Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3800469 times)

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #25800 on: June 25, 2019, 04:36:36 PM »
why is sweetnicole still so protected? they're an utter cunt/

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #25801 on: June 25, 2019, 04:38:42 PM »
As opposed to Etika, I didn't kill myself. I'm in Italy.

Ask me anything about pasta!

No noodle talk now.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #25802 on: June 25, 2019, 04:39:41 PM »
Alright, and I think it's fair to bring that up in a civil way, but this thread is turning into a giant witch hunt at this point. People need to remember that mods are human beings, they aren't perfect, they are going to make mistake or be inconsistent, and from the outside looking in it's easy to assume the worst, probably easier than trying to draw reasonable distinctions, but I think it sucks that these are good people who work really hard to build this community and people are so ready to not give them the benefit of the doubt and are quick to just throw them under the bus.

Fucking RedMercury complaining about 'online witch hunts' and 'not giving the benefit of the doubt'

:dead
That's just the editorializing of his usual brown nosing.

Risible

« Reply #25803 on: June 25, 2019, 04:41:30 PM »
As opposed to Etika, I didn't kill myself. I'm in Italy.

Ask me anything about pasta!

You mean noodles?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #25804 on: June 25, 2019, 04:45:35 PM »
I don't see this etika thread being this spicy and passing FinalFeuerwehrs Productivity Assessment Algorithm for much longer

PogiJones

« Reply #25805 on: June 25, 2019, 04:45:51 PM »
Alright, and I think it's fair to bring that up in a civil way, but this thread is turning into a giant witch hunt at this point. People need to remember that mods are human beings, they aren't perfect, they are going to make mistake or be inconsistent, and from the outside looking in it's easy to assume the worst, probably easier than trying to draw reasonable distinctions, but I think it sucks that these are good people who work really hard to build this community and people are so ready to not give them the benefit of the doubt and are quick to just throw them under the bus.

Fucking RedMercury complaining about 'online witch hunts' and 'not giving the benefit of the doubt'

:dead

Someone bookmark this so I can bring it up the next time he advocates for online mobs.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #25806 on: June 25, 2019, 04:47:44 PM »
The mods are like, well we can't just fucking lock it can we?

But we need to fucking lock it.

I would do the two button meme, but fuck you guys CBA

ResetBanBot

« Reply #25807 on: June 25, 2019, 04:47:57 PM »
This is going to be a huge blight on the community for a long time, mark my words. Lot of eyeballs on here right now that have never paid attention to ERA before and the hypocrisy of the images circulating the internet of screencaps of reaction posts to Etika's videos is on display for the rest of the internet to see.
and you people said I was being edgy for being excited about this

Boredfrom

« Reply #25808 on: June 25, 2019, 04:48:02 PM »
I don't see this etika thread being this spicy and passing FinalFeuerwehrs Productivity Assessment Algorithm for much longer

https://mobile.twitter.com/doctor_cupcakes/status/1143619169784668160

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #25809 on: June 25, 2019, 04:48:03 PM »
I don't think the issue has anything to do with staff or how moderation is handled. I think it has everything to do with a community that jumps to cancel or dunk on people, lacks basic human empathy, and generally isn't interested in having discourse or conversation about most topics. There's not enough moderators in the world to fix the problems that this community has. There's no magic rules that can fix it either. It can only be fixed by the community, within the community. While the community will always hold a close place in my heart, it is part of the reason I stepped down as community manager.

Posted by, I shit you not

spoiler (click to show/hide)
SweetNicole
[close]

:lol :lol :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #25810 on: June 25, 2019, 04:48:14 PM »
y'all are gaslighting muthafuckers telling me that pastas not noodles now

:bolo

« Reply #25811 on: June 25, 2019, 04:49:15 PM »
A post in someone’s death thread still pointing out how that person said problematic stuff is the most reset era thing I think we are going to see all year.

agrajag

« Reply #25812 on: June 25, 2019, 04:50:48 PM »
Brits should learn how to pronounce pasta (and Mario) properly before commenting on it.

