Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3751938 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #25680 on: June 25, 2019, 03:01:59 PM »
Why do they think locking a thread is moderation? Why are they so bad at moderating?

It's because they still haven't fixed their warning system. Each report is an individual notification and when a thread is controversial it spams the reports inbox, "overwhelming" the mods, so they lock it to stop the reports. That's why Beef said his forum janitor job was "exhausting". Really the reports inbox should
- should collapse by thread
- allow you to ignore all future reports on the same post. As it is, new reports on previously closed reports reopen the report.
- allow you to ignore all reports in a thread. If a thread is controversial, one mod should just, like, read or skim the thread from front to back and do what they think is necessary.

That they haven't fixed it yet is dumb

What they should actually do is have a list of the forum rules, and you select what specific rule a post is breaking if you report it, and if you report something for being something that it isn't, you get a ban for abusing the report system.

That way:
a) you have to have actual fucking forum rules, not "I don't like that post, so I'll coptalk it into a Downplaying Other Users Concerns, Inflammatory Generalisation, Arguing in Bad Faith, Disingeuous" instead
b) if its not against the forum rules and you don't like it, tough shit. Try debating the point instead of trying to get inconvenient arguments removed to make your arguments appear stronger.
c) the actual staff jobs as janitor is a lot easier because they're not being summoned like a fucking stand to win a fight every time an argument breaks out

edit: also, which should go without saying, but you know...
d) enforce all rules equally; if you have a ramping increase in bans, third strike gets a month (or whatever) even for something relatively petty, even if they are a good buddy of yours. Likewise if you have a ramping bans system, first offense should be a slap on the wrist for anything that isn't insta-perma worthy. No, even if it is bad mouthing your pet cause.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 03:06:04 PM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

PogiJones

« Reply #25681 on: June 25, 2019, 03:02:30 PM »
Lol, Switters has an account I guess and just tested the following function. Let me know what it does, Switters.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #25682 on: June 25, 2019, 03:02:30 PM »
fun fact is that all mods have the option to put notes onto a users profile so other mods can quickly determine if user is protected or an alt right shit lord.
I put a note on besada's account :rash

And kitsunelaine's :rage
每天生气

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #25683 on: June 25, 2019, 03:03:08 PM »
Why do they think locking a thread is moderation? Why are they so bad at moderating?

It's because they still haven't fixed their warning system. Each report is an individual notification and when a thread is controversial it spams the reports inbox, "overwhelming" the mods, so they lock it to stop the reports. That's why Beef said his forum janitor job was "exhausting". Really the reports inbox should
- should collapse by thread
- allow you to ignore all future reports on the same post. As it is, new reports on previously closed reports reopen the report.
- allow you to ignore all reports in a thread. If a thread is controversial, one mod should just, like, read or skim the thread from front to back and do what they think is necessary.

That they haven't fixed it yet is dumb

Are reports anonymous? When I was a mod of a site (I never used xenforo), it would allow me to see a list of reports via IP, so I could tell if an asshole was spamming random reports or really trying to hit one hard. So I would just ban the reporter if it seemed like it was just random spam.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #25684 on: June 25, 2019, 03:04:09 PM »
what happened? haven't been paying attention. something to do with a mod and suicide?

shosta

« Reply #25685 on: June 25, 2019, 03:05:00 PM »
Are reports anonymous?
No but people think they are :lol

Poor sabrina, when I told her she got mildly embarrassed, hope she's ok
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #25686 on: June 25, 2019, 03:05:41 PM »
Cerium right now

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #25687 on: June 25, 2019, 03:06:40 PM »
his actual reaction can't these cheeseburgers knock it off, just pay for clear you fucking peasants.

PogiJones

« Reply #25688 on: June 25, 2019, 03:07:02 PM »
Was told to deliver this:

Congrats, Transhuman! Someone might think you're funny

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #25689 on: June 25, 2019, 03:07:59 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Their :rage

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #25690 on: June 25, 2019, 03:08:29 PM »
assuming genders what a cunt.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #25691 on: June 25, 2019, 03:09:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-14#post-22212156 (https://archive.vn/c0jvh)
No, these "RIP so sad" condolences are HOLLOW without a serious discussion on how moderation is going to handle this shit going forward. "I feel bad" doesn't fucking cut it.

I'm disgusted and people need to be held accountable. People were all but GOADING this outcome. And people AREN'T going to forget this.

