids not to discriminate yet I found that the fandom has so many anti feminist chuds and bigots or centrist. I don't understand. I went from 'I wonder why people hate bronies to 'No wonder people hate bronies'. Why is this fandom so toxic?

Truly the worst of them all, the centrist!

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #16395 on: May 19, 2019, 09:36:18 AM »
It's pretty clear that this whole makeup youtube community is second only to gaming youtube in terms of trash individuals.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-james-charles-sets-record-for-most-subscribers-lost-in-1-day-over-allegations-of-predatory-sexual-behavior.116380/page-8#post-20919499

Quote from: Royalan
Hell, there is a "gay" bar here in Philly that I actively avoid because they've become a "Gay themed" straight bar. Annoying straight people who didn't know how to keep their hands to themselves has been a problem for years, but the last time I was there I was literally stalked from floor to floor by a drunk straight girl who wouldn't stop grabbing at my junk. Didn't stop until I said to her, "Look, if you were a dude doing this to me? I would have already hit you."

And what did she do? Start crying.
ὕβρις

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #16396 on: May 19, 2019, 09:40:48 AM »
Obnoxious die-hard liberal furries

:ohyeah

Xenophobic alt-right furries

:ohyeah

Centrist furries

:nope

zepblackstar

« Reply #16397 on: May 19, 2019, 09:52:46 AM »

Furries have a massive nazi problem, sex offenders problem and sexual degeneracy problem including having sex with actual animals... But no conservatives is the massive win here :-\

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16398 on: May 19, 2019, 10:35:49 AM »
I hope the centrists whinging about violence realise they are literally repeating the arguments of fascist ballwashers.

I hope the dumbshits cheering forgoing debate in favour of literal personal attacks against their perceived enemy realise those are the literal tools of actual fucking fascists
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 10:47:04 AM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

Crumb

• *cough*

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #16400 on: May 19, 2019, 11:28:01 AM »
Truly the worst of them all, the centrist!

does anyone actually identify as a fucking centrist

because it sounds like a strawman label for moderate

moderate means recognizing you don't have to toe the party line and can decide where you stand on any issue for yourself, centrist is splitting every choice exactly down the middle like a distinguished mentally-challenged king solomon

I don't think anyone actually believes that
Uncle

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #16401 on: May 19, 2019, 11:48:16 AM »
Add Madonna to the banned list pls.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/theguardian-madonna-makes-call-for-israel-palestine-unity-at-eurovision.117796/

To me, anyone who participated or supported this is endorsing ethnic cleansing.

Fuck em.

:confused

I guess "Israel hosting the Eurovision" but who knows.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #16402 on: May 19, 2019, 11:56:38 AM »
Why dies someone need to blurt out what happened in a piece of media before a large section of the population has experienced it for themselves? People have deep issues if that cannot be considerate of others by purpose ruining experiences for other. Spoiling people need to be taught social norms or see a therapist.

:girlaff

https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-not-sure-time-limits-on-spoilers-are-reasonable.116147/page-7#post-20865223
ὕβρις

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #16403 on: May 19, 2019, 12:05:58 PM »
If the only way for you to enjoy a show, movie, book, etc is to not know anything about it before hand, you need to grow up. All stories have been told. #spoilersdontmatter

shosta

« Reply #16404 on: May 19, 2019, 01:11:45 PM »
Jon Snow stabs Dany and exiles himself North of the wall
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #16405 on: May 19, 2019, 01:52:33 PM »
You will be exiled :bolo

shosta

« Reply #16406 on: May 19, 2019, 02:02:22 PM »
this is the second ~ten-year franchise I've been able to ruin for some people and it feels amazing
每天生气

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #16407 on: May 19, 2019, 02:17:02 PM »
If the only way for you to enjoy a show, movie, book, etc is to not know anything about it before hand, you need to grow up. All stories have been told. #spoilersdontmatter

This is dumb as your entire statement is a straw man;  it’s not the “only way to enjoy” something it’s just more enjoyable to go in without knowing.

nope

https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/spoiler-alert-spoilers-make-you-enjoy-stories-more

How many samurai swords do you own?

samurai swords are fucking dogshit

people idolize it like ooh this steel has been folded over 1000 times yeah dingus they do that because their metal quality sucked balls and they had to do it to get something that actually functioned as a sword without falling apart
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16408 on: May 19, 2019, 02:18:25 PM »
So the poster who called Madonna a cunt and an old hag gets banned for sexism, all the people cheering the post on...get nothing at all. :lol

and it was solely on gendered insult grounds, not "retire you senile old bitch" ageist grounds

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16409 on: May 19, 2019, 02:19:11 PM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #16410 on: May 19, 2019, 02:26:10 PM »
this is the second ~ten-year franchise I've been able to ruin for some people and it feels amazing
Joke‘s on you, I don’t really care, I just want you exiled. :smug

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #16411 on: May 19, 2019, 02:28:19 PM »
Someone lobbed a rocket at the US embassy in Iraq and missed.