:camby

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

ResetBanBot

« Reply #25815 on: June 25, 2019, 04:56:10 PM »
Another based and redpilled Kokonoe post blaming Etika for refusing to be institutionalized against his will.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-28#post-22215439 (https://archive.vn/kogJf)
I am not seeing what is wrong with that statement. Everything that was going on there was making it real hard to feel for him. But just cause I wasn't feeling for him at that place in time doesn't mean I think he deserved to die. It doesn't mean I thought with absolute certainty he wasn't capable of doing it, he kept refusing help which is what made it harder to care.

His Ex-GF got him in the hospital twice and he told them to not help them both times. Imagine how she felt knowing she tried her hardest to save him but he kept denying it.

what happened to the redpill filter?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #25816 on: June 25, 2019, 05:01:44 PM »
Should we maybe not use the corpse of a YouTuber which is still warm to fight the message board civil wars?  :-\
🤴

Ghoul

« Reply #25817 on: June 25, 2019, 05:02:30 PM »
this mystic dude coming in the thread sharing pictures of him with Etika, it's like the fuck dude, didn't see you attempting to defend your buddy from these psychopaths.

In the words of the deceased "No pussy ass niccas" 

ResetBanBot

« Reply #25818 on: June 25, 2019, 05:05:34 PM »
Kokonoe, you're ruining the narrative. Have a week ban but you can still hang out in the secret discord ;)
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory commentary over a series of posts, distracting from issues surrounding mental health.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #25819 on: June 25, 2019, 05:08:22 PM »
I know you muhricans have trouble with English, but here, let's make this easy:

"Pasta" is the italian term. You'll find close equivalents in other romance languages. For example, "pâtes" in French.

"Noodles" is the equivalent word, from the germanic root. Nudeln.

Since your sorry ass language is the bastard child of french and german, you can use both. Interchangeably.

It's not that fucking hard, geez.

Ghoul

« Reply #25820 on: June 25, 2019, 05:09:24 PM »
shocking lack of "yikes" posts in the thread BTW. Was yikes cancelled for being homophobic?

Boredfrom

« Reply #25821 on: June 25, 2019, 05:11:46 PM »
This forum doesn’t have a problem with helping out others dealing with mental illness. We occasionally have threads made from one of the members either thinking about suicide or dealing with depression. For the most part people here do their best to help out. What this place does have a problem is empathizing with people with big social media followings. People making quick assumptions as if you 100% know the person. A lot of that is due to streamer culture being viewed as a cynical profession. And it sometimes extends to celebrities, although I think it’s slowing down these days.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-30#post-22216238

That is rich coming from BoxyBrown.

They suddenly care about how empathetic the forum is.

agrajag

« Reply #25822 on: June 25, 2019, 05:13:34 PM »

"Pasta" is the italian term. You'll find close equivalents in other romance languages. For example, "pâtes" in French.

Since your sorry ass language is the bastard child of french and german, you can use both. Interchangeably.

'Muhricans have been saying this since the start of the argument, so you're agreeing with them.  :confused

Himu

« Reply #25823 on: June 25, 2019, 05:17:28 PM »

'Muhricans have been saying this since the start of the argument, so you're agreeing with them.  :confused

You’re not American?!
IYKYK

Ghoul

« Reply #25824 on: June 25, 2019, 05:18:48 PM »
lmao ERA in full defense goes to the only place they can ever get a 1up on

NEOGAF

Boredfrom

« Reply #25825 on: June 25, 2019, 05:19:19 PM »
The sudden influx of low post count accounts coming into the thread apparently SUPER KNOWLEDGEABLE about Era is a really good indication of why a public discussion about moderation and the community is not possible. 👍

Do you have no shame, Crossing Eden?

Ghoul

« Reply #25826 on: June 25, 2019, 05:20:46 PM »
CrossingEden

The sudden influx of low post count accounts coming into the thread apparently SUPER KNOWLEDGEABLE about Era is a really good indication of why a public discussion about moderation and the community is not possible. 👍

FUCKING LOW POST COUNTS IT'S ALL THEIR FAULT

(played like a fiddle by Boredfrom.)

ResetBanBot

« Reply #25827 on: June 25, 2019, 05:21:13 PM »
Bruh it's too fast, too many good posts. This is like equivalent of forum singularity that's accelerating to infinity.

Ghoul

« Reply #25829 on: June 25, 2019, 05:23:32 PM »
Kojima dies

Reset: Yeah but quiet was pretty fucking problematic hey guys right? Fucking breathing through skin, I am not ashamed of my actions or deeds right?? RIIIIGHT???

