Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3798960 times)

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #16560 on: May 20, 2019, 06:59:28 PM »
You really think someone would do that? Just join the military and rape people overseas?

always  believe  all  state  department  propaganda

Boredfrom

« Reply #16561 on: May 20, 2019, 07:04:30 PM »
You really think someone would do that? Just join the military and rape people overseas?

This wouldn’t be corporate propaganda approved by the military?

Boredfrom

« Reply #16562 on: May 20, 2019, 07:07:49 PM »
wow, I'm reading the affidavit and that is some crazy, heinous shit.

Yes, if true.
But like with Jussie Smollett, the grotesque nature of what happened as described raises a lot of questions.
Like... opportunistic rapist of an anaesthetised patient? Sure. Probably happens way more than people would like to think, and theirs probably victims out there that don't know they are.
Opportunistic rapist with sufficient medical knowledge, lack of oversight of access to supplies like paralytic agents, and with a buddy willing to be complicit in everything except the actual rape to cover for him?

I actually kind of believe her now, given that the incident actually happened in 2006. Just blown away that this is not a bigger story given how vile it sounds.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16563 on: May 20, 2019, 07:31:03 PM »
I'm not questioning the capacity of a soldier to commit rape - examples are unfortunately well documented throughout history, as dehumanising an enemy is something of a necessary step to then go out and kill them.
I'm questioning;
 - an opportunist rapist doing that to an ally VIP
 - with access to a muscle paralytic
 - and clearance to go into a VIP treatment room and adminster it
 - with a female accomplice happy to help
 - knowledge and clearance to move a patient on an IV into another area without anyone noticing or questioning it
 - the not-giving-a-fuckness / maxed luck stat that the victim while conscious throughout the attack would not say anything at the time, or get a rape kit done

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #16564 on: May 20, 2019, 07:32:59 PM »
Is this why women and minorities are leaving life in droves?  :thinking

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #16565 on: May 20, 2019, 07:36:29 PM »

This wouldn’t be corporate propaganda approved by the military?

You're probably right that what we're making fun of is more a product of Department of Defense propaganda than it is the Department of State's. My bad!

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #16566 on: May 20, 2019, 07:40:06 PM »
Corporations are people too, my friend.
©@©™

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #16567 on: May 20, 2019, 07:51:20 PM »
I'm questioning: [snip]
well personally I am glad WWE's board decided we didn't need to know the answers to these questions because one of their stars being raped would hurt brand image and also they need to run interference for the department of defense
每天生气

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #16568 on: May 20, 2019, 07:59:30 PM »
Before the wars, they are pumped up by some false ideology that they will be fighting for the country and so-called 'freedom' . Yayyyy hurrrraaaaaa!!!!! 'MERICA!!!!! They don't even know how they are being played by their bosses for the interests of some very powerful individuals and corporations. And media plays a big role in this, including games that condition the youth with war-based games like COD etc. All these being used as tools for brain-washing and conditioning them in a certain way to accept these missions without thinking.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/more-news-on-ashely-massaros-suicide-she-was-raped-at-the-tribute-for-troops-show-wwes-ceo-did-not-report-it-due-partnership-with-military.118040/post-20969730

Their arrogance and ignorance of people in the military is typical of the Era brand.  These guys have never met a person in the military.
sigh

Boredfrom

« Reply #16569 on: May 20, 2019, 08:01:51 PM »
I mean, this also happened:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/may/17/ohio-state-report-reveals-team-doctor-sexually-abused-at-least-177-athletes

Is not exactly hard to think that the US military will be better in covering this out.

I was doubting because I thought the incident happened in 2018, not in 2006 during the Bush years.

« Reply #16570 on: May 20, 2019, 08:11:59 PM »
Yes this military rape is exactly like Atlus not making a character gay like you wanted because you were too stupid to understand the point of the story.  Equivalent crimes at the very least.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16571 on: May 20, 2019, 08:16:15 PM »
well personally I am glad WWE's board decided we didn't need to know the answers to these questions because one of their stars being raped would hurt brand image and also they need to run interference for the department of defense

I have zero knowledge about what was investigated (or not investigated), what the result of any such investigations if they occurred was, or the circumstances as to why the lawsuit was dropped in its entirety.

