Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3798748 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #16440 on: May 20, 2019, 04:00:15 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bloomberg-sonys-deal-with-microsoft-blindsided-its-own-playstation-team.117948/

IT'S TREASON THEN !

The last pages also have "I'm surprised MS didn't just buy Sony outright"  :lol

It's not good that PlayStation had no say.
It's like PlayStation is the child and Sony are the parent deciding which cloud service the child is allowed.
Very strange.

???

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bloomberg-sonys-deal-with-microsoft-blindsided-its-own-playstation-team.117948/page-3#post-20944247
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 04:08:00 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #16441 on: May 20, 2019, 05:29:03 AM »
shsota is anti-skub
shosta spoiled endgame and told riot that thanos represents ironman's lost innocence and childhood wonder

BisMarckie

« Reply #16442 on: May 20, 2019, 05:37:50 AM »
Hell, there is a "gay" bar here in Philly that I actively avoid because they've become a "Gay themed" straight bar. Annoying straight people who didn't know how to keep their hands to themselves has been a problem for years, but the last time I was there I was literally stalked from floor to floor by a drunk straight girl who wouldn't stop grabbing at my junk. Didn't stop until I said to her, "Look, if you were a dude doing this to me? I would have already hit you."

And what did she do? Start crying.

And then everybody clapped. That woman's name? Albert Einstein.

BisMarckie

« Reply #16443 on: May 20, 2019, 05:38:45 AM »
If that story was true however, we have a moderator threatening a woman. Not a good look.
No surprise women are leaving the site in droves and sabrina is probably not okay,

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #16444 on: May 20, 2019, 05:49:55 AM »
shsota is anti-skub
shosta spoiled endgame and told riot that thanos represents ironman's lost innocence and childhood wonder

Plus no ass-explosion

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #16445 on: May 20, 2019, 06:22:26 AM »
I can't believe Shotacon did this.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #16446 on: May 20, 2019, 06:32:36 AM »
shsota is anti-skub

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16447 on: May 20, 2019, 07:26:52 AM »
And meanwhile I know that the next wash_doges is set in london and the next assysins creed is about vikings, not because I got to watch the trailer revealing that, but because kotaku gossiped it, and it gets to be a fucking thread title with zero ambiguity on resetera.

So get mad about well known plot points from games 20 fucking years old, but cavalierly ruin big picture concepts of games that aren't even fucking announced yet.

Wait, is this a serious post?

Only in as much as the cultural ouroboros hasn't yet brought a textual analysis of promotional materials into a mainstream field of criticism and analysis, but GameExplain are doing pioneering work in this field

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #16448 on: May 20, 2019, 07:32:41 AM »
:piss Shitsa :piss2
Margs

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16449 on: May 20, 2019, 07:56:49 AM »
It's not good that PlayStation had no say.
It's like PlayStation is the child and Sony are the parent deciding which cloud service the child is allowed.
Very strange.

???

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bloomberg-sonys-deal-with-microsoft-blindsided-its-own-playstation-team.117948/page-3#post-20944247

Wow, I can't believe the real Anthony Hopkins is posting on Era and has such a bad take

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16450 on: May 20, 2019, 08:02:15 AM »
I guess a Youtubers acrimonious divorce proceedings, and the prurient hearsay surrounding it remains a productive and relevant topic for ongoing commentary on a videogaming forum, despite it having every appearance of just """""celebrity""""" gossip
:idont

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16451 on: May 20, 2019, 08:07:26 AM »
A low social credit score will exclude you from well-paid jobs, make it impossible for you to get a house or a car loan or even book a hotel room.

This is - of course - entirely different to regular Credit Scores systems, which also do exactly that, but its fine that in the west we give banks that kind of power, but the sinister orientals cede that power to government.

We’ve had this thread like 5 times at least. And in reality, in practice, at least how it currently exists, it’s not at all like what you read about. Not defending the ccp or saying that it’s a good thing or anything of the sort. But it’s mostly just a sensational story for the west at this point. The future probably it will be different aka worse. Also not saying it’s not worth discussing, just saying it’s been discussed countless times on here and mostly it devolves to “fuck china” posts instead of actual discussion about anything of value.

Also this.