:popular :popular

paprikastaude

« Reply #25830 on: June 25, 2019, 05:24:45 PM »
just read about this, terrible. should I even click that lunatic shit hole reee right now?

CrossingEden

The sudden influx of low post count accounts coming into the thread apparently SUPER KNOWLEDGEABLE about Era is a really good indication of why a public discussion about moderation and the community is not possible.

FUCKING LOW POST COUNTS IT'S ALL THEIR FAULT

(played like a fiddle by Boredfrom.)

nope.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 05:44:42 PM by Spieler1 »

ResetBanBot

« Reply #25831 on: June 25, 2019, 05:25:06 PM »
I agree. I mispoke when I said it's not a resetera problem when I should have said it's not just a resetera problem and I'll edit that right now.
There's a lot of whataboutism going on this thread. 4chan and NeoGAF aren't the one's complaining about Etika being "too edgy", which is the actual fact of the matter in this situation.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #25832 on: June 25, 2019, 05:25:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-31#post-22216516

Love those screenshots of bans completely out of context too. Absolutely putrid and disingenuous.

Context Sensitive Bans™
ὕβρις

Ghoul

« Reply #25833 on: June 25, 2019, 05:26:32 PM »
Shugga the same dude in the screenshots

No shit. Lots of axes to grind huh. Love those screenshots of bans completely out of context too. Absolutely putrid and disingenuous.

YA KNOW KID, WE HAVE THE RECEIPTS

https://resetera.kiwifarms.net/hot

Stop destroying me guys pls.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #25834 on: June 25, 2019, 05:27:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-31#post-22216516

Love those screenshots of bans completely out of context too. Absolutely putrid and disingenuous.

Context Sensitive Bans™

aBsOlUtElY pUtRiD aNd DiSinGeNuOus.

keep sucking that mod diiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #25835 on: June 25, 2019, 05:28:44 PM »
ὕβρις

Boredfrom

« Reply #25836 on: June 25, 2019, 05:28:47 PM »
Oh, i wonder how level headed was the discussion on reddit, youtube, twitch or facebook.

Singling out ERA for this stuff is so silly, when every other site is far worse in how it actually moderates itself and the discussion. At least here people have still the decency of not using derogative terms like the r, or n word to attack each other and look cool and edgy.

But hey, let's keep the crusade against ERA libs, that will show them!!!111!!1

“We tackle the real problems like getting triggered by people using derogative terms.”

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #25837 on: June 25, 2019, 05:29:29 PM »
Should we maybe not use the corpse of a YouTuber which is still warm to fight the message board civil wars?  :-\
Hey man, WE didn’t kill him.
:trumps
que

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #25838 on: June 25, 2019, 05:31:57 PM »
Implying that post count equates to wisdom or validity is rather a poor attempt to discredit people with valid concerns. Spamming posts does not make you smarter or more qualified. You may find many who have been here since resetera was literally created still haunting and very much knowledgeable even if the faces are new.
I am not sure why anyone would be against open discussion.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-32#post-22216818
ὕβρις

Rman

« Reply #25839 on: June 25, 2019, 05:33:12 PM »
So back on the Cerrium and EL comparisons.

As you see all the blame is gone to the mods of ERA instead of Cerrium.  Cerrium should be falling on his sword, but he hides behind his staff communications, while his mods get rekted.

No idea why you would want to be a mod there.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #25840 on: June 25, 2019, 05:33:15 PM »

I just scroll past these posts without reading

Ghoul

« Reply #25841 on: June 25, 2019, 05:33:38 PM »
I really hope these fuckers are using ad blocker, otherwise this thread is making Cerium a lot of fucking money.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #25842 on: June 25, 2019, 05:33:43 PM »
Crossing Eden getting dragged :dead

Nobody cares about your take on the problem and I don't think anyone in this thread cares about you at all.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-32#post-22216830
ὕβρις

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior

agrajag

« Reply #25844 on: June 25, 2019, 05:36:12 PM »
Implying that post count equates to wisdom or validity is rather a poor attempt to discredit people with valid concerns. Spamming posts does not make you smarter or more qualified. You may find many who have been here since resetera was literally created still haunting and very much knowledgeable even if the faces are new.
I am not sure why anyone would be against open discussion.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-32#post-22216818

expand...How many post did you make in this thread that weren't related to Etika ?