Its good to know that era - despite being clear that this definitely happened exactly as alleged, because they are clear that they will ban anyone questioning any aspect of it for 'downplaying' - are happy to let the testosterone ballet & soap opera community continue uninterrupted though.

To address messages we have received: We will not be implementing a blanket ban on all WWE threads. However, we will have zero tolerance for any kind of excusal or downplaying of what happened here. This subject will be fair game in all WWE threads going forward. Any bans issued for violating this policy will not be short.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #16572 on: May 20, 2019, 08:21:02 PM »
This subject will be fair game in all WWE threads going forward. Any bans issued for violating this policy will not be short.

Its shit posting time!
sigh

Drainage

« Reply #16573 on: May 20, 2019, 08:21:57 PM »
I don’t care about the WWE or ERA so I’ll join the voices of all decent folk and offer my full support of banning all WWE content from the site. Don’t be cowards mods, do the right thing.

Boredfrom

« Reply #16574 on: May 20, 2019, 08:28:39 PM »
If Dany was a man she would look even more like a white imperialist, I'd be business as usual.
Imagine this with a white man with blonde hair, I can already see the ERA thread.....

Did you willfully ignore the part where I implied that, for the analogy to kind of work, gender-bent Dany would have to be a POC, or?
Thus rendering your point moot, unless you wanna make the wild and inane point that POC can be white imperialists.
:doge

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-daenerys-targaryen-meant-to-me-full-got-spoilers.118000/page-18#post-20970499

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #16575 on: May 20, 2019, 08:33:43 PM »
If Dany was a man she would look even more like a white imperialist, I'd be business as usual.
Imagine this with a white man with blonde hair, I can already see the ERA thread.....

Did you willfully ignore the part where I implied that, for the analogy to kind of work, gender-bent Dany would have to be a POC, or?
Thus rendering your point moot, unless you wanna make the wild and inane point that POC can be white imperialists.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-daenerys-targaryen-meant-to-me-full-got-spoilers.118000/page-18#post-20970499
That thread is a gem.
From the ass blasted OP to these magnificent hot takes, that thread may be, in itself, D&D's redemption arc.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #16576 on: May 20, 2019, 08:36:53 PM »

I have zero knowledge about what was investigated (or not investigated), what the result of any such investigations if they occurred was, or the circumstances as to why the lawsuit was dropped in its entirety.

Its good to know that era - despite being clear that this definitely happened exactly as alleged, because they are clear that they will ban anyone questioning any aspect of it for 'downplaying' - are happy to let the testosterone ballet & soap opera community continue uninterrupted though.

To address messages we have received: We will not be implementing a blanket ban on all WWE threads. However, we will have zero tolerance for any kind of excusal or downplaying of what happened here. This subject will be fair game in all WWE threads going forward. Any bans issued for violating this policy will not be short.

excel sheet is phewing right now.

Boredfrom

« Reply #16577 on: May 20, 2019, 08:38:46 PM »
BDS is the same guy that outright admitted that he fetishized Captain Marvel but he cares so much about what a talentless blogger thinks about her favorite TV characters being “demonized”.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16578 on: May 20, 2019, 08:41:18 PM »
The "this shot is beautiful and should be taught in any film studies class" meme that GoT spawned on twitter is pretty good too

Boredfrom

« Reply #16579 on: May 20, 2019, 08:57:55 PM »

That thread is a gem.
From the ass blasted OP to these magnificent hot takes, that thread may be, in itself, D&D's redemption arc.

Is kind of frustrating to see people that are the first to ask for representation or more woke media can actually grasp how superficial was the cult of Dany and why her ending was expected. They are perfectly able to understand fiction beyond the usual tumblr demagoguery but choose to pretend they don’t get other people arguments.