Drainage

« Reply #25692 on: June 25, 2019, 03:10:11 PM »
Why should the mods feel like slaves to the report queue going through each bullshit submittal until they get overwhelmed? Just read the thread like a normal person and dole out punishment as deserved. The forum doesn’t move that fast that a team of several moderators can’t have a general grasp of what’s going on in a few threads that deserve attention. It’s pathetic.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #25693 on: June 25, 2019, 03:11:12 PM »
nor is it an occasion to organize harassment against people who most likely already feel terrible about what has happened here

This has to be the first time where "they already feel bad about it" is considered an excuse on era

Propagandhim

« Reply #25694 on: June 25, 2019, 03:11:20 PM »
Someone here ripping my low-liked posts for retweets.   

https://twitter.com/firefightingstr/status/1143590173835517952

:maf

Show yourself

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #25695 on: June 25, 2019, 03:11:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-glad-that-this-forum-exist.122849/page-3#post-22211977

Dark prinny necrobumping the allowed positive metacommentary thread today has to be a troll.  :rejoice

BisMarckie

« Reply #25696 on: June 25, 2019, 03:12:33 PM »

Bring 👏 TheSyldat 👏 to 👏 the 👏 Bore.

shosta

« Reply #25697 on: June 25, 2019, 03:13:29 PM »
Just use the place as a news aggregate and nothing more, it's not worth the effort.
How else would anyone be able to find news without Resetera?
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #25698 on: June 25, 2019, 03:13:33 PM »
Someone here ripping my low-liked posts for retweets.   

https://twitter.com/firefightingstr/status/1143590173835517952

:maf

Show yourself

Most people here are too old to know how twitter works to begin with.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #25699 on: June 25, 2019, 03:14:33 PM »
What is it with you all and the obsession with inviting gobshites to this forum?

Propagandhim

« Reply #25700 on: June 25, 2019, 03:14:37 PM »
Minorities and lesbians are leaving this site in droves because of all the plagiarism here

Ghoul

« Reply #25701 on: June 25, 2019, 03:15:58 PM »
Pogi gotta earn the likes somehow.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #25702 on: June 25, 2019, 03:16:11 PM »
People who think resetera is a wire service :goldberg

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #25703 on: June 25, 2019, 03:16:36 PM »
what happened? haven't been paying attention. something to do with a mod and suicide?

anyone?

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #25704 on: June 25, 2019, 03:18:19 PM »
What is it with you all and the obsession with inviting gobshites to this forum?

Fresh meat  :phil

Propagandhim

« Reply #25705 on: June 25, 2019, 03:18:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-15#post-22212204

OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION
As always, our Mental Health community welcomes members seeking support or company during difficult times like these:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mental-health-era-ot2-community-and-understanding.95803/

Why would anyone feel comfortable discussing their mental health issues here anymore?

:checkit

Coitus

« Reply #25706 on: June 25, 2019, 03:18:29 PM »
[

At least you know where EL stands.  Cerrium has no backbone.

I don‘t think the words Evilore and backbone are allowed to be in the same sentence in the English language.

Yeah, the same dude who was the self-appointed leader of the #Resistance, bravely fighting to protect the #ParisAccords is the same dude who now mocks hysterical online slacktivists to placate his newfound MAGA member base is the dude who should be used as an example of having a backbone.

Sure. I don't care about the guy being a jerk or not. I just respect that he actually participates in his forum.

the point wasn't about him being a jerk, but about flip flopping to align himself to the angry mob that invariably ends up taking over and running every iteration of his forum. That behavior is antithetical to having a backbone.
True. I don't read NeoGAF anymore, so I don't really know what he thinks anymore. I was talking abou the pre-Shower gate stuff.

It's the same.  His participation takes two forms: (1) coming down from on high to totally own some member who's going against the Borg and knows they can't fire back; (2) using the forum as his personal livejournal since everyone will pretend to give a shit about his insufferably tedious rambling.

Ghoul

« Reply #25707 on: June 25, 2019, 03:18:30 PM »

anyone?

Etika didn't live to see the final thread be closed, people who shit on him saying it was a publicity stunt +1 willie doesn't care.gif by disgraced ex mod Prof Beef started other uses to riot and call for bans. no bans issued.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #25708 on: June 25, 2019, 03:19:40 PM »

anyone?