I mean, its just that baffling the exact same 'news' keeps coming out from a declining super power involved in a trade war with an emerging one.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #16452 on: May 20, 2019, 08:08:36 AM »
more like ceded to twitter and bookface

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16453 on: May 20, 2019, 08:12:58 AM »
I mean, China is a real world example of literally exactly the kind of system that the "GUILLOTINES!", "Muh freeze peach!", "#cancelled" types on Era ostensibly want to live in.
Weird how they consistently rail against the things they claim they want every time its brought up.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #16454 on: May 20, 2019, 08:14:13 AM »
i thought i was rioutous' first ignore on a forum ever :hmph

Edit: this just feels mean even for the shit thread

Pussy

jorma

« Reply #16455 on: May 20, 2019, 08:37:38 AM »
Jon Snow stabs Dany and exiles himself North of the wall

:banplz

ResetBanBot

« Reply #16456 on: May 20, 2019, 08:47:12 AM »
I'm surprised to learn that people thought Daenerys was supposed to be a "good guy". Dany has always been an unlikable antagonist character which commonly acted as the oblivious villain throughout the entire show.

It's not a twist ending and if you thought it was, you probably weren't paying attention. It's actually the most obvious ending and for that reason makes it boring. I guess if you're a brainlet you'd find it a shock because they didn't spend the entire season having drawn out dialogue scenes where they have flash backs to all the villainous and unhinged things Danny has done throughout the show, along with her entire megalomaniac ego-driven personality.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16457 on: May 20, 2019, 08:56:45 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/now-game-of-thrones-is-over-what-will-videogame-websites-do-for-content-jim-sterling.117979/post-20951364
Quote from: FinalTobyFlenderson
I think this is a side effect of how mainstream gaming has become. Gaming used to be more narrow because producing content for gamers specifically was filling a niche. A gaming website catered to a specific identity by producing content you wouldn't find elsewhere. Nowadays I just don't think that's true. Gaming is a facet of everyday entertainment in a way it has never been before and a lot of people move freely between their interests. Websites and channels that generally produced gaming content have found that their audience is also very in to things like Game of Thrones or Marvel so they produce that content as well.

I mean, just look at the overlap even on our forum. The overlapping interest is huge. Even though I care for neither, there's no denying the consistency.

I think websites and channels that focus on one thing specifically will always be a thing, but for successful mainstream platforms it's easy to expand your scope and keep your audience captive over all the different things they're interested in.

Yeah, nothing says an activity is mainstream more than media specifically devoted to it not having enough to write about that they end up covering a bunch of other shit instead.

wait, what?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #16458 on: May 20, 2019, 08:57:28 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/did-you-ever-feel-the-black-sheep-of-your-family.117962/

This thread should bear plenty of fruit...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/did-you-ever-feel-the-black-sheep-of-your-family.117962/post-20947272
Quote from: CormoranStrike
I am the black sheep of my family. All my other siblings and mum are highly educated, they love travelling, all have partners, good paying jobs, they’re extroverts. I’m struggling to even get into university, I don’t like travelling, struggling to get a decent paid job and have no desire to find a romantic partner at all. I’m a very introverted person, basically.
I bet you couldn't see that coming from this absolute Muppet.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/did-you-ever-feel-the-black-sheep-of-your-family.117962/post-20947302

Quote from: Spoo
Yes, definitely. My family is religious, I'm not. They're moderate-right politically, I'm progressive left. They're successful, for the most part, and despite having a reasonably good education with a CS background I'm not (this is mostly my own fault). All my siblings are married, I'm not, and thus have contributed basically nothing to anyone in that regard. Most of the things I value everyone in my family thinks is silly or stupid. I've had trouble with alcohol / drug abuse in the past, nobody in my family has. Issues of MDD as well, which is shared by only 1 family member, who unfortunately is basically impossible to talk to about it. Videogames are a huge passion of mine, and nobody has that same passion, so I desperately try to find or understand other reasonable passions of family members so I can connect on that level. It's very, very frustrating, isolating, and depressing.

So yeah, I feel that way because I am that way, I guess, but I'm not mad at them for it. Just the way things are.
Is there a bigger collection of socially inept people on the internet?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/did-you-ever-feel-the-black-sheep-of-your-family.117962/post-20947506

Quote from: Solar Puffin
My Parents and Sisters are soccer fanatics who vote right.
I like to sit at home in front of my computer, and I vote left.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/did-you-ever-feel-the-black-sheep-of-your-family.117962/post-20947947

Quote from: Ryuhza
Only in that I'm the only one (of four) still at home :\
Or such a concentration of shut-ins?
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16459 on: May 20, 2019, 09:11:32 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/valve-is-making-dota-2-players-pay-to-avoid-toxic-gamers.117977/post-20951013

Dota 2 is no longer free to play if you want to have the best experience. In this year’s Dota 2 “Battle Pass” — a premium subscription that usually offers cosmetics and other optional curiosities to the game — Valve bundled one of the most important features it has ever created. Players who buy the Battle Pass can now use an “experimental” Avoid Player feature, which is supposed to keep toxic players away from you. Here’s a different way to say it: Valve is now charging players a minimum of $9.99 to avoid harassers.