Averon

« Reply #16580 on: May 20, 2019, 09:13:12 PM »
So it seems that the mods settled on a policy of not banning anything popular, but allowing posters to derail and shit post in any thread related to it. They are trying to split the baby by keeping their children placated while not wrecking their site by banning popular topics that helps drive traffic and views.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #16581 on: May 20, 2019, 09:18:44 PM »
Is kind of frustrating to see people that are the first to ask for representation or more woke media can actually grasp how superficial was the cult of Dany and why her ending was expected. They are perfectly able to understand fiction beyond the usual tumblr demagoguery but choose to pretend they don’t get other people arguments.
Reading Resetera is like watching an episode of The Americans.
Everyone is a spy, highly sus, so transparent, dog whistling, signaling, talking in code... even when it's about a fucking fantasy tv show.
So the arguments themselves don't really matter, only the meta narrative behind them,

So it seems that the mods settled on a policy of not banning anything popular, but allowing posters to derail and shit post in any thread related to it. They are trying to split the baby by keeping their children placated while not wrecking their site by banning popular topics that helps drive traffic and views.
That nets you the largest amount of bans which is, ultimately, their number one priority.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #16582 on: May 20, 2019, 09:19:34 PM »
:money

Boredfrom

« Reply #16583 on: May 20, 2019, 09:26:57 PM »
Perception of any human being, fictional or otherwise is heavily influenced by gender whether you want it or not, whether your realize it or not. Do you wanna talk about how men perceive women who ever so slightly display a tiny modicum of leadership skills as being "bossy" and "bitchy" in a negative way while the exact same behavior from male counterparts are perfectly acceptable and seen as normal? Do you wanna talk about how when women open their mouths for 30% of the time in public, men perceive it to actually amount to 50% instead of the actual 30%? Do you wanna talk about how men are allowed to express anger and negative emotions in public spaces without fear of having it used against them, of being slandered because of them, of having their opinions disregarded because of them, while women are always belittled, ridiculed and disregarded as soon as they express those exact same feelings? Your failure, and the one of many in this thread, to realize their perception of Daeneys and of her behavior can also be DEEPLY influenced by sexism, is baffling. But I suppose you're the special chosen one who somehow managed to transcend and rise above years of pervasive and insidious conditioning from the inescapable and omnipresent patriarchal society we all live in, and thus are able to judge Daenerys as a character without being influenced by her gender in the slightest, my sincere congratulations.

Can't believe I thought ERA would be a progressive space, ugh. My bad.

This is such BS.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #16584 on: May 20, 2019, 09:35:52 PM »
the same think tank also want mandatory 'no headphones on public transport' days to force young people to talk to (lets be honest: listen to) lonely old people too.
Also:
(Image removed from quote.)

Hey, guess what happens to the verb 'volunteer' when you make it a paid activity?

Late post, but I don't necessarily have a problem with that. If someone wants to volunteer their time to keep an old person company to make them happy for the sake of a tax break: hey, that's their prerogative. I don't see a "mandatory, you have to do this!" clause for it. It's a benefit, you don't want to do that? You don't get a tax-break. Easy-peasy lemon-squeezy while helping society out.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #16585 on: May 20, 2019, 10:00:50 PM »
It's unfair to people who don't pay taxes like me.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #16586 on: May 20, 2019, 10:03:54 PM »
boredoms posts in the past two pages are kinda fucking scary

the same think tank also want mandatory 'no headphones on public transport' days to force young people to talk to (lets be honest: listen to) lonely old people too.
Also:

Hey, guess what happens to the verb 'volunteer' when you make it a paid activity?

Late post, but I don't necessarily have a problem with that. If someone wants to volunteer their time to keep an old person company to make them happy for the sake of a tax break: hey, that's their prerogative. I don't see a "mandatory, you have to do this!" clause for it. It's a benefit, you don't want to do that? You don't get a tax-break. Easy-peasy lemon-squeezy while helping society out.

Yea, I meant to touch on this too. People get tax breaks for throwing out old shit. If volunteering can give the same benefit, then it's great.

thisismyusername

« Reply #16587 on: May 20, 2019, 10:09:48 PM »
FYREWULFF EXPOSE

https://archive.fo/amxxP

NAZIS WALKING FREE, WOMINORITIES IN DROVES.

He comes this close to realizing their bans are way too heavy-handed, but then veers into concluding they're just banning the wrong people, like himself.

I don't get where you're getting that.

He knows the moderation is fucked up. I don't get where you think he's thinking they're banning the wrong people. Outside of "calling a racist out? BAN'D!" which is kinda stupid, but I get where he's going with it.