Press F to pay respects
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16412 on: May 19, 2019, 02:47:23 PM »

This is dumb as your entire statement is a straw man;  it’s not the “only way to enjoy” something it’s just more enjoyable to go in without knowing.

You guys are like edge-lord “A”theists owning the non-galaxy brained plebes with this shit. 

How many samurai swords do you own?

Eh, it depends. A lot of my favorite movies, games, books and whatever was shit that I was spoiled on whether I wanted to be or not, and they weren't cause of the spoilers that got me into them, just a general curiosity of "a lot of people seem to like this so I'll check it out"

There's definitely something to be said about going in blind, and I'd much rather experience something without any prior knowledge rather than the opposite but any work is more than sentences that give away this or that, or at the very least it depends on it's purpose.

It's why people get so annoyed about the so called "spoiler culture". It's cool that some strangers online will attempt to limit what they can say in hopes of others enjoying something as much as they did, but dumber people took that to mean that the end all be all is what happens narratively irregardless of the narrative itself. Which is why you got peeps going around saying no spoilers over a remake of a 22 year old JRPG that has a similar "vader is luke's father" level of infamy. Like what does it really accomplish but be yet another excuse to be assholes to people online?

And meanwhile I know that the next wash_doges is set in london and the next assysins creed is about vikings, not because I got to watch the trailer revealing that, but because kotaku gossiped it, and it gets to be a fucking thread title with zero ambiguity on resetera.

So get mad about well known plot points from games 20 fucking years old, but cavalierly ruin big picture concepts of games that aren't even fucking announced yet.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #16413 on: May 19, 2019, 03:11:40 PM »
80% chance it was the US that lobbed the rocket

spoilers
Uncle

shosta

« Reply #16414 on: May 19, 2019, 03:14:45 PM »
I remember when Shutter Island came out, my dad unintentionally spoiled the movie for me by blurting out what he correctly guessed was the twist: "I bet HE'S the patient!" This did in fact ruin the movie for me.

Is this a Gettier Case for True Spoilers?
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #16415 on: May 19, 2019, 03:42:24 PM »
I remember when Shutter Island came out, my dad unintentionally spoiled the movie for me by blurting out what he correctly guessed was the twist: "I bet HE'S the patient!" This did in fact ruin the movie for me.

Is this a Gettier Case for True Spoilers?

Don’t you think you were a bit too young to watch an R rated movie at  age 4?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #16416 on: May 19, 2019, 04:27:35 PM »
Godbless the Aussies for bringing back the mullet

I read that this is popular in Aussieland too, I'm just assuming it's true because I'd rather it be:

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #16417 on: May 19, 2019, 07:48:26 PM »
Look, I’m not actively spoiling anything for anyone, but there are people who act like it’s the only way to enjoy it and you’ve stolen their enjoyment if you accidentally reveal something, and I stand by telling those people to grow up. If that makes me an edge lord, I guess I’ll just go cry into my waifu body pillow

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #16418 on: May 19, 2019, 07:56:28 PM »
lord of makin u edge, mebbe

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #16419 on: May 19, 2019, 08:10:04 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lisa needs braces.
[close]

Drainage

« Reply #16420 on: May 19, 2019, 08:55:20 PM »
The thing about he spoilers is that some artists work so hard on what they’re creating for the fans and ten when it gets ruined or the buildup of all the payoff doesn’t work out and it’s devasting to the creator and the viewer and with enough buildup not leading to climax or being spoiled outside the moment it’s almost like watching porn instead of having sexual before when you’re a virgin an it all gets ruined and same with the elections of you were wondering how trump got elected it’s all the spoilers of saying Hillary was gonna win and then people were spoiled and didn’t even go and spoiler culture pretty much elected trump and killed all this people at the border and locked in cages and ruined virginity or so many kids