A Youtuber committed suicide, a Resetera mod :no1curr'd before it was confirmed to be a real suicide and not just a hoax, and then stepped down after it looked legit. Resetera has currently locked approximately 47 threads relating to the event.
©@©™

ResetBanBot

« Reply #25709 on: June 25, 2019, 03:20:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/post-22212397 (https://archive.vn/HbXTc)
The difference is that THIS place prides itself on progressive values and constantly wants to pretend to be champions of mental health awareness. What was allowed in the previous Etika threads was appalling and was allowed because of his recent problematic behavior. His illness was DISMISSED because he was "cancelled". The growing signs of his mental instability be damned and not to be taken into consideration.

Now he's dead. There is no coming back from that.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #25710 on: June 25, 2019, 03:20:23 PM »
Etika didn't live to see the final thread be closed, people who shit on him saying it was a publicity stunt +1 willie doesn't care.gif by disgraced ex mod Prof Beef started other uses to riot and call for bans. no bans issued.

i don't know who etika is or what he has to do with ree whatsoever.

Ghoul

« Reply #25711 on: June 25, 2019, 03:20:42 PM »
Users like Ketkat have been doing a hell of a job helping and supporting other users with Mental Health issues in the OT since day 1, they don't deserve to be put with some bad apples.

Ketkat only started the threads so she could moan at others at how bad it's cheeseburger life was. WTF are you saying here bud.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #25712 on: June 25, 2019, 03:20:52 PM »

anyone?

a few days ago there was a scare that etika (a nintendo youtuber apparently? I dunno) was threatening suicide.
a bunch of posters made posts along the lines of "again? lol, fuck that guy, plus hes racist and homophobic"
a mod posted a "Willie hears ya, willie don't care" gif shitpost, dismissing other users concerns
turns out the dude really did kill himself, and a bunch of people that got blown off for showing concern in the last thread are super fucking mad that the people who blew them off get to skate

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #25713 on: June 25, 2019, 03:21:06 PM »

Correction: People here aren't funny, the emotes are.  :rimshot

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #25714 on: June 25, 2019, 03:21:12 PM »

You pretty much just triggered them into preemptively leaving in droves with this post shitlord.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #25715 on: June 25, 2019, 03:21:52 PM »
A Youtuber committed suicide, a Resetera mod :no1curr'd before it was confirmed to be a real suicide and not just a hoax, and then stepped down after it looked legit. Resetera has currently locked approximately 47 threads relating to the event.

cheers. sounds about right. did ree have cause to shit on him, was he some kind of problemaniac?

Ghoul

« Reply #25716 on: June 25, 2019, 03:22:52 PM »

cheers. sounds about right. did ree have cause to shit on him, was he some kind of problemaniac?

maybe

(tweeted last time he had a mental breakdown.)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #25717 on: June 25, 2019, 03:23:01 PM »

he used a gay slur on stream, so he was #cancelled
©@©™

Boredfrom

« Reply #25718 on: June 25, 2019, 03:23:12 PM »

i don't know who etika is or what he has to do with ree whatsoever.

He was a Nintendo focused streamer/YouTuber with mental issues that killed himself half a week ago. RE started to hate him because he had episodes where he yelled racist and homophobic stuff, even if it was clear he was not mentally well.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #25719 on: June 25, 2019, 03:23:27 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/internet-celebrity-etika-may-be-losing-it-again-warning-racist-and-homophobic-slurs-update-hospitalized-again-see-threadmark-staff-posts.111596/post-19855280

#CANCELLED

Himu

« Reply #25720 on: June 25, 2019, 03:24:22 PM »

He had a history with mental illness. Last time he had a mental break he was arrested. During the arrest video he said the word fa-ggot (please remove word filters) and are bringing that to light in regarding this despite the fact that at the time he was having a mental problem.
IYKYK

Switters

« Reply #25721 on: June 25, 2019, 03:24:52 PM »
Lol, Switters has an account I guess and just tested the following function. Let me know what it does, Switters.

So far it's been nothing but a disappointment.
troll

Propagandhim

« Reply #25722 on: June 25, 2019, 03:25:18 PM »

anyone?

a few days ago there was a scare that etika (a nintendo youtuber apparently? I dunno) was threatening suicide.
a bunch of posters made posts along the lines of "again? lol, fuck that guy, plus hes racist and homophobic"
a mod posted a "Willie hears ya, willie don't care" gif shitpost, dismissing other users concerns
turns out the dude really did kill himself, and a bunch of people that got blown off for showing concern in the last thread are super fucking mad that the people who blew them off get to skate

Not even just that - People were banned for being an apologist for racism/homophobia when they dared to put his behavior in the context of his sickness.   When being a hardline asshole has consequences, they don't even allow a second of introspection, either. 