« Reply #16588 on: May 20, 2019, 10:12:07 PM »
That nets you the largest amount of bans which is, ultimately, their number one priority.
police quotas
 :nope
ban quotas
 :ohyeah

ResetBanBot

« Reply #16589 on: May 20, 2019, 10:17:58 PM »
Shout out to RedMercury for keeping it real about being ideologically consistent and not just virtue signalling/witch-hunting when convenient. Love ya fam.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #16590 on: May 20, 2019, 10:30:56 PM »
FYREWULFF EXPOSE

He comes this close to realizing their bans are way too heavy-handed, but then veers into concluding they're just banning the wrong people, like himself.

He knows the moderation is fucked up. I don't get where you think he's thinking they're banning the wrong people. Outside of "calling a racist out? BAN'D!" which is kinda stupid, but I get where he's going with it.

He's claiming there's racist posters running openly rampant on resetera though (as though that's possible considering the overzealousness of moderation and the vigilant mob mentality of many users).

That's crazypills-level stupid

Boredfrom

« Reply #16591 on: May 20, 2019, 10:32:24 PM »
boredoms posts in the past two pages are kinda fucking scary

??? ??? ???

Boredfrom

« Reply #16592 on: May 20, 2019, 10:33:59 PM »
FYREWULFF EXPOSE

He's claiming there's racist posters running openly rampant on resetera though (as though that's possible considering the overzealousness of moderation and the vigilant mob mentality of many users).

That's crazypills-level stupid

I mean, there is crazy racist posters running openly on resetera, they are just not the kind to be accepted as nazis or white supremacists.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #16593 on: May 20, 2019, 10:38:13 PM »
Yeah I meant anti-poc racism not "kill white babies" racism

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #16594 on: May 20, 2019, 10:39:54 PM »
im kinda mad riotious is a tease but im also glad he/she never left

PogiJones

« Reply #16595 on: May 20, 2019, 10:49:18 PM »
FYREWULFF EXPOSE

Instead, they found themselves having to play defense and humor racists, nazis and bigots because of "process".

-He's saying that they should dismiss any process to purge themselves of all the nazis clearly running rampant on RE, but instead they're beholden to a pesky neutering process.

Finally, a Era staff member at one point during the creation of Era asked for my help, and I gave it. After I helped, they wanted to go hang out and grab a bite to eat next time they were in Omaha. As soon as the vendetta started though, this person immediately started giving..
me "PR style"/cold replies to everything, and eventually started telling me I was at fault for the ban happening to me. So it was cool to get backstabbed by that person to protect their clique after they kept telling me they considered me a friend. That hurt, especially after I went to bat for them so hard other people blocked me.

-Here he's ostensibly complaining about cliques, but he's actually not; he's complaining that he should have been part of the protected clique. "I was their friend, and then they BANNED ME! Betrayal!"

Also, my favorite part is where people are now openly allowed to harass devs on era, including those people then proceeding to openly harass them on other sites, and they don't do a thing about it. You complain about them not banning a blatant racist in a Era OT discord? BAN.

-They don't ban group A that should really be banned; they do ban group B that really shouldn't be banned.

He's consistently complaining about them banning him and his friends (the wrong people to ban), and complaining about them not banning people he doesn't like (the right people to ban).

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #16596 on: May 20, 2019, 10:49:40 PM »
the only thing "running rampant" at resetera are people who once in a while make the mistake of saying "really guys? we're really getting upset over this? come on"

or the people who make the mistake of saying "I kinda like the overall design of this one anime boob girl, she looks cool to me"

that's the unacceptable thing running rampant there

they just keep crawling out of the woodwork  :punch
Uncle

thisismyusername

« Reply #16597 on: May 20, 2019, 11:01:20 PM »
Instead, they found themselves having to play defense and humor racists, nazis and bigots because of "process".

-He's saying that they should dismiss any process to purge themselves of all the nazis clearly running rampant on RE, but instead they're beholden to a pesky neutering process.

Eh, I get where he's coming from in a sense: Stamp that shit out, but I think you're reading this as "they should ban people suspect really hard" instead of "they're obvious and should be banned." Might just be me giving the benefit of the doubt as Fyre is generally a decent poster.

Finally, a Era staff member at one point during the creation of Era asked for my help, and I gave it. After I helped, they wanted to go hang out and grab a bite to eat next time they were in Omaha. As soon as the vendetta started though, this person immediately started giving..
me "PR style"/cold replies to everything, and eventually started telling me I was at fault for the ban happening to me. So it was cool to get backstabbed by that person to protect their clique after they kept telling me they considered me a friend. That hurt, especially after I went to bat for them so hard other people blocked me.