Different, clickbaity, tomahto, tomayto

ResetBanBot

« Reply #16460 on: May 20, 2019, 09:16:28 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/valve-is-making-dota-2-players-pay-to-avoid-toxic-gamers.117977/post-20951013

Dota 2 is no longer free to play if you want to have the best experience. In this year’s Dota 2 “Battle Pass” — a premium subscription that usually offers cosmetics and other optional curiosities to the game — Valve bundled one of the most important features it has ever created. Players who buy the Battle Pass can now use an “experimental” Avoid Player feature, which is supposed to keep toxic players away from you. Here’s a different way to say it: Valve is now charging players a minimum of $9.99 to avoid harassers.

Different, clickbaity, tomahto, tomayto
I like to call it a "soyboy tax".

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #16461 on: May 20, 2019, 09:24:46 AM »
valve includes beta test features in the battle pass somewhat regularly. if it tests well, this will be included in the base game for free. i can forgive these people for not knowing that because dota 2 sucks and you shouldn't play it anyway.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #16462 on: May 20, 2019, 09:32:58 AM »
I kinda want to read the article before jumping to conclusions, but I also don't want to give this site any click if it is what I'm thinking.

:derp

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #16463 on: May 20, 2019, 10:19:29 AM »
Are there any studies that correlate success in life with political leanings? Or is the connection between progressive beliefs, poor mental health, and destitution on resetera spurious?
Oi Oi

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #16464 on: May 20, 2019, 11:04:21 AM »
what's the story behind riotous' beef with shosta?

Openly spoiled the GoT finale, guess he read the leaks.

Can’t think of a more rational use of the ignore feature.  But supposedly I’m undiagnosed aut-istic for it lol
On the one hand, the euphoric-edgelord-samurai image above, is absolutely spot on, for Shosta's post.
On the other hand, it did save me 50 minutes.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #16465 on: May 20, 2019, 11:04:55 AM »
Are there any studies that correlate success in life with political leanings? Or is the connection between progressive beliefs, poor mental health, and destitution on resetera spurious?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/suicide-mortality/suicide.htm

ResetBanBot

« Reply #16466 on: May 20, 2019, 11:12:24 AM »

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #16467 on: May 20, 2019, 11:22:29 AM »
lmao bye

ResetBanBot

« Reply #16468 on: May 20, 2019, 11:23:31 AM »

nudemacusers

« Reply #16469 on: May 20, 2019, 11:23:32 AM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
jk
[close]
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #16470 on: May 20, 2019, 11:28:00 AM »
Oi Oi

agrajag

« Reply #16471 on: May 20, 2019, 11:28:35 AM »
I mean, shosta is trash, but actively reading/posting in this thread should come with some sort of punishment.

nudemacusers

« Reply #16472 on: May 20, 2019, 11:29:13 AM »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #16473 on: May 20, 2019, 11:33:51 AM »
But I guess openly spoiling media is A-OK on The Bore?  Bye bore?

:no1curr

ResetBanBot

« Reply #16474 on: May 20, 2019, 11:36:07 AM »
When the series finale of a popular TV show becomes a feminist crisis

Nuitangg

« Reply #16476 on: May 20, 2019, 11:41:37 AM »
Era ignore > Bore ignore.  Fix this shit.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #16477 on: May 20, 2019, 11:42:42 AM »
I cant fucking believe the shit D&D think they can get away with.

Call La Hague Tribunal !
ὕβρις

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #16478 on: May 20, 2019, 11:43:00 AM »
be shocked when the shit thread is full of shit, brehs ::)

Jansen

« Reply #16479 on: May 20, 2019, 11:44:37 AM »
Why is riotous always such a cry baby bitch

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #16480 on: May 20, 2019, 11:44:38 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-daenerys-targaryen-meant-to-me-full-got-spoilers.118000/

The think pieces coming from this are worth spoilers tbh

Sorry.
Is she in a mall?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-daenerys-targaryen-meant-to-me-full-got-spoilers.118000/#post-20954754

People tragically misunderstand white saviorism if they think Dany is a white savior type. She is a savior, but not a white savior because who is white in Game of Thrones?