Fuck off and let people mourn the death of a young man that didn't deserve his terrible fate.

Nobody cares about your take on the problem and I don't think anyone in this thread cares about you at all.

Crossing Eden getting dragged

:lawd

agrajag

« Reply #25845 on: June 25, 2019, 05:36:46 PM »
fuck I'm to slo

BisMarckie

« Reply #25846 on: June 25, 2019, 05:36:51 PM »
Pasta are noodles made with specific ingredients;  that's how it's used in the states at least.  You wouldn't call Ramen Noodles pasta but you can call lasagna noodles.. noodles.

Lasagna isn't noodles.

YOU ARE WRONG!

I am going to fucking kill you just like Hillary killed Seth Rich! :bolo

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #25848 on: June 25, 2019, 05:37:30 PM »
Man the mods have gonna have a miserable day going back to that thread when it will die down to ban every negative metacommentary poster. Good thing ERA has so many mods, that and closing thread within two minutes when all hands are called on deck is the only thing they're good for apparently.
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #25849 on: June 25, 2019, 05:38:11 PM »

not murican
noodles = asian origin, made with flour, rolled, come in one format which is a thin filled cylinder
pasta = italian origin, made with durum, squeezed out of a machine, comes in a bajillion formats (sheets, shells, twists, tubes, filled parcels, and also a noodle like format)

me yesterday: but pastas not noodles  ???
the bire yesterday: yes it is dumbass

:idont
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 05:44:17 PM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

Ghoul

« Reply #25850 on: June 25, 2019, 05:38:45 PM »
mods atm

Propagandhim

« Reply #25851 on: June 25, 2019, 05:38:46 PM »
Crossing Eden getting dragged :dead

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-32#post-22216830

Crossing Eden smashing that report button as we speak

ResetBanBot

« Reply #25852 on: June 25, 2019, 05:39:20 PM »
Bruh, we can't talk about this now. People are reading this and commenting on it. What do you think this is? a publicly-visible forum?
How about we wait until a day where the majority of the thread won't be
"Yea the mod team is shit."---->"not just the mod team"----->"*insert dog whistle about outrage culture here*" ---->"*insert members falling hook line and sinker for said dogwhistle*"---->*thread being used by offsite stalkers*

Ghoul

« Reply #25853 on: June 25, 2019, 05:43:02 PM »
I'm calling this the greatest thread of 2019. what could top it?

Also CrossingEden wonder if they have a twitter  :phil

Propagandhim

« Reply #25854 on: June 25, 2019, 05:44:18 PM »

Smollett 2: The Revenge thread was pretty good tho.

BisMarckie

« Reply #25855 on: June 25, 2019, 05:44:27 PM »

Please direct any doxxing requests to:
BenjiSales@tacobell.com

stufte

« Reply #25856 on: June 25, 2019, 05:44:27 PM »
Quote from: SENPAIatLARGE
Gotta protect our own, amirite? Prominent members stick together.
Quote from: RedMercury
No.

Not even a page later:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/post-22217159

Quote from: RedMercury
Thank you Crossing Eden for injecting some reason and context into the discussion.

:popular

lol

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #25857 on: June 25, 2019, 05:44:39 PM »
Let's say each post is one member. ~350 members saying that is still a very small portion of ERA members.
If era taught me anything, is that apparently numbers don't matter and if a small percentage of a community does something, the entire community is responsible and it's name tarnished forever

:ohyou

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-33#post-22216977
ὕβρις

Propagandhim

« Reply #25858 on: June 25, 2019, 05:45:22 PM »
Let's say each post is one member. ~350 members saying that is still a very small portion of ERA members.
If era taught me anything, is that apparently numbers don't matter and if a small percentage of a community does something, the entire community is responsible and it's name tarnished forever

:ohyou

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-33#post-22216977

Fucking LOL

Averon

« Reply #25859 on: June 25, 2019, 05:46:13 PM »
Crossing Eden and Red Mercury brown-nosing it up in that thread is both pathetic and hilarious  :lol
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 06:23:09 PM by Averon »