-Here he's ostensibly complaining about cliques, but he's actually not; he's complaining that he should have been part of the protected clique. "I was their friend, and then they BANNED ME! Betrayal!"

Eh, I don't read it like that. I read it as an example of the moderation changing into GAF's. You don't talk to this person because you're part of the moderation, so you have to be "neutral" despite liking that poster. But again: Benefit of the doubt.

Also, my favorite part is where people are now openly allowed to harass devs on era, including those people then proceeding to openly harass them on other sites, and they don't do a thing about it. You complain about them not banning a blatant racist in a Era OT discord? BAN.

-They don't ban group A that should really be banned; they do ban group B that really shouldn't be banned.

He's consistently complaining about them banning him and his friends (the wrong people to ban), and complaining about them not banning people he doesn't like (the right people to ban).

Well, the former is true: Just look at how GAF/GAF 2.0 harassed the ... what is it's name... Long Dark? Or something like that, the X-box exclusive that was "ALT-RIECH!!!!!" that they claimed because of Twitter. See: Stufte (>implying stufte is a dev) being harassed/doxxed. See: Skyrim or whatever dude.

I read the later as "these folks are clearly breaking rules, but complain about the rule-breaker (backseat-moderation, granted) and get banned for it while the rule-breaker doesn't. But that's just me. :trumps

---

Anyway, #SendNudesPogi

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #16598 on: May 20, 2019, 11:03:57 PM »
he's also mad that reset just bans people for a day or a week instead of perming people much faster

that's how the nazis fly under the radar, they troll just enough to rarely pick up a couple week bans but come back ready to keep making disingenuous statements

ah for the good old days of gaf where every ban was a nice month long one, sometimes three
Uncle

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #16599 on: May 20, 2019, 11:15:44 PM »
BAN ATLUS
BAN THQ
BAN FF9
BAN CDPR
BAN REDLETTERMEDIA
BAN THE WORD BOYS
BAN SMASH BROS
BAN YOUTUBE
BAN MEMES
BAN CAPCOM
BAN GDC
BAN TIME MAGAZINE
BAN SEGA
BAN TOTALBISCUIT
BAN WWE

DO IT ALREADY YOU COWARDS

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #16600 on: May 20, 2019, 11:32:08 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/announcing-discord-integration.1469978/

this is even sadder than the exclusive era discords because they moved on from irc and are trying to replicate the exclusive club.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
someone send me an invite to a discord with morrigan[/quote]
[close]

Cauliflower Of Love

PogiJones

« Reply #16602 on: May 20, 2019, 11:36:54 PM »
How did MEMES get on the list?

More importantly, why isn't READING BOOKS on the list?

thisismyusername

« Reply #16603 on: May 20, 2019, 11:42:56 PM »
>implying GAF 2.0 reads books
:bolo

Now shut up and send nudes.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #16604 on: May 21, 2019, 12:12:55 AM »
I would like someone to point out just one instance of someone on REEEEE making an actual post which is supporting Nazis in any way.

All of the supposed nazis are just people pointing out that screeching like a lunatic at everything that doesn't fit into their ultra-narrow world view is not the way to go about combating racism and xenophobia.

I would also like someone to point out just one instance of a woman or a minority leaving the site because of perceived harassment.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Enzom21 doesn't count because he is not a member of a minority. KYS Enzom.
[close]
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #16605 on: May 21, 2019, 12:18:15 AM »
I would like someone to point out just one instance of someone on REEEEE making an actual post which is supporting Nazis in any way.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-name-is-totalbiscuit-the-life-and-times-of-john-bain.117606/
Uncle

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #16606 on: May 21, 2019, 03:48:21 AM »

[snipped for brevity]

Anyway, #SendNudesPogi

I would tend to agree that most of his Twitter tirade can be read as reasonable but considering he opens with "Nazis are encouraged to parade around by mods while yadda droves yadda", it sort of precludes that.