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #25723 on: June 25, 2019, 03:26:26 PM »

He had a history with mental illness. Last time he had a mental break he was arrested. During the arrest video he said the word fa-ggot (please remove word filters) and are bringing that to light in regarding this despite the fact that at the time he was having a mental problem.

Noooooooo word filters are the best :bolo

Add more!

ResetBanBot

« Reply #25724 on: June 25, 2019, 03:26:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/internet-celebrity-etika-may-be-losing-it-again-warning-racist-and-homophobic-slurs-update-hospitalized-again-see-threadmark-staff-posts.111596/#post-19855295 (https://archive.vn/19UrB)
That's edgy. Hope someone sits him down and helps him find his brain.

ResetEra's cancel culture literally caused a suicide, that's a good thing, right? Isn't that the whole point of cancel culture? To de-person problematic people?

Boredfrom

« Reply #25725 on: June 25, 2019, 03:27:39 PM »
I’m legit sad for him, uh...

Not a fan but that is a sad way to go, feeling guilty of seeking attention...

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #25726 on: June 25, 2019, 03:27:46 PM »

You pretty much just triggered them into preemptively leaving in droves with this post shitlord.

All according to keikaku :expert

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #25727 on: June 25, 2019, 03:29:07 PM »

anyone?

Not even just that - People were banned for being an apologist for racism/homophobia when they dared to put his behavior in the context of his sickness.   When being a hardline asshole has consequences, they don't even allow a second of introspection, either.

RE has this weird policy that bigoted comments and mental health can never be related. As if having a mental episode would never cause people to say shit they normally wouldn't

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #25728 on: June 25, 2019, 03:29:39 PM »

maybe

(tweeted last time he had a mental breakdown.)
:respect

Ghoul

« Reply #25729 on: June 25, 2019, 03:31:30 PM »
Prior GAF mod transgressions ranged from literally doxxing people, scamming forum members out of money to fuel drug habits, or literal pedophillia.

The mods here have issues but let’s not get crazy here

YOU AIN'T SLICK

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-17#post-22212930

thetylerrob

« Reply #25730 on: June 25, 2019, 03:32:48 PM »
Let's be real here. Resetera didn't make him suicide.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #25731 on: June 25, 2019, 03:33:17 PM »
 ::)

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #25732 on: June 25, 2019, 03:33:35 PM »
Hecht doxxed people!  Neogaf had over a decade to accrue those mod transgressions, resetera is only in year 2 give them time

Boredfrom

« Reply #25733 on: June 25, 2019, 03:33:53 PM »

You are right, but people like the ones on Era were the ones calling him names on Twitter.

Himu

« Reply #25734 on: June 25, 2019, 03:33:54 PM »
Prior GAF mod transgressions ranged from literally doxxing people, scamming forum members out of money to fuel drug habits, or literal pedophillia.

The mods here have issues but let’s not get crazy here

YOU AIN'T SLICK

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-17#post-22212930

watch that person be banned for saying mods have "issues". Since they're not perfect and Reset isn't a safe haven, they should get the axe.

IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #25735 on: June 25, 2019, 03:35:27 PM »
resetera.com killed a black man rip etika

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #25736 on: June 25, 2019, 03:37:22 PM »

Social media + mental health issues is a bad combination.  I guess technically forums are an ancient form of social media but really twitter and YouTube are probably more to blame than a forum barely anyone has ever heard of.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #25737 on: June 25, 2019, 03:37:35 PM »

Ketkat only started the threads so she could moan at others at how bad it's cheeseburger life was. WTF are you saying here bud.

To be fair he also started those threads so he could behave like an insufferable cunt

Boredfrom

« Reply #25738 on: June 25, 2019, 03:37:37 PM »

anyone?

RE has this weird policy that bigoted comments and mental health can never be related. As if having a mental episode would never cause people to say shit they normally wouldn't

How dare you:

I hope you realize that the mods are people and it takes time to actually look into things.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-18#post-22213049

ResetBanBot

« Reply #25739 on: June 25, 2019, 03:38:45 PM »
Etika very specifically stated the reason he was killing himself, because he "ruined his life" (cancelled) for being "too edgy". ResetEra, and the type of people who post on ResetEra are the direct cause of that impression. Unless you want to talk to me about the inevitability of someone like Etika killing themselves, this specific series of events is what lead to Etika's suicide.

Don't worry Etika, only bitch niccas cry about the edge.