Boredfrom

« Reply #16421 on: May 19, 2019, 09:11:03 PM »
Only watched season one. Tuning in for this to be part of the discussion and cultural moment for better or worse.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/game-of-thrones-s8-ot3-use-this-thread-to-discuss-aired-episodes-8-1-8-5-only-see-staff-post.116672/page-131#post-20936820

:ego

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #16422 on: May 19, 2019, 10:27:26 PM »

Drainage

« Reply #16423 on: May 19, 2019, 10:30:47 PM »
So like how much did it sell tho? Wat does benji even do? 75% less than whatever the fuck the one from a decade ago sold (didn't bother posting those #s, LOL) oh except for digital but even still its bad and I leeeeegit hate this part of my "job" but duty calls amirite crackerjack

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #16424 on: May 19, 2019, 11:12:23 PM »
Shosta, first forum poster I’ve ever put on ignore after 25 years of foruming.

Lol what a turd.  Now pretend you guessed.

edit:  wait where is the ignore function?

edit:  found it!

:ltg

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #16425 on: May 19, 2019, 11:14:39 PM »
Please un-ignore him riotous I can't stand to see you guys fight

shosta

« Reply #16426 on: May 19, 2019, 11:17:14 PM »

:rofl like this is actually a distinct event from you blowing up at random posters once a week
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #16427 on: May 19, 2019, 11:17:23 PM »
i thought i was rioutous' first ignore on a forum ever :hmph

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #16428 on: May 19, 2019, 11:36:20 PM »

:rofl like this is actually a distinct event from you blowing up at random posters once a week

Seriously, I think it’s undiagnosed atypical autism.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #16429 on: May 19, 2019, 11:37:13 PM »
i thought i was rioutous' first ignore on a forum ever :hmph

Edit: this just feels mean even for the shit thread
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 11:43:53 PM by Lonewulfeus »

shosta

« Reply #16430 on: May 19, 2019, 11:44:06 PM »

I'm picturing a 40 year old man literally shaking as he types, face flush red, tears running down his neck
每天生气

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #16431 on: May 19, 2019, 11:46:50 PM »
I personally don't care about spoilers. I'm usually more interested about how an ep or series gets to that point after I hear something.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #16432 on: May 20, 2019, 12:31:10 AM »
Can someone with access to the marrec troll account post this on REEE please?

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/05/writers-blocked-even-fantasy-fiction-is-now-offensive/amp/

Writers blocked: Even fantasy fiction is now offensive

It was Lionel Shriver who saw the writing on the wall. Giving a keynote speech at the Brisbane Writers Festival three years ago in which she decried the scourge of modern identity politics, Shriver observed that the dogma of ‘cultural appropriation’ —which demands no less than complete racial segregation in the arts — had not yet wrapped its osseous fingers around the publishing industry. But, she warned: ‘This same sensibility is coming to a bookstore near you.’ Reader, it has come.

Because this persecution on the most spurious grounds is endemic — and because so many of its actors are themselves YA authors — plenty of those brandishing the proverbial pitchforks have, upon publication of their own novels, subsequently found themselves staring down the sharp side of a four-pronged rod.
Once you start seeing goblins in fairyland, there’s no end to it. Even the most enlightened author can cause offence. It is only a matter of time before it begins to eat away at every genre until, as Shriver predicted, ‘All that’s left is memoir’.
But it’s not just writers who ought to be worried. The logical apogee of a prohibition on cultural intercourse is a future in which each person is allowed to document only his or her precise subjective experience. A future, in other words, where fiction is history. And that sounds like a very dreary prospect for us all.
Spud

agrajag

« Reply #16433 on: May 20, 2019, 12:52:30 AM »
what's the story behind riotous' beef with shosta?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #16434 on: May 20, 2019, 01:38:46 AM »
shsota is anti-skub

BikeJesus

« Reply #16435 on: May 20, 2019, 01:52:17 AM »
I don't give a fuck about spoilers. I don't go out of my way to be spoiled  or spoil things for other people, but ultimately it is about the journey, not the destination.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #16436 on: May 20, 2019, 01:55:24 AM »
Jon Snow stabs Dany and exiles himself North of the wall
why do you hate me? :goldberg

shosta

« Reply #16437 on: May 20, 2019, 02:02:37 AM »
there are no innocent people who read this thread
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #16438 on: May 20, 2019, 02:07:11 AM »
there are no innocent people who read this thread