But God that ban for that message is so transparently bullshit, even by Era standard :lol
ὕβρις

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #16607 on: May 21, 2019, 03:57:02 AM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #16608 on: May 21, 2019, 04:16:03 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-name-is-totalbiscuit-the-life-and-times-of-john-bain.117606/
:iface
Spud

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #16609 on: May 21, 2019, 04:30:17 AM »
Michael Kidder‏ @fyrewulff · May 19
Era continues to lose people constantly - especially women and minorities - after they were told Era's owner would care about them, unlike previously. Instead, they found themselves having to play defense and humor racists, nazis and bigots because of "process".

There's multiple Era splinter discords these days that don't even allow Era staff to join them, because Era staff started monitoring discords. This was also confirmed to me; in my previous ban I was asked by a staff member  if I had said anything in a discord to cause the ban.

Finally, a Era staff member at one point during the creation of Era asked for my help, and I gave it.  After I helped, they wanted to go hang out and grab a bite to eat next time they were in Omaha. As soon as the vendetta started though, this person immediately started giving..

me "PR style"/cold replies to everything, and eventually started telling me I was at fault for the ban happening to me.
lol at shosta missing out on a good meal in Omaha

benjipwns

« Reply #16610 on: May 21, 2019, 04:37:09 AM »
They can circle the wagons and keep attempting to shut down any critique of Era, but they've got a new site made by their own members being worked on. Looking forward to it.
what's with these people that it takes them ages to setup forums?

it's like when ResetERA.com took five days to setup when NeoGAF.com went down (despite apparently being the planning for some time before)

i was reading a bit of banbots kiwifarms thread on the open source free software community after google searching for something regarding linux and winding up there (lol at it being on the second page of results) and it reminds me of the Code of Conduct stuff i learned about, where this group started a fork of something called Node.js and all they did was talk about the wording of their introduction page, the design of their logo and the text of their forum (and such) rules before going defunct after like a month and the only two like important people going back to Node.js

i imagine this kind of thing is what they're spending all their time on

benjipwns

« Reply #16611 on: May 21, 2019, 04:38:00 AM »
that reminds me, can we get The Bire to adopt the Contributor Covenant so that everyone feels safe from the corrupt scandal ridden moderators and corrupt spoiler ridden shosta?

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #16612 on: May 21, 2019, 04:56:44 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #16613 on: May 21, 2019, 05:05:11 AM »
also, spoiling something that happens at the end of a show that lasts past three seasons isn't a real spoiler I have decided, because it's either entirely out of character and thus drama bait and stupid, or entirely in character and thus unsurprising and an appropriate endpoint of character development

at the endpoint of an eight season show almost assuredly are the details are irrelevant and what matters is the journey you've undertaken

this is why series finales are historically awful and much derided, with the classics often being ones that break from the formula and exist outside the framework of the series

to use a Star Trek example (natch) the concluding episode of DS9 is not that great, spoiling anything that happens in it is less problematic than spoiling the events of the arc that lead up to it, that arc is also more climatic and finalizing than the final episode itself (from what I understand this GoT thing is partly due to the penultimate episode, but I'm not finding that particularly important here) while containing more dramatic swings... the superior finale is TNG "All Good Things..." which exists entirely outside the show, but would be more problematic to spoiler the events of because they are vital to the story being told solely within the finale itself*

connect this to shota's wanking over the Lost finale, one which if you are to spoil to someone will effect absolutely nothing about the show to someone and hinge not on their enjoyment of the show other than the slowly growing maddening of how the show does not act to get to that event, another example would be the hilariousness around the spoilers of Disney's Marvel's Avengers Endgame in which the legitimate spoilers were considered largely to be fake because of the stupidity that describing them and thinking about them causes, but nobody who was spoiled will admit to caring because its effectiveness is what matters and despite the fact that I think it was awfully written I'm not sure they could have pulled off that stupidity any better (except for the total handwave on the whole EVERYONE YOU LOVED ISN'T DEAD, SURPRISE! AND THEY HAVEN'T AGED AT ALL! disturbing plot point that results from being too wanton with unlimited time travel that you weirdly limit without thinking about it)

a competing show mentioned as the GOAT, The Wire is similarly borderline impossible to spoil by talking about events at the end of the final season, even THE spoiler for the end of the series matters entirely in how it happens not that it does nor that it comes at the end, almost any season's finale/premiere has more "spoilers" contained in it for someone watching along than the series final two episodes do, because you're ultimately spoiling the journey