You need whiteness in order to be a white savior. Dany isn’t white nor is anybody else in Game of Thrones

This pink-ass motherfucker who's name is literally Snow isn't white? :thinking
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #16481 on: May 20, 2019, 11:45:50 AM »
Pretty shocking post from Deepwater to be honest  :pika
ὕβρις

agrajag

« Reply #16482 on: May 20, 2019, 11:48:24 AM »
what the hell is he talking about

BisMarckie

« Reply #16483 on: May 20, 2019, 11:50:48 AM »
I'm an idiot because I got invested in the wrong part of the story for so many years, I'm a fool who apparently didn't notice I was rooting for a fascist monster the entire time. I guess I'm just stupid

You are stupid for writing a 2000 word post about Game pf Thrones and because nothing about Daenerys is fascist. :ufup
Giuseppe Gentile turning in his grave,

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #16484 on: May 20, 2019, 11:52:31 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-daenerys-targaryen-meant-to-me-full-got-spoilers.118000/

The think pieces coming from this are worth spoilers tbh

Sorry.
Is she in a mall?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-daenerys-targaryen-meant-to-me-full-got-spoilers.118000/#post-20954754

People tragically misunderstand white saviorism if they think Dany is a white savior type. She is a savior, but not a white savior because who is white in Game of Thrones?

You need whiteness in order to be a white savior. Dany isn’t white nor is anybody else in Game of Thrones

This pink-ass motherfucker who's name is literally Snow isn't white? :thinking
Lord of the Rings racism parallels BTFO.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #16485 on: May 20, 2019, 11:52:59 AM »

The entire internet is open spoiling game of thrones because it is both the biggest event on television and really bad. You shouldnt be thinking "wow game of thrones got ruined for me", you should be thinking "thank god the internet is telling me to avoid this bad show, now i dont have to waste dozens of hours of my life on something that evidently nobody cared about"

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #16486 on: May 20, 2019, 11:57:36 AM »
I got angry at the series when the guy in book 3 is like: "Yeah, I got like resurrected 7 times, no biggie."  Throw that shit in the trash can and never watched the show. 

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #16487 on: May 20, 2019, 11:57:55 AM »

The entire internet is open spoiling game of thrones because it is both the biggest event on television and really bad. You shouldnt be thinking "wow game of thrones got ruined for me", you should be thinking "thank god the internet is telling me to avoid this bad show, now i dont have to waste dozens of hours of my life on something that evidently nobody cared about"
If you only have the last episode left, it's too late for that.
But also people saying they "wasted ten years on this" are full of shit, because it's 50 minutes a week for 10 week a year, you're probably wasting 20 times that, reading a posting hot takes on Twitter.

agrajag

« Reply #16488 on: May 20, 2019, 12:01:03 PM »
Shosta's been a slimeball this entire time, all the signs and foreshadowing were there, you just weren't paying attention. Dracarys.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16489 on: May 20, 2019, 12:03:07 PM »
If I was still actively enjoying GoT I'd be pissed someone randomly spoiled the ending in a thread thats fuck all to do with GoT too.

jorma

« Reply #16490 on: May 20, 2019, 12:19:57 PM »
Shosta's been a slimeball this entire time, all the signs and foreshadowing were there, you just weren't paying attention. Dracarys.

an orphaned resetera mod is still a resetera mod

ruining a forum gotta be in his dna  :lol

ResetBanBot

« Reply #16491 on: May 20, 2019, 12:23:40 PM »

white women are the absolute worst, yikes.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16492 on: May 20, 2019, 12:24:45 PM »

an orphaned resetera mod is still a resetera mod

ruining a forum gotta be in his dna  :lol

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #16493 on: May 20, 2019, 12:30:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/asses-in-fortnite.117995/

Asses in Fortnite

Goes entirely by the numbers.
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16494 on: May 20, 2019, 12:34:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/asses-in-fortnite.117995/

Asses in Fortnite

Goes entirely by the numbers.

I expected a Laura Kate Dale article. Possibly a new book.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16495 on: May 20, 2019, 12:36:52 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

trying to get Nepenthe approval to avoid the lock

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16496 on: May 20, 2019, 12:48:07 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-next-18-months-of-microsoft-the-calm-before-the-storm-massive-info-dump.1482022/

If this guys not full of shit
lol, yeah, I know
[close]
its gonna be real awkward for era to discuss those rumours from The Old Place

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #16497 on: May 20, 2019, 12:55:28 PM »
Well I mean "bye shit thread"... it's my fault I guess that someone openly spoiled Game of Thrones in a thread about Resetera/NeoGAF.  lol
once professor wiggles was outlawed, these threads now only host the most vile of content. of course GOT would be among that

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #16498 on: May 20, 2019, 12:58:50 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-next-18-months-of-microsoft-the-calm-before-the-storm-massive-info-dump.1482022/

If this guys not full of shit
lol, yeah, I know
[close]
its gonna be real awkward for era to discuss those rumours from The Old Place

:lol love how people would still rather leak to gaf an all 10 of its members than to era
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #16499 on: May 20, 2019, 01:00:24 PM »
rioutus baby dont go