I know someone who started watching The Office (US) just as it started to wind down, they were angry at the wanton public SPOILERS that Michael Scott was leaving, and then were angry that I said James Spader playing himself was a better boss than Andy BECAUSE THIS ALSO SPOILED THINGS, six months later... they were dead of a too-many-spoilers induced brain tumor, true story, even though they lived in Alberta and had a cat named Einstein

thanks for reading my video game blog

*ironically, Picard himself chooses to spoil the events of the episode to his crew despite it almost assuredly being Q's work and by spoiling it he may set the events in motion... this is why ResetERA.com wishes to not discuss the ethics of time travel, to hide the crimes that come from their cowardly lack of banning the unmutual topics, something that would be seen if we could time travel to the right side of history and show the losers their massive L

benjipwns

« Reply #16614 on: May 21, 2019, 05:34:41 AM »
also, spoiling something that happens at the end of a show that lasts past three seasons isn't a real spoiler I have decided, because it's either entirely out of character and thus drama bait and stupid, or entirely in character and thus unsurprising and an appropriate endpoint of character development

at the endpoint of an eight season show almost assuredly are the details are irrelevant and what matters is the journey you've undertaken

this is why series finales are historically awful and much derided, with the classics often being ones that break from the formula and exist outside the framework of the series

to use a Star Trek example (natch) the concluding episode of DS9 is not that great, spoiling anything that happens in it is less problematic than spoiling the events of the arc that lead up to it, that arc is also more climatic and finalizing than the final episode itself (from what I understand this GoT thing is partly due to the penultimate episode, but I'm not finding that particularly important here) while containing more dramatic swings... the superior finale is TNG "All Good Things..." which exists entirely outside the show, but would be more problematic to spoiler the events of because they are vital to the story being told solely within the finale itself*

connect this to shota's wanking over the Lost finale, one which if you are to spoil to someone will effect absolutely nothing about the show to someone and hinge not on their enjoyment of the show other than the slowly growing maddening of how the show does not act to get to that event, another example would be the hilariousness around the spoilers of Disney's Marvel's Avengers Endgame in which the legitimate spoilers were considered largely to be fake because of the stupidity that describing them and thinking about them causes, but nobody who was spoiled will admit to caring because its effectiveness is what matters and despite the fact that I think it was awfully written I'm not sure they could have pulled off that stupidity any better (except for the total handwave on the whole EVERYONE YOU LOVED ISN'T DEAD, SURPRISE! AND THEY HAVEN'T AGED AT ALL! disturbing plot point that results from being too wanton with unlimited time travel that you weirdly limit without thinking about it)

a competing show mentioned as the GOAT, The Wire is similarly borderline impossible to spoil by talking about events at the end of the final season, even THE spoiler for the end of the series matters entirely in how it happens not that it does nor that it comes at the end, almost any season's finale/premiere has more "spoilers" contained in it for someone watching along than the series final two episodes do, because you're ultimately spoiling the journey

I know someone who started watching The Office (US) just as it started to wind down, they were angry at the wanton public SPOILERS that Michael Scott was leaving, and then were angry that I said James Spader playing himself was a better boss than Andy BECAUSE THIS ALSO SPOILED THINGS, six months later... they were dead of a too-many-spoilers induced brain tumor, true story, even though they lived in Alberta and had a cat named Einstein

thanks for reading my video game blog

*ironically, Picard himself chooses to spoil the events of the episode to his crew despite it almost assuredly being Q's work and by spoiling it he may set the events in motion... this is why ResetERA.com wishes to not discuss the ethics of time travel, to hide the crimes that come from their cowardly lack of banning the unmutual topics, something that would be seen if we could time travel to the right side of history and show the losers their massive L
EVERYONE CARES

Snoopycat_

« Reply #16615 on: May 21, 2019, 05:42:02 AM »
Frasier leaves Seattle

benjipwns

« Reply #16616 on: May 21, 2019, 05:58:09 AM »
Lilith hooks up with Data

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #16617 on: May 21, 2019, 06:06:49 AM »
Lilith hooks up with Data

:oreilly Get out of here with your gross Darkstalkers / Star Trek fanfic !
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #16618 on: May 21, 2019, 06:08:53 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #16619 on: May 21, 2019, 06:09:23 AM »
also, we knew, but confirmation: